I just created my first fed: Totally Freakin' Awsome Wrestling (TFAW) and it has no prestige, no staff, nothing... basically it is just a name so far. So, I start a new game, join my new fed, hire staff and workers etc. etc. I've started running monthly shows and my question is at what level would it be profitable to turn over to weekly shows? I'm still on F-, so I figure I've got some way to go yet until I'm a threat. I'm also constantly losing money. Thankfully I won the lottery when I started the fed and still have 5 million in the bank:) Won't last forever though:( Also, that dumbass bastard of an owner has said he want home grown talent, so nobody is allowed in who works for someone else. That means I'm left with a list of crap wrestlers with whom my hardcore fanbase of 5 (who turn up to every show out of pity, I swear) are very vocal about in their unhappiness. I suppose I should be happy that they haven't sodded off, but with no other hardcore-based fed in south UK, I suppose they have sod-all elswhere to go. And while I'm on the subject I wish there was an option to hold my shows in my backyard as paying for a 200 seater church-hall is draining my bank account. Rant over.

I dunno what your complaining about, ur a new fed with 5 mill. I started a new fed called Supreme Cutting Edge Action (SCEA) and edited nothing so no staff or anyhting just like you. BUT i only started with 100,000 so i gotta a hell of a harsh task....and i still aint made a profit so things get real bad before they even get a little better. Also i agree paying for a 300 seater when only 9 odd people turn up (When i first started) is a bit of a knock out blow.

[QUOTE=WrestleManiac;175472]And while I'm on the subject I wish there was an option to hold my shows in my backyard as paying for a 200 seater church-hall is draining my bank account.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I agree. That $200 a month is crippling ¬_¬ How will you ever survive with only $5mil in the bank? Why, you must be spending one thousandth of your bank balance on workers every month (if you have a horribly expensive roster)! At that rate, you could only hold 5,000 shows! The tradegy! You'd have to close in 416 years! (Assuming you stayed at the same popularity for four centuries and your owner is such a crap businessman that you never got any income at all) :p

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175479]Yeah, I agree. That $200 a month is crippling ¬_¬ How will you ever survive with only $5mil in the bank? Why, you must be spending one thousandth of your bank balance on workers every month! At that rate, you could only hold 5,000 shows! The tradegy! You'd have to close in 416 years! :p[/QUOTE] lol The only reason I started with 5 mil is because I'm new to this game and I didn't want to be completly butchered by the opposition. I'm not exactly being butchered... more like slowly being chipped at! Still, does anyone know at which level weekly shows becomes profitable? Sorry for double posting...

Monthly i only have 2 even decent wrestlers and they are Hell Monkey and Frankie Perez, although Adam Matravers is sweet. Basacially im building the promotion around a Best of 7 series between Hell Monkey and Frankie so far all 3 (including the one before the series starts) have all been B - matches.

Looks like God is against my fed as i signed Davis Wayne Newton to only a 125 PPA contract he got a C+ match against Adam Matravers and was about to start a feud with him. Then the poor guy is out for about a year with a Herniated Spinal Disk or something like that. Good buy any hopes for profit.

I have to laugh at the sob fest over who has the least money to start. :P To answer the original question about when to go to "weekly" If you are trying to get a profit, weekly isn't a good idea until you have at least D level overness in the areas you want to run your shows. However, if you can get a decent TV deal, you can go weekly before then and make money from the TV revenue.

If you have 5 million in the bank, you should just start holding two weekly shows and spend that money like no tomorrow to raise your workers' stats and your popularity. With that much money, you won't even have a challenge. Still, the AI on owner goals needs dramatic tweaking. "We're a backyard fed, but we only use homegrown talent, we don't want anyone who's over to come ruin our product!" Okay . . .

Archived