MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] Live on the Pop! Network; Replayed on TV-Mex, UK Broadcasting Digital, and Japanese Sports Vision 2 [I]Thursday of Week 4, April 2014[/I] Held at the Shakeshaft Auditorium in the Great Lakes Territory 5,000 in attendance – SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) In a video shot earlier (don’t ask me by who), Matt Gauge was shown trying to comfort Junior. He pointed out the fact that Angry, Sam, and Greg took out Joel Kovach last night. He promised that he wasn’t scared of Joel or Archangel, that [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato [/I]would lead them past this obstacle and eventually, Matt and Junior would get married. Junior put on a brave face but it was pretty clear she didn’t buy it. RATING: [COLOR="Navy"]B[/COLOR] 2) The show went live and revealed Chance Fortune. He sheepishly admitted that he dropped the ball this past Sunday. He had been knocked out of the title hunt by Ernest Youngman and he wasn’t happy about it. But what was done was done. Whining wouldn’t change the past. Now Chance had to look forward to the future. Like tonight. He reminded fans that when he was the MWA World Heavyweight Champion, he tested himself by challenging those who had held the belt before him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It was so I could see if I could go toe-to-toe with them and for a long while, I found I could. “But now I have a new opportunity to test myself, one that’s presented itself since this past Sunday. That’s why tonight, I want to face none other than the Archangel. “Our paths never crossed in the past although they could have. And it’s probably good they didn’t. But now, I want to see how it might have gone. What do you say, Archangel?”[/COLOR] A second later, Archangel’s entrance music hit and he came out with a mic. He said it would be an honor to face off against Chance. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) [B]EDWARD CORNELL (c) vs. THE KID[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Pretty decent match. Pretty short too. Cornell weathered some high-flying assaults before pinning the Kid. WINNER: [B]Edward Cornell [/B]in 5:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Aaron Andrews appeared on screen and confidently predicted that he would win the four-way dance and become the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Alicia Strong turned away from her locker. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Are you sure you’re okay with this?”[/COLOR] The camera pulled back to reveal that she was speaking to Izaak Tischler. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I mean, you held the Grand Championship as well,”[/COLOR] she continued. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It doesn’t seem entirely fair that I’m in this match and you aren’t.”[/COLOR] Izaak laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “It’s probably better that I’m not. The last couple of times we’ve been opponents, we’ve only wound up taking each other out.”[/COLOR] He smiled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It’s okay, Alicia. I’m fine with it. You just go out there and remind them why you were Grand Champion.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) [B]STEVE GUMBLE & REMMY SKYE vs. SAM KEITH & GREG GAUGE[/B] An okay match. The announcers were excited at Remmy’s return to the ring. Much to my surprise, Sam Keith drew the most heat through the match. He got the crowd riled up with his antics before finally putting Remmy away with a Proton Lock. WINNERS: [B]Sam Keith & Greg Gauge [/B]in 5:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) Jay Chord now appeared on screen and said that while he respected his three opponents in the #1 Contender’s match, he was going to destroy all of them and go on to face Ernest Youngman for the title. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) Jenny Playmate and Josh Jones appeared, with Jenny doing most of the talking. She really hyped up his match against Cameron Vessey, promising that it would be an instant classic. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) Marc du Bois was shown heading to the ring, a focused look on his face. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD vs. MARC du BOIS vs. AARON ANDREWS to determine [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR][/B] A really great match. The competitors circled each other warily for a few moments before Aaron started jawing at them, obviously informing them of how he was going to eliminate them all. Marc, Jay, and Alicia exchanged glances and then attacked him all at once. Marc hit a Marc of Excellence, Jay hit a Super DDT, and Alicia capped it off with a Strong Interaction. The ref then rolled Aaron out of the ring. The match continued without Aaron. It was a tough battle with no one getting an upperhand for long. But then, as Jay set Alicia up for a Cradle Piledriver, Marc interfered and knocked them both down. While Alicia groaned in a corner, Marc got Jay into the Model Solution and got Jay to tap out. Marc then carefully picked up Alicia, apparently intending to finish her off quickly. But Alicia fought back. The two of them traded blows until, much to Marc’s surprise, she got Marc in a Strong Arm Tactic. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 11:45 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) Aaron Andrews came up from ringside, rubbing his head. When he heard the results, he was furious. He stormed up the ramp with a mic and bitterly complained that he had been robbed. He should have been the #1 Contender. He deserved more respect than this, he... He was cut off by a vicious kick from behind that nearly snapped his head off. He collapsed off the stage, revealing that it was Fumihiro Ota who had attacked him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) A video played, hyping the conflict between Future Threat and the Joeys 2.0. It ended with the announcers explaining that Nemesis had made a non-title match between Future Threat and the Joeys. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) [B]FUTURE THREAT vs. THE JOEYS 2.0[/B] An okay match in spite of Joey Beauchamp. His head clearly wasn’t in the match. The champs, on the other hand, looked like stars. Jason confidently predicted that either Steven or Davis would make the pin. But it was Joey B. who surprised everyone. He managed to trip up Davis and rolled him up quickly, using his tights to keep him down. WINNERS: [B]The Joeys 2.0[/B] in 8:22 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 14) A video played, hyping the achievements of Cameron Vessey. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 15) [B]ARCHANGEL vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] I’ll be honest, I expected a little better. Archangel really shone in the match but that’s probably due to his overness more than anything. Chance put up a colossal fight but in the end, Archangel walked away with a win after a Fall From Grace. WINNER:[B] Archangel [/B]in 15:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] An okay show. We got a rating of 8.82. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Edward Cornell (c) defeated the Kid to retain the MWA Rising Star Title[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Greg Gauge & Sam Keith defeated Steve Gumble & Remmy Skye [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Aaron Andrews, Jay Chord, and Marc du Bois to become the #1 Contender for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]The Joeys 2.0 defeated Future Threat [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Archangel defeated Chance Fortune [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on UK Broadcasting Prime & J-Network East [I]Wednesday of Week 1, May 2014[/I] Held at the Laurent Ballroom in the New England Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed us to the show. 1) A graphic reminded everyone that tonight’s main event would be the team of Joel Kovach and Archangel taking on Ernest Youngman and Angry Gilmore. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA vs. BRADLEY BLAZE[/B] The announcers speculated as to why Ota was on such a rampage lately. The rookie, Blaze, did his best, but after a short (thankfully) match, Ota took Blaze out with a Ninja Strike. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 6:02 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 3) Ota wasn’t done. As soon as Blaze got up from the mat, Ota hit him with a roundhouse kick that almost took his head off. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 4) Casey Valentine appeared on screen and went on a rant about Edward Cornell. He reminded fans that he challenged the Rising Star Title-holder a week ago and hadn’t heard anything from him yet. He said that Edward had better reply soon ... or else. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5) [B]THOMAS MORGAN & LAUREN EASTER vs. KC & THE KID[/B] This one surprised me (it surprised Emma Chase too. When she saw Lauren, her response was, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“She still works here?”[/COLOR]). I would have thought a relative unknown like Lauren would have fallen on her face, but she turned out to be the star. She got the crowd behind her and they actually popped a little when she took the Kid out with a belly-to-belly suplex. WINNER: [B]Lauren Easter & Thomas Morgan [/B]in 5:35 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) Joel Kovach and Archangel appeared on screen, looking intense in a darkened room. Intensity flaring in their eyes, they snarled that Angry and Ernest were doomed. After all, Joel and Archangel were survivors, that they would destroy their opponents and prove their dominance... That’s when Archangel burst out laughing. Joel rolled his eyes. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Who wrote this crap?”[/COLOR] Joel pointed off camera. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You?”[/COLOR] The camera whipped around to reveal a surprised man in a baseball cap. He glanced nervously at the camera but nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Great. You’re an idiot. You’re fired.”[/COLOR] Joel said, then turned back to the camera. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Look, we’ll make this simple.”[/COLOR] Archangel added, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“While our overdramatic friend tried to make us look all spooky and scary, he was right about one thing. Anybody getting into the ring with us is likely to get hurt. After all, Angry and Ernest will be facing him, Joel Kovach, the master of the Kovach Krippler, one of the most devastating submission moves ever created ... and I should know!”[/COLOR] Joel nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s right. I’ve gotten you to tap out, what, thirty times with it?” “Right.” “Thought so. But you’re not just facing me, you’re facing Archangel, master of psychological games. Once he’s in your head, you’re done. And he’s got the Fall from Grace, which, I gotta tell you, hurts like hell. He’s nailed me with it twenty times!”[/COLOR] Joel looked about to continue but Archangel stopped him. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Twenty? More like twenty-five.” “Um, no. I think I’d remember.” “So would I, and it is twenty-five.” “No it’s not!” “Yes it is! What about the three times I hit you with it in Fresno?” “Fresno was a house show!” “If we’re not counting house shows, there’s no way you got me to tap out thirty times!”[/COLOR] The two argued for a few moments before the sheepish writer got their attention and reminded them they didn’t have all night. Joel sighed and Archangel rolled his eyes. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Fine, okay, whatever,” [/COLOR]Archangel said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Bottom line: we can inflict lots of pain, Ernest and Angry are going down, and you...” [/COLOR]Joel pointed to the writer. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“... are still fired.”[/COLOR] With that, they turned and walked away. As they did, Archangel said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I did like the whole ‘survivor’ part...” “Yeah, that was pretty good...”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Hugh de Aske found Fumihiro Ota pacing and gingerly asked him what’s been bothering him lately that he’s been attacking everyone. Ota exploded that he was sick and tired of the lack of respect people were showing him. He reminded Hugh that both Angry Gilmore and Archangel dressed up like him recently. He said that he was so sick of what was happening, he decided to get people’s attention the only way he could. Hugh said he understood and even agreed to help him. They were tag team partners, after all. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. SERENE JEAN CATTLEY[/B] The streak continues. Jean did his best and even managed to hit a Mood Swing on Primus, but Primus kicked out and fought back, finally taking down Jean with a running powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 8:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) Afterwards, Primus helped Jean up and shook his hand. Jean actually smiled and blew off the loss, though you could tell that he was feeling a bit sore. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 9) [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I don’t like this one bit.”[/COLOR] The camera pulled out to reveal that Ernest Youngman was talking to Angry Gilmore, who sat cross-legged on the floor as if deep in meditation. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“First of all, I don’t trust you. I haven’t forgotten the way you came after me and my title a few months ago. And second, I don’t think your head is really in this. Last week, you had some of your followers or disciples or whatever they are at Firestorm and yet Archangel went through his whole match untouched. Why didn’t you try to take him out?”[/COLOR] Angry opened his eyes and fixed a glare on Ernest. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Do not question my wisdom. And yes, I did covet your title at one time. I have since moved on. Let us put our petty concerns aside and focus on the task. And fear not, I have the situation well in hand.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Joey Beauchamp and Joey Minnesota appeared on screen. Joey B. did most of the talking as he taunted Future Threat, pointing out that they beat them. Joey said that if it had been a title defense, Steven and Davis would have lost their straps. Joey cackled that they would have to live with that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) [B]VENGEANCE vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] Two more people that Emma Chase forgot about. A surprisingly good match. Des finally took Vengeance down and out with a spear from out of nowhere. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 9:29 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) Angry Gilmore found Junior and Matt Gauge backstage. He gave Matt a significant look, then tried to comfort Junior by telling her to fear not, her father would no longer bother her after tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) Jason announced that tomorrow night, we’d see Cameron Vessey defend his MWA Regional Championship against Josh Jones. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) [B]THE SURVIVORS vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN & ANGRY GILMORE[/B] Oh yeah. Fantastic match. Joel, Archangel, and Ernest were incredible in the ring and got most of the heat in the match. Angry was no slouch either, but it was clear the crowd was interested in the other three. The fight spilled out around the ring more than once and both Ernest and Joel wound up busted open at one point. But it was clear that Archangel and Joel had things well in hand toward the end of the match. It was looking more and more like a simple matter of time when suddenly, Sam Keith and the Gauge Brothers hit the ringside area. While Greg and Matt distracted the ref, Sam snared the ring bell and tossed it to Angry in the ring. Angry used it to knock Archangel out cold. The ref heard the commotion and turned around in time to see Joel charge in, only to get knocked out as well. He immediately called for the bell (which, admittedly, they had a hard time ringing). WINNERS: [B]The Survivors by DQ [/B]in 21:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 15) As Ernest retreated out of the ring, Angry and his minions took turns beating on Archangel and Joel until finally, the Survivors were lying in a pool of blood, unconscious. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Simply great match. We got a rating of 34.71. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Fumihiro Ota defeated Bradley Blaze [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Thomas Morgan & Lauren Easter defeated KC & The Kid [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Serene Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids defeated Vengeance [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]The Survivors defeated Ernest Youngman & Angry Gilmore by DQ [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] Live on the Pop! Network; Replay on TV-Mex, UK Broadcasting Digital, & Japanese Sports Vision 2 [I]Thursday of Week 1, May 2014[/I] Held at the McGaw Arena in the Tri State Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed us to the show. 1) Ernest Youngman came out to the ring to a chorus of boos and jeers. He sneered at the audience for a few minutes before he told them to shut up. He said that the “Survivors” got what was coming to them for crossing him in the first place. He called them “old men” who were about ready to be put out to pasture. He said the only reason they got a job in the MWA was because “old man Nemesis” took pity on them. He said Nemesis obviously wanted people to talk to about hip replacements, the AARP, and reminisce about the Great Depression. He said this was no place for old men. He said that they should all be put out to pasture so the youngest, brightest stars can shine all the brighter ... like him. He said he was the future of wrestling and was proud he helped show the Survivors why their time was done. He was interrupted by Alicia Strong, who came out and told Ernest to shut his pie hole. She said that Joel and Archangel were hardly old men, that based on the matches she’s seen since they’ve arrived, they completely overshadow the champ. She even went so far as to say that Ernest was lucky that his match a week ago against Joel ended the way it did, or she’d be facing Joel Kovach at “Unbowed, Unbroken,” not Ernest. They argued back and forth for a minute before Ernest suggested that the only reason why Alicia had a job was because she performed some sort of sexual favor of the head booker. Alicia snapped and charged the ring. The two of them exchanged blows before officials swarmed the ring and separated them. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) The announcers seemed a bit shell shocked as they said that tonight we’d also see Matt Gauge and Junior take on the Hired Guns. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) Chance Fortune found Angry Gilmore backstage and got in his face about what his followers did to Archangel and Joel last night. He said it was a travesty and an injustice. Angry listened to his rant and then laughed it off, pointing out that many had stood up to them and all had been run over. Chance said that was true, but he reminded him that while Angry may have been the Ringmaster, Chance had been the first to hold the MWA World Heavyweight Championship. He said that if anyone could teach Angry some respect, it was him. Angry stepped in close and said that Chance was welcome to try. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE vs. ANGRY GILMORE[/B] A great bang to kick off the show for real. These two were intense. Angry actually seemed surprised by Chance’s savage attack and almost lost several times, barely ducking numerous Strokes of Luck. But it was Angry that wound up taking it with an Anger Unleashed. WINNER:[B] Angry Gilmore [/B]in 11:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 5) Cameron Vessey appeared on screen and ranted that the audience seemed distracted. He reminded them that he was defending his MWA Regional Championship against Josh Jones tonight, and he said that was the real deal, the thing that people would be talking about the next morning. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) Casey Valentine came out to the ring and once again lit into Edward Cornell for not answering his challenge. He said Edward (or “Eddie,” as he called him derisively) was right to cower in fear. Casey said he would prove it right now by destroying Arthur Dexter Bradley. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] Whoa. I was definitely not expecting this. I don’t know if it was because the crowd was already jazzed from the opening segments or what, but these two put on a great match. Casey clearly thought he was the one in control but ADB fought back hard and simply overwhelmed him with a high-flying offense. Much to everyone’s surprise, ADB picked up the win with a Frog Splash. WINNER: [B]Arthur Dexter Bradley [/B]in 5:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) Casey could not believe it. He raged and ranted at the referee as ADB went from post to post, celebrating in front of the crowd. Casey then hit ADB from behind and then smashed him to the mat with a Heartbreaker. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Junior paced nervously backstage. Matt Gauge found her and asked if she was ready to face the Hired Guns. She said she wasn’t sure it was a good idea. She knew [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato [/I]and the others seemed to have dealt with her father and Archangel, she knew better. She said they were tougher than that. A simple beatdown wouldn’t be enough. Matt said he knew that and understood. That was why the two of them were going to continue the job by punishing the Hired Guns for Fumihiro Ota’s role in trying to hold her back when she debuted. And if Joel and Archangel dared return, [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I]’s followers would decimate them all over again. Junior smiled but it was pretty clear she still had doubts. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Jenny Playmate escorted Josh Jones out to the ring and told the crowd they would see her client take the Regional Championship away from Cameron Vessey. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 11) [B]JOSH JONES vs. CAMERON VESSEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Now I’m just getting nervous. This is turning into a “waiting for the other shoe to drop” kind of night. Simply put, Josh and Cameron put on a great match. Cameron appeared to think the whole thing was a lock for him, especially after a well-timed low-blow. Cameron strutted around and even tried to flirt with Jenny, only to get smacked for his attempts. Referee Eugene Williams threw her out from ringside but Cameron’s momentum stalled. Josh was able to rally and began to fight back. Cameron finally seemed to realize that things were not going his way. When Josh got on a roll and it was becoming more and more clear that he was going to win, Cameron finally bailed out of the ring and walked back up the ramp, clutching his title to his chest. Josh glared up the ramp after Cameron as Williams counted the champ out. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones by count-out [/B]in 9:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 12) [B]THE HIRED GUNS vs. MATTHEW GAUGE & JUNIOR[/B] A good breather of a match. It was okay, but Junior and Matt were off in their timing. It didn’t make for a smooth match, especially since the crowd also didn’t seem that into Hugh de Aske’s pirate character anymore either. But in the end, Junior made Ota tap out with a Triangle Choke. WINNERS: [B]Matthew Gauge & Junior [/B]in 8:58 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B-[/COLOR] 13) Once Ota came to, he went berserk. Hugh tried to calm him down, but Ota raved about how they were bottom of the barrel and how everyone was laughing at them. Ota said they either had to get some respect and soon or he was done. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) Future Threat appeared on screen, furious over what happened in their match against the Joeys 2.0 the week before. They demanded a rematch, saying that they would even put the titles on the line this time. The Joeys came around the corner, laughing over what they heard. Joey B. did most of the talking and said that Future Threat’s reign would be over very soon. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the response 15) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. SAM KEITH[/B] This is me, breathing a sigh of relief. A great capper to a great night. Alicia apparently wanted to show Sam some respect, earning praise from Jason and scorn from Emma. Sam didn’t want any part of it. While Alicia offered her hand, he attacked her and tried for a Neutron Plex. Alicia managed to slide out of it and responded by nearly getting Sam into a Strong Arm Tactic. Sam managed to scramble to the ropes for the break. And then it was off to the races. Sam really surprised the crowd with how well he kept up with Alicia and it made Emma wonder aloud if maybe Sam deserved the title shot against Ernest. But Alicia simply wouldn’t quit. In the end, she took Sam out with a Strong Interaction. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 12:01 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 16) ... and that’s when Ernest Youngman hit the ring and attacked Alicia from behind. He wailed on her for several minutes before setting up a chair and, as Jason Azaria screamed in horror, hit a Good Die Young, planting Alicia face first into the chair. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [U][B]THE AFTERMATH[/B][/U] Might be one of the best TV shows we’ve ever done. We got a rating of 8.52. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Angry Gilmore defeated Chance Fortune [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Arthur Dexter Bradley defeated Casey Valentine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones defeated Cameron Vessey (c) via count-out, so Cameron retains [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Junior and Matthew Gauge defeated the Hired Guns [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Sam Keith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scapino1974;360152] 1) Chance Fortune came out to the ring to a chorus of boos and jeers.... who came out and told Ernest to shut his pie hole. [/QUOTE] Wow, this really confused me for a moment. I was skipping back over a couple of the earlier shows to try to find where Chance had turned that I'd missed. It's good to have the MWA back. :)

*Headache* I've been re-reading from the beginning. Jumping from the Isaak/Alicia war, and the DWN/Matthew Guage odd couple to here-and-now is confusing... Great job on the show, though. I'm desperate to bring Sam Keith in, but I'm not quite large enough yet. Have you considered signing El Heroe Mexicano? He's a superstar in my game, bringing in A matches with El Bestia Purpura, who's nothing special...

[QUOTE=steev42;360187]Wow, this really confused me for a moment. I was skipping back over a couple of the earlier shows to try to find where Chance had turned that I'd missed. It's good to have the MWA back. :)[/QUOTE] Lol funny thing is I did exactly the same thing! Damn you Scap! ;)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on UK Broadcasting Prime & J-Network East [I]Wednesday of Week 2, May 2014[/I] Held at the Huntsville Fairgrounds in the South East Territory 5,000 in attendance – SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed us to the show. 1) Jason gushed how Primus Allen would be in action tonight, taking on Vengeance. Jason wondered aloud if Vengeance would be the one to end Primus’s winning streak. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) [B]EDWARD CORNELL (c) vs. LAUREN EASTER [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] A kind of blah opening match, certainly after last week’s Firestorm. But Lauren and Edward did the best they could. In the end, Edward rolled up Lauren for the win. WINNER: [B]Edward Cornell [/B]in 6:41 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) Before Edward could get out of the ring, Casey Valentine came out and confronted Edward. He demanded that the Rising Star Title holder give him an answer now. Edward took the mic and refused, saying that he didn’t see any need to fight Casey, so it wasn’t going to happen. Casey didn’t handle the rejection well. He snatched the mic back and then, out of nowhere, flattened Lauren with it, smashing her over the head. Casey snarled at Edward and then stalked out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the challenge and the refusal;[COLOR="blue"] D[/COLOR] for the attack 4) Future Threat appeared on screen and said that they were looking forward to their non-title match against Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Des Davids later tonight. They then said that the Joeys weren’t on their mind right then. There was plenty of time for them later. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Jason Azaria reminded folks that it was a week ago that the Survivors were attacked by Angry Gilmore and company. A video of the attack played, emphasizing the fact that the Survivors were down for the count. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) Junior watched a monitor with a satisfied smile on her face. She nodded and turned around ... only to come face to face with Archangel. She shrieked and jumped back, but Archangel held up his hands. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Don’t worry, I’m not here to fight you,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I just want to talk.”[/COLOR] Junior tried to slide around him but Archangel wouldn’t let her go. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Look, Kumiko, I know what your dad can be like. Believe me. I’ve seen the worst in him. But I’ve also seen the best. He only wants what’s best for you and you know it. And I think you know that Angry’s little whatever-it-is isn’t it. Why don’t you come with me? I can get your dad and we can have a nice, civil conversation about it.”[/COLOR] Junior’s answer was a backhand hard enough to remove some of Archangel’s facepaint. She then shoved past him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 7) Fumihiro Ota appeared on screen. He bowed to the camera and said that honor and respect are everything. He has clearly lost it in the MWA, so he is going to regain it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. BRADLEY BLAZE[/B] Just an okay filler match. The crowd wasn’t totally in it, but it didn’t really matter. Gumble picked up the win. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 7:24 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Steve’s celebration was cut short by Joel Kovach’s entrance music. Joel came out to the ring and chased both Steve and Bradley out of the ring. He then got the mic and ranted against Angry Gilmore. He said that the best way to deal with a snake is to cut off its head, and he intended to do just that. He challenged Angry to a match at “Unbowed, Unbroken.” Angry came out, flanked by Sam and Greg. Angry said that he would be pleased to face Joel in the ring, but he didn’t think that Joel truly deserved the honor. He would have to prove himself worthy of facing Il Padrone Arrabiato by running the gauntlet. He would have to defeat every member of the cult ... except for Junior ... starting tomorrow night when he would face Greg Gauge. Joel seemed okay with the idea, but Greg looked less than pleased. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 10) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. JUNIOR[/B] Speaking of Junior, she had a pretty decent match against Marc. Marc seemed to be pleading with Junior a little, but she didn’t want to hear it. After a while, Junior got Marc to tap out with a triangle choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 10:19 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) Junior seemed a bit winded from the match but business was about to pick up. Apparently Archangel wasn’t done talking to her yet. He came down the ramp, his hands up to signal he just wanted to talk. But before he could make it halfway, Matt Gauge charged out of the back and hit him from behind, knocking him down so he could stomp on him repeatedly. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 12) A video played, reminding folks of the way Cameron Vessey bailed on his match against Josh Jones last week. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) [B]FUTURE THREAT vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH & DES DAVIDS[/B] Much to my surprise, Smith and Davids showed a spark in the ring together. May have to play with that a little. But it did them little good. They put in a good fight, but in the end, Parker took Smith out with a Future Shock. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 8:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 14) A video played of Alicia Strong’s win over Sam Keith last week and how Ernest Youngman planted her onto a chair afterwards. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 15) Ernest Youngman enjoyed the video backstage, only to be confronted by Izaak Tischler. Izaak ripped into Ernest, calling him a coward. He said that if he thought a Good Die Young to a chair would be enough to take Alicia out of action, he was wrong. She was tougher than that. But Ernest had a lot to answer for, and Izaak was going to be the one he’d answer to. Ernest laughed at the idea but agreed to meet Izaak in the ring tomorrow night. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 16) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. VENGEANCE[/B] Huh. Not good. Vengeance was off his game tonight and really didn’t seem all that into it. In any case, after a lackluster battle, Primus put Vengeance away with a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 10:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 17) Primus then helped Vengeance up and shook his hand. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not as good as our last show, but I guess it’s good enough. We got a rating of 30.37. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Edward Cornell (c) defeated Lauren Easter to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Steve Gumble defeated Bradley Blaze [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Marc du Bois [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith & Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Vengeance [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] Live on the Pop! Network; Replayed on TV-Mex, UK Broadcasting Digital, Japanese Sports Vision 2 [I]Thursday of Week 2, May 2014[/I] Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid South Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Emma Chase and Jason Azaria welcomed everyone to the show. 1) ... and they announced that the Joeys 2.0 would finally get a shot at the tag team titles tonight. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) Ernest Youngman appeared on camera and said that he was looking forward to the title match in just a bit... No, he wasn’t defending his title against Izaak Tischler tonight, even though they did have a match later on. He said that he knew that Izaak was a former Grand Champion, but things were different now. He’d never make it in the main event anymore and he’d prove it tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) [B]FUTURE THREAT (c) vs. THE JOEYS 2.0[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Not as good as I hoped for, to be honest, but with the card we have tonight, we should make up for it. The Joeys seemed pretty sure they were going to come out on top and there were a few moments where it looked like they would. But Davis Wayne Newton picked up the win with a Fisherman Suplex on Joey Minnesota. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 7:37 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Future Threat celebrated their win, although the Joeys complained that the champs cheated. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Backstage Greg Gauge flexed before a mirror, looking smug and pretty confident. He turned around, only to find himself face to face with his father. Sam looked him over and asked if he felt ready. Greg nodded and said it was no problem. He would take on Joel Kovach later tonight and show that old has-been what it meant to face... Sam cut him off, grabbed him by the front of the shirt, and slammed him into the mirror behind him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“No, you won’t. Not with that attitude. Joel Kovach is not someone to be trifled with. Many have tried to defeat him and didn’t take him seriously as a threat. If you want to beat him ... and you can ... you have to take him seriously. Do you think you can do that?”[/COLOR] Greg, a bit surprised at Sam’s intensity, nodded. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) Backstage, Thomas Morgan got in Casey Valentine’s face over what happened to Lauren Easter. Casey laughed it off, saying that she was just an unfortunate accident. Thomas didn’t back down, demanding that Casey face him in the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Agony’s Bikers appeared on camera and mocked Fumihiro Ota for his recent behavior, saying that he was receiving the exact amount of respect he deserved. He wouldn’t find any more in this company or anywhere else. They were cut off by Hugh de Aske, who got in their face and said that Ota deserved better than that. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Fumihiro is a cagey ring veteran who deserves a lot more respect than he’s ever been shown.”[/COLOR] The Bikers laughed at Hugh, saying he was just as big of a joke as Ota. Hugh stepped in close to Lead Belly and dared him to step into the ring to see how much of a joke he was. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] Short and pretty sweet. Thomas put up a good fight but Casey finished things off quickly with a Heartbreaker. WINNER: [B]Casey Valentine [/B]in 5:41 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 9) Matt Gauge arrived backstage and asked someone if his brother had faced Joel yet. He was told he hadn’t, which seemed to please Matt (and creeped the staffer out badly). Matt walked down the hall, rounded a corner, and came face to face with Archangel. Archangel glared at him silently. Matt stared back for a moment and tried to step around him. Archangel didn’t let him pass. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You got a problem, pal?” [/COLOR]Matt growled. Archangel smiled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s the best you can do? Why not ‘bud’ or ‘chum?’ Please, you’re such a cliche. But I do have a problem. Junior. We want you to back off.” “You aren’t going to stop us. Neither of you will.” “That’s yet to be seen. But let me ask you this. Do you even love her?” “Of course I do! I nearly married her before you showed up.” “That was an arranged marriage and you know it. You two may have a lot of heat between you, but that won’t last. Do you love her?”[/COLOR] Matt hesitated and it was pretty clear that he didn’t. He finally snarled, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That doesn’t matter. [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato [/I]wills it, so it shall be.”[/COLOR] Archangel burst out laughing. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Do you hear yourself? This is ridiculous! I swear, you keep this up, and you’ll have a future in stand up, not wrestling.”[/COLOR] Matt shoved Archangel. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Do not mock me unless you can back it up.”[/COLOR] Archangel straightened his clothing. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Oh, I think I can. What say you and me at ‘Unbowed, Unbroken?’” “Done.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 10) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] Oh yeah. King Midas strikes again. Ernest clearly thought he won the match before the match even began. He shoved Izaak around, poked him, generally showed him a lack of respect. He paid for that pretty quickly. Izaak fought back, requiring Ernest to kick things up a few notches just to keep up, especially after Izaak almost got the champ pinned. It was an instant classic. These two put on a heck of a match with lots of drama, a good story, and some nailbiters. Ernest finally set Izaak up for a Good Die Young, only to take too long in hitting it, allowing Izaak to duck through and drop Ernest with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 9:18 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 11) Izaak didn’t seem at all surprised that he won. He laughed at Ernest and then went from post to post to pose for the fans. Ernest clearly didn’t like that. He got up and retrieved his belt. He then used it to knock Izaak senseless and, for good measure, delivered a Good Die Young to Izaak, driving him face-first into the title belt. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 12) The announcers said that at “Unbowed, Unbroken,” Cameron Vessey would defend his Regional Championship against Josh Jones. Not surprisingly, very few people cared. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Are you sure you want to do this?”[/COLOR] The camera pulled back to reveal that Primus Allen was talking to Jay Chord. Jay nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I have to. No offense, man, I love the fact that you’ve got this streak going and normally, I’d root for you to keep going all the way to the top. But I’ve been a bit down on my luck recently and I’m hoping that breaking your streak will help me turn things around. No offense.”[/COLOR] Primus laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“None taken. Well, good luck. You’ll need it.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. JAY C[/B]HORD An okay match. Probably a good thing so people wouldn’t get too burned out. Jay put up a great fight, probably the best that Primus had seen in a while. But in the end, Jay was taken out by a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen[/B] in 8:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 15) Primus helped Jay up and dusted him off. Jay didn’t seem too upset. He was the one who raised Primus’s hand in victory. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 16) Joel Kovach came out to the ring and got a mic. He waited for the crowd to die down before speaking. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know, I’ve got nothing but respect for Sam Keith. Sam is an incredible competitor. We all saw that last week and we do go way back. Sam, I don’t know why you’ve let Angry Gilmore of all people bend your noodle out of shape, but for your sake, I won’t completely destroy your kid.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 17) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] Apparently Greg listened to his father’s advice. Greg was cautious in engaging Joel, locking up tentatively. Joel got the upperhand at first, but the second grapple wound up with Greg flipping Joel over his hip and almost getting a pin. These two put on a great match. Phenomenal. Both men tried to get each other in their submission moves but couldn’t. Both men got near falls but couldn’t get past two and a half (although Greg did get to “two and seven-eighths” at one point). In the end, though, Joel slipped out of the set-up for a Proton Lock and then caught Greg in an Old School Drop. WINNER: [B]Joel Kovach [/B]in 11:34 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Another great show. We got a rating of 8.88. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Future Threat (c) defeated the Joeys 2.0 to retain the MWA Tag Team Championship [/I]-[COLOR="blue"] B-[/COLOR] [I]Casey Valentine defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Ernest Youngman [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Joel Kovach defeated Greg Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on UK Broadcasting Prime & J-Network East [I]Wednesday of Week 3, May 2014[/I] Held at the Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Ernest Youngman came out and hyped himself as the greatest champion who ever lived. That’s why he was having his title match tonight first ... so he could get it out of the way and get out of the rat-trap known as the Gorski Ballroom, hop a plane, and get somewhere civilized. Yes, it was cheap heat. But it worked. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Jason tried to hype up Marc, reminding people that he was one of the youngest people to hold a major promotion’s world heavyweight championship, but Emma derisively pointed out that Ernest, at age 21, is just as impressive. And it was a great match. Ernest and Marc really set the bar high for tonight’s matches, putting on a good show until Ernest ended things with a devastating Good Die Young. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 9:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Ernest celebrated his win, only to suddenly bail out. We soon learned why. Alicia Strong came out of the crowd and went after him, chasing him out of the ring and into the back. The crowd went wild, chanting for them to come back and fight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) The announcers tried to talk over the crowd, saying that Nemesis had finally granted Casey Valentine’s request. He would face Edward Cornell for the MWA Rising Star Title this Sunday at “Unbowed, Unbroken.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Speaking of Casey, he came out to the ring and celebrated the fact that Nemesis, at least, could recognize talent when he saw it. That was why he got his title shot. That was why he would become the MWA Rising Star. He said ti was good, since that meant more people didn’t have to get hurt... Except for him. Before he knew what was happening, Lauren Easter charged out of the back, followed by a referee, and kick started an impromptu match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) [B]LAUREN EASTER vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] Jason reminded folks that the reason why Lauren was out there was because Casey attacked her in a ploy to get a title shot (one that didn’t work). But eventually, he just sat back and enjoyed a very solid match. Lauren continues to impress me with her skill. She looked extremely tough in the ring, taking the fight to a surprised Casey. Casey tried to rally but Lauren simply overwhelmed him, finally taking him out with a Belly to Belly Suplex. WINNER: [B]Lauren Easter [/B]in 6:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) Future Threat found Nemesis backstage and said that they wanted one last match against the Joeys 2.0. Apparently the Joeys were spreading all sorts of stories that the tag champs cheated again and people were listening to them. Future Threat wanted one more time to fight Joey Beauchamp and Joey Minnesota to prove they could do so cleanly. Nemesis listened to their case and promised he’d think about it, saying that he had bigger fish to fry tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) Much to Jason’s surprise, Aaron Andrews came out to the ring. He asked Emma if he wasn’t supposed to be on medical leave after Fumihiro Ota’s attack on him a few weeks ago. It turned out it was true. Aaron was supposed to be on medical leave. But he said he came back because he couldn’t stay away. No, he didn’t come back for the fans (who didn’t appreciate his snide demeanor towards them), but because he knew he was more talented than any of the hacks in the locker room. He came back, against doctor’s orders, to prove that even injured, he could beat anyone ... anyone at all ... from the back. He probably should have qualified that. Out came Archangel, prompting Aaron to freak out. But before the match could get started, Matt Gauge came out and took the spare chair at the announce table. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the rant; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for Archangel’s and Matt’s appearances 9) [B]ARCHANGEL vs. AARON ANDREWS[/B] Aaron tried to beg off, telling referee Shane Stones that he was too injured to fight. From Stones hand gestures, it was clear that the ref couldn’t stop the match. Andrews asked for it, he got it. To Archangel’s credit, he held back a little, making it clear he wasn’t trying to injure Aaron, but it soon became apparent that Aaron was faking most of his injuries to garner sympathy. Matt derided Archangel’s sentimental streak, saying that such sympathy would cost him their match this Sunday. Eventually, Archangel just let loose and overwhelmed Aaron with offense before finally putting him away with a Fall From Grace. WINNER: [B]Archangel[/B] in 10:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 10) Archangel hopped out of the ring and looked ready to attack Matt. But Matt stopped him, saying that as much as he would want to fight Archangel now, he was saving himself. After all, tonight, Joel Kovach continued through the Gauntlet. His opponent would be none other than Matt himself. Matt confidently boasted that tonight, he would destroy Junior’s father and then Sunday, destroy Archangel. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) Cameron Vessey did his best to build up his match against Josh Jones for this Sunday. Sadly, he didn’t sound very convincing. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12)[B] HUGH de ASKE vs. LEAD BELLY[/B] A good breather of a match, one I think the fans needed. Hugh played it for laughs, going so far as to do a little jig at one point to celebrate a near fall. In the end, he put Lead Belly away with a Cut Throat Driver. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 7:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) Before Hugh could clear out of the ring, Ronnie V. Pain hit the ring and attacked him. The two bikers started beating him down, but then Fumihiro Ota hit the ring as well, joining the fray. Soon all four men were brawling. That was ended by Nemesis, who came out and ordered them away from each other. He said that if they were feeling that antsy to fight, he could arrange for it. At “Unbowed, Unbroken,” we’d see the Hired Guns take on Agony’s Bikers! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 14) Backstage, Alicia Strong, who had apparently been hunting for Ernest Youngman, paused long enough to deliver a stern warning. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You thought that you could take me out. You were wrong. You thought that beating down Izaak would somehow frighten me. It only made me angrier. Ernest, this Sunday, I’m going to strip you of your dignity, I’m going to strip you of your pride, and I’m going to strip you of your title. Count on it!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 15) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] A stellar match to end the night. Matt apparently didn’t get the warning from his father. By his attitude, it was clear he expected to win quickly and easily. Not likely. Even though Matt put up a tremendous fight, Joel simply weathered it and finally put Matt down with an Old School Drop. WINNER: [B]Joel Kovach [/B]in 11:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 16) Nemesis came out next. He congratulated Joel on his win. Jason commented that Nemesis seemed a bit reluctant. He shook it off and said that Angry Gilmore had approached him backstage with a suggestion. Normally, Nemesis would tell Angry to shove it and shove off, but it turns out that Angry had a good idea. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“The last Gauntlet match is set for tomorrow against Sam Keith. Angry had a great idea. Both you and Sam have a devastating submission move in your arsenal. So he suggested, and I’ve signed you both, to an ultimate submission match tomorrow. Get some rest, Joel, you’re going to need it.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Yeah, I stacked the deck a little. Who cares? It turned out to be a great show, easily our best TV show ever. We got a rating of 32.87. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Ernest Youngman (c) defeated Marc du Bois to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Lauren Easter defeated Casey Valentine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Archangel defeated Aaron Andrews [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Lead Belly [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Joel Kovach defeated Matthew Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on the Pop! Network; Replayed on TV-Mex, UK Broadcasting Digital, and Japanese Sports Vision 2[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 3, May 2014[/I] (The Go-Home Sow for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/COLOR]) Held at Shakeshaft Auditorium in the Great Lakes Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed everyone to the show. 1) Joel Kovach started things out by saying that while he respected Sam Keith, he was going to make him tap out tonight. He said that an Ultimate Submission match was grueling, but he would endure whatever he had to to get his hands on Angry Gilmore and free his daughter. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Junior saw the previous promo on a monitor and did not look happy about it. Matt came up behind her and hugged her, telling her not to worry. Yes, Matt hadn’t been able to stop Joel last night, but he’d take out Archangel. He suggested she watch the next match, where he’d prove he was still on top. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) [B]EDWARD CORNELL vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] Edward did his best but it was clear that Matt was in control the whole time. In the end, Matt got Edward to tap out with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge [/B]in 6:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Alicia Strong appeared on screen next, saying that Ernest Youngman’s reign of terror was over. She would take his title this Sunday and that would be that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 5) [B]LIBERTY & VENGEANCE vs. AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] An okay match. The Bikers showed why they were former champs as they tore apart what I thought was an interesting combination. In the end, Ronnie took Liberty out with a Power Chord. WINNER: [B]Agony’s Bikers [/B]in 8:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) The Joeys 2.0 were backstage with Nemesis. He was not pleased with them, saying that he didn’t appreciate the fact that they were stirring up the locker room by accusing Future Threat of cheating. Joey Minnesota insisted that they had and that the only way they’d stop making those accusations was if they got one final title shot. Nemesis finally sighed and said that they had it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. THE KID[/B] A good match. Alicia looked on fire, showing intensity and determination that actually gave the Kid a few moments of pause. In the end, she put him down with a Strong Interaction. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 9:53 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) A video promoted Josh Jones, especially since he’s the #1 Contender for the MWA Regional Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) Angry Gilmore found Sam Keith backstage and did his best to psyche him up, saying that his anger would carry him to victory over Joel Kovach. It was pretty clear, though, that Sam didn’t completely buy it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. SAM KEITH [/B]in a [COLOR="Purple"]30-Minute Ultimate Submission Match[/COLOR] Another instant classic. Joel simply dominated Sam (much to my surprise; I had expected Ed Monton to book it a little more evenly). While Sam was able to put up a decent fight, Joel managed to get Sam to tap out three times, whereas Sam didn’t get Joel to tap even once. WINNER: [B]Joel Kovach (3-0)[/B] in 30:00 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 11) Joel tried to help Sam up, but Angry Gilmore hit the ring and tried to attack Joel. Referee Shane Stones separated them but had trouble keeping them away from each other, so soon, the locker room cleared out and people forced them to opposite ends of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] As the show went off the air, Emma and Jason plugged the card for “Unbowed, Unbroken” -- [B]EDWARD CORNELL (c) vs. CASEY VALENTINE for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]HIRED GUNS vs. AGONY’S BIKERS [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]JOSH JONES vs. CAMERON VESSEY (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR][/B] ([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]FUTURE THREAT (c) vs. THE JOEYS 2.0 for [COLOR="red"]the MWA tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B]ARCHANGEL vs. MATTHEW GAUGE [/B]([COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR]) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. ANGRY GILMORE [/B]([COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR]) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Another great show. We got a rating of 9.11. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Matthew Gauge defeated Edward Cornell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Agony’s Bikers defeated Vengeance & Liberty [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated the Kid [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Joel Kovach defeated Sam Keith (3-0) in [COLOR="Purple"]an Ultimate Submission Match [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, predictions, comments, whatever, are welcome.

[B]Edward Cornell[/B] vs Casey Valentine for the MWA Rising Star Championship Hired Guns vs [B]Agony's Bikers[/B] Josh Jones vs. [B]Cameron Vessey[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship [B]Future Threat[/B] vs The Joeys 2.0 for the MWA Tag Team Championship [B]Archangel[/B] vs Matthew Gauge [I]Needs a succesful PPV debut[/I] [B]Joel Kovach[/B] vs Angry Gilmore [I]I really like both guys, but you can't go wrong with the 2-time SWF World champion Joel Kovach and his Kovach Krippler! ;) [/I] Alicia Strong vs [B]Ernest Youngman[/B] for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [I]Keep the title on Youngman so he can lose it to Joel Kovach or Archangel.[/I]

[B]EDWARD CORNELL (c)[/B] vs. CASEY VALENTINE for the MWA Rising Star Title HIRED GUNS vs. [B]AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] [B]JOSH JONES [/B]vs. CAMERON VESSEY (c) for the MWA Regional Championship [B]FUTURE THREAT (c) [/B]vs. THE JOEYS 2.0 for the MWA tag Team Championship [B]ARCHANGEL [/B]vs. MATTHEW GAUGE JOEL KOVACH vs. [B]ANGRY GILMORE[/B] ALICIA STRONG vs. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship

[B]EDWARD CORNELL (c)[/B] vs. CASEY VALENTINE for the MWA Rising Star Title HIRED GUNS vs. [B]AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] JOSH JONES vs. [B]CAMERON VESSEY (c)[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship [B]FUTURE THREAT (c)[/B] vs. THE JOEYS 2.0 for the MWA tag Team Championship [B]ARCHANGEL [/B]vs. MATTHEW GAUGE JOEL KOVACH vs. ANGRY GILMORE [B]Draw, something where there isn't a winner. This is going to be drawn out a little while! [/B] ALICIA STRONG vs.[B] ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship

[B]EDWARD CORNELL (c)[/B] vs. CASEY VALENTINE for the MWA Rising Star Title I'm hesitant on this one, and there's a good chance it'll go the other way. But something tells me this is the right call. [B]HIRED GUNS[/B] vs. AGONY’S BIKERS Ota and Hugh for the win! Ota gets some respect back--probably leading up to a good winning streak. [B]JOSH JONES[/B] vs. CAMERON VESSEY (c) for the MWA Regional Championship More a desired outcome than a prediction. But one can hope. FUTURE THREAT (c) vs. [B]THE JOEYS 2.0[/B] for the MWA tag Team Championship Third time's the charm? ARCHANGEL vs. [B]MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] I like Archangel, but I see this fued continuing beyond this, and Gauge winning makes that easier. [B]JOEL KOVACH[/B] vs. ANGRY GILMORE On the other hand, Kovach needs to finish off the gauntlet properly. ALICIA STRONG vs. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship Youngman holds on for at least one more month, but I don't see Alicia backing off...alternately, Strong wins but Youngman retains.

EDWARD CORNELL (c) vs. [B]CASEY VALENTINE[/B] for the MWA Rising Star Title - Wild guess. [B]HIRED GUNS[/B] vs. AGONY’S BIKERS - Ota gets his respect. JOSH JONES vs. [B]CAMERON VESSEY (c)[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship - Onaccount of the other 2 titles changing. FUTURE THREAT (c) vs. [B]THE JOEYS 2.0[/B] for the MWA tag Team Championship - I think DWN is destined for better things. [B]ARCHANGEL[/B] vs. MATTHEW GAUGE - Yep. JOEL KOVACH vs. [B]ANGRY GILMORE [/B] - Some screwy win. Or maybe a DQ win for Kovach. God knows. ALICIA STRONG vs. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship - For a little longer at least.

[B]EDWARD CORNELL (c)[/B] vs. CASEY VALENTINE for the MWA Rising Star Title - Cornell is solid, and Valentine can go far. [B]HIRED GUNS[/B] vs. AGONY’S BIKERS - If only because de Aske is better than the others in the match. [B]JOSH JONES[/B] vs. CAMERON VESSEY (c) for the MWA Regional Championship - Jones is the future [B]FUTURE THREAT (c)[/B] vs. THE JOEYS 2.0 for the MWA tag Team Championship - Parker and DWN are two of my favourites ARCHANGEL vs. [B]MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] - An upset here, I think [B]JOEL KOVACH[/B] vs. ANGRY GILMORE - Not here, though. I can't see either squad taking both matches at this point, so the result of the first will indicate the result of the second. It could go either way, but Matthew has more to gain from a win than Gilmore, so... Incidentally, in case I haven't said before, I've really enjoyed your portrayal of AG - One of the most compelling characters in this diary or your SWF one. ALICIA STRONG vs. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] (c) for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship - A tough one to call. On the one hand, Alicia deserves the belt. On the other, Ernest is a great champion, and makes for a great figurehead. I'm going for Ernest, if only because I think, on the whole, he has a marginally bigger upside than Alicia - but your milage may vary...

[CENTER][I]MWA presents...[/I] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Sunday of Week 3, May 2014[/I] Held at Mayor Street Arena in the New England Territory 15,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!; Buy-rate of 2.27[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the home audience to the sold out Mayor Street Arena and “Unbowed, Unbroken” ... 1) ... where the main event will be Alicia Strong taking on Ernest Youngman for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) Speaking of which, Alicia Strong came out to the ring. The crowd exploded and she drank in the accolades. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It’s been a long road, hasn’t it?”[/COLOR] She waited for the crowd to die down. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I mean, I’ve held the title belt that Ernest Youngman has before. It seems like such a long time ago. And there have been some miscues along the way. I’ve lost my focus, gone down some dark paths. But I’m back now, and I’m not going to stop until I reclaim what’s mine.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Backstage, Angry Gilmore paced before Greg Gauge, Sam Keith, and Junior. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Tonight we face our greatest challenge. Matthew will fight Archangel. I must fight Joel Kovach. Both men are dangerous, but both men have met their matches in us. But we must stand united and be ready for any eventuality. Be vigilant, my children, and greater glory awaits.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) A video then played, hyping the match between the Hired Guns and Agony’s Bikers, emphasizing how Fumihiro Ota is looking for respect as a wrestler. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) [B]HIRED GUNS vs. AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] A surprisingly good match. The crowd seemed somewhat into the action. Once again, Hugh played it for laughs while Fumihiro had the intensity and drive. It was enough to keep the Bikers off balance. While they were able to get in some good licks, focusing on Hugh and beating him down. But then Hugh managed to tag in Ota, who took Ronnie V. Pain out with a Ninja Strike for the pin and the win. WINNERS: [B]Hired Guns [/B]in 8:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) The Joeys 2.0 ranted about Future Threat, claiming that they were nothing more than cheaters who would finally be brought to justice by them. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Fumihiro Ota was ecstatic. Hugh de Aske joined his celebration, saying that he knew things would turn around for him. From Hugh’s attitude, he thought it was all over. But Ota said that he was going to move on. Bigger things awaited. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) Matthew Gauge appeared on screen, saying that tonight, he would destroy Archangel. He called him an interloper, someone who interfered in things that were not his business. He said that he would pay for that. Matt would break him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) [B]EDWARD CORNELL (c) vs. CASEY VALENTINE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] An average match. Edward started out in control and got the first near pin, but Casey kept kicking out. Somehow Casey managed to catch a second wind and wrested control from Edward and managed to put him away with a Heartbreaker. WINNER: [B]Casey Valentine [/B]in 9:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Casey celebrated his win, hugging the title belt to himself over and over. Edward came over and tried to shake his hand, but Casey refused, ordering him out of the ring. He then got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What did I tell you? What did I tell you? I took the belt fair and square and Edward could not stop me! I am invincible! Nobody can stop me!”[/COLOR] Apparently someone was listening and took that as a challenge. Out to the ring came Primus Allen, a determined look on his face. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the respect; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the boasting 11) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] The crowd loved this. Primus caught Casey, who took a few half-hearted swipes at him, before Primus put him down with a Running Powerlsam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 1:19 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 12) Joel Kovach appeared, saying that he was going to enjoy getting into the ring with Angry Gilmore tonight. He said he had some pent up frustration he was looking forward to working out. And once Angry Gilmore was nothing more than an unpleasant memory, he’d make things right with his daughter again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 13) Future Threat sounded off next, saying that they were sick of the rumors and the innuendo. They were not cheaters. They didn’t need to cheat. They were the tag champs. They would prove it again tonight when they silenced the Joeys once and for all. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) In a darkened corner of the backstage area, Archangel slowly stretched out, working his arms and legs. He then rose and started to leave, but it appeared as if an idea occurred to him. Instead of heading toward the ring, he went deeper into the arena. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 15) A video played, hyping the feud between the Joeys and Future Threat. Overlaying the footage were whispered accusations that the champs had cheated. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 16) [B]FUTURE THREAT (c) vs. THE JOEYS 2.0[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A pretty good match. Davis and Steven were obviously furious with the Joeys. Joey Beauchamp played into that, taunting them and even insisting that the ref check them for foreign objects, even in the middle of the match. Joey Minnesota seemed to tolerate that but stuck mostly to fighting. After some nailbiters, Steven Parker put Joey Beauchamp down with a Future Shock. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 11:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 17) As the teams cleared out of the ring, referee Shane Stones looked down and saw something that caused him to frown: a pair of brass knuckles. He picked them up and looked around, confused. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 18) Archangel walked purposefully through the backstage area until he found who he was looking for: Junior. She did not look happy to see him. He said he wanted to give her one last chance. All she had to do was come and talk to Joel. That was all: just talk. She didn’t have to do or even promise to do anything. Just listen. If she did that, Archangel would leave Matt alone. No match and, even more: he’d leave the MWA. Junior stared at him and told him it wouldn’t work. She wouldn’t fall for it. He was wasting his breath when he should be saying his prayers since Matt was going to destroy him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 19) [B]ARCHANGEL vs. MATT GAUGE[/B] Shoot. Bad chemistry. Still, not too bad of a match. Matt jump started the match by attacking Archangel before the bell could even ring. Matt even got Archangel set up for the Proton Lock within the first two minutes but he managed to break free. It took off from there. If not for the missed spots and uneven flow, this might have been a great match. But in the end, Archangel caught the momentum and ran with it. Before long, Matt was reeling and it was pretty obvious Archangel was stalking him for the Fall From Grace. But then Junior charged the ring and attacked Archangel, laying him out and putting him in a Triangle Choke. Referee Shane Stones immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Archangel by DQ [/B]in 14:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 20) Matt got a mic and then he and Junior taunted Archangel. Junior took point, ripping into Archangel for assuming she wouldn’t fight back as well. They strutted out of the ring, arms around each other, while Stones checked on Archangel. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 21) [B]JOSH JONES vs. CAMERON VESSEY (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Another kind of blah match. Hopefully we’ll be able to redeem it with the last matches. At any rate, it was pretty clear that Josh and Cameron were out to destroy each other. They did their best to take each other out with move after move. Eventually, the brawl spilled out of the ring and Shane Stones eventually had to disqualify both of them. WINNER: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 11:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 22) Sam Keith found Junior and Matt making out in their locker room. He didn’t look happy. He looked even more unhappy when he realized that Greg was lurking in a corner and watching. He rallied the troops and said that Il Padrone Arrabiato had need of them. He was facing Joel Kovach next and needed them to make sure he won. So it was time to go out to the ring and do just that. But, much to his surprise, they couldn’t get out of the room. He tried to push the door open but it wouldn’t budge. Even with all four of them pushing, it did no good. The camera cut to outside the room, where it was revealed that a forklift had been parked up against the door. Archangel, as battered and sore as he looked, leaned against the far wall with a smile. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It’s all up to you now, Joel,” [/COLOR]he whispered. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 23) [B]ANGRY GILMORE vs. JOEL KOVACH[/B] Oh brother. More bad chemistry. At least the drama overrode that, especially as the crowd got into it. Angry seemed a little surprised that nobody was with him at ringside. That seemed to throw him off a little but he got himself under control and faced off with Joel. Both men scored near falls. Both men grew more and more frustrated, especially as they were able to block each other’s finishers while being unable to land their own. The crowd eventually stayed on their feet as the two battered wrestlers tried to put the other down. In the end, Angry managed to block an attempted Old School Drop and turned it into an Anger Unleashed. WINNER: [B]Angry Gilmore [/B]in 18:29 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 24) Ernest Youngman finally appeared. He admitted that Alicia Strong was Grand Champion, but that was back before he came to the MWA. He said that if he had been here from the start, Ultimate Phoenix wouldn’t have been the first Grand Champion. He said Alicia wouldn’t have ever laid a finger on it. He said the belt would have been his from Day One. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Well, I can’t change history, but I do know what my future is. It’s this belt. And I’m not going to lose it now ... or ever. Bring it on, Alicia. Bring. It. On.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 25) Joel Kovach limped backstage and found Archangel. Archangel sighed and handed a towel to him. Joel collapsed with a groan and dabbed away some blood and sweat. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So now what?” [/COLOR]Archangel asked. Joel grimaced. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well, taking out the head didn’t work. So I guess ... Plan B.”[/COLOR] Archangel’s eyes widened. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You sure?”[/COLOR] Joel nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I am. Plan B.”[/COLOR] Archangel nodded as well and then slapped Joel on the back, causing him to wince and then scream in pain. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 26) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Phenomenal match. At least we ended on a great note. Alicia and Ernest were positively intense. Lots of high spots, some vicious blows. Ernest started bleeding early on. That didn’t deter him or Alicia. They simply kept going, keeping the fans on their feet for most of the match. In the end, Alicia managed to hit a Strong Interaction that seemed to take Ernest out of the running. But at two-and-a-half, Ernest kicked out. Alicia tried to get him pinned again but it was no use. Ernest somehow managed to rally and finally took Alicia out with a Good Die Young. But Ernest was down and out as well. Referee Baby Jamie seemed flummoxed but finally started to count them out. At six, both Ernest and Alicia twitched. But it was Ernest who managed to roll over and drape an arm across Alicia’s chest. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 31:57 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad. Alicia and Ernest really saved us. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM- [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Hired Guns defeated Agony’s Bikers [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Casey Valentine defeated Edward Cornell (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Casey Valentine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat (c) defeated the Joeys 2.0 to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Archangel defeated Matthew Gauge by DQ [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones drew with Cameron Vessey (c), so Cameron retained [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Angry Gilmore defeated Joel Kovach [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman (c) defeated Alicia Strong to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Archived