how do you execute a talent trade?

You need a working agreement with another federation. Once you have that, go to "Business" in that fed's profile, and the Talent Trade option is there. You can pick one of their workers and offer one of yours in exchange - for example, I just traded Raphael for American Elemental in my game for three appearances.

I just ran a talent trade and found that the incoming worker had creative control--she wasn't particularly interested in jobbing, which was of course why I wanted to bring her over in the first place. Does every talent trade get creative control while they're on loan? Or did I just foolishly pick someone who had a creative control agreement with the company I took them from?

I have found if the person you are having them job to is either at a lower recommended push level (or possibly popularity level) they wil not job. Ie if the traded talent is recommended main event push and you want them to job to an upper mid push(as recommended by AI) they refuse. So Far I haven't had any issues for Main Event to Main Event matches in where the talent refuses to job.

In my case it [U]was[/U] Main Event vs. Main Event, but the incoming talent had higher popularity, and wouldn't job. I wonder if things would have gone differently if I'd assigned the incoming talent a Midcarder (or lower?) push despite the AI's Main Event recommendation.

I think it is based on popularity. I borught in Mainstream Hernandez after he left me and signed with someone else. He was D+,C- pop in US. He wouldn't job to Steven Parker who was only E+ in usa even though he was D+ locally, But he would job to Des Davids who was D+ in USA.

[QUOTE=edenborn;176733]I just ran a talent trade and found that the incoming worker had creative control--she wasn't particularly interested in jobbing, which was of course why I wanted to bring her over in the first place. Does every talent trade get creative control while they're on loan? Or did I just foolishly pick someone who had a creative control agreement with the company I took them from?[/QUOTE] I think the limited creative control is in the AI so you can't bring in Tommy Cornell to job to your local fed opener or similiar scenarios. Since pushes vary based on fed size , i.e your Main eventer is TCW enhancement talent, I think it is probably based on relative popularity levels on what the AI will consider OK or beneath the traded talent. Haven't tested this extensively, but knowing what a stat whore REM is :p , I am sure he will test this out.

Archived