MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[B]REMMY SKYE (c)[/B] vs. CASEY VALENTINE for the MWA Rising Star Title [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS[/B] vs. THE TITANS [B]SAM PRATT[/B] vs. STEVE GUMBLE SAM KEITH vs. [B]IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION (c)[/B] vs. THE FOUNDATION for the MWA Tag Team Championship JUNIOR (c) vs. [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship [B]HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] vs. JAY CHORD vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON for the MWA Grand Championship And is Junior someone you made up, or simply an exisiting character with a name change? Good show as always.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
REMMY SKYE (c) vs. [B]CASEY VALENTINE [/B]for the MWA Rising Star Title [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS[/B] vs. THE TITANS [B]SAM PRATT[/B] vs. STEVE GUMBLE [B]SAM KEITH[/B] vs. IZAAK TISCHLER THE LATIN CONNECTION (c) vs. [B]THE FOUNDATION[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship I love Parker and MJC. JUNIOR (c) vs. [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship [B]HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] vs. JAY CHORD vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON for the MWA Grand Championship Hugh to retain.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Field of Honor”[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [I]Sunday of Week 3, November 2012[/I] Held at the Louisiana Auditorium in the South East Territory 9,500 in attendance; Buy-rate of 0.74[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the Pay-Per-View audience to the show. 1) A graphic reminded the crowd that tonight’s main event was the triple threat match with Hugh de Aske defending his championship against Jay Chord and Davis Wayne Newton. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) Speaking of this match, Jay Chord kicked things off by cutting an intense promo on his opponents. He called Hugh a joke and Davis nothing more than a filthy opportunist. He said he had the heritage, he had the history, he had the momentum behind him. He said that he would leave the auditorium with the belt firmly cinched around his waist. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) A video played, highlighting the feud between Casey Valentine and Remmy Skye. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 4) For a brief moment before the match got started, we saw Beach Babe Bunnie (Remmy’s fiancé) sitting in the front row. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F[/COLOR] (seeing as she’s a virtual unknown, this isn’t surprising) 5) [B]REMMY SKYE (c) vs. CASEY VALENTINE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Either man could hold this title easily because both of them are shooting up the ranks. They certainly set a high bar for an opening match. Casey was intense. Remmy was impassive. He didn’t seem at all concerned when Casey pulled into the lead. Nor did he seem happy when he managed to shift things back in his direction. As a matter of fact, it seemed that Remmy’s lack of reaction wore on Casey more than Remmy’s offense. Casey was soon losing his cool, screaming at Remmy to blink or do something. This agitated state led to Casey’s downfall. Remmy was eventually able to take him out with a Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 12:28 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) Remmy had the barest hint of a smile on his face as the ref raised his hand. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s the most elated I’ve seen Remmy in a long time,” [/COLOR]the Rev observed. Remmy then helped Casey to his feet and then offered him his hand. Casey glared at it and then spit on Remmy before spinning on his heel and marching out of the ring. Even with Casey’s spit sliding down his face, Remmy seemed completely nonplussed. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 7) Thomas Morgan was backstage when he came across Joey Beauchamp talking on a cell phone. He paused for a moment and listened. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Yes, sir ... no, sir. Absolutely. I agree ... Right. After tonight, your daughter won’t want anything to do with the MWA anymore.”[/COLOR] Joey then hung up and walked away. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 8) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. THE TITANS[/B] A good chance for the audience to go use the bathroom, I guess. Nothing too strenuous. Matt seemed about ready to match the Titans power-for-power while Greg moved a little more quickly to keep them on their toes. But Bulldozer and Primus seemed like the Titans of old and absolutely demolished the brothers. Bulldozer finally dropped Matt with a Backdrop Driver. WINNER: [B]The Titans [/B]in 9:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) The Titans weren’t quite done yet. They continued the assault, beating on Matt and Greg until both brothers were bleeding. They finished them off by hauling in the top of the ring steps and driving Matt and Greg into them with their finishing moves. The medics quickly swarmed the ring to tend to the fallen brothers. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 10) Backstage, the brothers were wheeled toward a waiting ambulance. They passed by Sam Keith, who looked positively sick. He demanded to know what happened and was told that Titans had taken them out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 11) The Foundation was watching the monitor, laughing about what happened to the Gauges. Izaak revealed that he was the one who paid the Titans to take out the Gauges, mostly to mess with Sam Keith. He then addressed Parker and Cattley, telling them that when the time came, they should show everyone why they shouldn’t mess with the Foundation. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 12) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION (c) vs. THE FOUNDATION [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A really good match all things considered. Cattley and Parker looked particularly dangerous, almost feral, as they hit the ring and stared down their opponents. Mainstream and Joanne, while maybe a little concerned, held their heads high as they went out and rather than hand over their titles to the ref right away, they instead waved the belts at the Foundation, as if daring them to come after them. The fight was great. J-Ro and Mainstream took to the skies and tried to use their collective speed to overwhelm the Foundation. But Cattley and Parker stood fast. Eventually, though, the champs started to gain a little bit of an edge. It looked like Joanne was going to hit Jean with the J-Rocker at any moment. That’s when Parker tried to get into the ring to intervene. Referee Jez McArthuer immediately intercepted him and the two got into an argument over what his intentions were. While the ref was distracted, Jean pulled a roll of quarters out of his trunks. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That explains a lot,” [/COLOR]I commented. The Rev was silent for a moment or two before he said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Something you want to talk about, son?” “Just shut up and call the match, Rev.”[/COLOR] Anyway, Jean wrapped his fingers around the roll and used it like set of brass knuckles to knock Joanne’s lights out. When Mainstream came in to help her, Jean knocked him cold as well. He then made the pin. Parker stopped arguing and practically shoved Jez toward the pin. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Not like this! Not like this!” [/COLOR]the Rev screamed as Jez made the count. WINNERS: [B]The Foundation [/B]in 11:34 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) Backstage, Bulldozer Brandon Smith sneered at some waiting fans and refused to sign any autographs. Maybe he should. The delay might have saved him. Before Smith knew what was happening, Sam Keith came roaring out of the crowd and speared him into a brick wall. He then punched and kicked the fallen man until security came and dragged him off of Smith, who was busted open and bleeding. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 14) Thomas Morgan found Junior backstage and warming up. He informed her of what he overheard Joey Beauchamp saying, adding that he believed Junior’s father hired Joey to take her out. Junior took the news in stride and finally said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Father will just have to learn to live with failure.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 15) Davis Wayne Newton appeared on screen and commented on Jay Chord’s earlier comments. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You’re right, Jay. I’m not the son of legendary wrestler. I may not have ever held the Grand Championship before. And yeah, I did come into this title hunt recently. But I’m still the Triple Threat. I am the future of this industry. And tonight, I’m going to be the Grand Champion as well.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 16) [B]JUNIOR (c) vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Unfortunately these two didn’t have good chemistry in the ring. You know what, though? Didn’t bother me a bit. Didn’t seem to bother the fans either. Junior managed to maintain her focus through the opening minutes of the bout. She ignored most of Joey’s sneers and taunts and did her best to bring him down hard and fast. But Joey proved to be an elusive opponent. He managed to slip out of her finishers with relative ease, each time miming talking on the phone or making some quip about her father. It all began to wear on Junior. Soon we were seeing flashes of her old anger resurfacing until finally, she let loose and lit into Joey. Joey didn’t seem quite ready for that. He almost got pinned twice in short order. The fight finally spilled out into the ringside area and Joey had to struggle to keep from getting torn apart. He finally had to get a steel chair and knock Junior out. Jez immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Junior by DQ [/B]in 18:42 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 17) Once again, the medics had to make a trip out to the ring to get Junior out of there. Joey, almost out of breath, got the mic and taunted her, saying that he’d be more than happy to deliver a message to her father if she’d like. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 18) Pirmus Allen was coming out of his locker room, dressed for a night on the town, when Sam Keith came out of nowhere and took him out as well, beating him to a pulp. The Rev commented that we may not be able to put on “Firestorm” at this rate, what with half our roster getting smashed up in one way or another. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 19) Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker were celebrating their win as they walked through the backstage area when they were confronted by Des Davids and Joey Poison. Des and Joey said that they were a joke. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“We saw how you won those titles,”[/COLOR] Des said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And it may be too late to fix things with the Latin Connection, but we’re not going to let this stand. You two and us, this next Thursday, for those titles.”[/COLOR] Cattley and Parker glanced at each other before they burst out laughing. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You got it, man,” [/COLOR]Parker said. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response 20) [B]SAM PRATT vs. STEVE GUMBLE[/B] I mostly let them have fun with this match. Big mistake. Sam was off his game and it really dragged on things, even after he hit the Pratt Buster. WINNER: [B]Sam Pratt [/B]in 10:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 21) Hugh de Aske appeared on screen. He asked the audience if he though it was a little odd that both Jay and Davis seemed to have forgotten that he’s the one with the title. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Jay calls me a joke and Davis doesn’t even mention me in his cute little speech. Arrrr, it’s a lonely business being a pirate, mateys. Seems you get overlooked. “But that’s all right. Let the fools tear each other apart. I’ll be there to mop the decks with them and keep me gold.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 22) [B]SAM KEITH vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] The Rev questioned the wisdom in letting Sam wrestle after destroying one of the MWA’s tag teams backstage. I asked him if he wanted to be the one to tell him he couldn’t. That seemed to shut the Rev up. Sam was still plenty angry, but the Rev pointed out that he was a bit slow tonight. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Perhaps destroying his sons’ attackers before a big match against Izaak Tischler wasn’t such a good idea.”[/COLOR] Whatever it was, you could tell as the match wore on that Sam was slowly losing steam. That only amused Izaak. He began to stalk Sam, mocking him and teasing him, dashing in to tousle his hair or slap him lightly across the back of the head. He paid for his overconfidence at one point. Sam came to life and snared the brash youngster, slamming him to the mat with the Neutron Plex and then slapping the Proton Lock on him. Izaak scrambled to the bottom rope before Sam could get it completely cinched up. He was a bit more wary after that point. Finally, though, Izaak reversed an attempted Neutron Plex and hit the Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 12:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 23) The camera cut, of all places, to the production truck. The director was calling out camera angles when the door burst open and Cattley and Parker burst inside. They harassed the techs for a moment or two, demanding that they play a video they had brought along. After some not-so-veiled threats of violence, they got what they wanted. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 24) A video played, hyping the Foundation as the most dominant group in professional wrestling today. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 25) That was followed by another video, this one highlighting the way that Jay and Davis wound up interfering with each other’s title shots and finally wound up drawing with each other before we all came to this point. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 26) [B]HUGH de ASKE (c) vs. JAY CHORD vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] For once, I think we hit a sweet spot. Everything in the show built perfectly to this match. And what a match it was. When the bell rang, Jay and Davis attacked each other, leaving Hugh relatively unscathed. Hugh watched them brawl for a while, finally propping himself up in one corner. He even slid out of the ropes and joined the Rev and me on commentary for a few minutes. Jez had his hands so full with the other two that he didn’t notice Hugh was missing. He finally came over and ordered Hugh back into the ring. Hugh sighed dramatically and did as he was told. Davis finally managed to score the first nearfall by taking Jay down with a Fisherman’s Suplex. Hugh then drop kicked Davis out of the way and made the pin himself. That was perhaps not the wisest idea, even though he could have lost his title. This brought him back to the attention of Jay and Davis, who dragged him into the conflict. The fight raged through the ring and around it. All three men were nearly counted out by Jez before they all staggered to their feet and continued the brawl. Finally, though, Jay Chord took Davis out with a Super DDT. And then he was rewarded for his efforts by getting hit with a Cut Throat Driver. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 28:26 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 27) Hugh celebrated his win but it was cut short as the Foundation hit the ring and destroyed him. Cattley hit the Mood Swing first, then Parker rattled the mat with the Future Shock, and Izaak finished him off with the Crucifix Slam. They stood over the champ’s fallen form and laughed at him as the show wrapped up. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Greg Gauge and Mean Jean were overused. I thought that last match would have helped a bit more than it did, but I’m not going to complain about the results. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM- [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Field of Honor”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Remmy Skye (c) defeated Casey Valentine to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]The Titans defeated the Gauge Brothers [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]The Foundation defeated the Latin Connection (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Junior (c) defeated Joey Beauchamp by DQ and so retains [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Sam Pratt defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Sam Keith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske (c) defeated Jay Chord and Davis Wayne Newton to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, November 2012[/I] Held at Shakeshaft Auditorium in the Great Lakes Region 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with a uncharacteristically angry Hugh de Aske in the ring. He ranted and raved about the way the Foundation capped off “Field of Honor” by driving him into the mat. He demanded a match against the current ringleader, namely Izaak Tischler, saying that he’d even put his title on the line to get his hands on him. Izaak came out and said that it was Hugh’s funeral. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D [/COLOR]for the challenge and the response 2) Next we heard from Casey Valentine, who ranted and raved about Remmy Skye. Oddly, Casey didn’t seem too upset over the fact that he lost his match. Instead, he was still obsessed with “the Ice Man.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) [B]REMMY SKYE (c) vs. CITIZEN X[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Remmy looked every inch a champion in this match against X. X would seem to be the reason the match dragged, oddly enough. In the end, Remmy took X down with a Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 6:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Joey Beauchamp appeared on screen. He was once again talking into his cell phone, kowtowing verbally to Junior’s father. But then, halfway through some brownnosing, he stopped and turned to the camera. He then held up the phone to reveal that it was off. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s right,” [/COLOR]Joey said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I never spoke to Junior’s daddy. Don’t have a clue how to contact him, don’t care to have one now. Don’t you get it, girl? I played you. I know that anger is still simmering deep underneath that supposedly calm exterior. All it took was a little poke in the right direction to get you to explode. And I’m not done yet.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) [B]THE MERCENARIES vs. THE TITANS[/B] This match could barely get out of first gear as well. The Titans simply demolished Ash Campbell and Fumihiro Ota, with Primus scoring the pin after slamming Ota into the mat with a Running Powerslam. WINNER:[B] The Titans [/B]in 9:13 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Junior arrived at the arena looking pretty beat up after her match with Joey at “Field of Honor.” Her recovery was put on hold when Joey attacked from out of nowhere, slamming her into the wall and then kicking her until security pulled him off. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Remmy Skye was in the shower, singing his (off-key) heart out after his win. While he was distracted, Casey Valentine snuck in and stole his clothing and his bag, muttering under his breath, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“We’ll see if this steams up the Ice Man a little.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Backstage, Davis Wayne Newton and Jay Chord were close to blows over the fact that Hugh de Aske still had his Grand Championship. They blamed each other and finally, Jay suggested that they go out to the ring tonight to see who the better man really was. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) [B]DES DAVIDS & JOEY POISON vs. THE FOUNDATION (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] We must have hit a slump or something coming out of the PPV. This match stunk. No two ways about it. Part of the problem is that I can’t find gimmicks that stick for Mean Jean and Parker. Every time I try, I get immediately notes from Devorah that they’ve gone stale already. Sheesh. At any rate, Des took the brunt of the match, trying to deal with the Foundation. That proved to be the wrong strategy in this case. The Foundation simply overwhelmed him with dirty tricks. Finally, when he went to tag in Joey, he was shocked when Joey hopped off the ring apron and smirked at him. Des stared at his partner in shock but that quickly changed as Parker took him down with a Future Shock. WINNERS:[B] The Foundation [/B]in 7:42 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) The Foundation then cleared out of the ring as Joey Poison went back into the ring and kicked the ever living crap out of Des. He finally spit on Des and stomped out of the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What was that about?” [/COLOR]I asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I have no idea,” [/COLOR]the Rev replied. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 11) [B]JAY CHORD vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Jay and Davis to the rescue, even if it is too little, too late. Great match all around. The Rev said he could practically feel the hate radiating out of the ring as these two tore into each other. They seemed more interested in hurting each other than pinning each other. At one point, Jay drove Davis through the announce table. Jez, unsure of what else to do, kept the match going. Incredibly, Davis recovered and fought back, finally taking Jay down with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 9:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) Backstage, Mainstream Hernandez was helping Des Davids to the medics when, much to his (and everyone else’s) surprise, Alicia Strong came in through the door. Alicia smiled broadly at Mainstream, who nearly dropped Des to give her a hug. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I thought you weren’t coming back for another couple of weeks?” [/COLOR]he said. Alicia shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Technically I can’t come back full time until ‘Dangerous Days.’ If my doctors found out I came here, I think they’d have a coronary. How’re things here?”[/COLOR] Mainstream got her caught up to speed: Hugh being challenged by her ex-, Junior beating the Mercenaries, the Foundation raging out of control. Just then, Remmy Skye wandered by. Even though the cameras were carefully positioned, you could tell that Remmy was stark naked. He looked at the others, his face calm. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Any of you seen my clothes?”[/COLOR] Des and Mainstream shook their heads. Alicia watched Remmy wander off before turning back to Mainstream, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So things are pretty much normal, huh?”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 13) [B]HUGH de ASKE (c) vs. IZAAK TISCHLER [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Another good match. Maybe this and the previous will be enough to salvage the others (but I doubt it). At any rate, Hugh and Izaak really poured their hearts into this, taking each other to some great heights. The battle raged in the ring, around the ring, even up the ramp and back again. Hugh had apparently set aside his silliness and play-acting and showed everyone why he deserved to have the championship. About halfway through the match, the Rev asked me when I thought the Foundation would make its appearance. I said I figured any moment now. The Rev agreed. We were wrong, it turns out. The Foundation never showed their faces throughout the match. Instead, Izaak managed to catch Hugh cleanly in a Crucifix Slam and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 17:14 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) Now the Foundation came out of the back and they joined Izaak in stomping on Hugh as the show went to black. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not as bad as I thought, but still not as good as it should have been. We got a rating of 4.91. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Remmy Skye (c) defeated Citizen X to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]The Titans defeated the Mercenaries [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]The Foundation (c) defeated Des Davids & Joey Poison to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Hugh de Aske (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, December 2012[/I] Held at the Missouri State Armoury in the Mid West Territory 4,512 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone to the show. 1) Things started off with Hugh de Aske in the ring. He looked pretty upset. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Aye, Hugh be lower ‘an Davy Jones locker. Izaak Tischler made a fool o’ me and he beat me fair and square. And I’d like to get me title back, but I know from here on out, if I face Tischler, I be facing Parker and Cattley as well. “You know, me great-great-great-great grandmother, Charlotte Nefis, she faced a similar situation as this once. Surrounded by enemies, she knew she couldn’t fight her way free. So Nana Charlotte, she did the unthinkable. She parleyed with Henry Morgan, Stede Bonnet, and even Anne Bonny, and she made an alliance with her pirate rivals. “I be thinkin’ about Nana Charlotte a lot this week. That’s why I did the same thing.”[/COLOR] Out came the Latin Connection. Mainstream and Joanne got into the ring with Hugh and clapped him on the back. Hugh looked right into the camera. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Foundation, ye may be the oldest of the scurvy dogs here in the MWA, but you ain’t the toughest. Tonight, me mates and me are going to get a pound of flesh from you. Count on it.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) In a segment shot earlier today, Remmy Skye arrived at the armoury in a souped up sports car. I explained in a voice over that there’s a reason we’re showing the audience this footage... RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) ... it’s because Remmy’s car is no longer souped up. Instead, it’s been smashed up. Headlights busted, windshield cracked, damage all over. The camera pulled out to reveal Casey Valentine standing by with a sledgehammer hoisted over his shoulders. He smirked at the camera. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hope you can meet your deductible, Remmy,” [/COLOR]he said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Have a good match.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 4) [B]REMMY SKYE (c) vs. PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Remmy was in the ring watching the big screen and, maddeningly enough, he didn’t seem the least bit put out by what he saw. He just shrugged it off and then opened the show with a phenomenal match. He and Primus gelled in the ring. It wasn’t a matter of chemistry, everything just went right. Primus tried to destroy Remmy and even mocked him the few times he got him down, miming driving a car and then laughing at him. Remmy didn’t let that get to him. Eventually, Remmy took Primus down with a Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 9:35 RATING:[COLOR="Blue"] C+[/COLOR] 5) Joey Poison appeared on screen. The audience let him have it and apparently, he could hear him from the back. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I bet you’re all wondering why I ditched out on Des Davids last week, right? Well, I’ll tell you why. It’s the same reason why the fact you stupid hicks are booing me doesn’t bother me. I’ve stopped caring. “See, I’ve been here in the MWA since the beginning. When I came in, Scapino promised me fame and fortune, and where did I wind up? Hanging out on the lower card. Forgotten by the fans and by management. So I decided to take things into my own hands. I did something, and I’m not sorry I did.” “No?”[/COLOR] a voice put in. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You will be.”[/COLOR] Joey turned around and found himself face to face with Des Davids. The two of them glared at each other for a few moments before Des pointed out toward the ring. Joey laughed at him and said he’d be there. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) [B]SAM KEITH vs. ASH CAMPBELL[/B] Not a bad match (certainly not by Ash’s standards). Just not a great match either. Sam seemed very focused, very intense, very intent on ripping Ash to pieces. And he certainly did just that. Ash tried to use his speed to stay a step ahead of the veteran but in the end, Sam grounded him and got him to tap with the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 10:03 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Remmy Skye appeared on screen, standing out by his wrecked car. He picked it over before turning to the camera. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So let me see if I understand how this works, Casey. You humiliated me by stealing my clothes last week. You wreck my car this week. And all of this so I’ll blow my stack? I hate to disappoint you, but my themostat’s set too low. And really, if you think about it, this is kind of pathetic. You could be making a name for yourself and you’re settling for messing with me? Kinda pathetic, man. Kinda pathetic.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 8) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Joey was all over Steve and seemed more amused than worried throughout the match. He mocked Steve and played with him before finally putting him down. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 10:36 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Joey then got the mic and once again mocked Junior, pointing out that he was always going to be one step ahead of her. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. JOEY POISON[/B] I did not see this one coming. I thought that Joey would turn in a lackluster match. I’m pleasantly surprised. At first, Joey seemed ready to go toe-to-toe with Des. But the minute the bell rang, Joey was off. Turns out he was a little more scared of Des than he let on. Des had to chase him around the ring (both in and out) before Joey surprised him with a quick kick to the gut. Joey worked Des over for a little while before Des recovered and then it was off to the races again. Finally, Des tried to spear Joey but Joey was able to sidestep. Des almost collided with referee Jez McArthuer but managed to skid to a stop before they collided. Joey took advantage of the situation and snared Des by the trunks, rolling him up quickly (and keeping a handful of trunks for good measure). WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 10:18 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Joey Beauchamp was walking backstage when Junior appeared out of nowhere and beat the holy hell out of him, shrieking that she wasn’t afraid of him and wouldn’t back down. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) The Rev and I took a moment to catch our breaths and let people know that next week, Alicia Strong would be making her return to the MWA. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“She’s not off the injured list officially, but after her surprise visit last week, I felt we had to get her back in the arenas,”[/COLOR] I explained. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 13) [B]HUGH de ASKE & THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE FOUNDATION[/B] Not a bad way to finish off the show. Could have been better but not by much, in my estimation. Hugh, J-Ro, and Mainstream were focused and very intense whereas Tischler, Cattley, and Parker weren’t taking the situation seriously at all. They took a few moments to laugh at their opponents, especially showing off all the gold that they had stolen from them. Once the bell rang, it descended into a free-for-all. It took Jez a few minutes to wade through the combatants and order them to their separate corners, finally leaving Mainstream to face Izaak. The new Grand Champion really shone in this match. He seemed to be the Foundation’s go-to guy, the one who could be counted on to overwhelm his opponents with sheer power. The Rev grudgingly admitted his former protégé deserved to hold the title, even if his new attitude and new associates stunk. In the end, Izaak hit a Crucifix Slam on Mainstream for the pin and the win. WINNERS: [B]The Foundation [/B]in 17:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 14) The Foundation then tossed their broken and beaten opponents out of the ring and took a few moments to mock everyone, saying that they owned the MWA and wouldn’t stop doing as they pleased any time soon. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Hmmmm. That final match didn’t help as much as I thought it would. Oh well. I’m still proud of the work we did. We got a rating of 4.86. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Remmy Skye (c) defeated Primus Allen to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Sam Keith defeated Ash Campbell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Joey Poison defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]The Foundation defeated Hugh de Aske & the Latin Connection [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, December 2012[/I] Held at Centerpiece Bridge in the Mid Atlantic Territory 4,549 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic announces the main event for tonight: a six man elimination match between Davis Wayne Newton, Jay Chord, Hugh de Aske, Primus Allen, Mainstream Hernandez, and Sam Pratt. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“The winner of this match will go on to face Izaak Tischler for his MWA Grand Championship at ‘Dangerous Days!’”[/COLOR] I explained. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 2) [B]DES DAVIDS & THOMAS MORGAN vs. IZAAK TISCHLER & MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Speaking of the champ, he and one of his partners was all over Des and Thomas. Des didn’t have any better luck with this partner, but at least Thomas didn’t turn on him. Instead, Thomas wound up losing the match when Cattley caught him in a Mood Swing. WINNERS: [B]Izaak Tischler & Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 6:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) Izaak got the microphone and praised himself and his accomplishments. He said it was about time the MWA had a real champion again and not some cartoon character. He said that with Cattley and Parker to back him up, he wasn’t going to lose his title any time soon, no matter who won the main event. But tonight, they’d give people in the MWA a reminder of why they shouldn’t cross them. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 4) Backstage, Remmy Skye asks a few of the workers if any of them have seen Casey Valentine. They say they haven’t. Remmy looks momentarily perplexed but then it’s gone. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. JOEY POISON[/B] Joey once again put together a great match. I should have had this booked as the opener. At any rate, he destroyed J-Ro and finally finished her off with the Antidote Web. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 8:02 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) Joey got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“See? See what I was saying last week? I’ve got the skills! Why are they holding me back? Why...”[/COLOR] Joey’s eyes got wide and he threw down the mic. He quickly dove out of the ring just as Des Davids slid under the bottom rope. Joey hightailed it out of there while Des glared after him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 7) Steve Gumble was minding his business backstage when all three members of the Foundation blindsided him and beat him down. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) Junior came out to the ring and she gets into the ring, mic in hand. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So very clever, Joey Beauchamp. So clever in getting me to blow my stack. You pretend to work for my father, you press all the right buttons, and before I know it, I’m unconscious on the mat. And then you took great delight in rubbing my nose in how foolish I was. “Well, the joke is on you now. “If I thought you worked for my father, I might have held back. Out of respect for him. But now I see you for what you are: a clown. A vindictive, mean-spirited man. And best of all, my target. You think you have what it takes to get the Regional Championship? You’re welcome to try.”[/COLOR] Out came Joey Beauchamp. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sister, you got it. I’m going to bury you.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the resposne 9) [B]JUNIOR vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Joey stuck around to watch the fireworks. He left looking like he wished he hadn’t. It was an extremely short match. Before Bulldozer even knew what was happening, Junior was all over him and before anyone, us announcers included, knew what was happening, she had him down and tapping in the Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 3:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 10) Backstage I meet with Alicia Strong and sit down to chat with her about what she’s been up to since her last match with Jay Chord. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know, I thought it’d kill me: the extended absence from the MWA,” [/COLOR]she said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I really poured myself, heart and soul, into my job. It’s kinda what my dad did. And it almost ate me alive. “You saw how I was: driven, intense ... kinda like Junior is now. That’s all fine. Look at what I was able to accomplish. I’ve gone toe-to-toe with the men in the MWA and I’ve held the Grand Championship. I’m a trendsetter, a pioneer. “But it’s good to be back. And I...”[/COLOR] Her voice trailed off when she heard someone laughing. The camera swiveled around to reveal Davis Wayne Newton towering over us. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“A trendsetter? Please. All you’ve done since coming here is break people’s hearts and cause trouble. You’ve done nothing to deserve any acclaim; hell, the MWA’s been a much better place since you’ve been on the injured list. Why don’t you just go back to wherever it was you were and leave the real wrestlers to do their jobs?”[/COLOR] Anger smoldered in Alicia’s eyes for a moment and it appeared as if she were going to attack Davis. But she then laughed and grabbed a bottle of water. She smirked at him and unscrewed the cap, taking a big swig. Davis seemed a bit disappointed but shrugged and turned to leave. As he did, though, he “accidentally” jostled Alicia, who wound up dumping the rest of the bottle all over herself. She glared after him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 11) A video played, highlighting the bizarre feud between Casey Valentine and Remmy Skye. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) [B]REMMY SKYE (c) vs. FUMIHIRO OTA [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Remmy seemed a bit distracted throughout the match. It’s not that his face ever registered concern, but he kept glancing toward the big screen. The Rev commented that that was a good way for a champ to lose his title. Turns out he didn’t need to worry. If Remmy was indeed distracted, he didn’t let it effect his performance. After a really great match (one that made me worry about our main event), Remmy put Ota down with a Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 10:21 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. HUGH de ASKE vs. JAY CHORD vs. SAM PRATT vs. PRIMUS ALLEN vs. MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ [/B]to determine [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Crap. Should have seen this coming. It was a decent enough match, just outshone by Joey P. and Remmy’s. Jay seemed to assume that he was going to be the king of the match; he was the first one pinned by Davis Wayne Newton and counted out. No one seemed to mourn his quick eviction but Jay raged all the way up the ramp. Primus raged through the ring, leading the Rev to speculate that he could really be a force to contend with. But then Hugh struck quickly with a Skull and Cross Bones, taking Primus out of the match. Sam Pratt was eliminated next, and then Mainstream, leaving Davis and Hugh to duke it out. They put on a decent enough show, but just as it looked like Davis was pulling ahead and going to win it all, Alicia Strong hit the ring. Hugh saw her coming; Davis didn’t. Hugh smiled broadly and pretended to be injured badly. Poor Jez kept Davis away and tended to Hugh, leaving Alicia time to get into the ring and powerbomb Davis. Jez started to turn to see what was going on, but Hugh shoved past him and hit the Cut Throat Driver, getting the pin as Alicia barely made it out before getting caught. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 10:35 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 14) Hugh never got the chance to celebrate. Instead, the Foundation hit the ring and they took a few moments to dismember Hugh before Izaak dispatched him with a Crucifix Slam. And then Sam Keith’s music hit. Sam came out and said that he was sick and tired of the Foundation. He said that they were the jokes in the MWA. He pointed out that Cattley and Parker were floundering until he came along. He reminded them that it was his idea to bring in Izaak. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Basically, all this success you morons have right now is because of me. And since I created it, I’m going to destroy it.”[/COLOR] Next week, he revealed, he and his two partners would take on the Foundation in a six-man tag. And who are his partners? [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I decided to keep it in the family.”[/COLOR] That’s right, out came Matt and Greg Gauge. They stood proud with their father. The Gauges and their father stared down the Foundation, who shouted abuse at them as the show ended. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the attack and the alliance announcement [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I can’t seem to catch a break when it comes to the rhythm of these shows. We got a rating of 4.84. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler & Mean Jean Cattley defeated Des Davids & Thomas Morgan -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Joey Poison defeated Joanne Rodriguez -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Remmy Skye (c) defeated Fumihiro Ota to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Davis Wayne Newton, Mainstream Hernandez, Primus Allen, Jay Chord, and Sam Pratt to become [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]-[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, December 2012[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Dangerous Days”[/COLOR]) Held at Laurent Ballroom in the New England Territory 4,652 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone to the show. 1) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. JAY CHORD[/B] A pretty decent match. Not the best from either worker, but still a good way for things to get going. Jay seemed pretty steamed over the fact that he was the first to be eliminated last week. He did his best to bring Des down quick and hard. But Des was just as determined to prove he could beat Jay as well. “It’s almost like he’s seeing someone other than Jay in the ring,” the Rev observed. Whatever the case, Des’s offense eventually overwhelmed Jay and he took him down, getting him to tap out with an ankle lock. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 9:56 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 2) Des then got a mic. He said that Joey Poison was nothing but a coward, an opportunist who cheated to pick up his win. He dared Joey to get into the ring with him this Sunday. Joey came out and refused, saying that he had already beaten Des. “There’s nothing for me to prove anymore, and there’s nothing you or anyone else can do about it.” [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I wouldn’t be so sure about that,” [/COLOR]I got up from the announce table. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“True, Des can’t make that match. But I can. So what do all of you think?” [/COLOR]I asked the audience. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Des Davids vs. Joey Poison at ‘Dangerous Days?’”[/COLOR] The crowd screamed in approval. I shrugged and continued, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well, that’s that.” [/COLOR] Joey did not look happy. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the refusal and the match making 3) I wasn’t quite done yet. As the stage workers got a table out in the ring, I called Casey Valentine and Remmy Skye to join me. They did. Casey smirked at Remmy, who stared back impassively. I explained to the audience that Casey invoked his rematch clause for the Rising Star Title so he and Remmy would be facing off at “Dangerous Days.” I said that they would now sign the contract. Remmy went first. He stared at Casey, his face unreadable for a few moments, then signed the contract. He slid it across the table to Casey. Casey’s smirk grew bigger and he signed the contract as well. But before Remmy could leave, Casey held up a hand to stop him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I just wanted you to know, Remmy, I thought about what you said a few weeks ago. You’re right, stealing your clothes and wrecking your car was immature and pathetic. So I stepped up my game.”[/COLOR] He turned and pointed to the big screen, which lit up with grainy, blurry footage. It soon resolved to show Casey hiding in the bushes outside a house. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Recognize it?” [/COLOR]Casey taunted Remmy. By the look on Remmy’s face, he probably did. He had paled considerably. On screen, Casey snuck out of the bushes and knocked on the door. A female voice asked who it was. Casey said he had a delivery for Remmy Skye. Whoever was in the house said Remmy wasn’t there. Casey said that’s fine, he could give it to her as well. Casey then kicked open the door to reveal Beach Babe Bunnie, Remmy’s fiancé, inside. Bunnie shrieked and ran, Casey hot on her heels. The camera followed them through the house before Casey caught up with her. He snared her by the hair and shook her around before slamming her through a sheetrock wall. He stared down at her broken body and laughed. Back in the ring, Remmy’s face had gone tense but he still betrayed no emotions. Casey turned back to him and smiled broadly. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“See you on Sunday,”[/COLOR] he said, then casually strolled out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] for the contract signing; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the attack 4) [B]CITIZEN X vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] Just a throw-away match that I should have probably thrown away. Ota picked up the win with a Ninja Strike. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 7:37 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) Backstage the Gauges are pacing. Greg looks at his watch. He turns to Matt. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Where do you suppose Dad is?”[/COLOR] Matt shrugged, then came up short. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You don’t suppose he’s double-crossing us, do you?”[/COLOR] Greg shook his head. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“No way. He wants to kill Izaak Tischler.”[/COLOR] They paced a little longer before Matt finally suggested that they go find a phone. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] A good match that really stepped things up. Joey seemed a bit out of it at first, almost like his mind was elsewhere. Mainstream pressed his advantage and scored two near falls in quick succession. The second one helped Joey snap out of it. He came to life and fought back, finally taking Mainstream down and out. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 10:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) Greg was now pacing outside an office. Matt came out and looked grim. He informed Greg that Sam’s plane reservations had apparently been cancelled. He wasn’t going to make it tonight. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“How did that happen?” [/COLOR]Greg demanded. They heard a burst of laughter down the hall. The camera swivelled around to reveal Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker laughing at the Gauge Brothers. They asked where their partner was. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Nice, very nice,” [/COLOR]Greg said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We thought so,” [/COLOR]Parker said. The tag champs tried to walk past the Gauges, but the brothers stopped them. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We’re not done here,” [/COLOR]Matt said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You two really need an attitude adjustment. As far as I can tell, you two don’t have dance partners yet at ‘Dangerous Days,’ right?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So?” [/COLOR]Cattley responded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You do now.”[/COLOR] Cattley and Parker exchanged an incredulous look and burst out laughing again. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What makes you think you deserve to get into the same ring with us?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Simple: you’ll remember before you brought our dad in as a ringer, we were mopping the mat with you. Here’s your chance to prove you’re really better than us,” [/COLOR]Matt said. Once again, the champs exchanged glances and then shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Why not?” [/COLOR]Parker asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We’ll destroy you two tonight and then we’ll do it all again on Sunday. Hope you can find a partner for tonight or it’s going to be a rough match.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 8) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Davis was on fire. Thomas didn’t stand much of a chance. As a matter of fact, Davis spent most of the match toying with his opponent before finally putting him down and pinning him with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 7:57 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Davis didn’t hang out in the ring. He rolled out and rushed backstage, finding Alicia Strong waiting for him. Davis got in her face about how she helped him lose the match last week. He said he didn’t care what her doctors said, he wanted to face her in the ring this Sunday. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Then you’re in luck,” [/COLOR]Alicia said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I was just stopping by to let Scap know I’m medically cleared. You’re on.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) The Foundation made their entrance and went to the ring. The Gauges then came out and said that Cattley and Parker’s trickery was a minor inconvenience at best. They introduced their last minute partner for the match: none other than Hugh de Aske! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 11) [B]HUGH de ASKE & THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. THE FOUNDATION[/B] Izaak Tischler continues to impress the crowd. He looked to be a true champ, even as he let his team mates do most of the heavy lifting for the match. It was the usual formula: Greg got isolated from his corner so the heels could work him over. Matt and Hugh tried to get in to help him but every time Greg came close to tagging one of them in, he was pulled to the center of the mat for more punishment. Finally, Greg got away and managed to tag in Hugh. Hugh cleared house but was quickly taken out by Izaak Tischler. Matt blind-tagged his way in and almost got Izaak down and in the Proton Lock, but Izaak managed to slip out and took Matt out with a Crucifix Slam. WINNERS: [B]The Foundation [/B]in 15:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) With the match won, the Foundation celebrated in the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] With the show over, the Rev and I ran through the card for “Dangerous Days” -- [B]REMMY SKYE (c) vs. CASEY VALENTINE for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. THE FOUNDATION (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] ([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) DES DAVIDS vs. JOEY POISON ([COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR]) JUNIOR (c) vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]([COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR]) ALICIA STRONG vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON ([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) HUGH de ASKE vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR])[/B] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Sam was supposed to be in the main event but had legitimate travel issues. We got a rating of 4.51. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Des Davids defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Fumihiro Ota defeated Citizen X[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Mainstream Hernandez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]The Foundation defeated Hugh de Aske & the Gauge Brothers[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Friday of Week 3, December 2012 -[/I][/B] After sitting on the shelf for at least a year, Archangel has finally found himself a job. He signed a pay-per-appearance deal with Canadian Golden Combat. [B][I]Sunday of Week 3, December 2012 -[/I][/B] MAW has just risen to regional size. As always, predictions for the Pay-Per-View are more than welcome.

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to order [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Dangerous Days”[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR] exclusively on Pay-Per-View![/CENTER] 2012 is drawing to a close and the Midwest Wrestling Association is promising to go out with a bang! You’ll see the following matches – [B][I]Remmy Skye defends his [COLOR="Red"]MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR]against Casey Valentine -[/I][/B] Casey has upped the ante in his war against Remmy Skye. First he stole his clothing. Then he wrecked his car. And finally, he took out his fiancé. Has he finally crossed the line to make the Ice Man crack? Will that be enough to make Remmy falter? Or will Remmy’s cool facade carry him through the day? [B][I]The Gauge Brothers square off against the Foundation for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I][/B]- The Gauges and the Foundation have faced off in the past and the Gauges have come out on top. But the Foundation has shown signs of new life in it since Izaak Tischler joined them. Will that be enough for them to retain? Or will the Gauges hand them another humiliating defeat? [B][I]Des Davids takes on Joey Poison [/I][/B]- Joey Poison shocked everyone when he turned on Des Davids a few weeks ago. He has since beaten Des in the ring. Will he do it again? Or will Des reclaim some of his dignity in the squared circle? [B][I][COLOR="red"]MWA Regional Champion [/COLOR]Junior clashes with Joey Beuachamp with the title hanging in the balance[/I][/B] - Joey Beuachamp played Junior last month by pretending to work for her father. He has since revealed that it was a all a trick to get under Junior’s skin. But Junior says that tricks won’t help Joey this time. Does Joey have it in him to become the Regional Champ? Or will Junior retain her title again? [B][I]Davis Wayne Newton goes toe-to-toe with Alicia Strong [/I][/B]– Alicia is back and already in the thick of things with Davis Wayne Newton. He interrupted her interview a few weeks ago; she cost him a shot at the Grand Championship. Who will come out on top when these two face off against one another? [B][I]Hugh de Aske tries to recapture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]from Izaak Tischler [/I][/B]- Izaak surprised everyone by winning the Grand Championship from Hugh three weeks ago. Hugh managed to claw his way back up to the top of the heap a week ago. But will it be enough? Does the pirate have what it takes to become Grand Champion again? Or will the title remain firmly in the clutches of the Foundation? [CENTER][SIZE="3"]All this and so much more, this Sunday at[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Dangerous Days!”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"][I]Returning Home[/I][/SIZE] [B][I]Sunday of Week 3, December 2012[/I][/B] I stood in the middle of the ring in the Theatre of Dreams and I couldn’t help but smile. I looked at the rows of empty seats, hopefully soon to be full with fans. It felt like I had come home. Oh, sure, I still lived in Edina. And I never lived in the Northwest Territory. But for some reason, I felt a connection with this space. When I was the head booker with the SWF, we had come here regularly. The last time I had worked a show in this space, Archangel had faced off against Marc DuBois, the newly crowned SWF World Heavyweight Champion. It felt like a lifetime ago. Someone cleared their throat behind me. I spun on my heel, ready to rip whoever it was a new one. I had left explicit instructions that I wanted a few moments alone. The tongue-lashing died in my mouth when I saw who it was. My smile grew wider. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And how long have you been standing there?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“About five minutes.”[/COLOR] I chuckled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I can’t be that interesting to watch.” “I don’t know. It felt good seeing you in the middle of the ring.”[/COLOR] We embraced. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It’s been too long,” [/COLOR]I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It has.” “Are you ready?”[/COLOR] A smile that matched mine. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“They won’t know what hit them.”[/COLOR]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Dangerous Days”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Sunday of Week 3, December 2012[/I] Held at the Theatre of Dreams in the North West Territory 9,500 in attendance; Buy-rate of 0.72[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic reminded everyone that tonight’s main event would be Izaak Tishcler defending the Grand Championship against Hugh de Aske. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) Casey Valentine came out to the ring, full of swagger. He said that he had done it. He said that he had finally rattled the Ice Man. He predicted that tonight, he would take the Rising Star Title from Remmy. And to remind everyone why, he introduced a video that highlighted the many ways that Casey has tried to get under Remmy’s skin, culminating with the attack on Remmy’s fiancé. And then Remmy’s music hit. Casey smirked as Remmy came out with a mic of his own. Remmy stared at the ring impassively for a few moments, his face still not betraying any emotions. He finally raised the mic to his lips. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Casey, I don’t know what I did to offend you. I don’t know why you’ve taken it upon yourself to be such a nuisance. But that ends tonight. When you attacked Bunnie, you crossed a line. And now I’m going to finish this.”[/COLOR] The fact that Remmy still didn’t betray any emotion made this even creepier and clearly unnerved Casey. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] for the promo; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the video; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for Remmy’s speech 3) [B]REMMY SKYE (c) vs. CASEY VALENTINE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] It’s good to be in the Theatre again. I can only hope this is just the beginning of a good night. The match left Remmy tired but it was hard to read that on him. He managed to remain passive, even as Casey took early control of the match. Casey battered Remmy around and dared him to at least crack a smile or frown a little or something. At first, Casey found Remmy’s continued blank look funny, especially as he came close to pinning him a number of times. But halfway through the match, that changed. Casey started to lose his cool, screaming at Remmy to at least acknowledge that he felt something. Now he wasn’t so interested in winning the title; instead, he was more interested in getting Remmy to react to something, anything, and Remmy simply wouldn’t. Casey finally snapped and started beating on Remmy. Referee Jez McArthuer finally managed to rein him in and Casey made another pin attempt fifteen minutes into the match. And Remmy kicked out. Even as Remmy started to fight back, he didn’t betray any emotions on his face. He remained calm as he blocked a few punches from Casey and responded with some of his own, finally setting off a chain of offense that ended with Remmy getting taken down with a Skye Driver. Only after Remmy pinned Casey did his facade crack. He offered Casey the barest hint of a grin before rolling out of the ring and heading to the back. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 18:26 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Joey Beauchamp appeared on the big screen and announced that everyone was looking at the next MWA Regional Champion. He promised that Junior’s dreams of glory were going to quickly become a nightmare. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5) Backstage, Sam Keith found his sons. Greg and Matt were visibly upset over what happened earlier this week when they faced the Foundation. Sam apologized for missing the match, blaming the delay on the Foundation. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I don’t know how they did it, but they somehow got my travel agent to delay my flight. But here’s a valuable lesson, boys. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.” “Thank you, Captain Cliche,”[/COLOR] Greg muttered, only to have Sam smack him across the back of his head. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What I mean is this,” [/COLOR]Sam continued. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I took the opportunity to do some calling around and I think I may have found us some help. An old friend of mine’s been watching what’s happening here and he wants to intervene. This past Thursday, I hammered out all the details.” “That doesn’t do us much good tonight, Dad,”[/COLOR] Matt pointed out. Sam looked between his sons and put his hands on the back of their necks. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Listen to me. I may have been rough on you in the past, but that’s only because I’m proud of you. You two are incredible in the ring and, as much as I hate to admit it, you’re going to both surpass me. Now go out there and make your old man proud. Show Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker what it means to mess withe the Gauges.”[/COLOR] Matt and Greg looked a little heartened by their father’s words and left the locker room. Sam watched them go and then left himself, only to run into Jay Chord. Jay apparently overheard what Sam had said and didn’t appreciate the idea of Sam bringing anybody into the MWA to “handle” the Foundation. Jay complained bitterly that things were crowded enough as they were, which meant that “truly deserving wrestlers” were being left to rot on the side line. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I suppose you’re one of those ‘truly deserving wrestlers?’”[/COLOR] Sam asked. When Jay nodded, Sam chuckled and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Look, Jay, nobody’s going to overlook you. I mean, you’re Rip Chord’s son, for cryin’ out...”[/COLOR] He didn’t get the chance to finish his statement. Jay slammed him against the wall. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’m sick of that!” [/COLOR]Jay roared. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Everywhere I go, people remind me who my dad is. Like I could ever forget! When are people going to start seeing me as my own man? Huh?”[/COLOR] Sam shoved Jay away. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Maybe when you stop acting like such a petulant child and learn some manners.”[/COLOR] Jay took a step closer so he was nose-to-nose with Sam. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You think you can teach me Keith? Then bring it on.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the pep talk; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the argument 6) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. THE FOUNDATION (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] So I guess this is the moment the workers decided would be a good chance for the audience to go to the restrooms or something. The Gauges put up a good fight but after a pretty standard back-and-forth match, Parker dropped Greg with a set of brass knuckles passed to him by Cattley. WINNERS: [B]The Foundation [/B]in 12:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Hugh de Aske appeared on screen. He moped about a bit, saying that he had truly fallen on hard times. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ve lost me title, I’ve lost match after match after match. Some might say I have no reason to go on. “But there still be hope, mateys. I’m not about to quit, not tonight, not for a long time. Izaak, I’m comin’ for ye.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. JOEY POISON[/B] Now we’re getting back on track. I hope we can maintain this level of quality. Once again, Joey cut and run when he saw Des coming. Only this time, the cowardice turned out to be an act. Des was suckered in, running headlong into a vicious attack by Joey. Des managed to recover, but Joey was all over him for most of the match, finally taking him down with an Antidote Web. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 11:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 9) Junior now appeared on screen and mocked Joey Beauchamp, saying that he was nothing more than a clown and a pretender. She said that he might think he has what it takes to beat her, but he was sadly mistaken and she would prove it in just a little while. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) Davis Wayne Newton was lifting some weights, warming up for his match against Alicia. He finally dropped them with a satisfied grunt and flexed, taking a moment to kiss one bicep before heading out the door. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 11) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Davis looked pretty ****y going into this match. He didn’t stay that way for long. Alicia’s absence didn’t result in any ring rust. If anything, she seemed more focused and intense. It was a great back-and-forth battle between these two. Davis was taken down a peg or two within the opening moments as Alicia tripped him up and tried to get him into the Strong Arm Tactic. He quickly shimmied over to the ropes and forced a break, but you could see the surprise in his expression. The momentum swung wildly back and forth between these two as the match progressed with each one of them scoring nearfalls. Finally, Davis tried to get Alicia set up for the Fisherman’s Suplex. She slipped out of the hold and responded with a vicious swinging neckbreaker the Rev said Alicia calls “the Strong Interaction.” WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 19:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) Alicia celebrated her victory, although it looked like she might have been a little tired. But before anyone knew what was happening, someone vaulted the security railing, slid under the bottom ropes, and attacked her. It took the Rev and I a few moments to pick our jaws up off the floor. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I don’t believe it! What is she doing here?” [/COLOR]the Rev demanded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well, it is her home town,” [/COLOR]I pointed out. [CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/scapino1974/TEW2005/WandaFish.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That doesn’t excuse this behavior!” [/COLOR]the Rev snapped. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You’d think [B]Wanda Fish [/B]would know better!”[/COLOR] That’s right, Alicia was taken down by Wanda Fish! Wanda hit a Dish of the Day and then put Alicia in the Blonde Ambition, screaming obscenities at Alicia the whole time. She finally released the hold and got out of there before security could get their hands on her. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) Backstage, Remmy Skye has changed into his street clothes and is headed out of the building. Before he can leave, though, he’s intercepted by Joey Poison. Joey is pretty full of himself after his match and says that if anyone is a rising star in the MWA, it’s him. He wants to prove it next week on “Firestorm.” Remmy shrugs and says it’s fine with him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 14) A video played, hyping the feud between Junior and Joey Beauchamp. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 15) [B]JUNIOR (c) vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] I think we may be on a roll. I’m hoping that I didn’t just jinx myself by thinking that, but this was another great match. Even though Junior and Joey don’t click, they still put on a great match. Joey seemed a little nervous getting into the ring with the very intense Junior, but he held his own for most of the match. Sure, he had to resort to some underhanded tricks here and there, but a lot of what he did with Junior was the result of skill, not tricks. But Junior simply couldn’t be beaten. Joey barely got a two count on her and he could only do that once. Otherwise, Junior was unstoppable. After weathering his assault, Junior fought back and took him down finally with the Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 16:03 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 16) Izaak Tischler now weighed in, informing everyone that he had finally come into his own, he was the most dominant wrestler in the MWA, and he wasn’t going to give up his title to Hugh or anyone else. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 17) [B]SAM KEITH vs. JAY CHORD[/B] I knew I jinxed myself earlier. This one just stunk. Jay and Sam clearly weren’t on the same page as each other for most of the match. There were a few obvious botched spots and I think most of the crowd decided to take another break at this point. Jay finally put everyone out of their misery with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 13:47 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 18) Sam wobbled to his feet and offered to shake Jay’s hand. Jay laughed at him and stormed out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 19) A video played, highlighting both Hugh and Izaak, focusing on their strengths as wrestlers. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 20) [B]HUGH de ASKE vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] We started strong. We end with not a bang, not a whimper either, but not as strong as we could have. It was a decent match all around, but certainly not main event worthy, not after the truly great matches we saw earlier. Hugh and Izaak mixed it up. Hugh, oddly, played things pretty straight, not resorting to tricks or traps whereas Izaak seemed more than happy to use them himself. In the end, Hugh succumbed to a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 29:38 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 21) Izaak celebrated his win as the show ended. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] With three great matches, you would think we would have done better. But I suppose the closing two matches didn’t help any. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Dangerous Days”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Remmy Skye (c) defeated Casey Valentine to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]The Foundation (c) defeated the Gauge Brothers to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Joey Poison defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Junior (c) defeated Joey Beauchamp to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Sam Keith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Hugh de Aske to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, December 2012[/I] Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid South Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone to the show. 1) Things started off with Wanda Fish in the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"That's right, I'm back in the States. Now, some of you may wonder why I did what I did. Why did I come slumming to the MWA and stick my nose into the middle of this mess? It's because of Alicia Strong. "Did you hear the crap that she was spewing a few weeks ago? She called herself a pioneer and a trailblazer. She talked about how she held the MWA Grand Championship and was willing to go toe-to-toe with any man. "Well, let me tell you something, sister, you aren't a pioneer. You're just walking the trail I blazed before you. And I did it against tougher wrestlers than these indie-league amateurs and for higher stakes. In short, I came here to put Alicia in her place."[/COLOR] Alicia apparently heard enough. She charged out of the back and attacked Wanda. The two of them brawled in the middle of the ring for a while before officials came out and separated them. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) The Rev commented that Wanda probably should have saved her energy. Tonight she's facing Joanne Rodriguez in the main event, after all. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) I went on to explain that Joey Poison was supposed to take on Remmy Skye for the Rising Star Title but he was ... well, indisposed. I introduced a video clip, saying that it would explain everything. In the video, we saw Joey arrive at the arena earlier in the afternoon. Before he could take two steps into the building, Des Davids attacked him and beat the tar out of him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) Remmy Skye was approached backstage by Sam Keith. Sam said it was too bad that Joey got taken out. He was looking forward to seeing Remmy take on Joey and shutting the little punk up. Remmy didn't visibly react to the praise but then asked how Matt and Greg was doing. Sam wasn't too pleased about that. He said that I had given them the night off. Sam grumbled something about the Foundation needing to be put in their place as well. Remmy agreed, insulting the Foundation by saying that Steven Parker and Mean Jean Cattley were two losers who simply got lucky that Rip Chord hadn't found better workers on the East Coast. Sam laughingly agreed with him. Then the camera shifted around to reveal that the Foundation had overheard everything and did not look happy. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 5) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] We finally got to our opening match and it did pretty well. Steve surprised everyone by being all over Ota. He finally got Ota to submit using a lifting chicken wing hold. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 8:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) Izaak Tischler came out to the ring and really talked himself up. He said that he was the best thing that ever happened to the MWA. He basically made it sound like he was a living legend, a future hall-of-famer. Apparently Jay Chord disagreed with Izaak's assessment of his skills. He came out and trash talked Izaak for a while before finally demanding that the two of them meet in the ring later tonight for the title. Izaak said his dance card was empty. He invited "junior" to bring it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the self-hype and the argument 7) [B]SAM KEITH vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] This was a really good match and showcased both men's styles. The Rev grudgingly admitted that the "Triple Threat" was perhaps the only person on the roster who could match Sam Keith for technical wrestling, which made him all the more dangerous in this instance. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Sam works a mostly technical match, but Davis can switch it up on him at any time. It's hard to fight an opponent like that."[/COLOR] Apparently Sam did have troubles. Davis finally took Sam down with a Fisherman's Suplex for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 10:29 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) Primus Allen came out to the ring. He said that he heard that Joey Poison was out of commission for the night. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Too damn bad."[/COLOR] He said he was willing to give Remmy a fight if the Rising Star was looking for one. Remmy came out and accepted the challenge. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) [B]REMMY SKYE (c) vs. PRIMUS ALLEN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Remmy had his hands full with this one. Primus was dangerous in the ring, not only relying on power but on his incredible quickness to keep the Rising Star on his toes. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"But if anyone can keep his cool in such a dangerous situation, it's Remmy Skye," [/COLOR]I pointed out. Remmy didn't disappoint. He didn't let any frustration bleed through his calm exterior. He weathered some of Primus's assaults but just as often managed to slip through Primus's power moves or simply redirect them. The Rev confidently predicted that Remmy would walk out of the ring with the title. But that's when the Foundation hit the ring. While Steven Parker distracted referee Shane Stones by hopping up on the apron, Mean Jean Cattley came in from the other side and took Remmy out with a Mood Swing. Jean then got out of there, allowing Primus to pick up Remmy and add insult to injury by hitting him with a Running Powerslam. Shane turned and saw Primus make the pin and made the count. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 10:33 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) The Foundation wasn't done. They got into the ring and set the boots to Remmy, stomping him for a few minutes before Jean spit on him and Parker kicked him in the face. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 11) [B]JAY CHORD vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] The hits just keep on coming! Another excellent match tonight. Jay didn't wait for the bell to sound before he charged Izaak and attacked the champ, keeping after him with punches and jabs that Izaak had to bail out of the ring and storm around it, complaining to referee Jez McArthuer to keep better control of the match. Jay glared at Izaak but waited calmly for him to get back in the ring. When Izaak finally did, it was on. The two traded some really stiff blows, most of which caused the audience to cheer in approval. Jay came close to winning a few times, finally dropping the champ with an implant DDT. But Izaak somehow managed to keep kicking out. Even after receiving the DDT, he managed to pop his shoulder up at what the Rev called "two and seven-eighths." Izaak fought back and finally took Jay down with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 13:28 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) Izaak celebrated in the ring when the arena went dark. The big screen flickered to life and ghostly text scrawled across, accompanied by an ominous voice: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Tischler, your time is limited. I have been summoned and I shall set all things right. Be forewarned."[/COLOR] When the lights came up, Izaak looked pretty spooked. He quickly rolled out of the ring and retreated up the ramp. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) Joanne Rodriguez appeared on screen and said that she wasn't worried about facing Wanda tonight. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"I've fought her before. I've won some, she's won some. And I know, she's the big bad, pioneering whatever. Doesn't matter because she's not reciting her resume tonight. Instead, she's facing me."[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 14) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. WANDA FISH[/B] Great cap to an excellent show. Wanda and J-Ro really tore up the ring tonight, even though it was a pretty one-sided fight. Wanda dominated J-Ro, who only managed to get in some token offense. Wanda finally took her down with the Dish of the Day. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 8:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [U][B]THE AFTERMATH[/B][/U] We got a rating of 5.10 with this one. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Steve Gumble defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Sam Keith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Remmy Skye (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Jay Chord to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Joanne Rodriguez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [CENTER]December 31st, 2012 The Garrison Minneapolis, Minnesota[/CENTER] I could hardly believe it. Two years had gone by. It felt good. It felt right. It felt ... frustrating. Someone had hidden my copy of “Pro Wrestling Hits Magazine.” Either that or I had lost it somewhere on my desk. I could hear the party my wrestlers were having outside in the arena. I knew they’d want me to come out and join them before midnight. I wanted to be there too. But I also knew that my copy of PWHM was supposed to be waiting for me and I wanted to see the year end awards. My cell phone rang and I plucked it from my belt, grumbling under my breath about inopportune interruptions. I glanced at the time before I answered. 11:45 PM. Still enough time to find the magazine, skim the results, and get back to the party. It sounded like things were beginning to pick up. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What?” [/COLOR]I snapped into the phone. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Hello, Scap. Do you mind if I call you that?”[/COLOR] I froze. I had never spoken to this individual before but I recognized his voice immediately. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Absolutely, Mr. Stone. Call me whatever you like.”[/COLOR] Dan Stone chuckled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“No need for such sycophantic behavior. But Mr. Stone will do just fine.”[/COLOR] My mind reeled for a moment. Dan Stone’s North of the Border Professional Wrestling was the king of the mountain right now, the only promotion to bounce back after the Extreme Deluxe fiasco and make it to global. We were ants compared to him. Why would he be calling me? A crazy idea occurred to me. Two years ago, I was offered the money to start the MWA. I had never met my mysterious benefactor. Could it possibly be ... Dan Stone? [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What can I do for you?” [/COLOR]I managed to choke out. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I just wanted to congratulate you. I, of course, received a copy of PWHM early so I’ve known of your coups for a few days now. You are apparently the one to watch. I doubt that Richard and Thomas are feeling quite so charitable right now but then, they’ve always been a bit petty, don’t you think?” “Yes sir.” “Happy New Years, Scapino. I hope 2013 treats you as well.”[/COLOR] With that, he was gone. I stared at my cell phone. So was he my benefactor? Maybe. Who knows? All I knew for sure was that I still hadn’t found my copy of PWHM and now I really wanted to. Convinced it had somehow disappeared from my office, I joined the party. The Rev was manning the bar, pouring everyone champagne. Small clusters orbited the ring, people chatting and laughing. Only Des and Hugh were missing. They were off working for other promotions. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Have you seen my copy of PWHM?” [/COLOR]I asked. There was a twinkle in the Rev’s eyes that quickly disappeared. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I think I saw it with Wanda a few minutes ago.”[/COLOR] Wanda? [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Do you know where she is?”[/COLOR] The Rev shook his head. I ground my teeth. I hopped up on a chair. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Have any of you seen Wanda lately?”[/COLOR] Alicia giggled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“She’s in the booking office.”[/COLOR] What the heck would she be doing in there? The booking office was a small room tucked away from the rest of the arena. We called it the booking office because it was where we booked most of our travel arrangements and hotels; Paulie refused to run a phone line back to my office, the little twerp. I ducked down the corridor that led to the locker rooms, passed those, and came to the banged-up metal door. My annoyance was beginning to flare into anger... ... but that quickly died when I stepped into the booking office. Wanda looked phenomenal. She had done up her hair in a way that accentuated her slender neck and cheekbones. A black sheathe dress clung to every curve. A half dozen candles were spread out through the room, casting a soft glow on the cinderblock walls. Even though I knew Paulie hadn’t insulated this part of the building, it suddenly felt about ten degrees hotter. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Looking for this?” [/COLOR]she asked, waving the magazine at me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Uh ... yeah,” [/COLOR]I said, not entirely sure that I had been. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “What’s ... what’s this?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Well, it is New Years and I seem to recall there’s a tradition that you should kiss someone at midnight.” [/COLOR]She stepped closer to me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I just wanted to carry out that tradition privately.” [/COLOR]Her arms wound around my neck. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Is that okay with you?”[/COLOR] Suddenly I didn’t care what the stupid magazine had to say.

[I][SIZE="3"]Year End Review[/SIZE][/I] Well, that’s not entirely true. The next morning ... actually, afternoon ... I went back to the booking office and found the magazine. Suddenly I understood why Dan Stone had called me. [B]WRESTLER OF THE YEAR:[/B] Jeremy Stone [B]YOUNG WRESTLER OF THE YEAR[/B]: [COLOR="Red"]Junior[/COLOR] [B]VETERAN WRESTLER OF THE YEAR:[/B] Raul Hughes [B]FEMALE WRESTLER OF THE YEAR:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Alicia Strong[/COLOR] [B]PROMOTION OF THE YEAR:[/B] NOTBPW [B]MOST IMPROVED PROMOTION OF THE YEAR:[/B] [COLOR="red"]The MWA[/COLOR] [B]MATCH OF THE YEAR:[/B] Dan Stone Jr. vs. Jeremy Stone at NOTBPW Summer Smash [B]SHOW OF THE YEAR:[/B] NOTBPW Summer Smash in August Alicia and Junior making awards? I was actually more excited to see that than the overall nab of “Most Improved.” The Top 100 Wrestlers held two major surprises. Not in the top 10, though... 1) Jeremy Stone 2) Eisaku Kunomasu 3) Yoshimi Mushashibo 4) Duane Stone 5) Dan Stone Jr. 6) Axxis Jr. 7) Tommy Cornell 8) Tadiuki Kikkawa 9) Bryan Vessey 10) Buddy Garner The fact that the Stones dominated the top five didn’t surprise me. But finding Alicia Strong jumping to #20 did. More surprising was that Junior made an appearance at #75. This would make the next Firestorm very interesting.

[QUOTE=Scapino1974;248193][COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Well, it is New Years and I seem to recall there’s a tradition that you should kiss someone at midnight.” [/COLOR]She stepped closer to me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I just wanted to carry out that tradition privately.” [/COLOR]Her arms wound around my neck. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Is that okay with you?”[/COLOR] [/QUOTE] Giggerty :) Im sorry.. I had to

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 1, January 2013[/I] Held at McGaw Arena in the Tri State Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things kicked off with a video, hyping the fact that the only place you can see Alicia Strong and Junior is right here on the MWA! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 2) Wanda Fish did not look happy backstage. She stormed away from a monitor, shoving backstage workers out of her way, when she rounded a corner and found Alicia Strong perched on a stack of crates, reading the latest issue of Pro Wrestling Hits Magazine. Alicia obviously ignored her, then gave her a fake smile. She asked if Wanda had seen it yet. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And look at that. Who’s the best woman wrestler for 2012? Not Wanda Fish ... but me. Wanda, you may have been the trailblazer and the pioneer. And I know you were the best woman wrestler in 2007 and 2008. I don’t deny that. But you’re old news now,” [/COLOR]Alicia said. Wanda was fuming. She got in Alicia’s face and said that she was better than Alicia in every way. She said she has always been able to kick ass while still remaining an attractive, desirable woman. And she said she’d prove it tonight. She challenged Alicia to a bikini contest. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. THOMAS M[/B]ORGAN Not the best of opening matches but hopefully things will get better from here. Thomas put up a decent fight but finally got taken down by Steve. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 9:34 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Izaak Tischler was backstage with Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker. He looked particularly strung out. He said that he heard a rumor that whatever clown Sam Keith found to “deal” with them was going to be in the building tonight. He said that was no biggie, he expected to face challengers after he won the title. But he wanted to “even the playing field a little.” He instructed Jean and Parker to watch the back entrance and beat the holy hell out of any wrestlers who walks in and they don’t recognize. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) [B]CITIZEN X vs. PRIMUS ALLEN (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Ouch. This one hurt us. Part of it is because it’s X’s last match with us (our roster is running a bit bloated right now and I don’t have much for him to do), so I had Primus just wipe the mat with him. Whatever the case, the Running Powerslam that capped off X’s MWA career was a blessing. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 6:49 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 6) Sam Pratt came out to the ring. He admitted that he’s been on the shelf for a while but he was bound and determined to mix things up, starting tonight. He said that he was glad to see Junior listed as the Young Wrestler of the Year. He said that what better way to prove that he means business than to challenge her for the MWA Regional Championship. Junior came out to the ring entrance and told Sam that he would regret his courage. She then smiled and blew a kiss at him, which only seemed to unnerve Sam more. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring next. He said it was his privilege to host the bikini contest between Alicia and Wanda. Wanda came out first and strutted her stuff. The Rev commented that I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. I politely asked the Rev to cram his headset somewhere safe. Then Alicia came out and revealed her outfit. By the audience reaction, she was clearly the favorite. Davis ratified the decision by declaring Alicia the winner. He didn’t let her leave the ring, though. He said that he was glad she won, because that meant they could be in the ring together, the same ring where Alicia humiliated him before a national audience a few weeks earlier at Dangerous Days. He said he owed her something for that... and then nearly knocked her senseless with a short-arm clothesline. He then signaled toward the back and referee Jez McArthuer joined him in the ring. Much to the Rev’s and my disgust, Jez called for the opening bell and started a match RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the bikini contest; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the attack 8) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I really hope the FCC isn’t watching this match too closely,” [/COLOR]the Rev observed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Has anyone ever wrestled a match in a bikini before?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Not outside certain establishments in Vegas,” [/COLOR]I commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"And I think there's some clown who calls himself Vikki Victoria who might have, but beyond that, I don't think so."[/COLOR] Thankfully, Alicia’s double-sided tape held out through a great match. Davis went for an easy win, trying to capitalize on Alicia’s shock at suddenly being in a match. But Alicia quickly recovered her wits and fought back, bringing Davis’s offense to a stand-still. Even more humiliating for Davis was the fact that Alicia took time to flirt with some of the folks at ringside, blowing kisses and even shaking her butt at them before finally getting Davis to tap out with a Strong Arm Tactic. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 11:59 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) Backstage, Jean and Parker were watching the back door when they spotted Junior. They mocked her for a moment or two, but she lit into them, cutting them both down by pointing out that she made it on the Top 100 Wrestlers list whereas they were nowhere to be seen. She said that she was the future of the industry and that all they were were overpaid doormen. She stomped off, leaving Parker and Jean furious. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So what are we gonna do?” [/COLOR]Parker asked. Jean thought about it then slapped Parker on the chest. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We teach her a lesson.”[/COLOR] They left their post and when the camera swung around to point at the door, we saw it slam shut as if someone had just snuck in. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) Casey Valentine was in the ring. He said that as much as he hated to admit it, his bid to become the Rising Star didn’t pan out. But that’s okay, because he came to a revelation recently: he’s bigger than the Rising Star Title. He has his sites set on Regional gold. He said that it didn’t matter who won the match tonight between Junior and Sam Pratt. He would be the next in line to go after the gold. He was cut off as Hugh de Aske came out. Hugh seemed a little sheepish, admitting that he lost to Izaak. But he said that perhaps it was time for him to take it easy a little ... by also going after the Regional Championship. Casey said the line formed behind him, to which Hugh sagely replied, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Not if I scuttle ye first, Valentine.”[/COLOR] And with that, Hugh charged the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) [B]HUGH de ASKE vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] These two sadly did not click in the ring, but you know, it wasn’t that bad of a match. A few missed spots, a few times where things could have been great but only came off as good. At any rate, Hugh took Casey to school, knocking him around the ring and coming close to pinning him a few times. But Casey surprised everyone by using a leglock variant, using the ropes for leverage, to get Hugh to tap out. WINNER: [B]Casey Valentine [/B]in 8:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) Casey celebrated his win by going from post to post and posing. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) [B]SAM PRATT vs. JUNIOR (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Maybe we should have fired Sam instead of X. This just stunk and, truth be told, I’ve never been that satisfied with Sam’s performance. At any rate, Junior really took the fight to Sam and it seemed obvious that Sam was pulling his punches. Junior looked poised to win when she and Sam accidentally ran over Shane Stones, knocking both the ref and Sam out. In the confusion, Steven Parker hit the ring and took out Junior with a Future Shock. When the ref came to, Sam recovered first. He didn’t seem to know what happened, but he hit the Squid Buster and made the pin all the same. WINNER: [B]Sam Pratt [/B]in 8:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 14) Mean Jean was waiting for Parker backstage when they were found by Izaak. Izaak told them to fall in, it was time to call out the mystery man. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 15) Izaak was in the ring with Parker and Jean standing guard near the ring entrance. Izaak got the mic and addressed whoever it was that was threatening him. He said that he wasn’t afraid of whoever it was. As a matter of fact, he was willing to face whoever it was right now in a street fight for the title. He rolled up his sleeves and tossed the belt to the side. He waited, shadow boxing for a minute or two. He then started laughing and said that he thought so. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It’s all been a bluff by Sam Keith. The loser thought he could play mind games with us. He was wrong. There’s nothing...”[/COLOR] And the lights went out. The big screen flickered to life. And once again, an ominous voice read a series of blood-red words that scrolled across the screen. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Izaak Tischler, the voices of your victims cry out for justice. For too long, you have mocked them. Your crimes have gone unanswered. But now, you face judgment. You face your destiny. “You face Vengeance.”[/COLOR] The lights came up to reveal a figure standing in the ring entrance, backlit through a bank of fog. When the smoke cleared, the Rev freaked out. [CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/scapino1974/TEW2005/SkullDeBones.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It is! It’s [B]Vengeance[/B]!”[/COLOR] Vengeance (better known as Skull DeBones, but oddly, Richard Eisen wouldn’t return my calls about using that trademarked name) stood there for a second. By the look on Izaak’s face, it wouldn’t surprise me if the Grand Champion had wet himself. Vengeance then charged the ring. Jean and Parker tried to intercept him, but Vengeance easily smashed them out of the way. The minute Vengeance touched the ring rope, Izaak bailed out of there, fleeing back up the ramp while Vengeance stared him down. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Kind of a weird night. I don’t regret getting rid of X, but Sam’s lackluster performance has me a bit frustrated. I also thought Vengeance’s debut would have blown the roof off the arena. Oh well. We still got a rating of 4.06. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Steve Gumble defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen (c) defeated Citizen X to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Casey Valentine defeated Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Sam Pratt defeated Junior (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 2, January 2013[/I] Held at the Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory 3,976 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A video played, hyping the arrival of Vengeance to the MWA. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) When the video ended, the cameras cut to the backstage, where Izaak Tischler and Mean Jean Cattley challenged both Vengeance and his buddy, Sam Keith, to a match tonight. They said that Vengeance’s career was about to be cut tragically short. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. REMMY SKYE[/B] A good opening match with a great back-and-forth battle between these two. What made it particularly fun was the fact that there was no real animosity between Remmy and Des. They were, as the Rev put it, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“just out to put on a great show for the fans.” [/COLOR]At one point, Des even stopped to applaud Remmy’s efforts. That elicited the barest hint of a smirk from Remmy, one that was quickly swallowed by his stony face. In the end, Des took Remmy down and made him tap with an ankle lock. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 7:26 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Alicia Strong appeared on screen and taunted Wanda Fish, pointing out that she did something that Wanda Fish has never done: made a man tap out while in a bikini. She said that she’d love to show highlights from the match, but the network wouldn’t allow it. She suggested that Wanda just hang it up and forget about it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. PRIMUS ALLEN (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] A surprisingly great match. These two really tore it up, with Greg managing to keep up (for the most part) with Primus. He even managed to get the Rising Star down and started to get him into the Proton Lock. But before Greg could get it completely locked in, though, Primus powered his way out and took over, battering Greg around the ring and finally finishing him off with a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 8:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) Primus wasn’t done yet. He stomped on Greg a few times and then threw in the top of one of the ring steps. He then hefted Greg up for another Running Powerslam, obviously getting ready to smash him onto the steps. But before he could, Steve Gumble charged in and saved the day, pulling Greg off of Primus’s shoulders. When Primus turned to face Greg’s rescuer, Steve drop-kicked him so he landed back-first onto the steps himself. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 7) A camera caught sight of Junior arguing with Steven Parker about something backstage but the crew was too far away to pick up their voices. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Wanda Fish came out to the ring with Davis Wayne Newton in tow. Wanda was wearing a robe. She said that she couldn’t let Alicia’s previous comments stand, so she asked for Davis’s help. Davis seemed a bit confused as to what was going on but waited patiently. Wanda said that as much as it pained her, Alicia was right. She had done something that Wanda had never been able to do. So she’ll have to remedy that. She then took off her robe, revealing that she was once again dressed in a bikini. Referee Jez McArthuer jogged out to the ring. Davis took one look at Wanda, then at the ref, and his face fell. Before he could react, Jez called for the bell and Wanda almost took him out of his boots with a clothesline. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. WANDA FISH[/B] I suspect I’m going to regret putting this match in the middle of the show. Alicia must have shared her double-sided tape with Wanda. I’ll have to remember to buy stock in that company when this is all over. At any rate, Davis tried to fight back but Wanda was all over him. Davis tried to fight back a few times but before he knew what was happening, Davis was down and out with a Blonde Ambition. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 12:19 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) Des was cleaning up in the locker room when the door slammed shut. He turned around and found himself face to face with Joey Poison. Des asked Joey if he saw his match with Remmy Skye. Joey shot back that it should have been him fighting Remmy two weeks ago but he wasn’t able to thanks to Des. He said that he should have been the Rising Star now, not Primus Allen. Des calmly suggested that Joey could try to take the title belt off of Primus. Joey blanched at the idea. He said instead that he would rather fight Des one last time at “On the Rise.” Des took a step closer to Joey and said that’d be fine with him. He even suggested that they up the ante a little and have the whole thing in a steel cell. Joey blanched for a moment but then agreed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 11) Casey Valentine was in the ring. He said that he was looking forward to his match against Sam Pratt at “On the Rise.” He said that Sam might as well not even bother affixing a nameplate to the Regional Championship belt. He might as well just shine it up nice for him and be ready for him to take ownership of it in two weeks. Casey’s self-serving speech was cut off as Mainstream Hernandez came out to the ring. He got in Casey’s face and said that he shouldn’t count his chickens just yet. He pointed out that no one has officially made the match for the MWA Regional Championship at the “On the Rise” yet. So the way he sees it, if he can beat Casey, then he moves to the front of the line. With that, Mainstream decked Casey and the fight was on! RATING:[COLOR="blue"] D[/COLOR] for Casey’s promo; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the challenge 12) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] Not a bad match. Casey and Mainstream really kicked things up a notch. Both men scored near falls early on, both went for finishers early, but in the end, it was Mainstream who walked out victorious after an Apparition #14. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 10:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) Backstage, Izaak Tischler and Mean Jean Cattley are walking to the ring when Izaak stops and asks Jean where Steven Parker is. Apparently Parker is supposed to be keeping an eye on them during their match. Cattley said he thought Parker was with Izaak. Izaak said he thought Parker was with Cattley. After a brief search, they found Parker down and out in the back, clutching his head and groaning. They didn’t look too pleased but Izaak said they should go out to the ring anyway. Not much more they could do. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 14) [B]SAM KEITH & VENGEANCE vs. IZAAK TISCHLER & MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Great main event. It was a little overshadowed by the bikini match earlier, but hey, it’s Wanda in a bikini. That has to count for something. When Vengeance went in the ring to start things off, Izaak immediately tagged in Mean Jean. And so it went. Whenever Vengeance was brought in, Izaak immediately tagged out. Because of that, Vengeance and Sam were able to pretty much rip Mean Jean to pieces. There were a few times when Izaak locked up with Sam, but again, when Sam tagged in Vengeance, Izaak retreated. In the end, Vengeance performed a move the Rev identified as the “Justice Crusher” (which most fans would probably call a “Skull Krusher,” but you know ... trademarks and all that). WINNERS: [B]Sam Keith & Vengeance [/B]in 13:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 15) The celebration was short lived. Izaak charged in and tossed Sam over the top rope and before Vengeance could react, he nailed him across the head with the Grand Championship belt. He then stomped on Vengeance until the bigger man was bleeding from the forehead. Izaak laughed at him and strutted out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] There we go. The angles may have been weak, but the matches more than made up for it. We got a rating of 4.37. We even out-did TCW’s “Squared Circle” (they only got a C rating). FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Des Davids defeated Remmy Skye [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen (c) defeated Greg Gauge to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez defeated Casey Valentine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Sam Keith & Vengeance defeated Izaak Tischler & Mean Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING -[COLOR="blue"] C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, January 2013[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Rise”[/COLOR]) Held at the Huntsville Fairgrounds in the South East Territory 4,429 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) First things first! Over the past week, we’ve signed two big matches for “On the Rise.” The first will be Vengeance taking on Izaak Tischler for the MWA Grand Championship! And second, we’ve seen it coming for a month now, but Alicia Strong and Wanda Fish will clash at “On the Rise” as well! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] for the first match announcement; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the second 2) Wanda Fish was walking backstage when she ran into Alicia Strong. She looked about ready to haul off and deck her but Alicia held up her hands and called for a truce. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Look, Wanda, Lord knows I’d like nothing better than to rip out your hair at your black roots and shove it all down your throat, but we’ve got a problem. Scap will probably try to shove our match into some midcard hell this Sunday. You and I both know we deserve better than that. I say we go and talk to our boss and see if we can’t get our match bumped to the main event.”[/COLOR] Wanda nodded thoughtfully. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I hate to admit it, but you’re right. Let’s go.”[/COLOR] Wanda and Alicia walked through the backstage area and came out by the announce table. They sidled up to me and really poured on the charm, flirting shamelessly to get me to move their match. And then Izaak Tischler appeared. He was livid that he had been booked in a title defense at all, saying that Vengeance didn’t deserve to have a shot at his Grand Championship. He said the newcomer hadn’t earned it, that firing off a bunch of pyro and walking out of smoke didn’t give him the right to be in the same ring as him. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So do you agree with that assessment, Vengeance?” [/COLOR]I asked. Izaak paled and turned, finding his opponent standing behind him. He started to gasp and tried to mouth some words but nothing came out. I quickly jumped into the awkward silence. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But you’re right. We have two potentially fabulous matches, either of which could easily headline a Pay-Per-View. But only one of them can be the main event. So this is what we’ll do: tonight, it’ll be Wanda and Alicia teaming up against Izaak and Vengeance. Whichever team wins the match gets the main event slot. Fair?”[/COLOR] Alicia and Wanda seemed a little disappointed their feminine wiles didn’t completely convince me but they nodded. Vengeance too nodded. The three of them left the announce table, leaving Izaak to stand there, still popping his mouth like a fish. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. THE FOUNDATION[/B] Not the best match we could have had. I’m not sure where the weak link was on this one. At any rate, the Foundation pretty much dominated the Gauges, up until Junior appeared near the ring. Junior pulled Steven Parker off the ring apron and brawled with him a bit. Because Parker wasn’t the legal man, Jez McArthuer just ordered her away from the ring. Because of that, he didn’t see Remmy Skye come through the audience and nail Mean Jean Cattley with a Skye Driver. Matt Gauge didn’t seem to mind the help and quickly got Mean Jean into a Proton Lock. WINNERS: [B]The Gauge Brothers [/B]in 8:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) The Foundation got on the mics and demanded that Remmy and Junior face them at “On the Rise.” Remmy and Junior readily agreed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 5) [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP vs. JOEY POISON[/B] The two Joeys have chemistry together! Great news. And a great match to boot. Joey B. really did his best to take Joey P. down fast and hard, but Poison kept away from Beauchamp for most of the match. Finally, Poison nailed the Antidote Web and got the pin, but the whole time, he stared into the camera as if he were sending a message to someone. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 8:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) Jay Chord bumped into Davis Wayne Newton backstage and burst out laughing. He asked Davis what it felt like to be beaten by girls in bikinis two weeks in a row. Davis didn’t appreciate the question and said that the first time was a fluke, the second time was an ambush. He said he was still the Triple Threat and more than capable of beating Jay. Jay said he was game and suggested they meet at “On the Rise.” Davis agreed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) Steve Gumble was in the ring and said that a lot of people were scared of Primus Allen. He said he wasn’t one of them. Yes, Primus is a dominating wrestler and very frightening, but Steve said he was feeling pretty lucky. He challenged Primus to a match at “On the Rise” for the Rising Star Title. Primus came out and agreed, telling Gumble to have a surgeon on speed-dial for after he broke him in half. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) Hugh de Aske came out to the ring and called out Mainstream Hernandez. He congratulated Mainstream for beating Casey Valentine and moving to the head of the line to face Sam Pratt. Now, though, he had a fight on his hands, because Hugh said he wanted that slot for himself. Mainstream said he had nothing better to do tonight and was more than willing to build some momentum for himself by beating Hugh. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 9) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] Another great match. Hugh pulled out every dirty trick, living up to his piratical reputation. He finally took down Mainstream with a Skull and Cross Bones. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 9:59 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) I got up at the announce table and said that I was a bit frustrated. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ve been unsure of what to do with the Regional Championship match for ‘On the Rise.’ I was hoping that Casey, Mainstream, and Hugh would work this out for me, but I guess I have to make the hard decision. Actually, it’s not that hard. It’ll be Sam Pratt taking on Hugh de Aske ... and Mainstream Hernandez and Casey Valentine. Oh ... and it’ll be a ladder match!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 11) [B]BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH vs. JAY CHORD[/B] This one was kind of blah. Maybe the audience was catching their breath after the last two great matches. Whatever the case, Bulldozer couldn’t seem to get out of first gear. He thundered around the ring, but Jay always seemed to be about six steps ahead of him, finally taking the big man down with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 9:13 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) Backstage, Alicia Strong and Wanda Fish suited up for the match. They gave each other a grim nod and started for the ring. In another part of the arena, Izaak was pacing before Vengeance. He finally stopped and offered him his hand, asking for them to bury the hatchet just for tonight. Vengeance shoved past him and started for the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the Alicia & Wanda shot; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for Izaak & Vengeance 13) [B]ALICIA STRONG & WANDA FISH vs. IZAAK TISCHLER & VENGEANCE[/B] Oh yeah. Oh yeah. Oh yeah. Great match. As crazy as it may sound, Alicia and Wanda seemed to mesh as a tag team. It wasn’t a matter of chemistry. It was simply a matter of cooperation. They were clearly on the same page the entire match, tagging in and out seamlessly and with very little tension. On the other side of the ring, though, it was nothing but tension. Izaak didn’t seem too eager to face either woman and would often tag out to Vengeance. Vengeance would fight but he got a little rough tagging his partner back in. One time, when Vengeance went for the tag, Izaak actually dodged it. Vengeance stared at him for a moment and then tagged him with a knife edge chop that almost took the Grand Champion off the apron. Needless to say, it wasn’t that surprising when Wanda hit Izaak with the Dish of the Day and managed to pin him. WINNERS: [B]Alicia Strong & Wanda Fish [/B]in 12:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 14) Alicia came in to celebrate with her impromptu tag partner as the Rev and I explained that this meant that the Main Event at “On the Rise” would be Wanda Fish vs. Alicia Strong. The celebration was cut short when Wanda took Alicia down with another Dish of the Day. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] As the show went off the air, the Rev and I ran through the card for “On the Rise” -- [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. PRIMUS ALLEN (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR]([COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR]) DES DAVIDS vs. JOEY POISON in [COLOR="Purple"]a steel cell [/COLOR]([COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR]) REMMY SKYE & JUNIOR vs. THE FOUNDATION (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] ([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) SAM PRATT (c) vs. MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. HUGH de ASKE vs. CASEY VALENTINE in[COLOR="purple"] a ladder match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) JAY CHORD vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON ([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) VENGEANCE vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) ALICIA STRONG vs. WANDA FISH ([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR])[/B] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I owe Wanda dinner at least. Vengeance too, but I don’t think I’ll enjoy that as much. We got a rating of 4.34. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]The Gauge Brothers defeated the Foundation [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Joey Poison defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Mainstream Hernandez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong & Wanda Fish defeated Izaak Tischler & Vengeance [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, predictions, comments, or whatever are welcome...

Archived