MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[I][SIZE="3"]For Every Action...[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Sunday of Week 3, October 2014[/I][/B] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What do you mean, we weren’t on Pay-Per-View?”[/COLOR] The staffers quailed in front of me. Here I thought we had put on a great show and the money would pour in, especially since we had jumped from USA Free Choice to North America Prime Select, especially since we had to pay all of the guest workers. We’d take a huge financial hit because of this, not to mention all of the angry fans who would not be pleased. I sighed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Okay. This is what we’re going to do. Put the show on the website for free. Anyone who actually sent in money to North America Prime Select or makes a fuss, get their addresses and we will send them a copy of the DVD and some extra swag to make up for– ”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Scapino!”[/COLOR] I winced. As if this night couldn’t get any worse. At least I had expected this. I turned as Dan Stone Jr. stormed up to me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What is Sean doing here?” “Wrestling?”[/COLOR] His features hardened. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“When you contacted my father, you said that none of the guest workers would win.” “So I did.”[/COLOR] I waited. Dan wasn’t stupid. I knew that much. Sure enough, I could see the pieces fall into place. He stiffened, rage pouring over his facial features. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You... You... My father told you he was off limits.” “So he did.” “He’s not going to be happy about this.” “I didn’t suppose he would. But then, I’m not in this business to keep Dan Stone Sr. happy. I’m in this business to do as best as I can. Besides, Sean could have turned me down. He didn’t. What does that tell you?”[/COLOR] Dan sputtered for a few more moments before he took a step toward me. It was all I could do to keep from taking a step back but I knew he wouldn’t touch me. His father didn’t need the lawsuit. He finally poked a finger in my face. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“This isn’t over.” “I’m sure it isn’t.”[/COLOR] He glared at me and I wondered if he was trying to set me on fire with his mind. He then turned and stomped away. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Dan!”[/COLOR] He turned back to me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“When you talk to your father, and I know you will, remind him that I have you on loan for another month. You even think of no-showing between now and then, I’ll give Amy Dumas a call and sue you guys until you’re nothing but a backyard fed. Understand?”[/COLOR] He glared at me but nodded. As he turned to leave, I spoke up again. I probably shouldn’t have done it, but I couldn’t resist. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Tell your dad I said hi.”[/COLOR]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[I][SIZE="3"]The Martyr[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Sunday of Week 3, October 2014[/I][/B] Once I had the Pay-Per-View snafu squared away, I discovered I was the last person associated with the MWA in the park. I drove myself back to the hotel, wanting nothing more than to collapse into my bed. But then I heard the laughter from the bar and the voices sounded very familiar. I ducked inside and found a group of workers gathered around a table, Sean McFly at the center. Alicia looked up and hopped off of Jay’s lap. I swallowed a chuckle. I don’t know why she was so uncomfortable around me lately. Whatever the case, I sauntered to the group. Several of them looked up and smiled in greeting. Sean’s was noticeably strained. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hey boss,”[/COLOR] Arthur Bradley said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Just swapping some war stories with Sean.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Very cool,”[/COLOR] I said. Some of the workers exchanged looks and promptly excused themselves, saying that they were tired. I took one of the vacant chairs and listened as the conversation sputtered, mostly because Sean fell silent. Jim Force tried to pick up the slack but apparently his tales weren’t as good as Sean’s. More people trickled from the table, citing the late hour, until it was only Sean and me. As soon as Ash Campbell disappeared, Sean met my gaze. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You okay?”[/COLOR] I shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Dan was upset, like you thought he would be. You?”[/COLOR] His jaw clenched for a moment. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Been better.” “Yeah, I noticed Jay hit you pretty hard. You got checked by the docs?” “It’s not that. I’m just having ... second thoughts.”[/COLOR] I laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“A little late for that, isn’t it?”[/COLOR] He chuckled ruefully. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Yeah. I don’t know. When I signed that contract with you last month, I was sure I was doing the right thing. Don’t worry, I’m not going to back out ...” “But?” “But I’m just ... having cold feet. I guess.”[/COLOR] He glanced at me and smiled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Don’t worry. I’m reminding myself why I came south again. Should be fine by morning.”[/COLOR] His words sparked a question, one that escaped my lips before I could corral it. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Why did you sign with us? When I put out feelers a few months ago, I was told you weren’t interested in leaving North of the Border. At all.” “True. Very true.” “So what changed?”[/COLOR] He studied the mouth of his beer bottle. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What happened after you put out those feelers. I heard the rumors from the guys you worked with in the SWF. You were looking for new workers and specifically asked if they knew whether I wanted to make the jump. Like you said, I wasn’t interested. “And then I found out that my father-in-law took it upon himself to say no for me. Uh huh. Victoria came home one night and said I didn’t need to worry about the MWA ‘bugging’ me anymore. Dad took care of everything.”[/COLOR] His grip tightened on the bottle and I worried it would shatter. He blew out a sharp breath and set it down. I couldn’t blame him. The odd meeting with Dan Stone still haunted me and was the primary reason why I didn’t hesitate to sign Sean when he became available. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Everyone thinks that Dan Stone is some big cuddly grandpa, you know? What they don’t realize is that he’s got a tight control on everything, especially his family. Let me put it to you this way. When Dan says jump, his kids don’t say, ‘How high?’ No, they just start bouncing and hope they get it right.” “So you left because Dan took it upon himself to confront me?” “Not exactly.” “Then why?”[/COLOR] He sighed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I did it for Lucy.” “Your daughter?”[/COLOR] He nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Did you know that Dan has already started training her to be a wrestler?”[/COLOR] I hadn’t heard that. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“She’s what, twelve?” “Eleven.”[/COLOR] He winced at my startled look. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It’s not like he has her running the ropes or anything. He started when she was five. Insisted on paying for gymnastics lessons. Then two years ago, had her go to theatre camp. Just six months ago, he started showing her how the moves work, showed her old tapes to explain the psychology of the matches. Did you see the match I had against Jeremy at ‘Grappling Glory’ earlier this year?”[/COLOR] I hadn’t, but I said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I heard it was an incredible fight.” “It was. Lucy put most of it together. Dan was her mouthpiece, but she did most of the work.” “That’s incredible. Just imagine what she’ll be able to do after she debuts. I’m kind of jealous.”[/COLOR] Sean’s grip tightened to the point his knuckles went white against the brown glass. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s just it. Everyone assumes that Lucy’s gonna be a wrestler for the family company. It wouldn’t surprise me if Dan has a file in his office with Lucy’s name on it, detailing when she’ll debut, how her feuds will go, when she’ll get the women’s title, when she’ll lose it, when she’ll retire, all that. “But here’s the thing. What if Lucy wants a good cross-gender match? She’s made us buy MWA DVDs since you guys debuted. Her grandfather would never go for that; he’s a bit too old fashioned for it. So what if Lucy wants to work for the MWA? “Or what happens if she doesn’t want to be a wrestler? What if she wants to go to college and become a doctor? Or a teacher? Hell, what if she just wants to marry some guy and pop out rug rats and never set foot in a ring? “If Dan Stone went ballistic because a competitor sniffed around his son-in-law, how do you think he’ll react if his granddaughter doesn’t bounce when he says jump?”[/COLOR] I nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You’re worried he wouldn’t exactly be thrilled.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Exactly. So I had to find out. The way I see it, I very well could be worried over nothing. In a month, I could be having a drink with my father-in-law and laughing over how stupid I’ve been. Or I could be paving the way for Lucy to do her own thing. If she does buck him at some point, he can say she’s taking after her dad.”[/COLOR] He pushed the bottle away. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“The thing I worry about most, though, is that Lucy will want to work for Dan and be fine with whatever he has planned. If that’s the case, I’ve thrown away a good relationship with my father-in-law, friendship with my brothers-in-law, and possibly my marriage for nothing.”[/COLOR] I tried to say something, but he rose from the table. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Excuse me. I have to call Victoria.”[/COLOR] And with that, he left me to stare at his half-full bottle.

I realize I should have done this a while ago. Ladies and gentlemen, now that things are settling down again, here are the rosters for the two brands, with heels in red and faces in blue: [B][SIZE="3"]ALPHA[/SIZE][/B] [U]Main Eventers[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Archangel[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Joey Minnesota[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Junior[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Marc du Bois[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Sean McFly[/COLOR] [U]Upper Midcarders[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews Angry Gilmore[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Davis Wayne Newton[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Greg Gauge Sam Keith [/COLOR]<---- Current MWA Rising Star Title holder [COLOR="blue"]Steven Parker[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Wolf Hawkins[/COLOR] [U]Midcarders[/U] [COLOR="red"]Cameron Vessey Casey Valentine[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell Fumihiro Ota Mainstream Hernandez[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Matthew Gauge The Kid[/COLOR] [U]Lower Midcarders[/U] [COLOR="blue"]Acid II Ash Campbell[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Burning EXILE[/COLOR] <----Current MWA 10 Minute Champion (and on a short term contract) [COLOR="red"]KC Glenn[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Remmy Skye[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Ronnie V. Pain[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Steve Gumble[/COLOR] [U]Openers[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Bradley Blaze Irwin Gutmann[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Roland Lebowski[/COLOR] [U]Enhancement Talent[/U] n/a [B][SIZE="3"]OMEGA[/SIZE][/B] [U]Main Eventers[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Ernest Youngman Jay Chord[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Joel Kovach Liberty[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Randy Bumfhole[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Zimmy Bumfhole[/COLOR] [U]Upper Midcarders[/U] [COLOR="blue"]Arthur Dexter Bradley[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Bulldozer Brandon Smith Chance Fortune[/COLOR] [U]Midcarders[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Agent 69 Des Davids[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR] (but booked more as a tweener) [COLOR="blue"]Jim Force[/COLOR] <----- On a short term contract [COLOR="Red"]Joey Beauchamp[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Josh Jones Lauren Easter [/COLOR]<----- Current MWA Women’s Champion [COLOR="Red"]Lead Belly[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Masked Patriot[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Mean Jean Cattley[/COLOR] <-----Current MWA American Champion [COLOR="red"]Sergeant Bubba Lee West[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Vengeance[/COLOR] [U]Lower Midcarders[/U] [COLOR="blue"]Joanne Rodriguez Thomas Morgan[/COLOR] [U]Openers[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Brooke Tyler[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Jaime Quine[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]The Silencer[/COLOR] [U]Enhancement Talent[/U] [COLOR="red"]Amber Allen[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Fuyuko Higa Megumi Nakajima[/COLOR] [U][SIZE="3"][B]NON BRANDED[/B][/SIZE][/U] [COLOR="blue"]Alicia Strong [/COLOR]<------ ½ of MWA Tag Team Champions [COLOR="blue"]Izaak Tischler [/COLOR]<------ Other ½ of MWA Tag Team Champions [COLOR="blue"]Primus Allen [/COLOR]<------- Current MWA World Heavyweight Champion

Yeah, looks like you're doing what I did with EXILE - bring him in, give him the strap, get him strong, and then give one of your boys serious rub as he leaves. Well worth it. Thanks for the roster split - I nearly did a Markdown analysis when the split came up, but for the life of me couldn't be sure I had everyone on each brand.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 4, October 2014[/I] Held at Virginia Park Fields in the Mid Atlantic Territory 7,927 in attendance[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic appeared on screen to say that tonight, we’d see Davis Wayne Newton take on Junior. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) Primus Allen came out to the ring. He tried to celebrate his win over Ernest Youngman but you could tell he was distracted. His speech started to hitch and he stopped several times. He finally stopped talking about Ernest entirely, saying that he had to deal with the fact that Sean McFly was waiting in the wings. He said he knew he’d be in for the fight of his life against Sean. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“He’s good, no doubt about it. When I asked for the battle royal, I hoped I would find a great opponent. I’ll be honest, I never expected someone like...”[/COLOR] A wolf’s howl interrupted him. Wolf came out and told him that he was just making excuses. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“If you have the strap, you have to be ready for all comers. Like Sean. Like me. While everyone else was out whoopin’ it up and partying, I was tracking down Nemesis and getting a title shot against you for tonight.”[/COLOR] Primus snapped out of his funk and grinned ferally. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You can try, pup, but you’ll be put down.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Nemesis appeared in his office, a broad smile on his face. He said that he loved the battle royal on Sunday and it inspired him. So much star power in one match. But there was a fight he wanted to see and didn’t get the chance to. A dream match. The kind of fight that came along once in a lifetime. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I know fans have wanted to see this for years, and now we will. The MWA will be neutral ground for the fight of the century. At ‘Field of Honor,’ Dan Stone Jr. will face none other than Steve DeColt!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. STEVE DeCOLT[/B] Steve DeColt played to the crowd, sneering and snarling. He took control of the match and knocked Parker around before putting him down with a DeColt Stampede and pinned him, arrogance shining through. WINNER: [B]Steve DeColt[/B] in 7:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 5) Angry Gilmore paced before his Family. He was not happy with any of them. He said that Matt, Archangel, and Junior should be ashamed of themselves for the way they conducted themselves in the battle royal. Greg spent his time moping instead of backing up the rest of the Family when they needed it. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And one of you spent your time grandstanding when you could have supported us.”[/COLOR] Sam tried to speak up, but Angry glared him back into silence. He said that they had to forget their petty squabbles. They had to unite now, more than ever before. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“The MWA is becoming more crowded and we will have to fight hard to reestablish our dominance. We should start tonight by focusing our energies on Junior’s match tonight. How we come out of this will determine our fate.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 6) [B]THE KID vs. BURNING EXILE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] An okay match but not nearly the best. The two fought through the match until EXILE hit the Exile Driver. WINNER: [B]Burning EXILE[/B] in 5:46 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Fumihiro Ota was backstage, watching the match, and looking pretty depressed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) The camera cut to the parking lot to show Sean McFly getting out of his car and heading to the building. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) Backstage, Junior chased Matt through the halls, trying to talk to him. She said he owed her after what happened on Sunday. He whirled on her and snapped that if anyone owed anyone else, it was the other way around. That only confused Junior. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You heard me!”[/COLOR] He stomped off and the chase was back on again. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) The Odd Couple now came out. Alicia got the mic and said that it felt great to be back on Blade’s Edge. She said that she and Izaak were thrilled to be back and they were going to mix things up on both brands. Before Izaak could add his own comments, though, Vessey & Valentine came out and said that their title reign was going to be mercifully brief. They wanted a chance for the titles tonight. Izaak smirked and said that would be fine. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the hype; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the challenge 11) Greg Gauge was backstage looking glum when his father approached him. Sam asked him if he had noticed a shift in the Family’s attitude or not, especially in the way [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I] was behaving, especially towards him. Greg’s face contorted and he exploded, asking if his father ever thought of anyone besides himself. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“There are other people in this Family too, you know, and not just in terms of the faith. Maybe you should take a look around and see how they’re doing once in a while. But no, you’re too wrapped up with your title to even care. So let’s change that. You think you’re so great, then it should be you and me next week for the Rising Star Title!”[/COLOR] Sam seemed taken aback by the hostility. He said he didn’t think that it would be a good idea for the two of them to fight. When Greg implied that he was a coward, though, Sam said he would take it up with [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I] to see what he thought. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. JUNIOR[/B] Great match. Jason said that Davis showed why he was a former champion while Emma countered that Junior was once again proving why she was a major contender in the MWA. Davis was on fire and Junior tried to match his intensity. But you could tell that something was weighing heavily on her mind. She tried to take Davis out with both the Old School Drop and the Triangle Choke, but he dodged and slid through both before dropping her to the mat and getting her to tap with the STF. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] in 9:21 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 13) Wolf Hawkins appeared on screen to hype himself, saying that he was going to shoot to new heights tonight by taking out Primus Allen. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And you know I’ll do better than Marc du Bois! The loser! I mean, who threw who out of the ring this past Sunday, right? If I were him, I wouldn’t even bother showing my face tonight.”[/COLOR] Apparently Marc didn’t feel the same way. He confronted Wolf and demanded one last one-on-one match for next week. Wolf blew him off, saying that it was ridiculous to even bother anymore. He brushed past Marc and started to leave, but Marc said he wanted that match and he’d do anything to get it ... even put his contract on the line. That stopped Wolf in his tracks. He turned and asked if Marc was serious. Marc said he was. If Marc lost, he’d leave the MWA forever. Wolf smiled and said he was on. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) [B]THE ODD COUPLE (c) vs. VESSEY & VALENTINE[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Alicia looked a bit off her game tonight, but I don’t know if that’s why this match dragged the way it did. Cameron and Casey did their best to slow down the champs and squeak through with a victory, but Izaak carried his team through to a victory, putting down Casey with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]The Odd Couple [/B]in 8:06 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 15) Sam Keith stood before Angry Gilmore backstage and laid out Greg’s challenge. Sam didn’t seem to think that the fight was a good idea. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“We should focus our anger on the unbelievers, not each other.”[/COLOR] But Angry disagreed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Iron sharpens iron, does it not? Your son, it would seem, has lost his edge. Perhaps he could find it again by facing you. The match will go forward.”[/COLOR] Sam seemed shocked at the pronouncement but dutifully bowed and walked away. Angry glowered at him as he left. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 16) Meanwhile, Archangel found Junior backstage. She was crying bitterly. He sat down next to her and asked what was wrong. She refused to talk but after some gentle prompting, she spilled it all, saying she felt lost and confused. Archangel put an arm around her and pulled her in close, saying that it would be okay. It was at that moment that Matt came along. He saw the two of them together and his face contorted with rage. Junior called his name, jumping away from Archangel. But Matt spun and stormed away, Junior following after him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 17) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN (c) vs. WOLF HAWKINS[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Wolf came out to the ring acting as if he had already won. Emma said that he had every reason to strut. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Title shot this week, the chance to end Marc du Bois’s career next week. Everything is coming up roses for Wolf.”[/COLOR] But Primus changed that and in a hurry. He weathered Wolf’s initial offense without breaking a sweat and then fired back with some devastating hits of his own. Before too long, Wolf found himself in the fight of his life, trying to merely contain Primus and finding that he couldn’t. The one time Wolf managed to try a Full Moon Rising, Primus sidestepped it and snatched Wolf out of the air, turning it into a Primed and Ready. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen[/B] in 9:38 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 18) Primus got up and took his belt, only to freeze as Sean McFly’s entrance music hit. Sean walked out to the ring and got inside, stepping toe-to-toe with Primus and staring at him. Neither man said anything, but Primus finally took a step back and rolled out of the ring, backing up the ramp and leaving Sean to stare after him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Good show all around. We got a rating of 37.67. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Steve DeColt defeated Steven Parker[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Burning EXILE (c) defeated the Kid to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Junior[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]The Odd Couple (c) defeated Vessey & Valentine to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen (c) defeated Wolf Hawkins to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Scap, just wanted to say I really like your take on the Stone clan -- it's a unique and interesting perspective. On top of it, you've acutally created a decent reason for there to be tension between Sean and Victoria; a difference of opinion on how they want their daughter raised! (It's always bugged me that nearly everyone thinks Sean and Victoria shouldn't be together, but only because they want Sean available in their games, not for any canonical C-Verse reason.)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 4, October 2014[/I] Held at Wisconsin Gardens in the Great Lakes Territory 6,854 in attendance[/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]JOSH JONES vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] Not the killer opener I hoped for, but it was a bit above average, so I guess I’ll have to take it. Josh and Hugh brawled through the ring until Hugh put Josh down with a Skull and Cross Bones. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 9:25 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) The announcers said that later on tonight, we’d see Arthur Dexter Bradley fight Ernest Youngman. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) Jim Force arrived at the arena and bumped into Amber Allen backstage. He said he was glad to see her and asked if she would mind stitching up part of his costume. Apparently it tore this past Sunday. Amber was offended and asked who he thought she was. Jim said he figured she was a costumer or something. Amber launched into a pretty nasty invective about how he’d better watch it, or she’d shove his tights down his throat. Jim didn’t appreciate that and argued back, but it all came to a halt when Nemesis came along. He chided Jim for his out-of-touch attitude, noting that it was the 21st century and this was the MWA. To teach him a bit of a lesson, Nemesis booked Jim in a match against Amber for tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Jay Chord came out to the ring and started mocking Joel Kovach, saying that here Joel made such noise backstage about how he was going to destroy Archangel the first chance he got, but look what happened. He was eliminated from the battle royal before he could. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And who did that? Oh, that’s right. Me. You’d better keep yourself focused and ready, Kovach. I’m not done with you. Not by a long shot.”[/COLOR] Joel came out to the ring entrance and told Jay to drop it and move on. He had. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’ve spent enough time and effort on you. No more distractions. I’m not interested. Go bark up someone else’s tree.”[/COLOR] Jay did not want to hear that. He demanded that Joel come down and fight him right then and there. Joel refused, saying that he knew someone else wanted a piece of Jay... Out came Randy Bumfhole. Randy said that he had been impressed with Jay’s performance on Sunday and wanted to see how well he’d do one on one. Jay grudgingly agreed to the match, but you could tell he wasn’t happy. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the taunting; [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] for the response; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the challenge 5) [B]JIM FORCE vs. AMBER ALLEN[/B] Wow. All this with good chemistry. Hoo boy. Jim clearly didn’t know what he was doing in the ring with Amber. He tried to call it all off but Amber kept after him, finally forcing him to defend himself. Jim fought back a bit hesitantly, but in the end, he wound up getting pinned after a Northern Lights Suplex. WINNER: [B]Amber Allen [/B]in 7:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Lauren Easter found Agent 69 and told her she wanted her in the worst way ... in the ring. She’d even put up her Women’s Championship to get the match. Agent 69 stepped in close and said it would be her pleasure. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the response 7) Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Des Davids were backstage and not happy. They complained bitterly to each other about the fact that they had been banished to the Omega brand thanks to the Odd Couple. From the way they talked, you’d think that their pet died or something. Things took a turn for the worse when Team Freedom happened along. Liberty tried to encourage the former tag champs to see the bright side of things. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“This is the land of opportunity, after all. Did you know that the Chinese word for ‘crisis’ contains the symbol for ‘opportunity?’ It’s true. You have to jettison the negativity and focus on the positivity. Make the lemonade. Silver lining.”[/COLOR] Des heard enough and planted his hand on Liberty’s face and shoved him away. Masked Patriot was immediately on him and a brawl erupted backstage. Officials separated the two teams and then Nemesis came along and said that if they were so eager to mix it up, they could do so in the ring later tonight. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] A rare miss from King Midas, but it was due to some bad chemistry. Ana and I did our best to play it off as Ernest being despondent over missing his shot against the MWA World Heavyweight Championship this past Sunday. He played his part well, trying to keep ADB away from him while steadily losing hope. ADB finally scored the win with a Samoan Spike DDT. WINNER: [B]Arthur Dexter Bradley [/B]in 9:42 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B[/COLOR] 9) Before ADB could get out of the ring, Chance Fortune charged out and rolled in. Chance took a swing, which ADB ducked. Soon the two of them were embroiled in a fight, one that only broke up when officials swarmed the ring and separated them. I wondered if there was something in the water tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) [B]TEAM FREEDOM vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Pretty good match. The former tag champs showed why they had held gold for so long, systematically working over Liberty and keeping him isolated from Masked Patriot. But even when Liberty managed to tag in his partner, it did no good. Smith put Masked Patriot out of commission with a Backdrop Driver. WINNER: [B]Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 9:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) Liberty helped Masked Patriot up after the match and they accepted what adulation they could get from the crowd. That changed as Sarge and the Silencer hit the ring and destroyed them. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) Zimmy Bumfhole appeared on screen and said that he agreed with the fans. Drawing at a major pay-per-view for a title was ridiculous. He wasn’t happy about it either, and he intended to do something about it. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“The next Omega Pay-Per-View isn’t for two months, but I want to get on the card now. You and me, Mean Jean, for the American Championship, at ‘Dangerous Days.’ What do you say?”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) [B]RANDY BUMFHOLE vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Great cap to the show. Jay and Randy pulled out all the stops for this one, knocking each other around the ring before Jay finally finished things with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 12:57 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Amber was apparently overused. We got a rating of 24.09. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Josh Jones [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Amber Allen defeated Jim Force [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Arthur Dexter Bradley defeated Ernest Youngman [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Team Liberty [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Randy Bumfhole [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Thursday of Week 4, October 2014[/I][/B] From ProWrestlingHits.com [QUOTE][B][I]Remmy Skye gone from the MWA [/I][/B]- Early reports are trickling in that Remmy Skye has been terminated from his contract with the MWA. While we can’t confirm anything substantial, our sources say that it was due to frequent tardiness.[/QUOTE] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, November 2014 -[/I][/B] As I suspected, we took a financial hit thanks to that mistake. We lost a little over a quarter of a million dollars. Not good, but not as bad of a problem as you might think, since our war chest totals around $10,000,000 right now.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 1, November 2014[/I] Held at the Minnesota Coliseum in the Mid West Territory 8,172 in attendance[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed everyone to the show. 1) Things started off with Sean McFly coming out to the ring. He got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I suppose you’re wondering why I’m even here. I know all of you got used to seeing me on North of the Border Professional Wrestling and most of you know why I was up there. So why am I here? Why did I take part in the battle royal? “Up north, I rose through the ranks and I fought most of the people there. It got to the point where I felt like I was spinning my wheels and just going nowhere. “And then I heard about Primus Allen. The streak. The juggernaut. The unbeatable wrestler who had wracked up almost forty consecutive wins. People were whispering that he could never be stopped. And I felt a fire in my belly. I saw a challenge I couldn’t pass up. “Primus may have the streak, he may have the title, but he’s missing some stuff: my impressive physique, my command of the ring, my sharp mind for strategy. He may have the momentum, but I’ve got what it takes to knock his legs out from under him and destroy him. So that’s why I ...”[/COLOR] That’s as far as he got. Dan Stone Jr. came out to the ring entrance. He seethed for a moment or two before calling Sean a traitor and demanding that the two of them wrestle in the ring tonight! Sean told Dan to settle down or he’d tell “daddy” on him, but he agreed to the match all the same. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA vs. AARON ANDREWS[/B] Great match. Fumihiro seemed to sleepwalk his way through the match, but in a good way. Jason said it was hard to watch since it was easy to tell that Ota was feeling the crushing weight of his recent losing streak on him. Aaron took advantage of his distracted state, knocking him around the ring before finally putting him down with a Flying Body Press. WINNER: [B]Aaron Andrews [/B]in 10:05 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) As soon as Aaron got off him, Ota rolled out of the ring and trudged toward the back, ignoring the fans around him. Aaron got on the mic and taunted him, saying that he shouldn’t have been surprised at his loss. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Everyone knows you suck, Ota!” [/COLOR]he said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You’re just finally realizing it yourself.”[/COLOR] Aaron went on, but Ota didn’t flinch or even acknowledge that Aaron was talking to him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 4) Archangel approached Angry Gilmore backstage. After bowing to him, Archangel told Angry that he was worried about Junior and Matthew Gauge. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Their relationship seems to have soured, and I fear it’s going to affect not only their performance in the ring, but the health of the Family overall. I was hoping that you could do something to help them.”[/COLOR] Angry thought about it and said that he would. He thanked Archangel for bringing this to his attention and for being such a loyal disciple to his ways. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Hardcore Legacy was backstage, heading for the ring, when they bumped into the Odd Couple. Alicia and Izaak were happy to see them and wished them luck in their upcoming match. Ash and Acid II thanked them for the well wishes. Ash joked that if everything went well out there, maybe they’d be coming after the tag titles next. Alicia and Izaak welcomed the idea. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 6) [B]HARDCORE LEGACY vs. KC & THE KID[/B] An okay match, one that Ash seemed to shine in the most. KC Glenn and the Kid did their best to bring down Ash and Acid II, but all they could do was delay the ending, which consisted of Ash taking out KC with an Ash 2 Ash. WINNERS: [B]Hardcore Legacy [/B]in 8:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Angry Gilmore found Matthew Gauge backstage and, rather than be gentle, ripped into him for his attitude. He castigated him for taking Junior out of the battle royal a week and a half ago. He said that Junior was the shining star of the Family of Faith, their crowning jewel, and that Matt should be treating her better. Matt said nothing, but you could tell that he was seething by the end of the tirade. Angry left him, only to run into Roland Lebowski backstage. Angry brushed past him, but Roland followed, mocking him for the way the Family seems to be crumbling. Roland said it didn’t reflect too well on Angry. That got Angry to stop in his tracks and whirl on Roland, warning him to back off and keep out of it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the first; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the second 8) A video played of highlights from the feud between Marc du Bois and Wolf Hawkins, ending with the reminder that Marc’s career was on the line during tonight’s match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. WOLF HAWKINS[/B] Phenomenal match. The raw passion of Marc as he fought for his career infected the crowd and they spent most of the match on their feet. Wolf did his best to stop Marc and came close several times, but each time he seemed down, Marc would surge back to his feet and refuse to simply roll over. In the end, he hit the Marc of Excellence and got the pin. WINNER: [B]Marc du Bois [/B]in 9:01 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 10) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. SAM KEITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Sam seemed reluctant to get in the ring with his son, but Greg clearly didn’t want to hold anything back. He struck before the bell could even be rung, taking his father down and stomping away at him. But Sam rallied and the two put on a respectable fight. Sam was clearly the better, though, finally putting Greg into the Proton Lock and not releasing it until his son tapped. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 8:42 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) Matthew Gauge found Archangel backstage and ripped into him, accusing him of “tattling” and basically telling him that his interference in everything would no longer be tolerated. Archangel weathered the tantrum stoically, then reminded Matt that they were a Family. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What we want does not matter. We should only concern ourselves with the will of [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I].”[/COLOR] Matt snarled and stomped away, only to stop short when he saw Greg coming through, tears in his eyes. Greg had simply thrown on some windbreakers and had his bag thrown over his shoulder. Matt asked what he was doing. Greg said he was sick of it all and that he was done. With that, he left the arena and disappeared into the night. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the argument; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for Greg leaving 12) Backstage, Sean McFly was warming up for his match. Emma said that he looked every inch a champion. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) [B]DAN STONE JR. vs. SEAN McFLY[/B] Phenomenal match. Once again, the audience’s seats went unused as they remained on their feet. Jason talked up how this was, in some ways, brother vs. brother, but that didn’t seem to factor into it. Even though I warned Dan not to turn this into a shoot fight, you could read the murderous intent in his eyes. Sean handled himself well, though, meeting his brother-in-law’s every move with a counter. After brawling in the ring, around it, through it, and even momentarily in the audience, Sean dropped Dan with a Delorean Driver for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Sean McFly [/B]in 13:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 14) Sean celebrated his win and then rolled out of the ring. He sneered at the crowd as he went, then paused at the ring entrance to raise his arms in victory. The crowd cheered, and Sean smirked at them. He then turned around and discovered why they were cheering. It wasn’t for him. It was because Primus Allen had come out behind him. Sean and Primus stood mere inches apart, staring at each other silently, before Sean finally laughed and shoved his way past Primus and into the backstage. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Once again, Dan was not happy with me. I had to remind him that I had signed him through the Dream Match and if he no-showed, I’d come down on him and his father like a ton of bricks. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Aaron Andrews defeated Fumihiro Ota[/I] - [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Hardcore Legacy defeated KC & The Kid[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Marc du Bois defeated Wolf Hawkins [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Sam Keith (c) defeated Greg Gauge to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Sean McFly defeated Dan Stone Jr.[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 1, November 2014[/I] Held at the Lowe Ballroom in the North West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Joel Kovach was in the ring. He said that he had something on his mind, something he had to take care of right now. He wanted... Jay Chord interrupted his speech and said that he had something on his mind too: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You. You can’t duck me, Kovach. You can’t ignore me. You’re not going anywhere until you deal with me.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Except I’m not ‘dealing with you,’ Chord. We’re done.” “We’re not done until I say so. And I haven’t said yet. Anywhere you go, no matter what you try...”[/COLOR] Joel groaned and said he was getting sick of this and was done. He’d deal with his plans later. He rolled out of the ring. Jay advanced on him, but a feint from Joel drove him back and Joel simply left. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring. He got the mic and accepted the challenge that Zimmy laid down. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “See you at ‘Dangerous Days,’ Bumfhole. I’m sure you’ll come to regret it.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) [B]LIBERTY vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] Liberty and Jean put on a great match. I wondered if the whole “American” thing is what inspired Liberty’s great performance. Whatever the case, the crowd was split down the middle, some supporting Liberty and others (perversely) cheered for Jean. But in the end, Jean put Liberty away with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 10:14 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) Out came the Brothers in Arms, who mocked Liberty for losing his match, saying that he and his partner were both losers. They were learning that froo-froo hippy crap couldn’t win. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5) Jim Force came out to the ring next and issued an open challenge. He said last week didn’t count for anything. He wanted a “real” match for next week. He apparently would get one. Bulldozer Brandon Smith came out and accepted the challenge, saying that he’d make sure Jim was broken in good and proper. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the challenge;[COLOR="blue"] C [/COLOR]for the response 6) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JOSH JONES[/B] A pretty good match. Alicia seemed to respect the stoic Josh in his intensity and skills, especially since Josh finally ducked a Strong Interaction and finished the match with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 9:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) Alicia went over and shook hands with Josh afterwards. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Deja vu,”[/COLOR] I said. Joel Kovach found Primus Allen and demanded a shot at his title. Primus rolled his eyes and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Not again. Didn’t you have enough the first time? We have to do this again?”[/COLOR] Joel nodded. Primus sighed and nodded, saying he’d be there. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) [B]LAUREN EASTER (c) vs. AGENT 69 [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. I think Agent 69 dragged Lauren down. I know she can do better. At any rate, Agent 69 did as best as she could, but Lauren simply was better. In the end, Lauren put her down with a belly-to-belly suplex. WINNER: [B]Lauren Easter [/B]in 8:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Lauren celebrated her win but then Hugh de Aske came out of nowhere and attacked her, finally laying her out with her title belt. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) [B]VENGEANCE vs. RANDY BUMFHOLE[/B] Spectacular match. I tried to hint as much as possible about how these two had history together “out east” without getting sued by Richard. These two really left it all in the ring, Vengeance even bleeding, before Randy put him away with a Bumfhole Buster. WINNER: [B]Randy Bumfhole [/B]in 9:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 12) Chance Fortune came out to the ring with a mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Let’s stop beating around the bush already, Bradley. It’s time for us to get this over with. You and me, in the ring. Let’s show the world how much you suck.”[/COLOR] ADB came out and accepted the challenge, saying that while Chance was right, it was time, ADB disagreed with how Chance thought the match would end. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN (c) vs. JOEL KOVACH [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Great match from these two. Primus seemed to hesitate as he got into the ring with Joel, but Joel wouldn’t let him back down, even for a moment. Soon the two of them were trading blows and holding nothing back. Primus seemed to be poised to win it when Joel surprised everyone by slipping out of a Primed and Ready. He then caught Primus in an Old School Drop. He smiled triumphantly. But before he could even pin the champ, Jay Chord came out of nowhere. And rather than attack Joel, he kicked Primus across the head. The ref immediately called for the bell. Joel couldn’t believe it. He tried to snare Jay, but Jay dove out of the ring and scampered up the ramp, laughing the whole way. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen by DQ [/B]in 13:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We got a rating of 43.13. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Liberty to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Lauren Easter (c) defeated Agent 69 to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Randy Bumfhole defeated Vengeance [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen (c) defeated Joel Kovach by DQ to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 2, November 2014[/I] Held at the V. Thompson Arena in the South West Territory 7,752 in attendance[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. AARON ANDREWS[/B] An okay match, although it sounds as though the crowd was turning against Mainstream a bit. He played into it and acted as if the hostility threw him off. Aaron capitalized and even encouraged some of the more vocal fans to express their disdain. Aaron finally added the injury to the insult by hitting a flying body press. WINNER: [B]Aaron Andrews [/B]in 8:23 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) Aaron continued to egg on the fans until Fumihiro Ota hit the ring and laid him out, his eyes burning behind his mask. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) Jason and Emma tried to dissect what happened, but they were interrupted as the camera jumped to the backstage area. Archangel and Matthew Gauge fought viciously, Matt driving Archangel into a wall and delivering nasty hook. Officials swarmed over them and separated them. Nemesis was in the center of it, holding them both back. He said they weren’t going to do this backstage, especially since the contract signing between Primus Allen and Sean McFly was tonight. He wasn’t going to run the risk of this spilling over and ruining that. So they were going to deal with this in the ring later tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the fight; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the match making 4) Speaking of Sean McFly, a video played, hyping him as a competitor. It mostly was of him working out since neither Richard Eisen or Dan Stone were willing to send me any footage from his career. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 5) Hardcore Legacy found the Odd Couple in another part of the backstage. They said that they couldn’t help but notice that they didn’t have dance partners for “Field of Honor.” Did they have any prospects? Alicia and Izaak exchanged amused glances and asked if they had anyone in mind. Ash and Acid II returned the grins and said they did indeed. But then Vessey & Valentine interrupted what they called the [COLOR="darkgreen"]“awkward love fest”[/COLOR] going on. They pointed out that Hardcore Legacy was in no position to challenge the champs because, as near as they could tell, they were tied, neck and neck. Now if Ash and Acid II had beaten them decisively at some point... [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So why don’t you find out?”[/COLOR] Izaak suggested. The idea startled both Hardcore Legacy and Vessey & Valentine. Alicia nodded and continued. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sure. You four have it out once and for all. Whoever wins, they get the title shot at ‘Field of Honor.’ Sound good?”[/COLOR] Ash and Acid II jumped on it immediately. Vessey & Valentine weren’t as enthusiastic but they nodded as well. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the “flirtation;” [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the confrontation 6) [B]HARDCORE LEGACY vs. VESSEY & VALENTINE [/B]to determine [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contenders for the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Decent match. Both teams were hungry and wanted the shot and you could tell by their performances. They took everything to the next level, working with their partners seamlessly. But it was Ash and Acid II who took it the highest and Acid II picked up the win for them by nailing Casey with an Acid Rain Bomb. WINNERS: [B]Hardcore Legacy [/B]in 5:37 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) Marc du Bois came out the ring, looking pretty pleased with himself. He got on the mic and said that he felt great. He saved his career by finally putting Wolf Hawkins in his place and now he wanted more ... namely Sam Keith. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ve sat on the sidelines and watched this ‘Family’ march all over the place. And I for one want to see them fall. So I’m going to help trip them up. I want a title shot at ‘Field of Honor.’ And here’s a preview of what he can expect. I’ve arranged to face Izaak Tischler, one of the founding members of the MWA. I just wanted to...”[/COLOR] His voice trailed off as Angry Gilmore came out to the ring and took a seat at ringside, a smirk on his face. Marc looked a little disconcerted, but he began stretching out anyway. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the entrance 8) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Jason and Emma spent a little time wondering what would happen when Izaak and Alicia hooked up with Hardcore Legacy, but the speculation died as Marc and Izaak put on a really good match. You could see mutual respect in both of their eyes, even as they got nearfalls on each other. But the match came to a screeching halt when Angry Gilmore jumped into the ring and took Marc out with an Anger Unleashed. WINNER: [B]Marc du Bois by DQ [/B]in 6:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 9) Izaak tried to object, but Angry tossed him out of the ring. He then went to work on Marc, working over his arms and focusing on his shoulder. Jason worried that [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato [/I]might injure Marc seriously, but then Roland Lebowski came out and surprised him, hitting a sidewalk slam. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) The ring was transformed for the contract signing. Nemesis practically beamed as he called out Primus and Sean. Sean came out first and lounged in his chair even as Primus came out, his gaze locked on Sean the whole way. Nemesis talked them through the signing process, asking if either of them had anything to say. Turns out, neither did. Once the papers were signed, they simply stared at each other silently across the table. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) [B]MATTHEW GAUGE vs. ARCHANGEL[/B] Why does this not surprise me? Not only can they not tag together, they suck up the ring as well. This train wreck brought the show to a screeching halt. Matt finally brought this nonsense to an end by getting Archangel into the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge [/B]in 10:34 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) But Matt wouldn’t release the hold. He only tightened it up more, screaming in rage as Archangel struggled to get out of it. Eventually Junior came out and begged him to release it, but he wouldn’t do it even then. It took a number of backstage officials to pry his fingers apart and get Archangel out of there. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) A video played of Steve DeColt training for the “Dream Match.” Interspersed was footage that his father sent us, showing him rolling over his opponents. We also threw in snippets of an interview, where he spoke of his respect for the Stones but how his family was better. Steve promised a win. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. SEAN McFLY[/B] Phenomenal match, but I’d expect no less from these two. Davis obviously tried to turn it up a notch, obviously spurred on by Sean’s legend. But Sean simply had his number, ducking most of his moves, rolling past finishers, and finally nailing the Delorean Driver for the win. WINNER:[B] Sean McFly [/B]in 12:16 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] That main event saved us. We got a rating of 39.86. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Aaron Andrews defeated Mainstream Hernandez[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Hardcore Legacy defeated Vessey & Valentine to become [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contenders for the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Marc du Bois defeated Izaak Tischler by DQ [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Matthew Gauge defeated Archangel [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Sean McFly defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [i]Thursday of Week 2, November 2014[/i] Held at the Louisiana Auditorium in the South East Territory 8,189 in attendance[/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] I commented on how we’d seen this match before, but Ana countered that we hadn’t seen it quite like this. You could tell that Ernest felt a little lost out there. He missed a few chances to end the match and didn’t seem quite as intense. But he still put up a great fight, just not enough of one to finish Zimmy off. In the end, Zimmy hit the Bumfhole in One for the win. WINNER:[B] Zimmy Bumfhole [/B]in 9:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Ana said that Zimmy was on fire, a worthy contender for the American Championship. This led to a video package that highlighted the feud between Zimmy and Mean Jean, one that would be decided in a little over a month and a half. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Joel Kovach was backstage and he looked ready to wring someone’s neck. That someone, of course, turned out to be Jay Chord. Jay smiled innocently at him and said he shouldn’t be so surprised at what happened. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I told you we’re not done. And I’m not exactly going to sit back and let you fight with someone else. You know how you can end this. Face me again.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) [B]JIM FORCE vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Smith seemed pretty sure that he was going to embarrass Jim Force again. He didn’t take his competitor seriously and wound up paying for that. Jim was ready for him and knocked him around the ring until finally, he dropped Smith to the mat with a Full Force. WINNER: [B]Jim Force [/B]in 7:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Hugh de Aske appeared on camera and revealed that a lot of people had been shocked when he attacked Lauren Easter. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Why? Ye know what I am. I’m a pirate. My services always go to the highest bidder. And when the bidder and I have history, why would I turn her down?”[/COLOR] The camera pulled back to reveal that Agent 69 was standing with Hugh. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s right. I hired him. It’s always good to know a pirate, yes?”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) Chance Fortune came out to the ring and confidently predicted that he was going to mop the mat with Arthur Dexter Bradley. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You may think you’ve got a hot streak going, but your luck is about to run out.”[/COLOR] RATING:[COLOR="Blue"] B+[/COLOR] 7) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] Wow. Talk about blowing the roof off a building. These two put on a spectacular match, not letting up for a moment on each other. Things took a turn for the worse when ADB did a plancha onto Chance. That took the fight out of the ring and they never got back into the ring! Referee Eugene Williams called for them to take it back inside, but they ignored him and finally, Williams had to count them both out. WINNER: [B]No one (Draw) [/B]in 9:37 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 8) Joel Kovach found Nemesis backstage and demanded another title shot at Primus Allen. Nemesis lost it. He exploded at Joel, saying that the MWA World Heavyweight Championship was not Joel’s personal plaything. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“There are other people in line for that title, including Sean McFly on the Alpha brand. I know what you’re trying to do, but I’m not going to help you do it. Get over it, Kovach.”[/COLOR] Nemesis then went on to say that Joel would face Jay Chord tonight in the ring. Joel looked about ready to rip into the boss, but he restrained himself and took a step back. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) [B]TEAM FREEDOM vs. THE ODD COUPLE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. For some reason, the crowd really seemed on fire for Izaak and Liberty. Not that Masked Patriot and Alicia didn’t do a good job, it just seemed that the crowd really liked them the most. In the end, though, it was Alicia who picked up the win by getting Liberty to tap out of the Strong Arm Tactic. WINNERS: [B]The Odd Couple [/B]in 8:44 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) The tag champs celebrated their win and then left. Masked Patriot tended to Liberty and helped him up when the Brothers in Arms hit the ring and attacked them. Before things could get too out of hand, the Odd Couple returned and drove the Silencer and Sarge out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Jay Chord came out of his locker room with a satisfied smirk on his face. He started for the ring when he came face-to-face with Primus Allen. Primus took a step closer to Jay and said that Jay had better watch himself. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I know you think you’re just playing mind games with Kovach, but you don’t want to drag me into it. You wouldn’t like what would happen.”[/COLOR] Jay sneered at the champ and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s where you’re wrong. Once I’m done with Kovach, I’ll be coming after you. You may think that your streak will insulate you, but let me remind you something. I’m the only person in this promotion to hold that title more than once. I’ve had that gold three times already and I’m beginning to miss it a little. So when I want it, I’ll be coming to get it. Think on that, bud.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 12) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. JAY CHORD[/B] The fans loved this match, but it turned interesting, starting when Joel somehow missed an opportunity to take Jay out of the match early. Jay had missed a move himself and slammed his head into the top turnbuckle. Momentarily stunned, he staggered around the ring. Joel regarded him with uncertainty and paused for a few moments before going in for a suplex, one that Jay was able to block. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ve seen Joel in lots of situations like that,” [/COLOR]Ana commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’ve never seen him miss an opportunity to finish things quickly.”[/COLOR] And so it went. Joel missed or outright ignored opportunities to put Jay away. It’s not that he didn’t fight. He did. But he seemed unwilling to end things. Even Jay noticed his reluctance. He taunted Joel, trying to goad him into taking it up a notch or two. But Joel refused and finally, Jay put him down with a Super DDT. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 16:24 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We got a rating of 43.21. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Zimmy Bumfhole defeated Ernest Youngman[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Jim Force defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Chance Fortune drew with Arthur Dexter Bradley[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]The Odd Couple (c) defeated Team Freedom to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Joel Kovach [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scapino1974;409475] 11) [B]MATTHEW GAUGE vs. ARCHANGEL[/B] Why does this not surprise me? Not only can they not tag together, they suck up the ring as well. This train wreck brought the show to a screeching halt. Matt finally brought this nonsense to an end by getting Archangel into the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge [/B]in 10:34 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [/QUOTE] This match got a D+? Wow, that's some pretty bad chemistry, right there.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 3, November 2014[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Field of Honor”[/COLOR]) Held at Evanovich Riverside in the Tri State Territory 7,320 in attendance[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) The announcers said that tonight, we’d see Primus Allen defend his title against Matthew Gauge. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]THE ODD COUPLE (c) vs. FUTURE THREAT [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. Davis and Parker seemed a bit off in their timing, as if there was some tension there. Whatever the case, the tag champs rolled over them quickly and Alicia put Parker down with a Strong Interaction. WINNERS: [B]The Odd Couple [/B]in 5:52 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) Davis charged into the ring and shoved the ref away from Parker. He got into Parker’s face and screamed at him. Parker appeared surprised and tried to get Davis to calm down. Davis didn’t and finally put Parker in an STF before letting him go and storming out of the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Off hand, I’d say Future Threat doesn’t have much of a future,”[/COLOR] Jason commented. Emma chastised her partner for the stupid pun. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Sam Keith found Angry Gilmore backstage. Angry smiled pleasantly, but Sam ripped into him. He said he didn’t ask for any help in dealing with Marc du Bois and he didn’t appreciate what he did last week. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “I can handle my challengers just fine. That’s what this title belt means.”[/COLOR] Angry did not appreciate what he said. He reminded him that he was [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I], he decided what was best. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And if I believe you need help, then I will help you as I see fit.”[/COLOR] It didn’t get resolved and Angry left looking very ... well, angry. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) [B]BURNING EXILE (c) vs. CAMERON VESSEY [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] Good match. EXILE looked great in the ring, batting aside Cameron’s offense before finally putting him down with an Exile Driver. WINNER: [B]Burning EXILE [/B]In 8:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) Nemesis then appeared on screen and said that at “Field of Honor,” we’d see Burning EXILE take on Steve Gumble for his title. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) Hardcore Legacy appeared on screen and hyped up their match against the Odd Couple, saying that it was exciting that they were already in the title hunt. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s the great thing about the MWA. Anything can happen and it’s a place of opportunity for everyone.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) Matthew Gauge was backstage, pacing nervously with a cell phone to his ear. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Come on, pick up!”[/COLOR] Whoever it was didn’t, so Matt left a message. Apparently he was calling Junior. He said he was sorry for everything and he really wants her to be at the arena for his match tonight. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) Angry paced the backstage as well, muttering to himself. He turned and found himself face to face with Roland Lebowski. Angry finally smiled and went after Roland. He blamed Roland for the problems he was having and dared him to get into the ring at “Field of Honor.” Roland blew off his criticism but said he would see him in the ring on Sunday. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA vs. STEVE DeCOLT[/B] Great match. Good chemistry and everything. Almost makes me wish I could make Steve a permanent part of our roster. Joey did his best to bring Steve down, but Steve simply powered through it and finally took Joey out with a DeColt Stampede. WINNER: [B]Steve DeColt [/B]in 6:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 11) The Odd Couple sounded off now, saying that they were glad to give Hardcore Legacy the title shot. But they warned them it wouldn’t be a walk in the park. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Don’t expect us to roll over for you or anything. If you want the belts, you’re going to have to take them from us!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) Nemesis appeared on screen again and said that later tonight, we’d see Angry Gilmore and Sam Keith take on Roland Lebowski and Marc du Bois. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) [B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI & MARC du BOIS vs. ANGRY GILMORE & SAM KEITH[/B] Great match but you could tell there were times where Angry and Sam almost imploded. Missed tags, bad attacks, and missed opportunities due to the tension between them. Marc and Roland came close many times to picking up a win. But Sam saved the day for his team by finally getting Roland in the Proton Lock. Roland tapped out and referee Shane Stones raised Sam and Angry’s hands. But instead of celebrating, they simply glared at each other. WINNERS: [B]Angry Gilmore & Sam Keith [/B]in 9:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) Fumihiro Ota found Aaron Andrews backstage and said that he was sick of the way Aaron was running him down. Ota demanded that Aaron face him again at “Field of Honor.” Aaron laughed at him and agreed, saying that he could use another tick in his win column. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C [/COLOR]for the acceptance 15) The cameras caught up with Junior, not in the arena, but in a hotel. Her cell phone rang and she checked it, only to roll her eyes and shut it off. She then knocked on a door. It opened and Archangel was standing there. He seemed surprised to see her. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I heard you didn’t come to the arena tonight,” [/COLOR]she said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Yeah,” [/COLOR]he answered. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I tried, but the docs said I should take it easy for a week or two after what Matt did to me...” “Listen, I just wanted to say I’m sorry...” “No, you have nothing to apologize for...”[/COLOR] They stood in silence for a few moments before Junior asked if she could come in. Archangel seemed even more surprised, but stepped aside and nodded. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 16) A video package played, this time showing Dan Stone Jr. working out. I managed to convince his dad to send us some footage from NOTBPW for it, so it showed him working over his opponents. Intercut were statements made by Dan about how he would put Steve DeColt in his place. But I think, when he went on about[COLOR="DarkGreen"] “that insufferable little upstart,” [/COLOR]he might have been talking about someone else. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 17) As the announcers started talking about the main event, they were surprised as Sean McFly came out and joined them on commentary. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 18) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN (c) vs. MATTHEW GAUGE [/B]for [COLOR="DarkGreen"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Great match. Matt looked a bit distraught and maybe a bit lonely out there, but he did his level best to take Primus out and end his winning streak. But Primus couldn’t be stopped. Oh, sure, he occasionally was distracted with Sean at ringside, but he would rally and kept after Matt until finally, he put the Gauge down with a Primed and Ready. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 10:24 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 19) With the match over, Sean rose from his seat. His eyes met Primus’s, and the two of them stared at each other as the show ended. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] But before it did, the announcers ran down the card for “Field of Honor” -- [B]FUMIHIRO OTA vs. AARON ANDREWS [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. BURNING EXILE (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI vs. ANGRY GILMORE[/B] ([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]DAN STONE JR. vs. STEVE DeCOLT [/B]([COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR]) [B]HARDCORE LEGACY vs. THE ODD COUPLE (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. SAM KEITH (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR]) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN (c) vs. SEAN McFLY for [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Steve DeColt found me with a cell phone after the match and handed it to me with an apologetic look. I found his dad on the other end. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Scap, this is George. About Steve. He’s out.”[/COLOR] My blood ran cold. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “What?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You heard me. You’ve been working my kid like a dog down there. You’d think he was one of your employees. He’s out. He’s not doing the match.” “But we had a deal...” “... yeah, for the big DeColt/Stone dream match. I want to see it happen as much as you. Tell you what. I’ll send you Jack. He’s just as good and will do fine.”[/COLOR] He had me over a barrel. What could I do? [COLOR="darkgreen"]“He’d better show up.” “He will, don’t worry. Pleasure doing business with you.”[/COLOR] We got a rating of 38.13. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]The Odd Couple (c) defeated Future Threat to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Burning EXILE defeated Cameron Vessey to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Steve DeColt defeated Joey Minnesota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Angry Gilmore & Sam Keith defeated Marc du Bois & Roland Lebowski [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen (c) defeated Matthew Gauge to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

FUMIHIRO OTA vs. [B]AARON ANDREWS (C)[/B] Cause Andrews is the man! STEVE GUMBLE vs. [B]BURNING EXILE (c)[/B] for the MWA 10 Minute Championship (C-) Still has a little more of a run left. ROLAND LEBOWSKI vs. [B]ANGRY GILMORE (D+)[/B] The Family Rules! Not as much as Karma though. DAN STONE JR. vs. STEVE DeCOLT (B+) ???? HARDCORE LEGACY vs. [B]THE ODD COUPLE (c)[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship (C+) Just won the titles. [B]MARC du BOIS[/B] vs. SAM KEITH (c) for the MWA Rising Star Title (B+) Du Bois is simply the best. [B]PRIMUS ALLEN (c)[/B] vs. SEAN McFLY for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship (B+) By DQ or Count Out.

[B]FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] vs. AARON ANDREWS STEVE GUMBLE vs. [B]BURNING EXILE (c)[/B] for the MWA 10 Minute Championship ROLAND LEBOWSKI vs.[B]ANGRY GILMORE[/B] DAN STONE JR. vs. [B]JACK DeCOLT[/B] HARDCORE LEGACY vs. [B]THE ODD COUPLE (c)[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship MARC du BOIS vs. [B]SAM KEITH (c)[/B] for the MWA Rising Star Title [B]PRIMUS ALLEN (c)[/B] vs. SEAN McFLY for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship

FUMIHIRO OTA vs. [B]AARON ANDREWS [/B] STEVE GUMBLE vs.[B] BURNING EXILE (c)[/B] for the MWA 10 Minute Championship ROLAND LEBOWSKI vs. [B]ANGRY GILMORE [/B] [COLOR="blue"][B]Sam 'helps out' nearly costing Angry the match.[/B][/COLOR] [B]DAN STONE JR.[/B] vs. Jack DeCOLT [COLOR="Blue"][B]Would have picked Steve here, but with the change I'll go with the good looking guy. :D [/B][/COLOR] HARDCORE LEGACY vs. [B]THE ODD COUPLE (c)[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship [B]MARC du BOIS [/B]vs. SAM KEITH (c) for the MWA Rising Star Title [COLOR="blue"][B]Angry interfers here as pay back. As the Family continues it's implosion.[/B][/COLOR] [B]PRIMUS ALLEN (c)[/B] vs. SEAN McFLY for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [COLOR="Blue"][B]Somehow, Dan Jr has something to do with the outcome. Allen retains.[/B][/COLOR]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 3, November 2014[/I] Held at Wisconsin Gardens in the Great Lakes Territory 7,969 in attendance[/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic appeared, announcing that tonight we’d see a rematch between Arthur Dexter Bradley and Chance Fortune. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) Jay Chord came out to the ring with a full head of steam. Much to everyone’s surprise, he was actually upset that he won the match last week! He said that he knew for a fact that Joel wasn’t really trying. He even cued up some footage from last week, showing slow motion shots of Joel not trying hard enough. He demanded a rematch of his own, saying he wanted Joel to give it his all this time. Joel came out to the ring with an incredulous look on his face. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You want a what? Come on! You won. Get over it. No way I’m facing you tonight, Chord. I’ve got bigger fish to fry.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the refusal 3) [B]JOSH JONES vs. RANDY BUMFHOLE[/B] Great match. Josh tried to bring Randy down by relying on his solid technical background. But Randy simply kept going, breaking holds and ducking moves until finally, he hit the Bumfhole Buster and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Randy Bumfhole [/B]in 7:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 4) Arthur Dexter Bradley admitted that he may have lost control of himself last week, but he wouldn’t this week. He would beat Chance Fortune and show him who was the better man. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 5) Joel Kovach walked through the backstage, fire in his eyes. He found Alicia Strong and Izaak Tischler backstage. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I see you two still have your titles,”[/COLOR] he commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Good. Meet me in the ring later and bring them with.”[/COLOR] Alicia and Izaak exchanged uncertain looks. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Uh, Joel?” [/COLOR]Alicia said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you don’t have a tag partner.” “Leave that up to me. See you later.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 6) [B]JAIME QUINE vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] A stinker of a match, mostly due to bad chemistry. Jaime apparently wanted to avenge the attack on Lauren but she didn’t do so well, especially when Hugh took her out with a set of brass knuckles. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 9:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) Zimmy Bumfhole appeared in a very dignified promotion, dressed in a casual suit seated against a muted backdrop. He spoke of how he looked forward to his match against Mean Jean Cattley, because he knew how it would end. Mean Jean would lose his title and he would become the new American Champion. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) Chance Fortune appeared on screen and said that he wasn’t worried about ADB at all. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“He’s an inferior wrestler. Always has been. He doesn’t have that spark of greatness about him. That he’s made it this far is due to dumb luck. But his luck ends tonight.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] Great match, but I’ve come to expect no less out of these two. Chance clearly didn’t have any respect for ADB. But ADB knocked some back into him. Chance buckled down and did his best to take ADB out of action, using the ropes and a number of illegal holds (always breaking them at four, naturally), but he couldn’t get ADB past a two count. ADB couldn’t pin down Chance either until he knocked him to the mat and then hit a Frog Splash. WINNER: [B]Arthur Dexter Bradley [/B]in 12:05 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 10) Joel Kovach was backstage, looking none too pleased. He stopped a few workers, asking them to go out to the ring with him. No one took him up on it. And then Chance stumbled into the back, looking pretty worn out and angry over his match. Joel turned and fixed on him. He then shrugged, snagged Chance by the shirt, and started out toward the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) [B]THE ODD COUPLE (c) vs. JOEL KOVACH & CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Bad chemistry between Joel and Chance, but Ana and I did our best to play that up as Chance being exhausted from his previous match. Not that Chance did much in this one. He often flat out refused to do anything. At one point, Joel had to drag him into the ring after tagging him, only to have Chance tag right back out again. And yet Joel did his best to carry this match through to a respectable end. He simply couldn’t be stopped and, after fighting what Ana called essentially a handicapped match, Joel shocked everyone by knocking Alicia out of the ring and nailing an Old School Drop on Izaak Tischler. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What does this mean?” [/COLOR]I screamed as referee Eugene Williams gave the titles to Joel and a barely conscious Chance Fortune. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What does this mean for ‘Field of Honor?’”[/COLOR] WINNER: [B]Joel Kovach & Chance Fortune [/B]in 9:29 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) A very stunned Nemesis appeared on screen. He stammered for a moment or two before saying that in light of what just happened, there would have to be a change in the card for “Field of Honor.” The Odd Couple would be returning to the Omega roster. Instead, Hardcore Legacy would face the new tag team champs for the titles. He went on to make some excuses for why Steve DeColt wouldn’t be at “Field of Honor” either. He then said that Jack DeColt would be taking his place. The door to his office slammed open and Jay Chord stormed inside. He said that this was complete garbage and everyone knew it. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Kovach is just trying to duck me! I want him, Campbell! I want him now!”[/COLOR] Nemesis said that wasn’t going to happen. Jay pointed out that since Chance wrestled two matches, Joel could too. Nemesis nixed that idea immediately, saying, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“First off, that wasn’t exactly Chance’s idea, was it? And second, I thought you said you wanted Joel to be at his peak when you faced him. He’d hardly be that, wouldn’t he?”[/COLOR] Jay still wasn’t happy and ripped into Nemesis a bit. Nemesis finally slammed a fist on the table. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Enough! You want a match so badly, I’ll give you one. Get out to the ring, Chord. Tonight you’re going to face Dan Stone Jr.!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the first match announcement; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the second; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the third 13) [B]DAN STONE JR. vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Phenomenal match. Jay clearly was angry and he wanted to take it out on someone. Dan put up a great fight. I did my best to play up his legacy and his abilities, saying that you could tell that he had been trained by the best. But in the end, Jay wound up putting Dan down with a cradle piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 15:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Dan was not happy with me as he left the arena, but hey, he’ll only be with us until the end of the week. We got a rating of 44.36. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Randy Bumfhole defeated Josh Jones[/I] - [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Jaime Quine[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Arthur Dexter Bradley defeated Chance Fortune[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Joel Kovach & Chance Fortune defeated the Odd Couple (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Dan Stone Jr.[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] You may have noticed I didn't invite predictions, comments, or whatever yesterday. Now you know why. ;) If anyone wants to go back and adjust theirs, feel free.

[CENTER][I]The MWA presents...[/I] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Field of Honor”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Sunday of Week 3, November 2014[/I] Held at Isaak Road Arena in the Mid Atlantic Territory 15,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!; Buy rate of 7.68[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic reminded the audience that tonight’s main event was Primus Allen taking on Sean McFly with the MWA World Heavyweight Championship in the balance. RATING:[COLOR="Blue"] A[/COLOR] 2) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA vs. AARON ANDREWS[/B] Decent start for the show. Aaron clearly didn’t consider Ota a threat at all, mocking him and knocking him around, even going so far as to twist his ninja mask around so he couldn’t see for a few moments. Big mistake. Ota was obviously hungry for a win and didn’t put up with much of anything. He went on a strong offensive streak (as soon as he could see again) and wound up knocking Aaron around pretty badly. Aaron managed to get in a few licks himself but, in the end, Ota knocked him out with a Ninja Strike. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 13:09 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) Jack DeColt appeared on screen and, as best he could, he cut a sneering promo about how his brother couldn’t be bothered with coming down south anymore. He was back up in Canada, where everything was better. Jack said he himself wouldn’t have even bothered, but family pride was on the line. He was going to show everyone, Dan Stone Jr. included, why the DeColts were the best Canadian wrestling family out there. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Angry Gilmore met with his Family once again. He seemed a bit put out by the fact that both Greg Gauge and Archangel were missing. Sam reported that he hadn’t been able to talk to Greg yet, while Junior dutifully added that Archangel still wasn’t cleared since “someone” bruised his larynx a few weeks back. Angry tried to rally, saying that while they were missing a third of their number, they were still stronger than anyone else in the arena. He said that he and Sam would concentrate on readying themselves for their respective matches. Junior and Matt were tasked with guarding the entrances. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“For we know that Joel Kovach and Chance Fortune will be here. Do nothing to Chance. He is not our enemy. But be ready to provide a suitable greeting to Joel.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 5) Roland Lebowski now appeared on screen. He said that in some ways, he’s pretty scared of facing Angry Gilmore. He said that Angry, while goofy, was a serious competitor and not to be taken lightly. But he would go out and give it his all. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“If that’s not good enough, so be it. But if [I]‘Il Padrone Arrabiato’ [/I]expects me to roll over and let him just pin me, he’s in for a rude surprise.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. BURNING EXILE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. Steve poured on the offense, trying to dazzle EXILE with some high-flying maneuvers. But EXILE simply weathered the assault and finally struck out of nowhere with an Exile Driver, bringing Steve to a crashing halt. WINNER: [B]Burning EXILE [/B]in 7:32 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) Junior and Matt stood by the entrance backstage and glared daggers at each other. Matt finally sighed and tried to apologize to Junior, but she wouldn’t even listen to him. She said a few snide comments about him (most of which could be interpreted as put-downs regarding his sexual potency). That set Matt off and he demanded to know where Junior had been earlier in the week. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Were you with him?”[/COLOR] She smiled and said she was. She said that her eyes were being opened to what a jerk and a tool Matt was. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Archangel’s accomplished more than you ever will, Gauge.”[/COLOR] That sparked an even more intense argument. As a matter of fact, it was so intense, they didn’t even notice when Sean McFly came into the building. Sean paused for a moment and looked at the quarreling lovers, then rolled his eyes and kept walking. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Kids,” [/COLOR]he muttered. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) Dan Stone Jr. appeared on screen and cut an excellent promo about how he didn’t care if it was Jack or Steve or whoever, he was looking forward to representing his family, the Stones, and his company, North of the Border ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“the best company anywhere”[/COLOR]) in the ring tonight. But then he was shoved out of the way by his brother-in-law. Sean and Dan exchanged angry looks. Sean broke the stand-off by taking the mic. He then said that he knew some idiot fans might have bought the pay-per-view for the “Dream Match.” He then reminded everyone that Stone vs. DeColt wasn’t the main event. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Allen vs. McFly is. And tonight, you’re going to see the streak die!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) [B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI vs. ANGRY GILMORE[/B] An okay match, a little above average. Roland seemed a bit off tonight as he took the fight to Angry. Emma tried to cover for him by snidely saying that it proved that Roland didn’t deserve to be going up against someone as big and important as Angry Gilmore. But Roland surprised everyone, including Angry, by not only kicking out of every pinning predicament, but fighting back and taking Angry out with a Russian legsweep. WINNER: [B]Roland Lebowski [/B]in 11:15 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) A video played, hyping the match between Dan Stone Jr. and Jack DeColt. Once again, it was mostly footage I borrowed from their respective fathers, but it hyped the off-air rivalry between the two families pretty well. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) [B]DAN STONE JR. vs. JACK DeCOLT[/B] I was really worried about this one. I had a feeling that Dan and Steve would have been able to put on a match for the ages. I had no idea if Jack would be able to fill his brother’s shoes. Turns out my fears were unfounded. These two circled each other warily as the match got started and tested the waters with a few tentative lock ups. Then Jack waded in and took control, knocking Dan around the ring a bit. Dan eventually regained control and they were off, using everything they could to bring down their opponent. I don’t think the fans sat for a single moment of this match. Lots of sudden shifts in momentum, lots of near falls. But in the end, Dan scored the win after hitting him with a Stone Backbreaker. WINNER: [B]Dan Stone Jr.[/B] in 19:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 12) The argument is still going on backstage. Junior finally says that she can’t stand this anymore. She’s sick of the fighting, she’s sick of Matt’s lousy attitude. She’s done with him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Fine by me!”[/COLOR] Matt retorted. Junior tried to storm off, but Angry Gilmore confronted her and told her to stay at her post. She did so, but took a seat and turned away from Matt. Matt sat down too and turned away also. Because of this, they didn’t notice that Joel Kovach came in, dragging an unwilling Chance Fortune behind him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) Joel and Chance didn’t make it far. They ran into Hardcore Legacy, who were incredibly upset that they weren’t going to face the Odd Couple tonight. Joel listened to them rant and rave until Joel finally told them to cram it, they still had their title shot tonight, and they might as well just deal with it. He then dragged Chance away, saying that it was time for them to get into their gear. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 14) Marc du Bois was pacing the backstage area when he ran into Roland Lebowski. Marc congratulated Roland on his win. Roland thanked him and encouraged him to go out and strike while the steel was hot. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I just know you’re going to be the Rising Star by the end of the night!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 15) The locker room door burst open and Joel came out, once again dragging Chance with him. They were both in their tights. Chance tried to beg off, but Joel wouldn’t let him, instead grabbing him and dragging him out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 16) [B]HARDCORE LEGACY vs. JOEL KOVACH & CHANCE FORTUNE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. Kind of a downer, actually, but that’s okay. It accomplished what it had to. Once again, Joel and Chance stunk up the ring and once again, Emma and Jason did their best to play it off of the odd way this tag team was formed. Joel and Chance actually spent about half a minute bickering in the corner at one point. It even seemed as if Acid II and Ash didn’t know how to react to that. As the match wore on, though, it became clear that Joel and Chance were in the lead. Chance finally got into it, delighting in knocking Acid II around the ring and knocking Ash off his perch. Chance then started to warm up for a Stroke of Luck, only to have Joel blind-tag in. Chance didn’t appreciate that, and he wound up getting in Joel’s face. Joel finally smacked him and tossed him out of the ring. He then turned around right into a dropkick from Acid II. Joel staggered around the ring as Acid II wailed on him, prompting Jason to comment that it appeared as if Joel wasn’t even trying to fight back. Then Acid II knocked him to the ground and nailed an Acid Rain Bomb. And even Emma said that she thought that while Acid II got set up for it, Joel could have easily gotten out of the way. Whatever the case, Acid II made the pin and Joel didn’t even try to kick out. WINNERS: [B]Hardcore Legacy [/B]in 12:49 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 17) Ash and Acid II got out of the ring, looking a bit stunned by their win. Joel finally sat up and, although you’d think he would have looked disappointed at losing, he actually seemed pretty happy. He even shrugged and did an “aw shucks” gesture to the crowd before leaving the ring without his partner. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 18) Junior and Matt Gauge stared at a monitor backstage. Then they turned on and accused each other of slipping up, blaming one another for the fact that Joel made it into the building. Junior finally hauled off and decked Matt, and the two of them started brawling. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 19) Primus Allen delivered a promo where he said that the streak was just fine, thank you. And he was going to add another name to his list of victims, namely Sean McFly. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 20) Sam Keith was shown heading to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 21) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. SAM KEITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] In spite of bad chemistry between these two, this one shone. Sam seemed almost desperate to hold on to his title and Marc seemed just as hungry to take it away. Those colliding passions really drove the story behind this match as the two of them locked up. Emma pointed out that both men had submission moves in their arsenals, so she predicted a really impressive mat game. They didn’t disappoint. They kept after each other, trading blows, reversing holds, and generally brawling for all they were worth. Sam wound up bloodied toward the end and Marc finally put him out of his misery with a Marc of Excellence, leading Emma to wonder, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“With two back-to-back title changes, what do you suppose will happen in the main event?”[/COLOR] WINNER: [B]Marc du Bois [/B]in 16:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 22) Joel was walking backstage with a smirk on his face when Chance Fortune ran up behind him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What the hell was that, Kovach? I could have won that match for us if you hadn’t thrown me out of the ring. And then you went and lost it for us!”[/COLOR] Joel shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Hey, I tried. Sometimes, it just doesn’t work out.”[/COLOR] Chance leveled a finger on him. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You pulled me out of Omega before I could have a chance to take out that upstart Arthur Dexter Bradley. You manhandle me into a title defense, and then you lose it for us, stranding us on the Alpha brand? No way. You owe me, and I’m going to pound it out of you.”[/COLOR] Joel stepped in close. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “You’re certainly welcome to try.”[/COLOR] The two of them separated, and Jason wondered aloud if this is what Joel had been after the whole time. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You don’t suppose he wanted to lose the titles, do you?” “Duh!”[/COLOR] was Emma’s succinct reply. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 23) In another part of the backstage area, the Family was not happy. Matt and Junior looked ready to continue their brawl. Angry and Sam looked particularly unhappy. Angry then declared that the Family was in shambles because unbelief had crept in among their ranks. “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Our Family has become soft and lazy. We shall have to correct that come Wednesday.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 24) A video played, hyping the feud between Primus and Sean. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 25) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN (c) vs. SEAN McFLY [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Phenomenal match. Possibly even match of the year. In spite of a lack of selling and even though Primus was obviously worn out by the end of the match, these two put on a spectacular fight, so great that Jason was left in the dust. Sean clearly had no respect for Primus. Primus didn’t have much for Sean either. But they tore into each other and did their best to bring each other down. The action spilled out of the ring several times and, at one point, Emma and Jason had to clear out as Sean clambered up onto the announce table with Primus, clearly intending to hit the Delorean Driver. But Primus fought back and Sean wound up falling to the cement. Finally, as they traded exhausted blows, Primus rallied and took Sean down and out with a Flying Lariat. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 34:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Dan Stone Jr. couldn’t get out of the arena fast enough. I found out at the end that we had tripled our buy-rate thanks to the new PPV carrier. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Field of Honor”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Fumihiro Ota defeated Aaron Andrews [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Burning EXILE (c) defeated Steve Gumble to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Roland Lebowski defeated Angry Gilmore [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Dan Stone Jr. defeated Jack DeColt [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Hardcore Legacy defeated Joel Kovach & Chance Fortune (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Marc du Bois defeated Sam Keith (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen (c) defeated Sean McFly to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 4, November 2014[/I] Held at the Minnesota Coliseum in the Mid West Territory 7,880 in attendance[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Sean McFly came out to the ring. He weathered the taunts and catcalls. He waited a moment or two and then admitted, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I deserve that.”[/COLOR] He then said that he came to the MWA with a chip on his shoulder. He said that Primus Allen knocked it off his shoulder. He said that he had assumed that the young wrestlers he saw over the past two months showed him the error of his ways... Speaking of which, Wolf Hawkins came out and interrupted him. He said that he could spin it any way he wanted, it wouldn’t change the fact that he was out of his league here. He went on a tear, describing Sean as a washed up loser. Sean eventually cut him off, asking Wolf where his championship was. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh wait, that’s right. You don’t have one. As a matter of fact, I don’t think you’ve ever had one. Me, on the other hand, I may not have held the MWA World Heavyweight Championship, but I’ve held big titles in two other promotions.”[/COLOR] They argued back and forth until Wolf charged the ring and the two wound up brawling. Wolf eventually disengaged and retreated, but you could tell they weren’t done. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Angry Gilmore came out next, saying that the writing was on the wall. His Family had fallen on hard times. They were weakened and it was time for them to cull the herd. That’s why, he was pitting his Family against each other. The winners would remain in his good graces. The losers would be exiled. He let it drop that it was Archangel who suggested this, a worthy idea. And it all would start ... right now. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) [B]MATTHEW GAUGE vs. JUNIOR[/B] There was definitely no love lost between these two. They ripped into and wailed on each other. It was a toss up as to who would come out ahead. Jason broke it down this way: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Matt has the power, but Junior seems to be ahead on fire.”[/COLOR] The fire won out over the power. She slipped out of a Proton Lock and caught Matt in an Old School Drop. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 8:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Nemesis appeared on screen and said that he, personally, was salivating at the idea of Wolf Hawkins and Sean McFly fighting each other. So he was going to bring that about. He booked them in a best-of-five series, starting tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 5) [B]CASEY VALENTINE vs. BURNING EXILE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] A dud of a match due to bad chemistry. Casey tried to sneak a few dirty tricks into the match to end things, but EXILE didn’t fall for any of them. In the end, EXILE hit his Exile Driver. WINNER: [B]Burning EXILE [/B]in 7:32 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) Joel Kovach and Chance Fortune confronted each other backstage. Chance was not happy with the way that Joel used him to get to the Alpha brand. Joel shrugged it off and said [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Whatever works.” [/COLOR]Chance said he was looking forward to getting in the ring with Joel and pounding him. Joel smiled and said he couldn’t wait either. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 7) [B]SEAN McFLY vs. WOLF HAWKINS[/B] Great match. Sean and Wolf pulled out the stops and really knocked the crap out of each other. The momentum swung back and forth until Wolf ducked a Delorean Driver and then hit the Full Moon Rising. WINNER: [B]Wolf Hawkins (0-1)[/B] in 9:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 8) A video played, hyping Hardcore Legacy as the new tag team champs. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) [B]SAM KEITH vs. ARCHANGEL[/B] A good match between these two. Jason hyped up Sam as being a wily veteran who obviously knew his way around the ring. But Emma pointed out that he had fallen out of Angry’s favor lately and that Il Padrone Arrabiato might be glad if he lost. Angry was probably quite happy with the way things ended. Archangel slipped out of a Neutron Plex and then fired off a Fall From Grace, picking up the pin. WINNER: [B]Archangel[/B] in 8:09 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Backstage, Future Threat got into an argument about what Davis did to Steven on Sunday. Davis said that he had finally realized how much Steven held him back. He even went so far as to say that it was a mistake for them to get back together as a tag team. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) A video played, hyping Marc du Bois and his new role as the MWA Rising Star. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) Speaking of whom, Marc was found backstage by Aaron Andrews. Aaron complimented Marc on his win in a very backhanded kind of way, saying that it was great that after almost losing his career because of how badly he sucked, he got a title run. Marc countered by saying that if Aaron thought he was so much better, he’d gladly get in the ring with him and prove him wrong next week. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 13) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] Great match to end the night. Chance clearly was out to hurt Joel but couldn’t seem to get his bearings about him to do so. Joel weathered his attempted assaults and finally brought the whole thing to a screeching halt with a Kovach Krippler. WINNER: [B]Joel Kovach [/B]in 12:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) Before Joel could vacate the ring, Angry Gilmore, Archangel, and Junior hit it and beat the holy hell out of him. Angry then got a mic and said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Welcome to Alpha, Joel.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We got a rating of 39.72. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Junior defeated Matthew Gauge[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Burning EXILE (c) defeated Casey Valentine to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Wolf Hawkins defeated Sean McFly [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Archangel defeated Sam Keith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Joel Kovach defeated Chance Fortune [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 4, November 2014[/I] Held at the Lowe Ballroom in the North West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic appeared, announcing that tonight, we would determine who the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship via a four way elimination match, with Jay Chord, Ernest Youngman, Arthur Dexter Bradley, and Randy Bumfhole. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]MASKED PATRIOT vs. JIM FORCE[/B] Wow. What a dud. Jim seemed to sleepwalk through the match, trading lackluster punches with Patriot until the latter put Jim away with a Patriot Slam. WINNER: [B]Masked Patriot [/B]in 9:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 3) Hardcore Legacy came into the arena with the tag belts. They greeted the backstage personnel and Ash seemed particularly giddy about being on Omega. And then they ran into the Odd Couple. Izaak and Alicia were furious. They accused them of conspiring with Joel and Chance to get their hands on the title. Izaak even went so far as to say that they were cowards. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You obviously didn’t want to face us this past Sunday so you took a cheap way out.”[/COLOR] Ash and Acid II bristled at the suggestion and said that they weren’t scared of them. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We’ll even face you tonight, if that’s what you want!”[/COLOR] Alicia and Izaak agreed immediately. The match was on! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) [B]LAUREN EASTER vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Obviously not for the women’s championship, although I wouldn’t put it past Hugh to try to steal it,” [/COLOR]I commented. Without the title on the line, it was still a fun match. Lauren clearly wasn’t worried about locking up with Hugh. She knocked him around the ring, even to the point where Hugh had to hide behind referee Eugene Williams. He did go after her, but she was able to blunt his attack and turn every offense. She finally took him down with a belly-to-belly suplex. WINNER: [B]Lauren Easter[/B] in 8:54 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) Randy Bumfhole was warming up when he turned and almost got a cup full of coffee down his shirt from Josh Jones. Randy ripped into Josh, saying that he had to be more careful. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I have a chance to get a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship tonight, and you almost spill coffee on me?”[/COLOR] Josh didn’t bother to apologize as Randy shoved past him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) Mean Jean Cattley hyped up his upcoming match against Zimmy Bumfhole, saying that Zimmy’s annoying dreams of becoming the American Champion would die at “Dangerous Days.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOSH JONES vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] Great match. Josh obviously had a fire lit under him and took the fight to Mean Jean the whole way. The champ had to fight back every inch of the way, with Josh trying to take him down the whole way. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Maybe he’s trying to send a message to Zimmy’s brother by taking out Zimmy’s opponent,” [/COLOR]Ana speculated. The message was apparently lost in the mail. Mean Jean slipped out of a Canadian Backdrop and hit a Mood Swing for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 9:49 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) Jim Force found Jaime Quine backstage and said that he heard that Nemesis wanted to talk to her. He led her to a room and opened the door, revealing not the boss, but Agent 69 and Brooke Tyler. They drag Jaime in and beat her down. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) [B]HARDCORE LEGACY (c) vs. THE ODD COUPLE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. Alicia and Izaak’s frustration bled through their fight, which Ash and Acid II took advantage of. They tried to dazzle Alicia and Izaak with some high flying moves but Alicia and Izaak resorted to power to blow them back. But things took a turn for the worse when Izaak tried to go for a Crucifix Slam on Acid II. Acid II fought back. He never made it free, but in the process, he knocked Izaak around the ring. Izaak finally tried to hit the slam, but thanks to Acid II, he wound up throwing Acid II over the top rope. Acid II hit the floor and was knocked out. Izaak stared in horror as Eugene Williams counted Acid II out. WINNER: [B]The Odd Couple[/B] by count-out in 7:40 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) A video played, hyping Primus Allen as the World Heavyweight Champion. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. RANDY BUMFHOLE vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. JAY CHORD [/B]to determine [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Phenomenal match. All four obviously wanted the shot at Primus. Things exploded as Arthur Dexter Bradley tried to take out Jay early on with a Samoan Spike DDT. Ernest Youngman surprised him by knocking him away from Jay and hit the Good Die Young for a quick pin. Randy was the next to go. He duked it out with Jay for a while before Jay hit him with a Super DDT of his own. That left Ernest and Jay. They brawled through the ring and accidentally took out referee Eugene Williams. Ernest then hit Jay with a Good Die Young as well and started to go for the pin. That’s when ADB hit the ring and knocked Ernest head-first against a turnbuckle. ADB then hit a Frog Splash on him and rolled out of the ring, smirking all the way back up the ramp. Williams recovered and seemed a bit surprised at the carnage. Jay and Ernest recovered about the same time and it was obvious the field had been leveled. Ernest tried to go for the Good Die Young again, but Jay countered it and turned it into a cradle piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 18:54 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 12) Jay celebrated his win, smiling broadly. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] An okay show. We got a rating of 21.77. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Masked Patriot defeated Jim Force[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Lauren Easter defeated Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Josh Jones to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]The Odd Couple defeated Hardcore Legacy (c) by count-out, so [COLOR="red"]the champs retained the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Ernest Youngman, Randy Bumfhole, and Arthur Dexter Bradley to become[COLOR="red"] the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]Curiouser and Curiouser...[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Friday of Week 4, November 2014[/I][/B] I drummed my fingers on my desktop, wondering when they’d take me off hold. I had been trying to find someone at America-Sports-1's programming department who had the time to talk to me for the better part of a half hour. You’d think that if the head of a global company called, they’d have better service. Or at least better hold music. If I had to hear that insipid techno music they played at sports arenas for much longer, I’d... [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Sorry to keep you waiting. Can I help you?”[/COLOR] I ground my teeth at the hesitant young woman. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I hope so. Who am I speaking with?” “Kirsten LaMont. I’m the assistant to the vice president of public relations...” “Then I don’t think you can help me, Ms. LaMont. I’m hoping to speak with someone in programming. I thought I had them when I called, but your people have been passing me around for a while now.” “I’m sorry for that. Why did you want to speak with them?”[/COLOR] I closed my eyes and counted to five. This would be the fourth time I explained my call. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I was hoping to pitch a show idea to them. I noticed that your schedule has a gap on Saturday mornings around nine Eastern. I thought maybe you could spare an hour. We’d put on some low-card matches and highlight what’s happened in the previous week. Sort of a B-show for both our brands...” “I’m sorry, sir, that’s just not possible.”[/COLOR] I paused. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You mean your company is fine with showing reruns of drag races from the 70s in that time slot?” “I couldn’t say for certain since I’m not in programming, but we’re not accepting any new professional wrestling shows.” “What? Why?” “I’m not at liberty to say, sir.”[/COLOR] I thought for a while. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Is it because of Tommy Cornell? I know he’s got two shows on your channel already, but we’ve both been on CBA for a while now and we haven’t had any problems...” “No, this has nothing to do with Mr. Cornell. There’s ...”[/COLOR] I could almost hear the gears grinding over the phone. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’m sorry, sir, I’m not at liberty to say anything else. If you have further questions, I suggest you direct them to my department from now on.”[/COLOR] And with that, she was gone. I sat back and stared at the phone. What was that about? +++ [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Eli? It’s Scap. How are you?”[/COLOR] It had taken me a while to find Eli Watson’s business card. Eli, a reporter for America-Sports-1, had been the one to interview me when the MWA went global a few months back. It had been reduced to sound bites that barely received any air time, but Eli had been kind and professional the whole way through. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Scap! My friend! How are you? Hoping to score some Superbowl tickets?” “Already got them. Good ones too. Or Wanda got them for me. I don’t even want to know how.”[/COLOR] He laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What can I do you for?” “Listen, I just got off the phone with some girl in your PR department. She said that your channel wasn’t accepting any new wrestling shows. Any idea as to why? Is it Tommy?”[/COLOR] Once again, I could hear gears grinding. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Off the record,”[/COLOR] I added. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I promise, I won’t spread this around.”[/COLOR] He sighed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It’s not Cornell. Matter of fact, from what I hear, he isn’t going to have shows here for much longer either.”[/COLOR] Now that surprised me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Why? He’s been pulling in some decent ratings ... much as it burns me to say it.”[/COLOR] Eli laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “True enough. It’s not that ... Look, you have to keep this under your hat, all right?” “I will.” “Promise me, Scap. This gets out, it’s my job, okay?”[/COLOR] What on earth? [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sure. Fine.” “The station’s been bought.” “What? When?” “A few days ago. The whole thing’s been really hush-hush. I’m not even supposed to know about it, but I’ve got my sources. The new owner is the one who banned any new shows and, if what I’ve heard is correct, he’s canceling Tommy’s contract as well. Dumping him completely.” “Why?”[/COLOR] He hesitated. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I can’t say. Honest, Scap, if I say anything else...” “I understand,”[/COLOR] I lied. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“All right, Eli. Thanks.”[/COLOR] I hung up and sat back in my chair. I wanted to pursue it, but there was still plenty of work to be done. I shoved the phone away and found some paperwork. But try as I might, I couldn’t force the puzzle from my mind.

Mid-West Markdown: The Wheel Turns By Dave "Cornellicious" Wynne The wheel turns and, with time to spare, another mega-stable begins, at the least, a shakeup. And I suspect only a shakeup for now; the beatdown on Kovach signifies that Gilmore's Family will be active for at least one more arc, and with Scap's propensity for long-term chases I think we'll see more than one attempt to disband the Family yet - after all, this time the Family face a new threat, and it can hardly be allowed to succeed where double-A, Joel, and Nemesis failed as a unit. And so the wheel turns. Kovach finds himself faced with a dangerous group, a group threatening the general manager of their brand. And he finds himself on the same roster as Marc DuBois. The wheel turns. Oh, come on. I can't have been the only one thinking it. With the Kovach/Archangel battles now re-established and an element of invasion with Sean McFly's continued presence in MWA, the time is ripe for Karma or, at the very least, for references to it. Joel will need allies, after all, as he has a long battle ahead of him. And Chance Fortune makes an unwilling ally at best, given the nature of Kovach's ploy to get his hands on the Family. Look for Joel's early battles to be losses with his reputation bolstered by more fighting comebacks in the tag ranks keeping his war alive; if Scap is on form, look for Junior to tease at least one more turn before the eventual resolution, or possibly Archangel, and most likely look for Matt Gauge to eventually factor into the Family downfall. And hey - wouldn't re-signing Wanda Fish be something? Then again, I've been wrong before. If Scap gives me reason to eat humble pie, you'll read it in these pages first.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 1, December 2014[/I] Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid South Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Joel Kovach came out to the ring and talked about how he had yearned to be on the Alpha brand and now, he finally got his way. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And although they’ve slimmed down, I’m not going to rest until I’ve broken Angry’s little ‘Family of Faith.’”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Jason and Emma speculated as to what was going on in Davis’s mind, especially after that argument last week. But Davis was clearly out to prove something. Problem is, so was Joel. He tore Davis apart and didn’t show him any mercy, finally taking him out with an Old School Drop. WINNER: [B]Joel Kovach [/B]in 10:21 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Davis seemed pretty upset with himself and started to get out of the ring, only to have Steven Parker come after him. Davis ducked his attack and wound up dropping him with a Fisherman’s Suplex. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Chance Fortune approached Nemesis backstage and asked him to transfer him back to the Omega brand. He saw what happened with Arthur Dexter Bradley last week and he wanted to get back there and put ADB in his place. Nemesis laughed at him and refused, saying that he was out of luck. The only way back to Omega would be to beat Primus Allen or to go back the way he came. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) [B]ACID II vs. BURNING EXILE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] Really good match for what it was. EXILE couldn’t put Acid II away, the latter dancing out of any pinning predicaments. As the time limit drew closer and closer, you could read the desperation in EXILE’s expression. And sure enough, it expired. WINNER: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 10:00 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) Ash Campbell was watching the match on a monitor when he turned around and found himself face to face with Chance Fortune. Chance demanded a rematch tonight for the tag titles. Ash seemed a bit surprised. He pointed out that, first of all, Chance’s partner didn’t seem interested anymore. Second, Ash’s partner had just finished a match and wouldn’t be ready. So as a consolation, Ash offered Chance a match with him, one on one. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“We’ll see how it goes.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) [B]MARC du BOIS (c) vs. AARON ANDREWS [/B]for [COLOR="DarkGreen"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Excellent match. Aaron and Marc put on a great fight. Aaron apparently didn’t take Marc seriously, a mistake he paid for in spades. Anything he threw at the champ, Marc was able to counter, finally ending with a Marc of Excellence. WINNER: [B]Marc du Bois [/B]in 10:24 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 8) Backstage, Angry Gilmore met with Archangel and Junior. He praised them for surviving the culling process and said that since their Family was stronger now, they were ready to face Joel. They discussed what they could do, but Angry didn’t seem content with any suggestions. He said he would mull it over and devise a solution himself. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] This was a real surprise. Ash and Chance put together a great match. Great high flying, some spectacular spots, but Chance wound up on the losing end of a Shooting Star Press. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 6:33 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 10) Ash celebrated his win, only to have Chance snap and beat him down severely. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) A video played, hyping the match that Sean McFly had against Primus Allen. But it moved on to say that Primus’s next opponent would be Jay Chord. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 12) [B]SEAN McFLY vs. WOLF HAWKINS[/B] Great match. Sean seemed a bit hungrier this time around, which Emma said made sense since if Sean lost this and the next, he’d be done in the best of five series completely. And it appeared as if Sean’s hunger would carry him through. He simply overwhelmed Wolf’s defenses toward the end of the match, so much so that he wound up accidentally taking out the referee. He stared down at Shane Stones in shock, only to get clocked with the ring bell. Wolf tossed it away and waited in the corner for Stones to wake up. Wolf then lazily pinned Sean and Stones made the count. WINNER: [B]Wolf Hawkins (0-2)[/B] in 13:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 13) Wolf rolled out of the ring and slowly retreated up the ramp. He watched as Stones helped Sean wake up. Then Wolf started laughing as he left the arena. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I would have thought we would have done better. Oh well. We got a rating of 41.42. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Joel Kovach defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Burning EXILE (c) drew with Acid II and so retained [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Marc du Bois (c) defeated Aaron Andrews to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Chance Fortune [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Wolf Hawkins defeated Sean McFly [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Archived