Have you ever *not* seen...

I've "played" through more than a few trial months and simmed through some more. I'm curious if anyone has ever *not* seen the following events in their games: UCR rise to Cult MAW rise to Small Burning EXILE become the head booker of WEXXV Wanda Fish become the head booker of RIPW JEF open American Elemental join TCW Neveda Nuclear get called up to SWF I think these have all happened in every first month I've gone through. In fact its been so consistent that I'm considering making it my own personal "side-quest" to derail as many of them as I can when I really start playing with the full release. Of course, I probably can't do anything about UCR, MAW or JEF's status, but messing with the workers might be possible.

Title wins are NOT predetermined, although a worker who is in the middle of a big push usually wins one. In my games Dark Angel usually wins a title, but not always. Booking remains random too. One month I had USPW was doing TERRIBLE. They just couldn't seem to do a show better then a high 'D'. Would've been nice if that was the real game, get some competition out of the way early on :D

I think that the entertainment promotions really suck in the first month, because they really cant do much, because they don't have the time to build huge storylines and gain momentum to the big stars :P and speaking about Dark Angel, he always complains about tight schedule!! And Jacob Jett and Joey Poison always get signed by bigger companies. Aswell as Frankie Perez, if that wasn't mentioned yet.

[QUOTE=Caninrok;172168]I've "played" through more than a few trial months and simmed through some more. I'm curious if anyone has ever *not* seen the following events in their games: UCR rise to Cult MAW rise to Small[/quote] Due to their popularity, you have to try really hard to put on a show bad enough to avoid this happening :p Obviously the AI isn't going to try to put on a bad show, thus... [quote]Burning EXILE become the head booker of WEXXV Wanda Fish become the head booker of RIPW JEF open American Elemental join TCW Neveda Nuclear get called up to SWF[/quote] Obviously, since you're playing with the same database every time, some small things are bound to happen every time in the first month. WEXXV will need a booker in the first month of every new game, and Burning EXILE will always be the best candidate unless you change his stats or create someone else. Same with Fish and RIPW. There will only be one promotion in Europe unless you create one, so the game opens another one to make things more interesting. Nevada Nuclear is way too good for development anyway ¬_¬ Once the game settles down and all the promotions resolve all their initial "problems", things will get more interesting. Common sense really.

[QUOTE=xfactor9600;172216]Are you seeing any different results if you play with "restrictions" on versus if you play with them off. What i mean does that affect where people go? I realize it probably doesn't affect UCR or JEF.[/QUOTE] Yeah, it does. With restrictions off, Farrah Hesketh always becomes head booker of MPWF. Always. Another sure thing I've found with restrictions on is that Shawn Gonzalez always becomes head booker of CZCW.

BHOTWG always sign Samoan Machine (and I believe to a written contract). This stuns me because I don't think he'd go to BHOTWG. Another one I find odd is also American Elemental getting hired by TCW as I wouldn't think he would go there when he's got "Elemental III" lined up for him at BHOTWG. Eisuke Hoshino also signs with BHOTWG, and even though its a freelance, I would think he wouldn't want to work there. Oh, and I originally thought I wouldn't be able to get star power for a federation in Japan, but surprisingly you can get, William Heyes, Dark EAGLE and The Great Hisato to sign to a Cult sized federation. The William Heyes in particular shocked me the most as I was expecting him to be loyal to BHOTWG. Edit: I guess I should say these are things I didn't think I should be seeing.

[QUOTE=Dorian;172373]The William Heyes in particular shocked me the most as I was expecting him to be loyal to BHOTWG. Edit: I guess I should say these are things I didn't think I should be seeing.[/QUOTE] Loyalty has nothing to do with whether a worker will sign a PPA contract. It seems to come into play when workers are offered WRITTEN or exclusive PPA contracts by promotions other than the one they're loyal to. I also think folks are reading too much into the Elemental III alter ego for American Elemental. Considering the age of the workers involved, it's not too far fetched to believe AmEl will be brought in to replace Ele2. Ele2 is still active and Ele1 is a road agent (I think). So the time's not right for Ele3 yet. Signing with TCW will give AmEle skill and overness that'll help him down the road in becoming Ele3. At least that's what I've gathered from the fact that American Elemental is snatched up within the first week by TCW. I kinda think it's a behind the scenes game of "American Elemental refuses to negotiate as he feels he can make more money elsewhere".

Hm, point taken. I hadn't thought of it that way. I more meant that I was expecting that out of Williams Heyes though since he's always seems to be solely in BHOTWG, so nabbing him was neat. Although, I think he's PHGW now that I think about it. D'oh.

I think they just added the alter egos on the off chance that happens. They looked at American Elemental, saw that it was possible he'd be hired in a fed with 2 other elementals, and so just changed his name so he'd be 3rd in the line. Not saying it will never happen or what not, but that means if he's ever loaned to the fed, it'll convert his name automatically.

Just wanted to point out that I wasn't in anyway intending to complain about the regularity of these events. Just curious if there had been any variance. I noticed that MHW opens up quite often as well (though not everytime) and I'm seriously thinking about staying unemployed the first month and hoping I can get their headbooker position. Hardcore Lucha? Sounds great!

[QUOTE=praguepride;172496]I think they just added the alter egos on the off chance that happens. They looked at American Elemental, saw that it was possible he'd be hired in a fed with 2 other elementals, and so just changed his name so he'd be 3rd in the line. Not saying it will never happen or what not, but that means if he's ever loaned to the fed, it'll convert his name automatically.[/QUOTE] Possible? American Elemental would be absolutely THRILLED to play Elemental III. Just read his bio. I think it'll definitely happen, but not until 2010 or later. The game world is shaken up when 07 starts so there's a lot of vacancies to fill and roster spots to divvy up. I think once April rolls around, most of the promotions will have hunkered down in their respective areas and gone about in business as usual fashion. What I'm really interested to see though is if/how often SWF uses RIPW and whether they sign folks directly to development deals or let RIPW do the signing. I'm curious to see how the AI parent-child relationship dynamics work (can't really see that during the demo).

[QUOTE=praguepride;172587]In my game almost all of the developmentals in RIPW are called up before the end of the month. Not much time for development :D[/QUOTE] Exactly! I wanna see if SWF refills RIPW or if RIPW goes out and gets their own talent. Besides, several of the people RIPW has on its roster didn't really need development to begin with. I think SWF just stashed 'em there so no one else could sign them. Nevada Nuclear was usually pretty popular in 05, especially given the number of areas he could work in (or maybe that was just because I always used the 'All Areas' patch *shrug*).

To clarify: [QUOTE]UCR rise to Cult MAW rise to Small[/QUOTE] They will almost always happen, because they are roughly one decent show away from rising. [QUOTE]Burning EXILE become the head booker of WEXXV[/QUOTE] That too will almost always happen, as he is head and shoulders above any other candidate. [QUOTE]Wanda Fish become the head booker of RIPW[/QUOTE] That's no a guarantee - Dazzling Dave Diamond has gotten the RIPW job on many occasions during testing. It's about 80\20 in favour of Wanda, as she's better. [QUOTE]JEF open[/QUOTE] This will always happen, as the Game World Balancer sees that there is a gap in Europe. [QUOTE]American Elemental join TCW[/QUOTE] It doesn't always happen - I've had quite a few games where he never went to TCW. [QUOTE]Neveda Nuclear get called up to SWF[/QUOTE] This will almost always happen, due to Nuclear being an awesome signing for them even if he wasn't already under development.

[QUOTE=praguepride;172587]In my game almost all of the developmentals in RIPW are called up before the end of the month. Not much time for development :D[/QUOTE] If you compare that to WWE and OVW, it's amazingly realistic ¬_¬ "That guy looks like an awesome prospect! Bring him onto RAW!" "But Vince, he's only wrestled one match in his life, and that sucked!" "So? He looks great! He'll get over!" "But... but... oh, okay, you win boss." And conversely: "Hey, that guy has loads of talent Vince. He's been in OVW so long now he's beggining to get gangrene. Shall we call him up?" "Nah. He doesn't have the look." "Vince, remind me, why do we bother signing people to development deals if we never let them develop if they look good, and never bother calling them up if they don't?" "YOU'RE FIRED! How DARE you try and turn this into a WRESTLING company by sticking up for people who can wrestle! I must go and watch Heidenreich vs Undertaker from last years Royal Rumble to calm down. For that was a truely epic match." ¬_¬ The "development" part of "development territory" seems to escape the notice of Sports Entertainment promotors :p Except for Nevada, who is already awesome. ¬_¬

Archived