MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

JUNIOR vs. [B]ALICIA STRONG[/B] [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION [/B]vs. THE JOEYS (c) for the MWA Tag Team Championship SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. [B]WANDA FISH[/B] [B]JAY CHORD[/B] vs. VENGEANCE (c) for the MWA Regional Championship [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] vs. AGONY’S BIKERS in a handicap match [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c) for the MWA Grand Championship

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER]The MWA presents... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Sunday of Week 3, July 2013[/I] Held at the Mayor Street Arena in the New England Territory 11,717 in attendance; Buy-rate of 1.82[/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) The announcers went ballistic over the fact that a steel cell hung over the ring for the main event. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Will Izaak Tischler’s Grand Championship reign come to an end tonight?”[/COLOR] the Rev wondered. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE JOEYS (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A pretty decent way to start the night. Joey Beauchamp really stood out in the ring as being the one to watch. He actually wound up trapped in the ring by a very intense Joanne Rodriguez and a somewhat apathetic Mainstream Hernandez. The match kept the audience popping until Joey B. managed to get J-Ro down onto the mat. Using a Boston crab, he got her to tap out. WINNERS: [B]The Joeys [/B]in 14:36 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) The Joeys celebrated their win when Agony’s Bikers hit the ring and attacked them from behind. They beat on them and stomped them pretty badly before Lead Belly leaned in close to scream at Joey Beauchamp that they’d see them at “Ascendant.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Junior appeared on screen and delivered a promo, hyping her match against Alicia Strong. She mocked Alicia a little, saying that Alicia used to be the best women’s wrestler in the MWA. But now she seems more like Wanda Fish’s lackey than anything else. Junior said she had better get used to being on the bottom because that’s where she’ll stay after Junior beats her tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) [B]JUNIOR vs. ALICIA STRONG[/B] Great match. I knew these two had good chemistry from when Junior joined the MWA and it was great to see it on display tonight. Alicia was clearly stung by what Junior said earlier and wanted to punish her, but Junior wasn’t about to let her do that. The two of them fought a really good battle (one that outshone the opening tag match, even though they were supposed to take it easy) and Junior finished things off by getting Alicia to tap with a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 12:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 6) Wanda Fish was backstage, watching the previous match. She said it didn’t matter that Alicia lost. Yes, it would have been nice if she beat Junior, but that didn’t matter, because Wanda was going to prove once and for all to Sensational Ogiwara that it was a mistake coming to the United States. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) Joanne Rodriguez and Mainstream Hernandez were backstage in their locker room. J-Ro seemed really pissed that she lost. Mainstream, not so much. J-Ro finally got in his face and accused him of costing them the match. Mainstream didn’t buy that but didn’t put up much of a fight. Finally, J-Ro stopped arguing and said that they could discuss this later, that they were both feeling some pretty powerful emotions due to the loss. She suggested they get some rest and maybe discuss it later. Mainstream shrugged and said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Whatever.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring and spent a moment or two looking up at the steel cell. He said that it was intimidating to think that at the end of the night, he’d be locked in that structure and the only way to get out was to either beat Izaak Tischler or lose to him for the last time. But Davis wasn’t too concerned. He pointed out that Izaak hadn’t beaten him in any of the last three times they’ve been in the ring together. They drew last month, Izaak had to DQ himself three weeks ago, and just this past Thursday, Izaak was on the receiving end of a Sensational Stunner. Davis said the momentum was on his side. Tonight, he was leaving the Grand Champion. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) [B]JAY CHORD vs. VENGEANCE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Oh yeah. I’ve got a good feeling about tonight. These two put in a spectacular match that had the audience screaming for more. Sadly, it left Vengeance visibly tiring, but he and Jay put in a great program. Jay looked every inch a potential champion but he just couldn’t bring Vengeance down. Every pinfall only lasted a scant two-count. Vengeance had similar problems for most of the match but finally took Jay down and out with a Six Feet Under. WINNER: [B]Vengeance[/B] in 17:45 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 10) Ernest Youngman now appeared on screen. He pretended to quake in his boots over the prospect of facing off against both Ronnie V. Pain and Lead Belly in a handicap match. He finally laughed it off, saying that he wasn’t really scared. He said that Nemesis was running scared, because as soon as Ernest pinned one of his boys, he’d be coming for him next. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) A video played, reminding folks of how the feud between Davis Wayne Newton and Izaak Tischler has unfolded. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) Backstage, Sensational Ogiwara was getting ready for her match. Junior found her and spoke some words to her in Japanese, finally bowing and wishing her good hunting. Ogiwara bowed back and headed for the ring with a determined look in her eyes. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. WANDA FISH[/B] That feeling I mentioned earlier? Getting stronger. These two put in a dynamite match. A lot of the guys on the roster should study how it’s done. Once again, the audience was on their feet for most of the match (even though I told Ogiwara and Wanda to take it easy). They just put together that great of a story. It mostly consisted of Wanda working over Ogiwara’s knees. Emma said that was good strategy since Wanda’s finisher, the Blonde Ambition, targeted the legs. Ogiwara was able to fight back in spite of her pain (although she did “miss” a few spots due to her knees) and even managed to hit a Sensational Stunner on Wanda... only to have Wanda kick out. The fight continued until finally, Wanda got Ogiwara down in the middle of the ring and put her in the Blonde Ambition. Ogiwara tried to get to the ropes but couldn’t. She tapped. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 12:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) Nemesis found Agony’s Bikers backstage. They were yukking it up over what happened to the Joeys earlier. Nemesis smiled and asked if they were having a good time. Lead Belly said yeah, they were. Nemesis said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Good. Good.”[/COLOR] Then the smile was gone. The bikers’ smiles quickly vanished as well. Nemesis lit into them, saying that they were distracted. He said their title shot wasn’t for a month yet. Tonight, they had to focus on destroying Ernest Youngman and what do they do? They risk getting injured by getting into a brawl with the tag champs. Ronnie tried to point out that the Joeys hadn’t fought back, but Nemesis wasn’t hearing it. He said that they should be proud they have the tag title shot next month but that can easily be taken away. He suggested they remain focused and do the job tonight and worry about the extraneous stuff later. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 15) A video played, reminding the audience of how Nemesis was having trouble with Ernest Youngman lately. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 16) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. AGONY’S BIKERS [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a handicap match[/COLOR] Huh. I expected this to do better than it did. Oh well. Good chance for the audience to use the bathroom before the main event. Ernest looked extremely dangerous out there. Even though he was facing two men, he shone through the whole match. Ronnie V. Pain, however, was exhausted by the end of the match even though he had a partner. Kristen Pearce tried to make up for that by screaming at her boys to get the job done (and that helped, believe it or not). The bikers eventually had to resort to double-teaming and underhanded tactics while Kristen distracted the ref. Shane Stones almost threw Kristen Pearce out more than once but she was able to stay at ringside anyway. It didn’t do her team much good. In the end, the bikers tried to set up a double-team move the Rev identified as the “Drive Shaft.” But Ernest powered out and tossed Ronnie over the top rope. He took out Kristen on the way out. Ernest then finished off Lead Belly with a Swinging Neckbreaker. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Do you know what that means? That means that Ernest will get Nemesis in the ring!” [/COLOR]the Rev crowed as Shane made the count. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 15:58 RATING: B- 17) Ernest celebrated his win, but then Nemesis came out to the ring with a mic. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Congratulates, Ernest. Or maybe I should say, ‘My condolences.’ By winning this match, you will face me in the ring at ‘Ascendant.’ “But that’s only if you make it there. Get him!”[/COLOR] Nemesis stepped out of the way and a herd of heels charged out of the back and chased Ernest out of the ring. Ernest had to vault the security railing and disappeared through the crowd. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 18) Izaak Tischler now appeared on screen. He said that he hasn’t been too happy with the way things have gone the last month. Drawing with Davis, losing to him while keeping the title, being tricked into a steel cell match, and then getting hit with a Sensational Stunner? Not a good way to spend a month. But none of that mattered because the title wasn’t going anywhere. Izaak suggested that Davis enjoy his taste of fame, because that’s all he was going to get. After tonight, Davis Wayne Newton would be nothing but a footnote in Izaak Tischler’s reign as MWA Grand Champion. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 19) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] in [COLOR="Purple"]a steel cell [/COLOR]match for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] We may have hit a small speed bump with the handicap match, but we opened her up all the way with this one. Phenomenal match. I expect people will tell their children about this one. Both men looked like champs in the steel cell. They tore into each other, tossed each other into the cell walls, and both men were busted up by the end of the match. No issues with tiredness here, these two put together a match that popped the crowd in a major way. In the end, they traded blows and Izaak tried to twist Davis around for the Crucifix Slam. But Davis kept twisting. He wrapped his arms around Izaak’s waist and heaved him up and over in a German Suplex. Then he got them both to his feet and hit another. And finally, he hit a Fisherman’s Suplex that Izaak simply could not kick out of. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 44:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 20) Davis celebrated his title victory by going from post to post. The last shot we saw as the show ended was Davis on his knees in the middle of the ring, weeping with joy. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Great show all around. There’s absolutely nothing for me to complain about. Well, maybe about the low rating for Ernest’s match. But I suppose the ending was a little too predictable. Might have to work on that. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR][/U] [I]The Joeys (c) defeated the Latin Connection to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Vengeance (c) defeated Jay Chord to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Sensatioanl Ogiwara [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Agony’s Bikers in [COLOR="Purple"]a handicap match [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Izaak Tischler (c) in [COLOR="purple"]a steel cell match [/COLOR]to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, July 2013[/I] Held at the Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with Davis Wayne Newton coming out to the ring, the Grand Championship belt draped over his shoulder and a big smile plastered on his face. He thanked his fans for supporting him and said that he would never have won without their support. He then introduced a clip from Sunday’s show, one that hit the highlights of the match. He then said that tonight was going to be a big celebration for everyone. Confetti fell from the rafters and Davis went from post to post, holding up the belt and posing for pictures... But his celebration was cut short when Jay Chord came out to the ring. Jay apologized for interrupting. He congratulated Davis on his win, reminding everyone that he’s been in Davis’s shoes twice before. He said that the video package was impressive and showed why Davis deserved to win. Jay admitted that he lost his match against Vengeance and that bothered him. But then Jay pointed out that Nemesis had added a no rematch clause to Davis and Izaak’s match. That meant that Davis’s dance card was open for “Resurgence.” And Jay figured since he didn’t have anything better to do, he’d just come out and challenge Davis for the title. Davis smiled and said it would be an honor to face Jay in the ring. But why wait a month? Why not do it tonight in the Gorski Ballroom. The crowd erupted. Jay thought it over and nodded, saying that that sounded like a great idea. The crowd popped again. But then they crashed as Nemesis appeared on the big screen. He reminded Davis and Jay that he was still the boss and he decided what would happen in the MWA. Davis vs. Jay for the MWA Grand Championship? It sounded good and would happen ... but at Resurgence, not here. No, tonight, the main event would be Davis Wayne Newton defending his newly won title against Vengeance! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the celebration and the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the match announcement 2) Backstage, Nemesis turned from a camera only to find himself face to face with Izaak Tischler. Izaak demanded to know what Nemesis was doing, giving his match away to Vengeance. Nemesis pointed out that he had no match, that the rematch clause was still in place. Izaak wasn’t happy about that and demanded that Nemesis give him a rematch anyway. Nemesis said he couldn’t, but he’d make a match for Izaak to face Remmy Skye. When Izaak still insisted on getting his rematch, Izaak said that match against Remmy would happen right now and ordered Izaak out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Bad chemistry strikes again! I’m going to need to start a spreadsheet or something to keep track of this. My list of bad chemistry is getting kinda long. At any rate, Izaak was not happy to be out there and the fact that Remmy was his usual implacable self didn’t seem to help matters any. Remmy simply dealt with Izaak’s offense and skillfully turned most of Izaak’s attacks against him. In the end, the former champ wound up getting taken down by a Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 10:53 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Agony’s Bikers found Nemesis backstage and asked if they could sign their title shot contracts now. Nemesis asked them what they were talking about. The bikers were a bit surprised but reminded Nemesis that he promised them a title shot against the Joeys at Resurgence. Nemesis agreed but he also had told them they had to defeat Ernest Youngman ... and they didn’t. Nemesis said that negates any agreements they may have had about title shots. The bikers definitely weren’t happy about that. Nemesis said that he was a fair minded man. If they could show they deserved it, he would give them the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) Wanda Fish came out to the ring and pointed out that she destroyed Sensational Ogiwara this past Sunday. She proclaimed herself the best women’s wrestler in the world and said that she stood in class all by herself. She was interrupted by Junior, who pointed out that Wanda had never faced her, so she couldn’t claim to be the best in the MWA, let alone the world. Wanda said it was a mere oversight. Junior suggested they fix that by having at match at “Resurgence.” Wanda agreed to that and said she would add one more name to her victim’s list. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the self-hype; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the challenge 6) [B]STEVE GUMBLE (c) vs. FUMIHIO OTA [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] A decent match. In the end, Gumble pinned Ota. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 10:16 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Steve celebrated his win but Ota jumped him from behind and started to beat him down. Much to everyone’s surprise, Sensational Ogiwara charged out of the back and rescued Steve. Steve seemed confused as to what was going on as Ogiwara helped him up. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] Good chemistry for once! These two really did a great job of taking the fight to each other. Mainstream tried to use his quickness to his advantage but Des was able to counter that with some well-timed power moves. In the end, Des almost speared Mainstream out of his boots and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 8:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) Ernest Youngman came out to the ring and mocked Nemesis a bit. He pointed out that he had beaten the bikers, which meant that at “Resurgence,” one of the matches would be Nemesis vs. Ernest Youngman! Ernest said that he was looking forward to that match and had dreamed of wrestling Nemesis for a long time. It might have been a touching tribute, but Ernest managed to twist his words to imply that Nemesis was really, really old. He then said that a match this monumental needed some extra rewards than just a win. Ernest said he wasn’t sure what those rewards should be but he’d give it some thought... He was finally interrupted by Nemesis, who came out flanked by security guards. He said he had heard enough. He congratulated Ernest on his win but said that he had just put himself in a world of hurt. He said that come “Resurgence,” he would destroy him. To give him time to prepare himself for his crushing loss, Nemesis said he would give Ernest the rest of the month off. He was suspended until “Resurgence.” He then ordered security to remove Ernest from the building. The guards walked down to the ring and ordered Ernest out. Ernest looked about ready to fight them but then shrugged and allowed them to walk him out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for Ernest’s taunting and “suspension” 10) Backstage, Agony’s Bikers didn’t look too happy about their upcoming match, but Kristen Pearce spun it as an opportunity to prove to Nemesis they had what it took to be tag team champs. She got them worked up into a near frenzy and then set them loose. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 11) [B]THE CALAMARI KID & STEVEN PARKER vs. AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] The Bikers simply decimated the Kid and Parker. The other team tried to fight back but simply couldn’t rally. The Bikers finished off Parker with the Drive Shaft. WINNERS: [B]Agony’s Bikers [/B]in 8:34 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) A video played, hyping the new Grand Champion, Davis Wayne Newton. He looked simply godlike in the footage and really got the crowd popping. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 13) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON (c) vs. VENGEANCE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. Not as good as I had hoped for, but still pretty good to close out the show. Emma Chase did her part by hyping the fact that Vengeance had a real chance to unite the Grand and Regional titles together. She said that if anyone could do it, it would be Vengeance. The Rev countered that Davis had been working for the day he could hold the Grand Championship for a long time. He wasn’t about to let the belt go after holding it less than a week. Toward the end of the match, referee Jez McArthuer wound up getting knocked out while Davis and Vengeance brawled. Vengeance saw that and took advantage, rolling out of the ring to get a chair. After hitting Davis over the head, Vengeance set him up for a Justice Crusher onto the chair. That’s when Jay Chord hit the ring and rescued Davis, shoving the champ free and then hitting Vengeance with an Implant DDT onto the chair. He then rolled out of the ring as Jez started to come to. Jez seemed a little surprised that both men were out but he started to count them both out. At six, Davis stirred. At seven, so did Vengeance. Both men were up before Jez could reach the ten count but from there on out, Davis was in control. He finished off Vengeance with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 12:08 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad. We got a rating of 6.80. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Remmy Skye defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Steve Gumble (c) defeated Fumihiro Ota to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids defeated Mainstream Hernandez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Agony’s Bikers defeated the Calamari Kid & Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Vengeance to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, August 2013 –[/I][/B] I looked up from my paperwork as Ogiwara came into my office, followed by Junior. I smiled. When I brought Ogiwara on the roster, all I had known was that she was a legendary Japanese wrestler (who I admittedly brought on for Wanda to crush in their program). Since she joined our roster, I had come to really respect her, as did the others in the locker room. Although she didn’t speak much English, just her presence was often enough to defuse any tension. I motioned for her to take a seat and she did with a smile. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What’s on your mind?” [/COLOR]I asked. She hesitated for a moment before she said something, which Junior dutifully translated. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Ogiwara plans to retire at the end of the month, Scap.”[/COLOR] I sat back in my chair, stunned. Was it because she lost her program with Wanda? I asked and Junior translated back and forth. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“No, it’s not that. She thought she could handle the work when she came here. Now she’s looking forward to rest. She hopes you’ll understand.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Of course,”[/COLOR] I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Please thank her for all of her hard work. I wish we could have brought her on board five years ago.”[/COLOR] Ogiwara laughed. Junior explained, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“The MWA wasn’t around five years ago.”[/COLOR] I blushed. Ogiwara rose and bowed before leaving. The Rev came into the office shortly after that. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“How about that, huh?”[/COLOR] I shook my head. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I wish we would have had a little more warning. I wouldn’t have had her lose her match at ‘Taste of Fame.’”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, come on,” [/COLOR]the Rev said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You know how it works. When you’re leaving the business, you’re crushed and buried.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It shouldn’t be like that,”[/COLOR] I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Not when someone’s contributed as much to the business as Ogiwara. She deserves to go out on top, especially because of what she’s done for the company...” [/COLOR]I thought it over and then smiled. I reached for the phone. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I think I have an idea.”[/COLOR] [B][I]Tuesday of Week 1, August 2013 –[/I][/B] My brilliant idea didn’t pan out. Crusher Ichihara announced her retirement as well and wouldn’t return my calls. So much for my idea of pitting these two legendary rivals together one last time in our ring. Thankfully, though, I came up with an idea that should work. [B][I]Wednesday of Week 1, August 2013 –[/I][/B] Over at AAA’s “Girls Night Out,” the main event was Alicia Strong vs. Agent 69 for the AAA Femme Fatale Title. Alicia walked out of the ring with the title. A lot of our wrestlers have gold in other promotions. Aside from Alicia – [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/B] is the current MAW World Champion [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]is one half of the MAW Tag Team Champions [B]Greg Gauge [/B]is the USPW National Champion [B]Jay Chord[/B] is both the DaVE Heavyweight Champion and the SWF North American Champion [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B] holds the CZCW Triple Crown [B]Joey Poison [/B]holds the 4C Championship [B]Matthew Gauge[/B] holds the DaVE National Championship and is one half of the DaVE Tag Team Champions

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, August 2013[/I] Held at the Huntsville Fairgrounds in the Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed everyone to the show. 1) Backstage, Jay Chord was arriving when he was stopped by Davis Wayne Newton. Davis demanded to know what he was thinking, interfering in his match. Jay shot back angrily that if he hadn’t helped out, Davis’s precious Grand Championship would be in the hands of Vengeance right now. Jay did what he had to to protect the main event at “Resurgence.” They exchanged heated words and Jay finally told Davis that he should watch the main event tonight and see how it’s done. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) [B]THE CALAMARI KID vs. WANDA FISH[/B] Really great way to start the show. Wanda and the Kid really kicked things up a few notches and set the bar very, very high for the rest of the show with this one. They battled it out in and around the ring before finally, Wanda managed to daze the Kid. While the Kid swayed on his feet, Wanda turned to the camera and shouted, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Junior, pay attention!” [/COLOR]She then nearly took the Kid’s head off with a Dish of the Day. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 10:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Backstage Junior was watching with a grim expression on her face. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 4) [B]JOSH JONES vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] The Rev hyped up Josh Jones as a promising recruit. Emma denigrated him for a short time ... but that was before Josh really showed everyone what he was capable of doing. He knocked Thomas around the ring before finishing him off with a move the Rev said was called the Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 7:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Nemesis was backstage and, very strangely, was dressed in wrestling gear. He checked himself out in the mirror when there was a knock at his office door. He told whoever it was to come in. It was the Latin Connection. J-Ro did most of the talking while Mainstream seemed to sulk in a corner. J-Ro said she knew that Nemesis hadn’t booked a tag title defense for “Resurgence” yet. She said that the Latin Connection wanted to throw their hats into the ring, so to speak. Nemesis said he’d think about it. Joanne and Mainstream were about to leave when Nemesis stopped them and asked if they had anything else to say to him. They seemed confused. Nemesis rolled his eyes and said they should have wished him luck on his match tonight. Now they looked really confused as Nemesis left the room. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) An announcer asked the question: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What reward should Ernest Youngman ask for in his match against Nemesis?”[/COLOR] Davis Wayne Newton appeared on screen and said that there was only one thing that Ernest should ask for: a title shot for the MWA Grand Championship. Then Davis changed his mind and said that Ernest should ask for something he might actually be able to accomplish. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. FUMIHIRO OTA & HUGH de ASKE[/B] Hugh and Mainstream really stood out in this match while Ota was clearly off his game. Once again, J-Ro took charge of her team’s efforts, trying to keep Mainstream focused and excited. In the end, though, she was the one who had to put Ota down with a J-Rocker. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 9:54 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] C[/COLOR] 8) [B]NEMESIS vs. ISLAND BOY APOLLO[/B] Emma Chase explained the situation: Nemesis was worried about how he’d do in a match against Ernest, so he had set up some matches against [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“worthy, top-tier opponents.”[/COLOR] That led the Rev to ask who Island Boy Apollo was since he had never heard of him. Emma explained that he was big in Puerto Rico. In actuality, the announcers’ exchange almost lasted longer than the match. Apollo tried to shake hands before the match started but Nemesis nearly took his head off with a vicious knife edge chop. Nemesis then stomped him around the ring before hitting a Nemesis Arrow that almost broke Apollo in half. WINNER: [B]Nemesis[/B] in 0:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Mainstream has changed into his street clothes ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“He must be some sort of quick change artist,”[/COLOR] the Rev commented) and is looking ready to leave when he was stopped by J-Ro. Joanne seemed rather nervous. She babbled for a bit, saying that she was sure that their win tonight would give them the title shot. Mainstream tried to leave, so Joanne blurted out, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Mainstream ... I was hoping you and I could ... go out and get ... a drink or something?”[/COLOR] Mainstream looked at her in surprise and said that he was busy. He left the locker room, leaving Joanne crushed. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 10) Steve Gumble came out to the ring with a mic. He said that he had spent the past week talking to Sensational Ogiwara and he found out why she rescued him last week. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It turns out that Ogiwara is planning on retiring at the end of the month. She felt rather embarrassed and somewhat humiliated that her last match might be remembered as losing to Wanda Fish. She wanted to try to capture some title gold before she left and she thought, by helping me out, I would honor her request for a title shot at ‘Resurgence.’ “Well, I think that’s silly. Sensational Ogiwara, the MWA Rising Star? No offense to Ms. Ogiwara, but she’s not a ‘rising star.’ She already is a star, a living legend. So I took it upon myself to do some wheeling-dealing on her behalf. I’ve got something in motion for her that should let her go out on top. “But first, she has to beat Des Davids. If she does that, then the rest of the dominoes will fall in place. So ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Sensational Ogiwara!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] It was a great match. Ogiwara didn’t seem too sure of herself at first and Des was able to capitalize on that. But as the match wore on, Ogiwara hit her stride and soon, Des was the one reeling from her attacks. It all ended with Ogiwara hitting the Sensational Stunner. WINNER: [B]Sensational Ogiwara [/B]in 11:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) Jay Chord came out to the ring and hyped up his upcoming match by saying that it was time to take a trip down memory lane for the MWA’s hardcore, long-term fans. That’s because tonight, he was facing none other than Alicia Strong! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) [B]JAY CHORD vs. ALICIA STRONG[/B] I know I can’t overuse this match, but I mean, come on! These two always light up the ring when they’re together. It was a hard-fought battle for both sides. Alicia managed to get Jay into the Strong Arm Tactic at one point, but he was able to flip and then break it. Jay tried going for a Cradle Piledriver only to have Alicia reverse it and slam him to the mat instead. In the end, though, it was Jay Chord finishing of a breath-taking match with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 13:29 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 14) As Jay celebrated his victory, Wanda Fish hit the ring to help her friend. She laid Jay out with a quick Dish of the Day and looked ready to beat on him some more. But then Davis Wayne Newton hit the ring with a chair in hand. He wound up to hit Wanda, only to have her duck. Davis wound up taking out Jay, who had just gotten to his feet, instead. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I had thought the final match would count for more, but I guess not. Still a good show. We got a rating of 7.30. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Wanda Fish defeated the Calamari Kid [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]The Latin Connection defeated Fumihiro Ota & Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Nemesis defeated Island Boy Apollo [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Sensational Ogiwara defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, August 2013[/I] Held at Centerpiece Bridge in the Mid Atlantic Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) But then, much to their surprise, Wanda Fish came out to the announce table, taking up an extra headset. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) [B]JUNIOR vs. RONNIE V. PAIN[/B] Junior glared at Wanda once she was in the ring and would occasionally check on her from time to time, but for the duration of the match, she knew who she had to fight. And she and Ronnie did put up a good battle. Ronnie seemed a little startled to be facing Junior and even mocked her a bit, turning to Kristen Pearce at ringside and laughing. Junior quickly wiped the smile from his face. Wanda did her part, deriding Junior’s effort as dumb luck. But she finally stopped talking as Junior took full control of the match and brought a tiring Ronnie down to the mat with a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 10:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) The whole time she had Ronnie in the choke, Junior locked eyes with Wanda, who simply glowered back. But the tension was palpable. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Jay Chord appeared on screen. He sported a bandage on his forehead and didn’t look happy. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Oh, I see how it is, Davis. You wail and whine about how I’m supposed to keep my nose out of your business, but you can interfere with mine whenever you feel like it? And I know, you’re going to claim that hitting me with the chair was just an accident, but do you know what I think? I think you’re scared. “That’s right. You’re afraid of me. Oh, sure, you talk a good game about being the ‘Triple Threat.’ You can brawl, you can fly, you have the technical expertise. And I’m not saying you don’t. But I have something you can never have: tradition. A family name and legacy that’s propelling me to the top. You may have had your time in the sun, Davis. But come ‘Resurgence,’ the Chord family will take our place in the heights once again.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Nemesis was once again getting ready for a match when there was a knock at the door. He snapped for whoever it was to enter and in came the Joeys. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You wanted to see us, boss?” [/COLOR]Joey Poison asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I did. Boys, you’ve got a choice to make. Both Agony’s Bikers and the Latin Connection want a shot at your title. Now, as far as I’m concerned, either way, it’s gonna be a great match that’ll put butts in the seats. But I’m going to leave the decision up to you. Who’s it going to be?”[/COLOR] The Joeys looked sick and put their heads together to start whispering. Nemesis growled at them. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You don’t have to decide right now. Get outta here! I got a match later tonight that I gotta get ready for.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) A young woman came out to the ring and introduced herself as Jenny Playmate. She said she had been brought in by Josh Jones to be his valet. She then introduced her client, who was scheduled to have a match next. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] E+[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOSH JONES vs. BULLDOZER BRANDOM SMITH[/B] I have to say, coming across Josh Jones while I was looking for opponents for Nemesis was a blessing. Almost threw him to the wolves but then thought better of it. The guy has potential, especially since he took Bulldozer through a great match and capped it off with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 8:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) Once again, an announcer’s voice asked the question: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What reward should Ernest Youngman ask for in his match against Nemesis?”[/COLOR] This time, the answerer was Hugh de Aske. His reply: [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Booty! Lots of booty! Arrrrr, a man like Nemesis, he has to have booty aplenty! Demand yer fair share of it, Ernest me boy, and ye’ll never want again!”[/COLOR] A soft-spoken voice asked Hugh what Ernest should ask for if Nemesis didn’t have any “booty.” The question threw him off and he stumbled a bit before answering, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Arrrrr ... then I’d ask to be captain of the Firestorm for a month ... mayhap. Truth be told, if Nemesis have no booty, it hardly seems worth it.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) [B]THE JOEYS (c) vs. DES DAVIDS & THOMAS MORGAN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A pretty good match. Joey Beauchamp really shone in the ring but it was Joey Poison who won the match for his team, using the ropes to keep Thomas Morgan down after he rolled him up. WINNER: [B]The Joeys [/B]in 10:16 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) As the Joeys celebrated their win, out came Agony’s Bikers, armed for a fight. They took it to the Joeys and started to beat them up. Then the Latin Connection came out, J-Ro leading the charge while Mainstream plodded along behind her. They tried to rescue the Joeys ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Probably just trying to curry favor,”[/COLOR] Emma snidely observed) but in the process, Mainstream wound up hitting Joey Poison. Joey Beauchamp took exception to that and soon, the whole thing devolved into a gigantic brawl. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring and addressed Jay Chord, telling Jay to stop whining. He pointed out the difference between what he did and what Jay did. Jay interfered in a match; he was trying to watch Jay’s back and keep him healthy for “Resurgence.” He said he would be honored to face him for the title, win or lose (although you could tell he definitely did not want to lose) and that he’d even be honored to fight alongside Jay. Nemesis came out and said he’d like to put that last statement to the test, so he was booking Jay and Davis in a tag match next week against Agony’s Bikers. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for Davis’s promo; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for Nemesis’s announcement 12) [B]SUPER SONIC vs. NEMESIS[/B] Well, it’s a squash match. What should I expect? Nemesis dared Super Sonic to take a shot at him and Sonic did, only to get battered down hard and nearly stomped to death before Nemesis propped him up for a Nemesis Arrow. WINNER: [B]Nemesis[/B] in 1:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 13) Steve Gumble was backstage with Sensational Ogiwara. He told her that she had one more match to go to prove herself and then he could reveal his surprise, what he’d been working on. He said if she wins tonight, everything will fall into place. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 14) [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. LEAD BELLY[/B] And bad chemistry caps off the night. Lead did his best, but Ogiwara simply had his number the whole time. She finally finished off the awkward match with a Sensational Stunner. WINNER: [B]Sensational Ogiwara [/B]in 11:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 15) Steve got a mic and got into the ring to tell Ogiwara what he had been planning, but Nemesis stole his thunder. It turns out, Steve worked out a deal with Nemesis: if she won her last two matches, she would have a title shot against Vengeance for the MWA Regional Championship. Since she won, she now has it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We slipped a little with this one. We got a rating of 6.71. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Junior defeated Ronnie V. Pain [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]The Joeys (c) defeated Des Davids & Thomas Morgan to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Nemesis defeated Super Sonic [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Sensational Ogiwara defeated Lead Belly [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, August 2013[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Resurgence”[/COLOR]) Held at the Lowe Ballroom in the North West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed everyone to the show. 1) Things started backstage in Nemesis’s office. He gave a grim smile to the camera. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“With ‘Resurgence’ coming up this Sunday, there’s some business we have to take care of. “First of all, the Joeys have yet to answer my question from a week ago. Therefore I’m taking the decision out of their hands. This Sunday, they are going to be in a triple-threat tag match for the MWA Titles against both Agony’s Bikers and the Latin Connection. “Second of all, we’ve seen the formation of another tag team since last week. Fumihiro Ota and Hugh de Aske are going by the name ‘Hired Guns.’ I’m booking them in a match against the Calamari Kid and Steven Parker. The winner of this match will go on to face the winner of the tag team three-way at ‘New Legacy’ in a month. “And finally, Vengeance isn’t exactly happy with me for booking him in a match against Sensational Ogiwara and he wants to get his hands on whoever’s responsible. So I’ve made that possible. He will be facing Steve Gumble tonight!”[/COLOR] Nemesis turns away from the camera and takes a swig of water while a backstage worker congratulated him on an excellent segment. Nemesis waved off the compliment and asked who they had gotten for him to squash ... er, fight tonight. The worker introduced Nemesis to Extranjero Loco, saying he was a luchador. In came Extranjero Loco, wearing a weird, oversize alien mask. Nemesis stared at the man for a moment before stepping in close and asking the other wrestler if he was ready. The other wrestler gave a thumbs up sign and said something in Spanish, something that was muffled. Nemesis turned to the worker and asked what he said. The worker grimaced and said Extranjero Loco was looking forward to wrestling with Tommy Cornell tonight. Nemesis’s smile froze in place. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s just great. Now I’m really looking forward to this.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] for making the tag three-way; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the tag match; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the third match; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the comedy spot 2) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Great opening match from these two. The Rev really hyped this hard, saying that this was just one-third of the action we could expect this Sunday. Mainstream took a few moments to get out of first gear but after a nearfall, he stepped up his game and soon, he and Joey were putting on a great, high-flying battle, one that ended much too quickly when Joey got Mainstream into a Boston crab and used the ropes to keep him down. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 9:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Steve Gumble came out to the ring and said that he wasn’t worried about facing Vengeance. Well, maybe a little. But he said that what he was really looking forward to was seeing Sensational Ogiwara take on Vengeance this Sunday ... unless, of course, Steve managed to beat Vengeance tonight. But Steve said that was no problem. He’d then face Ogiwara. He finally laughed at himself and said that no matter what, Ogiwara was going after the Regional Championship this Sunday one way or the other. His confused hype was interrupted by Jenny Playmate, who came out with Josh Jones. Jenny did all the talking, saying that if Steve lost tonight, he’d still need a match on Sunday for the Rising Star Title. She suggested her client. Steve said that would be fine, that he’d been watching Josh and had a good feeling about him. He said it’d be an honor to face him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the hype; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the response 4) Nemesis came out to the ring next and said that the time had come to see what Ernest Youngman had decided to ask for in their match at “Resurgence.” He introduced Ernest, who appeared on the big screen via satellite. Ernest thanked the people who gave him advice. He said that they hadn’t been able to air all of the ideas but there were some very good suggestions: title shots, bringing back Scapino Otte as the boss, horse whipping Nemesis. But Ernest said the one he liked the most was Hugh’s from last week. Nemesis seemed a little startled and asked if Ernest wanted his booty. Ernest said he was flattered but he didn’t swing that way. No, he said that the reward he wanted if he beat Nemesis was to become boss for a month. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“If I win, I get your job for four weeks,” [/COLOR]Ernest said. Nemesis thought it over and said that’s fine. But now it was time to reveal what he wanted. He said he wanted Ernest. Ernest shifted in his seat and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“First the booty comment, now this? People are going to talk, Nem.”[/COLOR] Nemesis roared in frustration. He then clarified: he wanted Ernest broken and subservient. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“If I beat you at ‘Resurgence,’ Ernest, then you’re mine. You will do whatever I say whenever I say it. Understood?”[/COLOR] Ernest quickly agreed. Nemesis suggested that he keep watching so he’d see just a taste of what he was going to experience. Ernest said he wasn’t about to waste his time with that and left. Nemesis then took a few moments to jaw at the crowd, predicting his ultimate victory over Ernest. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 5) [B]EXTRANJERO LOCO vs. NEMESIS[/B] Out to the ring came the luchador. Nemesis laughed at him as he got into the ring and immediately smacked him hard. Nemesis leapt on Extranjero Loco and beat him down before tossing him into a corner. Nemesis then tried to deliver the Nemesis Arrow to Extranjero Loco, only to have the luchador dodge out of the way. Nemesis turned, only to get caught by a flurry of punches. Finally Extranjero Loco kicked Nemesis in the gut and, much to everyone’s surprise, dropped him with a swinging neckbreaker. WINNER: [B]Extranjero Loco [/B]in 2:45 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 6) Extranjero Loco stood over a groaning Nemesis and pulled off his mask to reveal that it was Ernest Youngman all along. He shouted thanks to the Rev for helping set up the fake satellite feed and then hightailed it out of the ring before security could catch him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. VENGEANCE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] The fact that Vengeance was simply out to hurt Steve helped cover for the fact that these two have bad chemistry in the ring. Steve tried to take the fight to Vengeance, but Vengeance simply overpowered him and battered him around the ring. In the end, Vengeance took him down with a Justice Crusher. WINNER: [B]Vengeance[/B] in 9:11 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) Vengeance wasn’t done with Steve. He got a chair and threaded Steve’s arm through the seat. He then backed up and looked ready to stomp the seat, a move which the Rev reminded the audience could snap Steve’s arm. That’s when Sensational Ogiwara came out to the ring and drove Vengeance away before kneeling down to see if Steve was okay. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) [B]FIRE & ICE vs. WANDA FISH & ALICIA STRONG[/B] Really good match here. The fans seemed a little confused with Alicia. I suppose that’s the danger of having the AAA Femme Fatale (a face) being a heel on our show. As they fought, Wanda seemed hesitant to get in the ring with Junior. She mostly shied away, getting Alicia to tag in whenever Junior was the legal man ... er, woman. Whatever. At any rate, the battle raged until finally, Wanda and Alicia (the legal woman) tried to double-team Remmy. Junior charged in and took Wanda up and over the ropes where they brawled at ringside. In the meantime, Remmy took Alicia down with a Skye Driver. Wanda realized what was happening and tried to get back into the ring to break it up but she was too late. WINNERS: [B]Fire & Ice [/B]in 9:34 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) Junior laughed at Wanda as she and Alicia retreated up the ramp. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) Backstage Davis Wayne Newton and Jay Chord came face to face. Davis asked Jay if he thought he could handle himself tonight. Jay said it’d be no problem and suggested that Davis just worry about holding up his end of the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON & JAY CHORD vs. AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] Sigh. Davis and Jay were all over the place in terms of timing and chemistry and it really dragged on the match. On the other hand, it helped tell the story of two men who weren’t comfortable being in the ring together. There were times when they hot tagged in when the other wasn’t ready to tag out. The Rev said that it was clear that Davis and Jay really wanted to be fighting each other rather than fighting together. It was that distraction that cost them the match. They finally got into an argument in their corner, which Lead Belly capitalized on. He drop-kicked Jay into Davis, knocking the Grand Champion off his perch. Lead then caught Jay and put him in the RPM Bomb. WINNER: [B]Agony’s Bikers [/B]in 12:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) Davis got into the ring and the argument continued. Before long, Jay threw a punch and Davis countered and soon, the two “partners” were brawling in the ring and around it. The show went to black as the audience screamed for them to get the match started now. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] But as the show went off the air, the Rev and Emma Chase ran down the card for “Resurgence” -- [B]JUNIOR vs. WANDA FISH[/B] ([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]THE CALAMARI KID & STEVEN PARKER vs. THE HIRED GUNS [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) [B]STEVE GUMBLE (c) vs. JOSH JONES for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR]) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE JOEYS (c) vs. AGONY’S BIKERS for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. VENGEANCE (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. NEMESIS [/B]([COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR]) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON (c) vs. JAY CHORD for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Yikes. Not the results I was hoping for. We got a rating of 7.71. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Mainstream Hernandez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]“Extranjero Loco” (aka Ernest Youngman) defeated Nemesis [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Vengeance (c) defeated Steve Gumble to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Fire & Ice defeated Wanda Fish & Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Agony’s Bikers defeated Davis Wayne Newton & Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, comments, predictions, or whatever else is welcome.

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Friday of Week 3, August 2013 -[/I][/B] Just two interesting things that came up in the news. First of all, Archangel has left CGC. He let his contract run out. I’ve tried to bring him on board the MWA several times in the past couple of months but the only way we were able to get him was through talent trades. Second, Wanda Fish has now become the head booker for AAA.

JUNIOR vs. [B]WANDA FISH[/B] THE CALAMARI KID & STEVEN PARKER vs. [B]THE HIRED GUNS[/B] STEVE GUMBLE (c) vs. [B]JOSH JONES[/B] for the MWA Rising Star Title THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. [B]THE JOEYS (c) [/B]vs. AGONY’S BIKERS for the MWA Tag Team Championship [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA[/B] vs. VENGEANCE (c) for the MWA Regional Championship [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] vs. NEMESIS [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON (c) [/B]vs. JAY CHORD for the MWA Grand Championship

JUNIOR vs. [B]WANDA FISH[/B] THE CALAMARI KID & STEVEN PARKER vs. [B]THE HIRED GUNS[/B] STEVE GUMBLE (c) vs. [B]JOSH JONES [/B]for the MWA Rising Star Title THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. [B]THE JOEYS [/B](c) vs. AGONY’S BIKERS for the MWA Tag Team Championship [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA [/B]vs. VENGEANCE (c) for the MWA Regional Championship [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN [/B]vs. NEMESIS [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON [/B](c) vs. JAY CHORD for the MWA Grand Championship Have to agree with Chris 100% there!

JUNIOR vs. [B]WANDA FISH[/B] THE CALAMARI KID & STEVEN PARKER vs. [B]THE HIRED GUNS[/B] STEVE GUMBLE (c) vs. [B]JOSH JONES [/B]for the MWA Rising Star Title THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE JOEYS (c) vs. [B]AGONY’S BIKERS [/B]for the MWA Tag Team Championship [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA[/B] vs. VENGEANCE (c) for the MWA Regional Championship [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] vs. NEMESIS [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] (c) vs. JAY CHORD for the MWA Grand Championship

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to order [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]"Resurgence"[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] this Sunday, exclusively on Pay-Per-View![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [B][I]Wanda Fish takes on Junior [/I][/B]- Junior has claimed that Wanda Fish was the greatest women's wrestler but isn't anymore. Wanda disagrees with that assessment. Who will come out on top in this match, the first time that either has been in the ring with the other? [B][I]The Calamari Kid and Steven Parker take on the Hired Guns[/I][/B] - Nemesis has promised that the winner of this match will become the #1 Contenders for the MWA Tag Team Championship. So who will emerge victorious? Will it be the explosive combination of the Kid and Steven Parker? Or will it be Fumihrio Ota and Hugh de Aske? [B][I]Steve Gumble defends his [COLOR="Red"]MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR]against Josh Jones [/I][/B]- Josh Jones has been a pleasant surprise for fans of the MWA. Can the talented newcomer unseat the champ, especially since the champ is a bit distracted by the situation with Sensational Ogiwara? Or will Steve Gumble come out on top? [B][I][COLOR="red"]MWA Tag Team Champion [/COLOR]the Joeys take on both Agony's Bikers and the Latin Connection [/I][/B]- After watching the mess that is the MWA's tag division, Nemesis made this match between these three very dominant teams. It's anyone's game as they all try to claim the prize at once. [B][I]Sensational Ogiwara tries to claim [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]from Vengeance [/I][/B]- Can Sensational Ogiwara win one final victory before she retires at the end of the month? She has her work cut out for her as she steps into the ring with Vengeance. She has the heart and the skill, but will that be enough? [B][I]Ernest Youngman goes head-to-head with Nemesis [/I][/B]- Ernest and the boss have clashed over the past couple of months and don't see eye-to-eye. Now it all comes to a head as they face off in the squared circle. If Ernest wins, he becomes the boss for a month. If Nemesis wins, Ernest has to work for him. Can the Assassin of the Squared Circle bring down the legend? Or will Nemesis beat Ernest into submission? [B][I]Champion Davis Wayne Newton clashes with Jay Chord with [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]in the balance[/I][/B] - These two claim to respect one another but in the past weeks, that uneasy friendship has been put through the wringer. What will happen as these two future legends get in the ring together? No matter who wins, this will be a match to talk about! [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Be sure to see all the action! Order [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]"Resurgence"[/B][/COLOR] now![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

JUNIOR vs. [B]WANDA FISH[/B] Not sure about this one; I think Wanda takes it though. THE CALAMARI KID & STEVEN PARKER vs. [B]THE HIRED GUNS[/B] The team that has the name wins out. STEVE GUMBLE (c) vs. [B]JOSH JONES[/B] for the MWA Rising Star Title I like Jones, and you've used Gumble as a jobber way to often for me to be confident of his retaining THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. [B]THE JOEYS (c)[/B] vs. AGONY’S BIKERS for the MWA Tag Team Championship I think The Joeys hang on for one more month. [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA[/B] vs. VENGEANCE (c) for the MWA Regional Championship Only because I have the other two major championships retaining. That, and you get to have her go out strong. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] vs. NEMESIS Uh, yeah. It's possible it goes the other way, but I just don't see it. [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON (c)[/B] vs. JAY CHORD for the MWA Grand Championship Davis can't lose it just yet.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Resurgence”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Sunday of Week 3, August 2013[/I] Held at the Illinois State Park in the Great Lakes Territory 15,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!; buy-rate of 2.20[/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed everyone to the show. 1) Davis Wayne Newton started out in the ring, saying he knows that Jay Chord blamed him for their loss this past week on Firestorm. He said that maybe he wasn’t the best partner for Jay and he’s okay with that. He said that he’s tried to respect Jay. He says that Jay is a great competitor, a superb athlete, and a part of a legendary legacy. He says that Jay is even a two-time MWA Grand Champion. But none of that means squat tonight because it isn’t just some ordinary wrestler he’ll be facing. No, he’s coming face to face with the Triple Threat, the founder of a new legacy and a superior athlete. He said that as much as he respects Jay, so long as Davis has the strap, Jay will always come up disappointed. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) The Rev then introduced a video package of Josh Jones. It never showed him speaking (good thing, too; the man’s abysmal on the stick) but what we were able to pull together from his appearances made him look like a genuine threat. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 3) [B]STEVE GUMBLE (c) vs. JOSH JONES [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] I knew it was a risk to put these two on first. It’s a gamble that didn’t quite pay off. Hopefully by the end of the night, people will have forgotten about this. It was a decent match all around, but I think the fact that very few people know who Josh Jones is hurt us. I’m thinking that won’t be a problem for long but it hurt us tonight. But Josh did pick up the win with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 9:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Hugh de Aske and Fumihiro Ota were heading to the ring for their match when Hugh told Ota to hold on a moment. He then stepped over to Junior, who was chatting with a backstage worker. Hugh said that he was impressed with Junior’s fighting spirit ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Ye would have made an excellent pirate queen!”[/COLOR]) and that he hoped she would scuttle Wanda Fish and send her to keep her namesakes company. Junior seemed a little surprised from the attention and thanked Hugh. The camera then caught sight of Mainstream Hernandez coming into the building. Joanne Rodriguez ran up to him with a big smile on her face. She asked if he was ready to recapture the tag titles tonight. He lethargically said he was and brushed past her. J-Ro followed, peppering him with cheerful aphorisms designed to psyche him up, most of which Mainstream didn’t even acknowledge. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] for Hugh & Junior; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for J-Ro & Mainstream 5) [B]THE UNNAMED WONDERS vs. THE HIRED GUNS[/B] The Rev explained that the Calamari Kid and Steven Parker had tried to come up with a name for themselves and that’s what they settled on. Emma said they should have tried longer. At any rate, this match stepped things up in the right direction. Both teams did an excellent job of playing off of their opponents and their partners. The Kid in particular really shone through with his performance. But it was Hugh de Aske and Fumihiro Ota that won the day (although Emma noted that there were probably many Pastafarians that were offended by a pirate/ninja tag team) when Hugh took down the Kid with a Cut-Throat Driver. WINNERS: [B]The Hired Guns [/B]in 9:01 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) Agony’s Bikers appeared on screen with Kristen Pearce. The three of them “congratulated” the Hired Guns and promised them a good fight after they won the tag titles tonight. They blew off the Joeys and the Latin Connection, saying that they were just going to be grease stains on the mat after they were through with them. They boldly proclaimed that they were the future tag champs. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Ernest Youngman appeared on camera and said it was great to be back in the MWA officially. He said that he had spent the past couple of weeks working and training so he’d be ready to defeat Nemesis. And he promised that when he won, he would be such a fair minded boss during his month’s tenure, the rest of the workers would beg for him to stay on full-time. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) Wanda Fish appeared on screen and reminded Junior that before Junior ever even dreamed of lacing up her boots, Wanda was winning titles, including against men. She reminded Junior that she was a pioneer when it came to being a women’s wrestler. Wanda finished it all off by telling Junior that while Junior was a flash in the pan, Wanda was headed straight to the top to remind everyone why she’s the best there is. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE JOEYS (c) vs. AGONY’S BIKERS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] The Rev explained that Nemesis had made this an elimination match. If someone got pinned in the ring, he and his partner were eliminated from the running. It was an okay match. The Joeys really impressed everyone with how well they handled themselves. Or rather, how they didn’t handle themselves. They played the roles of cowardly champions very well, often retreating instead of fighting, only to jump in when they had a chance to win. The Bikers were the early favorites, tossing the champs and J-Ro and Mainstream around the ring like they were nothing. You could easily read the confidence growing in them, which is why it was a bit of a shock to them when J-Ro took down Ronnie V. Pain with a J-Rocker and Mainstream hit the Apparition #14 to pin him. The Bikers threw a tantrum as they left the ring but the ref ordered them out. The match proceeded from there. J-Ro once again was the captain of the team for the Connection but it didn’t do her much good, especially after Joey Poison hit her with an Antidote Web. WINNERS: [B]The Joeys [/B]in 17:54 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) Mainstream crouched over J-Ro’s fallen form and tried to revive her when the Bikers came back. They attacked Mainstream and beat him down pretty badly. They then got a steel chair and set it on the mat, hoisting Mainstream up for a Drive Shaft onto the chair. J-Ro quickly recovered and threw herself over the chair, begging the bikers not to do it. Lead Belly seemed ready to go but Ronnie stopped him. After a short whispered argument, Lead Belly dropped Mainstream and the bikers left the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) Nemesis appeared on screen and reminded Ernest that he wasn’t just wrestling some old guy tonight. He was wrestling Nemesis, a hardcore legend. He said he almost considered changing the match to a hardcore brawl but decided against it. He wanted Ernest to have no excuse for when he lost to Nemesis and became his property. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) The cameras panned the sold out arena but then paused on a surprisingly familiar face. Sam Keith sat in the audience and seemed to be intently watching the action. The Rev wondered how things were going with his boys and when we might see the Gauges come back. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 13) [B]JUNIOR vs. WANDA FISH[/B] A really solid match from these two. Wanda went into it with a smug smirk on her face. Junior seemed focused and ready, although the Rev pointed out that without Remmy Skye to balance her, there’s no telling when she might snap and lose control. Junior did pretty well in the opening minutes but then, after nearly losing when Wanda pinned her, she lost it for a while and stomped Wanda around the ring. Wanda managed to rally but you could tell the damage had been done. Junior finally got control of herself and put on a good fight with Wanda, finally finishing Wanda off with a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 12:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 14) Jay Chord now appeared on screen and said that Davis was indeed a worthy competitor but that he was also deluded. Jay said that being the Triple Threat didn’t matter when it came right down to it. Having skills only got you so far. Knowing how to use them, that was something else entirely. Jay said he had been trained from an early age by the best. He had learned at the feet of legends and now, he was going to claim what was rightfully his. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 15) [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. VENGEANCE (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Ogiwara was focused. Vengeance appeared deadly. And I know you all already know how this ended, so we’ll cut to the chase: Ogiwara hit the Stunner and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Sensatioanl Ogiwara [/B]in 11:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 16) Ogiwara celebrated her win and was joined by Steve Gumble, who seemed pretty excited she won even though he lost his title earlier. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 17) Backstage the medics were looking over Mainstream Hernandez. Joanne Rodriguez came in and asked if she could see him. She made some small talk with Mainstream before he asked her to stop talking since he had a question. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“The docs told me what you did,” [/COLOR]he said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“They said I might have been more injured if you hadn’t stopped the bikers. Why?”[/COLOR] J-Ro teared up and revealed that she thought of Mainstream as more than just a tag partner. She said that she had been falling in love with him for some time and she didn’t want to see him get hurt. Mainstream sighed and closed his eyes. He said that he loved her too ... but as a friend and as a partner. He just couldn’t see the two of them together because he was attracted to someone else. J-Ro was crushed but she said she understood. She then ran out of the room. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 18) Much to everyone’s surprise, Izaak Tischler was backstage outside Nemesis’s office. Des Davids found him and demanded to know what he was doing there. Izaak said he had been trying to get a rematch with Davis Wayne Newton but that his lawyers had told him to give up, it wasn’t going to happen. So now Izaak was going to make lemonade. He said he figured someone had to challenge Ogiwara for her title next Thursday and if he had anything to say about it, it was going to be him. Des disagreed, saying that he was going to take on Ogiwara. He said he owed her for humiliating him a few weeks ago and that winning the Regional Championship would be a good way to set things right. The two wound up arguing, then they wound up fighting. Finally Nemesis came out of his office and demanded to know what they were doing. He accused them of breaking his concentration as he was getting ready for his match against Ernest. They didn’t get the chance to explain because he booked them in a match for the next episode of Firestorm. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 19) Junior found Hugh de Aske backstage. He enthusiastically congratulated her on her win over Wanda. Junior thanked him but said she wanted to know why he wished her luck. She pointed out they had never really spoken before. Hugh actually became somewhat bashful before admitting that he was sweet on her. Junior was shocked, but even more so when Hugh stole a quick kiss from her and then escaped. But from the look on her face, she didn’t mind. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 20) A video played, hyping the feud between Nemesis and Ernest Youngman. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 21) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. NEMESIS[/B] Wow. I hadn’t quite expected this. The only real drawback is that I think Nemesis’s squash matches over the past three weeks wore him out. This was a relatively short match and he was visibly tiring toward the end of it. Best to keep him out of the ring so he can enjoy his retirement for a while. At any rate, Ernest tried to rally the crowd to his side and, for the most part, the fans did side with him. But a very vocal minority was solidly behind Nemesis. Ernest seemed a bit brash as well in the initial skirmishes with Nemesis, but the boss wiped the smirk from his face by knocking him for a loop a few times. It was a spectacular match that really got the fans popping, even though in the end, Nemesis put Ernest down with Nemesis Arrow and picked up the win. WINNER:[B] Nemesis [/B]in 13:36 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 22) Ernest really sold the Arrow, having to be helped out of the ring by the refs. As Ernest left, Nemesis got a mic and leaned against the ropes. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hey, Youngman! Remember how you said you thought about trying to claim my booty? Well, isn’t it ironic that your ass is mine now!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 23) A video played, hyping the rivalry that’s grown up between Jay Chord and Davis Wayne Newton. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 24) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON (c) vs. JAY CHORD [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] I’ll admit, I was a bit nervous about this one, especially when Ernest and Nemesis did so well. But it turns out, I had nothing to fear. These two put on a spectacular match. Things started slow with the two of them talking trash to each other nose-to-nose but then things kicked off when Jay decked Davis and staggered the champ back. Things exploded after that with the Rev and Emma desperately trying to keep up with the action. In the end, Jay tried to set Davis up for a Cradle Piledriver but Davis reversed it and dropped Jay to the mat, getting him tied up in an STF for the win. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 24:52 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Nemesis was used far too much on this show apparently. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Resurgence”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Josh Jones defeated Steve Gumble (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Hired Guns defeated the Unnamed Wonders [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]The Joeys (c) defeated the Latin Connection and Agony’s Bikers to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Wanda Fish [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Sensational Ogiwara defeated Vengeance (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Nemesis defeated Ernest Youngman [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton (c) defeated Jay Chord to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, August 2013[/I] Held at the Missouri State Armoury in the Mid West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed us to the show. 1) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring amidst great fanfare. He thanked the fans for believing in him and said that this past Sunday, he proved his point. He beat Jay Chord fair and square and made him tap out. He said he was looking forward to new challenges, new opponents... Jay Chord interrupted him and demanded to know why Davis thought they were done. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“If I remember correctly, you lost to Izaak Tischler a number of times before you got lucky and won the title.”[/COLOR] Davis bristled and heatedly said that he didn’t “get lucky.” Jay shrugged and said it was all a matter of semantics. His point remained: Davis didn’t just get one shot at the title and it was silly if he thought Jay was only interested in one shot either. Davis countered by saying he figured that Jay wouldn’t want to be humiliated more than once. Jay laughed it off (but with obvious tension) and said he was willing to take the chance. He dared Davis to step into the ring again at “New Legacy.” Davis said he’d be there. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) The announcement of a rematch seemed to dull the audience a little when it was announced that later tonight, we’d see the Unnamed Wonders take on the Titans. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] These two put on a great match together that really got the fans popping. Both men were angry, both men were out for blood, and it really carried them through a good match. In the end, Des Davids surprised everyone by getting Izaak down on the mat and screaming with an ankle lock. Izaak quickly tapped out. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 10:53 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 4) Wanda Fish appeared on screen and raged about Junior, saying that Junior’s win at “Resurgence” was a fluke. Wanda proclaimed that she still is the iconic woman wrestler, the best in the business, and she’d prove it tonight be destroying Joanne Rodriguez. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Nemesis appeared on screen with Ernest. Nemesis took a few moments to mock Ernest for losing and then reminded Ernest that, thanks to the stipulation from their match, Ernest was now Nemesis’s to do with as Nemesis pleased. And it pleased Nemesis to make Ernest go clean the locker rooms of the Armoury. He handed him a bucket and a rag and told him to get to work. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) [B]JOSH JONES (c) vs. ISLAND BOY APOLLO [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Ick. I had hoped that Josh would be able to carry this match. Turns out he couldn’t. About the only thing going for the match was Jenny Playmate’s cheering from the sidelines. The mood of the audience crashed even as Josh took Apollo down with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 7:44 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 7) Much to the announcers’ surprise, we saw some footage of Hugh de Aske and Junior out on a date at an expensive restaurant. It mostly was a set-up for Hguh to make a joke about stealing silverware ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hello ... pirate. What did you expect me to do?”[/COLOR]) but the crowd seemed mildly amused by it. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) Speaking of Hugh, his tag team partner, Fumihiro Ota was backstage trying to figure out how to drink a cup of coffee through his ninja mask. Agony’s Bikers solved the dilemma for him by attacking him and destroying him. Even as the Rev called for security to stop them, Emma pointed out it was a good strategy, seeing as the Hired Guns were the #1 Contenders for the tag titles. If Ota is out of commission, the Bikers might get the shot. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 9) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. WANDA FISH[/B] The Rev really hyped up the fact that this was a continuation of a long rivalry between these two. He reminded fans that both Wanda and J-Ro had worked for AAA in the past and that they had put on some superb matches out west. This was no different. Wanda and Joanne put on a great match that told a good story. The Rev pointed out numerous times where they were able to simply avoid each other’s offense, saying that they obviously knew each other so well as to read the other’s intentions. In the end, though, Wanda took J-Ro to the mat and got her to tap out with a Blonde Ambition. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 11:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) Steve Gumble was in the ring next and he introduced the new MWA Regional Champion, Sensational Ogiwara. Ogiwara came out to a decent ovation. She posed with the title and Steve appeared ready to hand the mic over to her. But before that could happen, Vengeance hit the ring and destroyed them. He took Steve out with a Justice Crusher, then spread out the title belt and hit Ogiwara with a Justice Crusher on the gold! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 11) As Vengeance came out of the ring, he was intercepted by Nemesis, who demanded to know what that was all about. When Vengeance didn’t answer, Nemesis did so for him by saying that he liked it. He liked the intensity, he liked the raw ferocity of it. That’s why he was going to reward Vengeance for his passion by giving him a title shot against Davis Wayne Newton tonight! RATING:[COLOR="blue"] C[/COLOR] 12) [B]THE UNNAMED WONDERS vs. THE TITANS[/B] Another “blah” match for the evening. The Titans did their level best to overpower the Kid and Steven Parker, but in the end, Parker took down Primus with a Future Shock. WINNER: [B]The Unnamed Wonders [/B]in 9:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 13) A camera showed the audience Ernest cleaning one of the locker rooms. He did not look happy. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 14) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON (c) vs. VENGEANCE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. Not the slam dunk I hoped for but it was decent. Vengeance looked angry and hungry, a good combination that kept Davis on his toes. But in the end, the champ retained by hitting a Fisherman’s Suplex on Vengeance. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 10:51 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Wow. Not what I was hoping for. We got a rating of 7.08. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Des Davids defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones (c) defeated Island Boy Apollo to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Joanne Rodriguez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]The Unnamed Wonders defeated the Titans [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton (c) defeated Vengeance to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, September 2013[/I] Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid South Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Nemesis appeared on screen. He said he had bad news: due to the severity of Vengeance’s attack on Sensational Ogiwara, she was no longer able to defend the MWA Regional Championship. For that reason, he was stripping her of the title. But he promised a good match to determine the next holder of the title. At “New Legacy,” it would be Steve Gumble vs. Vengeance vs. Des Davids vs. Mainstream Hernandez in a ladder match to determine who would be the new Regional Champion. He thanked everyone for their attention and asked them to enjoy the show. He turned around and found himself face to face with a very angry Vengeance. Nemesis guessed that Vengeance wasn’t too happy about losing the belt and not getting it back. Nemesis said that Vengeance only had himself to blame. If he hadn’t taken out Ogiwara, they might have been able to have a rematch. Vengeance didn’t look any happier, so Nemesis suggested that he give him a substitute. He’d book Vegeance in a match against Ernest Youngman for tonight. He suggested that Vengeance could take out his anger on Ernest. Vengeance didn’t look much happier, but he nodded curtly and walked out the door. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the first match announcement and the second 2) Some music straight from the ‘60s started to play and, much to the announcers’ surprise, out came Mean Jean Cattley. Only it wasn’t the same Jean Cattley we saw a few months ago. Instead, he wore tie-died clothing and rosy sunglasses. He smiled loopily at a few of the fans in the front row and got into the ring. He then explained that he realized a few months ago that he was at a bad place spiritually. He took some time off to go center himself and figure out who he was. He said it was the best decision he ever made. He said for the first time, he felt truly at peace with himself and all of humanity. He’d still wrestle, but he would do it for the pure joy of the competition, and that it really didn’t matter who won or lost. He said that everyone should get used to the new Mean Jean Cattley. He then paused and said that name didn’t fit him anymore due to his enlightened nature. Instead, he wanted to be called “Serene Jean Cattley” from here on out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] Thomas came out, clearly unsure of what to make of Serene Jean. Emma also didn’t buy the change, saying that the whole competition for competition’s sake sounded like a pile of hippy bull. The Rev countered that even the fans sometimes enjoyed a good match, no matter who won. Serene Jean’s new philosophy led to some interesting moments. There were a few times where Thomas put together a nice string of moves that almost ended the match. Each time, Serene Jean got up and congratulated Thomas, applauding one time, slapping him heartily on the back the other. That threw Thomas off and he tried to step up the intensity. But in the end, Serene Jean caught Thomas in a Mood Swing and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Serene Jean Cattley [/B]in 8:14 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Backstage, Hugh de Aske found Junior. She asked him what he was doing there, saying she had a match to get ready for. She was apparently facing Izaak Tischler. Hugh said he knew and he was there to give her something for luck. He then presented her with a big bouquet of roses. She thanked him, but then seemed a bit confused. Apparently she heard on the radio that a nearby flower shop had been robbed. Hugh quickly suggested that it must have been a different store than he visited. He then kissed her for luck and told her to go rip Izaak apart. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) Backstage Bulldozer Brandon Smith tried to psyche up Primus Allen for the next match, saying that it was time to remind the MWA what a dominant force the Titans really were. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 6) As the Latin Connection came out for the match, they paused for a moment and looked at ringside. The camera swung around to reveal that once again, Sam Keith sat in the front row. He gave Mainstream and J-Ro a tight smile and then shooed them toward the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE TITANS[/B] A pretty good match all around. You could tell that some of the participants were really improving on their game. The Titans seemed an unstoppable juggernaut in the opening moments, but then they stumbled and fumbled a few of the moves. The Rev pointed out there seemed to be a lack of communication in that team, which Emma blew off by saying that when you’re as powerful as the Titans, communication is secondary. But it still wound up costing them. Bulldozer Brandon Smith missed tagging in Primus and paid for it when Mainstream tripped him up and hit the Apparition #14. Mainstream then made the tag. When Primus came in to break it up, J-Ro hit the ring and actually stopped him by tripping him up and using his own momentum to toss him from the ring. WINNERS: [B]The Latin Connection [/B]in 8:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) Serene Jean Cattley was backstage, smiling goofily at people (leading Emma to wonder what kind of granola he was smoking). He ran into Josh Jones and Jenny Playmate. Jenny said it was a pleasure to meet him, seeing as Jean was one of the first people to hold the MWA Grand Championship. Jean blew that off, saying it was all water under the bridge. Jenny said he was being too modest, that he was a legend in the MWA. She then suggested a friendly competition for Josh’s Rising Star Title at “New Legacy.” Jean said that’d be fine, that he’d look forward to it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) Nemesis was looking over some paperwork as Ernest Youngman came in. Ernest asked with a visible cringe if Nemesis had some more locker rooms to clean. Nemesis informed Ernest of his match against Vengeance. Ernest brightened a bit and said he looked forward to pinning Vengeance. Nemesis said that wasn’t going to happen. He said that Vengeance was in a foul mood because of the Regional Championship and that Nemesis wanted to throw him an easy match to cheer him up and keep him on board the whole program. That’s why Ernest had to lose the match. Ernest was extremely offended at the suggestion that he throw a match. Nemesis grimly reminded Ernest that because Nemesis beat him two weeks ago, Ernest had to do whatever Nemesis said or he’d be fired. Ernest sighed and finally agreed to lose the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. VENGEANCE[/B] Ernest and Vengeance had bad chemistry but it wasn’t so much as to completely sour the match. Vengeance did his level best to bring Ernest down quick and easy, but Ernest put up a good fight. The Rev said that’s how talented Ernest is; even when he has to lose, it’s not that easy for him. Emma said he’d better get over it quickly if he wanted to have a job. Things progressed along those lines until finally, Ernest wound up dropping Vengeance with a swinging neckbreaker. He then made the cover and the ref made it to two before Ernest hopped off of Vengeance with a worried look on his face. He finally winced and lay down on the mat and pulled Vengeance’s arm over himself. The crowd booed as the confused ref counted to three. WINNER: [B]Vengeance[/B] in 11:08 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Backstage Mainstream found Joanne Rodriguez and asked if she was the one who got him into the ladder match at “New Legacy.” She said she was, saying that she knew he missed being the Regional Champion. She said she would do anything to make him happy again. He smiled, but you could tell that that wasn’t what’s been bothering him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) [B]JUNIOR vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] The Rev made a gleeful comment on how far Izaak has fallen since losing his Grand Championship. Izaak did not look happy being in this match. The frustration was clearly visible on his face. Junior seemed even more intense and focused than usual, although she wore a happy smile through most of the match. She battered Izaak around the ring and finally got him to tap out with a triangle choke. WINNER:[B] Junior [/B]in 11:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) As Junior celebrated her win, Wanda Fish came out and said that her loss at “Resurgence” was just a fluke. She demanded that Junior get in the ring with her again. Junior smiled and said she had nothing to prove so she wasn't about to give Wanda a second shot at the brass ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 14) A video played, hyping the Grand Champion, Davis Wayne Newton. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 15) When the video ended, Jay Chord was in the ring. He admitted that Davis looked very impressive and that he was, indeed, a worthy opponent. Jay even copped to his loss at “Resurgence.” But he said that there was a limit to skill. Luck eventually ran out. And when that happened to Davis, Jay would be there to reclaim the MWA Grand Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 16) [B]JAY CHORD vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] Great match. Emma pointed out that Des was riding pretty high after finding out he’d be in the ladder match. The Rev said that Jay had every reason to be confident as well. Both men could wind up with gold come “New Legacy.” It was a great battle and a great cap to the show. Jay scored the first nearfall but Des kicked out quickly. Frustration grew as neither man was able to pin the other. But in the end, Jay picked up the win with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 10:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I’m hoping we can continue to make positive strides like this. We got a rating of 7.65. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Serene Jean Cattley defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]The Latin Connection defeated the Titans [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Vengeance defeated Ernest Youngman [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, September 2013[/I] Held at the Laurent Ballroom in the New England Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed us to the show. 1) The show started off with the champ in the ring. Davis Wayne Newton complained about how Jay Chord has been running his mouth in the back. He said that Jay has already predicted he’ll take the title at “New Legacy,” to the point that he’s been demanding bigger locker rooms and such. Davis said he thought he could wait the extra two weeks until the Pay-Per-View, but he can’t. He wants Jay tonight, and he’ll even put the title on the line! Jay came out and said that Davis is delusional but if he wants to lose tonight that’s fine by him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the acceptance 2) [B]THE TITANS vs. AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] The Rev played up this as an epic clash of two powerhouse teams and in some ways, it really was. But the difference was that Bulldozer and Primus seemed a bit out to lunch in the ring. They weren’t communicating and each seemed more interested in one-upping his partner. As a result, the Bikers ran over them and Ronnie sealed the deal with a Power Chord on Bulldozer Brandon Smith. WINNER: [B]Agony’s Bikers [/B]in 7:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) Backstage the Titans were in a hot argument. Bulldozer said that this match was the final nail in the coffin. He had been intending to break free of Primus’s dead weight for a while now and pursue singles glory. Primus asked who got pinned out there and reminded Bulldozer it wasn’t him. Bulldozer seemed a bit thrown by that but said it was over between them. The Titans were dead. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 4) Izaak Tischler was backstage and livid. He raged through the backstage area and finally came upon Steve Gumble. He demanded to know who he had naked pictures of. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Why are you in the ladder match at ‘New Legacy?’”[/COLOR] Gumble shrugged and said he wasn’t entirely sure. He suspected that maybe Sensational Ogiwara had something to do with it before she retired. Whatever the case, he said it was a pleasant surprise. Gumble tried to walk away but Izaak stopped him. Izaak said that if anyone deserved to be in that match, it was him, not Gumble. Gumble politely disagreed. Izaak then shoved him, and Gumble shoved him back. Gumble then suggested that if Izaak had something to prove, they could meet in the ring later and work it out then. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5) Once again, the camera caught sight of Sam Keith seated in the audience, intently watching everything with a neutral expression on his face. The Rev wondered what he was up to. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) The camera cut out to the arena lobby, were Ernest Youngman was standing with a very dejected look on his face. A nameless worker was selling chances for people to give Ernest a wedgie, a nearby sign proclaiming this something created by Nemesis. Ernest had to stand there as person after person came up and hauled up on his shorts. One person found this hilarious. The camera spun around to find Alicia Strong laughing at Ernest. Ernest took exception to this and said he only did this to keep his contract. Alicia said that Ernest was Nemesis’s bitch. Ernest didn’t take kindly to that and dared Alicia to step into the ring with him so he could show her what he was really capable of. Alicia thought that idea was particularly funny and said she’d be there. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the wedgies; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the argument 7) Backstage, Junior was looking for Hugh de Aske. She stopped several people and asked if anyone had seen him. No one had. She looked greatly concerned. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) [B]JOSH JONES (c) vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Not a bad showing from the rookie. He and Ota put on a halfway decent match before Josh took Ota down with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 6:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9)[B] ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. ALICIA STRONG[/B] Alicia learned a hard lesson in mocking the Assassin of the Squared Circle. She did her level best to take Ernest down, but he was angry and out for blood. He finally dropped her with a Swinging Neckbreaker. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 9:57 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Junior came out to the ring, almost in tears. She explained that she was looking for Hugh de Aske. She was supposed to meet him at the arena earlier but he had disappeared. She didn’t know where he was and desperately wanted to find out. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Oh, I know where he is.”[/COLOR] Junior turned to the monitor where Wanda’s face loomed over the audience. Wanda revealed that she and some associates had keelhauled Hugh and he was now her guest. Wanda delivered an ultimatum: if Junior wanted to see the pirate again, she would face Wanda at “New Legacy.” RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the reveal; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the challenge 11) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] The announcers were surprised by the amount of fire Steve showed in the match. Even Emma had to grudgingly admit that if Steve showed this much fire at “New Legacy,” he belonged in the ladder match. Which meant that Izaak didn’t fare too well. He tried, he really did. He even managed to drop Steve with a Crucifix Slam. But then he got overconfident. He strutted around the ring and trash talked the audience. When he finally came over to pin Steve, Gumble snared his leg, tripped him up, and quickly rolled him into a pin. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 9:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) Kirsten Pearce led Agony’s Bikers to Nemesis’s office. She told them to chill out and let her do the talking. She knocked on the door and entered, followed by her boys. Nemesis demanded to know what they wanted. Kristen pointed out that with Hugh de Aske missing and since there was no telling when he might be released, there was no way for the Hired Guns to take advantage of their #1 Contender status at “New Legacy.” And Mainstream Hernandez was already booked for the ladder match for the Regional Championship. So she respectfully requested that Agony’s Bikers be given the title shot instead. Nemesis thought it over and said she had a good point. The Bikers were in. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 13) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON (c) vs. JAY CHORD [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Really good match. These two put on a great match. Things started off calm as both men sized up the competition. Then things picked up and you could tell that they were both holding back. The Rev suggested that in spite of the tension between Jay and Davis, they were both decent guys who respected each other. That soon changed, though, when Jay got a nearfall and Davis accused him of cheating. Jay denied it and soon things got heated. Davis threw a stiff punch and Jay fired back with one of his own. The gloves came off and they went for the jugular. Soon the audience was popping out of their chairs repeatedly as Jay and Davis tore into each other. But then things came to a crashing halt. They wound up knocking each other out. Referee Jez McArthuer stood over them, surprised, and started the ten count. He even paused at nine to see if either man would stir. They didn’t and Jez reached ten. WINNER: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 17:02 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Another baby step in the right direction. We got a rating of 7.08. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Agony’s Bikers defeated the Titans [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones (c) defeated Fumihrio Ota to retain the MWA Rising Star Title [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Steve Gumble defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton (c) drew with Jay Chord and so retained [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Sunday of Week 2, September 2013 -[/I][/B] I was stunned. There was no other word for it. A few days ago, I noticed that our contract with the Rev was coming due. I couldn’t imagine not having him at the announce table. I appreciated his insight into the sport and really wanted him to stick around. But then I got a note from him saying he wanted out. He was done with the MWA. I left a message with him hoping that I could talk him into staying but things didn’t seem hopeful. ProWrestlingHits.com said that he was “100% sure” he’d never work for us again. Where the heck did this come from?

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, September 2013[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]"New Legacy"[/COLOR]) Held at the Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed us to the show. 1) Davis Wayne Newton arrived at the ballroom and smiled at a few of the backstage workers. The smile died when he saw Nemesis waiting for him. Nemesis greeted him with open arms and asked how “his” champion was doing. Davis got in Nemesis’s face and reminded him that when Nemesis first arrived, Davis was ready and willing to work for Nemesis, but that Nemesis rejected him. He said that he was no one’s champion but his own. He then shoved past Nemesis and walked away. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Serene Jean Cattley came out to the ring and said that he was looking forward to his match against Josh Jones. It seemed like he was actually trying to hype Josh more than himself. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] This was a pleasant surprise. These two had great chemistry in the ring together and put on a great opening match, one that took the fans by surprise also. In the end, Jean picked up the win with the Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Serene Jean Cattley [/B]in 7:57 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 4) Primus Allen came out to the ring and basically threw a fit over what Bulldozer Brandon Smith said last week. He said that he’s always tried to be a team player, putting the Titans first. He then suggested that everyone in the arena knew who the dominant player in their team had been and he was willing to prove it. He revealed he had requested and got a match against Bulldozer at “New Legacy.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) [B]JOSH JONES vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Another pleasant surprise. Not chemistry but a really great match. Joey seemed quite sure that Josh was no threat and wound up paying for it. Josh tore him apart and then dropped him with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 8:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) Izaak Tischler approached Nemesis, who looked pretty upset still from his encounter with Davis. Izaak told Nemesis that he was feeling pretty bad about his track record the past couple of weeks and he wanted a chance to climb toward the top again. But he said he needed a little help. Nemesis irritably asked Izaak what he was looking for specifically. Izaak asked for a match against Ernest Youngman at “New Legacy,” hinting that he hoped Nemesis would fix things for him to give him a win. Nemesis agreed and said that the match was his. He even said he’d do one other thing to get things ready for Izaak. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B-[/COLOR] 7) Once again, Sam Keith was found in the crowd. He smiled stiffly at the crowd. But before the camera could pan off of him, Agony’s Bikers came out. They mocked Sam a little, reminding him and the crowd that they had a title shot at “New Legacy.” They called Sam a broken down old joke whose sons couldn’t get on the same page to save their lives. They laughed at him. Sam chuckled as well, but then attacked both of them. The Bikers dragged him over the barrier and tried to beat him down, but Sam was able to shove Ronnie into Kristen Pearce, who went down hard, and then suplexed Lead Belly onto the floor. He then escaped before security could get him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the reveal and the taunting 8) Junior came out to the ring and said she had thought it over. She was furious with Wanda for kidnaping Hugh and she was going to make Wanda pay. She accepted Wanda’s challenge. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 9) [B]JUNIOR vs. VENGEANCE[/B] Another great match. It’s a good, strong night, it would seem. Junior tore Vengeance apart, prompting the Rev to wonder if Junior saw someone else in the ring with her. Junior finally got Vengeance down and out with a Triangle Choke. As soon as the match was over, Junior released Vengeance and took off. Emma said if she was Wanda, she’d get out of the building now. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 9:05 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 10) Ernest Youngman found Nemesis and asked what he wanted. Nemesis revealed that he was making a match for Ernest for tonight. He wanted Ernest to take on Davis Wayne Newton. No, not for the title. Just a regular match. Then Nemesis leaned in and told Ernest that he wanted Ernest to do more than just beat Davis. No matter how the match went, Ernest was supposed to attack Davis and try to take him out. Ernest reacted badly at the suggestion so Nemesis reminded him if he didn’t, he’d be fired. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. STEVE GUMBLE[/B] The Rev hyped this up as a preview of part of the ladder match at “New Legacy.” Mainstream and Gumble did okay for the most part, but I think the crowd just needed to take a breather after the first three matches. In the end, everyone was surprised when Gumble took Mainstream down and got him to tap with a Boston crab. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 9:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) Junior indeed was looking for Wanda backstage. When she saw her, she shouted her name and charged. Wanda fled as quickly as she could, diving into a waiting car that took off in a squeal of tires. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] Huh. I had thought this pairing would be pretty good. And it was a good match, but not nearly as good as I had hoped. Oh well. Both men did a good job of fighting. Ernest didn’t appear to be completely into it and Davis wasn’t sure what to make of that. But Ernest did step up his game when he had to. It wasn’t enough, though. Davis took him down with an STF and Ernest quickly tapped out. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 11:29 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 14) Davis released Ernest and started to celebrate. Ernest, in the meantime, got the Grand Championship belt and started stalking the champ as if he was ready to attack him. Davis turned around and froze, waiting for Ernest to make a move. But then Jay Chord charged into the ring. He chased Ernest out of there and turned to Davis with a smile. Davis then grabbed Jay and dropped him to the mat and put him in an STF for his troubles! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] As the show wrapped up, the announcers ran down the card: [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. JOSH JONES (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR]) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH [/B]([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) [B]THE JOEYS (c) vs. AGONY’S BIKERS for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]JUNIOR vs. WANDA FISH [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. VENGEANCE vs. DES DAVIDS in a ladder match for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. IZAAK TISCHLER [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON (c) vs. JAY CHORD for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] At the end of the show, I tried to flag down the Rev to talk to him about his contract. He ignored me and kept going. We got a rating of 7.10. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Serene Jean Cattley defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Vengeance [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Steve Gumble defeated Mainstream Hernandez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Ernest Youngman [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, comments, predictions, whatever ... you know the drill.

Archived