MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[CENTER]MWA presents... [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“On the Road”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Friday of Week 1, May 2011[/I] Held at the Asylum in the Great Lakes Territory 1,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our Internet audience to the sold out Asylum for what promises to be an eventful evening. 1)[B] AMAZING FIRE FLY vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] I figured these two might make for a fun opening match. It helped that Fly was on his game tonight. He and Thomas really tore it up and put on a great show for the audience, one that ended with Fly actually pinning Thomas after nailing a hurricanrana and following it up with a frog splash. WINNER: [B]Amazing Fire Fly [/B]in 7:36 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) Izaak Tischler came out of his locker room backstage and immediately went into a ready stance. The camera swiveled around to reveal why: Kashmir Singh and Playboy Jake Sawyer were waiting for him. When they didn’t make a move, Izaak relaxed a little and started to laugh at them. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Well, this is rich!” [/COLOR]Izaak said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Deviating from your strategy a little, gentlemen? I don’t see any weapons and both of you are right here in front of me. How, pray tell, are you going to get that special edge for your match if you’re right here?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Ah, Izaak, Izaak, Izaak,” [/COLOR]Sawyer said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I tried to warn you of this. You, my boy, are sadly without friends right now. Had you taken me up on my magnanimous offer, both Kashmir and I would have been more than happy to watch your back and make sure that Rising Star Title you’re so proud of would remain securely fastened around your waist. As it is, here you are, by yourself with no friends ... while we’ve made a new one who’s more than willing to help us achieve our goals.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Do you ever speak plainly?” [/COLOR]Izaak asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What the hell are you talking about?”[/COLOR] Sawyer smiled and pointed over Izaak’s shoulder. Izaak turned just in time to get mowed down by Joey Beauchamp. Joey set the boots to Izaak for a few minutes before Kashmir joined him, beating the tar out of Izaak while Sawyer directed the beating. Finally, Joey and Sawyer shook hands while Kashmir dragged Izaak out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER (c) vs. KASHMIR SINGH [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] The Rev practically jumped away from the announce table as he screamed for Izaak to rally. The audience was behind Izaak as well. Kashmir suffered from a bout of over-confidence. He mostly toyed with Izaak before lazily pinning him. The ref made it to two and a half and Izaak kicked out. Kashmir tried again, only this time, the count was much shorter. A third time resulted in an immediate kick out and a frustrated scream from Kashmir. Izaak slowly staggered to his feet and started to fight back. He threw a few punches that connected but eventually got taken down by a short-arm clothesline. Kashmir set the boots to him again but once again, Izaak was able to kick out of a pinfall attempt. Kashmir could hardly believe it. Izaak rallied again and took the fight to Kashmir but you could tell that he was dragging. Kashmir managed to trip him up and Izaak collapsed onto the top rope. Jez ordered Kashmir to back off and Kashmir didn’t like that. While the two of them argued, Playboy Jake Sawyer tossed his drink into Izaak’s face and then leapt up onto the apron, grabbing Izaak by the hair and yanking him down onto the top rope neck first. Izaak ricocheted off and hit the mat hard. Kashmir shoved away from Jez, picked up Izaak and finished him off with a face crusher while the Rev howled in frustration. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 9:51 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Jessica Danielson appeared on the big screen once again, pitching for AccuModeling. She told the gathered audience that whatever problem they had, the computers at AccuModeling would be able to solve them. It actually wound up being nothing more than an extended string of barely-veiled insults, but the fact that Jessica was almost busting out of her top helped the men in the audience to forgive her. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 5) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Even though these two don’t click, they were able to put together a good match together. It was a good mix of high flying action and cleverly put together mat work. In the end, Phoenix went for a Phoenix Firebird Splash, only to have Jay roll out of the way. When Phoenix stumbled to his feet, Jay hit him with a Super DDT for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 9:56 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] C[/COLOR] 6) Joey Beauchamp was lounging backstage, flipping through a local magazine and making snide comments about what he found when Alicia Strong stormed into the room. She demanded to know what was wrong with him, robbing a future superstar like Izaak of his title for a thug like Kashmir Singh. Joey laughed off her concern, saying that he’s the breeze; he goes where he wants and does what he wants. That’s why he helped Mean Jean out; he figured it’d be good for a laugh. Alicia informed him that the joke ended tonight. She said that she was going to kick his ass so hard that he was going to wish he were back across the pond selling fish and chips or whatever he was doing before the SWF dredged him up. Joey laughed at her and told her to bring it on. He then smacked her ass and strode through the door, leaving her seething. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. MARC SPEED[/B] Ash and Marc put on a great match together, with Marc relying on a number of quick short cuts to get ahead. But in the end, Ash rose above them all and took Marc out with a Shooting Star Press. WINNER: [B]Ash Cam[/B]pbell in 12:42 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 8) Joey Beauchamp came out to the ring and spent a few minutes on the mic mocking the audience. He asked what kind of stupid hicks came out to watch a woman get her ass handed to her in a main event? He said that they should all be ashamed of themselves. Then he burst out laughing and tossed the mic away, motioning for Alicia to come out for the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Wow. Just wow. These two put on a great match together. Joey wore a ****y grin through the opening minutes but that was quickly wiped off his face when Alicia hit an enzugiri that led to a two count. Once he was focused, Joey put on a great match, relying on his arsenal of high flying, high impact moves. But whatever he pulled out, Alicia was able to match him. The two kept the audience gasping as they went through their offense. The Rev commented that that was all well and good, but that Alicia also was a decent technician, which meant that she could fight Joey on the mat as well, whereas Joey was at something of a disadvantage there. His words proved prophetic. Alicia was able to ground Joey long enough to get him into the Strong Arm Tactic. Joey tried to claw his way to the bottom rope, but Alicia simply ground her knee into his back and kept him down. Joey finally tapped out. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 18:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Joey took a few moments to get to his feet, but when he did, you could see the murderous rage burning in his eyes. Alicia was so intent on posing for the crowd that she didn’t see the attack coming. Joey beat her savagely, screaming in frustration the whole time. The crowd went wild as Izaak Tischler, still battered and bruised from his match, charged the ring, steel chair in hand. He slid under the bottom rope and took a swing at Joey, who quickly got out of there. Once Joey was headed up the ramp, the old ****iness returned and he started laughing at Izaak and Alicia. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Another good show that hopefully increased our popularity. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results for [COLOR="DarkRed"]"On the Road"[/COLOR][/U] [I]Amazing Fire Fly defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh defeated Izaak Tischler (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Ultimate Phoenix [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Marc Speed [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 1, May 2011 -[/I][/B] I hate it when I find out I have 9 e-mails waiting for me. As I suspected, we were rejected by pretty much every network and PPV carrier. I’m still waiting to hear from a handful of others, but I suspect it won’t go any better. [B][I]Sunday of Week 1, May 2011 -[/I][/B] Much to my surprise, TCW fell to Cult size overnight. Perhaps it’s fall out from Rip Chord’s death. No idea. (OOC Note: this is when I applied the updated 1.3 patch) Not only that, but at EX-USA’s “We Die Young”, Grease Hogg injured Kashmir Singh, breaking his collar bone. He’ll be out for only 15 days (I guess he heals quickly), but that does mean his first title defense won’t be at our next show as planned. [B][I]Monday of Week 3, May 2011 -[/I][/B] I’ve been hip deep in contract negotiations. Most of our workers contracts came due this month and I’ve been working on keeping them all on board. I did decide to let Hollywood Bret Starr go. Charismatic or not, I’m thinking he’s been the weak link in his matches. But the SWF is having contract woes again. Both Eric Tyler and Troy Tornado have announced their intentions to let their contracts expire. Interesting. [B][I]Wednesday of Week 3, May 2011 -[/I][/B] I hated to do it, but I’m dropping Sarge. The man was expecting me to pay him to sit at home and recover from his injury. Don’t think so, sorry. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to attend [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] on Friday of Week 3, May 2011![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches - [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Robert Oxford vs. Ash Campbell Kashmir Singh defending his newly won Rising Star Title against Joey Poison Future Threat and Mean Jean Cattley defending their titles![/SIZE][/CENTER] Be there for all the action![/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Friday of Week 3, May 2011[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 1,360 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the Internet audience to the show. 1) Future Threat came out to the ring and said that they had proven that the future is now. They continued by saying that they were so confident in their abilities that they were going to challenge anyone in the back, anyone at all, to come out and go toe-to-toe with them in the ring. They wouldn’t put their titles on the line, though. Amazing Fire Fly came out and Parker and Davis immediately burst out laughing. They said that Fly was a joke and should just forget about it. They knew he had been floundering to find a tag partner and that he should just give up. Fly got the mic and said that he wasn’t about to. It was a matter of honor now. Besides, he had found a new partner. He stepped aside as some groovy music started up (sort of reminiscent of a certain ‘60s disco song). Out came a young man who introduced himself as the California Love Machine. He said he had come to the MWA to spread the love and show all these groovy cats the way, starting by teaming with Fire Fly to teach Future Threat a lesson. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]E [/COLOR]for the response 2) [B]CALIFORNIA LOVE MACHINE & AMAZING FIRE FLY vs. FUTURE THREAT[/B] The fact that Fly and CLM aren’t that over still really hurt this match. The audience simply didn’t care to watch, even though CLM and Fly took to the air. Parker and Davis put up a good fight, but the aerial offense of their opponents simply overwhelmed them. CLM capped off the match with a Departure from LAX. WINNERS: [B]California Love Machine & Amazing Fire Fly [/B]in 11:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) Alicia Strong stormed through the backstage area until she found Izaak Tischler. Alicia got in Izaak’s face and demanded to know why he came to her rescue two weeks ago. Izaak stared at her, confused, then said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Well, you seemed to need a little bit of help there...”[/COLOR] Alicia interrupted him, going on a lengthy tirade about how she didn’t need to be saved by anyone. She was rough, she was tough, she was... Izaak cut her off. He pointed out that Alicia was quick to complain about how Joey Beauchamp attacked him two weeks ago. He thought it was a little hypocritical of her to stick her nose into other people’s business but then get angry when someone tried to help her. They argued back and forth before Alicia finally told Izaak to meet her in the ring later. Izaak seemed stunned and tried to back out of the match, but Alicia kept after him until he finally agreed. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 4) Jessica Danielson met with Robert Oxford backstage to discuss his upcoming match with Ash Campbell. Jessica told Robert that Ash was particularly tricky to model; AccuModelling had to run the simulations multiple times before they found the winning combination. She said that the only way to bring Ash down was to thumb him in the eye, do four knife-edge chops, an inverted atomic drop, and then a sleeper hold. She said that the computers indicated that was the best way to proceed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 5) [B]JOEY POISON vs. MARC SPEED[/B] Ugh. I had hoped this would placate the fans after Kashmir was injured (I sent out the advance publicity before Kashmir got injured), but this just clunked through the arena and dragged the audience’s mood down. A big part of the problem was that Marc and Joey just don’t work well together. The fact that Marc is getting a little bland in his role didn’t help either. At any rate, they brawled through the ring until Joey put Marc down with an Antidote Web. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 9:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 6) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. ROBERT OXFORD[/B] Another clunker of a match. Ash may have the lineage, but he seems to have a long way to go before he can really claim his heritage. At any rate, the match consisted of Robert trying to hit the sequence of moves that Jessica described. The problem was, Ash was too quick for him. He could dodge most attempts to thumb his eye. The one time Robert got his thumb in Ash’s eye, Ash only stood still long enough for three knife-edge chops. Jessica stood at ringside and tried to get Robert to focus, but Ash was making that difficult. Finally, though, Robert managed to hit the sequence: a thumb to the eye, four knife-edge chops, an inverted atomic drop, finished with a sleeper hold that took Ash down and out. WINNER: [B]Robert Oxford [/B]in 11:26 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. JAY CHORD[/B] This got things moving in the right direction again. J-Ro and Jay put on a great technical clinic, exchanging holds and blows all over the mat. J-Ro even took to the air once or twice, once in a successful missile drop kick and once if a cross-body block that missed. Jay finally finished her off with a Super DDT. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 11:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) Backstage, Jessica Danielson was very pleased with the way Robert’s match went. Robert was as well. He smiled shyly and offered to take Jessica out for dinner to celebrate his turn of fortune. Jessica refused, saying that would be a conflict of interest. In reality, you could tell that she didn’t want to go out with a man old enough to be her father. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 9) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. ALICIA STRONG[/B] An okay match. Alicia and Izaak traded offense and momentum regularly, both of them trying to take the other out quickly but failing at each attempt. The Rev commented that he thought it was odd that these two were at each other’s throats, but he said that if this was how they had to work out their differences, so be it. In the end, Izaak managed to get Alicia down and actually got her to tap using a figure four leg lock. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 14:29 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) Alicia looked positively stunned. Izaak reached down and offered her a hand. He helped her up and looked like he was about to say something, but he never got the chance. Joey Beauchamp and Mean Jean Cattley charged the ring and attacked them. They viciously beat them down and finally rolled them out of the ring. Mean Jean then got on the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Okay, amateur night is over. It’s time to give the audience what they paid for: me. Anyone want a shot at the title? Now’s your chance.”[/COLOR] Hollywood Bret Starr came out and said that he’d take a crack at it. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the response 11)[B] HOLLYWOOD BRET STARR vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] And this match confirms my decision to get rid of Bret. It just wasn’t up to Mean Jean’s usual standards. I had hoped that Jean would be able to carry Bret through a decent match, but I guess that wasn’t to be. At any rate, Bret put up a decent (if unspectacular fight). He even looked poised to win it, but Mean Jean quickly latched onto Jez MacArthuer for protection. While Jez was distracted, Joey Beauchamp hopped into the ring and took Bret down. Mean Jean then took Bret and fired off a Mood Swing that took him down and out. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 24:51 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) Joey and Mean Jean weren’t done with Bret yet. They took him out of the ring, cleared off the announce table, and then powerbombed him through it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] This show was a train wreck, no two ways about it. (OOC Note: This is the show I was talking about. Needless to say, I'll be using the modify function on the advance booking screen a lot more regularly now). FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/COLOR][/U] [I]California Love Machine & Amazing Fire Fly defeated Future Threat -[/I] [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Joey Poison defeated Marc Speed -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Robert Oxford defeated Ash Campbell -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Joanne Rodriguez -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Alicia Strong -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Hollywood Bret Starr to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 4, May 2011 -[/I][/B] Maybe I haven’t been paying enough attention to Mexico. SOTBPW just rose to Cult size and they immediately made offers to Ultimate Phoenix and Fire Fly. I may wind up keeping Bret and Sarge around after all. And in other news, Nemesis just rejected a contract extension with TCW, saying that they weren’t big enough for him anymore. [B][I]Monday of Week 1, June 2011 -[/I][/B] Interesting day. First of all JEF in Europe went out of business. They may be joined by some American promotions soon. According to my sources, some of the smaller promotions in the U.S. are having financial problems. Second, Joanne Rodriguez has switched her style to that of Super Junior. [B][I]Friday of Week 1, June 2011 -[/I][/B] The SWF might be in big trouble. They’ve been hemorrhaging workers lately and they don’t show any signs of stopping. Today I heard a rumor that Zimmy Bumfhole was going to leave the company because they’re not big enough for him. Yikes!

[CENTER]MWA presents... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“MWA On the Road”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Friday of Week 1, June 2011[/I] Held at the Asylum in the Great Lakes Territory 1,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the Internet community to the sold out Asylum. 1) Kashmir Singh came out to the ring with Playboy Jake Sawyer in tow. Kashmir has the Rising Star Title draped over his shoulder. He got the mic, smiling in spite of the boos and jeers. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Thank you all for that warm reception,” [/COLOR]he said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I apologize if any of you were hoping to see me two weeks ago at ‘Unbowed, Unbroken,’ but after taking the title off of Izaak, I figured I deserved a mini-vacation. “There are so many people I could thank for this honor, such as my manager, or Joey Beauchamp for helping me, or Izaak Tischler for being such a piss-poor excuse of a champ as to lose to me. But really, I deserve this honor. It’s about time my genius in the ring was recognized. “And to all you losers in the back, let me just say this: there is no way any of you could ever beat me. Not now, not ever. Don’t think any of you will ever get this title, because you won’t.”[/COLOR] Joey Poison’s music hit and he came out to the ring entrance. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Are you serious? I mean, come on, your talent got you this far? Kashmir, the only talent you have is for sneaking up on guys and beating them down when they’re not ready. I should know; you pulled that stunt on me a few months ago. In a fair fight, you’d lose quickly and we all know it.”[/COLOR] Kashmir was not happy to hear that. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You think so? Then come down here right now and we’ll see who the better worker is!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the celebration; [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] for the boasting; [COLOR="blue"]F+[/COLOR] for the rest 2) [B]JOEY POISON vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] Oh yuck. Not a good way to start the evening. This match caused the crowd’s mood to drop quickly. Kashmir looked kind of lost out in the ring. Sawyer tried to keep him focused and to rally his efforts, but in the end, Joey was able to simply overwhelm him with his offense and finally took him out with an Antidote Web. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“At least Kashmir still has his title,” [/COLOR]I observed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Yeah, but now he’ll carry it around with a big ‘What if?’”[/COLOR] the Rev commented. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 15:10 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) Jessica Danielson was backstage chatting up one of our backstage workers, trying to convince him to use AccuModelling’s services. The worker seemed less than interested and walked away. Jessica sighed and walked away as well, leaving her briefcase behind. It sat there for a moment or two before someone picked it up. That someone was Citizen X. He rummaged through it and then started laughing. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I knew it!” [/COLOR]he said, then looked around before running away. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]F+[/COLOR] 4) [B]ALICIA STRONG & JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. FUTURE THREAT (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] The ladies looked fierce in this match, especially Alicia. The crowd was solidly behind her the whole time. They fought hard for the titles, but in the end, Steve Parker was able to sneak in a Future Shock that took down J-Ro. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 10:32 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) After the match, Alicia Strong was toweling off when she turned around and found Jay Chord watching her. Jay smiled at her, a smarmy grin that caused some of the women in the audience to laugh. He said that he had been watching her for a while now and really wanted to get to know her better. He suggested that they might go out for drinks after the show and see where it led them. Alicia gave him a pitying look and said that she had better things to do. Thanks, but no thanks. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Jessica Danielson was searching backstage for her briefcase when she rounded a corner and found it in the hands of Citizen X. She tried to take it back and he refused, hiding it behind his back. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I knew it!” [/COLOR]he crowed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I knew you looked familiar. I bought the Babes of Sin City calendar a while back; Vampella was my favorite picture. The way you posed was just ... well, let’s say it got me excited. Boy, I wonder how Oxford will freak when he finds out his career is being managed by a stripper!”[/COLOR] Jessica begged with X not to say anything, but X replied that he felt it was his duty to warn Robert of her duplicity. He tossed her the briefcase and walked away laughing. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 7) The disco music started up again and California Love Machine came out. He spoke of how great it was to be in the Asylum and he said that if there was one thing he was hoping to do ... aside from rocking the world of some young honeys ... was to take on Joey Beauchamp. Joey came out to the ring entrance and mocked CLM for issuing such a boneheaded challenge. He told CLM that he would absolutely destroy him ... right now. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the response 8) [B]CALIFORNIA LOVE MACHINE vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] A pretty decent match, all things considered. CLM’s lack of overness dragged on the match. He put up a great fight but eventually Joey simply ran him down and pinned him. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 9:57 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) Jay Chord was walking backstage (strutting, more like) when he ran into Izaak Tischler. He tried to walk around him, but Izaak kept getting in his way. Finally Jay asked him what was wrong. Izaak told him: Alicia Strong. He told Jay to stay away from her. Jay looked upset, but then understanding dawned on him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You’re sweet on her, aren’t you? That’s hilarious! Do you really think she’d be into a guy like you when she could have someone like me with, oh, I don’t know ... talent, charisma, the kind of looks that make the women weak in the knees?”[/COLOR] Izaak denied that, saying that he only wanted to see her succeed and that he was worried if Jay distracted her, she’d never reach her full potential. Jay laughed that off and continued to mock Izaak, implying that he was the better man. Finally Izaak couldn’t take it anymore and dared Jay to get into the ring with him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10)[B] IZAAK TISCHLER vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Match of the night, but that’s not saying much. Izaak and Jay really went after each other. The Rev commented that that’s what usually happened when a girl got added into the mix. In the end, after trading near falls and a number of impressive blows, Jay put Izaak away with the Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 19:26 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Jay and Izaak saved us from a mediocre show, I think (although the audience thought Izaak was a bit overused). FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last [COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Joey Poison defeated Kashmir Singh [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat (c) defeated Joanne Rodriguez & Alicia Strong to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated California Love Machine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 1, June 2011 -[/I][/B] And the hits just keep on coming for the SWF. Now they’re losing Joe Sexy as well! [B][I]Tuesday of Week 2, June 2011 -[/I][/B] Oh wow. Joel Kovach just rejected the SWF as well. Good for him. This is going to cause Richard a headache since Joel is their current World Heavyweight Champion. Of course, I’m not too pleased that he turned us down too as well today. Maybe sometime in the future. [B][I]Thursday of Week 2, June 2011 -[/I][/B] I think Richard knows what I’ve been saying about him. He just contacted Izaak Tischler with an offer. Seeing as they’re still at Cult status right now, I can’t imagine that it would be for anything other than a pay-per-appearance, but I could see him offering Izaak a written deal just to spite me. [B][I]Thursday of Week 3, June 2011 -[/I][/B] That was a fast run. CBA pulled the plug on TCW TNT today, meaning that the TCW lost their national TV show. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to attend [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"][B]"Ascendant"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] on Friday at the Garrison![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Izaak Tischler vs. Steven Parker Ash Campbell vs. Kashmir Singh Joanne Rodriguez vs. Joey Beauchamp Robert Oxford vs. Citizen X and Mean Jean Cattley defends the MWA Grand Championship as well![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Ascendant”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Friday of Week 3, June 2011[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 1,360 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone watching via the Internet to the show. 1) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] He may not have the Rising Star Title anymore, but Izaak still provides for a solid opening match. Steven fought hard and even tried to take a break at one point, rolling out of the ring to take a break. Izaak didn’t let him rest. Instead, he went out to ringside and hauled Parker back in. Things heated up, especially when Parker tried to put Izaak down with a Future Shock. Instead, Izaak blocked it and finished him off with a lariet clothesline. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 12:33 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 2) While Izaak was celebrating in the ring, Jay Chord came out holding a dozen roses. Izaak did not look happy to see him and started shouting something at him. It soon became obvious why Izaak was so upset. Jay got a mic and explained that he found these roses backstage in Izaak’s locker room. He found a card and opened it, reading it aloud: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Just something to brighten your day. Signed, Izaak.”[/COLOR] There was no mention on the card who the roses were actually for. Jay laughed and thanked Izaak for the sweet sentiment, but he said that nothing would brighten his day more than to see Izaak get his ass kicked. And sure enough, that’s when Joey Beauchamp attacked from behind, beating Izaak down while Jay laughed. Then Jay tossed the roses into the trash before leaving. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) Ash Campbell came out to the ring with a mic. He said that he figured this was the safest way to do what he was about to do. He said he wanted a shot at Kashmir Singh. No, not a title shot. He said he owed Kashmir from a few months back. But he didn’t want to make the challenge backstage and then have to walk around, since we all know how Kashmir got his wins and his title. He said he wasn’t leaving the ring until Kashmir agreed to the match. Kashmir came out and admitted to taking some short cuts recently. But he said he wouldn’t need any extra help to beat Ash to a bloody pulp. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] E-[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response 4) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] Kashmir seemed a little too confident getting into the ring. Ash didn’t seem particularly worried either. Playboy Jake Sawyer seemed to be the only one concerned about this match up. Sawyer’s concern proved justified. Kashmir put up a good fight, but Ash was able to knock him around the ring, finally putting him away with a Shooting Star Press. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 10:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) Jay Chord was walking backstage when he ran into Alicia Strong. Alicia got into his face immediately and demanded to know why he was being such a jerk to Izaak. Jay laughed it off and said Izaak was pathetic, buying flowers when he should just be a man and go after what he wants. Alicia then asked who the roses were for. Jay looked positively stunned and started laughing at her even harder. He tried to walk away, but she wouldn’t let him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know, I’ve been watching you for a while now,” [/COLOR]she said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh?” [/COLOR]Jay asked with a sly grin. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Do you like what you see?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Hardly,” [/COLOR]Alicia replied. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What I see is a self-important, over-confident jerk who thinks the whole world should bow down to him because of how good he thinks he is. I see a guy so out-of-touch with reality, he thinks his talent somehow excuses himself from simple manners. I see a guy who needs to be taught a lesson ... and it just so happens I’m in the mood to teach one. You, me, the ring tonight.”[/COLOR] Jay looked her over and laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“On one condition. I win ... you go out with me.”[/COLOR] Alicia laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“If you want to get pinned and have your heart broken in the same night, you’re on.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) Jessica Danielson was seated behind her laptop, looking extremely worried. Robert Oxford came in and said he was ready to go over the data for tonight’s match against Citizen X. What did he have to do to win? Jessica looked at the computer, then at Oxford, then smiled craftily. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“We’ve run the simulations a number of times, Mr. Oxford, and we’ve come to the following conclusion: you’re going to have a very difficult time beating Mr. X. For that reason, we think you need to soften him up a bit before the match. That way, victory will be assured.”[/COLOR] Oxford looked surprised. He started to come around the table. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“The computer actually said that?”[/COLOR] Jessica quickly shut the computer and nodded vigorously. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Absolutely. Beat him to a pulp before the match even starts and you’ll be able to beat him easily.”[/COLOR] Oxford shifted back and forth on his feet for a moment or two. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well ... yeah, I mean, that figures, but that isn’t exactly something I needed a computer to tell me. You’re sure that’s the only way?”[/COLOR] Jessica nodded again. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Positive.”[/COLOR] Oxford thought about it, then shrugged, leaving the room. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 7) Joey Beuachamp sauntered through the backstage area when he came face to face with Joanne Rodriguez. J-Ro was also pretty upset at what happened to Izaak. She demanded to know why Joey attacked Izaak that way. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“The same reason I do everything: for fun,”[/COLOR] Joey answered, then gave J-Ro an appreciative look. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Speaking of which, what say you and I go get better acquainted?”[/COLOR] J-Ro rolled her eyes. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You know, I think Alicia Strong has the right idea. Only way guys like you are going to learn is if we beat the lesson into you. See you in the ring, lover boy.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 8) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Not too bad of a match here. J-Ro showed off her new super junior style and it seemed to do okay with Joey’s high-flying offense. The two battled back and forth until finally, Joey managed to roll J-Ro into a pinning predicament. He kept his legs on the ropes though to get the pin and the win. He quickly released Joanne and got out of there, blowing her a kiss as he left. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 11:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Citizen X was walking backstage when he was attacked from behind by Robert Oxford. As the beating commenced, the camera focused on an item that X dropped: a Babes of Sin City calendar, showing Jessica Danielson in a very revealing outfit. Oxford didn’t notice. Instead, he wailed on X for a while before dragging him out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 10) [B]ROBERT OXFORD vs. CITIZEN X[/B] X never really recovered from the beating that he received backstage. He tried to rally a few times, but every time he did, Oxford was there to pound him into submission again. He finally put him away a flying elbow drop. WINNER: [B]Robert Oxford [/B]in 8:34 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 11) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So I understand our ‘fearless leader’ has booked what’s looking to be nothing more than a lover’s spat for the main event. Figures. Any way you can take a jab at your champ, huh, Scap? “Well, I’m still feeling pretty generous tonight, so here’s what we’ll do. I’ll throw the Grand Championship up for grabs to anyone who thinks they can take it from me. Think you got what it takes to beat me? Now’s your chance to prove it.”[/COLOR] An unfamiliar face came out to the ring entrance. A hulk of a man, he grabbed a mic and introduced himself as Primus Allen, and he said he was primed and ready to shake up the MWA, starting by taking Mean Jean’s title. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the response 12) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Not a bad first showing from Primus. He and Mean Jean put on a respectable match. Mean Jean seemed to have his hands full, especially since Primus seemed able to power through just about anything that Mean Jean threw at him. But in the end, Mean Jean’s veteran instincts carried him through. He was able to read some of Primus’s offense before the bigger man could use it and, as a result, was able to dodge, block, or even reverse it. A Mood Swing took the challenger down and out. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 14:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) Alicia Strong came out to the ring and cut a promo on Jay Chord, saying that she might have felt sorry for him at one point, but not anymore. She was going to teach that smug little jerk a lesson he won’t soon forget. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 14) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD[/B] A great match and main event for tonight. Jay and Alicia put on a really good match. Jay didn’t lose his overconfidence. He wore a ****y grin the entire time he fought Alicia, although there were a few times when his facade seemed to crack, especially when Alicia took control of the match early on, knocking him around the ring and trying to get him into a Strong Arm Tactic. They traded blows and Alicia did a little bit of flying as well, but in the end, it came down to a Cradle Piledriver, delivered by Jay to Alicia for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 20:14 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 15) Alicia looked positively stunned once she woke up. Jay shrugged and yelled that he would pick her up at eight tomorrow night. He started to laugh, but that died as Izaak Tischler charged in from the back and attacked Jay, beating him pretty savagely before Alicia pulled him off of Jay. Izaak looked hurt as she scolded him and then knelt down to see if Jay was okay. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Kashmir Singh was overused, but it was a good show otherwise. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Ascendant”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Kashmir Singh [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Joanne Rodriguez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Robert Oxford defeated Citizen X[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Primus Allen to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 3, June 2011 -[/I][/B] According to ProWrestlingHits.com, they had heard a rumor that Amazing Fire Fly was about to receive a major push in the MWA. And on one level, that was true. If by major push, they meant out the door. Fire Fly and Ultimate Phoenix were in my office in the Garrison. For the second show in a row, they had been in Mexico for a SOTBPW show. As near as I could tell, that would be a regular occurrence. They admitted that they preferred to work in Mexico and would probably choose to work there over here. I finally had little choice but to thank them for their service here. They were understanding if a little disappointed. I was too. I hated to lose them, especially Phoenix. It’s not good that we lost one of our former champions right away. As they left, the Rev caught my eye. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So now what? Our roster’s gonna be a little thin without them.”[/COLOR] I nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Let me make some calls and see what I can find.”[/COLOR] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, July 2011 -[/I][/B] It’s a dark day for the SWF. Both Zimmy Bumfhole and Joel Kovach have left the company now. So how does Richard Eisen cheer himself up? By making an offer to my champ, of course. Mean Jean got an offer from SWF. Also, USPW has made an offer to Izaak Tischler and Alicia Strong might go on tour with 5SSW. As far as Izaak’s contract offer, I never did hear whether he took up the SWF on their offer, so I can only guess that he turned them down. The USPW offer has me worried, since that is how I lost Chance Fortune. A change in schedule might be necessary at this point so I don’t keep losing my talent to them. In other news, international wrestling companies are spiraling the drain. 5SSW only has maybe three months left in them. UCR and ROF are also on death’s door. [B][I]Wednesday of Week 1, July 2011 -[/I][/B] Good news for our own Joanne Rodriguez. She took the AAA Femme Fatale title off of Black Widow last night!

[CENTER]MWA presents... [B][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]“On the Road”[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [I]Friday of Week 1, July 2011[/I] Held at the Asylum in the Great Lakes Territory 1,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our Internet audience to the show. 1) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. KASHMIR SINGH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Unfortunately, this first match brought the crowd’s mood down. It was an okay match and once again, Playboy Jake Sawyer did his best to really pump up the drama, but I think that the lack of overness for these two really hurt. Thomas was waiting for Kashmir in the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Apparently Ash’s strategy is spreading,”[/COLOR] the Rev commented. Because Kashmir couldn’t resort to his usual pre-match “warm up”, it was a fair contest. Thomas came close to taking the title off of Kashmir a few times. But then Kashmir rolled out of the ring and was chased around it by Thomas. Kashmir rounded a corner and dove into the ring, clutching to Jez MacArthuer for safety. Jez tried to disentangle himself, and so he naturally couldn’t see Sawyer not only trip Thomas but then stomp on his knee as well. Sawyer then rolled Thomas into the ring and Kashmir got him into a single leg grapevine. Thomas quickly tapped out. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 12:35 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 2) Jessica Danielson was walking backstage looking pretty pleased with herself. But then she came face to face with Agent 69. 69 was livid over what happened to her partner. She informed Jessica that Citizen X told her about Jessica’s dirty little secret. Agent 69 said that she and X were supposed to have another title shot soon but thanks to what Robert Oxford did, it was unlikely that they’d be able to. 69 held Jessica personally responsible. She then pointed out that Jessica apparently considered herself a wrestler. After all, why else would she work for BSC? So Agent 69 offered a deal: Jessica meets her in the ring. If Jessica wins, Agent 69 and Citizen X will keep quiet about Jessica’s other occupation. If Agent 69 wins, she can shout it from the mountaintops that Jessica Danielson is little better than a stripper. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 3) [B]AGENT 69 vs. JESSICA DANIELSON[/B] Jessica looked pretty scared out in the ring. Agent 69 pretty much had her way with her. Or at least she did until Robert Oxford interjected himself into the match. Jessica saw him coming and so overplayed a supposed injury from Agent 69. Jez ordered 69 to stay away so he could make sure Jessica wasn’t seriously injured. While he did, Oxford got in the ring and chokeslammed 69 to the mat. Jessica quickly covered her for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Jessica Danielson [/B]in 8:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 4) In a video shot earlier this week, we saw Jay Chord and Alicia Strong out on their date. Alicia seemed miserable as Jay continued to make small talk, seemingly unaware that his date was more interested in studying the flowers than in conversing with him. Alicia finally ran out of patience and demanded to know why Jay even wanted to go out with her. She pointed out that she’s made it pretty clear that she doesn’t hold him in high regard. Jay sobered up and took a deep breath and then spilled his guts: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Okay. I know I come off a little, well ...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Arrogant?” [/COLOR]Alicia supplied. Jay smiled crookedly. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I would say ‘self-assured,’ but okay ... arrogant. I guess I was just trying to cover up the fact that ... well, I really like you. You’re smart, you’re pretty, you’re a heck of a competitor. And I ... well, I appreciate what you’ve done for me since ... you know.”[/COLOR] Alicia softened and took Jay’s hand across the table. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I just thought maybe we could get to know each other better. Maybe even come to like each other?”[/COLOR] Alicia smiled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’d like that.”[/COLOR] The camera cut to our backstage area to reveal Izaak Tischler watching the footage with a very angry expression. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) Future Threat came out to a chorus of boos and jeers. They said that they were easily the most dominant tag team in the MWA (as evidenced by their titles), maybe even in the whole world. They said that they would prove it by destroying their challengers for tonight, namely Joey Posion and Ash Campbell. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 6) [B]ASH CAMPBELL & JOEY POISON vs. FUTURE THREAT (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. Geez, everyone seems to be stuck in first gear tonight. Joey surprised me by taking to the air a little bit more than usual. But in the end, Steven Parker took Ash out with a Future Shock. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 10:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 7) Izaak Tischler found Jay Chord backstage chatting with a female staff member (and a cute one at that). Izaak spun him around and informed him that he may have fooled Alicia, but he hasn’t fooled Izaak. He said that he was keeping an eye on him and if he did anything to hurt Alicia, he would pay. Jay burst out laughing and asked if Izaak was being serious. He chided him, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Be careful, buddy. You talk like that too much and someone might take offense and kick your ass.”[/COLOR] Izaak stepped back and opened his arms, welcoming the fight. Jay looked him over and laughed again. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Fine by me. See you in the ring, junior.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) Primus Allen came out to the ring and admitted that his debut in the MWA didn’t exactly go the way he wanted. But he promised the audience that if they stuck with him, he would show them what he was capable of. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 9) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. MARC SPEED[/B] And we grind the gears again. It wasn’t that Marc and Primus had bad chemistry or anything like that. It’s just that nobody really knew who Primus was. I guess I’m just used to having a roster full of super-over workers. It’s a little disconcerting to see an audience just not care. Primus lived up to his promise, though. After trading blows with Marc, he took him down with a Flying Lariat. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 10:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Izaak looked particularly on-fire tonight while Jay treated him as more of a joke. Even as Izaak came close to pinning him, Jay didn’t show him any respect, which only seemed to infuriate Izaak even more. Finally, after trading blows, Jay shut down Izaak completely with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 16:19 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 11) Jay looked like he was ready to continue his assault when Alicia Strong came out to the ring and gently led him away from Izaak, who was having trouble getting up. Jay seemed a bit hesitant but allowed Alicia to lead him to the back. Izaak pulled himself up by the bottom rope and stared after them, the look of a hurt puppy in his eyes. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Thomas and Izaak were used too much in the show. On the plus side, I don’t think we lost any popularity, but then, we didn’t gain any either. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Kashmir Singh (c) defeated Thomas Morgan to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Jessica Danielson defeated Agent 69 [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat (c) defeated Joey Poison & Ash Campbell to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Marc Speed [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Wednesday of Week 2, July 2011 - [/I][/B]Okay, now I know that Sam Keith is out of his mind. Remember how I said that Joel Kovach left the SWF? He didn’t drop the title to anyone before he left! The SWF World Heavyweight Championship is currently vacant! [B][I]Sunday of Week 2, July 2011 -[/I][/B] There we go. He must have been saving it for The Supreme Challenge. The main event was Wolf Hawkins vs. Eric Eisen for the vacant title, and Wolf walked away with it. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to attend [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]"Taste of Fame"[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] this Friday at the Garrison![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Joanne Rodriguez vs. Davis Wayne Newton Kashmir Singh defends the Rising Star Title against Agent 69 Ash Campbell and Joey Poison in a House of Fun match California Love Machine vs. Robert Oxford Primus Allen vs. Citizen X[/SIZE][/CENTER] and much, much more![/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [B][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]“Taste of Fame”[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [I]Friday of Week 3, July 2011[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 1,360 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our Internet audience to the show. 1) Mean Jean Cattley started the match in the ring with the Grand Championship belt draped over his shoulder. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ve been hearing rumors on the web that some of our fans are a little peeved that I’m not defending the Grand Championship out on the road. They think I somehow owe it to them to put my body on the line for a bunch of hicks out east somewhere. “Well, guess what. I don’t owe anybody anything. I’ve proven I have what it takes to hold on to this title time after time after time, and that means I can pick and choose when I want to work. After all, I’ve beaten everyone that’s come along one-two-three, and I...”[/COLOR] His tirade was interrupted by Alicia Strong. She came out to the ring entrance with a mic of her own. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Wait a minute. You’ve beaten everyone one-two-three? If I recall correctly, you’ve yet to beat me clean, Mean Jean. First you had me kidnaped by your buddy, Joey Beauchamp. Then, when we finally do face off, you only took me down because you had a pair of brass knuckles. Face it, Mean Jean, you can’t beat me and you know it. That’s why you have to rely on your pals so much.” “You think so?”[/COLOR] Mean Jean laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Fine. Then let’s level the playing field. You get two of your friends. I’ll get two of mine. And tonight, we’ll see who has the better friends.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] These two put it all on the line for the opening bout to really keep the crowd pumped and excited. Davis kept switching up his offense, which threw J-Ro off a little. But in the end, J-Ro was able to duck a thrust kick and caught Davis with a J-Rocker. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 13:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 3) Agent 69 came out to the ring and got a mic. She started ripping on Kashmir Singh, pointing out that he’s yet to defend his title cleanly. She said that for that reason, she was going to claim the Rising Star Title for herself. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 4) [B]AGENT 69 vs. KASHMIR SINGH (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] This match dragged on the crowd’s mood a little. Agent 69 tried to dazzle Kashmir with high-speed offense, but in the end, Kashmir not only caught her out of the air for a body slam that shook the ring, he beat her cleanly. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 9:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 5) Alicia Strong was seen backstage dragging Jay Chord through the halls. She forced him into a room where Izaak Tischler was waiting. Izaak tried to leave the room, but Alicia blocked his exit. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Now look, you two,”[/COLOR] she said. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “I don’t know what the problem is between the two of you, but I really would hope you can bury the hatchet. I think you’re both great guys and I’m really hoping we can all be friends. What’s more, I was hoping that you two would help me put Mean Jean in his place once and for all. What do you say? Can we do that?”[/COLOR] Izaak and Jay glared at each other, but finally Izaak sighed and said he could. Jay quickly agreed and the men shook hands. Alicia beamed, overjoyed, but you could still see the anger simmering in Jay and Izaak’s eyes. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. JOEY POISON [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a House of Fun match[/COLOR] I thought it would be nice to change things up a little and let two of our high fliers show off. The crowd disagreed. This match also brought their mood down. But Joey and Ash put in a good effort, using the special set to their advantage to add height and speed to their moves. In the end, Ash took down Joey with an Ash 2 Ash. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 10:08 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 7) Afterwards, the two competitors shook hands and celebrated in the ring together. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 8) Robert Oxford had a bouquet of flowers and looked pretty nervous. He was mumbling something about Jessica Danielson, and it sounded like he was trying to work up the courage to ask her out again. It was all sweetly pathetic. He opened the door to his dressing room. Inside, Marc Speed jumped away from Jessica Danielson rather quickly. Marc blushed furiously as Jessica rebuttoned her top. He mumbled something and quickly got out of there. Robert watched him go and then turned on Jessica. He demanded to know what Marc was doing in there. Jessica made some pitiful excuses that fooled no one. As Robert continued to grill her, Jessica finally snapped that she was a single young woman. She then suggested that Robert was fooling himself if he thought their relationship was anything but professional. Robert wasn’t happy about that. When Jessica suggested they sit down to work out a strategy to beat California Love Machine, Robert told her to stuff it, he knew what he had to do. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the surprise; [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] for the argument 9) [B]CALIFORNIA LOVE MACHINE vs. ROBERT OXFORD[/B] What he had to do was basically destroy him. CLM never stood a chance. Robert basically ran him over the minute the bell sounded and beat the holy hell out of him. CLM tried to rally a few times and even got in some offense, but Robert just shrugged it off and finally hit a corner splash that seemed to deflate CLM. WINNER: [B]Robert Oxford [/B]in 11:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) Robert rolled out of the ring and stomped over to the announce table. He hauled me out of my chair and demanded that he be given a match against Marc Speed at our next Minnesota show. I quickly agreed when it seemed like he was going to take out some of his frustration on me. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 11) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. CITIZEN X[/B] Primus once again showed his dominance in the ring by tearing apart Citizen X a little at a time. He finished X off with a Flying Lariat that barely aroused any interest in the crowd. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 12:15 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) Mean Jean Cattley, Joey Beauchamp, and Steven Parker came out to the ring together. Mean Jean introduced his partners for the match, saying that Joey was the breeze. He could come out of nowhere and take you down and leave you wondering exactly what happened. Steven Parker was introduced as the Future. Mean Jean said that there was a reason why he was one-half of the tag team champions. He said he knew and respected Parker. The three of them then mocked the competition, saying that Alicia was going to learn her place tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 13) [B]ALICIA STRONG, JAY CHORD, & IZAAK TISCHLER vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY, JOEY BEAUCHAMP, & STEVEN PARKER[/B] Ouch. Not good. Steven Parker was off his game tonight and I think that helped drag the match quality down. Jay Chord, on the other hand, came out looking particularly good. At any rate, the heels worked together quite well. They managed to use quick tags and some subtle cheating to keep the faces on their toes. There was some obvious friction between Jay and Izaak that came out at inopportune times. For example, at one point, Izaak was getting some momentum behind him and it looked like he might actually take down Mean Jean. When Jay spotted the pride in Alicia’s eyes, he quickly hot-tagged his way into the match. Izaak looked furious but he obediently went into his corner, only to hot-tag his way back in. In the end, Alicia got knocked off her perch and the heels isolated Izaak, working him over pretty badly. When Izaak went for a tag with Jay, Jay hopped off the corner and left the ring. Izaak stared at him in shock, but that didn’t last long as Mean Jean hit him with a Mood Swing. WINNERS: [B]Mean Jean Cattley, Joey Beauchamp, & Steven Parker [/B]in 21:50 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] The crowd left, muttering about a lack of storylines in our promotion. Not good. Neither was the final rating. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh (c) defeated Agent 69 to retain the MWA Rising Star Title [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Joey Poison in [COLOR="Purple"]a House of Fun match[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Robert Oxford defeated California Love Machine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Citizen X[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley, Joey Beauchamp, & Steven Parker defeated Alicia Strong, Jay Chord, & Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, August 2011 -[/I][/B] An eventful couple of days, it would seem. First of all, ROF closed their doors. Second, Sam Keith and Eric Eisen, calling themselves X-Rated, became the tag champs in the SWF. And third, I’m spamming all the networks and Pay-Per-View carriers again. Never hurts to do so. [B][I]Tuesday of Week 1, August 2011 -[/I][/B] Just got the word that Joel Kovach will be touring with BHOTWG. [B][I]Friday of Week 1, August 2011 -[/I][/B] I walked into Perry Hall for our latest “On the Road” show and my cell phone chirped. I answered it, a bit annoyed. I figured it had to be one of my workers calling in sick. After our last show, I wouldn’t have blamed them. Much to my shock, that’s not who it was. Not at all. It was National Pride TV returning my call. They wanted to produce an MWA-related show. Holy cow! We wound up putting together a show that we’re calling “MWA Powerhouse”. It’ll air on National Pride TV for an hour, live on Thursday evenings at 11:00 PM. That’s a little late, but seeing as how NPTV has national coverage, that can’t hurt. I found out later that the SWF also cut a TV deal with the Pop! Network. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]It's historic, it's action-packed, it's the last [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]"On the Road"[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] in the foreseeable future this Friday in Perry Hall![/CENTER] The MWA will soon be going coast to coast on the National Pride Network, but before we do, we're putting on one last show just for our fans in the Great Lakes Territory. Featuring the following matches: [SIZE="4"][CENTER]Izaak Tischler vs. Davis Wayne Newton Joey Poison vs. California Love Machine Joanne Rodriguez vs. Marc Speed Alicia Strong vs. Steven Parker[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] Friday of Week 1, August 2011 Held at Perry Hall in the Great Lakes Territory 1,854 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our Internet audience to the final “On the Road.” We pointed out that a lot of people seem to have shown up for this final show before we went live on the National Pride Network. 1) A graphic on the big screen announced that tonight, we would see Alicia Strong take on Steven Parker in the main event. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring and said that he was looking forward to watching his tag partner destroy Alicia Strong. He said that if anyone in the MWA deserved to get their ass kicked, it was her. But then he shifted his attention to Izaak Tischler. He said that he enjoyed watching Parker pin Izaak so much two weeks ago, he wanted to take a shot at him. He challenged Izaak to a match right there, right now. Izaak, no longer wearing his sci-fi uniform, came out to the ring entrance. He looked pretty glum. He accepted the match in a very half-hearted way. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response 3) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] The Rev commented that it was odd: Izaak didn’t seem like he had his heart in the match. He put up a fight, but there were times where he seemed sluggish and didn’t press the opportunities that he had. Davis was able to capitalize on that and finally finished Izaak off with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 9:36 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Ash Campbell was chatting up a staffer backstage when Kashmir Singh and Playboy Jake Sawyer rounded a corner. Ash freaked out, pretending that he was scared of Kashmir. When he looked up and saw that Kashmir and Sawyer were glaring at him, he started laughing. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What’s the matter, Kashmir? Not going to beat me up without any warning? Not going to take the cheap and easy way out?”[/COLOR] Kashmir got in Ash’s face and informed him that he didn’t need to take any short-cuts if he wanted to beat him. He said he could do it anytime, anywhere. Ash laughed at that idea too and suggested that they get into the ring to see. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 5) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] A sort of lackluster match but hopefully this will build into something decent. Kashmir did his best and Sawyer shouted his encouragement and even provided a few distractions so Kashmir could take a few short cuts. But in the end, Ash rallied back and got the win with an Ash 2 Ash. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 8:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 6) Jay Chord came out to the ring and talked about what a great opportunity it was for the MWA to go live coast to coast next month. He said that this would show what our little promotion was capable of. He then made the suggestion that perhaps it would be best if the MWA had a new champ when we entered this new phase. That’s why he was laying down a challenge to Mean Jean Cattley: he dared Mean Jean to get into the ring with him at our next show. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) Izaak Tischler did not look happy backstage. Alicia Strong found him and asked what was wrong. Izaak said that he was fine. She kept after him until he cracked. He said that Jay Chord was the problem. He said that he didn’t trust him, that neither should Alicia. Alicia laughed off Izaak’s concern and said that Jay was a good friend and that she wished Izaak and Jay could get along. She said she knew there was some bad blood between them, but she hoped they’d be able to work it all out. Before Izaak could protest, she left him to get ready for her match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) [B]JOEY POISON vs. CALIFORNIA LOVE MACHINE[/B] An okay match that the crowd just didn’t get into. Both men put on a pretty good show, Joey mixing up his offense with flying and some solid mat work while CLM tried to wow everyone with some pretty good high spots. In the end, Joey managed to ground the Machine with an Antidote Web. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 9:16 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) CLM wobbled up to his feet and then went over to offer his hand to Joey. The two shook hands and the Rev commented that he was sure we’d see more of these two in action again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 10) Marc Speed came out to the ring and cut a vicious promo on Robert Oxford. He said that Oxford’s time in the sun was over, that it was time for him to retire and move on. He said that if he couldn’t accept that, he’d prove it when the two of them met up in the ring in two weeks. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 11) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. MARC SPEED[/B] A definite step in the right direction, but it might be too little too late for this show. Joanne put up a heck of a fight but in the end, Marc simply overwhelmed her and took her down with a face crusher. WINNER: [B]Marc Speed [/B]in 10:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) Alicia Strong was stretching out when she turned around and found herself face to face with Jay Chord. Alicia smiled brightly when she saw him. She was particularly excited that he was challenging Mean Jean for the title. She said he was sure to win. Jay said he knew she was going to beat Steven Parker tonight. He said that they were an unstoppable duo and he said he knew they had a bright future ... together. Alicia seemed startled at that thought but before she could say anything, Jay put a finger to her lips and then kissed her. When she pulled away, he whispered it was for luck and then left the locker room. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 13) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] Alicia looked a little flummoxed coming out to the ring, almost as if she were in a daze. Parker was able to capitalize on that and knocked her around for a while before she finally snapped out of it. Once she did, she took the fight to Parker and then some. When she got him down and tapping with the Strong Arm Tactic, the Rev commented that maybe Jay should kiss all of our wrestlers for luck. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 17:07 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Kashmir Singh was used too much. But Alicia and Steven made this a half-way decent show. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from our last [COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Kashmir Singh [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Joey Poison defeated California Love Machine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Marc Speed defeated Joanne Rodriguez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 1, August 2011 -[/I][/B] Apparently my celebration was premature. DaVE signed a TV contract with National Pride as well. They’re still our main competition at this point. [B][I]Wednesday of Week 2, August 2011 -[/I][/B] I had a bunch of papers spread out in front of me on my desk at the Garrison. Things were changing for the MWA. For starters there was the TV show. I was a little nervous about this new venture. We didn’t have a Pay-Per-View carrier to go with it, which meant that people would have to log on to the Internet for our bigger shows in the Garrison. That wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t great either. Along with that came the fact that I knew we could wind up cancelled if we didn’t bring in good enough ratings. I had no idea what National Pride would expect out of us but I had a feeling that if we underperformed, we’d lose our slot. Hopefully if that happened to us, it would happen to DaVE as well. With the TV show on Thursday, I made the hard decision to move our monthly Garrison shows to Sunday evenings. That would hopefully free up more of our workers and maybe even lead to a decent storyline that was still developing. We’d have to see. As I was looking over my notes my phone rang. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hello?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well well well, Scapino,” [/COLOR]a voice said. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “I see you’ve made the most of your situation.”[/COLOR] I froze immediately. Even though I hadn’t heard the voice for a year and a half, I’d recognize it anywhere. It was the go-between for my mysterious benefactor. What could he want? [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I have to say, my employer is pleased with your progress. There have been some stumbles, but all in all, you’ve done well for yourself. And, I understand, you haven’t lost any of his initial investment. Matter of fact, you’ve even made a little money too.”[/COLOR] That was true. We hadn’t made much in the past year and a half, but we were showing a slight profit. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I just wanted to call and wish you luck. Hopefully you’ll continue to make my employer proud.”[/COLOR] And with that, he was gone. I sighed. I had been hoping he’d offer me more money. I had a feeling that running a show every week plus the big shows in the Garrison was going to add up pretty quick. [B][I]Tuesday of Week 3, August 2011 -[/I][/B] MAW may be in trouble. They just fired a boat-load of talent, including Izaak, Kashmir, and Marc. I may be in trouble as well. Jay Chord’s been contacted by the SWF. I doubt Richard can offer him more than a PPA, but it’s worrisome. More worrisome is that one of my “secret workers” (i.e. a guy I hired and have been hiding for a big surprise) just signed a touring deal with BHOTWG. I don’t know if that will effect us or not. We’ll have to see. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to attend [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]"Resurgence"[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] this Friday at the Garrison![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Joey Poison vs. California Love Machine Robert Oxford vs. Marc Speed[/SIZE][/CENTER] Plus Future Threat has challenged Joanne Rodriguez to find a partner and face them. Who will she get? And will Mean Jean Cattley answer Jay Chord's challenge?[/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents ... [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Resurgence”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Friday of Week 3, August 2011[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 1,360 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the Internet audience to the show. 1) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring and he too talked up the new TV deal the MWA had. He said he was looking forward to it. It meant that more and more people would learn about his brilliance in the ring. Not only that, but it would also mean that we couldn’t just stay in Minneapolis. We’d actually have to travel, which meant that he could finally get out of this hellhole. He then addressed Jay Chord’s challenge. He said that he had no problem locking up with Jay tonight. But, he said, Jay’s analysis of the situation was wrong. If the MWA wanted to go into our new era strong, it’d be best for the title to remain right where it was. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) Joanne Rodriguez found Izaak Tischler backstage. Izaak was looking pretty depressed. Joanne said that she really needed his help. She said she had been put in a tag match against Future Threat for the titles but the partner she had hoped to have wasn’t here tonight. She said she hoped that Izaak could step in. She played up his prowess in the ring and said there was no one she’d rather have at her side than Izaak. Izaak sighed lethargically and agreed to help, shuffling out the locker room door. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ & IZAAK TISCHLER vs. FUTURE THREAT (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Izaak seemed asleep on his feet through most of this match. He went through the motions but the passion just wasn’t there. The Rev said he didn’t understand it. He said Izaak had the talent to take him straight to the top. He couldn’t understand why Izaak was acting so sluggish. Joanne had to do most of the work, but it was clear she was up to the task. As a matter of fact, she came so close to beating Parker and Davis enough times that finally, Davis got one of the tag belts and used it to knock her out. Jez called for the bell immediately. Izaak, maddeningly enough, didn’t care. He just stared at J-Ro’s fallen form and then wandered backstage. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler & Joanne Rodriguez [/B]by DQ in 11:13 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 4) Ash Campbell was backstage when he ran into Kashmir Singh. Kashmir said he wanted to chat with Ash for a moment. Kashmir actually thanked Ash for beating his two weeks ago. He said that Ash helped him put things in perspective for him. He said that if he wanted to make an impact in this sport, he’d have to get back to basics. And then Thomas Morgan attacked Ash Campbell from behind. He and Kashmir stomped on him for a while before walking away, laughing. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F+[/COLOR] 5) [B]JOEY POISON vs. CALIFORNIA LOVE MACHINE[/B] I played up the match we saw two weeks ago and said that it inspired me to book Joey and CLM in a best of seven series. Tonight was match number one. I think my selling helped, but once again, the crowd just wasn’t into this. We did get a minor pop after CLM hit the LAX Departure, but that was about it. WINNER: [B]California Love Machine [/B]in 9:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 6) Backstage, Joanne Rodriguez found Izaak and demanded to know what was wrong with him. Izaak tried to duck the question but J-Ro kept after him, needling him until he finally broke down and confessed that he was in love with Alicia Strong. He said that he had been admiring her for months but that he couldn’t work up the courage to tell her. He said that the few times he tried, Jay Chord was there to mess things up and now it seemed that the two of them were together. J-Ro said she hadn’t ever really heard Alicia talk about Izaak. That crushed him, but J-Ro quickly went on to say that she had never heard her talk about Jay like that either. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That girl is all about the wrestling, sweetie,” [/COLOR]Joanne said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Just go tell her. I’m sure she’ll listen.”[/COLOR] She then hugged Izaak. The camera pulled back to reveal Jay Chord, who had been listening to the whole conversation with a dark look on his face. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 7) Ash Campbell came out to the ring looking absolutely furious. He challenged Kashmir Singh and Thomas Morgan to a tag match. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And don’t worry, I found a partner who is primed and ready to go!”[/COLOR] Out came his partner, Primus Allen. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] for the reveal 8) [B]ASH CAMPBELL & PRIMUS ALLEN vs. KASHMIR SINGH & THOMAS MORGAN[/B] Again, the crowd seemed to have trouble getting excited for this match. The Rev and I sold it as a great bout with four future stars in the ring, but the crowd in the Garrison couldn’t hear our sell job. Kashmir and Thomas resorted to a number of different dirty tricks to get ahead and, in the end, they were able to beat Ash and Primus when Thomas Morgan took down Primus with a thrust kick to the jaw. WINNERS: [B]Kashmir Singh & Thomas Morgan [/B]in 9:29 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) As Ash and Primus left the ring, Kashmir got the mic and mocked Ash, saying that he was pathetic and a lousy competitor. Ash tried to go back to the ring, but Jez MacArthuer didn’t let him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 10) Robert Oxford came into his locker room where Jessica Danielson was waiting. Tension filled the air as neither talked. Finally, Robert apologized for the way he behaved a month ago. He said he was sorry, that he just got a little too worked up. He said he hoped that they could still work together. Jessica pointed out that Oxford was still paying for AccuModelling’s services, so she was contractually obligated to help him. She said that they had crunched the data and that they had a strategy in place to beat Marc Speed. She said that Marc had suffered a series of serious concussions when he played high school football. She outlined a rather outlandish plan that would capitalize on that and sent Oxford out to the ring to [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“get what you rightfully deserve.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 11) [B]ROBERT OXFORD vs. MARC SPEED[/B] Oxford was able to carry out the rather odd plan that Jessica had come up with and it seemed to work: after a quick succession of jabs to the jaw and a kick to the head, Marc went down. Oxford strutted around for a bit and waved to the crowd. But then Marc hopped to his feet and didn’t look any worse for wear. Oxford turned around just in time to get tackled to the ground. The match kind of dragged after that. Oxford and Marc don’t click in the ring. This match turned out marginally better than the ones that preceded it, but the audience just wasn’t into it either. In the end, Marc took Oxford down quick and hard, getting him to tap out with a Boston Crab. WINNER: [B]Marc Speed[/B] in 13:20 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) Jessica Danielson got into the ring and revealed that she was ending her contract with Robert Oxford for Marc Speed. She said she would be representing him now, because he’s more man than Oxford could ever hope to be. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 13) Alicia Strong came out to the ring and, rather than talk about herself, she chose to talk about the main event, namely Jay Chord vs. Mean Jean Cattley. She said that she was looking forward to this epic clash of two very talented wrestlers. She said she was a little jealous and wished she could be facing off against Mean Jean for the Grand Championship. But she was certain that Jay Chord would put Mean Jean in his place. Her pep talk was interrupted by Joey Beauchamp, who came out and said that it was cute that Alicia wanted some action tonight. He offered to give her some (and by his tone, it wasn’t entirely clear if he was talking about a wrestling match or something else). Alicia dared him to step into the ring with her. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the hype; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the challenge 14) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] This is more like it. Alicia and Joey put it all on the line and the fans really appreciated their effort. Joey got ahead in the early going with some underhanded tactics and looked to be positioning himself for a quick and easy win. But Alicia simply refused to go down. Every time Joey thought he had her beat, she would kick out and rally, each time lasting a bit longer. Finally, she came roaring back and nearly took Joey out of his boots with some great flying maneuvers. She finished him off then with a Strong Arm Tactic. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 10:57 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 15) Jay Chord came out for the main event, but before it got started, he said he wanted to dedicate his match to a very special person, a person who means a lot to him: Alicia Strong. He said he’d win the match for her. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 16) [B]JAY CHORD vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Both men were intense and focused throughout the match. Mean Jean, though, seemed a little too relaxed in facing Jay. The Rev commented that it was almost like he wasn’t taking Jay Chord seriously, something that the Rev classified as a mistake. He said that Jay may be rookie, but he has the skills to take him far. That proved prophetic in this case. The men traded blows, the momentum shifted back and forth, but finally, Mean Jean managed to drop Jay with the Mood Swing. He quickly made the cover. Only to have Jay kick out. The crowd started cheering. I asked the Rev if we’d ever seen someone kick out after a Mood Swing. The Rev said he didn’t think we had. Mean Jean tried to make the pin again but Jay kicked out again and surged to his feet. They continued the fight until finally, Jay surprised everyone by taking Mean Jean down and then dropping him once and for all with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 20:40 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 17) Jay celebrated his win in the ring for a few moments before calling Alicia Strong out to the ring to join him. She was ecstatic and jumped up and down with joy. But then Jay told her that she had been his inspiration and that he won the title for her. She seemed a bit confused, but that changed when Jay pulled her close and kissed her passionately. Izaak Tischler was then shown backstage. He was watching from behind the curtain. He looked absolutely crushed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Thomas Morgan was overused. I seem to have a little bit of a conundrum on my hands. A lot of my workers have low popularity, so much so that the crowd has a hard time getting behind them. That may come back to hurt us when we go on National Pride. We’ll have to see. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Resurgence”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Joanne Rodriguez & Izaak Tischler defeated Future Threat (c) by DQ and so Future Threat retains[COLOR="Red"] the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]California Love Machine defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh & Thomas Morgan defeated Ash Campbell & Primus Allen [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Marc Speed defeated Robert Oxford [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Mean Jean Cattley (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Thursday of Week 4, August 2011 -[/I][/B] Oh wow. The SWF continues to bleed talent. Now Bruce the Giant is set to leave them. [B][I]Friday of Week 4, August 2011 -[/I][/B] And now, Rick Law is leaving also. According to rumors, Sam Keith’s contract is up as well. It’ll be interesting to see if he stays or goes.

[I][SIZE="3"]Getting Set For Television![/SIZE][/I] I know some of our workers weren’t exactly thrilled with doing a live show at 11:00, but I was able to convince them that this would help us in the long run. I sat down with the Rev to look over our roster before the show started, figuring it would be good to remind ourselves of that before things got going (heels in red, faces in blue): [B][U]MAIN EVENTERS[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Alicia Strong[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Jay Chord Joey Beauchamp Robert Oxford[/COLOR] [B][U]UPPER MIDCARDERS[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]California Love Machine Joanne Rodriguez[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Steven Parker[/COLOR] [B][U]MIDCARDERS[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]Ash Campbell[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Citizen X[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Izaak Tischler[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Mean Jean Cattley[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Primus Allen[/COLOR] [U][B]LOWER MIDCARDERS[/B][/U] [COLOR="blue"]Joey Poison[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Kashmir Singh Marc Speed[/COLOR] [B][U]OPENERS[/U][/B] [COLOR="red"]Agent 69 Davis Wayne Newton[/COLOR] [B][U]ENHANCEMENT TALENT[/U][/B] [COLOR="red"]Jessica Danielson [/COLOR](mostly to keep her off my back) [COLOR="red"]Thomas Morgan[/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 1, September 2011[/I] Held at the Delaware Auditorium in the Mid Atlantic Territory 1,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone watching the National Pride Network to Powerhouse. We promised them a show that would highlight what the Midwest Wrestling Association had to offer. 1) [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“But I guess we’re going to start with our old champion,”[/COLOR] I groused as Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It’s been a while, hasn’t it, folks?” [/COLOR]Mean Jean asked with a friendly grin. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It’s been a while since Mean Jean’s been here. And I gotta say ...”[/COLOR] His face twisted into a scowl. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“... it’s just as bad here as always. “Now, I know the last time I was here, I was the MWA Grand Champion and now, I’m not.”[/COLOR] A few people cheered. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Yes, I know, I’m disappointed too. Now Jay Chord is our champ. That’s just great. You know the only reason he got that title shot at all a week ago back in Minnesota was sympathy.”[/COLOR] Mean Jean’s rant was cut off as the new MWA Grand Champion came out to the ring entrance. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I hate to disagree with you, Jean ... well, actually, I love disagreeing with you, but that’s not the point. No, the point is this: I didn’t get that title shot out of sympathy. I got it because the booking committee knew I could deliver. They knew I was championship material and could put you in your place. And hey, look at this... I have the title belt and you don’t! Looks like they were right to put their trust in me.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Whatever helps you sleep at night, twinkle-toes,” [/COLOR]Mean Jean shot back. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Look, the way I figure it, you winning the strap was a fluke. A once-in-a-lifetime, lightning-doesn’t-strike-twice kinda thing. I’m willing to bet that you can’t do it twice. What do you think?”[/COLOR] Jay laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Jean, you’re on. Let’s show these people why I’m the champ and you’re not.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. MARC SPEED[/B] Izaak looked simply fierce coming out to the ring. He looked furious, he looked to be ready to explode with rage at any moment, and Marc paid for it. Izaak battered him around the ring for a solid ten minutes before putting him down with a crucifix slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 8:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 3) Steven Parker came out to the ring and reintroduced himself to the crowd. He said he was the Future, Steven Parker, come here to liven up their dull and dreary existence. He was one half of the tag team champs in the MWA ... and he was feeling up for a fight. He basically laid out a challenge: anybody willing to go toe-to-toe with him should come out and get their butt handed to them. Out came a new face who looked somewhat familiar. He got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hey there, Future, my name is Greg Guage! You may not have heard of me, but I bet most of you have heard of my father. But that’s not important. I’m not looking to make a name for myself because of who my Dad is. I’m more interested in showing these people what a Guage can do!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] for the response 4) GREG GUAGE vs. STEVEN PARKER Parker didn’t seem too concerned as Guage got into the ring and warmed up a little. That soon changed once they locked up. Greg proved to be more than a match for Steven. He was able to tie the “Future” up into all sorts of locks and holds before finally slapping Parker into the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Guage [/B]in 7:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) Parker did not look happy once Greg released him. Greg showboated for the crowd a little, but then wound up the victim of a devastating assault by Parker and Davis Wayne Newton. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F+[/COLOR] 6) Alicia Strong came out and hyped up the MWA a little, telling the fans at home that the MWA is one of the few promotions that had true intergender match-ups. She promised to bring them some in the future, but for now, she would settle for having a great match with Joanne Rodriguez. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JOANNE RODRIGUEZ[/B] The women shook hands before the match actually started, and then they were off, putting together a match that had just the right blend of flying and technical mat work. In the end, J-Ro went for the J-Rocker, but before she could actually drive Alicia’s face into the mat, Alicia swung around and used J-Ro’s momentum to drive her into the mat. She then twisted up J-Ro’s arm into the Strong Arm Tactic. Joanne struggled a bit but finally tapped out. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 6:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 8) Before the ladies could clear out, Jay Chord came out and said that he was dedicating tonight’s main event to Alicia Strong. He tried to give her a kiss but wound up kissing her cheek. She smiled, embarrassed, and then scurried out of the arena. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) [B]JAY CHORD (c) vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] The crowd was solidly behind Jay on this one. A few people even chanted his father’s name, which Jay acknowledged with a thin smile. Mean Jean and Jay put it all on the line, putting together a solid match that kept the audience gasping. In the end, Mean Jean went for the Mood Swing, only to have it reversed and turned into a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 12:32 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 10) Jay Chord was celebrating his win when Izaak Tischler charged the ring and attacked him, leaving him down and out. The Rev and I were left wondering what was happening as the show went off the air. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not a bad debut. We increased our popularity in the Mid Atlantic territory and hopefully across the country as well. We drew a 0.23, the lowest rating out of any wrestling promotion show out there. Not good. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Marc Speed [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Greg Guage defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Joanne Rodriguez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord (c) defeated Mean Jean Cattley to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Your refs are up to their old shenanigans. [QUOTE] In the end, Marc took Oxford down quick and hard, getting him to tap out with a Boston Crab. WINNER: Robert Oxford in 13:20 RATING: D- [/QUOTE] Oxford taps out, then gets the win? [QUOTE] Only to have Jay tap out. The crowd started cheering. I asked the Rev if we’d ever seen someone kick out after a Mood Swing. The Rev said he didn’t think we had. Mean Jean tried to make the pin again but Jay kicked out again and surged to his feet. They continued the fight until finally, Jay surprised everyone by taking Mean Jean down and then dropping him once and for all with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: Jay Chord in 20:40 RATING: C [/QUOTE] Jay taps out from a pinfall, yet the ref misses it and he manages to get the win... :) Loving this, and it's a great followup to SWF. Congrats on your TV Deal. Down with SWF! Down with TCW! Long live MWA!

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 2, September 2011[/I] Held at Perry Hall in the Great Lakes Territory 1,872 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] We kick started everything right away with a great match from these two that made the audience sit up and take notice. The Rev commented that it might seem like a mismatch, what with Joey taking on Primus. He said that Primus is raw power, enough that you’d think Joey would be done before he started. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “But Joey Beauchamp is quick and agile and knows how to go toe-to-toe with bigger men.”[/COLOR] There were a few times where Joey looked to be in trouble. For example, at one point, he tried to launch himself from the top turnbuckle in a cross-body block, only to be caught by Primus and dropped with a fall-away slam. But Joey eventually put his speed to work and took Primus down with a few springboard dropkicks for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 7:01 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 2) Kashmir Singh came out to the ring with the MWA Rising Star Title draped over one shoulder. He introduced himself to the crowd (more to the television audience) as the man who would one day be headlining major shows. He said that’s what his title belt means and that’s why so many people were out to get him. People like Ash Campbell. He ripped on Ash, saying that while he may have the heritage, he didn’t have the skill to back up his boasting. He then continued to rip on Ash and his family, saying that the only reason why his father became famous at all was because he bled well. Ash eventually heard enough and came out to shut Kashmir up. But before he even made it half-way to the ring, Thomas Morgan jumped him from behind and ran him down. Kashmir and Thomas then stomped on Ash until security came out to drive them away. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F+[/COLOR] 3) [B]JOEY POISON vs. CALIFORNIA LOVE MACHINE[/B] This was a little better. The crowd was more into the high flying antics of these two. Lots of high spots, lots of gasp-inducing moments, all of which culminated in CLM hitting the LAX Departure. The Rev pointed out that the Best of Seven Series was now at 0-2 for Joey Poison; if he didn’t rally soon, he’d be in serious trouble. WINNER: [B]California Love Machine [/B]in 6:37 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 4) Greg Gauge came out to the ring and started laughing about the way Future Threat punked him last week after his match with Steven Parker. He thought it was so funny, but then he sobered up. He said he liked a joke as much as the next guy, but not when it came to what happened in the ring. He said he needed to teach Future Threat a lesson. And the best way to do it: in a tag match. He said he could scrape up a tag partner from somewhere. He dared Parker and Newton to meet him next week and learn their lesson. Out came the tag team champions. They laughingly accepted the challenge, saying that nobody in the company was stupid enough to take them on. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+ [/COLOR]for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the acceptance 5) Alicia Strong found Izaak Tischler backstage and got in his face over what happened last week with Jay Chord. She demanded that he go and apologize to Jay. Jay flat-out refused, saying that he didn’t owe Jay Chord anything. Things got heated and finally, Alicia demanded that he meet her out in the ring to finish this. Izaak said that was fine by him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 6) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] The Rev thought that these two were absolutely out of their minds. I couldn’t help but agree. They really went after each other. Murder seemed to shine in both their eyes as they fought. Alicia really came out of this looking spectacular. But it was Izaak that managed to drop her with a Death Valley Driver. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 7:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) Alicia, surprisingly, was immediately on her feet and went after Izaak. She shoved him, he shoved back, and soon they were fighting again. Soon they had locked up. Their struggle brought their faces mere inches from each other. Then Izaak lunged forward and kissed Alicia. Alicia looked surprised, but then she pulled Izaak into a passionate kiss. Before you knew it, they were rolling on the mat making out. Eventually Jez MacArthuer shooed them out of there while the Rev clucked his tongue disapprovingly. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Out came the Grand Champion. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Do you think he saw what happened?” [/COLOR]I asked. The Rev didn’t need to answer. The look on Jay’s face made it clear enough. He got on the mic and said that he was itching for a fight. He didn’t care who it was with. He’d even put the title on the line. He just wanted someone to come out now and get their ass kicked. The sound of a diesel engine revving signaled the entrance of his opponent and the man who accepted his challenge: Bulldozer Brandon Smith. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the acceptance 9) [B]BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH vs. JAY CHORD (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Jay was on fire. But Bulldozer came close to putting it out a few times. The Rev went over Bulldozer’s pedigree as the match went on: his All American wrestling career, ended by a serious injury, that sort of thing. Bulldozer put in a great fight, taking Jay to the limits. But Jay eventually managed to turn the tide and put Bulldozer down with a Super DDT. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 11:02 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Jay shoved Jez away when the ref tried to raise his hand in victory. He started to leave the ring but then decided to continue the assault on Bulldozer. He stomped on him and eventually hauled him to his feet so he could smash the title belt across his face. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Good matches that showed what we have to offer. Our ratings went up a little too, garnering a 0.25. An increase of .02 is still an increase no matter how you slice it. Unfortunately, we’re losing a ton of money. I have no idea if sponsor money will increase to go along with it, so we’re going to try an experiment: no Internet footage, just DVD sales, and we’ll see if that can help us out. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Primus Allen [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]California Love Machine defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord (c) defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Tuesday of Week 3, September 2011[/I] Held at the New Mexico Armory in the Mid South Territory 1,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the viewers at home to the show. 1) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring. He bitterly complained about how misused he’s been in the MWA. He says that he’s been treated as a joke, a punch line, and he hasn’t been given the respect he deserves. He said that the audience was lucky to even see him tonight. His tirade was interrupted by Robert Oxford, who came out and said that if anyone has right to complain, it’s him. He said that he’s been employed by two major promotions in the U.S. He’s been seen on TV shows all around the world and now, he’s a laughing stock because he keeps getting beaten by younger men. He told Mean Jean to count his blessings; at least Mean Jean’s had credible title shots. The two of them kept arguing with each other until finally, Oxford had enough and charged the ring. The two collided and started fighting. Backstage personnel swarmed into the ring to separate them, but finally, I stood up and called Jez MacArthuer out to the ring, saying that if they wanted to fight, let them. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) [B]ROBERT OXFORD vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Not too bad of an opening bout. The Rev said that it was a shame that these two were so bitter about their careers. He said that Mean Jean had the heart and the brains to be one of the best in the business whereas Oxford definitely had the experience to make him a viable threat. Oxford and Mean Jean battered each other around the ring before Mean Jean finally put Oxford away with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 7:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) The camera cut backstage where Primus Allen was working out. He looked up and tensed when he realized Playboy Jake Sawyer was with him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Ah, Mr. Allen! I never did get the chance to formally greet you and welcome you to the august ranks of the Midwest Wrestling Association. My name, as I’m sure you know, is Jake Sawyer.” “Yeah, I know who you are,” [/COLOR]Allen said warily. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Splendid! Then we can dispense with the formalities and tackle the real reason I’m here. I wanted to speak with you about the need for alliances in the MWA. It never hurts to have friends, correct?” [/COLOR]Before Allen could respond, Sawyer continued. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Of course, the trick is to have the right friends. That’s why I would like to offer my services to you. I’m sure you can see how beneficial that would be.”[/COLOR] Allen shook his head. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“No offense, Mr. Sawyer, but I tend to keep to myself. I appreciate the offer, but I’ll have to pass.”[/COLOR] Sawyer sighed and shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Very well. I see my words have fallen on deaf ears. But where words have failed, perhaps actions will help.”[/COLOR] Kashmir Singh and Thomas Morgan jumped Allen from behind and beat him down, kicking and punching. Allen tried to fight back but couldn’t beat the odds after the sneak attack. Once the assault was over, Sawyer leaned in close. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Perhaps next time you’ll be more accepting of friendly advice.”[/COLOR] RATING:[COLOR="blue"] F[/COLOR] 4) [B]JOEY POISON vs. CALIFORNIA LOVE MACHINE[/B] CLM was off his game tonight, mostly because he wasn’t happy about the way the match was booked. As a result, the crowd’s mood dropped. The Rev and I did our best to play up the drama and excitement of watching these two go at it. In the end, Joey Poison picked up the win with an Antidote Web, bringing the Best of Seven Series to 1-2. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 7:38 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 5) Future Threat came out to the ring and mocked Greg Gauge. They said that according to what they’ve heard, Greg hasn’t asked anyone to be his tag partner for tonight’s match. They said that was a real shame, because that meant that he’d have to face both of them by himself, a situation that would definitely end in defeat. But then Greg Gauge came out to the ring entrance and laughed at them. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Just ‘cuz I didn’t ask anyone in the MWA to be my partner doesn’t mean I didn’t find one. I did. You know the old saying, ‘Keep it in the family’? Good advice, especially for tonight. Parker, Newton, I want to introduce you to my tag team partner and my twin brother ... Matthew Gauge!”[/COLOR] Matt came out to a pretty quiet audience. Hopefully they’ll liven up after they get to know the Gauge brothers better. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] for the taunting; [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the reveal 6) [B]THE GUAGE BROTHERS vs. FUTURE THREAT[/B] I tried to hype this match up as a dream match from the future. I said that all four men in the ring were poised to become superstars in their own right and we had the privilege of seeing them tonight. The crowd didn’t agree. It’s not that this wasn’t a good match; it was. The crowd was just a bit too lethargic to care. The Gauges overwhelmed the tag champs with very coordinated offense until finally, Matt took down Steven Parker with a Proton Lock. WINNERS: [B]The Gauge Brothers [/B]in 8:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 7) Having picked up the win, Matt and Greg celebrated in the ring together. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 8) A video from last week’s show played, reminding folks of how Alicia Strong and Izaak Tischler ended their match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) Jay Chord came out to the ring absolutely livid. He said he had something on his mind: Izaak Tischler. He said he was tired of hearing about how great Izaak was. He said he had been watching Izaak for a while and didn’t think he was anything special. And he had the best way to prove it: he challenged Izaak to a match tonight. He’d even put the Grand Championship on the line to get it. So he basically ordered Izaak to come out for a match right now. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. JAY CHORD (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Izaak came out to the ring looking a little happier than he has been in recent weeks. He and Jay locked up immediately but it soon became clear that Jay wasn’t interested in just beating Izaak, he wanted to hurt him. Izaak gave as good as he got, though, and was the first to score a near fall. That only enraged Jay even more. Finally, when it became clear that the crowd was slowly getting behind Izaak and that Izaak had momentum on his side, Jay ended the match by getting the title belt and smashing it over Izaak’s head. Jez immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]by DQ in 9:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 11) The match is over but Jay isn’t done. He kicked Izaak in the head and then straddled him, repeatedly punching Izaak in the face. When Jez tried to separate them, Jay shoved the ref across the ring. He then dragged Izaak out of the ring and cleared off the announce table. He set Izaak on top and then climbed on as well. He then started to set Izaak up for a Cradle Piledriver even as the Rev and I shouted for him to stop. Before he could actually deliver it, Alicia Strong raced out to ringside and begged Jay to stop. Jay glared at her but finally relented, releasing Izaak and storming out of the arena while Alicia knelt next to Izaak to tend to him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Jay and Izaak really saved the show. We probably got a popularity increase in most territories. We took a step back in the ratings, getting a 0.23. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Robert Oxford [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Joey Poison defeated California Love Machine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]The Gauge Brothers defeated Future Threat [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Jay Chord (c) by DQ, so Jay retains the [COLOR="Red"]MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Archived