MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

STEVE GUMBLE vs. [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] (D-) All though Steve Gumble is a decent wrestler, I've never been able to do much with him, so for that I don't particularly like him. Joey however is more talented and is easy to work with, so Joey for the win. [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION[/B] (c) vs. THE TITANS for the MWA Tag Team Championship (E+) Don't like the titans, not cause of Bulldozer though. [B]JUNIOR[/B] vs. FUMIHIRO OTA (E) Trained by Ash Campbell? I thought Junior was good! lol! Anyway, if this is continuing, I think Ash's training will help Junior pick up a win. DES DAVIDS vs. [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON [/B](D+) Every card needs a surprise win, and you've made the champ look strong with that win over Keith. And DWN is talented, we all know that. THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. [B]THE FOUNDATION [/B](D-) With Sam Keith on their side! Come on! SAM PRATT vs. [B]HUGH de ASKE[/B] (c) for the MWA Grand Championship (E+) Sam Pratt never performed for me. And Hugh De Aske rules! [B]ALICIA STRONG[/B] vs. JAY CHORD (D) Don't see another Jay Chord win.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]STEVE GUMBLE[/B] vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP He's been jobbed long enough. Give the guy a break. [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION (c)[/B] vs. THE TITANS for the MWA Tag Team Championship I just don't see the Titans becoming champs at this point. JUNIOR vs. [B]FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] Not yet. It'll be close, but Ota pulls it out. DES DAVIDS vs. [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] With no title on the line, we can't let Des win. There needs to be a reason for the rematch. THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. [B]THE FOUNDATION[/B] Based entirely on the fact that Sam Keith didn't win, I have to give this one to the Foundation. SAM PRATT vs. [B]HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] for the MWA Grand Championship I don't think it's time for Hugh to lose yet. Especially not to Sam. [B]ALICIA STRONG[/B] vs. JAY CHORD Alicia takes this one, leading to one more match.

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to order [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“New Legacy”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] this Sunday, only on Pay-Per-View![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches... [B][I]Steve Gumble vs. Joey Beauchamp - [/I][/B]Will Steve Gumble be able to snap out of his recent losing streak? Or will Joey Beauchamp add a humiliating loss to his already depressing total? [B][I]The Latin Connection defends [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR]against the Titans -[/I][/B] The Titans apparently didn’t get enough of Mainstream Hernandez and Joanne Rodriguez last month. They’re back and itching for a fight. Will Mainstream and J-Ro’s luck hold out? Or will the Titans walk away with tag team gold? [B][I]Junior tries to get revenge against Fumihiro Ota -[/I][/B] Junior has revealed that it was her father who hired Ota to drive her out of the business. But now Ash Campbell has rallied to her side to help her beat Ota. Will that be enough? Or will Ota be able to fulfill his contract? [B][I]Des Davids takes on Davis Wayne Newton -[/I][/B] This one has stirred some controversy in the back, especially since Des refused to defend his MWA Regional Championship. Now Des has even more to prove in this match. Will he beat Davis again? Or will Davis walk away with the win? [B][I]The Foundation tries to take down the Gauge Brothers -[/I][/B] Last month the Gauges defeated the fledgling Foundation. But now Sam Keith is in the mix. Will that be enough for Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker to overcome Greg and Matt? Or will the Gauge brothers humiliate both the Foundation and their father? [B][I]Hugh de Aske defends his [COLOR="red"]MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]against Sam Pratt -[/I][/B] Hugh has proven that while he can defend his title in a fair fight, he’d much rather resort to underhanded tactics. But that hasn’t stopped Sam Pratt from coming after him. Will Hugh retain the title? Or will Sam become the new MWA Grand Champion? [B][I]Alicia Strong and Jay Chord go head to head -[/I][/B] Once again, these second generation superstars will meet in the squared circle to see who can pin who. Jay won last time. Will he win again? Or will Alicia even things up by handing Jay a loss? [CENTER]Be sure to watch [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“New Legacy”[/COLOR][/SIZE] to find out![/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[CENTER]The MWA presents... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“New Legacy”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Sunday of Week 3, September 20[/I]12 Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid South Territory 4,750 in attendance; Buy-rate of 0.25[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone to the show. 1) After the pyro died down, we introduced a video package that reminded everyone of Steve Gumble’s rather unfortunate recent losing streak. Lots of footage of him taking finishing moves and getting pinned. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 2) Backstage, Steve Gumble was watching the video and he was not happy. He kicked his bag and then stalked out of the locker room, heading for the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 3) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Steve had a fire lit under him, presumably by the opening video. He really took the fight to Joey, who seemed a bit surprised by Steve’s vehemence. There were a few times when Joey had to roll out of the ring to slow down the match. He obviously wasn’t happy about Steve’s newfound aggression. They traded blows and tried to one-up each other on flashy moves. Finally, Steve managed to get Joey down and immediately went for the pin. Joey kicked out. Steve tried again, only to have Joey kick out again. The frustration was beginning to show on Steve’s face as he dragged Joey out into the ring and then clambered to the top of the turnbuckles. He went for a frogsplash, only to have Joey roll out of the way. Steve slammed into the mat hard and Joey was on top of him, rolling him up and holding him down with a handful of tights. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 13:29 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Backstage, Casey Valentine was trying to pick up some of the girls who were hanging around. None of them would give him the time of day. Casey pitched a little bit of a fit, demanding that they show him some respect. Someone started laughing at him. He turned around and found himself face to face with Remmy Skye. Remmy told Casey that he was too stressed, that he had to just chill out and let things come to him. Casey mocked this idea, saying that based on Remmy’s career so far, that wasn’t a good way to do things. Remmy didn’t seem too upset by that and said he’d prove it. He challenged Casey to a match on the next Firestorm, which Casey readily snapped up. Remmy then raised an eyebrow at the girls Casey was trying to pick up. They squealed with delight and rushed into Remmy’s arms. One of them even kissed Remmy passionately. Remmy wandered off, smirking at Casey, who was left grumbling about how southern girls have no taste. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION (c) vs. THE TITANS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A decent match to let people catch their breaths. Bulldozer and Primus were on a rampage but J-Ro and Mainstream managed to keep one step ahead of them the whole way. In the end, J-Ro took down Primus with a J-Rocker. WINNERS: [B]The Latin Connection [/B]in 16:52 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Sam Pratt was on the mic, saying that he knew he was in for a hard fight tonight, but he was ready. He had been conditioning himself mentally and physically for the past couple of days and felt he was at the peak of his prime. He would show Hugh what a real fight was like and emerge with the Grand Championship belt around his waist. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] D[/COLOR] 7) In another area of the backstage, Fumihiro Ota was on a cell phone, apparently talking to Junior’s dad. He was pretty upset about Ash Campbell’s recent interference and said that he wasn’t sure if he could finish the job the way his employer wanted. While we couldn’t hear what Junior’s dad had to say, from what we could hear, it sounded as if “Daddy” had hired some extra help, someone who would make all the difference tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 8) Des Davids was walking backstage towards the ring, ignoring some of the sharp glares he was getting from the backstage workers. But before he could make it through the entrance, Davis Wayne Newton attacked him from behind. He savagely beat him for a few minutes before he dragged him out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Davis dominated the opening minutes of what turned into a spectacular match. Des was seemingly in a lot of trouble, floundering to find some way of defending himself. Davis capitalized, knocking Des around the ring until he tried to get a pin. Des somehow managed to kick out not once, but twice, and then suddenly came back to life, taking the fight to Davis. The two of them brawled, occasionally taking it out of the ring (where Des suffered the worse for it as Davis slammed him into the steps and the ringposts). Both men scored near falls, both men looked like true stars in the ring. In the end, though, Des went for a spear, only to have Davis dodge out of the way. Des slammed shoulder first into the post. When he stumbled back into the ring, Des caught him with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 14:15 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Davis celebrated the win, but the Rev said he could see some frustration in Davis’s eyes. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And can you blame him?” [/COLOR]the Rev asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “If this had been a title defense, Davis would have been the new Regional Champion!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 11) In the locker room, Junior was stretching out, her face serene. Ash was watching from a corner with a proud smile on his face. He helped her up and said that he knew she was ready to take on Fumihiro. After a few more words of encouragement, he led her out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 12) [B]JUNIOR vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Ash’s lessons really have made a difference,” [/COLOR]the Rev commented as the match got started. Even though Fumihiro got into Junior’s face and apparently shouted some insults at Junior, she didn’t react. She instead stayed calm and focused on the fight. There were a few times when the old rage started to peek through her otherwise calm exterior, but for the most part, she remained impassive, even after the first time Ota got a near fall. She simply fought back and within fifteen seconds nearly had Ota pinned as well. The match continued like that: Ota would try to get Junior to lose her cool, but Junior refused. As the match went on, it even appeared as if Ota was beginning to worry (hard to say for sure thanks to the ninja mask). His attacks grew more and more desperate and Junior was able to really step up her game. But then Junior started to set Ota up for a big finish. She peppered him with kicks and quick jabs, stunning him. She then threw herself against the ropes for more momentum ... ... and that’s when Ash tripped her up from outside the ring. Junior slammed face-first into the mat and then got to her feet. She stared at Ash in surprise. Ash stared back impassively. That momentary distraction was all that Ota needed. He grabbed Junior from behind, spun her around, and nearly took her head off with a Ninja Strike. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 18:37 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) Ota gave Ash an unsure look, but he smiled broadly and climbed into the ring, offering him his hand. Ota looked at it for a second, but then his eyes lit up and he shook hands with Ash. The two of them then set their boots to Junior, kicking her repeatedly before Shane Stones was able to get them away from her. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 14) Jay Chord appeared on screen. He said that it was only appropriate that he was taking on Alicia Strong at a show called “New Legacy.” He pointed out that he was building a great legacy for himself, making a name for himself as a tough competitor. But Alicia? She had nothing to brag about. So she won a few matches. So she held the Grand Championship. So what. All she had done was ride her father’s coattails to undeserved glory. He pointed out that she had to get her start in the MWA even though “Daddy” owned a promotion out west. The fact that Sam Strong didn’t feel his daughter fit in with the circus freaks he had hired should tell us all something. But he wasn’t done yet. He left Alicia behind and went on to mock Sam Strong, saying that the fact that Sam had to hang out with circus freaks at all showed how badly he botched things. Jay pointed out that his father had done something with his legacy, first founding MAW, and then returning to the SWF to work behind the scenes, making the SWF something that people enjoyed watching. He pointed out that the SWF’s decline coincided with his father’s death, something that Jay didn’t see as a coincidence. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know that old saying, ‘The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree?’ That’s true when it comes to Alicia and me. I’m a legend in the making, someone that people will be talking about fifty, sixty, seventy years from now. And Alicia? After her biological clock rings, she’ll have nothing but broken dreams and regrets, just like her old man.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 15) Backstage, Sam Keith paced in front of Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker. He said that they had shown their fire earlier this week by beating the Latin Connection. He said that they’d have to go back and take away their titles at some future point. But for now, they had to focus on the Gauge brothers. He said his sons had to learn respect and it was time for them to get that lesson beaten into them. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 16) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. THE FOUNDATION[/B] Jean and Parker apparently took Sam’s words to heart. They charged into the ring and looked like they were ready to tear the ring down with their bare hands. They were able to take firm control of the match early on and worked over both Greg and especially Matt. The Gauges were eventually able to rally, but it didn’t last for very long. Parker managed to hit the Future Shock, dropping Matt. Jean and Parker then spent their time keeping Matt away from Greg, working over Matt’s legs, something the Rev said was a good idea. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“If you don’t have your legs, the Proton Lock’s pretty worthless. Apparently Sam’s let the Foundation in on that open secret.”[/COLOR] Eventually, though, Matt managed to break away and get Greg tagged in. Greg looked to be the star of the match, cleaning house and really taking the fight to everyone. Even when his father hopped up onto the ring apron, Greg took a moment to knock him back down again. Finally, Matt tagged in again and tied Jean up with a Proton Lock. WINNERS: [B]The Gauge Brothers [/B]in 12:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 17) Hugh de Aske appeared on screen and said that no matter what Sam said, no matter how serious he wanted people to take him, people would always see him as a joke, a man who used to dress up with a squid on his head and hopped around like a cartoon that desperately needed Ritalin. He said that sure, he was a little goofy, dressing up like a pirate. But, he said, that was because he was proud of his heritage. He was proud of Charlotte Nefis, one of the most feared privateers on the Caribbean. He showed off an expensive diamond ring that once belonged to his ancestor, revealing that it was a good luck charm he carried with him wherever he went. He showed off Agent 69 as well, saying that he was proud of his “wench,” because she’s proven herself a true ally. He said that Sam’s problem was that he was filled with self-loathing. Rather than deny who he was, he should just be happy with who he is. Maybe he’d be able to find some consolation in that after Hugh beats him and retains his title. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 18) [B]SAM PRATT vs. HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] for[COLOR="Red"] the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Sam really stepped up his game tonight, focusing on speed and agility. It was almost to the point where the Rev said it looked like Sam had tapped his inner-squid, whatever that means. Hugh, on the other hand, seemed to rely on power to shut Sam down. He timed his attacks well, using them to bring Sam’s offense to a screeching halt on more than one occasion. Hugh would then batter Sam around the ring, only to have the challenger slip away before he could be pinned. The momentum see-sawed back and forth between the two men until finally, it looked like Sam was about to take it all. He locked up with Hugh and really took the fight to him. They wound up rolling over Jez, knocking the ref out cold. Sam then hit the Pratt-Buster (formerly known as the Squidbuster), taking Hugh down. He made the pin and got up to what must have been a ten count, but because Jez was out, it didn’t matter. Sam went over and tried to rouse the ref. And that’s when Agent 69 hit the ring. She ducked a quick clothesline attempt by Sam and drop-kicked him in the knee. She then grabbed him and dropped him with a springboard cutter. She then dragged Hugh’s arm over Sam’s chest and quickly roused Jez. The minute Jez stirred, she was out of the ring and hidden. Jez looked a bit confused but crawled over to Hugh and made the count. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 14:33 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 19) Hugh was a bit groggy as he got to his feet, but he quickly caught on when Jez handed him his title belt. He celebrated his win and Agent 69 joined him. He planted a huge kiss on her. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 20) A video played, hyping the history between Alicia Strong and Jay Chord. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 21) Alicia Strong came out to the ring, her face twisted with fury. She got on the mic and said that Jay had a lot of nerve attacking her father the way he did. She said that she was proud of Sam Strong’s career, that her father was proud of his career as well. Alicia pointed out that Jay must be feeling pretty insignificant if he has to tear down two other people to make himself feel better. She promised that his attempts to distract her wouldn’t work. She would humiliate him tonight. She tossed down the mic and beckoned for Jay to come out and join her. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 22) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Once again, we got a strong (no pun intended) performance out of these two. Really a great match. They held nothing back as they locked up, each one trying to finish the other as quickly and as painfully as possible (and, it appeared that they’d settle for the latter if they couldn’t have the former). Jay wound up bleeding even though he seemed firmly in control of most of the match. But he just couldn’t get Alicia pinned. Every time he tried, she managed to get a shoulder up at the last moment. Even after he hit a Super DDT, it did no good. She kicked out at two-and-a-half. That was when Jay lost it. He went out to ringside and retrieved a chair. He tossed it into the middle of the ring and then hauled Alicia up, setting her up for a cradle piledriver, presumably intending to driver her skull first into the chair. Shane Stones repeatedly warned him off, but Jay sneered at him and prepared to fire off the move. Only to have Alicia come to life and fight back. Before Jay knew what was happening, Alicia had managed to flip over onto her feet and then fell back, driving Jay’s back into the mat. Both competitors seemed winded. Shane stared at them in shock but then got the chair out of there and started a ten count. Jay recovered first, wobbling up to his feet. He snared Alicia by the neck and dragged her to her feet, trying to get her set up for another Cradle Piledriver. But he never got her into the move. She wrestled Jay to the ground and quickly tied him up with a Strong Arm Tactic. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 24:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 23) Alicia celebrated her win, laughing so hard she almost started crying. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I think this might be one of the strongest shows we’ve ever done. Certainly it’s the show of the year for us. I think only the original Rip Chord Memorial Show had a better rating. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“New Legacy”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]The Latin Connection (c) defeated the Titans to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Fumihiro Ota defeated Junior [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]The Gauge Brothers defeated the Foundation [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske (c) defeated Sam Pratt to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, September 2012[/I] Held at the Washington State Gymnasium in the North West Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone to the show. 1) Things kicked off with Sam Pratt before the camera. He looked fierce and extremely angry. Not looking at the camera, he said that Hugh de Aske had messed with him for the last time. He said that he tried to make a clean break with his past so he could stop being a laughing stock, but now Hugh and Agent 69 have pushed him too far. He vowed to make Hugh pay, saying that his vengeance could come at any time. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] I had forgotten that these two don’t have good chemistry together. I need to keep better track of that information. At any rate, Steve looked a bit dejected in the ring. He went through the motions and really did his best to bring down Bulldozer, but he didn’t look all that surprised when Bulldozer took hm out with a Backdrop Driver. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 9:32 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) Joey Beauchamp came out to the ring entrance, laughing his head off. He mocked Steve, pointing out that he had lost against Bulldozer already. He said that Gumble might as well just hand in a letter of resignation to me on his way out of the ring since it was obvious that Steve would never amount to anything in the MWA. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 4) Sam Keith was backstage, pacing in front of the Foundation, both of whom were taped up from their match at “New Legacy.” Sam suddenly exploded, railing against Jean and Parker, saying that they were two losers who didn’t deserve his help. He said that it was pathetic that they couldn’t beat his sons, especially since he had given them all they needed to take them down. Jean took exception to that and did some yelling of his own, saying that it was Sam’s fault, not theirs. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Obviously you didn’t tell us everything, you old has-been!” [/COLOR]Jean said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“If you had, we would be celebrating our win, not listening to some hack try to pass the blame off to us.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Has-been? Hack?” [/COLOR]Sam shot back. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Tell you what, let’s see if that’s true. You two against me in the ring later tonight. Then we’ll see what’s what.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) Out to the ring came Ash Campbell and Fumihiro Ota. Ash particularly did not receive a warm welcome from the fans. He sneered at them and told them to shut it. He revealed that an hour before “New Legacy,” Junior’s father had called him and made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. He took the money and he wasn’t sorry for doing so at all. He said maybe that made him a mercenary. He said he knew that the audience would look down on him, but he said that they were all mercenaries in their own ways. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You all have a price and you know it. I’m just the only one willing to admit it.”[/COLOR] Fumihiro agreed with Ash, saying that he had never kept his mercenary tendencies secret. That’s why Junior’s father came to him to get the job done. That’s why Junior was now off licking her wounds somewhere. He and Ash continued to mock and insult Junior. They were cut off by the Latin Connection. The tag champs came out, mics in hand, and berated Ash and Ota for what they did to Junior. They said that they didn’t have anything better to do tonight, so they were going to teach them a lesson they wouldn’t soon forget. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the taunting; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the challenge 6) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE MERCENARIES (Ash Campbell & Fumihiro Ota)[/B] Ash and Ota conferred for a moment or two before Ash went into the ring to face off against Mainstream. It was a decent match, all things considered. Ash and Mainstream took to the air while Ota and J-Ro seemed more content to keep things grounded. But even though it was their first match together, Ash and Ota seemed to have the match well in hand. Ota finally took down J-Ro with a Ninja Strike. WINNERS: [B]The Mercenaries [/B]in 9:47 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Alicia Strong appeared on camera. She announced that Jay Chord still hadn’t shown up for work yet. She taunted him, asking him what the problem was. Could it be that he’s realized how pathetic he really is? Whatever the case, she said she had left him a number of presents backstage should he ever decide to show up. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] Wow. These two did a pretty good job considering how low they are in the fan’s eyes right now. Remmy still had a laid back attitude, even after Casey came close to pinning him twice. That only frustrated Casey more and more as the match wore on. The Rev pointed out that was dangerous, since a frustrated wrestler usually made stupid mistakes. But strangely, that didn’t happen in this case. Much to everyone’s surprise, Casey managed to take Remmy down and got him to tap out with a Boston crab. WINNER: [B]Casey Valentine [/B]in 7:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) Des Davids came out to the ring. He winced as a number of the fans called him a coward and booed him. He got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I deserved that,” [/COLOR]he admitted. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And I deserved to lose this past Sunday. I don’t know what I was thinking, not defending my title. But I’ve seen the light. Only a coward would hide behind technicalities and rules. I don’t want to be that guy. Davis, if you want a rematch, this time with the title on the line, I’ll give it to you.”[/COLOR] Davis came out and laughed at Des. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Why would I want that? Oh, sure, it would have been nice to get the MWA Regional Championship, but I’ve got my sites on bigger things right now. See, I was offered a non-title match against Hugh de Aske tonight. I’m thinking if I can go toe-to-toe with Hugh, win or lose, that might put me in the main event picture. So why should I waste my time on you?”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response 10)[B] SAM KEITH vs. THE FOUNDATION [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a handicap match[/COLOR] It seems that no one can get it out of first gear tonight. Weird. The Foundation did their best to take down Sam fast and hard, but the wily veteran managed to keep one step ahead of his proteges. I even commented that it was like Sam was reading their minds, often ducking their assaults before they could even get there. Finally, Sam tossed Parker out of the ring and then slapped the Proton Lock on Mean Jean, causing him to tap out. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 9:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) Jay Chord finally arrived at the arena ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’m going to have to have a talk with him about that,”[/COLOR] I commented) looking sullen. That expression melted into one of fury. The camera swung around to see what he saw. Someone (most likely Alicia) had taken a picture of her pinning him and blown it up into a poster and then taped it to the arena door. Jay snarled and tore it down, shredding it quickly. He opened the door and stepped inside. His eyes grew wide. Once again, the camera swung around to reveal the hall. Hundreds of posters lined the walls. With a scream of impotent rage, Jay charged down the hall, ripping down as many posters as he could. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) [B]HUGH de ASKE vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] This was an okay match, but I was hoping for a little more out of these two. At any rate, Davis appeared to be hungry whereas Hugh just looked scared. He kept glancing over his shoulder and often seemed ready to leap out of his skin. At one point, a fan got up suddenly from ringside and Hugh almost climbed Jez McArthuer with a shriek. The Rev said that Sam’s announcement at the beginning of the show had apparently rattled the Grand Champion. Davis was able to capitalize. While Hugh put up a spirited defense, Davis simply blew past it, finally ending the match with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 11:34 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] D+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Oh, ouch. This one is going to be a good paradox. We probably lost popularity in the States but gained it in Canada. The show got a rating of 1.73. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith (c) defeated Steve Gumble to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]The Mercenaries defeated the Latin Connection [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Casey Valentine defeated Remmy Skye [/I]-[COLOR="blue"] D+[/COLOR] [I]Sam Keith defeated the Foundation in [COLOR="Purple"]a handicap match[/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Tuesday of Week 1, October 2012[/I] Held at the Arkansas Coliseum in the South East Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic appeared on the screen, announcing that tonight’s main event would be Alicia Strong taking on Davis Wayne Newton. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) Steve Gumble was in the ring. He said that he was sick and tired of the mockery and the whispered insults. Tonight he was going to change his luck by taking on anybody in the back and beating them 1-2-3. I wondered how much of that was positive thinking and how much was sheer stupidity. Much to Steve’s horror, it was Sam Keith who came out and accepted the challenge, saying that he was looking for a nice warm-up match before he took care of some business. Steve looked like he was ready to bolt as Sam made his way down the ramp. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the open challenge and the response 3) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. SAM KEITH[/B] Steve launched himself at Sam the minute the veteran stepped through the ropes. The Rev said that was good strategy. If Steve had somehow managed to unbalance Sam, he might just be able to take him down and get him pinned. It seemed to work. Sam didn’t seem all that ready for the match to get started that quickly and Steve was able to capitalize, taking the fight to Sam as hard as he could. Eventually, though, Steve wound up tripping over his own feet and Sam then took over, battering the younger man around the ring before finally getting him to tap with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 9:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 4) Sam kicked Steve while he was down and then got a mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Okay, play time’s over. Now to business. Greg, Matt, as much as it pains me to admit it, you two have really caused me a headache. But no more. This is what we’re going to do: you find two friends. We’ll find one. And then, at ‘Straight to the Top,’ we’ll finish this once and for all.”[/COLOR] The Gauge Brothers came out and said that they would love to humiliate the Foundation again. They’d be there with bells on. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the response 5) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Bulldozer looked ready to snort fire as he got into the ring. Remmy, oddly enough, didn’t seem at all concerned. He just regarded the Rising Star with a lazy smile and casually hopped forward when the bell rang. It was a pretty good match. Bulldozer grew more and more frustrated as the match went on. He couldn’t get a rise out of Remmy no matter what he did; even after pinning him twice, Remmy’s feathers didn’t get ruffled. The Rev laughed at that, commenting that if things kept going this way, Bulldozer could lose his title. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And that might not even get a reaction out of Remmy,” [/COLOR]he added. But then things went south for Remmy. Bulldozer shoved him neck-first into one of the ropes, choking him. Jez ordered him to back off and Bulldozer kept strangling his opponent up to five. The minute he broke the hold, though, he was right back on Remmy, choking him again. This time he didn’t break the hold fast enough and Jez got into his face, lecturing him on respect while Remmy gasped for air, draped over the rope. That’s when Casey Valentine charged out to the ring. Before Remmy could react, Casey had snared his head and dropped him onto the ropes. Remmy ricocheted off and collapsed to the mat. Bulldozer quickly snared him and drove him into the mat with a Backdrop Driver. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 8:43 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Joey Beauchamp appeared on screen backstage. He said that enough was enough, he couldn’t stand watching Steve Gumble humiliate himself so badly week after week. He was finally going to give Steve some practical advice. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“See, what you do is this: the minute the bell rings, assume this position...” [/COLOR]Joey then lay down on the floor, his arms crossed over his chest. He peeked up at the camera. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Just lay there until your opponent covers you. Sure, you’ll lose, but you won’t look so bloody stupid fighting back.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Sam Pratt was out in the ring in a full boil. He said that the time had come to deal with Hugh de Aske, to teach him a lesson. And he’d do that in a match tonight ... against Agent 69. Oh, but not just any match. Sam said he was giving Agent 69 a golden opportunity. He held up a contract, saying that if she would face him tonight, it would be a career match. If she beat him, he would willingly leave the MWA and never return. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Think about it, 69. What a present you could give to your man! You could make sure that he never has to deal with me again. What do you say?”[/COLOR] Agent 69 came out and cautiously approached Sam. She asked him if it was for real. He nodded, holding the contract out to her. She eyed him warily and then signed. Sam smirked and took the contract back. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) [B]SAM PRATT vs. AGENT 69 [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a career match[/COLOR] Sam was off his game tonight and it showed. That’s unfortunate, too, since it made the match a little unbelievable. At any rate, Sam and 69 locked up and she tried to go for a quick pin. Sam rolled through and went for a pin of his own. And so it went. Neither one of them could claim a real advantage for most of the match. But when 69 went for the springboard cutter, Sam somehow reversed it into a Pratt Buster. WINNER: [B]Sam Pratt [/B]in 11:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) Sam stood over Agent 69's fallen body and started laughing. He retrieved the contract and held it up for the audience to see. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Here’s the thing, 69. You should really read your contracts before you sign them. See, the stipulation wasn’t just that if I lost, I’d leave the MWA forever. It was that whoever lost the match would have to leave the MWA forever. That’s right, sweetheart, you just got yourself fired.”[/COLOR] He then looked into the camera. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So what are you going to do now, Hugh? You’ve lost your wench? What will you do without a sexy sidekick at your side?”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) The Latin Connection came out to the ring. Joanne didn’t seem too happy as Mainstream challenged the Mercenaries to a rematch, saying that they’d even put the tag titles on the line tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 11) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION (c) vs. THE MERCENARIES [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Ash and Fumihiro seemed very confident as they came out to the ring. That only made J-Ro more nervous. Mainstream kept reassuring her as the match got under way. Once again, Ash and Fumihiro looked ready to roll over Mainstream and Joanne. The tag champs were able to keep up with them but barely. Ash looked ready to set up J-Ro for the Ash 2 Ash ... ... and that’s when all hell broke loose. Junior charged out of the back and attacked Fumihiro, dragging him off of his perch and tossing him face-first into the ring steps. The confusion was all that J-Ro needed to get Mainstream into the ring. Before Ash knew what was happening, Mainstream had dropped him and hit the Apparition #14. Referee Shane Stones looked a bit confused but quickly counted Ash out. WINNERS: [B]The Latin Connection [/B]in 10:53 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring and spent a few moments mocking Des Davids. He said that Des had been inundating him with match requests, promising the Regional Championship, promising all sorts of incentives to get what he wanted. Davis said there was no way he was going to face Des Davids in the ring again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 13) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Davis was extremely confident going into this match. That proved to be his undoing. Alicia simply was ready for him at every step. Davis would go for big, powerful moves and Alicia wouldn’t be there. He would try to get her down and into a submission hold and she would easily wiggle free. The few times he came close to pinning her, she would kick out. The frustration started to build and build, finally culminating as Alicia managed to turn a botched Fisherman’s Suplex into a face plant, then the Strong Arm Tactic. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 14:10 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) Davis didn’t look too happy and it only got worse. Des Davids charged out of the crowd and speared him as he got up after the match. Des then snared Davis and dragged him out of the ring. Alicia watched with wide eyes, then shrugged and started to get out of the ring. Only to freeze as Jay Chord’s entrance music hit. Jay came out at a full boil. He looked ready to charge the ring but he didn’t. Instead, he stood at the ring entrance and fumed. Finally, he spoke. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So I guess you got me good. Doesn’t prove a thing, Strong. I’ve beaten you more times than I can count. But I guess we’d better settle this once and for all. Here’s what I’m thinking. You, me, ‘Straight to the Top,’ steel cell match. Whaddya say?”[/COLOR] Alicia smirked at him and got a mic of her own. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You’re on.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the response [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] That last match really saved the show. We got a rating of 2.02. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Sam Keith defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith (c) defeated Remmy Skye to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Sam Pratt defeated Agent 69 in [COLOR="Purple"]a career vs. career match [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]The Latin Connection (c) defeated the Mercenaries to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, October 2012[/I] Held at Perry Hall in the Great Lakes Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) In a video shot earlier today, Sam Pratt arrived at the arena only to get jumped in the parking lot by Hugh de Aske. Hugh slammed Sam into a car door and kicked and punched him, screaming all sorts of pirate curses about Sam getting Agent 69 fired. But what was really odd was Sam’s reaction. After security pulled Hugh off, Sam started giggling in an unhinged sort of way. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 2) [B]JOEY POISON vs. STEVE GUMBLE[/B] This was so sad it was almost tragic. Joey actually seemed apologetic every time he got a leg up on Steve. At one point, he pinned Steve and after the latter kicked out, he bowed and looked about ready to cry. That didn’t help Steve’s mood at all. He actually smacked Joey for apologizing. The truly sad thing was, Joey didn’t fight back. He actually apologized again. Steve really tried his best to step up his game but in the end, Joey took him down with an Antidote Web. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 10:53 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) Casey Valentine came out to the ring and got on the mic. He announced that he had just heard the news about one of the matches at “Straight to the Top.” Apparently Remmy Skye somehow finagled a title shot against Bulldozer Brandon Smith. Casey said he was stunned. He actually looked more livid than stunned. But, he said, he was a fair guy. That’s why he got a warm-up match for Remmy: tonight, Remmy would warm up by taking on Sam Keith! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 4) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. SAM KEITH[/B] Sam came out first. Remmy followed. He only seemed mildly concerned, studying the ring for a few moments before finally shrugging and heading down the ramp. Remmy put up a good fight but it was clear from the outset that he was overmatched. Sam simply overpowered him and finally grounded him, getting him down and into the Proton Lock. The crazy thing is, Remmy didn’t seem all that upset about losing. After Sam released the Lock, Remmy bounced up and shrugged, nodding sagely. He offered his hand to Sam, but Sam shoved him over the top rope by his face and looked disgusted. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 7:17 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Backstage the Gauges were watching the match on a monitor and shaking their heads. They turned around to reveal that they were watching with Thomas Morgan and Citizen X. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“See what we’re talking about?” [/COLOR]Greg asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “We need your help. Dad thinks he’s bigger than all of us. We need to show him, Parker, and Cattley that they can’t shove us around.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So are you in?”[/COLOR] Matt added. X and Thomas exchanged glances and then nodded. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) Junior came out to the ring in a furor. She said she was grateful to Ash for all of his lessons, especially the last one he taught her, namely not to trust anyone. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Lesson learned, sensei. Now it’s time for the student to surpass the master. You and me, right now!”[/COLOR] Ash came out, a smooth smile on his face. He said that he hadn’t taught Junior everything he knew and would be more than happy to finish her education. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 7) [B]JUNIOR vs. ASH CAMPBELL[/B] I had thought that Ash had gotten over his lackluster performances. Seems he had a few tucked up a sleeve somewhere. At any rate, Junior seemed more than willing to stalk Ash in the opening minutes. That unnerved Ash and he tried several times to bait her into attacking. She smiled tensely at him, her eyes never leaving his. Ash became more and more uncomfortable as the two of them danced around each other and finally charged in himself ... only to get caught by a thrust kick right into his chin. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I feel like we’re in some sort of weird parallel dimension,” [/COLOR]I finally commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Is this the same spitfire we’ve seen in the ring the past couple of months?” [/COLOR]Junior was the picture of restraint, waiting for Ash to come to her. And she didn’t have to wait that long. Ash seemed to have gone completely unhinged, throwing caution to the wind and wading in swinging. He played right into Junior’s hands, who took him down and finally got him to tap out with a Triangle Choke. When she came up, she smirked at the camera and shouted something in Japanese. The Rev commented, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I don’t speak Japanese, but I bet Fumihiro Ota does.”[/COLOR] WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 12:57 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Backstage, Sam Keith lounged in a chair as Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker looked a little upset. They pointed out that they hadn’t found anyone yet and they weren’t exactly looking forward to a four-on-three handicap match. Sam told them to settle down, that he had someone in mind to help them put his sons in their place. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) A camera outside Hugh de Aske’s locker room catches a glimpse of Sam Pratt sneaking inside. A few seconds later, he sneaks back out, a bag tucked under his arm. He’s still giggling maniacally as he slinks down the hall. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) [B]MATTHEW GAUGE vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Davis is still on a roll. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Maybe he has something to prove after tapping out to Alicia last week,”[/COLOR] I suggested. Whatever the case, he and Matt really tore it up and showed why they are the future of the wrestling business. Davis seemed perfectly content to work a technical match with Matt in the early going. Both men pulled out a series of holds and locks, slipping from one to another in the blink of an eye. But then Matt stepped things up, going for power. And Davis, the true Triple Threat, kept up with him move for move, even tossing in some high impact, high flying moves to throw Matt off his game. In the end, Davis’s strategy worked, and he wound up getting Matt down and tapping with an STF. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 10:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) As Davis celebrated his win, the big screen lit up with Des Davids. He was standing in the parking lot next to an expensive looking sports car. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hey, Davis, I see you’ve invested some of your salary in a nice set of wheels. Looks like you’re getting everything you ever wanted. And me, I’m stuck begging for what I want. So this is what we’re going to do: I’m going to ‘pimp your ride,’ MWA-style, until you agree to a title match against me at ‘Straight to the Top.’”[/COLOR] The camera pulled back to reveal that Des had a sledgehammer in his hands which he used to bash in the headlights and the windows of the car. Davis looked positively sick and finally raced out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) Alicia Strong came out to the ring. She addressed the internet fans who apparently don’t think she can beat Jay Chord, not in a steel cell. She said they were predicting she wouldn’t give it her all because she wouldn’t want to mess up her face or something. She scoffed at the idea, asking when she had ever held back in a match. She said that Jay was going down and hurting while she was going straight to the top. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 13) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] I think we may have hit a sweet spot with this show. An excellent match to cap off what turned out to be a great show. Joey and Alicia really tore it up. Joey seemed to rely on fast paced, high-flying moves while Alicia remained on the mat and tried to keep Joey grounded as well. The fans ate it up as they traded blows and holds, first Joey getting a near fall and then Alicia. Finally, as Joey went for a massive frogsplash, Alicia leapt into the air and wrapped herself around him, slamming him into the mat as she got him into the Strong Arm Tactic. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 12:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] The final two matches seem to have balanced out the other three. We got a rating of 2.10. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Joey Poison defeated Steve Gumble[/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Sam Keith defeated Remmy Skye [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Ash Campbell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Matthew Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, October 2012[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Straight to the Top”[/COLOR]) Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) The show started backstage with Casey Valentine pacing the halls, muttering under his breath about Remmy Skye. He turned to continue his rambling but came face to face with Bulldozer Brandon Smith. Bulldozer demanded to know why Casey set up that “warm up” match for Remmy Skye last week. Casey gulped and stammered out an explanation, saying that he was just trying to help. He said he wanted Bulldozer to destroy Remmy Skye this Sunday. Bulldozer said he would destroy Remmy but he didn’t need anyone’s help to do so. He then suggested that if Casey wanted to stick his nose into the Rising Star Title hunt, he should meet Bulldozer out in the ring right now. Casey asked what would happen if he refused. Bulldozer pointed over Casey’s shoulder to reveal that Primus Allen was staring down at him. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) [B]CASEY VALENTINE vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Bulldozer made short work of Casey, slamming him around the ring. I don’t think it helped that Primus was at ringside glaring at Casey. After a short match, Bulldozer dropped Casey with a Backdrop Driver. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 6:23 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) Junior appeared on screen and told Fumihiro Ota that she had just got off the phone with the booking committee. They agreed to give her a final match against Fumihiro. She promised him that she would destroy him, sending a clear message to her father back in Japan to leave her alone. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE FOUNDATION[/B] I explained that Sam had insisted on this match to give his boys a little bit of a warm-up. I’m not sure he would be too happy with what happened. Mean Jean and Parker did their best, they really did. It’s just that the tag champs showed decisively why they still hold the straps. Mainstream finished off Jean with an Apparition #14. WINNERS: [B]The Latin Connection [/B]in 7:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5) Apparently Jean and Parker knew that they were in trouble and decided to make up for it by attacking Mainstream and J-Ro from behind. They stomped them to the ground and looked about ready to pull out some bigger weapons to injure them when the Gauges charged in to the rescue. The Foundation quickly got out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) Joey Beauchamp came out to the ring, dressed up as Steve Gumble. He then did a pretty decent Steve Gumble impersonation, moping around the ring and complaining about how no one liked him, how big a loser he was, and how he would never amount to anything ever again. Apparently the real Steve Gumble had seen enough. He charged out of the crowd and leveled Joey with a chair. He then got a mic and leaned over Joey, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That tears it! You think it’s so funny, smart guy, I’ll give you a reason to laugh. You and me at ‘Straight to the Top!’ We’ll see who’s laughing then!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the taunting; [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] for the challenge 7) [B]SAM PRATT vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] Sam still had a strange little smirk on his face. Ota, for his part, seemed awfully upset. He kept glancing toward the ring entrance and kept scanning the crowd as if he expected an attack. The Rev commented that since he was facing Junior, that was probably wise. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Although since she’s learned some restraint, it wouldn’t surprise me if she leaves him alone.”[/COLOR] That’s pretty much what she did. The attack never came but Ota wound up paying for his nervousness. Pratt finally dropped him with a Pratt-Buster. WINNER: [B]Sam Pratt [/B]in 8:56 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) Pratt then went to get a mic, but before he could say a word, Hugh de Aske’s entrance music cut him off. Hugh came out to the entrance, absolutely livid. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Two weeks ago, you got me friend fired. Last week, ye raided my locker and stole me most treasured possession, the diamond pendant of me great-great-great-great-grandmother, Charlotte Nefis. Let me guess. Ye hoped to strip me of all I cared for, upset me, get me off-balance, and then you’d swoop in and steal my Grand Championship, yes? “I got news for ye, Samual Pratt, it won’t work. So Agent 69 has walked the plank? I bet there be hundreds of women here who’d take her place. So you stole my good luck charm? Great-Grandmama Charlotte nicked dozens more like it. I got a whole trunk full. You want a shot at this title? You got it, mate. See you Sunday.”[/COLOR] Hugh tossed the mic into the floor and started for the ring for his match. Sam Pratt looked like he was thinking of staying in there but quickly got out of the way, a worried look on his face. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 9) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] Hugh backed up his words with actions in this match. Greg looked dangerous as well. They knocked each other around the ring, Greg trying to get Hugh tied up in the Proton Lock and Hugh going after the Skull and Cross Bones numerous times. Hugh finally pulled ahead and nailed the Cut Throat Driver for the win. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 8:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Davis Wayne Newton appeared on screen to say that he was sick of Des David’s whining. He was sick of his attitude. He was sick of him period. He said that he would take Des’s pathetic challenge, not to claim the MWA Regional Championship, but to break Des and end him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) Jay Chord came out to the ring and spoke of Alicia Strong. He said that he never doubted her courage as a competitor. He just doubted her skill. Still does. He said that she’s never experienced the raw horror of a steel cell before. He said few people have gone into one and come out unscathed. He predicted that when he was done with her on Sunday, she’d wish that she never came to the MWA. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Des looked very intense. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Maybe he feels he needs to prove something tonight as well,”[/COLOR] the Rev commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I mean, he did wuss out last month and not defend his title. And then last week, he took out his frustration on Davis Wayne Newton’s car. If I were Des Davids, I’d want a solid win going into ‘Straight to the Top,’ if for no other reason than to prove that I can win.”[/COLOR] Des certainly put everything he had into it. But, as I was quick to point out, Jay was just as hungry for a win, especially since Alicia won last week. They put together a great match, each one trying to one-up the other. Finally, though, Jay took Des down with a Super DDT. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 15:08 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) Des got up off the mat and looked pissed, almost like he was going to jump Jay from behind. Before he could move, though, Davis Wayne Newton hit the ring and attacked Des from behind. Jay watched for a moment or two before he joined the fray, Davis and he double-teaming Des. That’s when Alicia charged in and joined the mix. She was quickly followed by Sam Keith, Joey Beauchamp, and both Gauge Brothers. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know, we might as well bill this as a battle royal and just start selling tickets early!” [/COLOR]the Rev commented as all eight competitors attacked each other. That was the final thing the fans saw before the show faded out. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] Before the show went completely off the air, the Rev and I ran through the card for “Straight to the Top” -- [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP [/B]([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c) for the [COLOR="Red"]MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR]) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS, CITIZEN X & THOMAS MORGAN vs. THE FOUNDATION [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) [B]JUNIOR vs. FUMIHIRO OTA [/B]([COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR]) [B]DES DAVIDS (c) vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) [B]SAM PRATT vs. HUGH de ASKE (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD in a steel cell match [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not as strong of a go-home show as I hoped. We got a rating of 2.09. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith (c) defeated Casey Valentine to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]The Latin Connection (c) defeated the Foundation to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Sam Pratt defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Greg Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, comments and predictions and whatever are welcome.

STEVE GUMBLE vs. [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] REMMY SKYE vs. [B]BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for the MWA Rising Star Title [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS, CITIZEN X & THOMAS MORGAN[/B] vs. THE FOUNDATION JUNIOR vs. [B]FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] [B]DES DAVIDS (c)[/B] vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON for the MWA Regional Championship SAM PRATT vs. [B]HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] for the MWA Grand Championship ALICIA STRONG vs. [B]JAY CHORD [/B]in a steel cell match

STEVE GUMBLE vs. [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] REMMY SKYE vs. [B]BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for the MWA Rising Star Title THE GAUGE BROTHERS, CITIZEN X & THOMAS MORGAN vs. [B]THE FOUNDATION[/B] [B]JUNIOR[/B] vs. FUMIHIRO OTA DES DAVIDS (c) vs. [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship SAM PRATT vs. [B]HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] for the MWA Grand Championship ALICIA STRONG vs. [B]JAY CHORD[/B] in a steel cell match - I'm going to go with Jay, just.

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to order [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Straight to the Top”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] this Sunday, exclusively on Pay-Per-View![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches... [B][I]Steve Gumble tries to break his losing streak by beating Joey Beauchamp -[/I][/B] Steve Gumble has the worst record in the MWA at 2-14. He’s lost the last eleven matches he’s been involved in. He’s desperate to break this losing streak and he’s picked Joey Beauchamp to be his test since the latter has taken particular pleasure tormenting him. Can Steve finally win one? Or will he be humiliated yet again? [B][I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith defends [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR]against Remmy Skye -[/I][/B] Will the charismatic Skye capture his first title in the MWA? Or will Bulldozer roll over the competition? [B][I]The Foundation clashes with the Gauge Brothers, Citizen X, and Thomas Morgan -[/I][/B] Sam Keith has tried to rally Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker to make them winners. Sadly, he hasn’t been too successful. Will he finally rally the troops well enough to defeat his sons and their allies? Or will Matt, Greg, X, and Thomas destroy the Foundation completely? [B][I]Junior seeks revenge against Fumihiro Ota -[/I][/B] Ota has been after Junior on behalf of her father for months now. Junior has already taken out Ash Campbell. Will she succeed now that she’s going after Ota? Or will the ninja take her down again? [B][I]Davis Wayne Newton tries to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]from Des Davids -[/I][/B] Des has something to prove after losing a non-title match against Davis last month. It took a lot of effort but he finally angered Davis enough to get his rematch. Will Des redeem himself? Or will Davis complete the humiliation by removing Des’s title? [B][I]Hugh de Aske takes on Sam Pratt with [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]in the balance -[/I][/B] Sam has done his best to annoy the champ and now he’s gotten his wish: he gets one last shot at the MWA Grand Championship. Does he have what it takes to sink Hugh’s title reign? Or will the pirate sail away with yet another victory? [B][I]Alicia Strong goes head-to-head with Jay Chord in [COLOR="Purple"]a steel cell [/COLOR]-[/I][/B] It has come to this: two second generation legends-in-the-making clashing in a steel cell, a brutal, uncompromising structure that guarantees pain. Who will emerge from this crucible victorious? [CENTER][SIZE="3"]Order [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Straight to the Top”[/COLOR] to find out![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

I don't normally contribute to the predictions but I've enjoyed this diary. Other than the jarring juxtapostion of MWA and MAW this has been one of the more entertaining diaries on these boards. Oh... and I feel that you have too many belts in the MWA, but that's just a personal preference thing. [b]STEVE GUMBLE[/b] vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP - call it the Chris Candito/Barry Horowitz of the C-Verse. It's a hunch. [b]REMMY SKYE[/b] vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c) for the MWA Rising Star Title - unruffled and seemingly lackadisical Remmy Skye wins this through frustrating the bulldozer to no end. And it frees Smith up for bigger things. THE GAUGE BROTHERS, CITIZEN X & THOMAS MORGAN vs. [b]THE FOUNDATION[/B] - there is more story to be told between Pops and his boys. Sam schools 'em at least once more. Likely to culminate in him bringing in one of his old hardline buddies to give the Guages the rub. PLUS since Citizen X is all about the anarchy... what's he doing teaming with two second generation wrestlers? Odd! JUNIOR vs. FUMIHIRO OTA -no winner since I hate the Junior Storyline. Naming a Japanese woman junior? That's just insulting. Might as well team her up with someone called Zero. DES DAVIDS (c) vs. [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship - This could go one of two ways, so I'm voting with my head here. Mostly it focuses on the outcome of the next match. If Pratt wins then DWN would be a good challenger, if not, then Davids can be a momentary opponent for de Aske. I'm going to go with DWN because otherwise I'd have all the titles changing hands on this card, something Scap's been loathe to do in the past. So Newton... somehow. SAM PRATT vs. [B]HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] for the MWA Grand Championship - I'm digging the Pirate but he needs another buxom wench. Which I think will show up at the PPV and help him once again. Pratt's been showing some heelish tendencies (such as suckering 69 out of the federation... something I'll NEVER forgive him for or 'stealing' some jewelry.) So I'm gonna go with de Aske. [b]ALICIA STRONG[/b] vs. JAY CHORD in a steel cell match - another heart/head debate. Heart says Chord (since I just don't mark for a non-Muffin Strong) but head says Alicia. She can feud with de Aske, Jay might be about ready to make a jump to the big(ger) leagues - if any still exist. But the Pirate vs. a buxom wench rival... that's some good grist for the storymill.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Straight to the Top”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Sunday of Week 3, October 2012[/I] Held at the Laurent Ballroom in the New England Territory 4,750 in attendance; buy-rate of 0.37[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things kicked off with a video, reminding folks of Steve Gumble’s recent losing streak. Interspersed in clips of Steve getting pinned or tapping out were Joey Beauchamp’s mockery, finally culminating with Steve attacking Joey this past week. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 2) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Joey came out to the ring with a ****y smirk on his face. He leaned lazily in one corner, blowing kisses to the crowd as Steve came out as well. It was clear from the opening lock-up that Joey wasn’t taking Steve seriously as a threat. That proved a bit foolish. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ve never seen Steve this intense before!” [/COLOR]the Rev commented. Steve took Joey by surprise, slipping through a series of holds before finally taking Joey down with a snapmare and getting a quick pin. Joey kicked out, but Steve managed to hold him down for a two count. Gone was the smirk and out came Joey the serious competitor. But even with his renewed focus, Joey found that Steve wasn’t just going to roll over for him. These two put on a great show, finally resorting to some high flying moves that really got the crowd pumped up. Finally, Steve managed to roll Joey into a bow-and-arrow lock, pulling back so hard I commented it looked like Joey was going to break in half. Joey screamed in pain before finally tapping out. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 11:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) Steve appeared to be in shock as the ref raised his hand in victory. He then snapped out of it and did a little dance around the ring, waving to the crowd with a large smile on his face. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) Des Davids appeared on screen and said that he knew he had a lot to prove tonight in his match. He had to redeem his good name and prove that he isn’t a coward, he isn’t stupid, that he deserves to hold championship gold. And he said he was going to do just that. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) The Gauges and their allies appeared on screen. Greg and Matt did most of the talking, telling their dad that he should just end it, pack his bags, and go home. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“We know what you’re doing: you’re worried that we, your kids, are going to eclipse you in the ring. Dad, it’s okay. We get it. But trying to mold Cattley and Parker and whatever other loser you dredged up isn’t going to cut it. Just go home, fire up the DVD, and watch old episodes of Invasion! or Warzone or whatever you’ve got in the library.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 6)[B] REMMY SKYE vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] It’s a shame that Remmy was off his game tonight. I’d be willing to bet that he would have put together a great match with Bulldozer otherwise. It was still fun to watch. The mismatch of styles really helped up the excitement, especially as Remmy used his smaller size and higher speed to his advantage, ducking and weaving around Bulldozer’s power-based offense. In the end, Remmy took Bulldozer down with the Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 11:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Fumihiro Ota appeared on screen. He said that Junior had impressed him. She clearly had a fighter’s spirit and, under other circumstances, he would be honored to face her. But not tonight. No, tonight was a job for her father. He would break her and send her home where she belonged. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 8) Remmy Skye was walking backstage with his newly won title when he ran into Casey Valentine. Casey berated Remmy for his calm demeanor, saying that Remmy had just won his first title in the MWA and should be more excited. Remmy smirked at him and responded with a deliberately lackluster [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Woo hoo.”[/COLOR] Casey said he couldn’t stand it anymore. He said that he would have to do something to get a reaction out of Remmy, and that something would have to be to make Remmy’s title reign the shortest ever. He challenged him to a match at the next Firestorm. Again, Remmy barely reacted, saying that Casey had to do whatever he had to do. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) The Gauges and their partners came out to the ring. A minute later, out came the Foundation. Sam Keith got a mic and said that it was time to reveal their fourth man, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“someone who has been criminally overlooked here in the MWA. He’s been lost in the shuffle for a while now, but no longer. Meet the newest member of the Foundation ... Izaak Tischler!”[/COLOR] Izaak came out and shook hands with the others and then they charged the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS, CITIZEN X, & THOMAS MORGAN vs. THE FOUNDATION[/B] Not too bad of a match. Matthew Gauge shone like a star in the ring, at one point taking on all four members of the Foundation for a full thirty seconds before they overwhelmed him. Much to everyone’s surprise, Izaak Tischler turned out to be the catalyst that the Foundation needed. Things just clicked for them. Sam was able to coordinate their efforts to the point the Gauges and their partners looked a bit slow. Things broke down toward the end as all eight competitors hit the ring to brawl, but when things cleared out, the legal men (Parker and Greg Gauge) were brawling in the middle. Greg went for the Proton Lock, but Parker had it scouted. He slipped through and responded by taking Greg out with the Future Shock. WINNERS: [B]The Foundation [/B]in 14:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 11) The Foundation assembled in the ring and celebrated their win. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) Junior appeared on screen and said that very soon, she would be stepping into the ring with Fumihiro Ota again. She said that she had given it a lot of thought, and she’s decided to dedicate the match to her father. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You don’t think I can make it. You’re worried I’ll get hurt. Tonight, father, I hope to prove to you that I can do this. I will make you proud.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 13) [B]DES DAVIDS (c) vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Des looked intense as he came out to the ring. He didn’t even acknowledge the fans at ringside, instead concentrating on his stretches and warm up routine. Davis came out with a confident smirk. Des took the fight to him before the bell could even ring. He even managed to score a quick pinfall in the first minute, but then Davis rallied and the two of them really went at it. They put on a great match with lots of drama as Des struggled to keep Davis in check. Finally, Davis took Des down with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER:[B] Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 15:57 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 14) A video played, reminding folks of how Fumihiro Ota has been going after Junior on behalf of her father. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 15) [B]JUNIOR vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] Junior was calm as she got into the ring but the Rev said he could see fire burning in her eyes. He suspected that she barely had her rage under control. She managed to keep it in check through most of the match. It was Fumihiro who wound up frustrated through most of it, Junior blocking most of his attacks and battering him around the ring. But then Fumihiro managed to get her down and almost got her pinned by pulling back on her tights, revealing a thong. Junior snapped and went a bit nuts, tackling Fumihiro and almost knocking him unconscious with her repeated punches. Only this time, her rage worked for her. She finished up the assault by slapping Ota into the Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 13:22 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 16) A video played, hyping the problems between Hugh de Aske and Sam Pratt, emphasizing how, in the last month, Pratt has gotten rid of Agent 69 and stolen Hugh’s good luck charm from him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 17) [B]SAM PRATT vs. HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Sam and Hugh put on a great match that left Sam visibly tired. Sam took control of the match early on, tying Hugh up in a headlock and turning it into a bulldog. Sam even managed to get a couple of nearfalls, but Hugh kept kicking out of them. And so it went. Sam did most of the work as Hugh weathered the assault, only expending energy to kick out. Soon the frustration began to build, especially after the fifth pinfall attempt. It especially built after Hugh got up off the mat with a knowing smirk. [COLOR="Blue"]“He’s been toying with Sam the whole time!”[/COLOR] the Rev exclaimed. Sure enough, he was. Hugh took over the match and overwhelmed Sam with his offense, finally taking him down with a Cut Throat Driver. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 16:42 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 18) Backstage, Alicia was getting ready for her match when Junior walked in. Alicia congratulated Junior on her win. Junior brushed that aside and said that she had conquered her demon. Now it was Alicia’s turn to go out and earn respect. She finished up by saying that win or lose, she considered Alicia to be a victorious warrior. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 19) Jay Chord was shown walking toward the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 20) A video played, hyping the feud between Alicia and Jay. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 21) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a steel cell match[/COLOR] The Rev really sold the steel cell as an imposing, unforgiving structure that was designed to tear bodies apart. He said that it was a hundred times worse than a simple cage, a dozen times more lethal than a barbed wire match. He said just sitting near it was making him nervous about his own health. Jay and Alicia didn’t seem to care as the structure was lowered down over them. They only had eyes for each other, glaring at each other the whole time. The minute the bell rang, they went after each other without a moment’s hesitation. It was an epic battle. Sadly, it wasn’t the big explosive ending I was hoping for, but it was still a great match that got the crowd popping at all the right times. Jay got cut open early and his hair was soon slicked back with blood. Alicia didn’t look much better. Both competitors almost got counted out twice but barely managed to stagger back to their feet before the ref could get to ten. In the end, Alicia tried to set Jay up for a massive move off the top turnbuckle. Instead, Jay managed to block it and, much to the horror of the announcers and the delight of the crowd, nearly drove Alicia through the mat with a Super DDT off the top turnbuckle. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 26:09 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Apparently I overused Citizen X, Izaak Tischler, and Remmy Skye. Huh. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Straight to the Top”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Steve Gumble defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Remmy Skye defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]The Foundation defeated the Gauge Brothers, Citizen X, & Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Des Davids (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske (c) defeated Sam Pratt to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Alicia Strong in a steel cell match [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, October 2012[/I] Held at Grissom Auditorium in the South West Territory 2,000 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with Hugh de Aske in the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You’ll notice, mateys, that I still be standin’ after Sam Pratt’s cowardly assaults. I still have the Grand Championship belt in me hands. I guess I’m not as ridiculous as Pratt thought I was. I still was able to get the job done....”[/COLOR] His speech was cut off by Jay Chord’s entrance music. Jay limped out to the ring entrance and waited for the crowd to die down before starting up. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So you beat Pratt. So what? You’re still ridiculous, de Aske. Ask anyone here. And the only reason why you still have that championship belt is because I’ve been busy elsewhere. If I hadn’t been distracted the past couple of months, I would have taken it away from you in a heartbeat.”[/COLOR] Hugh laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s right, you’ve been fighting a lass and losin’ half the time, right?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Maybe I have,” [/COLOR]Jay admitted. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But I finished it this past Sunday. Alicia Strong won’t be a factor in the MWA for quite some time. I made sure of that!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So you be throwin’ yer hat in the ring and wantin’ to take on the pirate then?” “Aye ... I mean, yes. I do.” “Well then come on, me hearty. I ain’t goin’ anywhere.”[/COLOR] The crowd cheered but Jay didn’t go to the ring. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sorry, de Aske. Not tonight.” [/COLOR]The crowd booed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, you may think I’m a chicken or whatever, but I have a legitimate reason. Unlike our champ here, I actually fought so hard this past Sunday that I’m not at a hundred percent. As much as I may want to humiliate de Aske by stripping him of his title tonight, I can’t. My doctors won’t let me. But next week, de Aske. Next week.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 2) Backstage, Remmy Skye arrived in the building with the Rising Star Title draped over one shoulder. He ran into Casey Valentine, who applauded his arrival. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I guess the champ is here!” [/COLOR]Casey crowed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Congratulates, Remmy. You did a phenomenal job.”[/COLOR] Casey stuck out his hand. Remmy eyed it for a moment before smiling lazily and shaking his hand. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I understand you’ve got a match tonight to defend that title,” [/COLOR]Casey said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Good luck. I hope you don’t ruffle your feathers too much.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE GAUGE BROTHERS[/B] This was just a fun sort of exhibition match between these two teams. The Rev commented that the Gauges seemed extra hungry tonight, especially after they lost to the Foundation this past Sunday. As hungry as they were, though, they couldn’t overcome the tag champs. J-Ro put Greg with a J-Rocker. WINNERS: [B]The Latin Connection [/B]in 10:21 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Mainstream and Joanne helped Greg up and then the two teams celebrated what turned out to be a good match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) Backstage Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker were watching the previous match and laughing their heads off about what happened to the Gauges. The door to their locker room opened and Izaak Tischler walked in. Jean and Parker greeted Izaak and thanked him for his help this past Sunday. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Where else would I go?” [/COLOR]Izaak asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I mean, I’ve been in the MWA since the beginning, just like you two. It’s good to put the Gauges and their buds in their places. “But now we need to look to the future and really re-evaluate what we stand for. If we are the Foundation, shouldn’t we just have people in our team who were there at the beginning?”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 6) [B]REMMY SKYE (c) vs. CITIZEN X[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Remmy really looked good in the ring tonight going against X. The Rev commented that he looked every inch a champion. And while X did his best to take Remmy down, he finally succumbed to a Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 9:01 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) As Remmy’s music played, Casey Valentine came out to the ring and joined him, applauding and then raising Remmy’s hand in victory. If Remmy was surprised by this at all, you couldn’t tell by his expression. He went along with it ... and promptly got dropped by a short-arm clothesline. Casey glared down at Remmy and then stormed out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Backstage, Jay Chord was walking toward the exit when he was intercepted by Davis Wayne Newton. Davis demanded to know why Jay thought he even deserved a title shot. Jay laughed at him and turned the question around. Did Davis think he deserved one? Davis said he did and displayed his newly won Regional Championship. Jay laughed at him and said that Davis hadn’t even defended that title once yet. Jay suggested that Davis wouldn’t be ready for the big leagues until he had proven he could defend a solo title on his own. Jay then left the building, leaving Davis behind looking thoughtful. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) [B]THE MERCENARIES vs. THE TITANS[/B] The Rev commented that both teams were licking their wounds from this past Sunday as well, especially since Junior beat Ota and Remmy took Bulldozer’s title away from him. It was a stinker of a match. I don’t think it brought the crowd’s mood down, but it certainly brought my mood down. WINNERS: [B]The Titans [/B]in 10:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) Sam Keith led the Foundation out to the ring. He looked about ready to launch into a tirade but Jean cut him off, taking the mic from his hand. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Sam, I know you had a whole speech prepared, but we just had something we had to say.” [/COLOR]As Jean spoke, Izaak and Parker got a chair and set it in the ring and then ushered Sam into it. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “I know we haven’t really taken the time to say this yet, but we wanted to thank you for all of your hard work with the Foundation. If it wasn’t for you browbeating us constantly, we may never have gotten to where we are now. And really, there’s only one way we can think of thanking you properly.”[/COLOR] Before Sam could react, Parker dumped him out of the chair. Izaak then snatched up the chair and smashed Sam over the back of the head with it. He laughed at Sam and then motioned for Parker and Jean to leave with him. But before they could get all the way out of the arena, Sam crawled to the mic and started laughing. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You think this makes you guys tough? I’ve taken harder chair shots than that and walked away. It would seem that you’re looking for a fight. Well, Tischler, you’ve got one. Get down here.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge 11) [B]SAM KEITH vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Sam put up a good fight, but he never really stood a chance. He was obviously suffering from the chair shot still and he had to contend with Jean and Parker hovering around the ring. In the end, Izaak put Sam down with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 8:37 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring and announced that he was feeling generous tonight. He said that he was going to allow the audience to bask in his greatness as the Triple Threat. And he was going to give someone in the back a chance to fight for the MWA Regional Championship. Anybody. He said he was so dangerous, he didn’t care who took him up on the offer. Out came Junior. She said that she was feeling particularly lucky and would humiliate Davis by taking away his title belt. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the response 13) [B]JUNIOR vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Whoa. Did not see this one coming. But I’m glad it came anyway. Junior was still very reserved in the ring. There were a few times where it looked like Davis was trying to goad her into making a mistake, but she wouldn’t rise to the occasion. Davis kept switching up his offense, but much to this surprise, Junior was able to keep up with him the whole way. Finally, though, Davis was able to bring Junior’s momentum to a screeching halt. She had gone for a spear when Davis sidestepped it and allowed her to slam shoulder-first into the post. Davis laughed and toyed with her, kicking her head and shoving her around with his foot. He threw himself into the ropes and lazily ran to the ring and delivered what could only be called an arrogant leg drop, one that the Rev said wouldn’t do much damage but was meant to humiliate Junior some more. Davis laughed at the crowd’s angry reaction, then backed up to hit the ropes again. That’s when Jay Chord came charging out of the audience. Davis didn’t see him coming as he threw himself into the ropes again. Jay quickly caught Davis’s heel and sent him slamming into the mat face-first. The ref missed it but went to go see what was going on. Jay disappeared under the ring before he could get caught. It took Davis a few moments to pick himself up off the mat. He checked his nose to see if it was bleeding, then left the fun and games behind as he tried to get Junior into the STF. Junior came to life, though, snaring his arms and rolling away. Before Davis knew what was happening, Junior had him in the Triangle Choke in the middle of the ring. Davis struggled to get out of it but eventually had to tap out. WINNER: [B]Junior [/B]in 11:56 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 14) Junior celebrated her win by going from post to post with her new title belt. As she did, Jay emerged from under the ring and walked up the entrance ramp, laughing at Davis the whole way. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Shoot. I had forgotten that I booked Casey vs. Remmy for tonight. We probably lost popularity in the U.S. tonight but gained it in Canada again. At any rate, we got a rating of 3.19, so we must be doing something right. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]The Latin Connection defeated the Gauge Brothers [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Remmy Skye c) defeated Citizen X to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]The Titans defeated the Mercenaries [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Sam Keith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Davis Wayne Newton (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, November 2012[/I] Held at the North Carolina Biker Museum in the Mid Atlantic Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Hugh de Aske appeared on screen and said that tonight, he would defend his “booty” against Jay Chord. He said that Jay certainly stirred things up last week and suggested that his actions may come back to haunt him. But that was no matter to Hugh. He was ready to go. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) [B]REMMY SKYE (c) vs. THOMAS MORGAN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] If Remmy was bothered by what happened to him last week, he wasn’t showing it. The Rev said that he could kind of understand why Casey was so frustrated with him. Remmy was cool and collected all through the match. Thomas put up a good fight, trying to ground the Rising Star. But in the end, he wound up losing to Remmy after the champ hit him with a Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 10:46 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) Casey Valentine then appeared on screen. He taunted the Rev a little, saying that the “old man” shouldn’t speak for him ever again. But he admitted that he was frustrated with Remmy. He said it wasn’t natural to see someone with such a cool and calm demeanor. He said that he wouldn’t rest until he had broken through Remmy’s facade and made him suffer. Remmy got a mic and, much to Casey’s frustration, said he was down with that and that he actually wished Casey luck. He said it was going to be quite the challenge since, as Remmy put it, he had his thermostat set so low, he could chill ice cream in his hands (whatever that meant). He suggested that the two of them fight at “Field of Honor.” Casey agreed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the quest rant; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge 4) [B]JOEY POISON vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Apparently Joey’s been out of the spotlight for too long. Audience members were actually chanting, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You still work here?” [/COLOR]at him. Maybe that threw him off. Maybe the staleness that surrounded Joey wasn’t a good thing. But whatever the case, he didn’t seem to have it together tonight and finally wound up getting dropped by Bulldozer via a backdrop driver. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 7:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) Junior came out to the ring and said that she knew some people maybe didn’t care for her that much. She said that was okay. She said that she had proven that she could “hang with the big boys” in every way. That’s why she’s held the Rising Star Title. That’s why she’s the current Regional Champion. And she said she was willing to prove it again tonight. She said she would fight anyone from the back. Out came Matthew Gauge to accept the challenge. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the response 6) [B]JUNIOR (c) vs. MATTHEW GAUGE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] I billed this as a great technical match up. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Both competitors rely on a submission hold to finish their opponents,” [/COLOR]I commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It’ll be interesting to see who can get the other one down and locked in first.”[/COLOR] It was a good back-and-forth battle. Both Junior and Matt went for their finishers early, only to have the other escape (Matt by wiggling free, Junior by getting to the ropes). Finally, though, Junior surprised everyone by turning an attempted Proton Lock into a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 9:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Matthew looked a little woozy as he got up off the mat. But he shook it off and laughed, going over to Junior to offer his hand. Junior shook it with a big smile of her own. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 8) Jay Chord appeared on camera and, instead of talking about his match with Hugh, he spent a few moments taunting Davis Wayne Newton. He pointed out that Davis didn’t even have one successful title defense before he lost the strap to Junior. He said that Davis should maybe go back down to the minors before sticking his nose into the main event scene again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) The Latin Connection came out with Steve Gumble in tow. They asked for a replay of the Foundation turning on Sam Keith from last week. After it was over, they said that while Sam got what he deserved, they wouldn’t stand by and let the Foundation run rampant over what had been built in the MWA. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“We may be latecomers,” [/COLOR]Mainstream said on behalf of Steve and himself, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“but we’re proud to be here and we don’t want to see Jean, Steven, or Izaak destroy what’s been accomplished here.” [/COLOR]They then demanded that the Foundation face them in a match and promised they wouldn’t go anywhere until it happened. The Foundation came out and laughed at them, saying that without Sam Keith to hold them back, nothing could stop them now. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION & STEVE GUMBLE vs. THE FOUNDATION[/B] Both Steven Parker and Steve Gumble were off their games tonight, but that balanced out into what turned out to be a pretty good match all around. Mainstream Hernandez, though, really shone in this match and came out looking like a star. That’s partially because the Foundation did as much as they could to make sure that Mainstream didn’t get any ring time. They double and even triple-teamed Mainstream’s partners, keeping them away from the corner. Finally, though, Mainstream made it in and cleaned house for a little while, but that quickly ended with a big boot from Izaak Tischler. Eventually Steve Gumble tagged his way back in and looked pretty fresh. But while Izaak distracted the ref, Mean Jean laid out Gumble’s partners and then Gumble himself with a steel chair. Parker, the legal man, then hit a Future Shock on the already unconscious Gumble and got the pin. WINNERS: [B]The Foundation [/B]in 10:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 11) A video played, highlighting Jay and Hugh’s argument, then Jay and Davis’s argument, and finally how Davis lost the Regional Championship to Junior after Jay interfered. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) [B]HUGH de ASKE (c) vs. JAY CHORD [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Shoot. I thought we were building to something really good here. Instead, we kind of fizzled out with this main event. Jay and Hugh just did not work well together in the ring and it really dragged the match down. At any rate, the two seemed evenly matched. Both resorted to a variety of dirty tricks, but the crowd seemed to be behind Hugh more than Jay. That only infuriated Jay more as he stepped up his game to try to bring Hugh down. But before things could be truly decided, Davis Wayne Newton charged the ring and, in front of the ref, attacked Jay with a lead pipe. Jez McArthuer immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord by DQ [/B]in 15:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 13) After wailing on Jay for a minute or two, Davis Wayne Newton turned to a shocked Hugh and said that since it appeared Jay was in no condition to fight, why didn’t they face off against each other next week on Firestorm? Hugh didn’t take his eyes off the pipe, saying, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Well, I think it’d be best for me health if I agreed, yes? I’ll see you then, mate.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Shoot. We really fell apart with that last match. We got a rating of 3.01. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Remmy Skye (c) defeated Thomas Morgan to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Junior (c) defeated Matthew Gauge to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]The Foundation defeated the Latin Connection & Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Hugh de Aske (c) by DQ; Hugh retains [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, November 2012[/I] Held at Pennsylvania Park in the Tri State Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) First things first: a replay from last week's show reminded folks that tonight's main event would be Davis Wayne Newton taking on Hugh de Aske for the MWA Grand Championship. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] How is it that I keep forgetting that these two have lousy chemistry together? Steve put up a spectacular fight but in the end, Bulldozer took him down with a Backdrop Driver. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 9:10 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) Bulldozer looked pretty pleased with himself, but then Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker charged the ring. Before anyone knew what was happening, they attacked both Bulldozer and Steve before escaping, just a step ahead of security. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 4) Remmy Skye came out to the ring and stood there, a pretty blank expression on his face. Casey Valentine then appeared on the screen and informed Remmy that tonight, he would be facing a tough challenge. To warm up for their match at "Field of Honor," Remmy has been booked in a handicap match against the Mercenaries. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. THE MERCENARIES[/B] I had feared that this match would be bad. It wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Remmy was overwhelmed by Ash and Fumihiro in the early going, but he eventually rallied and managed to toss Ash over the top rope and then took down Fumihiro with a Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 8:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Even though Remmy won, he was looking pretty wiped out from the effort. Casey appeared on the big screen again and taunted Remmy, daring him to let any emotions slip through. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) Hugh de Aske appeared on screen, saying that this week, he faced Davis Wayne Newton and really didn't care, seeing as Davis was making the same problems as Jay. He said both boys were too unfocused, that they had to keep their eyes on the prize and that, until they learned to do that, he was in no danger. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Junior came out to the ring and once again threw out an open challenge, saying that she was willing to fight anyone on the roster. Out came Joey Beauchamp. Joey said he would take her up on it, but when she signalled for him to join her in the ring, he begged off, saying that his "trick knee" was bothering him. But he was sure it would feel better by "Field of Honor." He'd face her then. In the meantime, Joey said he found someone to keep her company. Out came Primus Allen. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response 9) [B]JUNIOR vs. PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] Junior seemed a little thrown off by Primus's raw power, but she quickly got into the swing of the match. Before Primus knew what was happening, Junior had dropped him to the mat and got him into the Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 12:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) After the match, Primus was met backstage by Bulldozer Brandon Smith. Smith told Primus to buck up and just deal with it. His speech was interrupted by some laughter. They turned around and found the Gauges laughing at them. Matt and Greg mocked them and said that they used to be hot stuff but they had cooled off recently. The Titans shot back that the Gauges had been beaten by their papa. The Gauges admitted to that and then suggested that the four men meet in the ring at "Field of Honor" to see who the better team was. The Titans readily accepted. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 11) Davis Wayne Newton sounded off. He said that Hugh was fooling himself if he thought that he was going to hold on to the Grand Championship after tonight. He said that he was far superior to a man who had to hide behind a stupid pirate gimmick. Davis swore that he would sink Hugh's championship reign. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. SAM KEITH[/B] We finally got a match to get out of second gear! Sam and Des tore it up, getting the fans really pumped up over what they were seeing. Des tried to take Sam down several times, but in the end, Sam managed to snare Des and put him into the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 6:53 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) Sam Keith then got the microphone and laid down a challenge to Izaak Tischler. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Tischler, I seem to notice that the Foundation wasn't dissatisfied with my guidance until you came along. You're the problem there. So let's say you and me, we fight it out at 'Field of Honor.' What do you say?"[/COLOR] Izaak came out and laughed at Sam. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"Keith, you're delusional! You're old news, the past! Me, I'm the future. So are Mean Jean and Parker. And I'll be more than happy to prove it at 'Field of Honor.' See you there, old man!"[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 14) The camera cut backstage where Davis Wayne Newton was walking to the ring for the main event. Before he could make it, though, he was attacked from behind by Jay Chord. Jay lit into him, finally beating him so badly that it looked like Davis was out on his feet. Jay then dragged Davis by his hair and tossed him into the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 15) [B]HUGH de ASKE (c) vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Okay, now this is just frustrating. This match didn't do nearly as well as it should have, even though Davis quickly shook off the effects of Jay's attack and took it to Hugh as best as he could. In the end, though, it didn't prove to be enough and Hugh took Davis down with a Cut-Throat Driver. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 12:51 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Sigh. We got a rating of 3.01. FINAL SHOW RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Remmy Skye defeated the Mercenaries in a handicap match [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Primus Allen [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Sam Keith defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske (c) defeated Davis Wayne Newton to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, November 2012[/I] Held at the West Texas Colisseum in the Mid South Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Casey Valentine started things off in the ring. He didn't have to wait long as the big screen lit up with Remmy Skye's face. Remmy informed Casey that he would be having a warm-up match tonight as well. Only Remmy wasn't going to book him in a handicap match like Casey did to him. Instead, Remmy had arranged for Casey to fight one man ... Sam Keith. Casey looked positively sick as Sam came out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 2) [B]SAM KEITH vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] Sam mopped the ring with Casey, no two ways about it. The veteran simply overwhelmed Casey with his offense. Casey tried to fight back, but the Rev said it was like watching a chihauhau try to take down a pit bull. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Maybe even a regular bull,"[/COLOR] he added as Sam hit the Neutron Plex. Sam quickly got Casey into the Proton Lock. Casey struggled to worm free but couldn't. But that's when the Foundation charged out of the back. Steven Parker and Mean Jean Cattley circled the ring and grinned at Sam ferally. Sam released the hold and charged the ropes to get them, but referee Shane Stones intercepted him and ordered him to stay where he was. Shane then turned the ring and tried to shoo Parker and Cattley. That proved to be exactly what the Foundation wanted. While Shane argued with them, Izaak Tischler hit the ring and took Sam down quick and hard with a swinging neck breaker. He then dove out of the ring, allowing Casey to get the pin. Shane noticed and quickly counted to three while the Foundation laughed outside the ring. WINNER: [B]Casey Valentine [/B]in 7:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 3) Naturally the Foundation was all over Sam as soon as Casey got out of the way. But before they could do any permanent damage, the Latin Connection charged the ring and cleared them out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"] E+[/COLOR] for the initial assault and rescue 4) Backstage, Remmy Skye watched the whole thing on the monitor, his face impassive. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) Junior appeared on screen and taunted Joey Beauchamp. She said that he wasn't going to beat her, so he might as well fly on home to England and not bother showing up at "Field of Honor." RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) The Latin Connection now appeared on screen and challenged Steven Parker and Mean Jean Cattley to a match. J-Ro pointed out she's been in the MWA since the beginning as well and she's sick of both of them. She'd like nothing better than to teach those two a lesson. They'll even put their titles on the line to get the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Des put up a valiant fight but in the end, Izaak wound up destroying him with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 9:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) The Titans came out to the ring and hyped their upcoming match against the Gauges. They said that the brothers were going to be absolutely demolished this Sunday. They said that they would give the Gauges a sneak peek of what to expect by destroying the Latin Connection in a non-title warm-up match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE TITANS[/B] The tag champs looked on fire and really took the fight to Bulldozer and Primus. Their speed and agility barely kept them a step ahead of the Titans, who seemed just as charged up as the champs. But in the end, the difference maker turned out to be Steven Parker. He hit the ring while the ref was distracted and took J-Ro down. Bulldozer capitalized by hitting an inverted piledriver and got the pin. WINNERS: [B]The Titans [/B]in 10:27 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) Joey Beauchamp came out to the ring and said that he had no reason to fear Junior. He said she was a fierce competitor and that did give him a moment of pause. But he said that fierceness only gave someone so much. He said that brains made up the rest, and that's something she didn't have. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) [B]SAM PRATT vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] These two stepped up their game by quite a bit and delivered a great performance. They both relied on some aerial acrobatics that kept the crowd at the edge of their seats. I'm hoping our main event will deliver just as well. At any rate, Joey put Sam down cleanly with a frogsplash. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 8:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) As Joey celebrated, Junior charged him out of the back and tried to attack. But Joey apparently had her scouted and dodged out of the way. She charged him again, only to get tossed shoulder-first into a ringpost. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 13) Backstage Sam Pratt looked particularly upset about how his match went. He ran into Steve Gumble, who teased him a little about how he lost to Joey. That devolved into an argument about which man is actually the bigger loser and ended with Sam challenged Steve to meet him in the ring at "Field of Honor." RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 14) [B]JAY CHORD vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Finally, a main event that delivered. Jay and Davis simply tore into each other before the bell could even sound. Each man tried to one-up the other, going for harder hitting moves each time. But the brawl couldn't be contained in the ring. It spilled over the top rope and raged around the ringside area. Jez McArthuer struggled to get them back into the ring but it was no use. He finally had to declare the whole thing a draw and call for more officials from backstage to separate the two. WINNER: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 12:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 15) I got up from the announce table with a mic: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Okay, I am sick of this from you two. We can't seem to put on a decent Grand Championship match without one of you two getting in the way. So this is what we're going to do. This Sunday at 'Field of Honor,' Hugh de Aske is going to have his hands full. He'll be defending the MWA Grand Championship against Jay Chord ... and Davis Wayne Newton. That's right, it's a triple threat match!"[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] As the show went off the air, the Rev and I hyped the card for "Field of Honor" -- [B]REMMY SKYE (c) vs. CASEY VALENTINE for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title ([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) [/COLOR] THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. THE TITANS ([COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR]) SAM PRATT vs. STEVE GUMBLE ([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) SAM KEITH vs. IZAAK TISCHLER ([COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR]) THE LATIN CONNECTION (c) vs. THE FOUNDATION for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR]([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) JUNIOR (c) vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) HUGH de ASKE (c) vs. JAY CHORD vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] ([COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR])[/B] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Casey Valentine was slightly overused but we took a big step in the right direction. We got a rating of 4.87. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Casey Valentine defeated Sam Keith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]The Titans defeated the Latin Connection [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Sam Pratt [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton drew with Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Glad to see you back at full force. Been reading since the very first show of the SWF diary and it's been unbelievably consistent. It also made me a huge mark for Sam Keith, which is why he's so prominent in my diary. So, uh, thanks? Heh. Took me a while to catch onto this diary just because I loved your SWF one so much and still miss characters like Kovach, but I soon got over that and the high standard of writing has drawn me right back in with this new cast of characters. You've taken up far too much of my time, like... But I've always enjoyed it. [B]REMMY SKYE[/B] (c) vs. CASEY VALENTINE for the MWA Rising Star Title (E+) - For no real reason, I juist prefer him. THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. [B]THE TITANS[/B] (E+) - Smith once again getting the win for his team. [B]SAM PRATT[/B] vs. STEVE GUMBLE (E+) - Just to get Pratt back on track [B]SAM KEITH[/B] vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (D) - Because I mark for the master of the Proton Lock THE LATIN CONNECTION (c) vs. [B]THE FOUNDATION[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship (E+) - Having J-Ro and Mainstream chase would be fun [B]JUNIOR[/B] (c) vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP for the MWA Regional Championship (D-) - Junior proves yet another detractor wrong and shows the former Tommy Cornell impersonator up [B]HUGH de ASKE[/B] (c) vs. JAY CHORD vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON for the MWA Grand Championship (D) - He's a pirate. And pirates, obviously, rawk.

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Be sure to order [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Field of Honor”[/COLOR][/B] this Sunday exclusively on Pay-Per-View![/SIZE][/CENTER] Featuring the following matches... [B][I]Remmy Skye defends his [COLOR="Red"]MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR]against Casey Valentine [/I][/B]- Casey has been trying to get under Remmy’s skin for the past several weeks and it hasn’t done any good. Remmy still has his title. Will Casey finally get Remmy to lose his cool? Or will Remmy walk out of the arena with the Rising Star Title and no expression on his face? [B][I]The Gauge Brothers go toe-to-toe with the Titans -[/I][/B] These two teams are incredible in the ring and this show-down is sure to be nothing short of legendary. Who will win? [B][I]Sam Pratt and Steve Gumble square off -[/I][/B] A recent argument has led these two to meet up in the ring. Who will emerge victorious? [B][I]Izaak Tischler takes on Sam Keith -[/I][/B] Izaak’s inclusion in the Foundation meant that Sam was shown the door. Now Sam is out for revenge against Izaak. Does Izaak have what it takes to take down the legend? Or will Sam add Izaak’s name to the already lengthy list of people who have succumbed to the Proton Lock? [B][I]The Foundation tries to take [COLOR="red"]the Tag Team Championship [/COLOR]from the Latin Connection -[/I][/B] Steven Parker and Mean Jean Cattley have annoyed Joanne Rodriguez and Mainstream Hernandez to the point that the champs are willing to put the titles on the line to get their hands on the Foundation. Did they get pushed too far? Or will they put Cattley and Parker back in their place? [B][I]Junior defends her [COLOR="red"]MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]against Joey Beauchamp -[/I][/B] Junior has proven she has what it takes to “hang with the big boys.” Now one of those boys is after her belt. Will Joey Beauchamp end her reign? Or does Junior have what it takes to hang on to the championship? [B][I]Hugh de Aske takes on Jay Chord and Davis Wayne Newton with the [COLOR="red"]MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]in the balance -[/I][/B] The title scene has been somewhat messy as of late with both Jay Chord and Davis Wayne Newton trying to claim the top belt. After weeks of chaos both in the ring and backstage, it’s been decided that all three men will take on each other for the belt. What will happen when these three collide? [CENTER][SIZE="2"]Be sure to order [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Field of Honor”[/COLOR] this Sunday to find out![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] Predictions are always welcome!

[B]REMMY SKYE (c)[/B] vs. CASEY VALENTINE for the MWA Rising Star Title THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs.[B] THE TITANS [/B] [B]SAM PRATT[/B] vs. STEVE GUMBLE [B]SAM KEITH[/B] vs. IZAAK TISCHLER THE LATIN CONNECTION (c) vs. [B]THE FOUNDATION[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship JUNIOR (c) vs. [B]JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship [B]HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] vs. JAY CHORD vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON for the MWA Grand Championship

Archived