"Workers Don't Seem To Click" message

I know this message was in 2005, but is it just me or does it come up a lot more in 2007? I know it's realistic to have both kinds of chemistry (good and bad), but almost all of my workers on my roster "don't click"... Seems to have gone a little overboard this time around, or maybe I'm just unlucky with my game.

I wish there was a way to edit that chemistry in-game. I've played two games since the release of 2007 (once before the official release and once since) and I FINALLY just now got a version where Lita and Trish don't have problems working together. In every 2005 game I played (and the first 2007 one) I always got the message that they didn't click. I'm hoping when I re-start the game with the new patch that they'll still work well enough together.

[QUOTE=Zombieboy;176252]I know this message was in 2005, but is it just me or does it come up a lot more in 2007? I know it's realistic to have both kinds of chemistry (good and bad), but almost all of my workers on my roster "don't click"... Seems to have gone a little overboard this time around, or maybe I'm just unlucky with my game.[/QUOTE] Its a bit random. I played a few months earlier to test and didn't have much trouble. Running my dynasty I've had more problems with pairings than I expected. You can try to avoid it by being careful about who to pair. Try to make sure you pair brawlers with brawlers, technicans with technicans and so forth until you have an idea who can handle what style. And if it does come up, don't despair. High consistency, psychology and basics can overcome this to a point and at least put on a halfway decent match. You just won't be getting the best scores possible.

[QUOTE=Zombieboy;176262]Is there a way to edit this in the game editor? I really hate "cheating" ,but it's gotten really ridiculous at this point...[/QUOTE] No, because of the destiny stat. Read [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133131&postcount=2"]this[/URL] for more info on it. And mvargus, worker styles have absolutely nothing to do with it. Worker chemistry is random and different for every game, regardless of the workers involved. It's the destiny value at work. Although you're right in that highly skilled workers can often overcome bad chemistry.

I haven't had many matches where the workers didn't have good chemistry. The times that I've had problems with it were workers that I didn't expect to have good chemistry anyway. If I booked worker A who is a heavyweight brawler with no ariel skills against worker B who is a cruiserweight with no brawling skills but great in ariel skills then I usually get a message that they didn't have good chemistry. Of course I kind of expected that anyway. I tend to book brawlers against brawlers, technicians against technicians and high fliers against high fliers. I haven't felt it more random then 05 but I'll post if that changes. So far this issue has been real to me. Try booking workers that have simular stats, styles and sometimes size. It seems to work that way for me. Also if your running house shows you can tell 2 workers to work on thier chemistry together at house shows. I love this new feature because thats what wrestlers do anyway. If you have 2 guys that don't have chemistry then put them wrestling each other in house shows and the chemistry will go up.

I've always had chemistry be totally randon. And I prefer it this way, makes me work to find the good pairings. And if the workers are good enough, bad chemistry really isn't that bad a message. Zimmy Bumfhole and Acid have bad chemistry for me, but still have B- matches, which for a C popularity fed is rather good.

[QUOTE=fusionfreak;176316]If you have 2 guys that don't have chemistry then put them wrestling each other in house shows and the chemistry will go up.[/QUOTE] No it will not. Chemistry does not change except from game to game. I thought that at one time and Adam himself dispelled that myth. It's all tied to the destiny value. In one game, two workers may have great chemistry and in another, the same two workers won't be able to avoid tripping over each others' feet. Lita Maivia's example illustrates that and I've seen it occur myself both in 05 and 07. I had thought that pre-formed tag teams (that is, tag teams formed at the database level, like the Lords of War and Sensational Thunder) were exempt from the destiny value determining their chemistry (by just skipping them and giving them neutral chemistry) but again, [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19782"]Adam himself dispelled that belief[/URL]. House show booking is mainly to allow you to suss out chemistry BEFORE you put them on your show (and potentially destroy your show's rating). That's about it. In 05, I used dark time to do the same thing but now I don't have to (if I'm willing to wait up to 16 days for an answer). You can continually put two workers to be monitored at house shows for 15 years and it's not going to get you a different result (unless you change the 'as' qualifier. Two workers who suck as a tag team can be magic as opponents).

My bad. I thought that you could get workers to improve their chemistry with each other with house shows. It sure would be an awesome feature though since thats the main idea for house shows anyway. I've never had problems with chemistry though. As for the game though I think there should be some way of improving chemistry between workers. If I was to book Batista vs RVD I would want them to work atleast 1 month at house shows before I put it on PPV. Those 2 guys have 2 different styles and I would think they'd have to work it out a bit before putting on a good match. Game wise, if I booked Batista vs RVD for the 1st time ever and they had a great match I would feel kind of cheated challenge wise. Then I would just have to pretend that they got lucky or something. Really though, even great workers rehearse matches before they step into the ring live on tv or ppv. Anyway, I've never had problems with chemistry. If its just a random thing though, I'm not sure if I'm really crazy about that or not. It would suck to start a real world game and find out that Angle and Benoit have terrible chemistry together.

It can be frustrating, particularly if you had a great feud in mind for two workers, but it also adds to the challenge of the game. If every game you ran had the same chemistry levels set for everyone then you could always gurantee a decent matchup between certain workers, plus you'd end up signing the same ones over and over again for that very reason.

Hoho. I've had about 10 good chemisty between wrestlers, + I've found three good tagteam pairing chemistry, + 3 wrestler & manager chemistry. I have about 4 wrestlers who don't click each other, and Antonio doensn't click with Karen Killer nor Sue Danes. I guess I've been lucky. Most of my good chemistries is between my uppercard; Mainstream vs. Steven Parker, The Mean Machine vs. Hell Monkey, The Mean Machine vs. Robert Oxford, Hell Monkey vs. Steve Flash :) Just got an "A" rated match with Regional MAW, 30 min. Iron man match between The Mean Machine and Hell Monkey for my 100% prestige world title :P

Finisher- You are a lucky guy I must admit. I havent had any good chemistry notes yet. I am only 3 weeks in but I have 2 bad chemistry notes. FusionFreak- House shows are to work on timing I always thought and get used to each others styles. Those aren't chemistry per say. Two workers can work together for years and not have chemistry together.

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;176435]FusionFreak- House shows are to work on timing I always thought and get used to each others styles. Those aren't chemistry per say. Two workers can work together for years and not have chemistry together.[/QUOTE] It's a rehearsal, 2 workers get to work on everything. It might be chemistry (such as getting aquainted with each others styles), it might be timing, maybe rehearshing the outline of the match. During house shows they work on making the match the best it can be before going on tv with it. The tv show Dancing With The Stars is a great behind the sceens example of what a rehearsal is. Actor George Hamilton working with a pro dancer and having to learn moves, timing and have good chemistry with his partner (or as good as possible considering he doesn't know much about dancing). Remember how great Triple H vs Batista was but how horrible JBL vs Batista was. No matter how you feel about Triple H, he has good chemistry with anybody. I'm not a Triple H fan myself but I've not seen a bad match with him, atleast if it was it wasn't his fault. It's like with music. I'm a musician. It's what I do for a living. I'm mainly into fusion/jazz stuff. However, I love all styles of music so I know how to fit into any situation. I can play hard rock one night and then the next night I'm playing for a wedding. I have instant chemistry with musicians of any style because I know all styles. Lars Ulrich of Metalica has awesome chemistry with hard rock and metal bands, he would be lost playing in a wedding gig or playing for Shakira. In wrestling Angle and Benoit have wonderful chemistry. They are both great technicians and can probably put on a great match right now with NO rehearsal. Anyway, maybe in the next game there should be a stat that says how much a worker understands other styles and other attributes of other workers instead of just being a random thing. Then again, I haven't had major problems with getting my workers to have good chemistry. If I book 10 matches, I get between 1 to 3 notes that say "worker A and B have great chemistry and it showed" and its always with workes that I suspected would have great chemistry. So I'm not really complaining about chemistry, I'm just saying that maybe there should be a different system for determening how chemistry plays out.

Archived