MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Saturday of Week 3, May 2010[/I] Held at the Junkyard in the Mid West Territory 833 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our fans watching via the Internet. We promised them a fun show tonight. 1) Things started off with Ultimate Phoenix in the ring. He thanked the crowd for coming and began his usual spiel about what an honor it was to be the Grand Champion. Then Steven Parker’s music hit. He came out to the ring in full boil and made the announcement that Joanne Rodriguez had skipped town to go touring in Japan again. He said that he had spoken with me before the show started and that I had agreed to give him a shot since he is “The Future.” Ultimate Phoenix laughed off the threat and said he’d be more than happy to defend his title against Parker tonight. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 2) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. CITIZEN X[/B] Things picked up with the opening match. Izaak and X were in good form tonight, putting on a match that really made the audience sit up and take notice. X seemed to be pulling ahead on points, but then Izaak surprised him with his sit-down powerbomb for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 9:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) Mean Jean Cattley came out to ringside and began to abuse me once again. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You must be a slow learner, Scap. What’s the deal giving my title shot to Steven Parker? The kid’s okay, but he’s nowhere in my league. So while J-Ro goes traipsing around Japan, you’re going to subject the audience to some lackluster main event and keep me on the shelf?”[/COLOR] I got the mic and stood up. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“No, Mean Jean, you’re not sitting out tonight. I’ve got something special in store for you. I had to cast a wide net, but I found someone who’s willing to take you on. Go get suited up. You’re in action tonight against a mystery opponent.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the rant; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the match announcement 4) [B]JOEY POISON vs. ROBERT OXFORD[/B] Another good match to really show the crowd what we were capable of. The fans were behind Joey and a few people were chanting for Oxford to retire, but he showed why he was still in the business by slamming Joey around and taking strategic advantage of the times that the ref wasn’t paying attention. He finally dropped Joey with a vicious clothesline for the pin. WINNER: [B]Robert Oxford [/B]in 7:47 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Playboy Jake Sawyer came out to the ring with Kashmir Singh. He said that he had signed an exclusive contract with Kashmir to be his agent. He said his client would show his worth in the next match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 6) [B]DELIRIOUS DAN vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] Dan was in control for most of the match, in spite of the times that Sawyer tried to distract him. He battered Kashmir around the ring, but then, while Sawyer distracted the ref, Kashmir low-blowed Dan and rolled him up, planting his feet on the ropes for leverage. The ref didn’t notice, even though Sawyer came around to hold his client’s feet in place. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 10:13 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) Mean Jean came out to the ring in his attire. I stood up with the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It’s ironic that your opponent is a mystery, Jean, because that describes this man perfectly. The Man of Mystery ... Enygma!”[/COLOR] The former SWF superstar (and current employee of NOTBPW, who we have a working arrangement with) came out to the ring. The crowd popped a little at the sight of him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) [B]ENYGMA vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] The crowd was solidly behind Enygma on this one, and with good reason. He really took the fight to Mean Jean and didn’t let up. Mean Jean actually looked a little worried, especially after Enygma scored a near fall in the first two minutes. Things looked so bad for Mean Jean that he eventually went ringside and got a chair, using it to bash Enygma’s head in. The ref immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Enygma[/B] by DQ in 9:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 9) Steve Parker came out to the ring as Jez MacArthuer was helping Enygma out of the ring. He got on the mic and talked himself up, saying that he was sure that he was going to become the new Grand Champion. He said that he’d even give J-Ro a tumble when she got back from Japan ... and maybe a match too. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 10) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX (c) vs. STEVEN PARKER [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Match of the night easily. Parker played the ****y heel perfectly, showing absolutely no respect to the champ. Phoenix, for his part, didn’t seem too concerned. The Rev admired Steven’s approach, using holds to keep Phoenix on the ground. Parker tried to keep things slow and steady, wearing Phoenix down with a number of mat-based attacks. But eventually, Phoenix broke away and eventually finished off his opponent with a Phoenix Firebird Splash. WINNER: [B]Ultimate Phoenix [/B]in 22:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Steven Parker was slightly overused. I have to say, I’m a little frustrated with myself. I had printed up a bunch of advance publicity stating that we were finally going to see J-Ro take on Phoenix for the title. Problem is, she went on tour with 5SSW again this month. In my panic to correct that, I accidentally set the show time for only an hour and a half instead of our regular two hour block. Not only that, but Enygma isn’t proving to be the deal I hoped. He absolutely refused to job to Mean Jean, which means that the program I envisioned for Mean Jean is going to have to change. I do have an idea of what to do, though. We did lose $5,761 on the show, but that can’t be helped. On the plus side, we should have increased our popularity with this show, which is good, especially since it brought us back up to Regional size. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Citizen X[/I] - [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Robert Oxford defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh defeated Delirious Dan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Enygma defeated Mean Jean Cattley by DQ [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Ultimate Phoenix (c) defeated Steven Parker to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] From ProWrestlingHits.com - [QUOTE]Midwest Wrestling Association held MWA Unbowed, Unbroken last night in the Junkyard, and drew 833 fans. The feedback has been awesome, the small company outshone some of the bigger promotions’ recent efforts. Following their recent growth, this is a very dangerous time for MWA. For the next few months they must walk the fine line between confidence and over-confidence, as they look to capitalise on their current success without over-reaching and damaging their own long-term prospects. “That’s crazy,” said area resident Jason Warholic.[/QUOTE]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Wednesday of Week 4, May 2010 -[/I][/B] In a bizarre bit of booking, Larry Wood had Marc DuBois job to him for the 10-Minute championship. Poor Marc. In other title news, Jumbo Shrimp became the TCW International Champion. [B][I]Saturday of Week 4, May 2010 -[/I][/B] It felt good to move back into the Garrison. Paulie claimed he didn’t miss us when we moved to the Junkyard, but I saw the way he smiled as he turned away from us to mop up some spilled beer. As our limited crew set up the ring, the Rev beckoned me over. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Remember how I said I had a lead on a worker who might help us punch through to the next level?” [/COLOR]He turned to the person standing next to him. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Show him.”[/COLOR] I watched as the wrestler got into the ring with Agent 69. The two of them started working and I have to admit, I was stunned. Great in-ring work and a good attitude from what I could tell. And then the Rev told me what the wrestler’s pedigree was and, I have to admit, I was hooked. I offered this new wrestler a contract on the spot and was even willing to shell out some extra money. It was an investment in our future, I figured. [B][I]Sunday of Week 4, May 2010 -[/I][/B] The next day, the Rev popped his head into my office. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well, what did USPW say? Were they willing to make a trade?”[/COLOR] I shook my head. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It was a long shot anway.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Too bad. It would have made for a great moment.”[/COLOR] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, June 2010 -[/I][/B] Much to my surprise, Christian Faith announced his retirement today! [B][I]Wednesday of Week 1, June 2010 - [/I][/B]Not surprisingly, Christian Faith dropped the title at Invaison! last night. To my surprise, he dropped it to Rich Money. [B][I]Thursday of Week 1, June 2010 -[/I][/B] Larry Wood ended his 10-Minute Championship reign by jobbing to Mikel Alonso, thus confirming my theory that he has a man-crush on him. [B][I]Friday of Week 3, June 2010 -[/I][/B] Even though I had negotiated with NOTBPW to borrow Enygma for three shows, apparently he’s fed up with us and will be leaving the company after only two. Weird. Unfortunately, we also learned that we weren’t quite big enough to sell out the Garrison again. Rather than run the risk of having lots of empty seats, we put that off for a while. We’ll have to stay at the Junkyard for a little while longer. From MWA.com - [QUOTE]Be sure to join the Midwest Wrestling Association on Friday of Week 3, June 2010 for [CENTER][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"][B]“MWA Ascendant”[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER] Featuring... [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Ultimate Phoenix defending [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]against Joanne Rodriguez (finally!) MI-07 defending [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR]against Steve Flash & Joey Poison Valiant vs. Marc Speed Enygma vs. Mean Jean Cattley Izaak Tischler vs. Thomas Morgan[/SIZE][/CENTER] And a major announcement regarding a new acquisition![/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Ascendant”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Friday of Week 3, June 2010[/I] Held at the Junkyard in the Mid West Territory 950 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our Internet fans to the webcast and the Junkyard. We commented that more and more people are learning about the MWA and that we almost sold out the Junkyard tonight. 1) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] Izaak is quickly becoming my go-to-guy for a solid opening match. He and Thomas really tore things up, but you could tell that they didn’t have a firm enough grasp of psychology to really get the crowd popping. Thomas put up a good fight but Izaak finished things off with a Figure Four. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 9:56 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) Izaak grabbed the mic and dedicated his win to his brother, Sabbath. He said that he misses him and that he hopes that Sabbath is proud of his work. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) Enygma came out to ringside, upset about the way that Mean Jean ended their match last month. He said he wanted Mean Jean in the ring again tonight. I readily agreed and made the amtch. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) A video played on the big screen, hyping up Valiant and the winning streak he seems to be on since coming to the MWA. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) [B]VALIANT vs. MARC SPEED[/B] A good match that really showcased both men’s talents. Marc Speed put up a good fight, trying to keep Valiant in first gear for most of the match. He even managed to score a near fall at one point. But then Valiant was able to break away and finally dropped Marc with a Patriot Missile. WINNER: [B]Valiant[/B] in 9:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) I got into the ring with a mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I know the web has been buzzing a little since we announced we had made a major acquisition for the MWA. I am excited at this time to introduce you all to someone with a very bright future ahead of her. She’s a second generation wrestler who trained with a legendary Japanese worker. Keep an eye on her, she is going places! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you ... Alicia Strong!”[/COLOR] A female voice then cried out, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’m rough, I’m tough, I’m Strong!” [/COLOR](One of her dad’s old catchphrase from his days in the SWF, the only one that Richard neglected to copyright) and a slightly techno version of Sam Strong’s old entrance music started up. Out came Alicia, dressed and ready to go. She got into the ring and waved to the crowd, some of whom were excited to see her. Her entrance music was cut off by “Taps.” Sgt. Buddy Lee West came out to the ring in an absolute rage. He snatched the mic out of my hand and went on an extended rant about how professional wrestling was going to heck in a handcart. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“First we got that Mexican lew-chee-dore as our Grand Champion. And then he’s scheduled to fight some skirt who’d rather run around Japan rather than take a title shot that any guy on the roster’d kill to have. And now you bring in a new dame and roll out the red carpet like she’s something special? Mean Jean is right! I have half a mind....”[/COLOR] Before he could finish his rant, Alicia snatched the mic out of his hand. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Thanks for stating the obvious. You do have half a mind. Too bad it’s defective!”[/COLOR] Sarge snatched the mic back. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Listen, sister, I ain’t one to smack a girl, but keep giving me lip, and I’ll...."[/COLOR] Once again, Alicia stole the mic. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, don’t let me stop you. As a matter of fact, I’ll just take that as a challenge!”[/COLOR] With that, Alicia threw down the mic and attacked Sarge. I quickly cleared out of there and ordered the bell to ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the debut; [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the response 7) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. SGT. BUDDY LEE WEST[/B] Alicia really set a high standard for her debut match. She really looked good in the ring, taking the fight to a very surprised Sarge. Sarge was eventually able to rally and didn’t hold back as he returned her blows. But Alicia proved to be too agile and kept slipping out of every major move Sarge tried. She finally took him down with a stunning hurricanrana for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 9:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) Joanne Rodriguez was pacing backstage, warming up for her match. She turned a corner and came face to face with Steven Parker. Steven welcomed her back to the Mid West with a leer. Joanne snared him by the arm and lit into him for what he said last month about giving her a tumble. He demanded to know how she heard about that. She replied sarcastically, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“They do have the Internet in Japan, moron.”[/COLOR] She then went on to tell him that while he may call himself “The Future”, he was actually looking at the future: women who were willing to go toe-to-toe with men. She’d be more than willing to educate him next month in a match. Steve said he’d be there but he was willing to bet she’d conveniently be out of town on another tour. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) Once again, there was a video portraying Agent 69 and Citizen X as international spies, intercut with footage from their previous matches. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F+[/COLOR] 10) [B]STEVE FLASH & JOEY POISON vs. MI-07 (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Steve Flash looked like a true star in this match. He and Joey put up a good fight but Agent 69 and Citizen X were able to counter their offense with well-timed double-team moves. In the end, Citizen X finished off Joey with a Flaming Anarchy. WINNERS: [B]MI-07 [/B]in 11:13 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 11) Playboy Jake Sawyer came out to the ring entrance with Kashmir Singh in tow. He then proceeded to hype Kashmir as the great unsung talent of the Midwest Wrestling Association, claiming that he’s the true one to watch. He made it sound like Kashmir was formed by the wrestling gods and sent to Minnesota specifically to grace us all with his presence. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring and got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So Enygma wants another piece of me, huh? Well, that’s just dandy as far as I’m concerned. I may not have technically won our last match, but you know what, I don’t care if it went down in the loss column for me. I gave Enygma a good souvenir to remember the MWA and I’m more than willing to give him a proper send-off before he retreats back north wherever Scapino found him.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 13) [B]ENYGMA vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Enygma stepped it up a little, keeping after Mean Jean. At times, the Rev commented that it seemed like Enygma was more intent on hurting Mean Jean rather than beating him. I commented that wasn’t exactly why I brought him down from Canada, but if it happened, I wouldn’t complain. Once again, Enygma was all over Mean Jean and nearly beat him a few times. Finally Mean Jean dropped out of the ring and retreated. When Enygma came around the ring, Mean Jean brained him with a steel chair. The ref immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Enygma [/B]by DQ in 11:33 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) Enygma rolled on the floor, groaning, as Mean Jean continued to wail on him with a steel chair. He finally tossed it away and spit on Enygma before stalking to the back. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 15) Ultimate Phoenix came out to the ring and said that the good things in life are worth waiting for. He said that was true about his match with Joanne Rodriguez. He said that he had been preparing himself for this match for months and that it would be an honor to finally face her in combat. RATING: D- 16) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX (c) vs. JOANNE RODRIGUEZ [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Phoenix was right. The good things are worth waiting for. J-Ro and Phoenix put on a great show, neither one giving an inch to the other. J-Ro looked spectacular and the Rev really hyped her up, saying that this was the future. J-Ro and Alicia Strong and the other women of the MWA were putting all the male wrestlers on notice that they could go toe-to-toe with them and beat them soundly. Finally, Phoenix managed to pull ahead and nailed the Phoenix Firebird Splash. WINNER: [B]Ultimate Phoenix [/B]in 22:42 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 17) J-Ro came over to Phoenix after the match was over and shook his hand. The two then celebrated for the crowd. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] This marked the end of Enygma’s stint in the MWA, and good riddance. Now I remember why I let him go from the SWF four years ago! The show netted us another popularity gain, which is always good, even if we did lose $8,825 on the show. I’m willing to bet the sponsor money will help offset that nicely again this month. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Ascendant”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Valiant defeated Marc Speed [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Sgt. Buddy Lee West [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]MI-07 (c) defeated Steve Flash & Joey Poison to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Enygma defeated Mean Jean Cattley by DQ [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Ultimate Phoenix (c) defeated Joanne Rodriguez to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] From ProWrestlingHits.com - [QUOTE]Midwest Wrestling Association held MWA Ascendant last night in The Junkyard, and drew 950 fans. The feedback has been that the show was awesome. Local resident Torri Thompson was quoted as saying, “Is that it?”[/QUOTE]

From ProWrestlingHits.com – [QUOTE][B][SIZE="3"]MAW rises from the dead![/SIZE][/B] Mid Atlantic Wrestling is back in business and nobody is quite sure why. The original MAW, the brainchild of the legendary Rip Chord, went out of business due to financial problems. An unknown investor has since purchased the rights to MAW’s name and logo and offered it up to any businessperson willing to resurrect the dead brand. Rip Chord, who was hired to be a road agent by the SWF, was unavailable for comment. So too the heads of the major promotions have little to say, although our sources report that none of them are too concerned. This marks the third smaller promotion to open in the United States since the beginning of 2007. The first was the Midwest Wrestling Association in January, shortly followed by EXODUS-USA in February. While no one is sure whether or not these openings are connected, our forums are currently buzzing with speculation that we are witnessing a rebirth of the old territories.[/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, July 2010 -[/I][/B] Even though I knew it was coming, I have to admit that the reappearance of MAW has me a little worried. For one thing, our initials are rather similar, so hopefully people won’t get us mixed up. For another, my constant fiddling with our product has left us in a more vulnerable position. Needless to say, I’ll be keeping my eye on MAW. In a story that made me chuckle, a new worker has hit the scene named Devastating Don. Delirious Dan approached me and asked if I thought he should sue. I figured he shouldn’t waste his time. [B][I]Wednesday of Week 1, July 2010 -[/I][/B] Some guy named Gil Thomas took the offer to run MAW. No word yet on who he’s going to get to be the head booker. My sources say that he’s been given a bankroll of $100,000 to get started. [B][I]Thursday of Week 1, July 2010 -[/I][/B] And Gil apparently sees my roster as a good way to jump start his. I just was notified that he made offers to the Rev, Delirious Dan, Mean Jean Cattley, Kashmir Singh, and Sgt. Buddy Lee West. I’d be more worried if MAW was bigger. As it is, Gil will probably only offer pay-per-appearance contracts, which helps me in the long run. This way, my workers will get more exposure on the East Coast, which can only help their popularity. [B][I]Monday of Week 2, July 2010 -[/I][/B] Lots of chatter on ProWrestlingHits.com about the new MAW roster. New head booker Karen Killer signed Mean Jean and the Rev (the Rev even got story slot #2!). They also signed Des Davids, Eugene Williams, Rhino Umaga, and Roger Dodger. She also went after Corporal Doom, but he didn’t sign on. [B][I]Tuesday of Week 2, July 2010 -[/I][/B] More MAW signing news. Sarge and Kashmir both signed Pay-Per-Appearance contracts. Karen also picked up Air Attack Weasel, Rock Downpour, and Dazzling Dave Diamond. [B][I]Wednesday of Week 2, July 2010 -[/I][/B] Dan signed his MAW contract as well. In other news, on the latest edition of [I]Invasion![/I], we saw Katharina Stevanovic defeated Missy Masterson. As far as I can tell, Wanda Fish hasn’t been on the air for quite a while. [B][I]Saturday of Week 2, July 2010 -[/I][/B] The SWF put on the Supreme Challenge. Nothing too major. Robbie Retro took the 10-Minute Championship but that was the only title that changed hands. No sign of Wanda once again. I did some digging through ProWrestlingHits.com’s database and learned that she hasn’t had a match since March. [B][I]Monday of Week 3, July 2010 -[/I][/B] And now Izaak Tischler has signed with MAW. FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to attend [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Taste of Fame”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] on Saturday of Week 3, July 2010[/CENTER] Featuring [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Joanne Rodriguez taking on Steven “The Future” Parker.[/SIZE][/CENTER] Also in action: Mean Jean Cattley, Alicia Strong, and Ultimate Phoenix![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=GuyInTheCorner;180535]Just found this after settling in back at school, hurray! MaxxHexx I gotta laugh because my immediate reaction to that part of the story was "Pft...Edina", I do the same thing whenever I watch Mighty Ducks and they introduce Adam Banks, don't know why. [B]What part of MN are you from[/B], or you too Scap for that matter. I'm originally from Hutchinson.[/QUOTE] Rosemount

This as well as a couple other diaries for the smaller promotions has sorta made me want to do a smaller fed for my diary. Hopefully mine varies enough from all of the great diaries on the boards already. You should start a war with MAW if you are bigger and run them out of business. That could make for some interesting stuff.

Not that I'm an expert, but at his level he shouldn't really go to War with anyone. It might mean that MAW take a worker he really wants, and then he can't get him back, if the rule of only working for one of two companies at War rule is still in place. And this is an extra show a month that his wrestlers get now. So as long as MAW don't rise quicker than he does, it's good that they are around.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [I]Friday of Week 3, July 2010[/I] Held at the Junkyard in the Mid West Territory 950 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our Internet audience to the show. We really pushed the fact that we almost sold out the Junkyard. The wrestling industry recently bottomed out in the Mid West and has started to climb again. Hopefully that’ll help our attendance. 1) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring to start off the show. He got the mic and announced that he had recently gotten a new job: he was wrestling for the new Mid Atlantic Wrestling. He said the reason Gil Thomas contacted him was because it simply wouldn’t be MAW without Mean Jean Cattley. He praised Gil’s foresight and understanding of his potential. He then started to complain once again about how he’s been mistreated in the MWA. He said he should be main eventing every night, but instead, we see nothing but matches with some guy named after a town in Arizona and a chick who seems to prefer traveling overseas than actually taking title shots that were given to her on a gold platter. Mean Jean’s rant was cut off halfway by Steve Flash, who came out and told Mean Jean to cram a sock in it. He said that he’s had a great career in the professional wrestling industry and that the one thing he’s learned is that you get farther along when you actually are respectful and kind. He said that Mean Jean will be lucky to get any title shots anytime soon. Mean Jean told Steve to get out of there, that nobody wanted to hear from a washed up has-been. Steve countered that by pointing out he still has enough left in him to kick Mean Jean’s ass. Mean Jean told him to meet him in the ring later and they’ll see who’s the better man. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 2) [B]VALIANT vs. KATE LILLY[/B] Valiant put on another great show and Kate really helped make him look good out there. They traded blows for a while, Kate giving as good as she got, until finally, Valiant beat her with a V-Split from out of nowhere. WINNER: [B]Valiant[/B] in 11:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) Ben Williams and Delirious Dan came out to the ring and hyped up the fact that they had been given a title shot against MI-07. Dan ragged on Citizen X and Agent 69 a little, pointing out how silly it is that they think they’re spies. He wondered what they thought they were going to learn by spying on a wrestling promotion. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) [B]BEN WILLIAMS & DELIRIOUS DAN vs. MI-07 (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Maybe teaming Ben and Dan wasn’t such a good idea. Ben got tired out by the end of the match and Dan just looked a little stale. Citizen X, though, looked like a true star, even though it was Agent 69 who got Ben to tap out with a rear naked choke. WINNERS: [B]MI-07 [/B]in 10:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) Alicia Strong came out to the ring and hyped herself up again. She said that she proved last month that she could hang with the big boys when she defeated Sgt. Buddy Lee West. She said she was willing to prove it again and called for an opponent, any opponent, to come out of the back and take her on. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. NOMAD[/B] Even though Nomad and Alicia didn’t have good chemistry in the ring, it still was a pretty decent match. Nomad looked bound and determined to bring Alicia down, but that proved hard to do. In the end, Alicia picked up the win with a Figure Four leglock. WINNER:[B] Alicia Strong [/B]in 11:20 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Steve Flash came out to the ring and hyped up his match against Mean Jean, saying that he had every confidence that he was going to wipe the self-satisfied smirk off of his face by the end of the night. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 8) [B]STEVE FLASH vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Great match, just what we needed at this point. Mean Jean and Steve put on a terrific match, easily one of the best we’ve had. Mean Jean didn’t lose the self-confident grin as he wrestled with the cagey veteran. The Rev seemed particularly put out by this. He went off on tradition, how it wasn’t right for Mean Jean, still a relative unknown, to be so disrespectful toward the veteran Steve Flash. Steve put up a marvelous fight, coming close to beating Mean Jean on more than one occasion. But then Mean Jean was able to fight back and actually took down Steve with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 10:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 9) Even though he beat Steve cleanly, Mean Jean wasn’t done. He laid the boots to Steve, stomping on him repeatedly. I said that enough was enough. You could hear the mic hit the table and then I got into the ring and tried to interpose myself between Mean Jean and Steve. Mean Jean did stop his assault, only to redirect it. Before I could escape, he attacked me. He eventually dragged me out to ringside, set up a table, and then drove me through it with a Mood Swing. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 10) As the paramedics rushed out to ringside to get me on a gurney and out of the arena, Delirious Dan came out to take my place at the announce table. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 11) Ultimate Phoenix came out to the ring. He said that he was okay with the main event going to Joanne Rodriguez and Steven Parker tonight. He said that he was confident that J-Ro would defeat Parker and teach him some respect. But, he said, he also wanted to have a match tonight as well and defend his Grand Championship and he knew who he wanted to fight. He said that he had been consistently impressed with one young wrestler in the MWA, impressed with his courage, his fighting spirit, and his heart. That’s why tonight, he wanted to face Izaak Tischler for the MWA Grand Championship. He said that even if he loses, it would be an honor to have done so to a worker with such a bright future. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX (c) vs. IZAAK TISCHLER [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Izaak really shone like a star in the ring. He looked good. The Rev’s color commentary really pumped up the match again. It was a great match all around. Not as good as Mean Jean vs. Steve Flash, but still an awesome exhibition. It looked like Izaak could possibly walk away the new champ but in the end, Phoenix hit the Phoenix Firebird Splash and put Izaak away. WINNER: [B]Ultimate Phoenix [/B]in 11:35 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) Steven Parker came out to the ring and got the mic. He said that he knew he was in for a challenge tonight. He admitted that Joanne Rodriguez was a gifted wrestler and a brilliant technician. But, he said, there was one reason why he was going to win the match tonight: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Because men are just better than women.”[/COLOR] He said it was a biological fact that men were better competitors, better athletes, and even smarter than women. He said that Joanne should realize that and go home to Triple A or 5SSW and leave the MWA to the men. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] 14) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] J-Ro came out to the ring looking absolutely furious. Dan said he couldn’t blame her. She immediately attacked him and paid for it as Parker was able to block some of her offense and counter it almost immediately. The match was lifted by their great chemistry. They battled back and forth, both resorting to more and more intricate and painful holds. It was hard to call who was going to come out the winner, but eventually, it was becoming more and more clear that J-Ro was pulling in the lead. Parker, oddly, didn’t seem all that concerned. “It’s almost like he knows something we don’t,” the Rev observed. We soon found out what. Parker “accidentally” wound up taking out the ref. J-Ro was then able to hit the J-Rocker, dropping Parker to the mat. Then Robert Oxford hit the ring and attacked her, knocking her around the ring before finally dropping her with a vicious clothesline. Oxford then rolled Parker on top of her and roused the ref. The ref made the count even as Dan and the Rev screamed in frustration. WINNER: [B]Steven Parker [/B]in 23:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Nomad was slightly overused, but we should have increased our popularity. Again, we lost money, but with the sponsor money, we should be good. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Valiant defeated Kate Lilly [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]MI-07 (c) defeated Ben Williams & Delirious Dan to retain the MWA Tag Team Championship [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Nomad [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Steve Flash [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Ultimate Phoenix (c) defeated Izaak Tischler to retain the MWA Grand Championship [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Steven Parker defeated Joanne Rodriguez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] From ProWrestlingHits.com - [QUOTE]Midwest Wrestling Association held MWA Taste of Fame last night in the Junkyard, and drew 950 fans. The feedback has been that the show was awesome.[/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]Hitting the Fan[/SIZE][/I] After “Taste of Fame”, a bunch of us went back to the Garrison to review the tape and discuss what the next card should be. I was in high spirits: we were steadily gaining more and more audience members and pretty soon, I figured, we could return to the Garrison full time. I also had some ideas brewing for a fun storyline, but I would have to throw out a few feelers to bring in some new talent. Paulie looked stricken, almost apologetic, as we breezed by the bar. Dan shouted greetings to him as we went by. He appeared like he was about to say something, but then turned his attention to a spot on the bar, wiping at it with a filthy rag. The first hint something was wrong was when I discovered that the door to the back room was already unlocked. That wasn’t right. Paulie insisted that we keep it shut up tight when we weren’t there. Worse, there was a gentleman waiting for us in a three piece suit. For a moment, I thought it was the same man who appeared six and a half months ago and made me the offer that started the MWA. It soon became clear that this unsmiling man wasn’t. He rose, reaching into a briefcase. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I am looking for Izaak Tischler, Howard ‘The Rev’ Barris, and John ‘Scapino’ Otte,”[/COLOR] he announced. The Rev, Izaak, and I exchanged uncertain looks and then stepped forward. He nodded curtly and slapped folded pieces of blue paper in our hands. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Thank you, gentlemen. We expect to see you soon.”[/COLOR] He strode out of the back room. I watched him go and then unfolded whatever it was he handed to us. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What’s up, boss?” [/COLOR]Mean Jean asked, peeking over my shoulder. I barely heard him as I read the paper. Izaak bit off a curse and, for once, the Rev didn’t chide him for his language. He probably was in shock. I think I was too. Cold crept up my spine and it felt like my legs were about to fall out from under me. In my hands was a Congressional subpoena, demanding that I attend a hearing by the House Government Reform Committee on drug abuse in professional wrestling as a witness.

[I][SIZE="3"]Do You Swear...?[/SIZE][/I] I paced nervously outside the chamber in the Capitol Building. It had been a while since I had been to Washington, D.C., and at least then it had been as a tourist, not as a potential witness in what was turning into the biggest show trial of the year. After we got slapped with the subpoenas, Izaak, the Rev, and I immediately hit the TV to try and figure out what Congress could possibly want with us. Plenty, it turned out. Two months ago, a young man named Sheldon Mortenson, better known as the backyard wrestler “Extreme Deluxe”, died of an overdose. Apparently Mortenson had injured himself pretty badly at an independent wrestling show and, rather than go to a doctor, decided to take care of the pain himself with some prescription drugs he bought in some alley. When the coroner did an autopsy, she discovered that his body was not only swimming with painkillers but that he had nearly O.D.ed on steroids as well. You would think that the story would have ended there, but things only got messier when it turned out that Mr. Mortenson had been trying to break into the major promotions for the past three years. Once I learned that, I remembered his name. He had bugged me after a few shows to give him a try-out. Well, apparently, some people in the industry, supposedly employees of the SWF and TCW, had told him his look wasn’t good enough, that he was too small and that he had to bulk up. These insiders then suggested that he take the quick route. Again, this probably wouldn’t have been enough to be newsworthy except for one small thing: Mortenson’s grandmother was the right honorable Representative Gladys Mortenson, D-Rhode Island, and chairperson of the House Government Reform Committee. Angered at the death of her beloved grandson, Representative Mortenson started rattling her saber about cleaning up the professional wrestling industry. What’s worse, several of her colleagues jumped on the bandwagon and next thing you knew, out went the subpoenas to industry insiders. It had already been a circus. Marcus McKing, a former worker for the SWF, testified that during his tenure with the company back in the ‘80s, he regularly used steroids and painkillers. But rather than be the slamdunk Mortenson hoped for, it kind of fizzled: he also admitted that no one in the company forced him to and, as he correctly pointed out, he hadn’t worked for the SWF in twenty years. A few other retired wrestlers were paraded in front of the committee members, some of whom admitted to steroid or painkiller abuse, but so far, the mainstream press was eviscerating the committee for wasting valuable government resources. That didn’t help me any. It felt like my heart was trying to claw its way up my throat and pop out of my throat. I was the first witness today, soon to be followed by the Rev and Izaak. Apparently Mortenson heard about how Sabbath died and thought there was a connection. What she wanted with me, I have no idea. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Well well well,” [/COLOR]an all-too-familiar voice said behind me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Look what the cat dragged in.”[/COLOR] I tensed. Oh great. Just what I didn’t need before appearing before a government committee. I slowly turned around, my stomach turning to ice as Tommy Cornell smirked at me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So they got you too, huh, kid? What, they think some nobody running little better than a backyard promotion out of a dingy old bar in Minneapolis is going to have the dirt on the big boys? They must really be desperate to bring you in here.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Obviously, or they wouldn’t have subpoenaed both of you,” [/COLOR]another voice chimed in. I couldn’t believe it. How did I get so lucky to be confronted by both Tommy and Richard Eisen on the same day? My former boss at the SWF looked every inch the businessman, wearing an expensively tailored suit, flanked by half a dozen lawyers. I realized that Tommy had three with him as well. Suddenly I wished I had spent some of our war chest on legal representation. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Hello, Mr. Cornell, Mr. Eisen,” [/COLOR]I said, hoping my voice didn’t betray my emotions. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So how are you, Scapino?” [/COLOR]Richard asked with a predatory smile. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Land on your feet okay? Oh, that’s right. You think you’re an owner like us. You must be very good at your act if the government thinks you’re on the same level as us.”[/COLOR] I forced a smile to my face as well. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Maybe they do, maybe they don’t. Then again, I used to work for both of you. Maybe they think I know something about the ‘big boys’ that I’d be willing to share. And, let’s see here, both of your fired me from your promotions for asinine reasons, so you’d better hope that I never saw anybody passing around any illegal drugs or using steroids backstage before, during, or after shows, or else your turns in front of the committee might just get a little more uncomfortable.”[/COLOR] Richard Eisen actually paled. Tommy seemed shaken as well, but he hid it with a sneer as he spun away and marched down the corridor. Richard soon followed. I breathed a sigh of relief. Today might suck, but at least I got a few licks in too.

From ProWrestlingHits.com - [QUOTE][B][SIZE="3"]Government Inquiry Ends; Steroid Scandal Rocks Professional Wrestling Industry[/SIZE][/B] The House Government Reform Committee’s hearings on drug and steroid abuse in professional wrestling ended today with more of a whimper than a bang. Rather than uncover one smoking gun, all the committee unearthed were conflicting accounts, rumors, and hearsay. The most explosive testimony centered around the “Big Two,” SWF and TCW. Former TCW referee and SWF head booker John “Scapino” Otte was called to the stand and grilled for two hours about what he witnessed during his tenure at both promotions. At one point, Chairperson Gladys Mortenson grew impatient when Scapino couldn’t offer any evidence of abuse in either promotion, but Scapino was quick to respond that he was something of an outcast in TCW and too busy in the SWF to keep an eye on what every worker was doing backstage. He claimed that both promotions were quick to punish those who failed drug tests and would always investigate claims of drug abuse. Current wrestler Izaak Tischler, who works for Scapino in the Midwest Wrestling Association, took the stand next. For a painful hour, Chairperson Mortenson forced Tischler to recall the tragic death of his older brother, former SWF wrestler Haim “Sabbath” Tischler, who died in a drunk driving accident several years ago. Apparently Mortenson believed that Sabbath’s death was somehow related to drug abuse. Tischler countered that claim, saying that Sabbath’s firing from the SWF led to depression and alcoholism. By far the most entertaining testimony came from Howard “The Rev” Barris, who apparently took issue with Mortenson’s constant condescension. Insisting that the chairperson refer to him as “Reverend Barris”, the Rev managed to turn most questions against the committee, grilling them instead on why they were allowing one woman who had suffered an admittedly tragic loss to waste government time and resources on a fruitless witch hunt. This was followed up by testimony from the owners of Total Championship Wrestler and the Supreme Wrestling Federation. Both Tommy Cornell and Richard Eisen admitted that professional wrestling did have a spotty record for drug and steroid abuse. Both insisted that their promotions didn’t tolerate such abuse. When threatened with future government oversight, both promised to enforce stricter screening policies and harsher penalties for those caught abusing drugs. Whether or not they can actually follow through on this promise has yet to be seen. In the mainstream media, these hearings became the butt of many jokes, especially on late night talk shows. Most industry insiders are sure that little will change regarding current drug policies. The one undeniable fact is that as a result of these hearings, the wrestling industry has been tainted and it may be a while before it regains some of its credibility to the public at large.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"][I]While We Were Gone:[/I][/SIZE] [B][I]Thursday of Week 4, July 2010[/I][/B] - Apparently Marcus McKing’s stint in front of the cameras in D.C. went to his head. Gil Thomas tried to sign him to a contract with MAW and McKing refused, saying the new MAW was too small. I’m not sure an admitted steroids user should really hold themselves up that high, but that’s just me.

Archived