Creating a wrester / Moves sets

Guest Nukester

Guest Nukester
When creating a rookie wrestler, how do you go about deciding on the moveset ? Even though Im a rookie with very low stats, there still seems to be an enormous amount of moves that are available to put in the moveset (especially standing moves, where i believe you can have 50 moves). I guess my question is, do you fill all of your available slots for moves, you do you only choose, say 10-15 moves for a catagory, even if allowed up to 50 ?

My advice is choose what style of a wrestler you want to be, think about what kind of moves that wrestler might have, and assign them. When I make a rookie, I generally don't fill up the moveset with the idea that as the rookie improves I can add more moves or take away moves I don't like. Maybe you could start out with 20-25 standing moves to see how they work. Another piece of advice is to spread the moves out over low, medium, high and finisher levels. I tend to do 30% for low, medium and high and 10% finisher. (Ground moves = 10, so 3 low, 3 medium, 3 high, 1 finisher.) You could also use the database editor to check the movesets section. Find a style there you like and try to copy those moves into your set. Unfortunately, you can't just assign a moveset in a Rookie to Legend career. Anyway, I hope you could follow this and welcome to the game and the boards! :D

Guest Nukester
Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Yeah I was thinking along those lines as well. I was thinking of placing some personal house rules in place for this. Something like you were saying, like only taking maybe 10-15 moves to place in the moveset (for catagories where you can put alot of move. The catagories where you can only have 5 moves, I will fill if possible). Then as my wrestler grows, I can add in more moves. To be honest, I never even look at the frequency or success rate, and rely on chosing my moves by using only my wrestling knowledge, and using moves that seem appropriate at the time.

To kind of piggy-back off of this, if there is a another version of this game in the future I'd like to see the number of moves limited. It will make it harder to build up your wrestler but I'd like to see rookies have fewer moves. As a wrestlers skills build up, it could allow for more moves (not just better moves).

Archived