So I need to be staffed, right? I like the addition of the ability to sign workers into a pre-selected position BUT... When i sign a guy specifically AS a road agent (because I NEED a road agent) or a color commentator (because I NEED a color commentator) I fully expect them to NOT start kicking and crying THE NEXT DAY about how they don't like the push! You took the contract, dolt. You knew what ya were wanted for. Don't whine now. So ultimately, what's the point of being able to sign a worker to a specific position if it ends up being just as random?

By random, I mean as random as it was in 2005. If you NEED a road agent, you may need to sign a dozen or more workers of suitable experience for the position before you (might) find the one worker who actually doesn't cry over it. So yeah, it's just as random as that. I assumed that the new feature would cut back on the guess work that was required in hiring RA's and CC's. When you're offered a contract that says you'll be making $X in X position, it's usually wise to assume that you'll be making $X in X position.

That's what I did. Dropdown menu on the workers screen: "Can work as", "road agent" (In this case, it was Capt. USA and Wolverine). Gave them the contract AS RA's, and the very next day they wanted a different push. So now I have Cap and Wolvy wanting to headline and still no road agents. So actually, I would figure that's a double safe-guard against hiring workers who DON'T want to be RA's.

[QUOTE=mitsukaikira;175551]Yeah, what I do is filter for who CAN work as a road agent, but I also filter for retired or non-wrestlers. That way you don't accidentaly sign someone who's still active.[/QUOTE] Good call. I'll try that. And even though it may end my problems with RA's, it's still breach of the damned contract! :p

[QUOTE=RabidKeeblerElf;175522]So ultimately, what's the point of being able to sign a worker to a specific position if it ends up being just as random?[/QUOTE] It's for player convenience more than anything else. Adam probably didn't foresee folks wanting to sign active wrestlers for backstage positions when the feature was coded. I don't think the contract push/disposition is there for you to tell the worker what you want them for. Otherwise, it would factor into a worker's decision to sign with you. It doesn't. Neither does the autopush option. If a worker's contract said he was being paid $X for Y job, the autopush wouldn't set him to Z job since it would violate the terms of his contract. So it goes both ways. :) From the way Adam explained the 'Game World Balancer', it would seem that if there's a shortage of available road agents, the game looks for workers who might have reason to consider retiring and then retires those who fit certain criteria. Therefore, retired wrestlers would be your best bet for road agents or even other backstage duties. Non-wrestlers are in abundance and thus, would probably make the most sense for color commentators (unless there's a particularly gifted retired wrestler who fits the bill).

Or, you could just tell them to shut up and do their job :p Seriously. As long as they're set at "Sometimes" instead of "Never" for road agent work, just ignore him. I've never had a worker who COULD do a job, REFUSE to do it (verbally refuse I mean. Not simply walk out ¬_¬). They'll sometimes say "I'd much rather be doing Job Y", but unless they actually can't/are set to never do it, they've never said "Make me a Main Eventer NOW!". The same for workers who want to be pushed higher on the card. They'll damn well be pushed when I want to push them :p

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175657]Or, you could just tell them to shut up and do their job :p Seriously. As long as they're set at "Sometimes" instead of "Never" for road agent work, just ignore him. I've never had a worker who COULD do a job, REFUSE to do it (verbally refuse I mean. Not simply walk out ¬_¬). They'll sometimes say "I'd much rather be doing Job Y", but unless they actually can't/are set to never do it, they've never said "Make me a Main Eventer NOW!". The same for workers who want to be pushed higher on the card. They'll damn well be pushed when I want to push them :p[/QUOTE] Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that lower their morale? And isn't morale more important in this edition of TEW than in 05? I'd be inclined to agree with you ("STFU or GTFO!") but that balancing act might be of more concern to others when they start getting feedback from unhappy workers (IF they can get feedback from unhappy workers).

Meh, I haven't had any huge problems with morale yet, but if I do I guess I'll be a bit more forgiving ¬_¬ I usually give in to people who want to be in the main event when they're currently Enhancement Talent, because that usually means I've made an error of judgement ¬_¬ But if it's only one place further up the card, I put it down to ambition (or ego), and ignore them.

[QUOTE=Remianen;175663]Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that lower their morale? And isn't morale more important in this edition of TEW than in 05? I'd be inclined to agree with you ("STFU or GTFO!") but that balancing act might be of more concern to others when they start getting feedback from unhappy workers (IF they can get feedback from unhappy workers).[/QUOTE] Yeah, but whereas unhappy workers might stuff up a match, I've had no evidence of an unhappy Road Agent doing his job badly (although that doesn't mean it doesn't affect it). Just ignore him - but you may have to find someone else to do his job at the end of his contract.

I thought the push thing in the contract was so it would set the guy in your roster as soon as he was brought in. For example, I want Hell Monkey as a main eventer, so I set that on the contract negotiation screen. I just assumed this was a feature so that when you hire a lot of guys, you wouldn't have to go and set their roster positions afterwards, just saving some time. Granted, I never actually checked if it worked since I hired a lot of guys and used auto push after. Should really check it next time. :)

It does work exactly like that. There's no problem with that feature specifically. Rabid's problem was that he signed a guy to be a Road Agent, so his push was set to Road Agent like it should've been. But then that worker complained about being a road agent. One would've thought that he'd have complained about that BEFORE signing the contract, considering he knew exactly what his push was going to be... But the Push option on the contract screen seems to be entirely for the user's benefit, and the worker ignores it.

I've noticed that happening in my game. I've hired in some of the BSC girls for managerial/valet type roles. They have high grades in entertainment so they fit. I let them know about it in the negoations and right after they've been on the roster a day or so in that job as a manager or personality they complain about being wanting to be openers....a bit of annoyance since I don't really want them wrestling. So I put them in a 2 min. dark match to keep them quiet.

[QUOTE=cainekass;176568]I've noticed that happening in my game. I've hired in some of the BSC girls for managerial/valet type roles. They have high grades in entertainment so they fit. I let them know about it in the negoations and right after they've been on the roster a day or so in that job as a manager or personality they complain about being wanting to be openers....a bit of annoyance since I don't really want them wrestling. So I put them in a 2 min. dark match to keep them quiet.[/QUOTE] cainekass, your problem's similar to Rabid's. The BSC girls, despite not being worth much in the ring, have their preferred roles set to be wrestlers. Many of them have Manager at 'Sometimes' or 'Rarely' so they're not going to want to be in that role most of the time. But I agree that BSC is probably the best place to look for managers since many of their workers have good entertainment skills AND they work a helluva lot cheaper than the full-time managers. You just have to do what you did and put them in matches during the pre-show.

What I've noticed is that it doesn't really matter what somebody's being pushed as for the most part. Example: if I'm playing as MAW and I want to exploit Rip Chord's overness and mic skills, I'll change his push from Road Agent during booking so I can use him in an angle. Then I switch him right back. If I need a Road Agent (say if Rip dies), I just assign one of my wrestlers with high Respect and Psychology in the match booking screen. If Joanne Rodriguez wants to be an opener but I want her to be a t-shirt girl, I book her in t-shirt angles and she's satisfied enough with the in-ring time. The only real role I see pushes having is determining how much a worker wants to be in the ring. If you hire Corporal Doom and he's a semi-active wrestler, then yeah, you can expect him to want in-ring time. Make him job, something. I guess I just don't see what the big problem is.

[QUOTE=Thomnipotent;176589]What I've noticed is that it doesn't really matter what somebody's being pushed as for the most part. Example: if I'm playing as MAW and I want to exploit Rip Chord's overness and mic skills, I'll change his push from Road Agent during booking so I can use him in an angle. Then I switch him right back. If I need a Road Agent (say if Rip dies), I just assign one of my wrestlers with high Respect and Psychology in the match booking screen. If Joanne Rodriguez wants to be an opener but I want her to be a t-shirt girl, I book her in t-shirt angles and she's satisfied enough with the in-ring time. The only real role I see pushes having is determining how much a worker wants to be in the ring. If you hire Corporal Doom and he's a semi-active wrestler, then yeah, you can expect him to want in-ring time. Make him job, something. I guess I just don't see what the big problem is.[/QUOTE] It sounds mostly like people wanting their performers to fit in neat little boxes. In my game I have Buttercup officially pushed as a road agent, but I use her as my color commentator as well. She does mention that she'd love to be a manager though. (how that would work for an all female roster I haven't figured out, my only males are the user character, the announcer, and one of my 2 referees.) The female ref also keeps wanting to be a "personality", I just change them back if I do auto pushes, and the ladies seem happy with the fact that they appear in every show. I do know that wrestling pushes are mostly so the wrestlers know how much they will appear in matches. With Main Eventers expecting to be in nearly every show working down to Openers who are happy to be in a show every few months.

[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;175695]Dog Fyte = Biggest Ego in the world...the guy has no talent no popularity yet he thinks he should beat my champ Hell Monkey (Non title match) and he is pushed as a midcard yet he thinks he should main event.....well he did before i fired his egotistical....butt.[/QUOTE] Dog Fyte might be a bit of an ass but he is a very fine worker really. While he is no Hell Monkey, he is still a great brawler.

Archived