MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, November 2013[/I] Held at Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory 5,000 in attendance – SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Emma Chase and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) In a video shot earlier in the day, Nemesis was waiting at the arena entrance. He smiled broadly as Eddie Peak came in the door. Nemesis thanked Eddie for what he did to Ernest Youngman this past Sunday and asked if Eddie would mind doing him one more favor. Eddie smiled and said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“For you, anything.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) Jay Chord was in the ring and he hyped himself as the Grand Champion. He pointed out that Greg Gauge hadn’t been able to stop him. Jay said he was going to hold the Grand Championship for a long, long time. But then Nemesis came out and said that might not actually be true. The reason? He’s booked Jay Chord in a title defense against Eddie Peak for tonight’s main event! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the hype; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the match making 3) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] I pointed out that both men had something to prove tonight after their losses at “Field of Honor.” And they put on a good show together. In the end, though, Chance Fortune came away the victor after a Stroke of Luck. WINNER: [B]Chance Fortune [/B]in 7:59 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) Junior stormed through the backstage area and finally found Matthew Gauge. She demanded that Matt get out to the ring so they can finish what was started on Sunday. Matt smiled and said he’d love to but the docs can’t clear him to wrestle for another week. Apparently Junior did quite a number to him by driving him through the table. He said she’d just have to wait ... and she only had herself to blame for that. Junior didn’t like hearing that and stormed away. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the response 5) Serene Jean Cattley was backstage when he encountered Thomas Morgan. He said that it wasn’t cool what Thomas did to him in front of his hometown crowd. Thomas countered that it was just what Jean deserved. The two of them argued back and forth until Thomas challenged Jean to get into the ring with him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Wanda Fish appeared with the new Rising Star, Cameron Vessey. She hyped him up, saying he was the next big thing. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOSH JONES vs. ALICIA STRONG[/B] Emma wondered if Josh was feeling a bit down after losing his title to Cameron. Josh did seem a bit hungrier than usual, finally taking Alicia down with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 6:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) Junior looked absolutely beside herself and about ready to explode. That’s when Mainstream found her and gave her a dozen roses. She softened a bit. Mainstream asked her what was wrong and she told him that Matt was hiding behind an injury and wouldn’t face her. Mainstream tried to get her to settle down. He finally suggested that they leave. Neither was booked in a match tonight. He suggested they go find someplace quiet and just hang out. She smiled and said that sounded wonderful. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) A video played, showing fans the attack on Jean Cattley at “Field of Honor.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] Pretty good match out of these two. Thomas seemed particularly intent on hurting Jean and didn’t care who knew it. Jean, on the other hand, seemed just as intent not to lose. In the end, Thomas managed to get Jean down on the mat and forced him to tap out with a Camel Clutch. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]in 8:26 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) The camera cut to the roof of the arena. Mainstream and Junior were seated on a blanket, looking up at the stars, and they were talking mushy to each other. Mainstream decided to share a secret from when he was younger, namely the fact that he really enjoyed Twinkie and hot dog sandwiches. Junior acted thoroughly shocked. Mainstream then suggested that Junior share a secret with him. She hesitated. Mainstream pressed her a bit, saying that she didn’t have to worry about him sharing it with anyone. Junior finally sighed and whispered something in Jay’s ear. Jay’s jaw dropped open. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That mean’s you’re...”[/COLOR] She nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And he’s....”[/COLOR] She nodded again. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Why wouldn’t you tell anyone? That’s huge!”[/COLOR] She shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It’s nobody’s business but my own. Now remember, you can’t say a word about this.”[/COLOR] Mainstream agreed, but you could tell that he really wanted to share whatever it was. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) [B]THE CALAMARI KID vs. CAMERON VESSEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Not a bad match and, I have to admit, I was a little worried. The Kid really looked great in the match but Cameron was the one who eventually took control at the prompting of Wanda Fish. In the end, the Kid went down from a Vessey Driver. WINNER: [B]Cameron Vessey [/B]in 8:30 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) Joey Beauchamp came out to the ring and mocked Davis Wayne Newton. He said it wasn’t surprising that Davis lost. He said that Davis’s wasn’t a Triple Threat anymore, he was a Triple Joke. He went on in that vein of thought for a while. Eventually Davis heard too much. He charged out to the ring, only to get intercepted by Joey Poison, who attacked him and left him down and out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the mockery and the trap 14) [B]JAY CHORD (c) vs. EDDIE PEAK [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Holy cow. I guess I should have seen this coming, given how over both men are, but it was still a pleasant surprise. These two put on a spectacular match. The crowd actually seemed split between the two men. Some were solidly behind Jay, others rooted for Eddie. Lots of near falls, lots of times where one man almost hit his finisher but then his opponent slipped out. But in the end, Jay dropped Eddie to the mat with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 12:44 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 15) Jay Chord celebrated his win when Nemesis came out with a sickening smile on his face. He congratulated Jay on his win, and said that was a good way for him to go out as champion. Jay (and the audience and the announcers) seemed rather confused. Nemesis said that effective immediately, he was stripping Jay of the MWA Grand Championship. He ordered Jay to bring him the belt and hand it over. Jay went berserk and threw a little tantrum over that, but then sighed and did as he was told (after Nemesis threatened to suspend him). Jay stalked up the ramp and handed the belt over to Nemesis. The last thing we saw as the show ended was Nemesis smiling with the belt tucked under his arm. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]THE AFTERMATH[/B] Good show. This was Eddie’s last appearance with us; he was on loan from NOTBPW. We got a rating of 7.67. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Chance Fortune defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Thomas Morgan defeated Serene Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Cameron Vessey (c) defeated the Calamari Kid to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord (c) defeated Eddie Peak to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 1, December 2013[/I] Held at the Missouri State Armoury in the Mid West Territory 5,000 in attendance – SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Emma Chase and I welcomed the audience to the inaugural episode of “Blade’s Edge.” I would have pointed all the workers that you could only see on MWA programming, but something told me I’d get an angry call from Amy if I did. 1) Nemesis came out to the ring with a velvet bag tucked under his arm. He welcomed everyone to his new show. He said he was looking forward to showing everyone what the Midwest Wrestling Association could do. But he said that he knew the established fans were probably still talking about what he did at the end of last week’s Firestorm. Why would he strip Jay Chord of his Grand Championship? What could Jay have possibly done to deserve it? Nemesis smiled and said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Nothing. That’s right. Jay did not do anything wrong. This should not be seen as a punishment of any sort. “So why did I do it? I was thinking. The MWA recently grew bigger. We now have a show here on GNN Total Sports, which reaches all through Canada and part of Mexico. We’re reaching out to the world to show ‘em what we got. “And I got to thinking. When the MWA was founded, we called our championship the ‘Grand’ championship because we weren’t a force to be reckoned with on the world scene. Well, I think we are now. “Not only that, with a new show, we’ve got something of a fresh start and I figured it was time for a fresh start with the championship. “That’s why the MWA Grand Championship has been renamed the MWA World Heavyweight Championship.”[/COLOR] He pulled the belt out of the velvet bag to reveal .... well, pretty much the same belt. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What, you thought I had this completely redesigned? Do you know how expensive championship belts are? “So how are we going to determine who holds the MWA World Heavyweight Championship? In three weeks, we’re going to have ‘MWA Dangerous Days.’ At that event, we will hold a battle royal to determine who gets this belt. This will be by invitation only. And I’m the one with all the invitations. You want a shot at this belt? You gotta get there through me. “Thank you all for coming out and enjoy the show.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE vs. JOEY POISON[/B] I explained that this was apparently the first “qualifying” match for the big battle royal. Whoever won would be in a good position to get one of those invitations. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like Joey will be it. The injury he was working through took a toll. He seemed a bit dead on his feet, which explains why Chance Fortune took Joey out so quickly. WINNER: [B]Chance Fortune [/B]in 5:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) Matthew Gauge was backstage when he rounded a corner and bumped into Vengeance. Vengeance kept getting in his way, prompting Matt to ask if he wanted something. Vengeance nodded and pointed out towards the ring. Matt laughed and said he’d meet him out there. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Nemesis was seated in his office, congratulating himself on being such a genius. The camera pulled out to reveal that Ernest Youngman was spit-shining the boss’s shoes. That’s when Jay Chord burst into the office. He angrily yelled at Nemesis that he had crossed the line. He had no right to strip him of the title and that he would file a formal complain with the booking committee. Nemesis laughed it off and held out some paperwork, saying that the booking committee signed off on what Nemesis did. Jay looked it over and then snatched the papers away and tore them up. Nemesis’s face darkened. He said that Jay had better watch himself because he was dangerously close to getting his ass handed to him. Jay dared Nemesis to lay a finger on him. Nemesis backed down a little and said that he wouldn’t. He’d leave that to Ernest. He booked Ernest and Jay in a match for later tonight. Ernest did not look happy about that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the confrontation and the match-making 5) Sam Keith was in the ring. He pointed out that he came out triumphant with the MWA Regional Championship. He taunted Des Davids, saying that the teachings of [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato [/I]had been affirmed in his victory and that Des may as well slink off in shame and regret. That’s when Des came out to the ring. He demanded a rematch. Sam granted him one, but then revealed it would have to be tomorrow night on Firestorm. The crowd wasn’t happy about that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the taunting; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the challenge 6) [B]THE UNNAMED WONDERS vs. AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] A really great non-title match. The Bikers seemed pretty confident coming out to the ring. They laughed at the Kid and Steven Parker. They stopped laughing after the match got started. Parker and the Kid really stepped up their game and kept the champs on edge for most of the match. In the end, much to everyone’s surprise, Steven Parker caught Lead Belly with a Future Shock. WINNERS: [B]The Unnamed Wonders [/B]in 8:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) Greg Gauge found Jay Chord backstage and started to mock him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Where’s your righteous fury now, Chord? You see how your strength has deserted you? You dared to trifle with rage and it has betrayed you.”[/COLOR] Jay finally heard enough and slammed Greg into a wall. He looked about ready to rip his head off, but then let him go and stalked away. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) We saw footage of Mainstream Hernandez and Junior on a date at a local restaurant. They looked quite happy and Mainstream surprised Junior with a diamond pendant. She was shocked and lavished him with kisses. Mainstream looked to be about in heaven. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) [B]VENGEANCE vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] Here was a pleasant surprise. Matt and Vengeance have great chemistry together. Matt seemed particularly focused and I speculated that it might be because of what we just saw. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You think maybe he’s jealous?” [/COLOR]Emma thought that idea was hilarious, saying that Mainstream Hernandez inspired pity, not jealousy. Whatever the case, Vengeance tried to take Matt down hard but couldn’t. In the end, Matt got him to tap out with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge [/B]in 7:40 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 10) Matt wasn’t done yet. He got some camera cable and wrapped it around Vengeance’s throat and then reapplied the Lock, choking Vengeance out. Both refs had to come out and order him off of Vengeance, who then had to be taken out on a stretcher. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 11) Thomas Morgan appeared on screen and mocked Serene Jean Cattley in a very unhinged sort of way. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] I think the show’s momentum really carried this one. Remmy and Izaak don’t click in the ring but the crowd was so hot, they didn’t seem to care. Izaak got more and more frustrated as the match went on and he couldn’t get Remmy to even break so much as a smile. In the end, the Ice Man took Izaak down with a Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 7:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 13) Remmy let the ref raise his hand in victory but then he was attacked from behind by the Joeys, who beat him down pretty badly. But then Davis Wayne Newton charged out of the back. He went after both Joeys but managed to catch Joey Poison. He stomped him pretty badly and then hit a suplex that seemed to knock Joey out. Davis got on the mic and dared Joey to face him in a match. Joey agreed, but like Same before him, put off the match until Firestorm. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for Davis’s save and the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the response 14) [B]JAY CHORD vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] Jay looked very intense. Ernest, not so much. He looked positively sick, as if he wanted to be anywhere but in the ring with a very angry Jay Chord. There were several moments in the early going where Ernest looked about ready to, well ... not beg off exactly but where he tried to get Jay to calm down. Those efforts didn’t help. If anything, they only seemed enrage Jay more. Ernest took quite the beating in the opening minutes of the match. Then something in Ernest seemed to click. He shoved Jay away and got into his face and then the match really picked up. Ernest fought back hard and, much to everyone’s surprise, he took Jay down with a Swinging Neckbreaker. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 8:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 15) The match was over and Ernest seemed to regain control. He looked at Jay, who glared at him from the mat. Ernest tried to help him up but Jay knocked his hand away. Jay then stormed out of the ring, leaving a very despondent looking Ernest. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not bad for our first episode. We got a rating of 27.55, easily the best rating we’ve ever gotten period. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the first episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Chance Fortune defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]The Unnamed Wonders defeated Agony’s Bikers [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Matthew Gauge defeated Vengeance [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Remmy Skye defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]Major Shocker[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Wednesday of Week 1, December 2013 [/I][/B] I could hardly believe my eyes. I had been waiting for Wanda to pull around with the car so we could get going to the airport. The entire roster had to board a plane and get to Kansas for Firestorm the next night. It was something of a break-neck schedule but one I figured our roster could handle. While I waited, I noticed a computer in the hotel lobby. I decided to hop onto the ProWrestlingHits.com website to see what the forums were saying about our debut episode of Blade’s Edge. What I found on their main page took me aback. [QUOTE][B][SIZE="3"]MWA Sued![/SIZE][/B] ProWrestlingHits has recently learned that the Midwest Wrestling Association has indeed been served with a lawsuit by the SWF, AAA, CZCW, DaVE, NYCW, and USPW as columnist Dave Wynn reported just a few weeks ago. The notable exception, MAW, apparently withdrew their name from the suit recently for reasons unknown. According to court documents that we have obtained, this coalition of promotions is taking the MWA to court for restraint of trade, alleging that the MWA maliciously gutted their rosters by offering the talent the organizations shared written contracts. This couldn’t come at a worse time for the MWA, especially given the fact that in the eyes of many, they’ve arrived on the international scene after tonight’s premiere episode of Blade’s Edge....[/QUOTE] Wait... International? I kept reading, my breathing suddenly ragged. Apparently the episode played well in Mexico and Canada. We had slowly been inching up in terms of popularity in those regions but the show put many solidly in our camp. I could hardly believe it. We had just hit national. Now we were considered international? What the heck was I going to do? By my reckoning, I had to find at least half a dozen new workers to round out the roster, probably more. While I had drained the smaller promotions of their talent, there were still a few I would want to bring aboard. I quickly got out my cell phone and started dialing. Amy answered the phone on the second ring but was clearly not happy to be disturbed in the middle of the night. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Look, Amy, you remember what you told me about hiring new workers? Well, I’ve got a small problem!”[/COLOR] She listened to what I had to say. She was quiet for a while. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You really want to steal some more of their workers?” “Only one or two.”[/COLOR] She sighed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Mr. Otte, I would strongly recommend against that. It will only add fuel to the fire at this point...” “True, but if I stop entirely, it’ll make me look guilty, won’t it? If I proceed with business as usual, then it would be my way of saying that I didn’t do anything wrong.”[/COLOR] Silence. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s a valid point. All right. Go ahead. But proceed carefully. The last thing you want to do is antagonize anyone. So what I said about not mentioning the plaintiffs still stand, got it?”[/COLOR] I nodded. I turned when Wanda honked the horn. A smile split my face. Something told me we’d have a lot to talk about on the flight.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on The Pop! Network; Replayed on TV-Mex[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 1, December 2013[/I] Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid South Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Emma Chase and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. SAM KEITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Things started off with some explosive action from the Regional Champ and Des. Des really stood out as being the star of the match. He wouldn’t back down from Sam at all. But it didn’t prove to be enough. Sam once again seemed to grow stronger as the match went on and finally ended with Sam taking Des down with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 11:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) Sam got the mic and taunted the groaning Des, saying that he was a fool to keep coming after Sam in this way. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) Matthew Gauge arrived at the arena looking pretty smug. Nemesis found him and lit into him for attacking Vengeance the way he did. He said that Matt had to learn some respect. Matt got in Nemesis’s face and asked if he was going to be the teacher. Nemesis smiled back and said that no, it would be Junior ... tonight. Matt hesitated for a moment and then smiled even wider. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Perfect.”[/COLOR] Nemesis turned around to walk away when he found himself with Jay Chord. Nemesis smiled once again and asked if Jay had something to say. Jay ground his teeth together and then forced out the words. He wanted an invitation to be in the battle royal. Would Nemesis please give him one? Nemesis thought about and said no, not yet. If Jay wanted an invite, he had to wrestle for it. Nemesis said he’d put him in a qualifying match. If he won, he’d get the invite. If not, forget it. Jay wasn’t happy but he walked away anyway. Nemesis tried to keep going when he was intercepted by Jenny Playmate and Josh Jones. Jenny asked Nemesis for an invitation for Josh as well. Nemesis stared at Josh for a moment and then burst out laughing. He thanked Jenny for the laugh, saying he needed it. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the match making; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for Jay’s request; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for Josh’s 4) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Great match. Really top notch. Both of these men shone in the match. But it was Davis who picked up the win by getting Joey to submit with an STF. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 10:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 5) Ernest Youngman was walking backstage with a tray filled with coffee. He rounded a corner and found himself face to face with Liberty. Liberty was not happy with what Ernest did last week to Jay. When Ernest tried to walk around Liberty, the vet kept in his path. Finally Liberty knocked the tray out of Ernest’s hands. Ernest then got in Liberty’s face. He said that he was only doing what he had to do and that he wasn’t any happier about it either. He then suggested darkly that if Liberty wanted to step into the ring later, maybe they could work out their differences there. Liberty said he’d be glad to. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 6) Backstage Mainstream Hernandez tried to get Junior to calm down but it wasn’t easy. It was easy to tell that she was ready to rip Matt apart in the ring. She finally told Mainstream to calm down, that she knew what she was doing. She then kissed him roughly and headed out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) [B]JUNIOR vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] A pretty good match. Matt seemed content to egg Junior on, harassing her and mocking her through the opening minutes of the bout. That turned out to be a bad idea. She snapped and started wailing on him. He managed to blunt her offense and even snuck in a pinfall, but he couldn’t keep her down. Just as it looked like she was going to tear him apart, Matt rolled out of the ring and retreated up the ramp, laughing at her frustration as referee Shane Stones restrained her. WINNER: [B]Junior by count-out[/B] in 10:50 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) Serene Jean Cattley came out to the ring and said that what Thomas had been saying about him wasn’t cool. He suggested that if Thomas had a problem with him, they should work it out in the ring. Thomas came out and said that he would love to do just that next week on Firestorm. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response 9) [B]LIBERTY vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] A pretty good match. Liberty seemed out to teach Ernest some respect. Ernest didn’t seem to think he needed any such lesson. The two of them brawled for a while before Ernest almost ripped off Liberty’s head with a swinging neckbreaker. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 9:36 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Wanda Fish appeared on screen for a brief moment or two to hype up the fact that the MWA’s star was rising quickly. She likened it to that of her client, Cameron Vessey. She said Cameron was ready to ride the MWA to superstardom. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 11) [B]JAY CHORD vs. LEAD BELLY[/B] Jay was focused and determined, so much so that it gave Lead Belly pause. Jay took full advantage of that and really took the fight to his opponent, nearly getting a pinfall within the first thirty seconds. But Lead Belly recovered and put up a decent fight. Both men wound up with nearfalls but Jay always seemed a bit ahead on points. It was obvious that he was on the path to win. That’s when Ronnie V. Pain charged out to ringside, a chain wrapped around his fist. Referee Jez McArthuer spotted him coming and ordered him away from the ring. While they argued, Jay managed to hit the Super DDT and made the pin. Jez didn’t noticed because Ronnie had hopped up on the apron and looked ready to enter the ring. That’s when Greg Gauge came in from the opposite side and, using a lead pipe, laid out Jay. He then pulled Lead Belly’s arm over Jay’s chest to finish a pin and then got out of there. Ronnie suddenly wasn’t interested in getting into the ring anymore. He allowed Jez to turn around. The ref seemed a bit surprised by what he saw but finally made the count. WINNER: [B]Lead Belly [/B]in 10:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 12) Greg Gauge retreated up the ramp, mic in hand. He asked Jez to please remind Jay that this meant he probably wouldn’t be in the battle royal now. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Nemesis was used too much but it was a great show after our rise to international. We got a rating of 8.15. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Sam Keith (c) defeated Des Davids to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Matthew Gauge by count out [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Liberty [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Lead Belly defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] From ProWrestlingHits.com - [QUOTE][B]Newcomers to MWA[/B] Rumor has it that the MWA is courting a number of new wrestlers to round out their roster after their rise to international status. We have been able to confirm that Dark EAGLE, Danger Kumasaka, and Ed Monton have been brought on board as new road agents to help Devorah Triton and the outgoing Sensational Ogiwara. Referees Eugene Williams and Baby Jamie have also been brought on board. Who the wrestlers are is a bit more problematic to determine. Most of the people we’ve spoken to have been tightlipped, although rumor has it that people have seen a rookie named Bradley Blaze backstage at a recent house show. Apparently they’ve also been looking overseas, as they were snubbed by Emerald Angel recently. Burning EXILE also proved problematic as he was only interested in a short term contract. However this plays out, it should be an interesting time as the MWA tries to expand their storylines and shows to include as many of these workers as possible.[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 2, December 2013[/I] Held at the Lowe Ballroom in the North West Territory 4,843 in attendance[/CENTER] Emma Chase and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) The invitations for the battle royal at “Dangerous Days” are going out. There were three qualifying matches scheduled for tonight: Liberty vs. Steven Parker ([COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR]) Junior vs. Alicia Strong ([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) Izaak Tischler vs. Greg Gauge ([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) 2) Nemesis was backstage, congratulating himself in front of some anonymous workers. He was cut off in mid-boast by Jenny Playmate, who approached him on behalf of Josh Jones. She said that she knew Josh asked for a qualifying match last week and she really hoped Nemesis would reconsider his decision. Nemesis blew her off. Then Des Davids came along. He said he was hoping Nemesis would give him a qualifying match. Nemesis said of course he would. Des was a former champion and deserved to have a shot at being invited to the battle royal. Those two left discussing possible opponents, leaving Jenny to fume a bit. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the first request; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the second 3) [B]LIBERTY vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] Oh, this was just a train wreck. Bad chemistry on display and it made things exceedingly painful. Not even Liberty’s overness could carry them through this. The fans got pretty restless and missed spot after missed spot played out before them. I think I heard Emma utter a sigh of relief as Liberty put Parker down with a Liberation Slam. WINNER: [B]Liberty[/B] in 10:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Junior was walking backstage when she found a note taped to her locker room door. She read it aloud: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I know you have a match tonight, but there’s something more important I want to discuss with you. Please come see me. I’m at Le Café Petite. Please hurry. I want to ask you something about our future. With all my heart, Mainstream.”[/COLOR] Junior’s eyes grew wide and she raced out of the arena. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) [B]JOSH JONES vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] Jenny really seemed to be on Josh’s case in the match. She shrieked at him to take Hugh down fast and hard. Josh didn’t seem too put out by it. And thankfully, these two more than made up for the bad opening. In the end, Hugh’s tricks didn’t help and Josh took him out with a Canadian Back Drop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 9:26 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 6) The time has come for the qualifying match between Alicia and Junior. Alicia came out to the ring and stood there as Junior’s name was announced. Of course, Junior didn’t come out. The ref seemed surprised but then finally gave Junior to the count of ten to show up. When she didn’t, Alicia was declared the winner by default. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] C+[/COLOR] 7) Once again, Jenny Playmate approached Nemesis and basically demanded a qualifying match for Josh Jones. She pointed out he too was a former champ in the MWA and by Nemesis’s logic, that should give him a shot. Nemesis finally thundered at her to keep quiet. If she wanted a match so badly, he’d give her one ... against Ernest Youngman. Jenny seemed pleased by that, but Nemesis corrected her misunderstanding. He was giving her the match, not Josh. When Jenny tried to protest, Nemesis pointed out that in the MWA, she couldn’t hide behind the fact that she was a woman. Tomorrow night on Firestorm, it’d be Jenny Playmate vs. Ernest Youngman. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. CAMERON VESSEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Huh. I’m a little worried how the rest of this show will turn out. Cameron and Primus put on a decent match but the crowd didn’t seem that into it. In the end, Cameron picked up the win with a Vessey Driver. WINNER: [B]Cameron Vessey [/B]in 941 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) Serene Jean Cattley came out to the ring and hyped the match he’ll have against Thomas Morgan tomorrow night. He said that he wasn’t worried about it. Thomas was angry and had to learn to settle down, max and relax, just take a chill pill. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 10) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. BRADLEY BLAZE[/B] Not a bad debut for one of our latest additions to the roster. Bradley held his own out there and put together a decent match with Jean. But in the end, Jean took him down with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Serene Jean Cattley [/B]in 10:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 11) As Jean celebrated his win, Thomas Morgan charged the ring and laid him out with a steel chair. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] Once again, Greg seemed to get stronger as the match wore on and he got angrier. Izaak seemed to be at a loss as to how to deal with that. It looked pretty clear that Greg was going to take Izaak down and win the qualifying match. But then Jay Chord hit the ring and planted Greg in the middle of the ring with a Super DDT. The ref, distracted by Izaak (who was playing possum), didn’t see it. Izaak, however, took full advantage of it and finished Greg off with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 10:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) Jay got into the ring and straddle Greg. He shouted,[COLOR="DarkGreen"] “If I don’t get an invitation, neither do you!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not good. We probably backslid a little with this show. We got a rating of 22.18. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Liberty defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones defeated Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Junior by forfeit[/I] [I]Cameron Vessey (c) defeated Primus Allen to retain[COLOR="Red"] the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Serene Jean Cattley defeated Bradley Blaze [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Greg Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on the Pop! Network; Replayed on TV Mex[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 2, December 2013[/I] Held at the Shakeshaft Auditorium in the Great Lakes Territory 4,944 in attendance[/CENTER] Emma Chase and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic put over the fact that tonight, we’d see Matthew Gauge take on the Calamari Kid in a qualifying match. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] Emma reminded folks that this was Des Davids’s qualifying match. If he won, he was almost guaranteed to get an invitation to the battle royal that will take place in just a week and a half at “Dangerous Days.” It was a great match. Des and Davis really shone in the match and kicked things off with a major bang. You could see the hunger in Des’s eyes as he tried to take down Davis. Davis seemed just as eager for a win thought. In the end, Des got Davis reeling and then went for a spear. At the last second, Davis tripped him up and tied him up in an STF. As Davis tapped out, I asked, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What does that mean? I know Des probably won’t get the invite, but does that mean Davis will?”[/COLOR] WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 9:43 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Sam Keith came out and spent a few moments mocking Des Davids, saying that his wrath was unfocused and unhelpful. That is why he failed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Backstage Junior found Mainstream Hernandez and demanded to know why he wasn’t at Le Café Petite last night. Mainstream asked what she was talking about. She showed him the note. Mainstream said he didn’t write it. It’s not even his handwriting. He wondered aloud who would have written it. Junior knew: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Matt Gauge.”[/COLOR] She snarled and looked ready to rip something apart with her bare hands. Mainstream tried to get her to calm down but she stormed off with a shrieking battle cry. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Nemesis found Ernest Youngman and cheerfully asked if he was ready for his match tonight. Ernest was not happy about what he was going to do. He tried to beg off, but Nemesis wouldn’t hear it. He insisted that Ernest go out there and teach Jenny Playmate some respect. He said that he had barred Josh Jones from the building so nobody would interfere. He darkly threatened Ernest with suspension or worse if he refused. Ernest finally sighed and followed Nemesis out toward the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 6) [B]JENNY PLAYMATE vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] Nemesis followed Ernest out to the ring and ordered him in. Jenny tried to plead with Ernest to leave her alone. Ernest turned to Nemesis, practically begging him with his eyes, but Nemesis ordered the bell to be rung and the match started. Jenny tried to escape the ring but her path was blocked by Nemesis. He shoved her back into the ring and ordered Ernest to get to work. Ernest clearly didn’t want to but finally shoved her around and quickly hit a swinging neckbreaker. The crowd, much to my surprise, didn’t seem to mind this too much. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 3:08 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) [B]THE JOEYS vs. AGONY’S BIKERS (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] I had booked this match just as a safety net in case the previous one crashed and burned. Thankfully I didn’t need it but it was a good match anyway, though Joey Poison looked a little stiff and sore in the ring. In the end, Lead Belly dropped Joey Poison with an RPM Bomb. WINNERS: [B]Agony’s Bikers [/B]in 11:16 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) Junior found Nemesis backstage and demanded she have a rematch with Matt Gauge. Nemesis said that wasn’t possible, not tonight. Junior suggested a match at “Dangerous Days.” Nemesis pointed out that if Matt won his match tonight, that meant he’d likely get the invite to the battle royal. She said that’d be okay, she’d get him then. Nemesis disagreed, reminding her that she forfeited last night. He wasn’t going to invite her now. Junior screamed in fury and stormed away, leaving Nemesis to smile serenely. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) Greg Gauge came out to the ring with a furious expression on his face. But then, once he hit the ring, he smiled. It was kind of creepy. He said that he was angry at Jay Chord for costing him his qualifying match last night, but it was okay. He was furious. That gave him strength. He actually thanked Jay for helping him achieve enlightenment. Jay suddenly appeared in the ring and attacked him, shouting that here was some extra help. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the speech and the attack 10) [B]THE CALAMARI KID vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] Matt was off his game tonight but it didn’t hamper the match too badly. The Kid did everything he could to take Matt down but simply couldn’t do it. In the end, Matt tied up the Kid with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge [/B]in 8:36 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) Junior was still fuming backstage when she ran into Sam Keith. He tried to encourage her anger, to see it as a path to greater power. She slammed him up into the wall and suggested they have a match later for his title. If she couldn’t get his son, she’d gladly settle for him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) A video played, hyping the feud between Serene Jean Cattley and Thomas Morgan. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 13) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] Another great match from these two. Great chemistry pays off again. Thomas tried to end the match several times with some underhanded moves, but Jean blasted past them and finished Thomas off with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Serene Jean Cattley [/B]in 6:59 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 14) Jean celebrated after his win. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 15) Ernest Youngman was walking through the backstage area looking absolutely disgusted with himself. It probably didn’t help that Remmy Skye, Chance Fortune, and Liberty all shunned him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 16) [B]JUNIOR vs. SAM KEITH (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] I should have known bad chemistry would have shown up sooner or later. It wasn’t awful but it wasn’t good either. Junior tried to tear Sam apart but once again, Sam seemed to grow stronger through the match. In the end, he took her down with a Neutron Plex and then a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 8:43 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Thankfully things turned out all right in the end. I’ve noticed a definite downward trend in terms of economy and overall popularity of wrestling, which I think explains the fact that we haven’t been selling out arenas. I’m hoping that we’ll be able to weather the storm. We got a rating of 7.13. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Jenny Playmate [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Agony’s Bikers (c) defeated the Joeys to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Matthew Gauge defeated the Calamari Kid[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Serene Jean Cattley defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Sam Keith (c) defeated Junior to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 3, December 2013[/I] Held at Huntsville Fairgrounds in the South East Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Emma Chase and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) It was announced that tonight, we’d see Mainstream Hernandez and Ronnie V. Pain in a qualifying match for the battle royal. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) [B]BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Yet another qualifying match. Emma commented that this could be a golden opportunity for Bulldozer, seeing as he’s kind of floundered since leaving Primus Allen behind. I commented that it made me wonder who the weak link really was in the Titans. That debate aside, they put on a decent match, one that Joey finished with a pinfall. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 9:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) Nemesis looked up as Ernest Youngman came into his office. Nemesis smiled broadly and called Ernest [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“his boy.” [/COLOR]Ernest winced but looked pretty dejected. Nemesis said that he had given it some thought. He said he thinks Ernest finally gets how this works and he was feeling generous. That’s why he was extending an invitation to Ernest to be a part of the battle royal this Sunday. Ernest shrugged it off and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Whatever.”[/COLOR] Ernest shuffled out of the room. Before Nemesis could turn back to his work, Serene Jean Cattley came in and said that even though he beat Thomas Morgan, he wasn’t feeling quite so groovy yet. He wanted one last shot to really settle things. He went on to say that the whole [COLOR="darkgreen"]“battle royal scene”[/COLOR] was [COLOR="darkgreen"]“harshing his buzz,” [/COLOR]so he’d rather face Thomas at “Dangerous Days.” Nemesis said he’d think about it. Jean left, only to be shoved out of the way by Josh Jones. Josh got in Nemesis’s face. He said he was furious over what happened to Jenny last week. He said that Nemesis made his point. Now Josh would have to make his. He feinted at Nemesis, who didn’t wince. Then Josh left. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for Ernest; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for Jean; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for Josh 4) Junior was backstage looking even angrier than last week. Mainstream tried to get her to calm down, but she was completely focused on Matthew Gauge. She raged about how Matt has been messing with her, how he made her lose her spot in the battle royal to Alicia, how he made her think Mainstream was going to propose, all of that. Mainstream finally took her by the shoulders and said that as far as he saw things, she had two options. Option one was to get all worked up over a bunch of stuff she couldn’t change. Option two was to do something constructive. He pointed out that since everyone was so obsessed with the battle royal, a lot of spots were still open on the “Dangerous Days” card. He also said that Remmy Skye wasn’t in the battle royal either. He suggested that she and Remmy challenge Agony’s Bikers for the tag belts. He said it’d give her an outlet for her anger. She didn’t seem too happy at the idea at first, but then she smiled and nodded. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Sounds like a good plan.”[/COLOR] She then kissed him and said that she loved him. Mainstream seemed surprised. She did too. But they both shared a smile. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I think I’m going to be sick,” [/COLOR]Emma commented. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. BRADLEY BLAZE[/B] Just some lowercard fun. Halfway decent match from these two. Primus picked up the win with a flying lariat. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 7:59 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Wanda Fish led Cameron Vessey out to the ring. She said that Cameron was getting a bit bored and wanted some action tonight. She threw open the challenge to anyone in the back who wanted to take a shot at his Rising Star Title. Out came Steven Parker. He said he’d give it a try. Wanda told him to get his gear on, they’d see him in the ring later. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the response 7) [B]KC GLENN vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] A decent showing for newcomer KC Glenn. He was one of the guys I wanted to acquire after we hit international. A pretty good back-and-forth battle, but it ended badly for the newcomer. Greg took him down and got him to tap with the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 9:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) Greg didn’t have time to celebrate his win. Jay Chord’s entrance music hit and he came out to the ring entrance. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“All right, enough dancing around. I think you know what I want, Greg. I’m not in the battle royal. Neither are you. So let’s you and me dance at ‘Dangerous Days.’”[/COLOR] Greg smiled wickedly. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I thought you’d never ask.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the response 9) Fire & Ice appeared on a set backstage and issued the challenge to the Bikers. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. CAMERON VESSEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Oh shoot. I think this one just sunk our rating for the night. Bad chemistry strikes again. Parker did his best to get Vessey in the Future Shock, but it was Vessey who finished this mess with a Vessey Driver. WINNER: [B]Cameron Vessey [/B]in 7:46 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 11) Wanda got into the ring to celebrate with her client, mic in hand. She said her client was the best Rising Star the MWA had ever had. She once again threw out an open challenge to anyone to face Cameron at “Dangerous Days.” Out came a very familiar looking individual. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That can’t be....” [/COLOR]Emma said. It wasn’t who we thought it was. It was his cousin instead. [B]Edward Cornell[/B] introduced himself and said he’d be more than willing to take young Vessey’s challenge. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) Des Davids found Sam Keith meditating in a darkened room. Des woke Sam up and said he was sick of seeing Sam strut around like he owned the place. He called his religion mumbo-jumbo and said it was time for Sam to see it was a bunch of crap. Sam smirked and said it sounded like Des was challenging him. Des smacked himself in the forehead and said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Duh!” [/COLOR]Sam accepted, then told Des to depart, he had to prepare himself. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the acceptance 13) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. RONNIE V. PAIN[/B] Too little, too late. Way too little. Mainstream and Ronnie did a halfway decent job. I wish it could have been a bit better though. Ronnie was tired out by the end of this match, which Mainstream seemed to use to his advantage. He kept things at a high pace, trying to stay two or three steps ahead of the sluggish biker. In the end, the strategy paid off as he hit an Apparition #14. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 10:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Oh boy. We’re starting to feel a bit of a sting. We probably lost some popularity and the crowds left, saying there are no hot storylines to follow. We got a rating of 22.12. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Bradley Blaze [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Greg Gauge defeated KC Glenn [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Cameron Vessey (c) defeated Steven Parker to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez defeated Ronnie V. Pain [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on the Pop! Network; Replayed on TV Mex[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 3, December 2013[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Dangerous Days”[/COLOR]) Held at the Laurent Ballroom in the New England Territory 4,838 in attendance[/CENTER] Emma Chase and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Nemesis appeared on screen and said that there seemed to be an outbreak of rebelliousness in the MWA. First it infected Jenny Playmate. Now it’s got her client, Josh Jones. So Nemesis said he’d administer the cure tonight: he had booked Josh Jones in a match against Ernest Youngman! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] Emma and I spent part of the match wondering if Jean was going to get his match against Thomas Morgan. Not that the match was boring but we had to get that in there. Des and Jean did a pretty good job putting on an opening match. It was a back and forth battle that saw Jean almost hit the Mood Swing on more than one occasion. But in the end, Des finished things with a Spear. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 9:57 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B[/COLOR] 3) Out to the ring came Agony’s Bikers. They announced that they were accepting the challenge that Fire & Ice had laid down to them. And to give them a preview of what they could expect, Lead Belly called out Edward Cornell to be the patsy ... er, the example. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) [B]EDWARD CORNELL vs. LEAD BELLY[/B] Wow. There’s just no other words for that. If Lead Belly was expecting an easy match, he certainly didn’t get it. Edward proved very hard to pin down (both literally and figuratively). The two of them really brawled in and around the ring. Even when Ronnie V. Pain and Kristen Pearce interjected themselves, it wasn’t enough to actually halt Edward’s offense (and it got them thrown out of the ringside area too). In the end, Edward beat down Lead Belly and got the pin. WINNER: [B]Edward Cornell [/B]in 8:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 5) Matthew Gauge appeared on screen and started taunting Junior. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That is the great challenge you’ve set before yourself? Two aging wannabe bikers? Oh, to see such potential as yours squandered when you know what you really want. And yet, that is denied you as well. I can almost taste your rage, Junior....”[/COLOR] His rant was cut off in midstream by Mainstream Hernandez. The two of them stared each other down for a few moments before Mainstream said he knew what this was all about. He said this was Matt’s way of sticking Junior’s pig-tails in the ink well. Matt was sweet on Junior and was such an immature idiot he was picking on her to show it. Mainstream told Matt he might as well not bother. She’s with Mainstream. And, after he personally throws Matt out of the ring this Sunday, he’d go on to become the first ever MWA World Heavyweight Champion. Mainstream smirked at Matt and then walked away, leaving Matt to glower after him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the taunting and the confrontation 6) Nemesis was leaving his office when he was intercepted by Thomas Morgan. Nemesis growled at Thomas to keep it quick, that he wanted to get out to the ring to see Ernest Youngman put Josh Jones in his place. Thomas made it simple: he too wanted the match against Serene Jean Cattley. He cackled and asked Nemesis to make it happen. Nemesis said he had it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOSH JONES vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] Why couldn’t we have had these matches last night! Josh and Ernest put on a great match, one that really showcased what they’re both capable of. Josh seemed out to hurt a very reluctant Ernest, who was only spurred on by the presence of Nemesis at ringside. In the end, Ernest hit a swinging neckbreaker, which led to him pinning Josh. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 10:39 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B+[/COLOR] 8) Josh Jones staggered to his feet, only to get ran over from behind by Nemesis, who beat the younger man down with a steel chair. Ernest stood there and watched as Nemesis laughed gleefully, stomping on Josh and kicking him. Ernest’s shoulders slumped and he finally rolled out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I don’t like it either.”[/COLOR] The camera zoomed out from Alicia Strong to reveal that she was talking to Izaak Tischler. I reminded folks that a few years ago, Alicia and Izaak were an item and it was a little odd to see them together backstage. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But Nemesis made the match,” [/COLOR]Alicia went on. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Whether you like it or not, I’m your partner tonight, Izaak.”[/COLOR] Izaak groaned. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Lucky me. Let’s go.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Ernest Youngman was retreating from the ring when he passed by Chance Fortune and Liberty. Chance stopped Ernest and berated him for being Nemesis’s lapdog. “First you take out Jenny, now you stand by while Nemesis brutalizes Josh? I thought you were better than that.” Ernest glared at Chance and demanded to know what he should have done. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It’s not like I have a lot of choice.”[/COLOR] Chance said that was no excuse and shook his head sadly. He then motioned for Liberty to come with him as they headed toward the ring, leaving Ernest to glower after them. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE & LIBERTY vs. ALICIA STRONG & IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] I hyped this as a sneak preview of the battle royal this Sunday since all four had been invited to participate. I pointed out that the difference then was that there’d be eleven other participants to contend with and there would be no partners, just opponents. Emma thanked me and called me [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Captain Obvious.”[/COLOR] Chance and Liberty appeared to be the fan favorites but it didn’t help them in the end. Much to everyone’s surprise, Alicia Strong took Chance down with a Strong Interaction. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong & Izaak Tischler [/B]in 9:40 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) Jay Chord came out to the ring and said that he was looking forward to this Sunday. True, he wasn’t going to regain what he considered his title. But he would get the chance to punish Greg Gauge for messing with him. And that was pretty good too. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) [B]JAY CHORD vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Huh. I would have thought this one would have done better. Guess not. Davis and Jay put on a half-way decent match that seemed to lag for some unknown reason. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. In the end, Jay took Davis down with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 9:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] As the show went off the air, Emma and I ran down the card for “Dangerous Days” -- [B]EDWARD CORNELL vs. CAMERON VESSEY (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR]) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. SAM KEITH (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR]) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. THOMAS MORGAN [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]FIRE & ICE vs. AGONY’S BIKERS (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR]) [B]A [COLOR="Purple"]15-PERSON BATTLE ROYAL [/COLOR](featuring [I]ALICIA STRONG, IZAAK TISCHLER, ERNEST YOUNGMAN, CHANCE FORTUNE, LIBERTY, MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ, MATTHEW GAUGE, DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/I], and many more) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B]JAY CHORD vs. GREG GAUGE [/B]([COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] The crowd still doesn’t think we have hot storylines. We got a rating of 7.09. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Des Davids defeated Serene Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Edward Cornell defeated Lead Belly [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Josh Jones [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong & Izaak Tischler defeated Chance Fortune & Liberty [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] Comments, predictions, whatever, it’s all good! And just an OOC note. I know I've gone kind of overboard on updates the past couple of days (today especially). The reason is because I got so far ahead of the diary in the game that I had a large backlog of shows. Now I'm pretty much caught up, so things should slow down a bit.

[B]MIDWEST MARKDOWN: MESSAGE SENT[/b] by Dave "Cornellicious" Wynne I got to break the story all that time ago, but I figured I'd wait until things actually shook out before I tried passing judgement. We know now what the suit is all about, and I... can kinda see their point. Yeah, that's harsh to say. But still. I liked some of those storylines, y'know? I wanted to see Liberty finish the fall-from-grace program he was working. It wasn't the only thing I liked that vanished. It's easy for us smarks to bitch about that stuff. Imagine how much it must infuriate bookers. Not that that actually makes suing over it worthwhile. If I were a betting man I'd be laying money on Scap's defence starting with a rundown of the questionable things his rivals have done, pointing out what wrestling SOP has become - and then I expect him to talk about talent development. Jay Chord. Alicia Strong. Izaak Tischler. The Gauge brothers. Ash Campbell, for a brief while. Cameron Vessey. And now Edward Cornell. (Guess Tommy's calmed down a bit, huh?) These are big names, people. Big names attached to unfamiliar ones - that Scap made familiar all the same. He hasn't just hired away. He's built, in a way he never really did in the SWF. There's a case to be made that he's helped build the industry in a way few others have in recent years. And as a result we have another legitimate World Championship. Who needs popcorn?

EDWARD CORNELL vs. [B]CAMERON VESSEY (c)[/B] for the MWA Rising Star Title DES DAVIDS vs. [B]SAM KEITH (c)[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY[/B] vs. THOMAS MORGAN FIRE & ICE vs. [B]AGONY’S BIKERS (c)[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship A 15-PERSON BATTLE ROYAL (featuring ALICIA STRONG, IZAAK TISCHLER, [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B], CHANCE FORTUNE, LIBERTY, MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ, MATTHEW GAUGE, DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON, and many more) for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [B]JAY CHORD [/B]vs. GREG GAUGE

[I][SIZE="3"]Revelations[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Friday of Week 3, December 2013[/I][/B] I hated not being there for the house shows before “Dangerous Days.” I really did. But for one thing, I knew the road agents could handle things. There were five of them, after all, although Ogiwara would be leaving us in a few days. For another, I had to meet with Amy to give my deposition for the trial. It went well. At least, I think it went well. We went over to the plaintiff’s attorney’s office. I didn’t meet the man who was going to be conducting their case. He had a junior partner question me instead. Amy said it was a deliberate snub, one to show me how low he saw me. I didn’t care one way or the other. The questions themselves seemed fairly straightforward. How did I feel about the plaintiffs? Did I want them to fail or succeed? That sort of thing. I answered as honestly as I could. Once in a while, Amy would object to what was being asked. It wasn’t so much that she tried to get me out of answering. It was our pre-arranged signal for me to be careful. Afterwards we went back to her office. She actually seemed nervous as we went inside. She fidgeted with some papers on her desk and started sharing some details about how the case was shaping up. Depositions were done. There were some pre-trial motions to deal with and then the actual trial would start in about a month. That was all well and good, but I could tell something else was on her mind. She finally met my gaze. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“We got a hold of Gil Thomas,” [/COLOR]she said. I couldn’t help but smile. That had been one of the oddities of the case. When I was originally served with the papers, Gil Thomas, the owner of MAW, had been one of the plaintiffs. Then, without warning, he pulled out of the proceedings. We hadn’t been able to find out why. The other side was very cagey when asked about it and Gil hadn’t been returning phone calls. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What did he have to say?” [/COLOR]I asked. Amy hesitated again. She shuffled some of the papers around before looking up. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“He had an interesting story to tell us. I put a private investigator on it to see what he could unearth. What he found...”[/COLOR] She sighed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It could be devastating to one of their witnesses if we use this information. It could even undermine their whole case.” “Well, that’s good, isn’t it?” [/COLOR]I asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Maybe. I’m not sure. Why don’t I show you what I mean?”[/COLOR] She pushed a stack of papers across the desk to me. I picked them up and started flipping through them. At first, I thought it was a joke. Then, as I kept reading and more of the pieces fell into place, I knew it wasn’t but desperately wished it could be. Numbness slithered up my legs and through my arms, threatening to smother my heart. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Mr. Otte?”[/COLOR] How could this be possible? How could no one have known? But the real question was, could I use this information in good conscience. Amy was only partially right. It wouldn’t just be devastating. It would be shocking, horrific, all the rest. It would completely change his life if people learned the truth... [COLOR="darkgreen"]“John?”[/COLOR] My head snapped up. She smiled sadly. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What do you think?”[/COLOR] I sighed. I didn’t want to agree to use it, but Amy had said that we still had a chance of losing the case. I’d be stupid to pass up any advantage. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Use it but only if you have to,” [/COLOR]I whispered. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And I hope he can forgive me afterwards.”[/COLOR] +++ And in happier news, ProWrestlingHits.com recently held a poll to determine who the most entertaining wrestler in the world was. Alicia Strong won, hands-down.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Dangerous Days”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Sunday of Week 3, December 2013[/I] Held at Isaak Road Arena in the Mid Atlantic Territory 10,857 in attendance; Buy-Rate of 2.19[/CENTER] Emma Chase and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) We reminded folks that later tonight, we’d see Jay Chord take on Greg Gauge. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Both these men deserve to be in the battle royal but they’re settling for a chance to get their hands on each other.” [/COLOR]I said. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) Nemesis found Ernest Youngman backstage and asked if he was ready for his shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. Ernest said he didn’t care one way or the other. Nemesis didn’t seem to hear him. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B-[/COLOR] 3) Des Davids came out to the ring first. He said that he had merely stumbled last month when he lost the MWA Regional Championship. The time had come for him to reclaim what was rightfully his. But then Sam Keith came out to the ring. He laughed at Des and corrected him, saying that he doesn’t stand a chance. After all, Sam has the teachings of Il Padrone Arrabiato to guide his actions and strengthen his resolve. He said that his faith would carry him through the match and to victory beyond. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for Des’s hype; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for Sam’s response 4) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. SAM KEITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Sam’s age was beginning to show as this match wore on. But it was an explosive start for the show. Des and Sam really took it to each other. You could tell that Sam was trying to draw upon his strength but Des was able to keep up with him the whole way. As a matter of fact, Des managed to power his way out of an attempted Neutron Plex and, ricocheting off the ropes, turned it into a Spear that almost broke Sam in half. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 15:51 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 5) Thomas Morgan cut a promo, saying that he was going to destroy Serene Jean Cattley and teach him what kind of pain was here in the real world. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) Backstage Mainstream Hernandez found Junior and surprised her with a big boquet of roses. He said that he looked forward to celebrating their victories tonight: Junior’s as she and Remmy became tag champs, and his as he became the World Heavyweight Champion. She was very touched and gave him a big kiss. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) Jay Chord checked in now, saying that tonight, he was going to teach Greg Gauge a lesson in what real anger could do. He said it wasn’t a matter of spirituality, it was a matter of drive and determination. He said that once he had dealt with Greg’s distraction, he’d be first in line to take on the new World Heavyweight Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) [B]EDWARD CORNELL vs. CAMERON VESSY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] A pretty good match from these two relative unknowns. They were able to capture the crowd’s attention with a pretty decent in-ring action. Wanda Fish also helped, screaming abuse at Eddie and carefully interfering in the match. As a matter of fact, it was Wanda who made all the difference. Eddie appeared to be on a roll, ready to take Cameron down, when Wanda tripped him up from ringside, bringing his offense to a crashing halt. Cameron then pounced on Eddie, quickly rolling him up and getting the pin. WINNER: [B]Cameron Vessey [/B]in 7:36 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 9) Serene Jean Cattley sounded off, saying that Thomas was too tense. That gave him a bad aura and caused the negativity to reign in the arena. Jean smiled and said that pinning him might help do the trick. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Matthew Gauge appeared on screen and said that while he knew he was in a battle royal and could claim heavyweight gold, all he cared about was getting his hands on Mainstream Hernandez and crushing his dreams. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) Kristen Pearce led her boys out to the ring and then delivered a lackluster promo, promising that the tag gold wasn’t going anywhere. The fans really didn’t seem to care. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) [B]FIRE & ICE vs. AGONY’S BIKERS (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Another really good match. Hopefully, though, one of our matches will kick it out of second gear and really take off soon. Lead Belly really looked like the star in the match. He simply ran over both Junior and Remmy. But the challengers were able to hold their ground. Junior often went toe-to-toe with both Lead Belly and Ronnie and managed to hold her own. But you could tell that she was dangerously close to losing her temper most of the time. Remmy eventually got isolated in the ring and wound up getting beaten down by the Bikers. When he went to tag Junior in, Kristen Pearce intervened and yanked Junior off her perch. Remmy wound up trying to tag thin air. He then turned around and got caught by Ronnie, who dropped him with a Power Chord. WINNERS: [B]Agony’s Bikers [/B]in 14:38 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 13) Mainstream Hernandez appeared on screen and started to cut a promo. He spoke of how cool it was going to be to face off against Chance Fortune. Or even Ernest Youngman. But he too was focused on Matthew Gauge. He was going to... Junior charged into the camera shot and was absolutely livid. She looked about ready to tear something apart. Mainstream stopped what he was doing and tried to calm her down, finally walking away with his arm around her shoulder. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for Mainstream’s promo; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the comforting 14) Greg Gauge, in a dimly lit room, said that he had spent the past several days purifying himself to be ready for the battle to come. He had distilled his rage into its purest form and infused his soul with it. He finally looked up at the camera and told Jay Chord that he would be the end of his ambitions. He would destroy him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 15) A video played, hyping the on-going feud between Thomas Morgan and Serene Jean Cattley. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 16) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] Whoa. Remember what I said about getting out of second gear? I didn’t expect it to happen right here. Jean and Thomas were simply phenomenal in the ring. I don’t know what they drank or smoked or whatever before the match, but I’m thinking I need to order everyone to do so from here on out. They rallied the crowd, kept them on the edge of their seats, and took turns beating the crap out of each other before finally, Jean somehow managed to slip out of a Camel Clutch and then catch Thomas in a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Serene Jean Cattley [/B]in 8:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 17) A video played, hyping the on-going feud between Jay Chord and Greg Gauge. Needless to say, my fingers are crossed right now. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 18) Jay left his locker room and started for the ring. He didn’t make it too far. Sam Keith and the Gauge Brothers ambushed him and beat the holy hell out of him before Sam and Matt disappeared, leaving Greg to drag Jay to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 19) [B]JAY CHORD vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] There we go. I guess I was worried for nothing. Jay took a while to find his footing, obviously struggling against the after effects of the beatdown. But eventually he came to life and managed to put on a spectacular match with Greg. The cool thing was that Jay often would hitch up in his moves, as if feeling the lingering pain of the beating. They both scored nearfalls. They both came close to hitting their finishers more than once. But in the end, it was Greg Gauge who got Jay down and tapping with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 16:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 20) Davis Wayne Newton now appeared on screen, saying it was time. He would fight past Hugh de Aske. He would take out Steve Gumble. He would humiliate Joey Beauchamp again. He would become the MWA World Heavyweight Champion. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 21) [COLOR="Purple"][B]A 15-PERSON BATTLE ROYAL [/B][/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] I explained that while this battle royal was smaller than some promotions used to put on, it would work in relatively the same way: timed entrances (every two minutes), toss your opponent over the top rope, if both feet hit the floor, you’re done. Starting out in the ring were [B]KC Glenn (1) [/B]and [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith (2)[/B]. I opined that it would be a kick for either man to become the World Heavyweight Champion, especially Glenn, since he only started in the MWA a few weeks ago. Emma said that was nice in a fantasy dreamland, but this was reality and they had a long row to hoe since they were the first two in. Next out was [B]Alicia Strong (3)[/B]. She and Bulldozer seemed to quickly form an alliance and spent most of their time wailing on KC. That changed when [B]Liberty (4)[/B] hit the ring to even things out. No more alliances, though Liberty was quick to come to KC’s aid (only to nearly get eliminated by him. Liberty laughed that off). Some very familiar entrance music started up next and, much to everyone’s surprise, out came [B]Casey Valentine (5)[/B]. I sputtered as he clambered into the ring and went after KC Glenn. Casey tossed KC over the top rope, making the rookie the first to be eliminated. [B]Hugh de Aske (6)[/B] hit the ring next, Hugh made an impact by basically hitting a Cut Throat Driver on Liberty seconds after getting into the ring. Hugh and Casey then tossed Liberty over the top rope. Shortly thereafter [B]Matthew Gauge (7)[/B] came in. He cleaned house a little by tossing Alicia over the top rope and then eliminating Hugh. [B]Steve Gumble (8)[/B] and [B]Chance Fortune (9)[/B] were thrown into the mix. Casey tried to greet Chance with fists flying but Chance ducked the blows and drop-kicked Casey up and over the top rope. [B]Mainstream Hernandez (10)[/B] hit the ring next and immediately went after Matthew Gauge. Emma Chase pointed out that was a really stupid idea. After all, there were three other wrestlers in the ring who wouldn’t just sit by and watch as the two of them duked it out. Worse, [B]Joey Beauchamp (11)[/B] made his way to the ring in the meantime. Sure enough, Bulldozer Brandon Smith interjected himself into the brawl and next thing Mainstream knew, Matt had shoved him up and over the top rope. Bulldozer paid for his interference a second later by getting eliminated by Steve Gumble. [B]Ernest Youngman (12)[/B] and [B]Izaak Tischler (13)[/B] joined the fray. While Ernest seemed a bit unhappy, he made an impact by eliminating both Steve Gumble and Matthew Gauge in short order. But Chance Fortune went after him then and the two wound up struggling to pull each other over the ropes, the whole time Chance yelling abuse at Ernest about his recent actions. [B]Davis Wayne Newton (14)[/B] came out, leaving Emma Chase to wonder who the last participant would be. Two minutes later, some entrance music that we hadn’t heard in the MWA for a very long time started up. And as the last participant made his way to the ring, the long-time fans couldn’t believe their eyes. It was [B]Ultimate Phoenix (15)[/B]. The original Grand Champion got into the ring. As he did, Joey Beauchamp was tossed over by Davis Wayne Newton. And then Phoenix cleaned house. Out went Izaak. Out went Davis Wayne Newton. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Could the first Grand Champion become the first World Heavyweight Champion?” [/COLOR]I cried. He seemed to be on fire as the crowd was thinned down to him, Ernest, and Chance. Phoenix went after Ernest, but the Assassin of the Squared Circle was ready for him. He quickly tripped him up and beat him down until finally, with a little assist from Chance, he sent Phoenix spilling over the top rope. Emma snidely observed that was why he would always remain the first Grand Champion and little else. That left Chance and Ernest. The two lit into each other and really tore it up until finally, Chance managed to get Ernest over the top. WINNER: [B]Chance Fortune [/B]in 44:01 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 22) The match was over and Ernest stared up at Chance in disbelief. He started up the ramp as Chance went from post to post, raising the title high overhead. But then Ernest turned and charged back into the ring, beating Chance down and stomping a hole in his chest. He then spit on Chance and stormed out of the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What brought that on?” [/COLOR]I demanded. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 23) Backstage the Gauges regrouped. Greg looked happy with himself. Matt looked pissed. But then Sam Keith rushed up to them and said that he had just gotten off the phone with Il Padrone Arrabiato. He said that the Master had watched tonight and while he was pleased with some, he was not pleased with others. For that reason ... he will be coming to the MWA. Greg and Matt looked horrified. The brothers exchanged worried looks with their father as the show ended. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Good show all around thanks to the last two matches and the battle royal. As I finished signing some paperwork, one of the arena workers handed me a note. It simply read: “See me in the parking garage.” It was signed Gil Thomas. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Dangerous Days”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Des Davids defeated Sam Keith (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Cameron Vessey (c) defeated Edward Cornell to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Agony’s Bikers (c) defeated Fire & Ice to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Serene Jean Cattley defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Greg Gauge defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Chance Fortune won [COLOR="Purple"]a battle royal [/COLOR]to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]An Unlikely Ally[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Sunday of Week 3, December 2013[/I][/B] I cautiously walked into the darkened parking garage. Part of me screamed to leave well enough alone. For all I knew, this was some sort of trap. Maybe Gil was the bait and some goons hired by Richard Eisen had come to fit me for cement shoes. I doubted Richard would stoop that low, but you never knew. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Scap.”[/COLOR] I whirled around as Gil stepped out of the shadows. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“A little overdramatic, don’t you think?”[/COLOR] He smiled sheepishly. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sorry. I figured this was the best way to speak with you when no one else was around.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You know, I probably shouldn’t even have this conversation without my lawyer present.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Why? I’m not a part of the lawsuit anymore. So far as I’m concerned, this is two promoters having a talk.”[/COLOR] I stared at him for a few moments. He seemed sincere and very, very nervous. As much as I knew I shouldn’t, I decided to hear him out. I motioned for him to continue. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Okay, so I suppose you’re wondering why I withdrew from the lawsuit.”[/COLOR] I shook my head. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Actually, I’m more interested in knowing what you all were thinking in the first place.”[/COLOR] Gil winced. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well, that’s hard to explain. I can’t speak for everyone else, you know, but Scap, I was angry when you took a quarter of my roster away from me. I’ve tried to plug the holes as best I could, but it’s not the same.”[/COLOR] I crossed my arms over my chest. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You would have done the same to me.”[/COLOR] Gil nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I know that. The rest of them know that too. But when he suggested the lawsuit, we all saw it as a way to strike back at you.”[/COLOR] Ice pooled in my stomach. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So why’d you withdraw?”[/COLOR] Gil kicked at a spot on the pavement. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Lots of little reasons. The initial shock and anger wore off. I realized I would have done the same if our positions had been reversed, like you said. And then there were some things that he said, stuff that didn’t sound quite right. I had a few P.I.s in my rolodex and I had them do some sniffing around.” “Why would a knitwear executive need private investigators?”[/COLOR] Gil smiled ruefully. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “A knitwear executive with two ex-wives?”[/COLOR] Ah. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So they started digging and what they found freaked me out pretty badly. I didn’t want any part of it, so I pulled out of the lawsuit and forwarded what I could to your lawyer. I assume she’s found more?”[/COLOR] I nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Gonna use it at the trial?”[/COLOR] I met his gaze. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I haven’t decided yet.”[/COLOR] He nodded thoughtfully. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Fair enough.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That doesn’t explain why you wanted to meet with me.”[/COLOR] He sighed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’ve given it a lot of thought, Scap. When I bought MAW, I figured it would be an exciting adventure. And it has been, don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t trade a moment of the past two and a half years for anything. But at the same time, I know when I’m beat. “You realize what you’ve done? You’ve beaten the SWF. They’re cult, you’re international. There’s only two promotions bigger than you in North America right now, TCW and NOTBPW. Cornell may make it to global before you, but I think it’s going to be a race. “Now, I’d be perfectly happy selling out Stanley Hall and putting on my shows, but I’d rather be part of something bigger. That’s why I’m hoping I can help you out.” “How?” “By being your minor leagues. I want to sign a development deal with you. You’ve been really lucky snatching up some of the more talented younger wrestlers, but you have some vets like Liberty who will retire soon. You won’t find gems like Alicia and Jay every year. Send the wrestlers you want trained, MAW will do our best to get them ready for you.”[/COLOR] I was stunned. Sure, I had signed a few development deals with smaller promotions back when I booked for the SWF, but the thought hadn’t occurred to me to do that with the MWA. It would be nice to be able to grow some talent elsewhere and then bring them in. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What’s the catch?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Only this. You can’t breathe a word about it to anyone. I’m sure the news will get out sooner or later ... probably sooner ... but I’d prefer no one know what we’re up to until after the trial is over.”[/COLOR] I smiled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Don’t want to get lumped in with me.”[/COLOR] Gil didn’t see the humor in that. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Not if I can help it. So do we have a deal?”[/COLOR] I shook his extended hand. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You got it.”[/COLOR]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA[I] Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 4, December 2013[/I] Held at McGaw Arena in the Tri State Territory 5,000 in attendance – SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Emma Chase and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A video played, reminding folks how earlier this week, Chance Fortune became the first ever MWA World Heavyweight Champion and how after he won the battle royal, Ernest Youngman attacked him without provocation. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]KC GLENN vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] I commented that a lot of people wanted to talk to Ernest about his actions, myself included. Emma said that we should learn to back off, that if he wants to explain himself, he will. He didn’t tonight. He simply stalked out to the ring, put on a great match with KC, and then finished him off with a Swinging Neckbreaker. After glaring at the crowd, he left just as sullenly and silently. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 8:26 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Junior was raging backstage. She somehow blamed him for the fact that Fire & Ice didn’t win the tag titles this past Sunday. She (rightly) blamed him that she hadn’t been in the battle royal and eliminating Mainstream from the title picture. She wanted to kill him, rip him to pieces. You know. The usual. Mainstream didn’t like that idea at all. He said it would be better to let it go, to forget about him. Junior did not appreciate the suggestion and it sparked an argument that looked like it was almost ready to come to blows. But then Junior snarled and stormed off. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) A video played, reminding folks that Sam Keith announced that Il Padrone Arrabiato was coming to the MWA. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) Back in the arena, arcane music filled the air. The lights dimmed and a solitary figure, swathed in heavy robes strode toward the ring. As he walked, he rhythmically hit himself in the forehead with a piece of plywood ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Kind of reminds me of one of my favorites movies,”[/COLOR] I commented). Then about halfway to the ring, the man tripped over the hem of his own robe. He took a major tumble but I commented it looked more like a pratfall than anything else. Whoever it was recovered but only to stumble two more times on the way to the ring. The third time, he almost wound up in the lap of some fans at ringside. The man then clambered into the ring and got a mic. In a very odd voice, he announced himself to be [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Ill Dronin’ Arab-baiter.” [/COLOR]He made scary noises, waved his hands around, and promised that his power meant he could seduce the ugly women, command the appearance of nickles, and cover for his severe body odor. It continued along that vein (including an impressive yet comical shadow-boxing demonstration), before the man revealed himself to be .... Jay Chord. Jay shucked the robe and admitted that he lost to Greg Gauge this past Sunday. But he said that Greg was still the biggest loser because he followed this mumbo-jumbo nonsense. He didn’t get much farther than that. Greg Gauge charged the ring and attacked Jay, but Jay was ready for him and they brawled through the ring and around it. Security finally had to come out and separate them. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the mockery and the attack 6) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA vs. CAMERON VESSEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] That sound you hear is us losing any momentum we had from the opening match. It wasn’t a bad match per se, just not one that the fans cared about. In the end, Cameron took Ota out with a Vessey Driver. WINNER: [B]Cameron Vessey [/B]in 5:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Junior stormed out to the ring and demanded that Matt Gauge face her in the ring tonight. No more games, no more tricks, no more retreats. They were going to finish this. Matt Gauge came out and said she was so close. He could almost taste her fury. But it wasn’t enough. Not yet. He would not face her until she had blossomed as a hateful rose and achieved her true potential. Needless to say, his answer didn’t help her disposition. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response 8) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] There we go. Now we’re back on track. Steve and Casey put on a great show with some nail-biting drama that ended with Casey taking out Steve with a Heartbreaker (at least, I think that’s what we called his finisher. Well, it is now). WINNER: [B]Casey Valentine [/B]in 7:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) Des Davids came out to the ring to boast on himself, seeing as he took Sam Keith out and reclaimed the MWA Regional Championship. He said that he was the greatest, he was the best there ever was, he was... ... interrupted by Serene Jean Cattley, who came out and sleepily asked Des to keep it down, that his overwhelming ego was sapping his groove and making it impossible for him to enjoy his Dylan. Des shot back that Jean should show some respect to him for winning the title. Jean responded that it was no big deal to hold a piece of metal. Des offered him a chance to take the title away. Jean actually declined the title shot, saying that he wasn’t into it for the glory or the titles or anything like that. But he would take Des on tomorrow night on Firestorm for the fun of it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the boasting and the response 10) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Emma Chase said that as odd as it may seem, Primus was actually the underdog in this contest. She pointed out that Joey was at the top of his game while Primus had been floundering lately. Primus’s performance quickly shut her up. He simply dominated Joey. And while Joey was able to put in a decent defense, he was nearly knocked cold with a running powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 9:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) The Unnamed Wonders found Nemesis backstage. The Calamari Kid did most of the talking and pointed out that since Junior seemed pretty focused on Matthew Gauge, it was unlikely that Fire & Ice would exercise their rematch clause against Agony’s Bikers. For that reason, the Wonders were hoping to have a match against the tag champs. Nemesis laughed at the idea of giving them a title shot. The Kid countered they weren’t asking for one. They just wanted a chance to show what they could do. Nemesis thought it over and agreed. Next week, on the Blade’s Edge, it would be the Unnamed Wonders vs. Agony’s Bikers. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) Chance Fortune came out to the ring to a modest ovation. He thanked the crowd for supporting him since his return to the MWA. He said that he was proud to hold the MWA World Heavyweight Championship, the first person ever to do so. He said he would continue in the proud tradition of previous champions such as Ultimate Phoenix, Alicia Strong, and so on. He then invited some of his friends and family out to the ring to celebrate with him. Sodas were passed around, music started playing, and people started to dance. Chance encouraged the crowd to join in the festivities. Not many did. But then business picked up as Ernest Youngman hit the ring. He attacked Chance, delivering a swinging neckbreaker right onto the title belt. He glared at Chance and then stormed out of the ring again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the hype; [COLOR="blue"]B+ [/COLOR]for the attack 13) [B]JAY CHORD vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] Not quite the bang I had hoped for. At least we’re not ending with a whimper, though. Jay and Greg did a decent job, but I think the ending is what did us in. When it became clear that Jay was going to win it all, Greg brought things to a screeching halt by getting the ring bell and knocking Jay out cold with it. The ref immediately disqualified him. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord by DQ [/B]in 12:33 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Still not what I’m hoping for, seeing as Blade’s Edge is seen by more people than Firestorm. We got a rating of 27.39. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated KC Glenn [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Cameron Vessey (c) defeated Fumihiro Ota to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Casey Valentine defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Greg Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on the Pop! Network; Replayed on TV Mex[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 4, December 2013[/I] Held at the Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory 5,000 in attendance – SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Emma Chase and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with Joey Beauchamp in the ring. He complained about what happened last night to him and he demanded a rematch against Primus Allen. Primus came out and said it didn’t matter to him. He explained that this was the new Primus Allen Joey was challenging. He explained that he had looked at his record and saw that he had lost twice as many times as he had won. That bothered him. So he figured he’d wipe the slate clean and start over again. As far as he was concerned, new Primus had already beaten Joey and made things 1-0. Now it’d just be 2-0. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the response 2) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Huh. I would have thought they would have done better. Oh well. Primus once again battered Joey around the ring before finishing him off with a running powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 8:05 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) Much to everyone’s surprise, Ultimate Phoenix came out to the ring. He said it was a joy to be among his old fans once again, here in the MWA. But, he said, all was not well. He was particularly distressed by the actions of Ernest Youngman. He said that Ernest was vile and despicable and, as far as he was concerned, he did not wish to be in the MWA if Ernest was there. So he challenged Ernest to a match tonight. If Phoenix won, he would stay and Ernest would have to go. If Ernest won, Phoenix would relent and depart. Ernest came out and told the “Parrot” to get his feathers ready because the match was on. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the response 4) [B]EDWARD CORNELL vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] Not too bad of a match. Edward handled himself really well in the ring but Greg simply was better. Edward wound up tapping out after getting tied up in the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Ga[/B]uge in 9:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) Nemesis was backstage sitting across from a smiling young man in a referee outfit. Nemesis explained to the young man that the MWA was growing and that we’d need more referees. We had already hired two more. Nemesis wanted one more just to be on the safe side. He said that this young man would be number five. He welcomed him to the MWA. Then Jay Chord burst into the office. Nemesis sighed and told the new ref this was the sort of stupidity he had to put up with. He tried to introduce the new ref to Jay ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Jay, this is [B]Aaron Andrews[/B]...”[/COLOR]) but Jay didn’t care. He wanted Greg Gauge. Nemesis said that they had gone down this road before and he wasn’t willing to do it again. Jay kept after him and Nemesis kept refusing until finally, Jay suggested that the main event at next week’s Blade’s Edge be Jay Chord vs. Greg Gauge ... in a cage match. That got Nemesis’s attention. The first Blade’s Edge of 2014 with a cage match? He liked it. He made the match. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the ref hiring; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the match making 6) Speaking of the Gauges, Matt now put in an appearance. He mocked Junior, suggesting she was curled up on her bed, surrounded by boy band posters, and weeping bitter tears over how mean the world was to her. He was in the middle of a pretty good fake cry when Mainstream Hernandez confronted him. Mainstream demanded that Matt stay away from his girlfriend. Matt said that wasn’t up to him, it was up to Junior. Mainstream grew very frustrated and finally dared Matt to step into the ring with him. Matt was all smiles as he agreed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the taunting; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the challenge 7) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] Really great match, one that truly captured the crowd’s attention. Des went into the match looking pretty sure he knew how it was going to end. That confidence quickly evaporated as Jean took the fight to Des and didn’t let up. Des actually tried to beg off of the match for a while but Jean didn’t give him a break. In the end, Jean finished Des off with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Serene Jean Cattley [/B]in 11:14 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) Jean celebrated his win. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) The Biker’s appeared on screen and said that they weren’t worried about their match next week against the Unnamed Wonders at all. They called the Calamari Kid “sushi pants” and referred to Steven Parker as a washed-up has-been. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] A pretty good match all things considered. There were a few missed spots due to bad chemistry (my bad; I knew these two didn’t click but I forgot). Lots of great flying offense from Remmy with some power moves and intricate locks by Izaak. In the end, Izaak took Remmy out with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tisc[/B]hler in 10:18 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) Ernest Youngman came out to the ring and said that he knew he should be talking about Ultimate Phoenix. After all, if the Parrot wins the match, Ernest would be gone. But Ernest doesn’t want to talk poultry. He wants to talk about Chance Fortune. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Why’d I do it? Why did I attack him at ‘Dangerous Days?’ Why did I break up the party last night? Well, I’ll tell you. I was sick of Chance’s sanctimonious attitude. I was sick of the way the people in the back were treating me. “They’ve been treating me like some sort of criminal because of what I did to Jenny Playmate and Josh Jones. Did I beat those two up? Yes, I did, but I didn’t have much choice and everyone knows it. If I didn’t do it, I’d be out of a job. But do I get any understanding for my problem? No. All I get is people clucking their tongues at me like I’m some sort of monster. “So I finally decided if I’m stuck being Nemesis’s errand boy, I might as well enjoy it. They call me the Assassin of the Squared Circle. Well, now Nemesis is the one calling all my shots.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 12) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a career vs. career match[/COLOR] Holy cow. I think Ernest carried this one all the way. I certainly did not expect this to happen. It was simply a phenomenal match. Phoenix pulled out all the stops and really took it to the next level, only to find Ernest there and waiting for him. They battled it out and even though Ernest got busted open, it didn’t do Phoenix any good. In the end, Ernest dispatched the first Grand Champion with a swinging neckbreaker. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 14:01 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] And so Phoenix rounds out the temporary contract he had with us. Glad I pursued that. Great show. Hopefully next week’s Blade’s Edge will do as well (though I doubt it). We got a rating of 8.12. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Primus Allen defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Greg Gauge defeated Edward Cornell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Serene Jean Cattley defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Remmy Skye [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Ultimate Phoenix in [COLOR="Purple"]a career vs. career match [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]Year In Review[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]December 31st, 2013[/I][/B] I suppose I could have gone to the New Year’s Eve party at the Garrison. But I just didn’t feel like I had much to celebrate. Well, that’s not entirely true. The MWA had a phenomenal year. We grew more than I ever expected. We put on some great matches and some great shows. We had a developmental deal and I had sent some promising young workers to MAW to see how they would do. And there was always Wanda... But at the same time, even as I was heading back to Edina to rest a little before the next round of shows, Amy called and said that a trial date had been set. We’d finally hear opening arguments the day after our January show, “On the Rise.” It brought me crashing down and so I found myself sitting in a darkened room, waiting for 2014 to come, watching ProWrestlingHits’ year in review. They, of course, made a big deal out of the lawsuit. There was rampant speculation as to what prompted it, what Richard Eisen thought he had on me, what I would do to save my promotion, all that. I had dodged the requests for an interview and referred them all to Amy. She was quoted as delivering a scathing, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“No comment,” [/COLOR]which the folks at PWH didn’t appreciate. Finally, though, they delved into their year-end awards: [QUOTE][B]WRESTLER OF THE YEAR:[/B] Joel Kovach for his work in PGHW [B]YOUNG WRESTLER OF THE YEAR:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Junior[/COLOR] [B]VETERAN WRESTLER OF THE YEAR:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Nemesis[/COLOR] [B]FEMALE WRESTLER OF THE YEAR:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Sensational Ogiwara[/COLOR] [B]PROMOTION OF THE YEAR:[/B] NOTBPW [B]MOST IMPROVED PROMOTION OF THE YEAR:[/B] [COLOR="red"]The MWA[/COLOR] [B]MATCH OF THE YEAR:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Alicia Strong vs. Wanda Fish at “Destined for Glory” in February[/COLOR] [B]SHOW OF THE YEAR:[/B] [COLOR="red"]An episode of MWA Firestorm from September[/COLOR][/QUOTE] I was pleasantly surprised. I was happy for Joel and pretty pleased that we swept almost everything else. NOTBPW didn’t surprise me. They were definitely king of the mountain and probably would be for a long time to come. I turned my attention to the copy of Pro Wrestling Hits Magazine to check out their top 100 wrestlers. I wasn’t too surprised to see that none of my workers broke into the top 10: [QUOTE]1) Eisaku Kunomasu 2) Mito Miwa 3) The Natural 4) Dan Stone Jr. 5) Nobuatsu Tatsuko 6) Bryan Vessey 7) Yoshimi Mushashibo 8) Buddy Garner 9) Shuji Inukai 10) Johnny Bloodstone[/QUOTE] I couldn’t help but smile when I saw that Joel Kovach was hanging in at #12. Junior was the first MWA worker to appear on the list at 31. Sensational Ogiwara was at 41. Then there were none of our workers until (to my surprise) Ronnie V. Pain at 90. I finally shut off the show as they started talking about the latest wrestlers to announce their retirement, namely Eric Tyler and Enforcer Roberts. It was time to go to bed. Hopefully 2014 would be an even better year.

Archived