MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, March 2012[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 2,000 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic appeared on screen announcing that tonight’s main event would be Jay Chord defending the MWA Grand Championship against Joey Beauchamp. And then another graphic appeared saying that Izaak Tischler would be at the Garrison and he was ready to explain his bizarre actions the last time he was in the Garrison. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for both announcements 2) Joey Poison came out to the ring. He said that a lot of people were asking if he was upset that he lost to Mean Jean Cattley last week. He said that it bothered him a little, but the fact that Mean Jean had to cheat to pin him just said that Mean Jean was running scared. Jean knew that someone with actual talent like Joey would be able to shut down his climb to the top. He put Mean Jean on notice, saying that he’d be coming after the Rising Star title again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 3) [B]JOEY POISON vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Joey backed up words with actions in this match. These two didn’t click, though, so the match wasn’t as good as I had hoped. Davis did his level best to take Joey down but Joey was simply on fire tonight, more so than we’ve seen in the past. Joey finally hit the Antidote Web and got the pin. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 8:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 4) Backstage, Citizen X found Hugh de Aske and blamed him for what happened to Agent 69 last week. Hugh said that X’s accusations were ludicrous, that he was nowhere near Perry Hall, and that it was X’s hands on the chair, not Hugh’s. X didn’t give up. He said that Hugh was a joke and was simply the worst wrestler he’d ever heard of. Hugh responded, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Ah, but you have heard of me...”[/COLOR] X stared at Hugh in shock and finally said that Hugh should meet him out in the ring so they could settle this once and for all. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 5) [B]CITIZEN X vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] Hugh seemed more amused by X’s offense than worried. He actually stopped to laugh a few times. The first two times he paid for it as X took him down to a two count. The third time, though, he managed to reverse the momentum and took control of the match, finally putting X down with a Cut-Throat Driver. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 8:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 6) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. REMMY SKY & ASH CAMPBELL[/B] Once again, I was surprised by Ash. He seems to have found his rhythm finally. At the very least, he didn’t drag on this match as much as I thought he would. Part of it was the Gauges, I think. Especially Greg. He came out looking like a real star, trying his level best to keep Remmy and Ash in check. But in the end, Ash pulled out the win by taking out Matthew Gauge with an Ash 2 Ash. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell & Remmy Skye [/B]in 9:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Remmy and Ash celebrated their win, but the celebration was short lived. Much to everyone’s surprise, the Titans hit the ring and ran over them, beating them down to the mat and then stomping on Remmy and Ash until officials came out to chase them out of there. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 8) Izaak Tischler came out to the ring to a chorus of boos. A few people even went so far as to toss garbage at him. He glared at them all before finally speaking. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I suppose I should have expected this. After all, I’m the mean man who beat up my fiancé for apparently no reason two weeks ago, right? There’s absolutely no reason for me to have done something like that, right? “Wrong! Two weeks ago, I had an epiphany. I realized that Alicia Strong doesn’t love me. She only loves herself. “Oh, I know, she was willing to go down the aisle with me, but I realized that she doesn’t need me. She made that abundantly clear. She doesn’t need a man to protect her. She doesn’t want anyone to help her. She’d rather be by herself. “And when I realized that I was nothing but a pleasant distraction for her, I realized that I had been wasting my time with her. That’s why I did what I ...”[/COLOR] His explanation was cut off as Alicia Strong charged the ring and went after him. Izaak rolled out of the ring and laughed at her, backing up the aisle. Alicia glared at him then broke down crying. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP vs. JAY CHORD (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Jay and Joey don’t click in the ring either. That’s too bad that my champ seems to have such lousy chemistry with so many of the top competitors. At any rate, it was an okay match, the best of the evening. Jay and Joey put on the best show that they could given the circumstances. Jay seemed to be one step ahead of Joey the whole time, which the Rev grudgingly said showed that Jay deserved to hold the title. But Joey was eventually able to bring the momentum over to his side. He actually got a few near falls and even managed to drop Jay with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. He made the pin, only to have Mainstream Hernandez hit the ring and attack him. Jez immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]by DQ in 10:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Oooo. Not good. In most territories we probably increased our popularity but it still wasn’t the best show we’ve done. We garnered a rating of 0.39. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Joey Poison defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Citizen X[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Remmy Skye & Ash Campbell defeated the Gauge Brothers [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Jay Chord by DQ [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, March 2012[/I] Held at the West Texas Coliseum in the Mid South Territory 1,884 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with a graphic announcing that tonight’s main event would be Mainstream Hernandez taking on Joey Beauchamp. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) Joey Poison came out to the ring and said that he was sick and tired of Mean Jean Cattley’s attitude. He challenged Mean Jean to face him at “Battleground” for the MWA Rising Star Title. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 3) [B]JOEY POISON vs. REMMY SKYE[/B] Remmy was a bit off his game tonight, but he was still able to put on a decent match with Joey. In the end, Joey put Remmy down with an Antidote Web. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 7:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 4) The Titans then came out to the ring. They got the mics. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I bet you’re all wondering why Primus and I have been on the war path lately,” [/COLOR]Bulldozer said. When hardly anyone responded, he continued. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“See, this is the reason why: none of you ungrateful fans seem to care about the fact that Primus and I are easily two of the most dominant men in professional wrestling. There’s a reason why we called ourselves ‘The Titans.’ That’s what we are. We are the new gods of this sport and we haven’t been getting the respect we deserve. So it’s time for us to put the fear of God back into our competitors.” “And we’re gonna start with the Gauges,” [/COLOR]Primus added. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Matt and Greg, you guys may think your family tree makes you some sort of legacy, but you’re going to discover what happens when you face off against the Titans! We want you in the ring for the tag titles at Battleground!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 5) [B]FUTURE THREAT vs. THE TITANS[/B] Davis and Parker looked a little unsure of themselves in the ring. The Rev speculated that there might be some lingering tension after the way J-Ro was able to turn Davis against Parker for a little while. The fact that both Primus and Bulldozer looked ready to maul them didn’t help either. Davis and Parker did their best to keep from getting run over, but in the end, it did them little good. Primus put Davis away with a running powerslam. WINNER: [B]The Titans [/B]in 8:14 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) Citizen X appeared on screen. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Okay, so we’ve all found Hugh de Aske to be a barrel of laughs lately. Well, I for one am sick of him. He’s so proud of his pirate heritage? We’ll see what he has to say when I hear back from one Professor Cooper Anderson of South Florida State University.”[/COLOR] The taunting left the Rev and I wondering what X was talking about. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Izaak Tischler ran into Joanne Rodriguez. J-Ro got in Izaak’s face, telling him that he’s made a huge mistake in dumping Alicia. She said that Alicia loved him and was willing to marry him and that he had the wrong idea about her. Izaak retorted that Joanne was a moron and was obviously fooled by Alicia’s “good-girl” routine. He said that Alicia had everyone fooled. He said that if she really did love him, she would have been okay with asking Izaak for help. He said Alicia was too independent for her own good. As far as he’s concerned, he’s done with her. J-Ro refused to let him leave. He finally got annoyed enough that he challenged her to a match for her regional championship. J-Ro said she’d love to oblige him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ (c) vs. IZAAK TISCHLER [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Holy cow. These two put on a spectacular match. Joanne seemed more interested in punishing Izaak than in beating him. Izaak likewise didn’t seem all that interested in winning the match. These two brawled through the ring and around it before Izaak finally shut down the match by nailing J-Ro over the head with a steel chair. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez by DQ [/B]in 9:53 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Izaak tossed away the chair and started laughing at J-Ro. His glee was cut short as Alicia Strong hit the ring with a chair of her own. Alicia took a swing at Izaak, but he ducked it and quickly got out of the ring. He laughed at the two ladies all the way to the top of the ramp. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) Much to the Rev and my surprise, Jay Chord came out to the announce table and took a spare headset, saying that he was going to do additional commentary on the main event. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 11) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] A great main event. Mainstream and Joey put together another great match, taking each other to new heights. Jay was not as impressed with their efforts, though. He belittled both men, saying that it didn’t matter who won this match, it didn’t matter who the booking committee put in the ring against him at “Battleground,” the MWA Grand Championship wasn’t going anywhere. In the end, both Mainstream and Joey wound up fighting outside the ring. They were so intent on hurting each other that they didn’t notice that Jez MacArthuer had counted them both out. The match ended in a draw. WINNER: [B]No one [/B]in 12:44 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B-[/COLOR] 12) The brawl continued, and Jay egged them on, getting a mic saying that they might as well forget it. As far as he’s concerned, neither of them are worthy of stepping into the ring with him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] There we go. We’re headed in the right direction again. This show earned a rating of 0.48. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Joey Poison defeated Remmy Skye [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]The Titans defeated Future Threat [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez (c) defeated Izaak Tischler by DQ and so retained [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez drew with Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, March 2012[/I] Held at Perry Hall in the Great Lakes Territory 2,000 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) In a segment recorded earlier, Mainstream Hernandez and Joey Beauchamp actually appeared together and issued a joint challenge to Jay Chord. They dared him to step into the ring against them at “Battleground” in a triangle match. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Now I know you think this will be a sweet deal, Jay,” [/COLOR]Mainstream said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“After all, Joey and I haven’t exactly gotten along lately.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“While that may be true, we are united in one way: we want to see you lose that shiny belt,” [/COLOR]Joey finished. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) Regardless of Jay’s decision, tonight’s main event will be Jay Chord and Future Threat taking on the surprising tag team of Mainstream Hernandez, Joey Beauchamp, and Remmy Skye. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“This will be interesting,” [/COLOR]I commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Mainstream and Joey don’t exactly get along, but this will be a good test to see if they can put their hatred for each other aside and work together.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 3) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] These two wound up having great chemistry together and it really shone through the match. Thomas did his level best but Mean Jean was simply on fire. He weathered Thomas’s initial assault and then fought back, firing off a fierce Mood Swing that seemed to knock Thomas out. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 6:54 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Mean Jean then got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So, Joey Poison, you think that you’ve got what it takes to beat me? You’re sadly mistaken. You may think that I’ve been hiding the past couple of weeks, but I’ve actually been planning my next round of strategy so I can make it back to the top. You’re welcome to humiliate yourself this weekend, Joey. See you at the Garrison.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 5) Hugh de Aske appeared on screen in full pirate regalia. He blew off Citizen X’s threat and said that X could research all he want. He said he came from a prominent pirate family and that any professor would tell him that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 6) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] Ash continued to redeem himself in my eyes with this match. It wasn’t spectacular, but at least it didn’t bring down the crowd’s mood either. Hugh eventually grounded Ash with a Cut-Throat Driver. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 6:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Alicia Strong was pacing by a door, grumbling under her breath and glaring at the entryway, as if trying to conjure someone to come through it. She whirled as someone tapped her on the shoulder. Joanne Rodriguez jumped back and held up her hands, saying that Alicia should relax. She’s heard a rumor that Izaak wasn’t going to be here tonight. Alicia seemed extremely disappointed. J-Ro commented that she seemed a little tense. She suggested that the two of them work out some of the tension by having a tag match against the Gauge Brothers. Alicia didn’t react to the suggestion but instead said that would be good for starters ... and then she was going to take Izaak out at “Battleground.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) The Gauge Brothers came out to the ring and said that Primus and Bulldozer certainly sounded scary last week but that they weren’t worried. They pointed out that the original Titans, while big and scary, were eventually defeated by the gods. They said that history would repeat itself at the Garrison as the Gauges, the new wrestling gods, would defeat the Titans one-two-three. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 9) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS (c) vs. ALICIA STRONG & JOANNE RODRIGUEZ [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] An impressive outing from the Gauges and the girls. Alicia seemed barely in control for most of the match and there were several times where Joanne seemed to have to talk her down and keep her focused. Eventually, though, Alicia’s anger got the better of her. She kept going for big, impressive moves but the Gauges were too quick for her to bring down that way. Finally, Matt managed to tie Alicia up with the Proton Lock and got her to tap. WINNERS: [B]The Gauge Brothers [/B]in 9:07 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) The Gauges left the ring. Joanne went to Alicia’s side and tried to help her up. Alicia shoved her away and stomped out of the ring, leaving Joanne to look a little stunned. As she recovered, though, Marc Speed came out to the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And here we have it, ladies and gentlemen. This is why women don’t belong in the ring, unless it’s a woman’s only promotion like AAA or Babes of Sin City. At the very most, they should have their own division. But look at what happens when you mix the men with the women. They get all emotional and lose. Joanne, you don’t deserve that Regional Championship.”[/COLOR] Joanne got a mic of her own. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s a load of garbage and you know it, Marc. Wanda Fish proved it. Alicia Strong has proven it. And I can prove it too. You think I don’t deserve this belt? You’re welcome to try and take it away at ‘Battleground.’”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 11) Jay Chord came out to the ring and got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So Joey and Mainstream have decided that teamwork is the answer? Well, we all know how that will end. “See, here’s the thing, boys. I know you don’t like me. But I think your hatred for each other is stronger than anything you feel for me. So why don’t we go ahead and have that little triangle match. I’m willing to bet that this title isn’t going anywhere.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ, JOEY BEAUCHAMP, & REMMY SKYE vs. JAY CHORD & FUTURE THREAT[/B] A pretty decent match all things considered. Much to everyone’s surprise, Mainstream and Joey B. were polite and cordial to each other throughout the match. It actually prompted the Rev to wonder if they had pulled a fast one on Jay. “Jay may find himself in a handicap match at ‘Battleground,’” he commented. Things got heated up very quickly. Jay and his allies did their level best, but it was soon clear that Mainstream, Joey, and Remmy were simply too hot. Especially Joey. He came out of this looking like a true star. At any rate, Jay had Mainstream on the ropes, or so he thought. He was taking an awful long time to set up his Super DDT, though. Too long, it turned out. Mainstream powered out of it and went on the offensive. He dropped Jay to the mat and then went for an Apparition #14, only to have Jay roll out of the way. Jay quickly tagged in Steven Parker and then bailed out of the ring and started up the ramp. Parker didn’t look too happy about that and stood at the edge of the ring to shout for Jay to come back. He turned around just in time to catch a roundhouse kick to the chin. Mainstream then hit a successful Apparition #14 and made the pin... ... only to have Joey Beauchamp come into the ring and yank Mainstream off of Parker. Joey then made the pin and was the one to have his hand raised in victory. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So much for the alliance,” [/COLOR]the Rev observed. WINNERS: [B]Joey Beauchamp, Mainstream Hernandez, & Remmy Skye [/B]in 12:32 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) Joey strutted around the ring but was eventually jumped by Mainstream. The two wound up brawling in the middle of the ring while Jay stood at the ring entrance and laughed himself silly. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not as good as our last show but still not too bad. We got a rating of 0.49. FINAL RATING:[COLOR="blue"] C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Thomas Morgan to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Ash Campbell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]The Gauge Brothers (c) defeated Alicia Strong & Joanne Rodriguez to retain the MWA Tag Team Championship [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez, Joey Beauchamp, & Remmy Skye defeated Jay Chord & Future Threat [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to attend [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"][B]“Battleground”[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] this Sunday, only at the Garrison![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches... [B][I]Mean Jean Cattley defends the MWA Rising Star Title against Joey Poison -[/I][/B] Some would say that Joey is a true rising star within the MWA. He’s young, he’s talented, and he has nowhere to go but straight to the top. But Mean Jean Cattley sees himself rising up the ladder before Joey. Who will come out with the Rising Star Title in the end? [B][I]Citizen X takes on Hugh de Aske -[/I][/B] This confrontation started when Hugh showed some attention to X’s partner, Agent 69. Since then it’s become much more personal. What information does Citizen X have about Hugh’s family? Will that really matter when these two face off in the squared circle? [B][I]The Titans try to take the MWA Tag Team Championship away from the Gauge Brothers -[/I][/B] Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Primus Allen have been on a rampage in recent weeks and have now set their sites on the Gauge Brothers’ tag team gold. Will their newfound hostility and attitude be enough to take down the second generation brothers? [B][I]Joanne Rodriguez takes on Marc Speed with her MWA Regional Championship in the balance -[/I][/B] Marc recently said he doesn’t feel that Joanne deserves to be facing men in the ring. Joanne claims her championship proves she has what it takes. Who is right? And more importantly, who will walk away the MWA Regional Champion? [B][I]Alicia Strong calls out Izaak Tischler -[/I][/B] Alicia is out to make Izaak pay for betraying her after her title match against Jay Chord. But Izaak claims that he was justified in turning his back on his former fiancé. Does Izaak have what it takes to beat Alicia in the ring? Or will Alicia finally get her revenge? [B][I]Jay Chord defends the MWA Grand Championship against both Joey Beauchamp and Mainstream Hernandez -[/I][/B] While Joey B. and Mainstream haven’t been seeing eye to eye recently, they both agree on one thing: they both want to become Grand Champion. Jay Chord will likely have something to say about that. Who will come out with the highest title the Midwest Wrestling Association has to offer? [CENTER][SIZE="2"]Find out this Sunday at the Garrison! Or you can always ordered the DVD right here at MWA.com.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

I really like the sustained gender war subtext going on in this one - that's a hard thing to pull off, you need to have just the right personnel and you do - J-Ro and Alicia Strong can definitely hold it down for their side of the fence. And I really think someone should write a dynasty told from the perspective of Remmy Skye. "Life through a thick ganj haze", maybe, or "How to eat 19 boston cream donuts and then wrestle with drymouth".

[CENTER]MWA presents... [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Battleground”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Sunday of Week 3, March 2012[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Midwest Territory 1,900 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the DVD viewers to the show. 1) Joey Beauchamp started the show off in the ring. He waited for the crowd to simmer down before he started: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You all know who I am. You know what I’m capable of doing. And you know what I raw deal I got since coming over across the pond. I was snatched up by one of the big promotions, sure, but I was used as a pawn in their on-going fight with another of the big promotions. “And then, when I finally made it my way to the top of the ladder, what did they do? They left the title on me, sure, but they gave me no title defenses! I was left to rot, picking up leftovers whenever they deigned to toss a match my way. “Now you’ve all seen me work. You know I’m capable of so much more. That’s why tonight, I deserve to become the MWA Grand Champion. No matter what that clown Mainstream thinks, no matter what that spoiled brat Jay Chord thinks, no matter what any of you think, Joey Beauchamp is going to be your MWA Grand Champion!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) [B]JOEY POISON vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] These two opened the show with a bang. It was a really good match. Joey was intense as he came out to the ring and stared down Jean as Jean got into the ring with him. Jean seemed a little concerned but laughed it off. When they initially locked up, Jean got the upperhand and tousled Joey’s hair a little, then wiped his palm off on Joey’s trunks while making a disgusted face. That lit a fire under Joey; the first near fall was his, pinning Mean Jean in the middle of the ring after a spinebuster. The match picked up from there, both men doing their level best to bring the other down. In the end, Joey tried to hit the Antidote Web, but as he finished it by rolling into a small package, Mean Jean was able to keep the roll going, getting Joey’s shoulders down. Worse, Jean grabbed Joey’s tights and used the extra leverage to get the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 13:10 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) Hugh de Aske came out to the ring and said that he still wasn’t worried about whatever nonsense Citizen X had uncovered about his pirate lineage. He repeated that he came from a noble tradition of buccaneers and he was damn proud of his family tree. He said nothing some mealy-mouthed land-lubbing pseudo-anarchist could say would change that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) [B]CITIZEN X vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] X came out to the ring at full steam, looking ready to really rip Hugh to pieces. Hugh seemed completely unconcerned about the threat, staying pretty much one step ahead of X the whole time. After a short flurry of offense by X, Hugh shut him down with a Cut-Throat Driver. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 11:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) Hugh left the ring but X crawled to the edge of the mat and got a mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Not so fast, de Aske. You may think you’ve hidden your secret so very well, but Dr. Anderson had some interesting documents from the seventeenth century. Turns out that the de Askes weren’t so high up there on the piratical totem pole. According to his research, your family has never owned a ship, never been captain or first mate, never done anything of importance. He said that the only de Aske to gain any prominence in the pirate community would have been your great-great-great-great-grandfather Laurence de Aske, who was nothing more than a cabin boy. You may be okay in the ring, but your whole ‘pirate heritage’ is nothing but a farce!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] 6) Mainstream Hernandez came out to the ring next. Mainstream said that while Joey might have legitimate complaints about how he’s been treated in the industry, Mainstream said he had just as many. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I worked for the same big promotion that you did, Joey, and let’s face it, I was treated even worse! No major titles and finally I was unceremoniously fired after losing one match against a raging psychopath. Now, I’m not bitter about it; part of that is my fault, I’ll freely admit. But you’ve had your shot at the limelight. Now it’s my turn to shine.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) The Titans came out to the ring and said that the time had come for them to take down the Gauges. They acknowledged their little oops a few weeks ago regarding Greek mythology. They admitted that the Titans were indeed brought down by the gods. They said that the Gauges had indeed caught them in an error. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“But you know, maybe if you wouldn’t spend so much time hitting the books, you’d be better wrestlers,” [/COLOR]Primus said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Time for you to lose your straps.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS (c) vs. THE TITANS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A pretty good match all around. Greg Gauge really stood out as the star in this match. The Titans tried to overwhelm the tag champs with power moves and high impact spots. But the Gauges were able to fight back, kicking out of most of the pinning predicaments. Matt went toe to toe with Bulldozer and it looked like he could match Bulldozer in terms of power. In the end, Primus got Matthew up for a Running Powerslam, but Matt was able to slip free and instead took Primus down with a Proton Lock. WINNERS: [B]The Gauge Brothers [/B]in 11:42 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) The Titans were not happy about that. They took out their frustration by running over the Gauges and spending a few minutes stomping on them until Jez got them corralled and led out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ (c) vs. MARC SPEED [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] These two put on a decent match as well. Marc didn’t seem to take Joanne all that seriously, but a few quick shots to the jaw changed his attitude pretty quick. This was a great technician’s clinic with a series of locks and holds. The crowd really got into it, egging them on until finally, Joanne hit the J-Rocker and put Marc away. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 10:11 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 11) Jay Chord came out to the ring with his Grand Championship belt draped over one shoulder. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ve been backstage listening to Joey and Mainstream whine about their careers. I think they both should remember something: they’ve had their chance at the brass ring. They were both employed by one of the big two. “But me? I’ve been offered a position by the ‘big promotions’ twice now and I’ve turned them down. Why? Because I like it here. I like the fact that I’m king of the mountain. See, I’ve got this feeling that the MWA is going to rise above them all. And when that happens, you’d better believe that Jay Chord is going to rise with them. So brace yourselves, boys, this belt isn’t going anywhere.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) Alicia Strong came out to the ring next. She was furious and intense and frightened me (or at least, I said she did). [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So Izaak Tischler deigns to come back to the Garrison after what he did to me last month? That’s just great! It’s exactly what I wanted. ‘Cuz here’s the thing, Izaak. You’re right about me. I am a strong woman. I don’t need a lot of help in the ring. But you know what? Our relationship was supposed to be about more than just watching each others’ backs out here. It was supposed to be about sharing our joys, our triumphs, and yes, even our defeats. It was supposed to be about building a life together. But now ... now we’ve got nothing. It’s all gone, thanks to you. “And maybe I did push you away a little. But if you were half the man I thought you were, that wouldn’t have made a difference. The fact that I showed a little bit of independence is enough to send you running? A strong man would have been thrilled to have a strong woman in his life. What does that say about you?”[/COLOR] Alicia then went on to say that she shouldn’t have been surprised that Izaak turned out to be so weak. She implied that he was a petty, little man ... emphasis on the little part. Eventually, Izaak heard enough and charged the ring. The two of them collided in midring and started brawling. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 13) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] I have to admit, I was a little surprised at how well this match turned out. Alicia is really over in the Midwest, Izaak not quite as much, and I figured that would result in a drag on the match rating. But all in all, this turned into a great melee. Both Alicia and Izaak seemed bound and determined to really injure each other in this match. Not a lot of finesse or subtlety, the only time holds were used was when Izaak was obviously feeling a bit overwhelmed and wanted to slow things down. But Alicia was quick to fire back and she dominated most of the match. But in the end, as Alicia tried to set Izaak up for the Strong Arm Tactic, Izaak managed to roll through. He then caught Alicia by surprise with a short-arm clothesline. He then picked her up by the hair and dropped her with a skull crusher. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 14:10 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) A video played on the big screen, hyping all three people in the triangle match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 15) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP vs. JAY CHORD (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Whoa. I guess the lesson here is this: when you have three workers and one of them has bad chemistry with the other two, the thing to do is a triangle match. Aside from the two Jay Chord vs. Alicia Strong matches, this might be the best match the MWA has ever put on. Mainstream and Joey seemed to forget about their animosity in the early going and focused solely on beating Jay down pretty hard. But when Mainstream went for the cover, Joey was right there to kick him in the back of the head and break things up. Joey then pinned Jay, only to have Mainstream break the pin. Jay was able to sit back a little after that. It almost seemed like Mainstream and Joey forgot he was even in the ring as they basically wailed on each other. Jay finally interjected himself by making a quick pin after Mainstream had been staggered by a quick thrust kick from Joey. Now that they remembered he was there, Joey and Mainstream kept after Jay but they didn’t exactly work together either. In the end, Mainstream went for a spear, only to have Jay sidestep it and give him an extra shove so he rammed into the ring post extra hard. When Joey came after him, Jay ducked his moves and then caught him with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 22:28 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 16) Jay celebrated his win in the ring afterwards. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad. I wish we could just do triangle matches every week, but I suspect the audience would grow tired of them eventually. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Battleground”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Joey Poison to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Citizen X[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]The Gauge Brothers (c) defeated the Titans to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez (c) defeated Marc Speed to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord (c) defeated Mainstream Hernandez and Joey Beauchamp to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, March 2012[/I] Held at the North Carolina Biker Museum 1,998 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) In a video clip from earlier in the day, Mainstream Hernandez stopped me as I entered the museum. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Look, Scap, I really appreciate the opportunity you’ve given me here at the MWA,” he said. “But I gotta tell you, I’m a little frustrated right now. Remember a few weeks ago when I had that title match against Jay and how Joey interfered. Scap, you and I both know I had Jay running scared and I would have had him beat if Joey hadn’t interfered. Everything that followed after that shouldn’t have happened. You know it and I know it.”[/COLOR] I shifted back and forth on my feet. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That may be, but what do you want me to do about it?” “Give me a solo title shot. Just Jay Chord and me, in the ring tonight, no interference from Joey Beauchamp.” [/COLOR]When he saw the unsure look on my face, he quickly continued. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Look, we’re practically in my backyard. Carolina is where I got my start wrestling with Jay’s old man. Now that I’m home again, I’m feeling some of the buzz and I know I can beat him. Just give me the chance!”[/COLOR] I grit my teeth and nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You got it. Mainstream Hernandez vs. Jay Chord for the MWA Grand Championship and if Joey Beauchamp interferes, he’ll be suspended for six months!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) Mean Jean Cattley strutted out to the ring and looked over the assembled fans, most of whom let him know they weren’t happy to see him home either. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I should have expected this, but I had hoped that things had changed since the last time I was here. But I see North Carolina is still filled with the same in-bred, slack-jawed yokels it always has been. “Now I bet I know what you’re all thinking. Since Mainstream’s putting on a show for you, I should too, right? I should defend my Rising Star Title against some young up-and-comer and risk losing it and my momentum. Well, forget it! No title defense tonight, losers. “But I would hate to deprive you all of my brilliant in-ring work. So I’ll throw it open. Anyone in the back who thinks they can take me down is more than welcome to come out and try.”[/COLOR] The Gauge Brothers’ opening music hit and Mean Jean freaked out a little. Out came Matthew Gauge. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sad to say, my brother Greg’s off somewhere else tonight, so it’s just me. And I was standing there, listening to you run your mouth off about these good people, and I decided, you know what? I feel like getting that blow-hard Jean Cattley to shut his pie hole!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the response 3) [B]MATTHEW GAUGE vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Holy cow. I was not expecting this. It turns out that Mean Jean and Matthew have great in-ring chemistry and it really boosted their match to the next level. Matt simply dominated Mean Jean the minute the bell rang. He out-powered him and, the Rev commented, out-classed him. Mean Jean actually tried to beg off numerous times, trying to keep Matthew away from him at all costs. When Matthew finally caught him, though, he paid for it. Mean Jean low-blowed him while Jez was distracted and then took over the match. Matthew was able to kick out of the first two pin attempts, but then Mean Jean was able to fire off the Mood Swing and got him down and pinned. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 7:01 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Future Threat came out to the ring. Steven Parker got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What a joke. Not you clowns, although you do make me laugh to think any of you have the IQ to tie your shoes. No, I’m talking about the so-called ‘Titans.’ They’re so sure that they can get the titles and they put on a heck of a show, but in the end, they couldn’t get it done. They’re all talk, all flash, but no talent or ability.”[/COLOR] Davis took the mic. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You remember when we held the straps? We proved that we were the future of professional wrestling and the biggest threat anyone in the locker room faced. We’ve been on the sidelines for long enough. We’re back, and we’re going after what’s rightfully ours.”[/COLOR] Steven retrieved the mic again. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Now, if Greg weren’t off gallivanting around the globe, we’d level a challenge against the Gauges. But even if we did that, I know the Titans would be right there to roar and try to make us pee our pants or something. So we’re going to make sure we don’t have to watch our backs. Primus and Bulldozer, get on out here. It’s time to learn what it’s like to face a real tag team.”[/COLOR] Out came Primus and Bulldozer. Primus was snorting up a storm and looked ready to charge the ring and maybe even eat it. Bulldozer laughed and said that Future Threat was no threat to them. They were going to tear them into little iddy-biddy pieces. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response 5) [B]FUTURE THREAT vs. THE TITANS[/B] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know, I really don’t know who to root for in this one,” [/COLOR]I commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Yeah, life is full of puzzles like that, innit?”[/COLOR] the Rev responded. It was a pretty decent match all around. Primus and Bulldozer once again relied on their power to try and carry them through, but Davis and Parker relied on a series of holds and throws to redirect their momentum and bring them down. Much to everyone’s shock, Davis actually picked up the win by tripping up Primus and getting him into an STF while Parker tossed Bulldozer over the top ropes. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 10:01 RATING:[COLOR="Blue"] D[/COLOR] 6) Hugh de Aske trudged out to the ring looking very dejected and somewhat morose. He got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Aye, mateys, Citizen X uncovered our great shame. The de Aske family were a bunch of scurvy dogs who toiled away in the bowels of many a vessel. “But did I ever say that it was the de Aske’s that I’m so proud of? No, I never did. Y’see, Mr. X, I’m a pure-blood pirate. Both sides of me family sailed the seas back in the days when privateering was a viable way of life. So maybe you’d better have your fancy-pants professor look up the name Charlotte Nefis and see what she accomplished. I guarantee you, it’ll open yer eyes.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ (c) vs. HUGH de ASKE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] J-Ro and Hugh didn’t click in the ring but they were still able to put together a pretty decent match. Joanne seemed amused by Hugh, who bowed and tried to kiss her hand. She allowed him, but the minute the bell rang, he turned the kiss into an arm bar and Joanne and to fight her way out of. She eventually worked her way free and regarded Hugh warily. He cracked a brilliant smile and shrugged, causing her to laugh. The rest of the match swung back and forth between the two of them until Joanne finally ended things by hitting the J-Rocker. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 9:51 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 8) Jay Chord came out to the ring and surveyed the crowd. A few people chanted Rip’s name, causing Jay to roll his eyes. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Oh, yes, let’s confuse the son with the father,” [/COLOR]he said with a derisive snort. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’m twice the wrestler my father ever was! And you wanna know something? The only reason he set up shop in the Carolinas with MAW was because he knew that you morons would be willing to give up your money for some good ol’ wrasslin’. He played you all. “And he apparently played Mainstream Hernandez as well. Face it, Mainstream, the only reason my dad ever gave you a break was because he felt sorry for you. You’re a no-talent hack who couldn’t make it in the big leagues. And now you’re going to fail in front of your hometown crowd too.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 9) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. JAY CHORD (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] I knew this match wouldn’t be as good as it could be going in, but that’s okay. It accomplished what it had to. Jay didn’t take Mainstream seriously for the first few minutes. That quickly changed as Mainstream nearly took him out of his boots with a series of vicious knife-edge chops that culminated in a powerslam and pin attempt. Jay was able to rally for a little bit but the two of them traded blows, neither one able to put the other one down. Finally, though, much to the delight of the crowd, Mainstream dropped Jay with another powerslam and then vaulted to the top of the ropes for a picture-perfect Apparition #14. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 12:41 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 10) Mainstream was excited and went out into the crowd to celebrate his win with his fans. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Overall, this show was pretty successful. I kind of wish Mainstream and Jay had better in-ring chemistry; they could have carried a phenomenal program together. Oh well. What’s done is done. We got a rating of 0.48. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Matthew Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat defeated the Titans [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez (c) defeated Hugh de Aske to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez defeated Jay Chord (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still here and I hope to come back soon. I was just feeling a little burned out and wanted to take a break, sort of recharge my batteries. Well, that and I was working on a short story I'm hoping to get published. Had to put some stuff on hold for a while.

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 1, April 2012[/I] Held at the Portland Center in the North West Territory 1,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show, the first MWA show held in the North West Territory. This might cost us some money, but branching out a little might help us. 1) The show started with Mainstream Hernandez coming out to the ring. He smiled at the crowd and waved. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“How about that? A new venue for the MWA and a new champion as well! Let me tell you, ladies and gentlemen, I am thrilled to be here. The North West has a great tradition of wrestling. As a matter of fact, our Regional Champion, Joanne Rodriguez, got her start here and I know she’s looking forward to seeing all of you later in the show. “I can’t even begin to tell you how great it is to have this title. I can promise you this: I am going to be a fighting champion. No hiding behind the belt. If someone wants a match, I’ll be more than happy to give it to him...”[/COLOR] Mainstream’s speech was cut off by Joey Beauchamp’s music. Out came Joey, looking smug. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Glad to hear you say that, Hernandez,” [/COLOR]Joey said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Because your first challenger is here.”[/COLOR] Mainstream laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Now why would the fans want to see us fight, Joey? You and me, we’ve done that I don’t know how many times and by my count, I’ve beaten you more times than you’ve beaten me. We do this again, they’re going to think it’s some sort of re-run.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I thought so,” [/COLOR]Joey replied. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So all that nonsense about being a ‘fighting champion’ was just guff then, was it? Just a load of hot air to get the fans to cheer your name while you cower behind your belt?”[/COLOR] Mainstream shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well, if you’re so eager to be humiliated again, then so be it. See you later tonight.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) Mean Jean Cattley was next in the ring. He said that while Mainstream might be glad for a new place, he certainly wasn’t. He said that the Portland Center looked like any other dump and the fans were the same morons he encountered everywhere else. And he said that Mainstream got it wrong as well. He shouldn’t just fight any Tom, Dick, or Harry who came along. That was a good way to wind up exhausted and unable to make a living. He said that title defenses should be reserved for special occasions and not given away to just any old fans. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s why, tonight, while I may be facing Thomas Morgan, I’m not about to do so as a title defense. No sir.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Mean Jean waited in the ring while Thomas made his entrance. Jean jeered a little as Thomas got into the ring and stretched out a bit, yanking on the ropes and keeping a wary eye on Jean. The match started with Jean lazily trying to lock up with Thomas, only Thomas surprised him with a flurry of offense that sent the Rising Star titleholder reeling. Thomas managed to slam Jean to the mat and started to twist him into a submission hold but Jean scrambled to the ropes and locked on for dear life. He stared at Thomas with wide eyes. Thomas stared back with a neutral expression. Mean Jean tried to lock up with Thomas again, this time a little more cautiously, only Thomas was ready for him. The men traded blows for a while before Thomas got him down and pinned him. Mean Jean managed to kick out quickly but he looked pretty frustrated with himself. The match continued like that: Jean trying desperately to get the upper hand on Thomas and Thomas beating him back. The crowd really was surprised by the level of intensity in the match and the good chemistry between Thomas and Jean made this a stand out match. In the end, Jean tried to finish off Thomas with a Mood Swing but Thomas had it scouted. He blocked it and turned it into a Fisherman’s Suplex for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]in 8:04 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 4) Mean Jean was absolutely beside himself and the fact that Thomas smirked at him as Jez raised his hand didn’t help. Jean attacked Thomas and when Jez tried to stop him, he shoved the ref away and continued the assault before security boiled out of the back and pried him off of Thomas. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 5) Joanne Rodriguez came out to a standing ovation. She blew kisses to the crowd and got into the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It’s great to see all of you too!”[/COLOR] she said, eliciting another wave of cheers. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’ve been dreaming of this day when I could come home with the MWA and show all of you what we’re all about. “And what better way to do that than to have a title defense? I know you’ve seen me defend my AAA Femme Fatale title before, but now you’re going to see that Joanne Rodriguez is a threat to the men as well as the ladies. Whoever wants a shot at my Regional Championship, come and get it.”[/COLOR] Ash Campbell came out and said that he didn’t know if he could beat J-Ro, but he was sure willing to try if she was. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the response 6) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ (c) vs. ASH CAMPBELL [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] The fans loved to see their hometown girl in this match and it really boosted things. The fact that Ash and J-Ro have great in ring chemistry didn’t hurt either. Ash and J-Ro went flying this evening, putting on a dazzling aerial battle that kept the crowd yelling for more. Ash did his level best, but after missing a moonsault, J-Ro was able to hit the J-Rocker and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 8:35 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Primus Allen came out to the ring. He glared at the crowd and then got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“How appropriate that the MWA finally comes to the North West. After all, we’re turning into an all-women’s wrestling promotion. I mean, let’s think about it: one of the teams that held the MWA Tag Team Championship were two chicks who are thankfully gone. Who holds the Regional Championship right now? That’s right, Joanne Rodriguez. And who held the MWA Grand Championship for such a long time? Alicia Strong. “Well, I for one, am sick of it! Let the ladies stay up here in the North West where they belong. We’ve got plenty of deserving guys who can’t seem to catch a break. Like me or Bulldozer, for instance. “And then there’s Izaak Tischler. Great guy, Izaak. Never realized it until recently. Have you seen the way he’s been held back here? Always stuck playing second fiddle and carrying a torch for Strong. Well, I say she got what she deserved when Izaak saw the light and when he beat her two weeks ago!”[/COLOR] Apparently Alicia had had enough. She charged out of the back and attacked Primus, who seemed positively startled that she had the courage to do so. Jez quickly followed out and this turned into a proper match. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] Even though Alicia and Primus had bad chemistry in the ring, they still put on a halfway decent match. Primus was staggered by Alicia’s surprisingly fierce offense. She even managed to drop the bigger man to his back but once Primus recovered his wits, he fought back with a vengeance. The Rev commented that Alicia was taking blows that would have cowed Bruce the Giant in his prime, but she just kept coming. As the match wore on, you could tell that Primus was getting worried. Finally, Primus went for a short-arm clothesline, only to have Alicia duck it, snare his arm, and drop him to the mat with a Strong Arm Tactic. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 8:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] These two didn’t even wait for the bell to sound before they tore into each other. Jez had to jump out of the way before he got clobbered. Joey seemed bound and determined to not only beat Mainstream but to hurt him in the process as well. Mainstream seemed to desire the same thing of Joey. Both men put on some incredible high spots that kept the crowd roaring for more. In the end, Joey went for a double-axe handle blow from the top rope, only to catch a drop kick to the jaw. Joey was down and reeling, so Mainstream capitalized by leaping to the top rope and hitting an Apparition #14. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 11:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Coming to the North West was a gamble that seemed to pay off. This show got a rating of 0.59, the highest rating we’ve ever gotten, I think. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Thomas Morgan defeated Mean Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez (c) defeated Ash Campbell to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Primus Allen [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez (c) defeated Joey Beauchamp to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, April 2012[/I] Held at the West Texas Coliseum in the Mid South Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] 1) In a segment filmed earlier in the day, Jay Chord found me backstage and asked to speak to me. Jay was doing his best to look very humble but by the look on my face, you could tell that I wasn’t buying it for a second. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Look, Scap, I know I haven’t always behaved myself the way I should,” [/COLOR]he started. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I know I’ve come off as arrogant and rude...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Don’t forget self-centered,”[/COLOR] I added. Jay glared at me and looked about ready to say something but he obviously thought better of it. He took a deep breath and continued. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But in a week a half we’re going to have the second Rip Chord Memorial Show. I was hoping that you would do me the honor of giving me a title shot against Mainstream Hernandez. Think about it: Rip’s son taking on one of the wrestlers Rip discovered. There wouldn’t be a better or more fitting tribute to my father. What do you say?”[/COLOR] I appeared to be considering it but then shook my head. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “I can’t do it, Jay, I just can’t. You’ve held the Grand Championship twice now and both times, your reigns were extremely short. In my mind, you’re going to have to work to regain it. But I’m not going to exclude you from the show. Instead, I’ll book you against Joanne Rodriguez for the Regional Championship.”[/COLOR] I smiled and walked away, leaving Jay to fume. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 2) Live and in the ring, Mainstream Hernandez came out and said that he wanted a challenge tonight. He said that one of the greatest Grand Champions we’ve had so far is Alicia Strong. He wants to test himself against her. He challenged her to a match and said it would be for the Grand Championship. Alicia came out and said that if Mainstream wanted his title reign to be even shorter than Jay’s, that was fine by her. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the response 3) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. MARC SPEED[/B] The Rev and I hyped up Thomas Morgan, how he’s a diamond in the rough and how he really impressed everyone in the back when he defeated Mean Jean Cattley a few weeks ago. Thomas and Marc put on a decent opening bout but it came to a screeching halt as Thomas tried to bring Marc down once and for all. There was no doubt that he would do it; he was firmly in control and everyone knew it. But then Mean Jean Cattley charged out to the ring and blatantly attacked him. Jez immediately called for the bell and quickly got Mean Jean out of there. Mean Jean left, screaming abuse at Thomas the whole way out of the ring. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]by DQ in 6:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 4) Citizen X was on a cell phone looking pretty distraught. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “You have got to be kidding me, Professor! You mean this Charlotte Nefis really was a famous pirate? ... She did what? ... How much? ... I see. Thank you, professor.” [/COLOR]X hung up the phone and looked to be in a furious mood. He ran across Remmy Skye. Remmy saw him coming and started humming some pirate ditties. X took exception to that and got in Remmy’s face. Before anything could actually come to blows, Remmy suggested they go out to the ring and finish things there. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 5) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. CITIZEN X[/B] Wow. These two put on a great match. Remmy continued his mockery of X after the bell sounded. Remmy and X locked up and when X was pushed away, Remmy danced a little jig for him, capping off the performance with a hearty “Arrrrrr!” That proved to be an unwise move. It lit a fire under X and he basically ripped Remmy apart, finally dropping him with a Flaming Anarchy. WINNER: [B]Citizen X[/B] in 7:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) X got a mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Okay, de Aske, I’ll admit, you’ve got one impressive lady in your family tree. But that doesn’t mean you’re any less of a loser. And I’ll prove it in a week and a half. What’s say you and I go head-to-head at the Rip Chord Memorial Show?”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] 7) Future Threat came out to the ring. They challenged the Gauge Brothers to a non-title match, saying that they wanted to see who the better team was without the pressure of the titles. The Gauges came out and said that they’d be more than willing to humiliate Davis and Parker again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] for the challenge;[COLOR="blue"] E+ [/COLOR]for the response 8) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. FUTURE THREAT[/B] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ve never seen Future Threat this intense before!” [/COLOR]the Rev commented. Even though it wasn’t a title shot, Parker and Davis certainly acted like it was. They were intense, they were hungry, and they gave the Gauges a run for their money. That, along with the fact that Parker and Davis resorted to some double-teaming tactics made for a good fight. In the end, Steven Parker changed places with Davis Wayne Newton while the ref wasn’t looking so he could continue the assault on Matthew. Greg protested and tried to get into the ring to stop him, but Jez spotted that and went over to keep him out. While Jez was distracted, Davis slid a chair into the ring and Steven dropped Matthew onto it with a Future Shock. Davis pulled the chair out as Parker made the pin. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 8:56 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) Greg helped Matt get out of the ring as Parker and Davis celebrated their victory. That was short lived as the Titans hit the ring and beat them savagely. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 10) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. ALICIA STRONG [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] These two put on the match of the night. Both competitors seemed grim, but Alicia seemed particularly focused. The Rev commented that her father was shining through her and said that intensity was part of the reason why Sam Strong was a legend in the business. Regardless of whether or not that’s true, it sounded really good. These two put on a match that kept the crowd cheering through most of it. Alicia scored the first pinfall but Mainstream kicked out at one and a half. Mainstream answered with a pin of his own. When Alicia kicked out, Mainstream laughed good-naturedly but Alicia didn’t reciprocate. The match continued until Alicia finally got Mainstream down and into the Strong Arm Tactic. Mainstream tried to fight his way out, but in the process, they managed to roll over Jez MacArthuer. Jez took a nasty spill out of the ring and banged his head on the floor. Mainstream and Alicia finally came to rest in the middle of the ring. Mainstream tried to escape but Alicia cinched up the hold even tighter, causing Mainstream to scream in agony. But then Izaak Tischler hit the ring with a chair and bashed Alicia over the back of the head. Alicia collapsed onto Mainstream, who seemed to pass out as well. When Jez recovered and got back into the ring, he looked a little confused but started to count both of them out. By the time Jez reached six both competitors were on their feet again and the match continued, but some of the wind had been taken out of Alicia’s sails. Mainstream was able to block most of her offense and finally took Alicia out with an Apparition #14. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 12:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 11) Alicia looked somewhat confused, leading the Rev to wonder if she even knew who hit her with the chair. But any confusion she may have had disappeared as Izaak came out and waved at her with a wicked grin on her face. Alicia glared at him before Izaak laughed and went backstage. Mainstream, who didn’t see Izaak, turned around and went over to Alicia and offered her his hand. Alicia glared at him and then turned around and stormed out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad. We got a rating of 0.60. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Thomas Morgan defeated Marc Speed by DQ [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Citizen X defeated Remmy Skye [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat defeated the Gauge Brothers [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez (c) defeated Alicia Strong to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/I] [/COLOR]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

so..... it just occured to me who the big investor is. the return of JK Stallings:eek: !!! it makes sense! the former HGC owner is back and is changing the face of pro wrestling! he missed it too much to stay away long. ;) well, thats my hunch. great diary, been reading since the 05 SWF diary.:)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] Thursday of Week 3, April 2012 Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 2,000 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the crowd to the show. 1) A graphic on the big screen informed everyone that tonight’s main event was going to be Jay Chord teaming with Joey Beauchamp against MWA Regional Champion Joanne Rodriguez and MWA Grand Champion Mainstream Hernandez. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) Mean Jean Cattley appeared on screen next and addressed Thomas Morgan. He said that it was time to separate the men from the boys. He said that in a few days, the MWA would be in Perry Hall for the second annual Rip Chord Memorial Show. He informed Thomas that he had a match, namely one against him. He said that Thomas needed to learn his place and would. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] Greg and Hugh put on a spectacular match that got the crowd hopping. Greg didn’t seem to take Hugh too seriously at first, but that quickly changed as Hugh battered him around the ring. Greg tried to get Hugh and down into the Proton Lock at one point, but Hugh was able to slither out of it. He then took Greg out using the Skull and Cross Bones. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 6:50 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Hugh then got the mic and addressed Citizen X. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So ye’ve finally seen the truth, matey? Good on ya! But apparently that fancy perfessor of yours didn’ warn ya about what Charlotte Nefis was best at. Pity. You’ll just have to find out when we meet in Perry Hall!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 5) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Ash did his best to take Izaak down in this match, but Izaak proved to be too much for him. Izaak eventually got Ash down and into a triangle choke that caused him to pass out. WINNER:[B] Izaak Tischler [/B]in 9:33 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Izaak is about to leave the ring when Alicia Strong’s entrance music hit. Izaak dropped into a defensive stance immediately. Alicia came out and held her hands up. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Relax, Izaak, I’m not here to fight you. Not yet. “I think it’s become pretty clear that you and I have hit an impasse. Part of me hoped that we could maybe make up, but it’s become clear that will never happen. And it’s also obvious that we’re both having troubles moving on. So I suggest we finish things once and for all at the Rip Chord Memorial Show ... in a steel cage. What do you say?”[/COLOR] Izaak didn’t look too happy about that but then smiled and got a mic. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Alicia, you just don’t know when to quit, do you? If you want to run the risk of messing up your pretty little face, then let’s do it.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) A graphic appeared on screen announcing another of the matches signed at the Rip Chord Memorial Show, namely a three-way battle for the MWA Tag Team Championship. It will be the Gauges defending their titles against both Future Threat and the Titans at the same time. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 8) [B]MATTHEW GAUGE vs. PRIMUS ALLEN vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] As a little taste of what the crowd can expect in Perry Hall, we had three members of that match square off. If this is any indication of what we’re in for, it’ll be a great tag team match. I booked these three because they’ve been sort of the “quiet” partners in their respective teams and I thought it would be fun to see what they were capable of together. In a word, they were intense and they got the crowd on their feet more than once. At first, it appeared as if Primus and Davis had some sort of alliance against Matthew. They kept double-teaming him and keeping him down. Eventually, though, that broke down, especially as Davis tried to get Matthew pinned. They mixed it up for a solid nine and a half minutes before Primus put Davis down with a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 9:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Primus was joined in the ring by Bulldozer Brandon Smith. They celebrated their win for a few moments before looking at Primus’s fallen foes. With only a glance at each other, they launched into a brutal attack, stomping on Matthew and Davis with abandon. That’s when Greg Gauge and Steven Parker hit the ring and attacked the Titans. But things broke down and soon, all six men were brawling with each other in the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 10) Joey Beauchamp came out to the ring with a ****y swagger. He rolled into the ring and got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So tonight I guess I’m tagging with Jay Chord against Joanne Rodriguez and Mainstream Hernandez. Now, I can understand why the booking committee wanted to put J-Ro and Jay in a match. They’re facing off at the Rip Chord Memorial Show for the Regional Championship. But why put them in a tag match with Mainstream and me, hmmmmm? Could it be that they know something? “And you know, Mainstream, I think you know what they know. You’ve been coming out here and saying you’re looking for challenges for your MWA Grand Championship. You know who the best challenge is going to be... me. What do you say? Do you dare step into the ring with me again?”[/COLOR] Mainstream came out with an incredulous look on his face. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Joey, your delusions of grandeur are causing you amnesia. How many times have I beaten you again? I’ve lost count. But if you want to add one more loss to that tally, feel free. I’ll see you in Perry Hall after J-Ro and I have destroyed you and Jay.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the response 11) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ & JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. JAY CHORD & JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] A pretty intense match. There was some initial confusion as the partners tagged each other in and out of the ring, mostly to avoid having to face their soon-to-be-opponents. Finally, Jay and Mainstream started things off. It was a decent match, although you could tell there was some tension between Joey and Jay. The Rev said that was understandable since the two had been after each other when Jay held the Grand Championship. In the end, Jay shocked everyone by taking Mainstream down with a Super DDT. He made the pin easily. When J-Ro tried to save her partner, Joey was there to keep her away. WINNERS: [B]Jay Chord & Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 12:06 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad. I thought the main event would have done better than it did. Oh well. We got a rating of 0.60. After the show, Ash Campbell pulled me aside and asked me for some time off. I figure that’s no problem; I can’t really use him that well anyway since he’s never available for our monthly shows. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Greg Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Ash Campbell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Matthew Gauge and Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord & Joey Beauchamp defeated Mainstream Hernandez & Joanne Rodriguez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

From MWA.com - [QUOTE] [CENTER]Be sure to attend [SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“The 2nd Annual Rip Chord Memorial Show”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] this Sunday at Perry Hall![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [B][I]Mean Jean Cattley defends his [COLOR="Red"]Rising Star Title [/COLOR]against Thomas Morgan -[/I][/B] These two have been dancing around it for weeks now. It’s time for them to see who the true rising star is! [I][B]Citizen X takes on Hugh de Aske -[/B][/I] Ever since Hugh came to the Midwest Wrestling Association, there’s been tension between him and Citizen X, especially since Agent 69 was taken out of the equation. Will X put Hugh in his place? Or will the pirate steal a victory? [B][I]The Gauge Brothers take on both the Titans and Future Threat with [COLOR="red"]the Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] in the balance -[/I][/B] The tag team division has heated up in recent weeks with both the Titans and Future Threat trying to take down the champs. Who will emerge victorious with the straps? [B][I]Alicia Strong and Izaak Tischler meet in [COLOR="Purple"]a steel cage match [/COLOR]-[/I][/B] There’s been bad blood between these two ever since Izaak left Alicia at the altar. Now Alicia has the chance to make Izaak feel some of the pain he left her. Or will Izaak add to Alicia’s heartbreak by beating her one-two-three? [B][I]Jay Chord tries to take [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]away from Joanne Rodriguez -[/I][/B] Some may see this as a consolation prize after “Scapino” refused to give Jay a title shot against Mainstream Hernandez. Now Jay has something to prove by trying to take the belt away from Joanne Rodriguez. But it’s unlikely that J-Ro will just roll over and let him take it. [B][I]Mainstream Hernadez defends [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]against Joey Beauchamp -[/I][/B] These two have clashed many times in the past. Now they do it again with the highest belt in the MWA on the line. Will Mainstream retain the gold? Or will Joey leave Perry Hall the new Grand Champion? [CENTER][SIZE="3"]Find out this Sunday at [COLOR="DarkRed"]“The 2nd Annual Rip Chord Memorial Show”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“The 2nd Annual Rip Chord Memorial Show”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Sunday of Week 3, April 2012[/I] Held at Perry Hall in the Great Lakes Territory 1,900 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the DVD audience to the show. 1) The first thing to play was a video package, highlighting the feud between Mainstream and Joey Beauchamp. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring. Actually, he more like strutted out to the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I don’t know if you heard the news or not, but Thomas Morgan isn’t here tonight. That’s right, he knew that I would be here and I’d be ready to face off against him for the MWA Rising Star Title, and he decided to save his own skin by not showing up.”[/COLOR] When the crowd booed him a little, he shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I know. I’m just as disappointed as you are. Here I thought Thomas Morgan was made of sterner stuff than that. “But never fear, the booking committee, in their infinite wisdom, has put me in a replacement match. You will see your Rising Star in action tonight!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] 3) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Remmy was off his game tonight. It was a decent opening bout, but I expected a little more from them. Remmy put up a good fight but a few of his missed spots were noticeable. In the end, Mean Jean finished him off with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 9:42 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Joey Beauchamp appeared on the big screen. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Tonight we once again remember Rip Chord, a man who had a lasting impact on the world of professional wrestling. Now, I never really had the chance to talk to Rip, even though he and I worked for the same company. Different circles and all that. But I have this feeling that he would have liked me. “He would have recognized the greatness in me. He would have seen in me the seeds of a future legend. That’s why tonight, I truly believe that the spirit of Rip Chord rests on me and will carry me through to victory. I’m sure he would enjoy my inevitable victory over Mainstream Hernandez as much as I would.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) [B]CITIZEN X vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] Hmmmm. The crowd really thudded with this one. X and Hugh tried to get the crowd behind them but to no avail. X looked to be on fire for this one. He kept after Hugh from the moment the bell rung. Hugh seemed largely unconcerned, something that seemed to madden the Rev. “After getting nearly pinned that many times, the last thing I’d be doing is grinning like some dang fool!” the Rev thundered on commentary. As X tried to set up Hugh for the Flaming Anarchy, someone charged out to the ring. It was Agent 69! She vaulted to the ring apron and started shouting encouragement to X. X seemed even more intense after she showed up and started to really work harder to put Hugh away. He charged at Hugh, who sidestepped and allowed him to smash into Jez MacArthuer. That’s when 69 interjected herself. She clambered up to the top turnbuckle and launched herself ... at Citizen X. X only had a split second to look surprised before 69's missile drop-kick took him down. Hugh then picked up X and slammed him to the mat with the Skull and Cross Bones. He made the pin while 69 quickly revived Jez. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 7:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 6) 69 hugged Hugh in the ring and pulled off her sexy spy outfit to reveal an even sexier (and skimpier) pirate outfit. Hugh got the mic and leaned over X. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Arrrr, matey. Your fancy-pants perfesser apparently never told you why Charlotte Nefis was such an effective pirate! She succeeded because she was able to always turn her enemies into her friends. And what d’ye know? Her descendants still do it too!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] 7) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS (c) vs. FUTURE THREAT vs. THE TITANS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] As the teams made their entrance, I explained on commentary that this was a tag team elimination match. If someone got pinned, he and his teammate were out. This match really helped wash out the taste of the last one. All three teams really took it to the next level. The Gauges seemed to be in control early on, but after five minutes, Greg went for a Proton Lock on Davis Wayne Newton. Davis struggled and managed to trip Greg up, getting him in an STF instead. Parker charged in and managed to fend off Matthew and the Titans, giving Davis enough time to make Greg tap out. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That means we’ll definitely have new tag champs tonight!” [/COLOR]the Rev said. The match continued with the Titans and Parker and Davis ramping things up even more. In the end, Parker looked to be on fire and ready to put away Bulldozer Brandon Smith. Primus Allen came in and tried to take him out, but Parker was ready for him. He quickly dropped Primus with a Future Shock, but in his dazed and exhausted condition, he fell on Primus for the pin. Jez refused to count since Primus wasn’t the legal man. Parker was pretty upset about that and started to yell at Jez for his audacity ... and the distraction proved enough for Bulldozer to get up and drop Parker with an inverted DDT. WINNERS: [B]The Titans [/B]in 11:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) Mainstream Hernandez appeared on the big screen. He thanked the crowds for coming. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know, I find it ironic that Joey spoke so reverently about Rip Chord earlier tonight. See, Joey, Rip and I were pretty good friends, ever since I worked for him in the original MAW. And you know what? Rip told me all about the way you behaved backstage. You didn’t think he noticed your constant attempts to suck up to him and the other road agents? “You may find this hard to believe, Joey, but Rip wouldn’t have had any patience for you, and the simple reason why is because above all else, Rip valued talent, hustle, loyalty, and respect. You may have one; I won’t deny that you’re a talented worker. But you definitely don’t have the other three. Which means that while you may put up a great fight, the Grand Championship isn’t going anywhere.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) Alicia Strong came out to the ring and stood in it as the crew quickly assembled the cage walls. As they did, she got a mic and started talking. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Well, Izaak. It all comes down to this. You and me, one on one, in a steel cage. You know, it didn’t have to be this way. It still doesn’t. Just say the word and I’ll forget this whole thing and you and I can go somewhere to talk. Come on, Izaak. Just come out and say you’re sorry for what you did.”[/COLOR] Nothing happened. As Alicia waited, the cage was finished. She finally shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Have it your way then.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. IZAAK TISCHLER [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a steel cage match[/COLOR] The Rev said that this was a cage classic match. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“These are brutal,” the Rev explained. “None of that ‘all you have to do is escape’ nonsense. The only way out is to get your opponent pinned and most everyone I know is quick to put the walls of the cage to good use.”[/COLOR] That proved to be the case here. Izaak came out to the ring and snarled at Alicia when he saw her. Alicia tried to talk to him anyway. She was rewarded for her efforts with a sharp slap to the face. Alicia staggered for a moment, then exploded in fury, leaping onto Izaak and beating him down. She then hauled him to one of the ropes and threw him face-first into the cage wall. The match proceeded from there. Izaak eventually got busted open after kissing the wall again, but Alicia wound up with enough blood on her that it looked like she got cut too. Both of them started looking pretty beat at fifteen minutes. They traded some half-hearted blows before Alicia caught a second wind and went after Izaak again, only to have her offense shut down by a quick thrust kick. Finally, Alicia tried to get Izaak into the Strong Arm Tactic. Izaak fought back and managed to roll through. He then snapped her into his arms for a vicious spinebuster. He picked her up by the hair, threw her face-first into the cage walls, and as she rebounded, hit her with an implant DDT for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 19:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Izaak continued the assault even though the match was over, stomping and kicking Alicia while she was down. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 12) Jay Chord came out to the ring to a small pop from the crowds. He sneered at them. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So here we are, at the second annual Rip Chord memorial show ...” [/COLOR]He had to pause as the crowd started chanting his father’s name. Jay looked increasingly angry before he burst and screamed for the crowds to shut up. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“None of you knew my father. You only think you did! And I find it ironic that now he’s finally getting the recognition he deserved. How did most of you treat him? As a joke! That’s right, I remember sitting in a wrestling crowd shortly before my father retired and hearing you morons chant that ‘Rip sucks!’ and that he should be put out to pasture. And now you idiots have the gall to pretend like you’ve always been fans of his? I don’t think so!”[/COLOR] RATING: D+ 13) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ (c) vs. JAY CHORD [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Joanne charged the ring before Jay could continue in his tirade. She dove under the bottom rope and was on Jay before the bell even rang. They put together a really good match. J-Ro showed off some of her flying skills while Jay concentrated on his matwork to try to ground her. After keeping the fans on their feet for most of the match, Jay finally blocked a J-Rocker and put Joanne down with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 9:38 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 14) Joanne wobbled to her feet and looked disappointed in herself. But she stepped over to Jay and offered him her hand anyway. Jay took one look at her and laughed, then rolled out of the ring and stalked to the back without acknowledging the crowd. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 15) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] The crowd was buzzing enough after the last couple of matches that I think they helped push this match up even higher than it would have been. Mainstream and Joey put on a spectacular aerial battle, trading high-speed blows that kept the crowd screaming for more. In the end, though, Mainstream was able to put Joey down with the Apparition #14. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 19:40 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Once again, I wish we had Pay-Per-View. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“The 2nd Annual Rip Chord Memorial Show”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Remmy Skye to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Citizen X[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]The Titans defeated Future Threat and the Gauge Brothers (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Alicia Strong in [COLOR="Purple"]a steel cage match [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Joanne Rodriguez (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez (c) defeated Joey Beauchamp to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 4, April 2012[/I] Held at the North Carolina Biker Museum in the Mid Atlantic Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone to the show. 1) Jay Chord came out to the ring and held the MWA Regional Championship over his head before the booing crowd. He go the mic and addressed me: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s right, Scapino, you were so sure that I couldn’t get it done. You thought that I had botched my title reigns with the Grand Championship, but look what happened! I went into the ring and proved why I am a force to be reckoned with. I humiliated Joanne Rodriguez and took her title! I got what I deserved last week. “You know who else got what she deserved? Alicia Strong. That’s right, those of you who haven’t gotten the DVD yet, she got her ass handed to her by Izaak Tischler. I’d be surprised if she even shows up tonight, it was so embarrassing. Here she’s been parading around like some sort of tough chick but she just melted inside that cage. Maybe now she’ll know to leave wrestling to...”[/COLOR] He couldn’t finish his thought. Alicia Strong came out to the ring. She didn’t look too good; She had a bandage wrapped around her forehead and her right arm was taped up. But she had fire in her eyes. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You think I’m some sort of coward, Jay? You should know better by now. I’ve never backed down from a fight and, as near as I can tell, you seem to want one for tonight. So let’s make this title reign like all your others: mercifully short.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 2) Mean Jean Cattley was in the ring next, mocking Thomas Morgan once again for no-showing for their match last week. Apparently Thomas didn’t appreciate the humor: he charged the ring and attacked Mean Jean. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 3) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Mean Jean was simply overwhelmed by Thomas’s initial offense. He eventually managed to fight back, but it clearly wasn’t enough. Eventually, Mean Jean bailed out of the ring and walked up the aisle, shouting abuse at Thomas as Jez MacArthuer counted him out. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]by count out in 7:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) A video played of the Titans, letting people know that they were the new tag team champs. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 5) Greg Gauge was watching the monitor looking disgusted. He turned around and found himself face to face with Steven Parker. The two of them got into an argument, first about whose fault it was that the Titans had the straps, and then about which team would actually face the new champs first. Greg finally suggested that Steven go find Davis and the two teams would fight it out later tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 6) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. MARC SPEED[/B] Wow. A better match than I expected. I realized recently that Remmy has really had a raw end of things lately and has been a jobber for a lot of people. So I threw him a bone tonight. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 9:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. FUTURE THREAT[/B] A pretty good match. The Rev hyped up how both teams were evenly matched and both could lay claim to the #1 Contender slot, seeing as both teams were past champions. In the end, Steven Parker put Matthew Guage down with the Future Shock. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 8:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Hugh de Aske came out to the ring with a large parchment and an over-the-top quill pen. He said that before he came to the MWA, he made a list of things he wanted to do. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“First, get people to know who I am. Based on the number of people who come to these events wearin’ eye patches, I’d say that’s done. Two, find a wench who will stand by me side. Arrrr, wait ‘til ye see Agent 69 now. Ye won’t recognize her. And three, get some booty. No, that’s not the same as two. It means I need to get some gold. And I know where I’m going to get it.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) A video played, highlighting past matches between Jay Chord and Alicia Strong. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 10) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Alicia and Jay didn’t even wait for the bell. They practically ran Jez down to get at each other. The match itself was the best of the evening and really got the crowd going. A lot of people were solidly behind Alicia and were pumped every time she took the lead. The problem was, as the Rev pointed out, Alicia was feeling the after effects of the brutal cage match ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And if you want to see why, make sure you head over to our website and buy the DVD!”[/COLOR]). Her taped-up arm was especially problematic. When she went for the Strong Arm Tactic early on, she shrieked in pain and had to release Jay before really getting it locked in. Jay took advantage of this and did his best to stomp or twist or overextend the injured arm whenever he could. Finally, though, Alicia managed to gain control of the match. She was even got Jay into the Strong Arm Tactic when Izaak Tischler charged out of the back with a steel chair and smashed her over the head with it, making it look like she was busted open. Jez immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]by DQ in 9:59 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Jay got to his feet and stared at Izaak. They glared at each other, then Jay shrugged and motioned for Izaak to continue. Izaak did, pounding on Alicia with abandon before security boiled into the ring and pulled him out of there. But the damage had been done. Alicia lay very still in the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too shabby overall. We got a rating of 0.61. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Thomas Morgan defeated Mean Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Remmy Skye defeated Marc Speed[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat defeated the Gauge Brothers [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Jay Chord (c) by DQ, so Jay retains the MWA Regional Championship [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"][I]New Blood[/I][/SIZE] [B][I]Friday of Week 4, April 2012 -[/I][/B] My cell phone rang somewhere across the hotel room. I groaned and rolled over. I had left the Biker Museum late the night before; apparently some suits from the network were concerned about where I was going with the whole Izaak Tischler and Alicia Strong story. Some viewers had complained about having Izaak beat Alicia up; never mind the fact that Alicia had spent most of her time in the MWA beating up all the men. I stumbled over to my pants, glancing at the clock as I went. 3:42. Who would be calling me this late ... or would it be this early? I grumbled as I fished through my pockets. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What?” [/COLOR]I snapped into the phone. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Hey, Scap. Did I wake you?”[/COLOR] My eyes snapped open. I hadn’t heard this voice in a long time. I tried to speak, but words couldn’t come out. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sorry if I did. Listen, I need some help...”[/COLOR] [B][I]Wednesday of Week 1, May 2012 -[/I][/B] As I drove to the Garrison from the Minneapolis airport, my mind raced. What the hell was I thinking? This was ludicrous. I fought the urge to look at my passenger. Things had been awkward enough when I picked her up; openly staring at her likely wouldn’t make things any better. If someone had told me a week earlier that I would be offering someone a contract, site unseen, I would have laughed in their face. But how could I refuse? Silence dominated the trip. I led my guest into the back room, Paulie giving me an upset look which I gladly returned. The Rev looked up from the announce table as I walked in. He eyed my guest for a moment before rising and offering her his hand. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Have we met?” [/COLOR]he asked. My guest shook her head. I suggested she might go change into her gear. The Rev watched her go for a moment before turning to me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Get into her gear?” [/COLOR]he repeated. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Is she a wrestler?”[/COLOR] I nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Her name’s Kumiko Nomura from Hokkaido. She goes by the name of ‘Junior,’ from what I understand. Don’t ask me why; I tried to find out and I didn’t understand most of what she said.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And she’s working for us now? As a wrestler?”[/COLOR] I nodded, wincing for a moment. The other day, the Rev and I had gotten into an argument about what kind of talent we needed at this point. The Rev said we should focus on established names whereas I insisted we try to grow our own talent. I worried that this would start it up again, but thankfully, the Rev stared at the women’s lockerroom and chewed his lower lip. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Is she any good?” [/COLOR]he asked. I shrugged as she came out, dressed and ready to go. Alicia came out with a puzzled look on her face and I asked her to get into the ring with Junior. Alicia seemed a bit surprised, but she did so. As the Rev and I watched, Junior and Alicia put on a quick, impromptu match. By the time it was done, I could tell that they were both surprised and pleased. Junior was pretty good in the ring. I told Junior to save some of it for Powerhouse tomorrow night and she nodded, heading to the back with Alicia. Once Junior and Alicia were out of earshot, the Rev turned to me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Okay, so why did you hire her? How did you even hear about her?”[/COLOR] I winced again. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I can’t say.”[/COLOR] The Rev’s eyes narrowed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Can’t or won’t?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“A little of both,” [/COLOR]I answered. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Look, it’s part of the deal. I can’t say anything about it. Just trust me, okay?”[/COLOR] The Rev studied my face for a few moments before shrugging. I breathed a sigh of relief. Hopefully this would pan out.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, May 2012[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 2,000 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone to the show. 1) A video played, hyping the fact that Future Threat had beaten the Gauge Brothers last week and were now going to take on the Titans for the MWA Tag Team Championship. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 2) [B]FUTURE THREAT vs. THE TITANS (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A sort of blah match even though I told them to go out there and really tear things up. Parker put up a decent fight but in the end, Bulldozer and Primus were able to run over the competition pretty hard. WINNERS: [B]The Titans [/B]in 8:40 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) Apparently Parker’s spirited defense really upset the Titans. After tossing Davis out of the ring, Bulldozer and Primus beat the holy hell out of Parker, finally threading his arm through a steel chair and stomping on the seat, resulting in Parker screaming in agony and clutching his arm as if it had been shattered. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring, absolutely furious. He got into the ring and said that he was sick and tired of those Internet losers who seem to think that he’s somehow scared of Thomas Morgan. He said he wasn’t scared of Thomas at all. He said he could beat anybody, anytime, and he was going to prove it tonight. He suddenly rolled out of the ring and started pacing at ringside. He finally stopped and pointed at a young Japanese lady, who seemed rather startled. Mean Jean ordered her into the ring. The Japanese woman looked at her friends in shock and followed Mean Jean into the ring. Mean Jean repeated what he said earlier about being able to beat anyone at anytime, and then punctuated the statement with a clothesline that slammed the woman into the mat. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 5) [B]SOME JAPANESE WOMAN vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] As the Rev and I howled in protest, Mean Jean continued to beat on the woman. He finally pinned her lazily ... only to have the woman kick out. Jean stared at her in shock but continued his assault. After another minute of punches and a scoop slam, Jean made the pin again. The woman kicked out again. Mean Jean rocked back on his heels and stared at her in shock. Big mistake. She leapt on him and before Mean Jean knew what was happening, the woman was beating the tar out of him. She finally hopped onto the top ropes and launched herself at him, taking him down with a flying bulldog. She quickly turned it into a pinning predicament. WINNER: [B]Some Japanese woman [/B]in 7:50 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) Jez MacArthuer, who seemed to be in shock, raised the woman’s hand in victory. She pumped her fist and jumped up and down in excitement, only to be clubbed over the back of the head by Mean Jean. Jean didn’t let up now, kicking and punching her as she tried to get away. But then Thomas Morgan hit the ring and chased Mean Jean out of there. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOEY POISON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Izaak sneered at the crowd’s mostly negative reaction to his entrance. Joey seemed the crowd favorite, mostly because he came out wearing an Alicia Strong t-shirt. The match itself was brutal and really got the crowd hopping. Joey seemed more interested in getting Izaak to apologize for his recent behavior than in actually trying to beat him. Yet no matter what Joey threw at him, Izaak simply would not budge. Nor would he submit. Finally, Izaak put on a burst of offense that overwhelmed Joey and ended with Izaak getting Joey into a move the Rev identified as an Argentine leglock. The Rev grumbled that he was the one who taught Izaak that move, but he wasn’t proud of that. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 8:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) The big screen lit up with Joanne Rodriguez’s very angry face. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hey, Tischler! You think you’re some sort of big man, beating up on Alicia every chance you get? Well, guess what. You’ve gone too far this time. I’m not going to stop until I make you pay!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) Mainstream Hernandez came out to the ring and said that he was glad he was still the Grand Champion. He added that he hadn’t forgotten his promise to be a fighting champion. He said that if anyone wanted a shot at the title, they should come out right now. After a few moments, Ash Campbell came out to the ring and said that if Mainstream was offering, he’d take him up on it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the response 9) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. ASH CAMPBELL [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] One of Ash’s better matches, but not how we should have ended this show. Ash and Mainstream put on a great aerial battle but the crowd just didn’t get into it like I had hoped. Finally Mainstream put Ash away with an Apparition #14. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 10:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) With the match over, Mainstream celebrated. But it was all cut short by Hugh de Aske charging into the ring to attack Mainstream and beat him down. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Overall not too bad. We got a rating of 0.55. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]The Titans (c) defeated Future Threat to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Some Japanese woman defeated Mean Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez (c) defeated Ash Campbell to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Thursday of Week 2, May 2012 -[/I][/B] And the SWF’s woes continue to mount. Now Wolf Hawkins has decided that they’re not big enough for him and he’s leaving. Makes me wish that the MWA was in a better position in terms of popularity and size! All this great talent just sitting around and nobody’s going for them!

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 2, May 2012[/I] Held at the West Texas Coliseum in the Mid South Territory 2,000 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our viewers to the show. 1) Things kicked off with the Grand Champion in the ring. Mainstream Hernandez looked particularly angry. He said that he didn’t get Hugh de Aske. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Obviously my title is the ‘booty’ that he’s after,” Mainstream said. “But instead of taking my open challenge that I made last week, Hugh attacked me like a coward. He had plenty of time to take the challenge before Ash did. “So I’ll make this easy for you, Hugh. You want this title? You can come and get it.”[/COLOR] Hugh’s entrance music hit and Hugh came out to the ring entrance. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Ahoy there, champ! It’s true, I be wantin’ yer title. And I be more than willin’ to fight ye fer it. But not here. Not tonight. Instead, we’ll cross swords at ‘Unbowed, Unbroken.’”[/COLOR] RATING:[COLOR="Blue"] D+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the response 2) A video played, reminding people of how Mean Jean Cattley got beaten by a woman out of the audience last week. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F+[/COLOR] 3) [B]MARC SPEED vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Mean Jean did not look happy going out to the ring. The Rev said his defeat last week must have stung extra hard. Mean Jean remained in control of the match for the most part. The few times that Marc tried to get in control, Mean Jean shut him down with well-timed underhanded moves: a thumb to the eye, using the ropes for leverage with his holds, that sort of thing. Mean Jean finally finished off Marc with a low-blow and a schoolboy roll-up. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 7:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 4) Mean Jean shook off Jez’s hand and glared at the audience. But before he could leave the ring, someone vaulted the security railing and attacked him, knocking him down with a vicious forearm club. The Rev and I sputtered for a few moments before we realized that it was the same Japanese woman that Mean Jean lost to last week. Jez watched in stunned silence as the woman brutalized Mean Jean. He finally shook out of it and pulled her off of the Rising Star. Mean Jean bailed out of the ring, glaring at the woman the whole way out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F[/COLOR] 5) Remmy Skye was warming up backstage when he was accosted by Joey Beauchamp. Joey shoved Remmy and got in his face. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What’s this I hear that you have a title shot against Mainstream Hernandez tonight?” [/COLOR]he demanded. Remmy shrugged and pushed some of his multicolored hair out of his face. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well, I figured if Hugh wasn’t going to fight him tonight, I’d take a shot at it.”[/COLOR] Joey laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s rich. You think you’re championship material? You? You’re nothing but a joke! A curtain-jerker who’s only been noticed because your hairdresser can’t decide on a color. If anyone deserves that title shot, it’s me.”[/COLOR] Now Remmy laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You? I seem to recall that your record against Mainstream Hernandez isn’t all that good. How many times has he beaten you? The fans don’t want to see that. Instead, they want to see something new, something fresh. And that’s me.”[/COLOR] Remmy shoved his way past Joey, who glowered after him darkly. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. THE TITANS (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] The Rev and I explained that Steven Parker was out for a while after the vicious way the Titans attacked him last week. For that reason, the Gauges were given a title shot. The Gauges put up a great fight. They really stepped up their intensity to bring down the champs, but in the end, Bulldozer Brandon Smith was able to put Greg Gauge away with a Backdrop Driver. WINNERS: [B]The Titans [/B]in 7:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) But the Titans weren’t done with a simple pin. Primus got a steel chair and used it to knock Matthew Gauge out. Then Bulldozer dragged in the top part of the steel steps and held them in place so Primus could deliver a Running Powerslam to Grag Gauge on the top of them. They then left the ring, laughing, as paramedics rushed out to help Greg. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 8) Izaak Tischler came out to the ring next and said that he wasn’t the least bit worried about Joanne Rodriguez. He said it was really sweet the way she was sticking with Alicia Strong, but he said that in the end, it wasn’t going to matter. He would beat her and that was that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Thomas came out to a decent sized pop, making the Rev wonder if he should keep after Mean Jean’s title. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“He may be too popular for the Rising Star Title. Wouldn’t that make Mean Jean happy to know that someone else has risen up the ladder when he hasn’t?”[/COLOR] The match itself was brutal. Izaak didn’t pull any punches and looked like he was simply out to hurt Thomas as much as possible. In the end, he managed to take Thomas out with a crucifix slam. WINNER:[B] Izaak Tischler [/B]in 7:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) Izaak celebrated his win, causing the crowd to boo. But then the boos changed over to cheers. Izaak, confused, looked around and realized that Joanne Rodriguez was charging the ring. He quickly rolled under the bottom rope and got out of there as quickly as he could. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 11) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. REMMY SKYE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Remmy and Mainstream shook hands before the match actually started. It turned out to be a great battle. Both Remmy and Mainstream took to the air and kept up the pace, barely giving the audience time to catch their breath. At one point, both men managed to slam into Jez MacArthuer, knocking the ref out. Remmy managed to hit the Skye Driver and made the pin. But since Jez was out, he was unable to make the count. After what could have been a ten count, Remmy started to crawl over to Jez to rouse him, but before he could make it, Joey Beauchamp hit the ring and attacked Remmy, capping off his assault with a DDT. He then rolled Mainstream onto Remmy and shook Jez a little before getting out of the ring. Jez recovered and made the count, but Remmy managed to kick out. Both men quickly recovered. In the end, Remmy had Mainstream staggered and clambered to the top rope to deliver a big flying move. Only Mainstream recovered and as Remmy leapt, took his opponent out of the air with a Super Kick that took Remmy right out of the air. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 10:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) Mainstream retrieved his title and, after raising Remmy’s hand in a show of respect, left the ring and headed to the back. He paused at the entrance and turned around to wave at the crowd. That’s when Hugh de Aske attacked him from behind. Mainstream tried to fight back but Hugh overwhelmed him, finally powerbombing him off the stage and through a set of tables. Hugh laughed maniacally before leaving. The show ended with a view of Mainstream’s limp body in the midst of the wreckage. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We got a rating of 0.59. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Marc Speed to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]The Titans (c) defeated the Gauge Brothers to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez (c) defeated Remmy Skye to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Archived