Women's Wrestling 2 Years into the Game

2 full years have passed in the games. Lots of interesting things have happened. An overwhelming 8 promotions have gone out of business... one went bankrupt yet it is still in business. One of the promotions out of business is the 5SW. Leaving a dozen or so women's wrestlers out of work in Japan. There is however no one to pick them up. AAA has their hands full... full of the exact same roster they started with! There are only two new workers in the promotion, one of which is Sam Strong's daughter. Meanwhile my promotion of BSC, I have ran it for two years on the Internet virtually. We have raised greatly in popularity everywhere. I see the glass ceiling coming VERY soon. My hands are tied to change the product, which I suppose I am fine with, but once we reach a certain level, we are stuck. I have kept everyone's momenum strong, like Jen and Katy Neptune along with Dharma's. However NO ONE seems to be getting any momentum at all. The gimmicks are absolutely bombing. Even people with babyface A* and wholesome A* gimmicks I give them. They score D ratings when they are pushed as faces and have gimmicks that aren't getting old or stale. I impressed myself by getting Nadia Snow up to a D- popularity and D+ momentum. Other than that no one gets beyond E+ popularity and E+ momentum. Women's wrestling is set up to fail in a matter of years, the only think keeping BSC and AAA alive right now is the "boom" of a B+ period. In my TEW 2005 game, it went for 20 years, and the women's promotions survived. They never grew, nor did they fail. These will fail when the boom ends.

It sounds like you are watching momentum too closely and not worrying as much about the show. Honestly, BSC would be a fun promotion to play with, but with their show style it would be extremely difficult to build them into a major promotion. They are effectively a Women's T&A promotion from TEW '05. You'll have a small core of extremely loyal fans, but since the product is about looks and tease and not much wrestling, you won't get very far. AAA is a good promotion and with a steady hand can grow to national or larger size. They shouldn't need a huge turnover in their roster to do that either. In fact the only wrestlers I can see them going after would be Sensational Ogiwara, Thunder Hike and Amy Strong. The unemployed women wrestlers in the US at the start of the game are rather weak, and the AI tends to only bring in talent for midcard and up. Even with the new features there isn't a lot of development. 5SSW seems to die in everyones game. they aren't a financial powerhouse, but have some huge contracts to cover and with the new rules on affluence Japan isn't the best place to have a financially struggling promotion. There just isn't enough reserve in 5SSW's coffers for an economic or wrestling downturn. However, I'm running an indy women's promotion for a dynasty, and its going strong. I don't even have anyone as popular as you have gotten Nadia, but I'm increasing in popularity and audience and I expect I can grow for 2-3 more years easily. Right now my biggest worry is what happens if I get someone big and AAA does come looking to sign them.

I started a game with AAA to test out my various mods and I'm only 2 months in now but I'm doing fine. Plus, I'm watching that rainbow over the horizon (Olivia McFly debuts in a few years. If you thought Alicia Strong was good.....omg). The problem, as I see it, is that the women's scene pretty much dries up for several years. Alicia Strong debuts in 07 and then there's not another high quality women's worker set to debut until 2012 or something (Sae Akutagawa). Meanwhile, the men get a wide range of styles at all levels of skill. I'm not saying this is the only reason or that it's unfair (there are, after all, only 3 full time women's promotions and only 2 actually require in-ring skill) but I think there needs to be some turnover in the women's promotions' rosters to at least simulate some kind of competition. 5SSW, when run by the AI, is bound to go bankrupt. You can't carry a touring schedule with the kind of overhead they have and expect to make ends meet. $18,000 a month tied up in 3 workers means that every month they're not touring, they're sucking down a loss. I dunno. I just checked 5SSW in my AAA game and they're running at a continuous loss (I MADE $2,800 from my last show). I think they're in a catch-22 situation. When they're touring, they're burning money but when they're not touring, they're still burning money. As mvargus stated, they're not financially prepared for a downturn in the industry or economy.

[QUOTE=Remianen;177325]The problem, as I see it, is that the women's scene pretty much dries up for several years. Alicia Strong debuts in 07 and then there's not another high quality women's worker set to debut until 2012 or something.[/QUOTE] I don't think the game is really designed to be played with no randomly generated workers. Even though the default is off. Think about it, if only 100 workers debuted in the next eighteen years (2025 is the latest pre-set debut date I've seen, for Tommy Jr.), how screwed would wrestling be? Five and a half new workers a year on average, and not even that since most of them seem to debut in chunks. When you consider how many people will be retiring each year, that spells trouble. I think Adam just intended the New Workers to be specific workers who definately will debut at some point. In addition to random ones. I could be wrong of course. I set the random workers to Low anyway though.

[QUOTE=Remianen;177325]5SSW, when run by the AI, is bound to go bankrupt. [/QUOTE] I have done some minor changes to the game for 1.2, which makes it easier on the touring promotions financially. I haven't tested it long-term yet, but prior to the changes 5SSW went from 220,000 to 190,000 after the first month, whereas after the change they went up by 2,000.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;177365]I don't think the game is really designed to be played with no randomly generated workers. Even though the default is off.[/QUOTE] Yeah but even so, the AI spits out workers according to what the game world needs at that particular time. Many women's workers go unsigned, whether because the AI promotions are conservative or because they suck. :p So the game world balancer isn't going to look at 20 unemployed women's wrestlers and say, "Hey, we need a few more of these", I don't think. And I always have New Worker Generation at high, just for the chance (however slim) that someone really good gets spit out. You're probably right about the intent for the New Worker file (it makes sense to me). That's why I've been expanding it. Easier to guarantee a steady flow of mid to high end talent that way. By the time Sae Akutagawa debuts in 2012, assuming no particularly good workers are randomly generated over that time period, the three top workers in the world could be headed into retirement (Sensational Ogiwara is 35, Thunder Hike is 34, Crusher Ichihara is 39) with even the second wave getting kinda long in the tooth (Catherine Quine, Kiko Sakakibara, Kit Hatoyama, Victoria Stone). Glad to hear about the tweak though.

Archived