MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 4, August 2014[/I] Held at the Louisiana Auditorium in the South East Territory 7,093 in attendance[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Ernest Youngman came out to the ring and boasted about how he beat Davis Wayne Newton. He said that he maybe didn’t have a winning streak like Primus Allen, but he had a streak that did matter: whenever he set into the ring with the title belt on the line, he never lost. And he wouldn’t in a month. That being said, he said he’d do one better: tonight he had a non-title match against Steven Parker and even though the belt wasn’t on the line, he’d still turn that match to gold. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. ARCHANGEL[/B] Davis seemed particularly frustrated that he had to open the show after Ernest’s boasting. Archangel, on the other hand, was focused and had a predatory smile on his face the whole time. As a result, Davis wound up taking another loss via a Fall From Grace. WINNER: [B]Archangel [/B]in 12:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) Greg Gauge moped backstage. His father found him and asked what was wrong. Greg then unburdened himself, saying that he felt like crap. He couldn’t take out Fumihiro Ota at all. He was a failure and sure that Angry would punish him. Sam told Greg to cheer up, that he would do something about it. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Kristen Pearce led Irwin Gutmann out to the ring and hyped him up, saying that while he may not have won the 10 Minute Championship, but he could still destroy anyone in short order. She called out Acid II to prove it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) [B]ACID II vs. IRWIN GUTMANN[/B] Not a good match. Once again, lack of overness dragged it down. At least, I hope that’s what it was. The crowd sat on their hands for most of it until finally, Acid II took Irwin out with an Acid Rain Bomb. WINNER: [B]Acid II [/B]in 7:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) Archangel came out of his locker room and found himself face to face with Matthew Gauge. Matt glared at him but Archangel just smiled. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Good to see you. Come around to apologize for what you did on Sunday?”[/COLOR] Matt snarled and said he had nothing to apologize for. If anyone had to be sorry, it was Archangel for not listening. He had warned him to stay away from Junior and it appeared he hadn’t listened. And now ... He took a step toward Archangel only to be interrupted by Junior. She berated both of them for acting like children. She reminded them that they were Family and they needed to act like it. She told them to stop bickering or she’d kick both their asses at once. Archangel and Matt grudgingly agreed. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. WOLF HAWKINS[/B] This rematch from Sunday really hit the spot. Marc and Wolf put on a spectacular fight. Wolf clearly thought he had it in the bag but Marc proved him wrong. Marc wouldn’t simply lie down and be pinned. Wolf’s frustration built up until it became obvious he had lost control and Marc hit the Marc of Excellence. WINNER: [B]Marc du Bois [/B]in 15:40 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 8) Sam Keith appeared on screen and challenged Fumihiro Ota to a match, saying he would put to right what Ota made wrong. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) Ash Campbell and Acid II were backstage, celebrating the latter’s victory. They ran into Nemesis and they welcomed him back. Ash told his dad that while they didn’t take out Angry and Sam, they wanted another shot as a tag team. Did he have any ideas? Nemesis thought it over and said that Casey Valentine and Cameron Vessey were just in his office, complaining how they were bored. Nemesis pointed out that all four of them had impressive pedigrees – Ash especially – and it might be fun to see what they’d do again. So he booked them in a tag match for the next week. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] Matt clearly wasn’t happy and he took it out on Joey. While Joey did his best to fight him off, Gauge powered through his offense, smashed his defense, and finally got him tapping with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge [/B]in 9:02 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) Mainstream Hernandez came out to the ring and got in Matt’s face. Matt seemed ready to go, but Mainstream got a mic and said he wasn’t there to fight Matt. Instead, he decided to go straight to the top. He wanted a match against the big man himself, Angry Gilmore, next week. He suggested Matt toddle off and deliver the message like a good little messenger boy. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] Not Ernest’s best but still really good. The crowd obviously peaked too early and it affected this match. But it was still a good effort. Parker clearly wanted to take Ernest out fast and hard but couldn’t seem to get a handle on the champ. Ernest knew it too, taking time to mock and taunt Parker when he could. In the end, he wound up stalking Parker through the middle of the ring and putting him down with a Good Die Young. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 10:33 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad. Better than Blade’s Edge has done in the past, certainly. We got a rating of 34.65. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I] Archangel defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Acid II defeated Irwin Gutmann [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Marc du Bois defeated Wolf Hawkins [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Matthew Gauge defeated Joey Minnesota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING -[COLOR="blue"] B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 4, August 2014[/I] Held at the Ranch of San Antonio in the Mid South Territory 8,877 in attendance[/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Primus Allen came out to the ring entrance and mocked Ernest Youngman, saying that he could boast and brag all he wanted, but everyone knew that in less than a month, his title reign would end. King Midas would get run over by Primus’s streak, and... Before he could finish that thought, Ernest came out of nowhere and attacked him, not letting up for a moment as he beat and kicked him. And then, for good measure, he threw him off the stage and through a table below. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]JOSH JONES vs. SERGEANT BUBBA LEE WEST[/B] A good enough match. Josh seemed a bit put out by Sarge’s bluster but did his best to power through but Sarge was able to counter most of his moves. Sarge finished Josh off with a Recon Wrench. WINNER: [B]Sergeant Bubba Lee West[/B] in 7:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) As Sarge celebrated, a masked man charged the ring and attacked him. He chased Sarge out of the ring and then paused for a moment to let the crowd get a good look at his Star Spangled mask. He then escaped, outrunning the security guards. I commented as they dashed past the announce table that he looked familiar. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 4) I went on to announce that tonight, we’d see the Odd Couple take on Des Davids and Bulldozer Brandon Smith in a non-title match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Joel Kovach made an entrance and then angrily demanded that Jay Chord face him again in a match tonight. But Jay appeared on the big screen and begged off, saying that earlier in the day, he twisted his knee and his doctors were worried he might have tendon damage. He wouldn’t know for sure until tomorrow, so a match was out of the question. Then, much to everyone’s surprise, Ernest Youngman came out to the ring entrance and said that if Joel wasn’t busy, he’d fight him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“But not for the title. You saw earlier how crazy I can get when someone is after my gold.”[/COLOR] Joel sighed and shrugged, saying he might as well. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 6) A video played, hyping the feud between Arthur Dexter Bradley and Joey Beauchamp. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) [B]LAUREN EASTER (c) vs. BROOKE TYLER [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] Wow, did not expect this but I’ll take it. Great match. Lauren and Brooke gelled in the match and pushed each other to some great heights. The crowd ate it up as they went through some moves that even the men wouldn’t do. In the end, though, Lauren proved her mettle by getting Brooke to tap out with a Figure Four leglock. WINNER: [B]Lauren Easter [/B]in 8:29 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) Mean Jean Cattley appeared on screen and boasted of how great he was. He said he would prove it by defending his American Championship and bide his time. And then, when the time was right, he would strike and he would once again be World Heavyweight Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) Lauren Easter ran into Agent 69 backstage. Agent 69 was livid that Lauren didn’t give her a rematch for the women’s championship. Lauren pointed out that there had been nothing in their contracts about a rematch, but if Agent 69 wanted one, she’d get one next week. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Another great match between these two. ADB really shone as they battled it out. Joey appeared in over his head and resorted to a number of cowardly, underhanded tactics, none of which could save him from the eventual Samoan Spike DDT. WINNER: [B]Arthur Dexter Bradley [/B]in 9:47 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 11) ADB celebrated his win in the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) [B]THE ODD COUPLE vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Without the pressure of going after the titles, Alicia and Izaak did a pretty commendable job. They kept the tag champs on their toes the whole time, not letting up for a second. And while Des and Bulldozer looked particularly dangerous, Smith wound up on his back after a Crucifix Slam. WINNERS: [B]The Odd Couple [/B]in 8:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 13) And they celebrated their win in the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 14) Zimmy Bumfhole led one of our camera people down a hall, saying there was something we had to see. He motioned for everyone to be quiet and then opened a locker room door. Inside was Jay Chord listening to an MP3 player and dancing and singing. Zimmy let us watch for a while as Jay really went to town, even going so far as to doing some leaps from the benches. Zimmy then glanced at the camera and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Boy, his knee must really be killing him.”[/COLOR] And then Zimmy was mowed down by Mean Jean Cattley, who kicked him once when he was down and muttered,[COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Smart ass.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the dancing; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the attack 15) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] Phenomenal match but from these two, I wouldn’t expect less. They put on a heck of a battle, with Ernest acting very self-confident and Joel correcting him in a very violent manner. Ernest simply couldn’t keep Joel down long enough to pin him. So he resorted to any number of dirty tricks to bring Joel down. Those didn’t help either. In the end, Ernest managed to stagger Joel long enough to attempt a Good Die Young. Only Joel managed to roll through it and, when he finished, he dropped Ernest with an Old School Drop. WINNER: [B]Joel Kovach [/B]in 12:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We got a rating of 43.28. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Sergeant Bubba Lee West defeated Josh Jones [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Lauren Easter (c) defeated Brooke Tyler to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Arthur Dexter Bradley defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]The Odd Couple defeated Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Joel Kovach defeated Ernest Youngman [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]State of the Union[/SIZE][/I] [I][B]Saturday of Week 4, August of 2014[/B][/I] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I now declare you husband and wife in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. What God has joined together, let no one put asunder...”[/COLOR] I looked up from my trembling hands into Wanda’s blue eyes and I knew I had made the right decision. I often second guess a lot of the things I do. Marrying her, however, was never in question. After a few short prayers, the pastor introduced us as “the new tag team of Mr. and Mrs. John and Wanda Otte.” I should have known better than to have a smark officiate our wedding, but we had been attending services at his church when we could thanks to Archangel. Going anywhere else would have felt odd. I looked out over the congregation. We had insisted on a small, private wedding. Family and a few close friends only. Wanda’s mom was in near hysterics; I had overheard her gush to her husband that now Wanda would finally be an “honest woman” and she actually speculated on how soon we would start cranking out grandkids. My sisters were likewise thrilled. I think they believed I was helpless without a strong woman in my life. Well, yeah, I was, but I didn’t appreciate them pointing it out. Soon we were in the limo riding to the reception. That’s where I knew the real party waited. Sure enough, the entire roster had turned out for this shindig. It felt weird seeing everyone out of character. Archangel without his warpaint looks a lot younger in person. So did Fumihiro Ota. Ernest Youngman, normally so brash and arrogant, was actually something of a wall flower. I think he had a thing for one of my sisters but wouldn’t talk to her. And Nemesis ... well, turns out he’s a crier at weddings. Yeah. I would have never guessed either. The night held a few surprises for us. After the first dance (where I proved conclusively who had the athletic ability in our newly minted family), wrestlers and “normals” flooded the floor. Junior dragged Joel Kovach out to dance. And much to my surprise, Jay Chord kept appearing on the dance floor with Alicia Strong draped over him. As a matter of fact, when Wanda tossed the boquet, Alicia wound up elbowing both Jaime Quine and Brooke Tyler out of the way. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Ever think we should have brought cameras to this?”[/COLOR] I whispered to Wanda as Alicia hip-tossed Junior off of her. The night wound down and eventually, Wanda and I bade our guests good night. We tumbled into the honeymoon suite. As I went to freshen up, Wanda wandered into the room. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You didn’t have to get any champagne... John! How much did you spend on this?”[/COLOR] Champagne? What? I came out of the bathroom and found Wanda next to a bucket of ice, examining the bottle within. I’m no connoisseur, but I recognized Pernod Ricard as being one of the pricier brands out there. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I didn’t order this...”[/COLOR] I plucked a card up from the table and opened it. I laughed and showed it to Wanda. [I]Congratulations, Scap. You deserve all the happiness in the world.[/I] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Who sent you champagne?” [/COLOR]Wanda asked. I had no idea. It wouldn’t be Tommy. That much was clear. And probably not Dan Stone either. Nor any of the promoters from the other companies. That left only one person in my mind: my mysterious benefactor. She took the bottle from my hand and put it back in the ice. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Forget about it. I think you have more important things to do now, right?”[/COLOR] And with a smile, she led me away.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 1, September 2014[/I] Held at Connecticut Symphony Hall in the New England Territory 8,242 in attendance[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic announced that tonight’s main event would be Davis Wayne Newton vs. Junior. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring and said that he was glad he got to face one of the “Family of Faith.” After the way things had been going lately, he had a lot of anger to work out and didn’t mind fighting Junior. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA (c) vs. SAM KEITH [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Possibly the best opening match we’ve had on Blade’s Edge for a while. Ota clearly knew he was outmatched and did his best to fend off Sam’s attacks. He went for a Ninja Strike more than once but Sam was able to duck them. Ota did manage to slip out of a Neutron Plex once, but the second time, Sam hit it and then tied Ota into a Proton Lock. The Rising Star managed to slip out but then Sam pulled him back, tightened it up, and Ota wound up tapping out. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 10:54 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 4) Fumihiro Ota stumbled into the back, looking somewhat despondent (as near as we could tell). As he did, he passed by Archangel, who smiled at him, a predatory flash of teeth. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) [B]HARDCORE LEGACY vs. VALENTINE & VESSEY[/B] Decent match. Ash really looked good in the ring. While Cameron and Casey did their best, Ash and Acid II managed to out-wrestled them, with Ash picking up the win for his team when he hit Casey Valentine with a Shooting Star Press. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 8:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) Cameron and Casey, frustrated over their loss, vented their anger by beating up Hardcore Legacy. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Junior was stretching out for the main event. As she did, Matthew Gauge came in and offered her a bouquet of roses to wish her luck. She accepted them with a smile, but after he kissed her and left, the smile faded into uncertainty. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. ANGRY GILMORE[/B] An okay match. Angry thought he had things sewn up but Mainstream was on top of his game. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Clearly Mainstream has watched some old footage of Angry and has him scouted well,” [/COLOR]Jason commented. Mainstream was able to duck most of Angry’s more vicious attacks and, much to everyone’s surprise, managed to take out Angry with an Apparition #14. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 10:53 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 9) KC Glenn appeared on screen and challenged Roland Lebowski to a match for the MWA 10 Minute Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) [B]EDWARD CORNELL vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] Another surprise. Good chemistry elevates what I expected would be only average. Edward did his best to take out Des but eventually was nearly broken in half via a Spear. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 10:01 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 11) Steven Parker was in the ring and he revealed that he too was sick of the Family of Faith. He especially was sick of Archangel. Rumor had it that Archangel threatened Fumihiro Ota before his match and look what happened. He knew that Ota wouldn’t do this, honor and all that. So he would do it for him. He challenged Archangel to a match next week. Archangel came out and told Parker he was high. He’d fight him, but he promised that it wouldn’t end well. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) Backstage, Wolf Hawkins was seen beating down Marc du Bois. Emma said that Marc deserved it, although she wouldn’t elaborate as to why. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 13) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. JUNIOR[/B] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I hate to admit it, but Junior is clearly a chip off the old block,” [/COLOR]Jason commented. It was a fantastic match. Davis clearly wanted to destroy Junior and she seemed perfectly okay with that. Junior gave as well as she got and seemed to be able to push all of Davis’s buttons, taunting him while down and goading him into reckless attacks she could capitalize on. In the end, she managed to roll out of an attempted STF and got Davis into a Triangle Choke. She wouldn’t let go until he passed out. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 12:54 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 14) As soon as Junior got up, she turned and found Archangel standing at ringside. He smiled at her and nodded. She tried to keep from smiling but you could tell it was a struggle. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We got a rating of 38.41. FINAL RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Sam Keith defeated Fumihrio Ota (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Hardcore Legacy defeated Vessey & Valentine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez defeated Angry Gilmore [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids defeated Edward Cornell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

I guess you're going through growing pains - the brand split seems to have sliced your good chemistry pairings clear in half :D Is Acid II a new worker? Or someone you've created the gimmick for? You're about six months ahead of me in game, so I may have someone new to look forward to. A lot of my recent debutants have been a bit naff... Congrats on the wedding, of course ;) And I'm still picking Old Man Stone as your benefactor, unless Stallings is back in business. As for Jay and Alicia... Chemistry, History, Genetics... Why not Biology as well? Think of the children! I don't want to seem nosy, but I was wondering about the respective overnesses of Matt and Greg Guage - neither seems to be setting the world on fire as singles, and I could see a tag team reunion in the future... But maybe their respective card positions count against that? Of course, maybe Mainstream is going to stir the pot some more and we'll see some intra-Familial fireworks next time Blade's Edge has PPV time... Keep up the good work, Scap, and you're welcome for the DOTM nom.

The Brand Split seems to be working okay for me for the most part. Both sides have some problems with lower card workers. Thanks to their lack of overness, they usually wind up putting on stinkers in terms of matches. Alpha seemed to have lost out in terms of the draft for some reason. Most of the "higher talent" workers wound up on Omega. Or at least, it seems that way to me. Acid II is indeed a new worker. I don't remember when he debuts exactly. I had him in MAW for development about six months or so before I called him up. Alicia and Jay are courtesy of Phantom Stranger. I recently went back and reread some of the stuff in this thread and he made a passing comment about them and I decided that sounded pretty good. Greg and Matt are both upper midcarders, I think. I might be wrong, but they're right about in the middle of the pack and inching forward a bit. That's all I'm saying about them. Thanks for the compliments and questions. And thank you for the DOTM nom. I appreciate the chance.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 1, September 2014[/I] Held at the Minnesota Coliseum in the Mid West Territory 7,534 in attendance[/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]VENGEANCE vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] Chance seemed a bit upset to be opening a show, but he did his best. Vengeance was on top of his game, though, and battered him around the ring and even out of it. Chance complained bitterly to referee Eugene Williams about how Vengeance was treating him. Ana pointed out with a chuckle that he should expect it since he’s, you know, in a wrestling match and all that. Chance never regained his momentum after that. Vengeance finished him off with a Justice Crusher. WINNER: [B]Vengeance[/B] in 7:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Ernest Youngman appeared on screen and said that he heard a rumor that Primus Allen wouldn’t be in the arena tonight because he had a [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“boo boo.” “Oh well. Guess the unstoppable streak’s not as unstoppable as he thought.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Joel Kovach came out to the ring with a big grin. He announced that Nemesis gave him a match against Jay Chord tonight. And the reason why he was smiling was because Nemesis added a special stipulation to it: no count-outs. Jay could not walk away from him this time. Joel promised he would enjoy ripping Jay into little pieces. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) [B]LAUREN EASTER (c) vs. AGENT 69 [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] A decent match, with Agent 69 pulling out all the stops to bring the champ down. But she couldn’t get it done. Lauren eventually took the fight out of her completely with a Belly-to-Belly suplex. WINNER: [B]Lauren Easter [/B]in 7:37 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) Before Lauren could get out of the ring, Brooke Tyler charged in and attacked her. Then Agent 69 joined in and the two of them spent several minutes wailing on the women’s champ before laughing at her and leaving. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) And as they crossed into the backstage area, they passed by Des Davids and Bulldozer Brandon Smith beating the holy hell out of the Odd Couple. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Apparently they weren’t too thrilled about that match last week,”[/COLOR] I commented. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) A video played hyping Zimmy Bumfhole as a wrestler. It finished with the revelation that Zimmy would be wrestling Ernest Youngman tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Jay did not look happy, especially as the ring announcer reminded everyone of the special stipulation. Joel’s grin seemed even bigger if that was possible. The match was spectacular. Another heavy-hitting, technical free-for-all that spilled into the ringside area. Joel took advantage of the stipulation, spending a lot of time outside the ring and throwing Jay into the security railings and ring steps. Referee Eugene Williams shouted at him to take it back into the ring. Joel finally had to bring it back inside, though, since he couldn’t win the match out there. And that’s when Jay struck. He desperately fought back, throwing every last ounce of strength into final blast of offense. But as he knocked Joel down, he dropped on him and put his legs up on the ropes to keep Joel down. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 9:59 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 9) Arthur Dexter Bradley approached Nemesis and asked him for a tie-breaking match against Joey Beauchamp. Nemesis said that ADB had certainly impressed him last week. Nemesis said he’d think about it and let him know. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Sergeant Bubba Lee West came out to the ring and told Liberty to drop the act. Everyone knew that it was him under the mask last week. He reminded the veteran that he lost his job. He should stop embarrassing himself. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. SERGEANT BUBBA LEE WEST[/B] Even though Thomas and Sarge didn’t click, they still put on an above average match. Sarge took early control and seemed to have things sewn up until a rather strident version of “America the Beautiful” started playing. Sarge turned toward the entrance, setting himself for an attack. But none materialized. So Thomas capitalized and took Sarge down, getting him to tap with a Camel Clutch. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]in 6:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) Sarge looked ready to attack Thomas but he didn’t get the chance. The same masked individual hit the ring and took him down, throwing him into a corner and stomping him in the chest. The Silencer ran in to save his tag partner, but the masked man was ready for him as well. He dropped the Silencer with a clothesline and then dropped on him and punched him repeatedly. Security swarmed out of the back and the masked man escaped through the crowd. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) [B]ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Great match to finish things off, but not as good as Joel and Jay’s. At any rate, Zimmy pulled out all the stops, trying to focus on flying to bring Ernest down. But in the end, Ernest was able to drop him with a Good Die Young. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 11:34 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 14) Ernest went post-to-post, showing off his belt, when the lights went out. When they came back on, Primus Allen was in the ring with him. Ernest didn’t notice at first, shouting abuse at the crewmembers who turned off the lights. Primus then grabbed him from behind and dropped him with a Running Powerslam. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We got a rating of 22.56. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Vengeance defeated Chance Fortune [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Lauren Easter (c) defeated Agent 69 to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Joel Kovach [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Thomas Morgan defeated Sergeant Bubba Lee West [/I]-[COLOR="blue"] B[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman (c) defeated Zimmy Bumfhole to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 2, September 2014[/I] Held at the Lowe Ballroom in the North West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA vs. AARON ANDREWS[/B] A solid opening for the show. Fumihiro seemed a bit depressed over losing his title, but he gamely fought on, trying to bring down Aaron quick. Aaron proved to be a bit trickier to nail down and actually surprised everyone by hitting a Flying Body Press. WINNER: [B]Aaron Andrews [/B]in 9:59 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) Sam Keith was watching the previous match backstage with Angry Gilmore. Sam patted his Rising Star Title and turned to Angry. They celebrated the fact that Sam won the title last week. Angry congratulated Sam, saying that his win was vindication of his teachings and proof that the Family was stronger than people realized. Sam thanked him and said he was going to check on his sons. He left the room and Angry watched him go, a hint of anger flashing in his eyes. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) [B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI (c) vs. REMMY SKYE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] We slipped with this one thanks to some bad chemistry. Remmy and Roland did their level best to bring each other down, but neither could get it done before the time limit expired. WINNER: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 10:00 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 4) Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine came out to the ring and challenged Hardcore Legacy to a rematch, saying that there was no way they would win again. Out came Ash and Acid II, who readily agreed to the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) Matthew Gauge found Archangel backstage. He wishes him luck in his upcoming match against Steven Parker, saying that he was sure Archangel would do fine ... on his own. He said that Junior would be too busy with him to help Archangel out. His overall tone was icy and somewhat threatening. Archangel thanked Matt for his concern and said he was sure things would be fine. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. ARCHANGEL[/B] An okay match. A little above average, but a good midway bout. Parker clearly had it in for Archangel and didn’t let up even for a moment. Archangel clearly looked a bit in over his head but tried to bring Parker down several times. Jason crowed, though, that Parker clearly had Archangel’s number. That’s when Junior hit the ring. While Archangel distracted referee Shane Stones, Junior took Parker out, finishing him off with her dad’s finisher, the Old School Drop. Archangel then took advantage of the situation by slapping Parker into the Wing Clip. As Parker tapped out, Jason commented that either Matt was lying about Junior or Matt had “performance problems.” Emma said she wouldn’t touch that one at all. WINNER: [B]Archangel[/B] in 11:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) Mainstream Hernandez found Sam Keith backstage. He pointed out that he had beaten [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato [/I]a while ago. He was feeling lucky now. So he challenged Sam to a match for the Rising Star Title. Sam smiled thinly and said it would be his pleasure to put Mainstream back in his place. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Great match. These two put on a great brawl in which Smith actually did a little flying. But he was no match for the Triple Threat. Davis’s constantly changing offense proved to be too much and Smith finally wound up tapping out in an STF. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 8:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) Backstage, Matt Gauge found Junior and confronted her about helping Archangel. Apparently he had forbidden her from doing so. Junior hotly shot back that he didn’t control her. She wanted what was best for the family and said that Matt shouldn’t be so selfish. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 10) Ernest Youngman appeared on screen and tried to blow off Primus’s return and attack on him last week by pointing out that he was still standing and he still had the World Heavyweight Championship. But you could tell he was a little rattled. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 11) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA vs. WOLF HAWKINS[/B] Not as good as I hoped for but still not too bad. Wolf and Joey fought each other to pretty much a standstill for most of the match with neither man claiming a lead. But eventually, Wolf started to pull into the lead and soon it was obvious that the momentum was on his side. But just as he set up Joey for a Full Moon Rising, Marc du Bois’s entrance music hit. Wolf turned to the entrance to face what he thought was going to be an ambush. In the meantime, Joey recovered, hopped up, and then hit Wolf with an Empire Spiral. He then pinned a very surprised Wolf. WINNER: [B]Joey Minnesota [/B]in 12:06 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) As Wolf tried to figure out what happened, Marc du Bois came out and laughed at him, sarcastically apologizing for the distraction. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Kind of figured we’d end where we did after that last match. I also found out that Roland Lebowski suffered a swollen calf muscle. Seems like he’ll be able to work through it but we’ll let him rest up a little. We got a rating of 37.59. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Aaron Andrews defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Roland Lebowski (c) drew with Remmy Sky and so retained [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Archangel defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Joey Minnesota defeated Wolf Hawkins [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 2, September 2014[/I] Held at Evanovich Riverside in the Tri State Territory 8,278 in attendance[/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. Jean appeared quite upset about something and he took it out on J-Ro. She put up a good fight but in the end, she succumbed to a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 10:11 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) We soon discovered why Jean was upset. Apparently Nemesis booked him in a title defense against Zimmy Bumfhole at “New Legacy.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) [B]FUYUKO HIGA & MEGUMI NAKAJIMA vs. AGENT 69 & BROOKE TYLER[/B] Wow. Awful, just awful. Part of the problem was Agent 69 and Brooke. No chemistry as a tag team whatsoever (figures, considering how I have them booked over the next few weeks). And the complete lack of overness of the faces didn’t help either. Agent 69 finally put us all out of misery by taking down Fuyuko. WINNER: [B]Agent 69 [/B]in 6:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) Out came the women’s champ, who challenged Agent 69 and Brooke to a tag match at “New Legacy.” The ladies laughed and agreed to it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Jay Chord came out to the ring and mocked Joel Kovach, pointing out that they had a match, he didn’t walk out, and Jay won. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So I guess that proves it. Kovach is old news, not worth anyone’s time, and...”[/COLOR] Joel came out and interrupted, replaying the end of the match. He pointed out the fact that Jay cheated and he replayed the end of the match from last week, showing Jay holding him down with his legs on the ropes. Joel said he wasn’t angry at the ref. After all, he couldn’t see what happened, so it wasn’t his fault. But he did take exception to Jay saying that he beat him when everyone knew that he didn’t do it cleanly. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Maybe I can help there.” [/COLOR]Out came Nemesis. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Seems to me you two need to work out some of your hostility. So this is what we’re going to do. You two are going to have a match at ‘New Legacy.’ And it seems to me that the best way to do this is to make sure that you can’t walk away and you don’t have to cheat. So we’ll make it a Last Man Standing match!”[/COLOR] Jay looked sick while Joel crowed with delight. Jay looked even worse when Nemesis said that as part of his punishment for cheating last week, he’d have to face Primus Allen tonight in the main event. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 6) The Odd Couple came out to the ring and, as they did, we replayed a segment they taped earlier where they challenged Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith to a match. I said that the challenge had been accepted for “New Legacy.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] A good match to get us back on the right track. Izaak and BBS brawled through the ring and, at one point, Smith made the mistake of getting out and taunting Alicia. Alicia made him pay for it with several knife-edge chops before referee Eugene Williams ordered her away. But the damage was done and Smith had a hard time rallying. He did manage to get one final nearfall only to be taken out by Izaak with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 10:34 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) Ernest Youngman came out and once again repeated his line about how he was still standing. He pointed out that there was a reason why he attacked Primus two weeks ago. He admitted he was worried about his match against Primus. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Primus does have that momentum behind him. Can you blame me if I wanted to blunt it a little. But now I know it was stupid to do so. After all, I’m going to completely stop him in two weeks!”[/COLOR] Primus came out and said that Ernest was full of it. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You say you’re going to stop me? Lots have tried. No one has succeeded. I’m going to break you and take your title. Pay attention tonight, champ. You’re not going to like what you see.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) Joey Beauchamp found Nemesis backstage and asked the boss if he had decided about Arthur Dexter Bradley’s request for a match at “New Legacy.” While he claimed he was ready to face ADB anytime, anywhere, he tried to beg out of it, saying that it had been done and there was nothing to be gained from another match. Nemesis disagreed, saying that Joey should be ready for the match because it was on. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) The Silencer came out and called out Liberty, saying that he knew it was him under the mask. He said he wasn’t going to leave until Liberty came out and faced him in a match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) [B]THE "MASKED STRANGER" vs. THE SILENCER[/B] Out came the masked man. Ana and I debated whether or not it was really Liberty as he and the Silencer went at it. I pointed out that the masked stranger seemed a bit more spry than the cagey veteran. Whoever it was, he clearly wasn’t afraid of the Silencer, going toe-to-toe with him until finally, he slammed him to the mat in a move that I said wasn’t Liberty’s but still looked very familiar. WINNER: [B]The "Masked Stranger" [/B]in 8:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) Before the masked stranger could escape, Sarge charged in and attacked. This time, it worked, and soon the Brothers in Arms were beating him down pretty badly. Then Liberty himself appeared, coming out of the crowd to join the fray. He got the masked man freed and then escaped, chased off by security. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. JAY CHORD[/B] A good capper but I doubt it was enough to make up for the other matches. Jay did his best to bring down the streak but he simply couldn’t. Primus ran over him pretty badly, finally putting him down with a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 11:53 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not as bad as I thought it’d be. We got a rating of 20.76. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Joanne Rodriguez to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Agent 69 & Brooke Tyler defeated Fuyuko Higa & Megumi Nakajima [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]“The Masked Stranger” defeated the Silencer [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 3, September 2014[/I] Held at Wisconsin Gardens in the Great Lakes Territory 6,903 in attendance[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] Greg came out to the ring on fire. Joey quickly put him out. Greg went after him hard but he overextended himself far too often. Joey seemed a bit taken aback at how easy it became to sidestep and otherwise avoid Greg’s offense. In the end, Joey scrambled out of an attempted Proton Lock and countered with an Empire Spiral. WINNER: [B]Joey Minnesota [/B]in 11:37 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) Hardcore Legacy was headed for the ring for their match against Valentine & Vessey when their opponents came out of nowhere and beat them down. After tossing them into the walls and into piles of equipment before dragging them out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) [B]HARDCORE LEGACY vs. VALENTINE & VESSEY[/B] Ash and Acid II never really recovered fully after the beatdown. Ash tried to rally and he really shone in the match (much to my surprised delight). But the damage had been done. Ash wound up busted open after missing a flying cross-body block and that took him out of the hunt. That allowed Casey to put Acid II down with a Heartbreaker. WINNERS: [B]Valentine & Vessey [/B]in 9:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) A video played, hyping Roland Lebowski as the 10 Minute Champion. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) Backstage Junior stretched out. She turned when she heard a door open. It was Archangel. He smiled and complimented her on nailing the Old School Drop last week. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Sending a message, were we?”[/COLOR] Junior smiled, but it died as Archangel went on and said that it was “so-so.” He said that it was effective but could be more so. He commented that he had been on the receiving end of those enough times to know how it worked. He offered to help teach her the move so that it would be just as devastating coming from her as it was from her father. Junior agreed readily and Archangel told her to go through the opening motions of the Old School Drop. She did so, and Archangel complimented her again. He pointed out that there was a way to do it from behind, something that Joel rarely used. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Which is a shame, because it’s definitely painful and usually can take out your opponent for sure.”[/COLOR] Junior eagerly asked him to show her. So Archangel turned her around and started to put her through the move. As he did, though, she asked if someone couldn’t counter it by... She tried and they wound up toppling to the floor, Junior landing on top of Archangel, their faces almost touching. Junior stared at him. He returned her gaze... And then the door banged open and Matthew Gauge strode in. He stared at them in shock. Junior leapt up and babbled about how Archangel was trying to show her a move for her match later and they slipped and .... She stopped in mid-sentence and darted out the room. Matt watched her go and turned back to Archangel, who rose and dusted himself off. He then patted Matt on the shoulder with a large grin and wished Matt luck for his match. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 6) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] Emma confidently predicted that Matt would destroy Steve, who she once again seemed surprised to see in the ring. But Matt’s mind wasn’t on what he was doing. He missed opportunities, he botched moves, he left himself open so much that Steve was able to dance in and out, knocking Matt around until he finally put him down. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 9:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 7) Angry Gilmore and Sam Keith were watching a monitor backstage. Angry kicked it over and it exploded in a burst of sparks. He raged about how both Gauges lost their matches. He said that the Family would be a laughingstock, especially if Sam lost to Mainstream Hernandez in the main event tonight. Sam said that he would not disappoint [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I]. He would redeem his sons’ failure. He would redeem the name of the Family. He would even make up for Angry’s loss to Mainstream. Angry didn’t appreciate the reminder. But he blessed Sam in his efforts and sent him out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. JUNIOR[/B] Great match. Marc seemed to have Junior’s number, leading Emma to grouse that perhaps Marc called his old teammate for pointers. Whatever the case, Marc scored the first two nearfalls, even though both didn’t even make it to two. Junior rallied and took the fight to Marc. She wore him down and then, much to everyone’s surprise, she nailed the Old School Drop from behind, taking Marc out of the fight. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Quick study,” [/COLOR]Jason said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“She must really relate to her teacher.”[/COLOR] Oddly Emma had nothing to say to that. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 9:53 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 9) Marc stumbled to his feet, only to have Wolf come out to the ring entrance. He mocked Marc mercilessly, saying that this just proved he was yesterday’s news. Marc clearly wanted to disprove that and he stormed down the aisle, only to be intercepted halfway by Irwain Gutmann who laid him out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) Fumihiro Ota paced backstage when he turned and found himself face-to-face with Ernest Youngman. Ernest asked if Ota was feeling particularly glum after losing the Rising Star Title. Ernest said he should be thankful he lost, since Ota holding something for rising stars was stupid. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Everyone knows that your star is falling. You’re past your prime and we all know it. That title should be in the hands of a young wrestler. Someone like me. But oh wait, I don’t need it because I have this.”[/COLOR] He shoved the World Heavyweight Championship in Ota’s face. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Maybe not for long,” [/COLOR]Ota said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“This Sunday you face Primus Allen, right? So by this time next week, you may not have a title either. No matter what, how about you and I fight. Title or no title, I want to show you why I deserved that title.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. SAM KEITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] And bad chemistry scuttles us yet again. Mainstream and Sam did an okay job but they couldn’t get the match out of second gear. Mainstream did his level best to dazzle Sam and take him down, but Sam powered through and finally got Mainstream to tap with the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 12:59 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I shudder to think what this would have been like if it hadn’t been for Junior and Marc. We got a rating of 37.68. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Joey Minnesota defeated Greg Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Valentine & Vessey defeated Hardcore Legacy [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Steve Gumble defeated Matthew Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Marc du Bois [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Sam Keith (c) defeated Mainstream Hernandez to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA[I] Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 3, September 2014[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“New Legacy”[/COLOR]) Held at the Louisiana Auditorium in the South East Territory 7,954 in attendance[/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) We hyped the fact that tonight’s main event would be Primus Allen & Joel Kovach taking on Jay Chord and MWA World Heavyweight Champion Ernest Youngman. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Zimmy Bumfhole came out to the ring. He said that he was looking forward to beating Mean Jean Cattley and taking away his American Championship this Sunday. He suggested that Jean pay attention to what’s about to happen and take notes. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) [B]ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] And what a way to start a show. Zimmy and Chance set an incredibly high bar for everyone else to follow. Lots of high impact high spots, lots of nearfalls and so on, all of which ended with Chance nearly taking Zimmy’s head off with a Stroke of Luck. WINNER: [B]Chance Fortune [/B]in 10:53 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 4) Zimmy left the ring, only to have Chance get on the mic and taunt him for the loss. Zimmy didn’t take that so well and wound up chasing Chance out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 5) Lauren Easter came out and introduced her tag partner for this Sunday: Jaime Quine. She also suggested that everyone pay attention to what Jaime could do in the following match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) [B]JAIME QUINE vs. AMBER ALLEN[/B] Whoa. Horrible match that dragged through the middle. Jaime finally put us all out of our misery with a K.O. Kick. WINNER: [B]Jaime Quine [/B]in 6:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 7) The ring was quickly transformed for a contract signing. Out came Primus and Ernest, who both took turns jawing about how they would destroy each other. But Primus came out a bit ahead by reminding Ernest that Jay has held the World Heavyweight Championship in the past. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You never know what he might do to the current holder if he had a chance...”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) The Brothers in Arms came out to the ring and admitted they were wrong about the masked stranger being Liberty. They didn’t care about that. “If that long-haired hippy wants another beatdown, that’s no never mind to us,” Sarge said. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So bring your friend to ‘New Legacy,’ Liberty. We’ll put both of you in your place.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) [B]VENGEANCE vs. SERGEANT BUBBA LEE WEST[/B] Great match. I think Vengeance did most of the work, carrying Sarge through the match and making him look like a star. As a result, Sarge looked like an absolute monster, devastating Vengeance and finally dropping him with a Recon Wrench. WINNER: [B]Sergeant Bubba Lee West [/B]in 7:34 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 10) Joey Beauchamp came out to the ring and said that this Sunday, he would... Arthur Dexter Bradley came out and interrupted Joey, saying that one of Joey’s weaknesses was the fact that he liked the sound of his own voice. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“In the ring, actions speak louder than words.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. LEAD BELLY[/B] This is gonna be a weird show, I think. ADB and Lead Belly clearly didn’t want Chance and Zimmy to walk away with the best match and they laid it all on the line, taking the fight through and around the match. In the end, ADB put a cap on the match with a Frog Splash. WINNER: [B]Arthur Dexter Bradley [/B]in 9:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 12) The Odd Couple appeared on screen and said that while they may not have always seen eye to eye with each other in the past, they agreed on one thing: they were going to beat Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith this Sunday for the titles. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 13) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN & JOEL KOVACH vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN & JAY CHORD[/B] I suppose I shouldn’t be too surprised. The crowd was burned out at this point and just couldn’t muster any over-the-top enthusiasm. Everyone but Joel really looked great in the match. Ernest clearly had trust issues with Jay, often avoiding tagging him in. Jay had to hot-tag his way in on more than one occasion. But neither of them could blunt Primus’s offense. Primus finally put Jay down with a Running Powerslam and, when Ernest charged in to break the pin, Joel Kovach caught and snared him in the Kovach Krippler. WINNERS: [B]Primus Allen & Joel Kovach [/B]in 13:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] As the show wrapped up, Ana and I ran down the card for “New Legacy” - [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] ([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B]LAUREN EASTER & JAIME QUINE vs. AGENT 69 & BROOKE TYLER [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) [B]LIBERTY & THE “MASKED STRANGER” vs. BROTHERS IN ARMS [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. JAY CHORD in [COLOR="Purple"]a LAST MAN STANDING MATCH [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR]) [B]THE ODD COUPLE vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR]) [B]ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR]) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Yeah, I figured something like this would happen after the hot start, stumble, and then petering out. We got a rating of 42.10. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Chance Fortune defeated Zimmy Bumfhole [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Jaime Quine defeated Amber Allen [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Sergeant Bubba Lee West defeated Vengeance [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Arthur Dexter Bradley defeated Lead Belly [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen & Joel Kovach defeated Ernest Youngman & Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] Comments, questions, predictions, whatever, it’s always welcome.

Guest Bolton
ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] [I]The Breeze is too err...breezy for ADB.[/I] LAUREN EASTER & JAIME QUINE vs. [B]AGENT 69 & BROOKE TYLER[/B] [I]Time for Agent 69 to shine. Either that or Eric Tyler interferes, so his daughter can have all the glory. And with a perverted old man gimmick. Goody.[/I] [B]LIBERTY & THE “MASKED STRANGER”[/B] vs. BROTHERS IN ARMS [I]The Masked Stranger turns out to be a Masked Strangler and shoots this match.[/I] [B]JOEL KOVACH[/B] vs. JAY CHORD in a LAST MAN STANDING MATCH [I]Joel Kovach messes up big time and breaks Chord's neck with a botched Old School Drop.[/I] [B]THE ODD COUPLE[/B] vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c) for the MWA Tag Team Championship [I]They are an odd couple! What can you lose? :rolleyes: [/I] ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] (c) for the MWA American Championship [I]He's meaner then Mean Gene Okerlund, and doesn't sell burgers, but that doesn't mean he can't wrestle a damn fine match![/I] [B]PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c) for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [I]The damn audience will cheer "PRIMUS, PRIMUS!!" and poor King Midas will have to deal with not being the World Champion.[/I] HUGH DE ASKE FOREVER!!!! :D

ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] [B]LAUREN EASTER & JAIME QUINE[/B] vs. AGENT 69 & BROOKE TYLER [B]LIBERTY & THE “MASKED STRANGER”[/B] vs. BROTHERS IN ARMS [B]JOEL KOVACH [/B]vs. JAY CHORD in a LAST MAN STANDING MATCH [B]THE ODD COUPLE[/B] vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c) for the MWA Tag Team Championship [B]ZIMMY BUMFHOLE[/B] vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c) for the MWA American Championship PRIMUS ALLEN vs. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship

ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] LAUREN EASTER & JAIME QUINE vs. [B]AGENT 69 & BROOKE TYLER[/B] LIBERTY & THE “MASKED STRANGER” vs. [B]BROTHERS IN ARMS[/B] [B]JOEL KOVACH[/B] vs. JAY CHORD in a LAST MAN STANDING MATCH [B]ODD COUPLE[/B] vs. DES DAVIDS & BRANDON SMITH MWA Tag Team Titles ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] MWA American Title PRIMUS ALLEN vs. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] MWA World Heavyweight Title

I don't know if it's how busy I've been, but I find that this particular event is a lot harder to predict than most... [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY[/B] vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP Just a feeling on this one. [B]LAUREN EASTER & JAIME QUINE[/B] vs. AGENT 69 & BROOKE TYLER 69 and Tyler need a reason to continue this program together, I think. [B]LIBERTY & THE “MASKED STRANGER”[/B] vs. BROTHERS IN ARMS Triumphant 'return' for Liberty--for now. [B]JOEL KOVACH[/B] vs. JAY CHORD in a LAST MAN STANDING MATCH I'm giving it to Joel, but I don't think this is over--and Jay gets the last word, somehow. THE ODD COUPLE vs. [B]DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c) [/B]for the MWA Tag Team Championship And this is the one I think I have the least confidence about. I could see it going either way...if I wasn't predicting what I was for the main event, I'd put this down as a draw somehow. As it is--champs retain, but it's not clean. ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for the MWA American Championship Only because it's too soon for a title change. [B]PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c) for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship In the Streak vs the Champ...I give the edge to the streak. Barely--though it wouldn't surprise me to see Allen win while King Midas retains. Yeah, that's it.

ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] LAUREN EASTER & JAIME QUINE vs. [B]AGENT 69 & BROOKE TYLER[/B] [B]LIBERTY & THE “MASKED STRANGER”[/B] vs. BROTHERS IN ARMS JOEL KOVACH vs. [B]JAY CHORD[/B] in a LAST MAN STANDING MATCH ODD COUPLE vs. [B]DES DAVIDS & BRANDON SMITH[/B] MWA Tag Team Titles ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] MWA American Title [B]PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN MWA World Heavyweight Title Without the NWO to help him there's no way that Ernest is gonna be able to stop Primus "Goldberg" Allen. Who's next Ernest? You're next! As I'm not gonna go back and count can you tell us what exactly his streak is up to at this point.

[B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY[/B] vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP - Is it my imagination, or is ADB you go to guy for hot matches right now? [B]LAUREN EASTER & JAIME QUINE[/B] vs. AGENT 69 & BROOKE TYLER - The Women's division is very much a WiP right now. Shame Alicia, Junior and Wanda are unavailable... [B]LIBERTY & THE “MASKED STRANGER”[/B] vs. BROTHERS IN ARMS - Red hot reveal time. FOr some reason, this has really caught my attention. JOEL KOVACH vs. [B]JAY CHORD[/B] in a LAST MAN STANDING MATCH - You seem to have purposefully written Kovach and AA as nothing too out of the ordinary since their dramatic debut, and Chord is the future, so JK's doing the job. [B]THE ODD COUPLE[/B] vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c) for the MWA Tag Team Championship - MWA needs a re-run of the Jay/Alicia/Izaak storyline on International TV :p ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] (c) for the MWA American Championship - How can I bet against him? PRIMUS ALLEN vs. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] - If the streak has to end, let it be here and now. Allen/Youngman could be an epic feud, and if anyone can believably end the streak after so long, it's King Midas.

[B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY[/B] vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP LAUREN EASTER & JAIME QUINE vs. [B]AGENT 69 & BROOKE TYLER[/B] [B]LIBERTY & THE “MASKED STRANGER”[/B] vs. BROTHERS IN ARMS - I'm guessing that it's Masked Patriot. [B]JOEL KOVACH[/B] vs. JAY CHORD in a LAST MAN STANDING MATCH ODD COUPLE vs. [B]DES DAVIDS & BRANDON SMITH[/B] MWA Tag Team Titles ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] MWA American Title [B]PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN MWA World Heavyweight Title - Cheap finish.

[CENTER][I]The MWA presents...[/I] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“New Legacy”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Sunday of Week 3, September 2014[/I] Held at Plum Park in the Tri State Territory 15,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!; Buy-rate of 2.51[/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started with Primus Allen in the ring. He stood for a few moments, smiling at the crowd and turning a slow circle to soak it all in. He said it was good to be in the Park with so many great fans in attendance. He said it had been a long journey for him, working his way to the top of the business. He was the proud owner of a 34-0 streak in the MWA. Tonight, he would not only make it 35-0, he would claim the MWA World Heavyweight Championship as well. The fans went nuts. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] A solid opening match. ADB and Joey put on a good fight, with Joey doing all he could to bring ADB down fast but ADB proved too tough. Joey hit any number of moves that should have dropped Bradley, but in the end, it was ADB who picked up the win with a Frog Splash. WINNER: [B]Arthur Dexter Bradley [/B]in 16:02 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) Jay Chord appeared on the big screen. He mocked Joel Kovach for being so eager to face him in a Last Man Standing match. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s the game for the young, old man. You’re probably going to break a hip. Which, by the way, if that happens, you better not sue me. You brought this on yourself, so keep that in mind as the ref counts to ten and you bleed out on the concrete!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) A video played, hyping Ernest Youngman’s championship reign. It was overlaid with quotes from Ernest, emphasizing how he is King Midas and all he touches turns to gold. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 5) Liberty and the masked man appeared on screen. Liberty said it was great to be back in the ring. He said it was all thanks to the man next to him. He said that long-time fans would have recognized the mask. This was the latest man to call himself [B]the Masked Patriot[/B]. He said that the Masked Patriot came to his aid because they both understood something: might doesn’t always make right. Sergeant Bubba Lee West and the Silencer may think that America equals the military, but Liberty called them closet fascists. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I may not be a warmonger, but this is our country too, and we’re ready to fight for our ideals also. You can call us Team Freedom because that’s what we stand for!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) [B]LAUREN EASTER & JAIME QUINE vs. AGENT 69 & BROOKE TYLER[/B] Kind of a downer of a match, but I guess it gave the audience a chance to get some food and use the restroom. Lauren really stood out as the one to beat and Agent 69 and Brooke did their best to not only isolate her but keep her out of the ring entirely. And their strategy worked. Agent 69 finally put Jaime down and got her pinned. WINNERS: [B]Agent 69 & Brooke Tyler [/B]in 9:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) The Odd Couple were quietly discussing their strategy when they looked up to find Joel Kovach standing nearby. Joel greeted them and wished them luck in their match, saying that he was impressed with both of them and knew that they would go far as a team. Alicia wished him luck as well and Izaak asked if he was worried. Joel laughed off what Jay said earlier, pointing out that a last man standing match wasn’t really a young person’s game. It was a tough person’s game. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And they don’t come any tougher than me.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for Joel’s wishing them luck; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for Joel’s hype of the match 8)[B] TEAM FREEDOM vs. BROTHERS IN ARMS[/B] An okay match. Sarge and the Silencer obviously wanted to end Liberty’s career again but found that they couldn’t. The Masked Patriot was all over them, breaking up pinfalls and keeping them on their toes. They did their best to bring him down, but Patriot proved too much for them. During the match, I explained to everyone that the Masked Patriot is one of the oldest identities in professional wrestling, that many men had worn the mask over the past four decades, and that the MWA was proud to be the home of the latest incarnation. That pride especially grew after the Masked Patriot put Sarge down with a Patriot Slam. WINNERS:[B] Team Freedom [/B]in 8:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) Ernest Youngman appeared on screen and laughed off the idea of Primus Allen becoming the World Heavyweight Champion. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So he’s 34-0. So what? I’m the champ and you notice, I’ve never lost when the belt is on the line. It hasn’t happened in the past. It won’t happen tonight. I’m King Midas and this gold isn’t going anywhere!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 10) A video played, hyping the feud between Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith and the Odd Couple. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. JAY CHORD[/B] in [COLOR="Purple"]a Last Man Standing match[/COLOR] An excellent match. Jay clearly didn’t think Joel would be able to hack it and took it easy for the first minute or so, mocking him and playing up his age. Joel quickly knocked the smirk off Jay’s face. They brawled long and hard, using anything they could to gain an edge. Both men wound up with crimson masks. Both came close to being counted out numerous times. Jay seemed to have a leg up for the middle of the match as he dropped Joel with a cradle piledriver. Joel barely managed to stagger back to his feet at eight, but it was clear the damage had been done. Jay dominated the match for several minutes but, much to his frustration, he couldn’t keep Joel down. Jay eventually tossed Joel out of the ring and tried to work him over outside. I pointed out that was perfectly within the rules and that it didn’t matter where the loser fell. Jay knocked Joel around but, when he tried to bash him face-first into the security rail, Joel blocked and reversed it. Jay tried to rally but Joel didn’t let up. Joel tossed him into the ring steps, bashed him with a monitor from the announce table, and finally drove him through it with an Old School Drop. But Jay still managed to stagger to his feet. Joel groaned but waded into the fight again. Jay managed to stun Joel and set him up for a cradle piledriver, but Joel wiggled free, knocking them both to the concrete. And Joel came out on top, tying Jay up with a Kovach Krippler. Jay fought it but Joel held him in it until it became obvious that Jay had passed out. Joel swayed to his feet and rolled into the ring and waited until referee Eugene Williams counted to ten. WINNER: [B]Joel Kovach [/B]in 21:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 12) Joel appeared dead on his feet. Williams raised his hand in victory and that appeared to be the only thing holding Joel up. Any celebration Joel might have felt vanished as someone darted out of the crowd and hit the ring. Archangel paused for a moment to stalk Joel and then attacked, laying into him. Joel put up a token defense, but couldn’t for long. Archangel dropped him with a Fall From Grace and then slapped him into the Wing Clip. Joel tried to break free but then passed out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) Mean Jean Cattley appeared on screen and said that Zimmy Bumfhole was fooling himself if he thought he would win the American Championship tonight. He called him a brash young boy, but as Joel Kovach just proved, experience usually won out. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Get ready to be pinned, Bumfhole.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 14) A video played, hyping Primus Allen’s winning streak. It basically was every finishing move from all 34 matches played in rapid succession until it ended with Primus standing over Jay from earlier in the week, his arms up in triumph. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 15) [B]THE ODD COUPLE vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Another okay match and a good breather after the earlier intensity. Des and Smith clearly didn’t think Alicia was much of a threat and did their best to humiliate her. Alicia blew it off but it clearly rankled Izaak. I pointed out to Ana that Izaak should know better. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So should the tag champs, come to think of it.”[/COLOR] Alicia tried to knock the leering smiles off their faces but they were ready for her. Alicia’s pride clearly got the better of her and she refused to tag Izaak in several times. That frustrated her partner to no end as he tried to bring her in. Finally, he had had enough. He shot into the ring and took Bulldozer Brandon Smith over the top rope and they wound up brawling. They both took up steel chairs and brained each other, causing Eugene Williams to disqualify them both. WINNERS: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 12:46 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 16) [B]ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] A phenomenal match. Zimmy clearly didn’t take anything Jean had said to heart. He kicked off the match before the bell could even ring and didn’t let up for a moment. Jean actually had to hide behind the ref to get a moment to breathe. But that didn’t stop Zimmy either. He simply dragged Jean back into the middle of the ring to continue the beating. That’s not to say Jean didn’t get his licks in. He did. He even managed to score a near fall (but only after Zimmy had scored three). It finally got so bad that Mean Jean bailed and left the ring. Zimmy looked extremely frustrated and wanted to go after him, but the ref wouldn’t allow him. Jean wasn’t anywhere near the ring when the ref finished the count and then raised Zimmy’s hand in victory. WINNER: [B]Zimmy Bumfhole by count-out [/B]in 14:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 17) Archangel was ready to leave the arena when he was confronted by Alicia Strong. While Alicia seemed upset, she took it out on Archangel, saying he was a coward, hiding on the Alpha brand and then sneaking in to do the damage and then running again. Archangel laughed at her and pointed out that once he was out of the building, there was nothing she could do because of the brand split. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Maybe not,” [/COLOR]a voice put in. Nemesis stepped into the frame. He said he was sorry that Alicia lost and pointed out that Archangel seemed a bit lost. As to what they had been discussing, he said he would allow Alicia to appear on the next Blade’s Edge to face Archangel in a match. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“This one time only, though.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 18) A video played, hyping up the clash between Ernest and Primus. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B+[/COLOR] 19) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Red"]MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Great chemistry carried this one past a lack of selling and psychology. The drama didn’t hurt either. Primus and Ernest helped build the tension for a moment or two by circling each other and staring each other down. When they finally clashed, the crowd practically exploded. They exchanged thundering blows that would have dropped mere mortals. Things picked up in speed and intensity until Ernest managed to score the first near fall, one that didn’t even garner a one. And so it went. Both men scored near falls, Ernest busted open Primus at one point, and it became clear this wasn’t going to end soon. Finally, Ernest managed to hit the Good Die Young and confidently made the pin. Referee Eugene Williams counted one ... two ... And Primus kicked out. Ernest seemed a bit surprised but hauled Primus to his feet and hit the Good Die Young again. This time Williams didn’t even make it to two. Before Ernest could try again, though, Primus fought back. He sent Ernest staggering and finally dropped Ernest with a Running Powerslam. Ernest twitched once and then Primus made the pin. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 32:20 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 20) Primus could barely believe it as the ref handed the title belt to him but he broke down crying and then went out into the crowd to celebrate. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Great show but I admittedly stacked the deck. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“New Legacy”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Arthur Dexter Bradley defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Agent 69 & Brooke Tyler defeated Lauren Easter & Jaime Quine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Team Freedom defeated Brothers in Arms [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Joel Kovach defeated Jay Chord in [COLOR="Purple"]a last man standing match [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith (c) drew with the Odd Couple and so retained [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Zimmy Bumfhole defeated Mean Jean Cattley (c) by count-out, so Jean retained [COLOR="red"]the MWA American Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Ernest Youngman (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Guest Bolton
Boo Primus Allen! Boo no Hugh De Aske! Boo Ernest Youngman losing his title! This PPV sucks!! Wish I saved my money for the TCW PPV! Nah, just joking, great PPV Scap. I just want to ask you, how's Chris Gordon, Joey Minnesota, Steve Frehley, Remo and Squeeky McClean doing over the rest of the world?

Chris Gordon does not exist in the game. I did not include him because, to be honest, I never had anything to do with him in the SWF. So I guess he's selling used cars in Tulsa? Joey Minnesota is a part of the MWA on the Alpha brand. He has had a minor role thus far. Steve Frehley is presently employed by TCW and is a main eventer. It would appear he joined them in October of 2011 and has accumulated a record of 84-43-3. As near as I can tell, he hasn't won a single title there. Remo is a midcarder for NOTBPW. He's been there since February of 2011 and has a record of 71-38-4. Like Frehley, Remo has also gone title-less. Squeeky McClean is also a midcarder in NOTBPW. He's been there since this game began (which means that he went north in my previous diary at some point). He, unfortunately, has not done so well. His record is 29-161-4 and again, no titles as near as I can tell.

Archived