MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[I][SIZE="3"]And the Verdict...[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Thursday of Week 2, February 2014[/I][/B] U.S. District Court, Minneapolis That morning, both Amy and Copeland delivered their closing arguments. In light of everything that had happened, Copeland’s came off desperate, almost as if he were pleading with the jury to disregard everything they had heard and just find for his clients anyway. Amy’s was more rational, pointing out that what had happened to the plaintiffs, while bad for them, was done with no malice and was simply business as usual. The jury was out for two hours. When they came back in, I tried to read their faces to see what they thought. They didn’t leave me waiting for long. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“We find for the defendant.”[/COLOR] I almost whooped for joy. Amy hugged me and I thanked her profusely for her hard work. As I left the courtroom, the plaintiffs glared at me and I realized that those bridges were sufficiently burned. Pity. They only had themselves to blame. And then I came face to face with Tommy. He looked me up and down and slapped me on the shoulder. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Take care of my cousin, kid. Who knows? Maybe if he does well enough, I’ll steal him from you.”[/COLOR] I returned his grin. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You can certainly try.”[/COLOR]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]MID-WEST MARKDOWN: From Scopes to Scap By Dave 'Cornellicious' Wynne[/B] Yes, the ridiculous monkey trial has arrived in professional wrestling. I've finished reviewing all the media coverage I can find, and I've reached a major conclusion. I'd do Scap's lawyer. Seriously. I would rock that chick's world. But anyway. I gotta come clean and admit it; I did not see the Rev's true colours coming. I was a fan of the guy and his work back in the indies. I was honestly saddened when Sabbath's death led to the Rev, too, calling it a day. And I was overjoyed when he came back at the start of the MWA. I don't really want to believe what was said. I don't think I can avoid it, given how he reacted. Suffice it to say I'll be watching the investigation and likely criminal trial with interest. It's also a day I'm proud to have retained my old handle; Tommy handled himself with something regarding dignity, even if I've got to suspect that had something to do, in part, with Edward's career currently residing in Scap's admittedly capable hands. ...Man, all this and I haven't gone near the wrasslin'. Lessee... Programs tend to be by the numbers, at least to start with. The best ones take on a life of their own, organic complexity spreading, one-two-three progressing to pi and all the rest. Let's take the Gauge/Mainstream/Junior/Jay mishmash as an example. I wasn't a huge fan of the initial there-and-back-again plots involving Sam Keith and his kids. Dad hates boys, boys love dad, they fight, feud ends, later feud requires them to be a happy family... yadda yadda yadda seen it before, right? At least the three of 'em can wrestle, meaning that what the feud missed out in originality it made up for in mat skills, which came to the surface again with Team Gauge. It's by the numbers, but then, Team Gauge was simple; these are good wrestlers. They want recognition and respect. They wrestle to achieve it. Whether or not this is new doesn't matter so much; the point is in the performance. Then came the cult leader who claimed to be father to my favourite pasta recipe. This... sat oddly with me, but OK. Anyway, the central purpose of the gimmick is again simple and can be supported simply by good wrestling, if wrestling more in line with a brawling philosophy. And we saw some of the most aggressive submission holds I've seen, along with some good storytelling and some breakaway singles work from the Gauges. And then it started to suck others in, and now we have a monster ball of momentum rolling across the MWA generated by Angry Gilmore, who probably couldn't have done it without claiming to be Furious Spice Father, or not so effectively. And now it's starting to go all over the place, like KARMA did. Which is where it gets interesting...

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on the Pop! Network; Replayed on TV Mex[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 2, February 2014[/I] Held at Centerpiece Bridge in the Mid-Atlantic Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Marc du Bois came out and said that he had been giving it some thought. It wasn’t just that he thought he was better than Cameron Vessey. It’s that he completely disagreed with Wanda’s assessment that Cameron was the best rookie on the roster. Marc said he’d been watching MWA shows for a while and there was one name that stood out above the others: Josh Jones. Marc said that if he wanted to really test himself against a rising star, he would want to fight Josh tonight. He called Josh out for a good, old fashioned brawl. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. JOSH JONES[/B] Wouldn’t you know it. Bad chemistry scuttles what could have otherwise been a pretty good match. Marc especially looked dangerous in the ring but Josh held his own quite well. After a hard fought battle, Marc got Josh down and tapping with a Model Solution. WINNER: [B]Marc du Bois [/B]in 9:47 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) Marc du Bois celebrated his victory by shaking Josh’s hand and raising his hand in victory as well. But a second later, Cameron Vessey hit the ring and attacked Marc. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) In a pre-recorded segment, Aaron Andrews said that he was accepting the match against Liberty against his better judgment. He seemed pretty upset that it meant relinquishing his refereeing duties and that he couldn’t be at Centerpiece Bridge tonight since he was getting some training since he was [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“just a referee.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. JOEY POISON[/B] And this may be the last match we’ll see Joey Poison in. There have been a couple of things against him. First is his injury. He tried to work through it but as near as I can tell, it took a permanent toll on him. For another, since he’s the head booker of 4C, I’ve never been able to get him into a written contract. Given the fact that his latent injury keeps hampering him (as it did tonight), I’m thinking it’s best to just let him go. Which is why, in the end of the match, J-Ro picked up the win with the J-Rocker. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 8:56 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) After the match, J-Ro went backstage and ran into Mainstream. Mainstream actually looked kind of chipper and said that he had finally figured things out. J-Ro asked what he was going to do, but he wouldn’t tell, saying he wanted to save the surprise. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) Jay Chord came out to the ring and said he was about to have a match. But before that happened, he wanted to talk to “[I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I].” He then switched to calling him “Angry Gilmore,” saying he wasn’t going to dignify Angry by giving him such a fancy title. He then lit into Angry, saying that he was sick and tired of him and his boys running roughshod over the MWA. He put it simply: there wasn’t enough room in the MWA for both of them. He wanted a career vs. career match at “Destined for Glory.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) [B]JAY CHORD vs. BRADLEY BLAZE[/B] Ewwww. Stinker of a match thanks to bad chemistry (checking my notes, it’s Jay who has bad chemistry with the most workers). At any rate, Jay knocked Brad around until he finally finished him with a Super DDT. The minute he won, though, he leapt to his feet and stared in the camera, leading Jason to speculate Jay was trying to send a message to someone. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 7:37 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] D+[/COLOR] 9) Serene Jean Cattley found Des Davids backstage and got in his face, saying that playtime was over. Des laughed and told Jean to settle down before he blew a gasket or something. Jean said there would be no more games between them. It was time to settle things once and for all. He challenged Des to step into the ring with him at “Destined for Glory.” Des smiled lazily and said it would be his pleasure. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the response 10) [B]LIBERTY vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] Tonight’s show could be subtitled “Bad Chemistry on Display.” Yet another match dragged down by the bad chemistry. Thankfully Liberty put Thomas out of his misery relatively quickly. WINNER: [B]Liberty[/B] in 6:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Before the ring announcer could declare Liberty the winner, Aaron Andrews came out of nowhere and reversed the decision! He claimed that Liberty cheated by using a foreign object. Liberty was furious and went after him, but Aaron got out of there. The real ref reversed the reversal. Liberty would remain the true victor. Liberty didn’t seem all that pleased. He seemed more frustrated than anything. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) Mainstream Hernandez came out to the ring in a tux. That surprised Jason and Emma, who wondered what was going on. Jason then realized that [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. You don’t suppose....”[/COLOR] Whatever was going on, Mainstream called Junior out to join him. She came out but looked extremely wary. Mainstream poetically described how happy she made him, how he had fallen in love with her the first day he saw her, and how he couldn’t imagine his life without her. He dropped to a knee and produced a ring box. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Kumiko Nomura, will you marry me?”[/COLOR] Junior seemed torn. Mainstream picked up on her uncertainty and it threw him a bit. He started babbling, saying that they wouldn’t have a long engagement. So far as Mainstream was concerned, they could hop a flight to Vegas and be married tomorrow. Then he would take her on a lengthy honeymoon, maybe back to Japan to see her mom, maybe spending a couple weeks or even a month or two just enjoying each other. Junior finally put a finger to Mainstream’s lips. She smiled and took the mic, ready to give her answer. And then Matthew Gauge’s music cut her off. Matt strode out and smirked at the couple. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, don’t let me stop you from answering, Junior,” [/COLOR]he said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But before you make such a life changing decision, I just wanted to let you know that I’m ready to face you in the ring again. That is what you want, right?”[/COLOR] Junior’s eyes flashed and a predatory smile tugged at her lips. But Matt wasn’t done yet. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But this is a limited time offer. If you want to face me, it’ll have to be next week on [I]Blade’s Edge[/I]. So that’d mean no quicky Vegas wedding, no honeymoon to the Orient. You’ve got a choice. Either domestic bliss with Moonstruck Mainstream, or what you really want, another shot at me in the ring!”[/COLOR] Junior did not look happy. She looked between Mainstream and Matt, chewing on her lower lip. Mainstream looked to be on the verge of tears, but he finally snatched back the mic and told her to think about it. He’d give her a couple of hours. He knew she’d make the right choice. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the proposal; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the indecision 13) Chance Fortune came out to the ring and he said that Jay had the right idea in going after Angry. He too was sick of Angry Gilmore and his freak show followers. That’s why tonight, he was going to face Greg Gauge for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship.... His rant was cut off in mid-sentence by Ernest Youngman’s entrance music. Chance dropped into a ready stance, leaving Jason to wonder if Ernest was really going to break the no-contact order issued by Nemesis. He wasn’t. He came out and smirked at Chance and then strode around the ring and took an empty chair at the announce table, tugging on a headset. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the rant; [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] for the interruption 14) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE (c) vs. GREG GAUGE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] At least we ended strong. Chance and Greg put on a great match, one that Greg actually looked poised to win a few times. That was due to Chance’s distraction at having Ernest at ringside. At one point, the action spilled out to ringside. Chance, rather than capitalize, seemed more worried that Ernest would attack him from behind. That didn’t happen and it was Greg who took advantage, tossing Chance into the ring steps. Ernest, for his part, delivered scathing commentary on Chance’s performance. But he eventually fell silent as Chance rallied and finally knocked Greg out with a vicious Stroke of Luck. WINNER: [B]Chance Fortune [/B]in 11:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] That last match saved us. We got a rating of 7.45. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Marc du Bois defeated Josh Jones [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Bradley Blaze [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Liberty defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Chance Fortune (c) defeated Greg Gauge to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING -[COLOR="blue"] B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[B][I]Friday of Week 2, February 2014[/I][/B] From ProWrestlingHits.com – [QUOTE][B]Fallout[/B] The so-called “wrestling trial of the century” is over. Now, as the dust settles, we can get a better picture as to who the real winners and losers are. The obvious winner is John “Scapino” Otte and the MWA. Say what you will about his hiring practices, the jury found that he didn’t do anything wrong. And really, if you think about it, he didn’t. He simply followed a practice that Richard Eisen himself instituted back during the final days of the territory system. Speaking of Mr. Eisen, he’s the biggest loser out of the bunch. Rumor has it he bought into Howard Barris’s tale hook, line, and sinker and rallied the other promoters to the cause. He’s the one who rode herd on everyone as the case started to unravel. And he’s also the one who will pay the biggest price. Surprising everyone, Judge Jacobs ordered the plaintiffs to pay for Scapino’s court costs. Our sources tell us that the other promoters turned on Richard and insisted that Richard foot that bill. While Richard resisted at first, he was apparently cowed into submission by, of all people, Preston Holt and Tommy Cornell, who (according to rumors) quietly suggested that if Richard didn’t, they would sue him for maliciously stealing talent from them. But it’s not just Richard Eisen’s who has felt the bite from the trial. Howard Barris has become something of a pariah in the wrestling world. While he was working for NYCW and CZCW as an announcer, its unknown if he’ll be keeping that position for long, especially since the feds are apparently discussing opening a case against him. In an interesting turn of events, Sam Keith has also suffered in the aftermath of the trial. Keith had been working for both the MWA and the SWF, serving the latter as their head booker. Apparently Richard didn’t want to share talent with Scapino anymore and fired him. Keith will likely land on his feet, though, since it’s rumored that Scapino immediately offered Keith a written contract. In the end, what could have wound up reshaping the American wrestling landscape didn’t. It instead merely provided us with an interesting diversion. Which, come to think of it, is what professional wrestling is supposed to do, isn’t it?[/QUOTE]

You won the trial! :) Though I have to say, as trials go in the world today, that was incredibly fast paced. It should have lasted somewhere around 18 months game time...of course, for story purposes, can't really do that, but talk about speedy justice! I do envy your way of working the outside world into your diary relatively smoothly.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 3, February 2014[/I] Held at Shakeshaft Auditorium in the Great Lakes Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) In a video shot after last week’s Firestorm ended, Mainstream Hernandez was waiting in an airport, still wearing his tux. He anxiously looked over the crowd and then a brilliant smile lit up his face as Junior stepped up to him. He was eager and ready to go to Vegas ... but then he noticed her downturned face. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’m sorry, Mainstream,” [/COLOR]she whispered. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I can’t.”[/COLOR] She handed the ring back to him. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I asked Nemesis for the match against Matt and he gave it to me.”[/COLOR] She kissed him on the cheek and walked away. Mainstream had an odd look, a mixture of rage and sorrow, storming across his face. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) Back live at the arena, Angry Gilmore came out to the ring and informed Jay Chord that the match was on. He would face Jay at “Destined for Glory,” noting that the name was appropriate. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“One of us is destined for glory ... and it is not you.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="darkgreen"]B-[/COLOR] 3) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. ANGRY GILMORE[/B] Much to my surprise, Izaak was the star of the match even though he wound up taking a severe beating. Angry toyed with him for most of the match before finally stepping things up and taking him out with an Anger Unleashed. WINNER: [B]Angry Gilmore [/B]in 8:44 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Nemesis was backstage with Chance Fortune and Ernest Youngman. Nemesis stood between them to keep them from doing anything stupid. He said that, in preparation for this Sunday, he had booked both men in warm-up matches. He told Ernest that he had a tune-up match with KC Glenn. Jason exploded on commentary, saying that was ridiculous, that KC was still a rookie. As for Chance? Nemesis didn’t book him in a title shot, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“seeing as you’re probably still feeling a bit sore from that beatdown you got last week.” [/COLOR]So instead, Nemesis booked him a nice, easy match ... namely a handicap match against the Gauge Brothers. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 5) Thomas Morgan careened down the hallway backstage, jabbering about voices that were talking to him. Most of the backstage personnel looked worried. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) Mainstream was backstage in his locker room. He looked ... well, blank. He simply stared at the wall in front of him and didn’t seem to be aware where he was or what was going on around him. A backstage worker finally popped his head into the room and told him he was in the ring next. Mainstream sat there for another second or two before getting up and leaving the room, his face still expressionless. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. AARON ANDREWS[/B] Jason explained that tonight was Aaron Andrews’s first match in the MWA as a wrestler, not a referee. He wondered if Aaron would remember the distinction. In the early going, he didn’t. He actually argued with referee Jez McArthuer over whether or not Jez did a good enough job checking Mainstream for weapons. But then Mainstream surprised everyone by viciously attacking Aaron. Emma said that someone had lit a fire under Mainstream, leading him to a simply incredible match, one filled with intensity and a lot of high spots. In the end, Mainstream almost broke Aaron’s neck with a Super Kick. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 7:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) Mainstream got out of the ring and stormed into the back. Aaron, in the meantime, wobbled to his feet and got a mic. He started to say that Mainstream had broken some rule (but his words were thick and slurred, so we couldn’t really tell which rule it was) and so he was going to reverse the .... That’s as far as he got before he took a header to the mat again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) Cameron Vessey appeared on screen and mocked Marc du Bois for the way Cameron punked him out last week. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) Junior left her locker room and rounded a corner, only to come face to face with Matthew Gauge. Matt smirked at her and said she made the right choice ... or did she? He started to paint a picture of Mainstream crying crocodile tears over losing her, then went on to say that Junior didn’t deserve a man as loyal and caring as Mainstream. Matt called her a loser, saying that unless she tapped into her anger, she’d never amount to anything. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) [B]JUNIOR vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] Great match on the heels of the previous. Junior seemed to take Matt’s words to heart and really tried to take him down fast and hard. Matt proved to be an elusive adversary for her, though, and kept dancing out of the way. At the same time, Matt couldn’t take Junior out either. In desperation, he finally started to rip the turnbuckle off a corner, exposing the steel. As soon as he did, though, Jez stopped him and ordered him away from the corner. Jez started to fix things again, but then stopped as Mainstream Hernandez charged the ring. Jez got out of the ring and intercepted Mainstream, holding him back and ordering him out of the ringside area. During his distraction, Matt hoisted Junior up for a snake eyes onto the exposed steel corner, then put her in the Proton Lock for good measure. Jez, after sending Mainstream to the back under escort by security, turned around, saw that Junior appeared to be out, and then went in. After confirming it, he called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge [/B]in 9:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 12) Matt wasn’t done with Junior. He kicked and stomped on her, yelling for her to get with it, release her anger, and show him what she had. She, naturally, didn’t respond. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) [B]FUTURE THREAT vs. THE JOEYS[/B] Okay, this is probably the last match that Joey Poison will ever have with us. He still was held back by his injury. In the end, Steven Parker finished Joey Beauchamp off with a Future Shock. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 9:53 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 14) Des Davids cut an interview backstage, where he promised Serene Jean Cattley that Sunday, he was coming to reclaim “his” Regional Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 15) [B]KC GLENN vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] Ernest was in solid control in the opening minutes, so much so that he simply played with KC, knocking him around, mussing his hair, seemingly completely unconcerned. He finally, lazily, rolled him up into a pinning predicament, only to have KC keep the roll going to Ernest wound up pinned and almost beaten. Ernest was a bit wary after that, not playing quite as much but clearly still not taking KC seriously as a threat. That led to another near fall. Ernest finally stepped up his game only to have KC keep up with him every step of the way. But in the end, Ernest managed to block a DDT attempt by KC and dropped him with a Good Die Young. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 11:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Good show thanks to Junior, Mainstream, Matt, Ernest, KC, and Aaron. We got a rating of 33.18. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Angry Gilmore defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez defeated Aaron Andrews [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Matthew Gauge defeated Junior [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat defeated the Joeys [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated KC Glenn [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on the Pop! Network; Replayed on TV Mex[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 3, February 2014[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Destined for Glory”[/COLOR]) Held at the Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] Jason really hyped up how it was good to see Mainstream and J-Ro in the ring together again. But it was pretty clear that Mainstream wasn’t totally in this match. He did outstanding. He was fierce and very intense, his attacks looking a bit stiff. But you could tell that he had something on his mind. The tag champs tried to keep him out of the ring, focusing their attack on Joanne Rodriguez. Emma commented that it should teach J-Ro not to get in the ring with big nasty bikers. Jason disagreed, saying that Joanne was one of the few women he knew with absolute certainty could go toe-to-toe with any man. Mainstream was finally brought in and he cleaned house, finally finishing off Ronnie V. Pain with an Apparition #14. WINNER: [B]The Latin Connection [/B]in 8:56 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) Mainstream then got the mic and revealed what was on his mind. He was furious with Matthew Gauge for what happened to Junior last night. He said he was sick of Matt’s interference in his relationship with Junior, with everything the Gauge Brother did. He said he was going to end it all this Sunday. He dared Matt to get into the ring with him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) [B]KC GLENN vs. CAMERON VESSEY[/B] KC was obviously still feeling the after effects of his beatdown by Ernest Youngman from the previous night. He tried to shake it off but you could tell there were a few times when his body just did not want to cooperate with what he was trying to do. It was little surprise that Cameron won it after a Vessey Driver. WINNER: [B]Cameron Vessey [/B]in 10:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Aaron Andrews was looking at himself in a mirror. He sported a massive black eye that seemed to still be hurting him. Liberty appeared behind him and commented that it looked painful. Andrews spun around and dropped into a ready stance. Liberty told him to relax, that he was actually thinking of going easy on him this Sunday. After all, as he showed last night, he wasn’t much of a fighter. Aaron took exception to that and got in Liberty’s face, saying that he would prove him wrong. He said he was looking forward to stepping into the ring with a veritable veteran like Liberty. He just hoped Liberty wouldn’t break a hip. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Jason really hyped this up as the first ever meeting of two fantastic wrestlers. He said it was a testament to how great “Destined for Glory” really was: we had to give this match away for free. Emma sourly commented that that was a great financial plan. It was an okay match. With a bit more build-up, it might have been something spectacular. As it was, Jay and Marc put on an impressive show until finally, Jay took Marc down with a Super DDT. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 11:22 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) Jay and Marc shook hands afterwards, only to have Jay run over by Angry Gilmore and the Gauge Brothers. Marc tried to intervene but they tossed him over the top rope and assaulted Jay, stomping him to the mat. As Greg and Angry kept working on Jay, Matt got a mic and said that he would accept Mainstream’s challenge and went so far as to suggest that they make it a 30-minute Iron Man match. That way they could see whose emotions would sustain them longer: Mainstream’s love or Matt’s fury. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the acceptance 7) [B]JOSH JONES vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] An okay match. Thomas put on a rather interesting performance, sometimes “switching off” in the middle of a match. He’d be going full bore, only to slump over and stare off into space. Oftentimes he would do it just as he was about to deliver some devastating blow, leaving Josh looking a little confused. At one point, Josh shoved Thomas over with one finger and Thomas crashed to the mat. The impact roused him. In the end, Thomas put up enough of a fight that Josh had to resort to the Canadian Backdrop to finish him, but as the camera zoomed in on Thomas’s face, it was clear he had checked out again while pinned. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 9:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) Even after the match was over, Thomas lay on his back, staring at the lights. Referee Eugene Williams seemed a bit concerned and poked him a few times. Thomas finally sprung to his feet, shouting he was ready for the match to begin. Eugene tried to explain that it was over but Thomas didn’t buy that. He told Eugene to get ready for a hardcore match and then went to ringside, pulling a bunch of junk out from under the ring. He then clambered back under the ropes and signaled for the bell to ring. Eugene shrugged to the timekeeper and the bell rang. Thomas then put on an impressive one-man hardcore match, bashing himself in the head with a kendo stick, a stop sign, a trashcan, and finally a piece of plywood. He then somehow managed to roll himself up into a pinning predicament and screamed at Eugene to count quickly since he didn’t know how long he could hold himself. Eugene did so, looking extremely confused. Thomas then scampered out of the ring, waffling between looking both angry and elated at the same time. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) Serene Jean Cattley appeared on screen and said that Des Davids had finally roused him and made him ready for a fight. He said that he would be the one holding on to the title come Sunday. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE vs. THE GAUGE BROTHERS [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a handicap match[/COLOR] Good end to the show. Chance did not look happy to be in this predicament but the minute the bell rang, he was all business. And he acquitted himself well. Both Greg and Matt had a hard time keeping up with him at times as Chance took to the air. But the brothers had a few tricks up their sleeves, once again trading places without tagging. Referee Jez McArthuer was none the wiser as they did. As good as Chance was, it was Matt (much to my surprise) who came out looking best. But it was Greg who wound up taking Chance down and getting him to tap with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Chance Fortune [/B]in 14:37 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] As the show went off the air, Emma and Jason went over the card for “Destined for Glory” -- [B]LIBERTY vs. AARON ANDREWS [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. CAMERON VESSEY [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]JAY CHORD vs. ANGRY GILMORE in [COLOR="Purple"]a career vs. career match [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR]) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. MATTHEW GAUGE in [COLOR="purple"]a 30-Minute Iron Man Match [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR]) [B]FUTURE THREAT vs. AGONY’S BIKERS (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY (c) vs. DES DAVIDS for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE (c) vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN for [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad but not quite as strong as I would have hoped going into a Pay-Per-View. We got a rating of 8.19. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]The Latin Connection defeated Agony’s Bikers[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Cameron Vessey defeated KC Glenn[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Marc du Bois [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]The Gauge Brothers defeated Chance Fortune in [COLOR="Purple"]a handicap match[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, predictions, comments, whatever are welcome.

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 3, February 2014 -[/I][/B] In a move that sure surprised me, Phoenix I was given the head booking position in the SWF. I never thought that would happen! I thought for sure that Richard would have given the job to Eric or someone else inside the company. Hmmm. The SWF might bear watching for a while.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"][B]“Destined for Glory”[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [I]Sunday of Week 3, February 2014[/I] Held at the Mayor Street Arena in the New England Territory 15,000 in attendance – SOLD OUT!; Buy-rate of 2.18[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) And they hyped up the major matches we had tonight: Angry Gilmore and Jay Chord in a career vs. career match ([COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR]) Mainstream Hernandez and Matthew Gauge in a 30-Man Iron Man Match ([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) Chance Fortune defending the MWA World Heavyweight Championship against Ernest Youngman ([COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR]) 2) Nemesis was backstage with Ernest Youngman. He psyched Ernest up, saying that he had a good feeling about tonight. He knew that Ernest would come away with the championship. Ernest smiled grimly and said that it was all in the bag. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) [B]LIBERTY vs. AARON ANDREWS[/B] Aaron still came out to the ring wearing a slightly abbreviated version of his referee uniform. Liberty came out to a good ovation as well. It wasn’t that bad of a match. Once again, Aaron took exception with some of the calls that Jez McArthuer made. Liberty let him argue the first two times. The third, he rolled Aaron up quickly but Aaron was able to kick out. The match continued until finally, Aaron took Liberty out with a pretty good Flying Body Press. WINNER: [B]Aaron Andrews [/B]in 9:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Aaron went a little nuts, racing around the ring and insisting that Jez raise his hand several times. Jez, you could tell, was disgusted by the celebration. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) Mainstream Hernandez appeared on screen and said that tonight, he wasn’t just going to beat Matthew Gauge. He fully intended to end his career. It turned out that Jay Chord was standing nearby. He promised the exact same thing for Angry tonight as well, only he wouldn’t have to hurt Angry to do it. He’d just have to pin him. And Jay said he was going to do just that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) In another backstage area, Angry was watching on a monitor. His top lip twitched and he turned to Greg and Matt, who flanked him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know what to do.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) A video played, reviewing the feud between Angry and Jay. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. CAMERON VESSEY[/B] Great match. I’m hoping this doesn’t mean we’re going to peak early. Marc and Cameron tore it up in the ring with lots of big power moves. Marc and Cameron traded control of the match as the momentum shifted wildly from one man to the other. In the end, though, it was Wanda Fish who made all the difference. Wanda tripped Marc up at ringside, sending him crashing into the mat. Cameron then finished Marc off with a Vessey Driver and picked up the win. WINNER: [B]Cameron Vessey [/B]in 11:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 9) Kristen Pearce appeared backstage with Agony’s Bikers and she hyped them up as the baddest tag team ever. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) Jay was headed to the ring when Greg and Matt Gauge attacked him. They tossed him into the cinderblock walls, into piles of equipment, and smashed him over the head. Greg then snared him by the hair and dragged him out to the ring. Matt turned to the camera and addressed Mainstream. He said that Mainstream could try to end his career, but Matt said that no matter what happened, the victory was already his. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]B [/COLOR]for the hype 11) [B]JAY CHORD vs. ANGRY GILMORE [/B]in a [COLOR="Purple"]career vs. career match[/COLOR] We’re on something of a roll right now! Great match. Even though Jay was busted open from the pre-match attack, he put up as good of a fight as he could. But Angry simply overwhelmed him at points. In spite of that, Angry couldn’t quite get Jay pinned down easily. Jay kept slipping through or kicking out. Frustration grew in Angry’s face and Jay was able to get “[I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I]” almost pinned a few times. But in the end, as Jay tried to set Angry up for the Super DDT, Angry blocked it, spun around Jay’s body, and turned it into an Anger Unleashed. Angry then celebrated the fact that Jay was gone from the MWA. WINNER: [B]Angry Gilmore [/B]in 15:52 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 12) Thomas Morgan wandered through the backstage area, jabbing himself in the stomach with a fork. People tried to ignore him, but the fact that he was giggling maniacally didn’t help matters. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 13) Future Threat appeared on camera and they mocked the Bikers, saying that gimmicky acts like them went out back in the ‘80s. They said that they weren’t out of style, they weren’t stuck in the past. Steven Parker was the Future and Davis Wayne Newton was the Triple Threat. They said that tonight, after a long hiatus, they would reclaim the MWA Tag Team Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 14) A video played, reminding folks of the on-going feud over Junior between Mainstream Hernandez and Matthew Gauge. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 15) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. MATTHEW GAUGE [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a 30-Minute Iron Man Match[/COLOR] Great match. I knew this was something of a risk with Mainstream (not with Matt. The man could wrestle all night and not break a sweat). But it was a gamble that paid off. Matt jawed at Mainstream a bit, mocking him and pretending to cry crocodile tears over Junior not marrying him. That set Mainstream off and he lit into Matt, wailing on him and using his superior speed and flying abilities to stun the slightly bigger man. Matt tried to fight back but Mainstream had clearly captured the opening momentum, finally taking Matt down with an Apparition #14 for a pin. Jason crowed over the fact that Mainstream scored “first blood,” but Emma sagely pointed out that he had twenty-two minutes to go yet. As Matt got to his feet, it was pretty obvious that he was on his guard. He slowed things down and managed to blunt most of Mainstream’s high energy offense by relying on a number of holds and clinches to keep Mainstream grounded. After ten minutes of duking it out, Matt managed to get Mainstream down and pinned, bringing the match 1-1. Mainstream then picked up his game again, only this time it was clear he was going to make good on his promise to hurt Matt. He came close several times, only to have Matt weasel his way out of whatever the attack was. Finally, Mainstream went for another Apparition #14, only to have Matt catch him out of the air. Matt then slammed him to the mat and tied him up in a Proton Lock. The clock reached thirty seconds as Mainstream tried to claw his way to the ropes. But it was no good. Matt simply pulled him back to the middle. The crowd started to cheer to get Mainstream to rally, but it was no use. With five seconds on the clock, Mainstream tapped out. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge (2-1)[/B] in 30:00 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 16) Matt laughed at the fallen Mainstream and shoved his head around with his boot. He then rolled out of the ring and got a steel chair. He brought it back in and paced around Mainstream, as if unsure of what to do with it. He then smiled wickedly and threaded Mainstream’s leg through the chair, making it clear he was going to attempt to shatter Mainstream’s knee. Before he could, though, Junior charged out to the ring with a chair of her own. Matt bailed, leaving Junior to slide under the ropes. She glared at Matt, but then smiled. She turned and, as Jason gasped in shock, used her chair to smash the chair on Mainstream’s leg. She rained down blows on Mainstream’s back until her chair was twisted and bent. Matt joined her in the ring and pulled her close and then the two made out in the ring! [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What is going on?” [/COLOR]Jason demanded. Matt and Junior didn’t answer any questions. They left the ring with their arms wrapped around each other as paramedics swarmed the ring to tend to Mainstream. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the “rescue;” [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the making out 17) To cover for the paramedics, Jason Azaria introduced a video package about Primus Allen and his recent winning streak. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 18) [B]FUTURE THREAT vs. AGONY’S BIKERS (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A good breather match. Appropriate since Ronnie was left out of breath by this match. Grumble grumble. At any rate, the Bikers tried their best to keep the challengers under control, but Parker and Davis were simply too much for them. Before anyone knew what was happening, Davis had taken Lead Belly down with an STF. Ronnie tried to intervene, but Parker charged in and took him out with a Future Shock. Lead Belly had no choice but to tap. WINNER: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 11:45 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 19) Chance Fortune cut a promo on Ernest Youngman, saying that tonight, Ernest’s position as the boss’s golden boy wouldn’t be able to help him. He said he had beaten Ernest once already. Tonight he’d do it again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 20) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY (c) vs. DES DAVIDS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Great match! These two really tore it up. Jean dropped all pretenses of being “serene” in the match, staying focused and intense as he battled it out with Des. The two really stepped up their game and Emma predicted that either one could someday be a threat to Chance’s World Heavyweight Championship. But in the end, Jean took Des out with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Serene Jean Cattley [/B]in 12:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 21) Chance Fortune was seen heading to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 22) A video played, hyping Chance’s feud with Ernest. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 23) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE (c) vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Phenomenal match. King Midas strikes again, although there was a lack of selling in the match. I don’t really care though. Neither did the fans. Chance and Ernest duked it out in and around the ring for nearly a half hour. Chance was able to play up some supposed “injuries” from earlier this week that seemed to hamper him a little. Ernest looked incredible as he battered on Chance. In the end, it was Ernest who ended things with a Good Die Young. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 23:57 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 24) Ernest was handed the championship belt and he celebrated his win. Then Nemesis came out and applauded his efforts. Ernest got the mic to say something, but Nemesis took it away from him. He congratulated Ernest for getting the win, but he somehow managed to turn the praise back onto himself, as if he were the one who engineered it all. That’s when Ernest suddenly lashed out and kicked Nemesis in the gut. He then hit a Good Die Young on the boss and strutted out of the ring, a smile on his face. The show ended with Nemesis laid out unconscious in the middle of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] One of the best shows we’ve ever done, I think. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Destined for Glory”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Aaron Andrews defeated Liberty [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Cameron Vessey defeated Marc du Bois [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Angry Gilmore defeated Jay Chord in [COLOR="Purple"]a career vs. career match [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Matthew Gauge defeated Mainstream Hernandez 2-1 in [COLOR="purple"]a 30 Minute Iron Man Match[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat defeated Agony’s Bikers (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Serene Jean Cattley (c) defeated Des Davids to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Chance Fortune (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 4, February 2014[/I] Held at the Missouri State Armoury in the Mid West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the crowd. 1) Nemesis came out to the ring, limping a little bit. He looked pretty sour and Jason couldn’t blame him after the way Ernest turned on him the other night. Once the crowd settled down a bit, Nemesis addressed Ernest. He said he didn’t know why Ernest attacked him. He said maybe he was just a little on edge after winning his title. He was a big enough guy and said he would have been willing to forgive the attack. But for the past couple of days, Nemesis has been trying to get Ernest on the phone but with no luck. So he has to assume that Ernest is ignoring him. And that just won’t do. So he’s booking Ernest in a title defense for tonight ... against Marc du Bois! But that wasn’t the only news. Speaking of Marc, Nemesis said he was really impressed with what Marc and Cameron did this past Sunday. So he’s booking them in a best of five series. Starting tomorrow night on Firestorm, we’d see one match a week between those two, finally culminating at “Battleground.” RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the first match announcement; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the series announcement 2) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] The crowd popped a bit as Primus returned to the ring. He simply devastated Ota in the match, finally putting him down with a running powerslam. Jason crowed this brought the streak to 10-0. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 7:42 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) Backstage, Angry Gilmore met with the Gauge Brothers. He said he was very proud of Matt for putting Mainstream down. He said that he would have a new assignment for both of them soon. But he went on to say he knew there was other business to discuss. Junior stepped into the shot. Angry asked if she had thought it over. She said she had. She wants to be his disciple. Angry said he remembered her request from this past Sunday after the show. He reminded her she had to complete a series of tests before she would be welcome as his pupil. Had she completed the first test? She said she had and then directed Angry’s attention to a video monitor. The monitor came to life to show Junior going through a hospital corridor. Several doctors and nurses tried to stop her, but she charged into a room where Mainstream lay in a bed, his leg in a cast. Before he could react, she tackled him out of the bed and beat the ever loving crap out of him, bashing him in the head with whatever she could get her hands on. She finally dusted off her hands and strode out of the room with a confident smile. As the tape ended, Angry congratulated her on taking the first step. Now, though, she would have to prove herself ... by taking on the rest of his students. Tonight, she would get her fondest wish: to face Matt in the ring. Matt, rather than looking worried or upset, looked quite pleased with the news. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B- [/COLOR]for the initial meeting; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the match announcement 4) [B]EDWARD CORNELL (c) vs. THOMAS MORGAN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Thomas came out to the ring swatting at unseen insects that he apparently thought were swarming around his head. Once the bell rang, he tried to focus on the match but there were times when he was more worried about the invisible pests than Edward. He was about to get Edward in the Camel Clutch when he appeared to be overwhelmed by the bugs. He ran screaming from the ring and did laps around it. Referee Shane Stones didn’t seem to know what to make of that but finally counted Thomas out. WINNER: [B]Edward Cornell by count-out [/B]in 6:24 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5) Thomas didn’t seem to mind the fact that he lost. He was too busy trying to clean himself off from the bugs. When that didn’t seem to work, he finally dove over the security railing and fled the arena. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) [B]JUNIOR vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] Matt didn’t seem at all concerned the times that Junior took the lead in the match. If anything, he seemed to be egging her on, almost as if daring her to lose control and give in to her anger. There were a few times where he pinned her, only to lift her shoulder at two. He’d then taunt her and shove her around a bit. It worked. Junior finally exploded, overwhelming Matt with blows before taking him down and getting him to tap with a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 11:50 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) Aaron Andrews appeared on screen and mocked Liberty over the fact that he beat him. He said that it was a foregone conclusion the whole time, especially since Aaron is so much smarter than Liberty. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) [B]FUTURE THREAT (c) vs. THE JOEYS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] I keep saying it, but this one is definitely the last match that we’ll see Joey Poison in. I can say that with confidence because tonight’s his last show. Davis and Parker looked incredible in the ring. They were smooth, they were coordinated, they showed why they deserved to hold championship gold. In the end, Parker took out Joey Beauchamp with a Future Shock. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 10:05 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Marc du Bois appeared on screen and briefly talked about losing to Cameron Vessey this past Sunday. He said, thanks to Nemesis, they would have a real opportunity to see who the better wrestler was. But he then moved on to tonight’s match. He said it was good to be in a championship match, even if it is one chance. He said Ernest Youngman was a scary competitor, scary good, but he was in for a rude awakening. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) A video played, reminding fans of how the match between Ernest and Chance Fortune ended this past Sunday, with Ernest claiming the World Heavyweight Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Great match! Both men brought their “A” game and the crowd really got into the match as the battle raged in the ring and around it. Marc scored the first near fall but Ernest answered back shortly thereafter with one of his own. In the end, Ernest managed to block an attempted Marc of Excellence and somehow managed to turn it into a Good Die Young. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 15:24 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] The explosive main event really kicked this show up a notch. We got a rating of 31.40. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Primus Allen defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Edward Cornell (c) defeated Thomas Morgan to retain the MWA Rising Star Title [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Matthew Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat (c) defeated the Joeys to retain the MWA Tag Team Championship [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman (c) defeated Marc du Bois to retain the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on the Pop! Network; Replay on TV Mex[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 4, February 2014[/I] Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid South Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) The announcers hyped the beginning of the five-match series between Marc du Bois and Cameron Vessey. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) But first things first! Ernest Youngman came out to the ring and openly mocked Nemesis. He said that Nemesis was stupid for ever trusting him in the first place. He only played along with the boss so he could get what he always wanted: gold. And now that he had it, he wasn’t about to go back to being any sort of goody-two-shoes, play by the rules. He’s a rogue, out for only himself... That’s as far as he got. Chance Fortune charged the ring and Ernest, rather than stand his ground, retreated out of the ring, Chance hot on his heels. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY (c) vs. HUGH de ASKE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] With one champ in retreat, it only seemed right to bring out another gold holder to defend his title. Jean did an admirable job, even though Hugh tried to pull out every dirty trick in his book. In the end, a Mood Swing finished off his underhanded ways. WINNER: [B]Serene Jean Cattley [/B]in 5:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Alicia Strong was waiting outside Nemesis’s office backstage when Izaak Tishcler happened by. The two exchanged a tight smile but then Izaak tried to push his way past Alicia into the office. Alicia stopped him and demanded to know what he was doing. Izaak said he was sick of being put up on the shelf. He wanted some actual in-ring time and was going in to demand that from the boss. Alicia blocked him again, saying that she was waiting to do the same thing. She pointed out that he had been in the ring more recently than she had. The two got into a heated argument about which one of them was more abused when the door banged open and Nemesis strode out. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ve had it with you two!”[/COLOR] he bellowed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You think I can’t hear your bickering in my office! You two think you’re such big shots? Let’s find out who really is better. I’m booking you two in a ten minute time limit match. Whoever can beat the other before the buzzer gets bragging rights? Okay?”[/COLOR] He slammed the door shut. Alicia glanced at Izaak and nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sounds good to me. Get ready to go down, Tischler.” “You just get ready to get spanked,”[/COLOR] Izaak said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I seem to recall you liked that.”[/COLOR] He smirked and walked away. Alicia gasped, but it was pretty clear she wasn’t offended. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, it’s so on!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Backstage, Junior knelt before Angry Gilmore. Angry said he was pleased with her performance last night, so it’s time for the next stage of her initiation into his teachings. She would once again face one of his pupils, only this time, it would be Matt’s brother, Greg. Junior nodded and looked up at him, a feral grin on her face. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It will be my pleasure, master.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) Aaron Andrews came out to the ring for the next match in his referee shirt. But before he could make it to the ring, he was attacked by Liberty, who tossed him into the security railing a few times before security came out and dragged him away. Aaron wasn’t able to get to his feet, so referee Jez McArthuer came out to take his place. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOSH JONES vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Really good match from these two. Smith seemed pretty sure of himself and didn’t take Josh as much of a threat. But with Jenny Playmate shouting encouragement from the sidelines, Josh kept after Smith and finally finished him off with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER:[B] Josh Jones [/B]in 5:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) A video played, hyping Primus Allen’s 10-0 streak. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) Wanda Fish and Cameron Vessey appeared on screen. Wanda did most of the talking, telling Marc that while he may have had time on his side at one point, he didn’t anymore. She said that destiny’s momentum was behind Cameron and he would prove it by not only beating Marc tonight, but by beating him in the series as well. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Thomas Morgan was spotted backstage, having an elaborate conversation with himself. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 11) [B]JUNIOR vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] Pretty good match from these two. Jason and Emma really played this up, Jason hoping that Junior would break free from Angry’s clutches while Emma said that he should just butt out and mind his own business, especially since Junior was doing so well. And she did well in this match, finally getting Greg to tap out with a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 9:19 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) Marc du Bois checked in, telling Wanda that she always was too overconfident for her own good. He suggested to Cameron that he not listen to his manager, that he’s going to embarrass him tonight and in the series. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Nemesis wants this to last until ‘Battleground?’ It won’t take me that long to prove I’m the better man.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 13) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Really good match from these two. Jason hyped up the fact that they knew each other so well due to their close relationship a few years back. It led to some interesting near falls and blocked moves, almost like they were reading each other’s minds. In the end, though, the time clock ran out, leaving them both surprised. WINNER: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 10:00 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 14) Ernest Youngman cautiously peeked around a corner, then sighed with relief and came around, only to almost get caught by Chance Fortune. Ernest sprinted away, Chase still after him, until Ernest dove into a car and peeled out of the parking lot, leaving a panting Chance to glare after him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 15) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. CAMERON VESSEY[/B] Hmmmmm. I think I know what the problem was. At least, I hope I know what the problem was (I forgot to give the road agent notes for these two to really open up and put on a great match). As it was, it was fair but not as spectacular as it should have been. Marc and Cameron locked up almost immediately and took each other through a series of near falls and almost pins. In the end, though, Cameron took Marc out with a Vessey Driver. WINNER: [B]Cameron Vessey [/B]in 14:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Definitely need to do better with the road agent notes next time. We got a rating of 7.95. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Serene Jean Cattley (c) defeated Hugh de Aske to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Greg Gauge[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong drew with Izaak Tischler[/I] - [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Cameron Vessey defeated Marc du Bois[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on UK Broadcasting Prime & J-Network East[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 1, March 2014[/I] Held at the McGaw Arena in the Tri State Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Chance Fortune was in the ring and did not look happy. He raged against Ernest Youngman, saying that Ernest was so quick to ambush other people and beat them down but then, when he’s faced with an almost fair fight, he bails. Chance demanded that Ernest face him in a rematch for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship. Ernest came out and basically refused, saying that he’s been there, done that, and no longer interested. He got a lot of heat for that. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the refusal 2) [B]JOSH JONES vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] Pretty good match to get things going. I made sure that the road agents had complete notes this time but it didn’t seem to give this match the extra boost I was hoping for. Not that I’m complaining. Josh battered Casey around and even did some flying (which took me by surprise) and finally put him away with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 8:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) Future Threat appeared on screen and hyped themselves up, saying that they were the best tag team around (as evidenced by their tag titles) and they were willing to step up to any challenge. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Aaron Andrews approached Nemesis backstage and demanded rather angrily that Nemesis suspend Liberty for attacking him last week. Aaron cited the rules and regs that said attacking an official was clearly against the rules. Nemesis agreed that the rules said that but pointed out that Aaron had wrestled in a match. Jez McArthuer, Shane Stones, none of the other referees would do that. The minute Aaron set foot in the ring as a competitor, he earned a rare “dual status,” one that meant he was a legitimate target. Nemesis summed it up by saying he had better watch his back, because Nemesis wasn’t going to suspend Liberty. Needless to say, Aaron was not happy about that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Once again, Junior knelt before Angry Gilmore. This time, she was flanked by the Gauge Brothers. Angry asked them if they were satisfied with how she had acquitted herself in their matches. They said they were, and Matt’s smile was almost proud. Angry said he was pleased as well. She was taking to her initial teachings well. But now she would face a greater challenge. She had beaten the sons. Now she would have to face their father. That’s right, Sam Keith was back in town and ready to test the newest member of Angry’s followers. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] ADB didn’t seem to know what to make of Thomas, who skipped out to the ring with an impish smile on his face. The match itself was kind of odd, with Thomas giggling uncontrollably throughout. It almost seemed like he was enjoying being punched and kicked a bit too much, which clearly made ADB uncomfortable. In the end, Thomas managed to get ADB tapping in a Camel Clutch. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]in 5:37 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) Thomas released ADB and somehow produced a pack of cigarettes from his trunks. He offered one to ADB, who flat out refused. That caused Thomas to break down crying and he ran from the ring, hiding his face from the cameras. ADB stared after him in surprise. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Backstage Alicia Strong and Izaak Tischler confronted each other again. Izaak bitterly complained that thanks to Alicia, he’d never be taken seriously, especially since he couldn’t beat her in ten minutes. Alicia turned the argument right back on him, saying that she had the same problem. She finally suggested that the two of them take it out to the ring again, only this time, no time limits. Izaak agreed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 9) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. RONNIE V. PAIN[/B] Pretty good match. Kristen Pearce did a good job at ringside, trying to keep Ronnie focused and on top of things. But Primus simply blew through Ronnie’s defense and soon had him down and out with a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 10:01 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) Liberty appeared on screen and mocked poor Aaron Andrews. He said Aaron only had himself to blame and shouldn’t waste anyone else’s time with whining about what happened to him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Great match from these two. Once again, Jason hyped up the fact that they knew each other so well that they were able to anticipate the other’s moves. Both scored near falls and both of them grew more and more frustrated with each other until finally, they wound up knocking each other out as Izaak tried to take Alicia out with a Crucifix Slam, only to have her grab him by the head and slam him face-first into the mat. Referee Eugene Williams stared at them in shock, not sure what to do. He finally shrugged and wound up counting them both out. WINNER: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 11:42 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) A video played, hyping the first match in the series between Marc du Bois and Cameron Veseey. It ended with a graphic, informing fans that the next match in the series would take place tomorrow night on Firestorm. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 13)[B] JUNIOR vs. SAM KEITH[/B] So much for ending on a positive note. These two did all right, but it was clear that there wasn’t much communication going on in the ring and that they weren’t on the same page. Emma and Jason did their best to explain away the awkward moves and attacks but it was pretty clear Junior and Sam didn’t click. In the end, though, Junior managed to shimmy out of an attempted Proton Lock and wound up getting Sam tripped up and into a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 13:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) Junior helped Sam to his feet. He nodded and then bowed to her. She bowed as well ... and that’s when Angry Gilmore attacked her from behind, beating her down and finally dropping her with an Anger Unleashed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad. Certainly not as bad as I thought it was going to be. We got a rating of 28.97. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Josh Jones defeated Casey Valentine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Thomas Morgan defeated Arthur Dexter Bradley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Ronnie V. Pain[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong drew with Izaak Tischler[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Sam Keith[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/B][/SIZE] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on the Pop! Network; Replayed on TV Mex, UK Broadcasting Digital, and Japanese Sports Vision 2[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 1, March 2014[/I] Held at the Huntsville Fairgrounds in the South East Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]LIBERTY vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Izaak looked pretty intense and focused out there. But Liberty simply was too much for him. The veteran took the younger man out fairly quickly with a Liberation Slam. WINNER: [B]Liberty[/B] in 6:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) Liberty celebrated in the ring, only to have Aaron Andrews run out and attack him, beating him down. Aaron focused on Liberty’s left knee. He stomped on it for a while, finally wrapping it around one of the ring posts and smashing it with the ring bell. Aaron then got the mic and told Liberty to consider himself suspended. Referee Jez MacArthuer didn’t appreciate what happened and got in Aaron’s face about it. Aaron listened to the senior referee’s tirade until he took the ring bell and smashed it across his face. Jez went down like a sack of potatoes. Aaron snarled at him and strutted out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the taunt and the attack on Jez 3) Izaak entered the backstage area, looking thoroughly disgusted with himself. He paused for a moment as someone slow-clapped for him. He turned around and glared at Alicia Strong, who laughed at him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Chance Fortune strode into Nemesis’s office and demanded that he be given a rematch against Ernest Youngman. Nemesis snarled at Chance that he was in no position to dictate anything. But he said he’d think about it. Chance didn’t look happy at being rebuffed, but he finally left the office, throwing a comment over his shoulder that he hoped Nemesis would make the right decision. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 5) Jenny Playmate came out to the ring to announce that she had a new client. Now she’d not only be representing Josh Jones, but she’d also be representing a true rising star in the MWA, Arthur Dexter Bradley! ADB came out to a wave of general indifference from the crowd. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. KC GLENN[/B] Jason and Emma did a great job of playing up this match and really, it wasn’t too bad from two relative unknowns in the MWA. They slugged it out for a while until finally, ADB took KC out with a Frog Splash. WINNER: [B]Arthur Dexter Bradley [/B]in 6:47 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Jenny got into the ring as ADB helped KC up and shook his hand. She referred to what she said before the match, saying that ADB was a true rising star. She wanted to see that come true. She challenged Edward Cornell to defend his title against ADB at “Battleground.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Angry Gilmore led Junior out to the ring. Junior looked pretty upset after the sneak attack last night on Blade’s Edge. Angry encouraged her hurt and surprise, saying she’d need it. She faced her final test tonight: [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I] himself, Angry Gilmore. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 9) [B]JUNIOR vs. ANGRY GILMORE[/B] Junior really shone in this match. Jason wistfully said it was a shame that she had fallen for Angry’s teachings. Emma countered by saying it seemed that Angry’s teachings were what allowed her to really let loose and make an impact. Angry had his hands full as Junior wailed on him and tried to take him out. She even managed to pin him twice but in the end, Angry wound up taking Junior out with an Anger Unleashed. WINNER: [B]Angry Gilmore [/B]in 11:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) And then the Gauges and Sam Keith were in the ring. Junior dropped into a fighting stance, eyeing them warily. Angry got a mic and told her to relax. She had passed the final test. Yes, she did not defeat Il Padrone Arrabiato, but she should not have expected to. She was now part of their fellowship and a full member. They applauded. Angry bowed to Junior. Greg and Sam clapped her on the back. Matt kissed her passionately. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) Thomas Morgan was backstage, wandering around and giggling maniacally. He was also frothing at the mouth a bit, which seemed to disturb some of the people who saw him. But not all of them. One young lady stepped forward and identified herself as Lauren Easter, a nurse hired by Thomas’s family. Apparently Thomas was supposed to be taking anti-psychotic drugs and had stopped a long time ago. She had been sent to get him back on his medication. Thomas was not happy to see her. When she put her hand on his arm, he shook her off and then fled, screeching loudly. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. CAMERON VESSEY[/B] Jason commented that Marc probably was smarting after his loss to Cameron last week. He would have a lot to prove. Unfortunately, he didn’t prove it tonight. Marc fought well but as Wanda cheered on her client, Cameron took Marc out with a Vessey Driver, bringing the series 2-0 in his favor. Emma crowed that Marc was going to lose it all! WINNER: [B]Cameron Vessey [/B]in 8:59 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) Ernest Youngman came out to the ring. He taunted Chance Fortune for still whining about losing the World Heavyweight Championship. He said that Chance might as well just forget it, he’ll never get it back from Ernest. He then said he wanted to “challenge” himself tonight by picking his own opponent. So he proposed a champion vs. champion match. The crowd seemed excited and started to chant for Serene Jean Cattley. Ernest laughed and said he was thinking of a different champ, namely the current holder of the MWA Rising Star Title, Edward Cornell. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) [B]EDWARD CORNELL vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Jason went on about what a coup this would be for Edward if he could capture the main event title. Emma blew off that idea and said it would never happen. It looked like Emma could have eaten her words. Edward surprised everyone by putting up a great fight, leading Jason to remind Emma that Edward has wrestling in his blood. Ernest seemed genuinely surprised at how well Edward fought back, so much so that finally, Ernest finished the match by low-blowing Edward in front of the ref. WINNER: [B]Edward Cornell by DQ [/B]in 12:26 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 15) Ernest added insult to injury by beating down Edward in the ring. But he was interrupted as Nemesis came out to the entrance. He revealed he had done some talking to the booking committee about what to do with the MWA World Heavyweight Championship. It’s been decided that there will be a six-man elimination match next week on Blade’s Edge to determine the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship. Ernest acted nonchalant but you could tell he wasn’t happy about the idea. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] And thus ends Jez McArthuer’s run with the MWA. His contract came due but because of our working arrangement with NOTBPW (whom Jez also worked for), we couldn’t sign Jez to a written deal and that’s all he wanted from us. Sad to see him go, but what are you going to do? Not too bad. Not as good as we could do, but the matches were all solid. We got a rating of 8.04. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Liberty defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Arthur Dexter Bradley defeated KC Glenn [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Angry Gilmore defeated Junior [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Cameron Vessey defeated Marc du Bois [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Edward Cornell defeated Ernest Youngman (c) by DQ, so Ernest retains [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA[I] Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on UK Broadcasting Prime & J-Network East[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 2, March 2014[/I] Held at Shakeshaft Auditorium in the Great Lakes Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) The #1 Contender match is on for tonight. It’ll be Chance Fortune vs. Marc du Bois vs. Josh Jones vs. Alicia Strong vs. Izaak Tischler vs. (a surprise to the announcers) Fumihiro Ota. But that’s not the only big match on the card for tonight. Serene Jean Cattley will be defending his MWA Regional Championship against Cameron Vessey tonight as well. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] for the #1 Contender Match; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the Cattley vs. Vessey match 2) Aaron Andrews came out to the ring for the first match in his ref’s uniform. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] Bad chemistry, but it didn’t hurt the match all that much. Primus battered Des around the ring for a while before putting him down with a Running Powerslam. But by the sour face on Aaron’s face, he didn’t like what he saw. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 9:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Backstage, Angry Gilmore met with his followers. He said it was time for them to dominate the MWA the way he knew they could. So here were their assignments: the Gauge Brothers would take on Future Threat for their tag titles. Junior was to go after Serene Jean Cattley’s Regional Championship. Sam would provide backstage support while Angry met his destiny by finally (finally!) achieving a World Heavyweight Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Edward Cornell came out to the ring and accepted the challenge from Arthur Dexter Bradley, saying that it would be his pleasure to step into the ring with him and defend his title at “Battleground.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) [B]EDWARD CORNELL (c) vs. STEVE GUMBLE[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Not too bad of a match all things considered. Steve did his level best to take Edward down and get him pinned, but in the end, Edward was able to catch Steve out of the air and slam him to the mat to get the pin. WINNER: [B]Edward Cornell [/B]in 6:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Nemesis was looking over some paperwork when Lauren Easter came into the room. She explained to Nemesis that Thomas Morgan had been prescribed anti-psychotic medication several years ago and that he had recently stopped taking them. When his family saw his erratic behavior on live TV, they hired her to come and make sure he took them. Nemesis sarcastically called her “Nurse Exposition” and asked her what that had to do with him. Lauren said Thomas wasn’t taking his meds and refused to. She was hoping he’d be able to exert some of his authority to make him do just that. Nemesis thought it over for a split second and refused, saying he wasn’t going to force one of his workers to take drugs if they didn’t want to. Before she could protest, he dismissed her. Nemesis turned back to his paperwork when a shadow fell over it. He looked up, snarling for Lauren to get out of his office, only to discover Angry Gilmore looming over him. Nemesis seemed a bit startled but he quickly hid that. He demanded to know what Angry wanted. Angry demanded that Nemesis remove someone from the #1 Contender Match tonight and give him that worker’s place. He said he deserved a shot more than anyone else, that he was Il Padrone Arrabiato, the most powerful individual in the MWA, and that he would finally (finally!) achieve his dream of holding a World Heavyweight Championship title. Nemesis listened to his self-aggrandizing speech and then laughed in his face. He said that the match was set in stone. Besides, Angry and his little cult bugged Nemesis and anything he could do to “stick it to Angry” was his pleasure. Before Angry could protest, Nemesis snared him by the back of his shirt and bodily ejected him from the office. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the Easter/Morgan business; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for Angry’s request 8) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY (c) vs. CAMERON VESSEY [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Pretty good match thanks to some good chemistry. Cameron seemed pretty confident he was going to take the championship belt away from Jean and for a while, it looked like his confidence was not misplaced. That’s especially true as Wanda subtly interjected herself in the match, tripping up Jean a few times or distracting referee Baby Jamie so Cameron could work Jean over. But in the end, Jean was able to block an attempted Vessey Driver and fought back, finally dropping the challenger with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Serene Jean Cattley [/B]in 10:01 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) As Jean celebrated his victory, Junior came out and challenged Jean for the Regional Championship. Jean smiled dopily and responded with a lethargic, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Whatever.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) Backstage, Alicia Strong and Izaak Tischler encountered each other. After eyeing each other warily, Alicia congratulated Izaak for worming his way back into the main event title hunt. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Ditto,” [/COLOR]was Izaak’s strained reply. Alicia said it was too bad he was going to choke and lose tonight. Izaak retorted that he was about to say the same for her. That devolved into an argument that ended with both Alicia and Izaak guaranteeing that they would be the one to eliminate the other and go on to become the #1 Contender. The argument was capped with Thomas Morgan wandering by dressed as a shepherd girl. He paused to ask Alicia and Izaak if they had seen his lost sheep since he doesn’t know where to find them. He then wandered away and Alicia muttered it wasn’t just his sheep that he had lost. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the argument; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the madness 11) [B]KC GLENN & THE CALAMARI KID vs. AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] The crowd popped a little for the Kid’s return to the ring. Jason said he really looked great in the ring (he did), but Emma rightly pointed out that the Bikers still had the title shot against Future Threat, so it didn’t matter how good the Kid and KC did. But in the end, KC Glenn surprised everyone by taking Ronnie V. Pain out and getting him pinned. WINNERS: [B]KC Glenn & the Calamari Kid [/B]in 5:07 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) The Bikers were not happy about losing to KC Glenn. They charged into the ring and laid out both KC and his partner. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 13) Chance Fortune came out of his locker room and found himself face to face with Nemesis. Nemesis asked Chance if he was ready for the match. Chance said it wasn’t a problem, that he would blow past everyone else and then go on to reclaim his MWA World Heavyweight Championship at “Battleground.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) Ernest Youngman came out to ringside with a folding chair. He set it up in the middle of the ramp and settled in to watch the action. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 15) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE vs. MARC du BOIS vs. JOSH JONES vs. ALICIA STRONG vs. IZAAK TISCHLER vs. FUMIHIRO OTA [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]an elimination match [/COLOR]to determine [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Great match, really, really good. At first, Emma questioned why Fumihiro Ota was allowed in the ring at all, but Ota acquitted himself by really stepping up his game and taking the fight to the others. Alicia and Izaak were the first to be eliminated. They had gone after each other almost immediately. The others seemed surprised and, for the most part, were content to let them fight each other. Izaak seemed to gain the upperhand and tried to hit a Crucifix Slam, but at the last second, Alicia flipped out of it and slammed Izaak into the mat face-first. He rebounded and cracked her in the face, knocking her out as well. Ota took advantage of this and pinned them both at the same time, eliminating them. Ota then went after Chance and got him tied up in the ropes. Baby Jamie went over to sort that out, meaning that he wasn’t paying attention as Marc got Josh Jones tied up in a Model Solution. Josh actually started to tap, but it didn’t matter, since Cameron Vessey hit the ring and interfered, pulling Marc up and slamming him to the mat with a Vessey Driver. Ota noticed this and as soon as Cameron had cleared out of the ring, he dove over and pinned Marc. Emma was just as shocked as Jason, wondering who lit the fire under Fumihiro. So now it was down to Josh, Chance (who had gotten free from the ropes), and Ota. They clashed and Ota reeled away, clutching his stomach. Josh and Chance duked it out for a while and it appeared like Josh might actually get the upper hand. But then Chance caught him with a Stroke of Luck and made the pin. Before Chance could even celebrate, Fumihiro caught him and, much to everyone’s surprise, dropped him with a forward Russian legsweep, one that rocked Chance and allowed Ota to get the pin. As soon as Baby Jamie raised his hand in victory, though, Ota revealed the truth. He pulled off his mask to reveal Angry Gilmore. He was the one who won the match! WINNER: [B]Angry Gilmore [/B]in 16:52 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Spot on great show. We got a rating of 31.30. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Primus Allen defeated Des Davids[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Edward Cornell (c) defeated Steve Gumble to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Serene Jean Cattley (c) defeated Cameron Vessey to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]KC Glenn & The Calamari Kid defeated Agony’s Bikers [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Angry Gilmore defeated Chance Fortune, Josh Jones, Marc du Bois, Alicia Strong, and Izaak Tischler in [COLOR="Purple"]an elimination match [/COLOR]to become [COLOR="red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scapino1974;310813]As soon as Baby Jamie raised his hand in victory, though, Ota revealed the truth. He pulled off his mask to reveal Angry Gilmore. He was the one who won the match! [/QUOTE] Hooray for masked competitors! I was expecting a backstage attack before the match, and had almost given up on Angry injecting himself in this show until Ota started pulling out all kinds of good stuff.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on the Pop! Network; Replayed on TV Mex, UK Broadcasting Digital, & Japanese Sports Vision 2[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 2, March 2014[/I] Held at the Laurent Ballroom in the New England Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Emma Chase and Jason Azaria welcomed us to the show. 1) In an interview taped earlier in the day, Ernest Youngman congratulated Angry Gilmore on becoming the #1 Contender. With a somber expression, he said Angry’s accomplishment was a testament to his skill and strength in the ring, his sheer determination to... He burst out laughing, saying he almost made it through with a straight face. All pretense gone, he said that it didn’t matter who the #1 Contender was. He had the championship belt and it wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Angry was sure welcome to try. As for Chance Fortune, Ernest rolled his eye and said he’d never amount to much so he might as well just pack it in and retire now. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] Pretty good opening match from these two. I suppose I need to let Casey out of my doghouse for the way he left us in the lurch a year or two ago eventually. But for now, he served his purpose, falling beneath ADB’s Samoan Spike DDT. WINNER: [B]Arthur Dexter Bradley [/B]in 8:06 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) Wanda Fish and Cameron Vessey appeared on screen. Wanda did most of the talking, saying that tonight, Marc du Bois was going to go down in flames. That didn’t surprise her a bit. She reminded folks that the series was 2-0 in Cameron’s favor. One more win and it would be over and Marc would be humiliated by the better man. There were a few times where it looked like Cameron was going to speak but Wanda never let him. He didn’t seem too pleased with that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Thomas Morgan sat in front of a mirror, smearing lipstick over his face and giggling wildly. Lauren Easter found him and confronted him, telling him that enough was enough. He had to take his meds... [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Or what?”[/COLOR] Thomas demanded, spinning on her. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What will you do if I still refuse? Will you fight me? Eh? Fisticuffs? Marquis of Queensbury rules?” [/COLOR]He started dancing around her, tossing jabs at her. She finally snagged his arm and twisted, dropping him to his knees. She looked down on him with a sad smile and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Yeah, I’ll fight you if I have to...”[/COLOR] Thomas bounded up to his feet. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Great. At ‘Battleground.’”[/COLOR] Lauren started to protest. Apparently that wasn’t what she was thinking. Thomas cut her off, though. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You win, I’ll take my meds. You lose, you leave, and I go back to being a pretty, pretty princess.”[/COLOR] Lauren sighed and nodded. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) The camera caught sight of Alicia Strong and Izaak Tischler, once again arguing. From what little we could hear, they were trying to figure out who to blame for the fact that they both got eliminated from the #1 Contender match last night. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) [B]FUTURE THREAT (c) vs. THE HIRED GUNS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Parker and Davis looked great out there. So did Hugh de Aske. The only one who suffered was Fumihiro Ota, but Jason tried to explain that away by spinning a tale that Angry Gilmore had jumped Ota last night and beaten him up to get his ninja outfit. That led to an extended discussion of what Fumihiro Ota looked like without his garb and if someone would recognize him in normal clothes. In the end, Davis added to Ota’s misery by pinning him with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 8:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) As Davis and Parker celebrated their win, the big screen lit up with the Gauge Brothers’ faces. Greg and Matt issued a challenge to Future Threat for the tag titles at “Battleground.” Future Threat glanced at each other and said they’d have to refuse, seeing as Agony’s Bikers still hadn’t exercised their rematch clause. But the Gauges had apparently anticipated that objection. The camera pulled back to reveal that Greg and Matt had tied up Lead Belly and Ronnie V. Pain. They had also wrapped their fists in chains, which they then used to bust open both Lead and Pain. Pretty soon it was clear that neither man would be in any shape to pursue the titles. Matt and Greg turned back to the camera and smiled sweetly. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “How about now?”[/COLOR] Davis and Parker seemed a bit shook from what they saw, but they quickly hid their nervousness and agreed to the match. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for everything 8) Marc du Bois was shown heading to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. CAMERON VESSEY[/B] Jason waxed philosophically about how this was Marc’s last chance at redemption. He had lost to Cameron at “Destined for Glory,” he was close to losing the series. Jason hinted about how Marc had once been the youngest world champion in “another promotion,” to have fallen so far as to lose to Cameron. Emma shot back that Cameron was a second generation wrestler and was no slouch. Marc was yesterday’s news; Cameron was the one to watch. And that proved true for the most part. Cameron knew the momentum was on his side and he milked it as much as he could, beating on Marc and trying his best to humiliate him. But eventually, Marc had enough and fought back. Hard. Before Cameron knew what was happening, Marc was firmly in control of the match and finished him off with a Marc of Excellence. WINNER: [B]Marc du Bois [/B]in 8:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) Cameron almost went after Marc again but Wanda pulled him out of the ring. She led him toward the back. Marc laughed at him and got a mic, taking the opportunity to trash talk Cameron a bit. Cameron looked ready to go back in and start fighting again, but Wanda didn’t let him and soon he was out of the arena. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Aaron Andrews came out next and he didn’t look happy. He snapped at the fans to shut up. He said that he had come to denounce the greatest cheater in the MWA: Primus Allen. He said that Primus’s recent streak, while laudable, was a crock. He said that no wrestling federation ever allowed a worker to reset his win/loss record. So Primus claiming his record was 10-0 or 11-0 or 12-0 didn’t matter. He may as well claim it was Q-0 since it’d make as much sense. He said that he was lodging a formal complain with the booking committee to end this nonsense as soon as possible... And then Primus Allen made his way down to the ring. He got in Aaron’s face and suggested that if Aaron wanted to “end the nonsense,” there was an easy way to do it: step up. Get in the ring at “Battleground” and end his streak. Aaron waffled a bit and Primus shoved him, telling him to think about it. But now Aaron had to get out of the way. It was time for Primus’s streak to continue. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for everything 12) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. REMMY SKYE[/B] The crowd popped a bit for Remmy’s return to action after being sacrificed by Junior a few months back. Remmy didn’t seem to have much ring rust and put up a good fight, giving Primus a run for his money in terms of speed and agility. But in the end, Primus put him down with a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 9:33 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 13) Chance Fortune stormed out to the ring. He was furious over what happened last night. He said that Angry Gilmore could in no way be considered a legitimate #1 Contender seeing as it was supposed to be Fumihiro Ota in the match ... for reasons known only to Nemesis. That’s why Chance dared Angry to come out and face him in the ring for a true #1 Contender Match. Whoever won goes on to “Battleground.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 14) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE vs. ANGRY GILMORE [/B]to determine [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Pretty good match (but it was the best of the evening, so that’s something). Chance seemed bound and determined to destroy Angry and claim what he thought was rightfully his. Angry seemed rather nonchalant in his defense which only made Chance more furious. In the end, that strategy seemed to work for Angry. He ducked a Stroke of Luck and then caught Chance in an Anger Unleashed. WINNER: [B]Angry Gilmore [/B]in 13:09 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] ADB was apparently a bit overused. We got a rating of 7.74 FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Arthur Dexter Bradley defeated Casey Valentine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat (c) defeated the Hired Guns to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/I][/COLOR]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Marc du Bois defeated Cameron Vessey [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Remmy Skye [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Angry Gilmore defeated Chance Fortune to retain his status as [COLOR="red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]Checking in with the GLWA[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Tuesday of Week 3, March 2014[/I][/B] So the GLWA had their first show, called “Flaming Youth,” and they immediately rose to regional size. I sent another offer to be their parent to Sheik Mustafa and expect to be rejected immediately. Here’s how their roster shaped up, in case you were curious: [B][U]Main Eventers[/U][/B] Andre Jones Knuckles <----[COLOR="Red"]Current GLWA Universal Champion[/COLOR] [B][U]Upper Midcarders[/U][/B] James Prudence <----- [COLOR="red"]Current GLWA Nationwide Champion[/COLOR] The Big Problem [B][U]Midcarders[/U][/B] Cowboy Buck Winchester Mercutio Sleep Nomad Too Hot [B][U]Lower Midcarders[/U][/B] Harvey London [I](game generated new worker, just FYI)[/I] Justin Sensitive [B][U]Openers[/U][/B] Flying Jimmy Foxx [B][U]Enhancement Talent[/U][/B] Melvin Otto [B][U]Managers[/U][/B] Eric Tyler <----- Head Booker Sheik Mustafa <----- Owner [B][U]Announcing Team[/U][/B] Jim Lou Freebush Sara Silver [B][U]Referee[/U][/B] Brains McGhee [I]My thoughts:[/I] Not a woman wrestler among them, and I set the GLWA to be have just that. And wouldn’t you know it, they rejected my offer to be their parent company. But they did make an offer to Wanda Fish. Jerks.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on UK Broadcasting Prime & J-Network East[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 3, March 2014[/I] Held at Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed us to the show... 1) ... and they hyped the fact that, hanging over the ring was a steel cage! That’s because tonight’s main event is Alicia Strong vs. Izaak Tischler, and both of them wanted it to happen inside the cage. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. CAMERON VESSEY[/B] Marc showed a bit more life in the ring this week and Jason said there was a good reason why. If he could win this match, it would force a tie-breaker for the series at “Battleground.” Emma countered by pointing out that it could also end tonight too if Cameron picked up the win. Little chance of that. Wanda did her best to keep Cameron’s head in the game but it was pretty clear he was rattled from his loss last week. Marc wound up putting him away with a Marc of Excellence. WINNER: [B]Marc du Bois [/B]in 11:28 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) Ernest Youngman appeared on screen and mocked Chance Fortune for losing to Angry Gilmore. He said that Chance really should pack it up and go home and just forget about ever being in the main even title hunt ever again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) Once again, Thomas Morgan roamed the backstage area, this time searching for a lost puppy he had named “Mr. Bo-jangles.” Oddly, the picture he had said puppy was that of a refrigerator. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) Izaak Tischler appeared on screen and said that there wouldn’t be any more games, there wouldn’t be any more mistakes, he was going to humiliate Alicia Strong in the cage tonight. He finished his speech by saying, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“May the best man win.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) [B]EDWARD CORNELL vs. JUNIOR[/B] Junior was focused in her match and she and Edward put on a spectacular match. I think we may have peaked a bit early tonight. The fans were jumping out of their chairs for an almost perfect fight. In the end, though, Junior took down the Rising Star and got him to tap with a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 9:14 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 7) A video played, showing Lauren Easter hard at work training for her fight against Thomas Morgan. Jason commented she seemed to know what she as doing. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 8) [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Ernest didn’t take Joey seriously in the ring and, as a result, Joey got in some good licks. But in the end, Ernest nailed a Good Die Young and won the match. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 11:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) Backstage Nemesis was watching the monitor looking really angry. Jason said he didn’t blame him, seeing as how Ernest was running roughshod over Nemesis and his authority. Chance Fortune came in and once again asked to be given a title shot. Nemesis sighed, exasperated, and said that it was too late, they were going to have a contract signing tomorrow night between Angry Gilmore and Ernest Youngman. There was nothing he could do. Chance disagreed, pointing out that Nemesis was the boss, for good or ill. Surely there was something he could do. Nemesis nodded and said he’d think about it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 10) Now Alicia Strong appeared on screen. She commented on Izaak’s earlier words, “may the best man win.” She said that was a stupid thing to say since there weren’t any men in the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) Aaron Andrews came out to the ring in his wrestling gear and announced that he had officially accepted Primus Allen’s challenge. He said he was even willing to face Primus tonight ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“He’s not even here!”[/COLOR] Jason thundered), but instead, he’d settle for a warm-up match. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) [B]KC GLENN vs. AARON ANDREWS[/B] Good match all around. Aaron looked about ready to argue with referee Shane Stones, but he thought better of it when Shane glared at him. Much to Jason’s surprise, Aaron fought a good match and didn’t resort to too many underhanded moves. In the end, he took KC out with a Flying Body Press. WINNER: [B]Aaron Andrews [/B]in 7:57 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) A video played, reminding folks of how Alicia and Izaak had been feuding lately. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. IZAAK TISCHLER [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a cage match[/COLOR] Jason explained as the match got started that this was a “cage escape” match, that the winner would be determined by who could get out of the cage first. It was a pretty good brawl but, as I feared, our show peaked early tonight. Shame, too, because Izaak and Alicia really put their heart and soul into this match. Izaak wound up bleeding pretty badly after Alicia tossed him head-first into the cage. But Izaak fired back and soon, Alicia was limping around the ring, apparently having hurt her leg. Finally, Izaak dropped Alicia with a Crucifix Slam and started up the cage wall. Alicia, for her part, tried to make it to the door only to have her leg collapse out from under her. She clawed her way along the mat and, wouldn’t you know it, Izaak went over the top as Alicia slid out the door. WINNER: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 14:32 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad all around. Wish I would have booked it a bit better, but I didn’t see Junior vs. Edward Cornell coming. We got a rating of 34.46. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade's Edge[/I][/U] [I]Marc du Bois vs. Cameron Vessey [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Edward Cornell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman (c) defeated Joey Beauchamp to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Aaron Andrews defeated KC Glenn [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong drew with Izaak Tischler in [COLOR="Purple"]a cage match [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on the Pop! Network; Replayed on TV Mex, UK Broadcasting Digital, and Japanese Sports Vision 2[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 3, March 2014[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Battleground”[/COLOR]) Held at the Abbotsford Recreational Complex in the British Columbia Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the MWA’s first show held outside of American borders! 1) The hyped the fact that tonight, we’d see the contract signing between Angry Gilmore and Ernest Youngman for the main event at “Battleground.” RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. SAM KEITH[/B] Jason hyped this up as Sam Keith’s first “real” match since getting back from his “missionary” trip. Apparently he didn’t count the match Sam had with Junior a few weeks ago. I was a bit worried about how the Canadian crowd would respond to our wrestlers, but Ernest was a crowd favorite for some reason. He really kept after Sam Keith and, in the end, dropped him with a Good Die Young. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 9:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) Junior was backstage with the Gauge Brothers, snuggling with Matt Gauge when they were confronted by Joanne Rodriguez. J-Ro stared down the brothers and then lit into Junior for breaking Mainstream’s heart. Apparently Mainstream had been cleared medically to return to the ring but he refused, saying he was too depressed. J-Ro blamed Junior and demanded that she meet her in the ring later tonight. But her demand was refused by Angry Gilmore. Angry said there were two reasons: first, Junior and the Gauges were facing Serene Jean Cattley and Future Threat in the main event, so Junior was spoken for. And second, Angry was impressed with the fire J-Ro showed. He wanted to test her to see if she would be worthy of his teachings. So he said he would wrestle her tonight instead. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. JOSH JONES[/B] Even though Josh was a “hometown hero” (in the words of Jason), the crowd seemed to be more behind Primus than anything. Primus and Josh put on a great match but no matter how hard Josh tried, he couldn’t get Primus down. Even when he rocked the ring with a Canadian Backdrop, it didn’t take Primus out of action. Primus popped off the mat and caught Josh with a Running Powerslam for the win. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 10:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Primus Allen celebrated his win when Aaron Andrews ran out and attacked him with a set of brass knuckles. Soon Primus was down and bleeding from his forehead as Aaron kicked him repeatedly. But then the main viewscreen lit up with Nemesis’s face. He called for Aaron’s attention and, once he had it, he chided Aaron for showing he couldn’t be trusted. He said that Aaron should know that brass knuckles should only be used in a hardcore match, not as a way to soften up your opponent before a match. For that reason, Nemesis had to do something drastic to make sure that Aaron would be kept in line this Sunday. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What to do, what to do?”[/COLOR] Then Nemesis snapped his fingers and said he knew what he had to do. He’d assign a special guest referee, one who would be extra sure to keep Aaron on the straight and narrow. He motioned for someone to join him ... and Liberty stepped into the shot, dressed in a referee uniform. Liberty smiled and Nemesis announced that it would be Liberty who refereed Aaron and Primus’s match this Sunday. Aaron howled in frustration while Liberty laughed at him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the reveal 6) Alicia and Izaak, both of them bruised and bandaged from their cage match, were at the craft services table and glaring at each other. But then they heard someone laughing and they turned around to find Hugh de Aske and Fumihiro Ota giggling at them. Alicia demanded to know what was so funny and Hugh said it was them. They couldn’t get a win over each other. They were pathetic. Izaak shot back that they might not be able to beat each other, but they could easily beat Ota and Hugh. Alicia seemed a bit surprised at the idea but she readily agreed. Ota and Hugh laughed even harder but promised to add to their humiliation later tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. ANGRY GILMORE[/B] Not too bad of a match. Joanne seemed a bit disappointed to be in the ring with Angry and not Junior but she made the most of it. Angry seemed a bit impressed with her abilities but he quickly overwhelmed her with his offense and finally dropped her to the mat with an Anger Unleashed. WINNER: [B]Angry Gilmore [/B]in 9:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) Backstage, Serene Jean Cattley gave a pep talk to Future Threat about putting Angry Gilmore’s angry clones in their place. It ended with Jean and Steven Parker reconciling after the whole Foundation debacle. Parker said he’d be glad to have Jean watching their back. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) [B]ALICIA STRONG & IZAAK TISCHLER vs. THE HIRED GUNS[/B] Pretty good match. Not the best, but just about what we needed right now. Emma seemed genuinely surprised at how well Alicia and Izaak worked together in the ring, as did the Guns, but Jason pointed out that the familiarity that made it difficult for Alicia and Izaak to defeat one another translated into good teamwork in the ring. And it was true. Hugh and Ota couldn’t stop them. They only managed to slow them down. Finally, Alicia dropped Ota with a Strong Interaction and pinned him. When Hugh came in to break it up, Izaak intercepted him and took both of them over the top rope. As referee Shane Stones raised their hands in victory, they glared at each other. But then Alicia smirked and Izaak’s face softened as well. WINNERS: [B]Alicia Strong & Izaak Tischler [/B]in 10:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 10) Junior and the Gauges were spotted heading out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 11) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY & FUTURE THREAT vs. JUNIOR & THE GAUGE BROTHERS[/B] Shoot. Not what I was hoping for. Junior and Jean looked simply phenomenal and were clearly the hottest stars in the ring. But the audience had a hard time mustering any interest for the other four competitors. It was a decent brawl, one in which Matt and Greg took advantage of the fact they were identical twins by switching in and out without tagging. But it didn’t matter. In the end, Jean picked up the win for his team with a Mood Swing on Greg Gauge. WINNERS:[B] Serene Jean Cattley & Future Threat [/B]in 9:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) Time for the contract signing. Nemesis came out to the ring to a decent ovation. He then invited Ernest and Angry to join him in the ring. Once again, Ernest got a decent pop out of the crowd, who he sneered at. Nemesis hyped up both men as being dangerous competitors, as evidenced by their wins earlier this evening. He said that he was looking forward to their match on Sunday ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“... which, unfortunately, none of you will be able to see thanks to the fact that we don’t have a Pay-Per-View carrier in Canada,”[/COLOR] Nemesis groused. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Better call your cable companies about that!”[/COLOR]). He then turned over the mic and the contract to Ernest. Ernest split his attention by denigrating both Angry and Nemesis, finally signing the contract with a flourish. Angry focused on Ernest, calling him a sacrificial victim to prove the rightness of his teaching. He too signed the contract and then handed it back to Nemesis. Nemesis smirked and said it was time to invite out one more person ... the third signatory for this contract.... Out came Chance Fortune. Ernest and Angry shot out of their chairs and they went after Chance ... only Nemesis jumped Ernest and speared him almost out of his boot with a Nemesis Arrow. Chance brawled with Angry, only to slip out of an attempted Anger Unleashed so he could hit a Stroke of Luck. Nemesis then picked up the mic and the contract and handed the latter to Chance. He then announced that the title match at “Battleground” was going to be a three-way dance: Ernest defending against Angry and Chance. Chance signed the contract and then shook hands with Nemesis and the two of them left the ring, laughing. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] Jason and Emma then ran down the card for “Battleground” -- [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. AARON ANDREWS with special refree LIBERTY[/B] ([COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR]) [B]LAUREN EASTER vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] ([COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR]) [B]EDWARD CORNELL (c) vs. ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] FUTURE THREAT (c) vs. THE GAUGE BROTHERS for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR][/B] [B]MARC du BOIS vs. CAMERON VESSEY[/B] ([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY (c) vs. JUNIOR for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR][/B] ([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c) vs. ANGRY GILMORE for [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [U][B]THE AFTERMATH[/B][/U] You know, I never liked going to Canada anyway! We got a rating of 7.31. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Sam Keith[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Josh Jones[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Angry Gilmore defeated Joanne Rodriguez[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong & Izaak Tischler defeated the Hired Guns[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Serene Jean Cattley & Future Threat defeated Junior & The Gauge Brothers[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, comments, predictions, or whatever are always welcome.

Archived