MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, February 2013[/I] Held at McGaw Arena in the Tri State Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with our Grand Champion in the ring, crowing about how if anyone came tonight hoping to see the strap around Vengeance’s waist, they were out of luck. The loser is so mortified that he didn’t even have the courage to show up in the arena tonight. He said that while he’d like to take all the credit for the win, he knows that he owes a large part of the credit to his “inside man” on the booking committee. He looked in the camera and thanked whoever it was, saying that while he probably could have beaten Vengeance on his own, softening him up first in a Gauntlet match and then the switch to the Steel Cell made all the difference. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I suppose you’d all like to know who this guy is, wouldn’t you?” [/COLOR]Izaak said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well, don’t you worry your pretty little heads. He’ll be making an even larger impact on the MWA starting very soon. But I’m not about to spoil his surprise. No, tonight is all about me.”[/COLOR] He then went off on a very self-serving, self-congratulatory rant about how wonderful he was. This was thankfully cut off by Alicia Strong, who came out and observed that her fiancé was suffering from “delusions of grandeur,” just as he always has. She said that the match everyone was talking about wasn’t Izaak’s match against Vengeance. It was her match against Wanda Fish that had everyone talking. Alicia said she had some momentum going and she wanted to capitalize on it ... by reclaiming the Grand Championship. She said that Izaak may have his mole, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“but I still have Scapino’s ear. And he’s just as eager to see me kick your ass as all these fans are!”[/COLOR] Izaak turned toward the announce table, where I smiled at him sweetly. I nodded. The match is on! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the self-hype; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the challenge 2) [B]GREG GAUGE (c) vs. THOMAS MORGAN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] A decent first showing for Greg’s title defense. He and Thomas really tore it up out there but Thomas eventually tapped out in the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 10:09 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) Backstage, Izaak Tischler is pacing, looking not too happy with the main event match. He spun on his heel at one point and found himself face to face with Joey Beauchamp. Joey wanted to know if it was true what Izaak said about the booking committee member. Izaak said that it was all true, that within weeks, the MWA would have a new face and a new boss. Izaak waxed a bit eloquent, saying that if a person positioned himself correctly right now, he could really make a name for himself with the new boss. Little did they realize, Davis Wayne Newton was listening in on their conversation and looked pretty excited by it. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) [B]HUGH de ASKE & THE CALAMARI KID vs. THE TITANS[/B] Shoot. So much for that idea. See, I had this great plan: Hugh and the Kid would team up as “Davey Jones’ Locker.” Great idea, right? Small problem: they have no chemistry in the ring together. None. It’s so bad, they dragged this match to a horrific low, one that I hope our main event can pull us up from. At any rate, the Titans wailed on Hugh and the Kid until the Kid was able to fight back and fired off a Squid Buster to take out Bulldozer. WINNERS: [B]Hugh de Aske & the Calamari Kid [/B]in 8:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) A video played, reminding folks of what happened this past Sunday between Fire & Ice and the Foundation, including Mean Jean and Parker’s fight after the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 6) [B]FIRE & ICE (c) vs. THE FOUNDATION [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] We’re getting back on track again, thankfully. Remmy really stood out as being the star in this one, even though he spent most of the match on the apron, waiting for Junior to tag in. Mean Jean seemed more than happy to resort to his bag of tricks, using everything he could to keep Junior isolated. Parker seemed more and more disgusted by what was happening with each passing moment. He even refused to help Mean Jean double-team Junior the few times that the ref was distracted. He wound up paying for that sense of fair play in the end. Junior eventually was able to tag in Remmy, who cleaned house and then took out Parker with a Skye Driver. WINNERS: [B]Fire & Ice [/B]in 12:16 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring and delivered a sort of ... odd promo. He gave the camera a cheesy grin and talked about how if people were looking for the future of professional wrestling, they had to look no further. He said he had it all: charm, wit, charisma, good looks, and more skill than the entire roster of the MWA combined. He said that if anyone was looking for the face of a new MWA, he was their man. Sam Keith eventually heard enough. He came out to the ring and asked if Davis was going to talk about the fact that he was a dirty, conniving coward. He pointed out the fact that he kept on beating on Matthew Gauge after he had won the match. Sam said that he wasn’t happy that his son lost, but the fact that Davis kept on fighting afterwards didn’t show the correct sort of sportsmanship “the new face of the MWA” should have. Davis just smirked at Sam, so the veteran offered to wipe that smile clean off his face. Davis laughed at the thought but urged Sam to get into the ring with him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for Davis’s promo; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge 8) [B]SAM KEITH vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Good technical match. Sam really took Davis to school in the early going of the match, switching from hold to hold seamlessly and effortlessly. Davis actually looked worried at a few points. But Davis’s skills carried the day. He was able to switch up his offense enough and so suddenly that he caught Sam flat-footed more than once. In the end, Davis got Sam to tap out with an STF. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 11:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) A video played, reminding folks of Alicia’s win over Wanda in that spectacular main event at “Destined for Glory.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Alicia gave Izaak a run for his money. Izaak tried several times to slow down the match and even begged for a time out. The Rev pointed out, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“On one level, I feel sorry for Izaak. I mean, the man was just in a grueling steel cell match three days ago, defending his title. It’s hard to be at a hundred percent after that.” “True, he was,”[/COLOR] I responded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But that was after he put his opponent through a Gauntlet match. And Alicia was in a brutal match as well. Granted, it wasn’t in a steel cell, but hers did last longer than Izaak’s. Given all the facts, I really don’t have that much pity for Izaak.” “Neither do I,”[/COLOR] the Rev admitted with a laugh. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I was just making conversation.”[/COLOR] Alicia didn’t let up on Izaak, keeping after him no matter what he tried. He eventually had to fight back and he was able to stall Alicia’s momentum but not stop it. Alicia looked ready to finish Izaak off... ... when Wanda came charging out of the back and brazenly attacked Alicia in the middle of the ring in front of the ref. Jez immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong by DQ [/B]in 15:33 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) Wanda didn’t let up on Alicia at all, first knocking her almost senseless with a Dish of the Day, then slapping her in the Blonde Ambition and screaming for her to tap out. Izaak wisely got out of there, clutching his title belt to his chest. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] In spite of that nonsense with Hugh and the Kid, we still did okay on this one. We got a rating of 5.13. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Greg Gauge (c) defeated Thomas Morgan to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske & the Calamari Kid defeated the Titans [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Fire & Ice (c) defeated the Foundation to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Sam Keith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Izaak Tischler (c) by DQ, so Izaak retains [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Destined for Glory" got a buy-rate of 1.61. I always post the buy-rates for the Pay-Per-Views, although they're a little hidden. Look in the header information for the posts. I'll list the event name, the date, the location, and then I'll list the number of people who attended and finally the buy-rate.

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Wednesday of Week 1, March 2013 –[/I][/B] I checked the street outside the restaurant before Wanda and I ducked inside. True, kayfabe had died with the whole Extreme Deluxe debacle, but one could never be too careful. The last time we went on a date, we wound up getting thrown out of the movie theater. Wanda had to cut an impromptu promo, making believe that she had followed me to the theater to beg me to make her first pay-per-view match against Alicia a hardcore match when two seven year olds found us. Avoiding a repeat of that would be nice. Thankfully, there didn’t appear to be any marks in the restaurant. Nor smarks or anybody who recognized us. We were ushered to a secluded booth toward the back where we settled in for a nice, candle-lit dinner. After the appetizers had been brought, Wanda finally broached the subject with me: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So what’s the deal with this insider on the booking committee? Sounds an awful lot like when you brought out Sarah Eisen to be the leader of Karma.”[/COLOR] I shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well, what do they say? ‘There’s nothing new under the sun?’ Karma itself was just a retread of storylines that have been done before. And if you think about it, Apocalypse was the same thing, just with different workers. I may have done this before, but it was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up.” “Opportunity?”[/COLOR] I winced. I had already said too much. But it was Wanda... [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I heard a ... rumor that someone wanted to work with us. I’ve been knocking around ideas with him for a few weeks now and this is the one that stuck.” “Who is it?”[/COLOR] I hesitated again. I knew that Wanda could be trusted; I mean, the news of our relationship hadn’t even hit the dirtsheets yet (which was a credit to the rest of the MWA; they seemed to take an odd delight in our dating). But I promised this individual I’d keep his debut a secret. I finally told her, making sure to time my revelation for when she was taking a sip of wine. I was rewarded with a great spittake. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “You got who?” [/COLOR]A smile broke across her lovely face. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“This is huge.”[/COLOR] I nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I know. I guess retirement just wasn’t sitting too well with him.” “So what happens next?”[/COLOR] I grinned. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Actually, my dear, that’s where you come in. I have some stuff I want you to do on the next episode.”[/COLOR] She smiled, taking my hand in hers. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Anything for you.”[/COLOR]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, March 2013[/I] Held at the Huntsville Fairgrounds in the South East Territory 4,870 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with Wanda Fish coming out to the ring with a mic. She said she was out here on business for the booking committee insider. She turned to me and said that my time was limited. The insider was marshaling his allies and was getting ready for a coup. But he was willing to give me a fighting chance. Apparently one of the issues that bothered him was the way I treated the “veteran” workers on the roster, that I was more interested in finding nobodies and giving them their big breaks. So this is what the insider proposed: I could find a “nobody” as my champion. He would pick someone who’s been with the MWA since the beginning. Those two will face off at the next Pay-Per-View, “Battleground.” Winner takes all: control of the MWA, everything. I got up from the announce table and said that was fine with me, that I had just the person in mind. Wanda said now that that was taken care of, she said that it was clear that Alicia hadn’t learned her lesson. She needed to learn the pecking order around here. She challenged Alicia to one more match at “Battleground” to settle things once and for all. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for my acceptance; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for Wanda’s second challenge 2) Joey Poison came out to the ring and as he did, a small video played in the corner of the screen. In this promo, Joey said that he obviously hit something of a roadblock since he couldn’t beat Mainstream Hernandez. He said he would still be one of the top guys in the promotion by year’s end. He just had to start smaller. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. JOEY POISON[/B] A good solid opening match. Steve tried to overwhelm Joey with some quick-paced offense but wound up getting nailed with an Antidote Web. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 6:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Primus Allen came out to the ring and said that losing the Rising Star Title to Greg Gauge was a little sting but not really a big deal because it freed him up for bigger and better things. He challenged Mainstream Hernandez to a match for the Regional Championship at “Battleground.” Mainstream came out and said that he was ready, willing, and able. Before Mainstream could go, though, Primus urged him to stick around and watch the next match so he could see what would happen to him in three weeks. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) [B]THE CALAMARI KID vs. PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] Wow. Didn’t see this one coming. The Kid and Primus put on a pretty good match, both of them relying on speed. But it was the fact that Primus could pull out some devastating power moves that won the match for him. He finished off the Kid with a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 9:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) Primus wasn’t done with his assault yet. He started pounding on the Kid repeatedly, looking as though he were trying to kick his head off. That’s when Hugh de Aske charged into the ring with a steel chair, presumably to help his fallen comrade. But instead of attacking Primus, he instead set the chair to the back of the Kid! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) The Foundation appeared on screen. They announced that they had a rematch with Fire & Ice tonight. It was a non-title match and that was fine, but they were going to prove who the dominant team really was. At least, that’s what Mean Jean said. Parker didn’t seem all that enthused. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) [B]FIRE & ICE vs. THE FOUNDATION[/B] Another pretty decent match. Parker once again refused to cheat, much to Mean Jean’s consternation. In the end, Mean Jean managed to get Junior down and pinned, using the ropes for leverage. WINNER: [B]The Foundation [/B]in 9:25 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Mean Jean wasn’t done yet. He started stomping on Junior, yelling some pretty bad insults at her. Parker apparently wasn’t happy with that and started into the ring to stop him. Remmy, thinking that Parker was going in to join Mean Jean, came in after him. Parker easily tossed Remmy over the top rope out onto the floor. Parker then put a hand on Jean’s shoulder. Jean overreacted, grabbing Parker and nailing him with a Mood Swing. He looked down at Parker and didn’t look too happy. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] The Rev commented that it had been a while since we’d seen Des Davids in the ring. No ring rust here. Des was focused and determined, laying into Casey the split second the bell rang. The two battled all through the ring and around it, but in the end, Casey managed to pull out the win by getting Des to tap with a Texas Cloverleaf. WINNER: [B]Casey Valentine [/B]9:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) A video then played hyping Davis Wayne Newton. It was patterned after a cheesy infomercial, citing how wonderful Davis was and what a wonderful worker he was. There was even a shot where he stood on a slow-moving turntable, a big grin on his face, as little boxes appeared pointing out his different areas of awesomeness. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) Backstage, Casey Valentine was watching on a monitor and he wasn’t happy. He demanded to know (to no one in particular) where the highlights of his great match with Des were. Why were we wasting time on that junk? RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 13) Wanda came out to the ring and proclaimed amateur hour to be over. She said she wanted some action and she wanted it now. Some of the fans hooted at her and she told them to get their minds out of the gutter. She said that she wasn’t leaving this ring until someone came out to face her. Out came Jay Chord, who said that he was more than willing to show Wanda why she was full of hot air. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the response 14) [B]JAY CHORD vs. WANDA FISH[/B] That sound you hear is our show crashing and burning. Wanda and Jay, it turns out, have zero chemistry in the ring together. Lots of missed spots. Lots of botched moves. This was just painful. Thankfully, it only lasted ten minutes and Wanda quickly put everyone out of their misery with a well-timed Dish of the Day. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 10:47 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 15) Wanda celebrated her win anyway. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Would that the last match have been better. We got a rating of 4.90. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Joey Poison defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated the Calamari Kid [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]The Foundation defeated Fire & Ice [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Casey Valentine defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, March 2013[/I] Held at Centerpiece Bridge in the Mid Atlantic Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic appeared on screen saying that Alicia Strong would answer Wanda Fish’s challenge soon! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] Things started off well with Casey Valentine dominating poor Thomas Morgan in the early going. Thomas fought admirably, but in the end, it didn’t do much good. Casey finally slammed him to the mat with a devastating move Casey calls the Heartbreaker. WINNER: [B]Casey Valentine [/B]in 10:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) Casey didn’t leave the ring just yet. He got the mic and, in a cheesy announcer-like voice, said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You just witnessed an ass-kicking by the one, the only Casey Valentine, an underused and underappreciated worker of the MWA. Notice these great features: a killer physique, a mind to match, and the foresight not to kiss someone’s ass who I don’t even know. Maybe the MWA should focus more air time on guys with talent, not guys with agendas.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 4) Alicia came out to the ring and said that she’d be more than happy to face Wanda in a match at “Battleground.” But she said it’s time to up the ante. She didn’t want to just humiliate Wanda. She wanted to humiliate her numerous times. That’s why Alicia proposed that they face each other in an ultimate submission match! [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You have the Blonde Ambition. I have the Strong Arm Tactic. Let’s see who can get the other to tap more!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Backstage, Mean Jean screamed at Steven Parker to get his head in the game. He said tonight was their last chance to regain the tag team titles. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You may not approve of my ‘underhanded’ tactics last week, but it was our win over Fire & Ice that convinced the booking committee to give us one last shot.”[/COLOR] Parker got in Mean Jean’s face and said he was in ... [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Just make sure you pay attention to who your partner is, okay?”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 6) Backstage, Sam Keith hyped up Greg Gauge for his next match, encouraging him to go out there and win one for Team Gauge. Greg asked where Matthew was. Sam hesitated a bit, saying that Matt had other obligations tonight and couldn’t be there. But he said he knew Matt’s thoughts were with Greg. It was an obvious lie, but Greg seemed to buy it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 7) [B]GREG GAUGE (c) vs. ASH CAMPBELL [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Wow. I almost had to pinch myself. I seriously thought I was dreaming to see Ash Campbell in this good of a match. Ash finally seemed to get it all together. But even still, it wasn’t enough to protect him. Greg got him down and tapping with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 5:45 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) Backstage, the Calamari Kid found Hugh de Aske and got into his face, demanding to know what was wrong with him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “I thought you and me were going to be a team, Hugh,”[/COLOR] the Kid said hotly. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You know, having fun, ‘Davey Jones’s Locker,’ all that. What happened last week?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Yeah, see, here’s the thing, mate,” [/COLOR]Hugh said. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Remember how I said I’m all about the fun? I realized that teamin’ up with a squid-head like you ... wasn’t as fun as I thought it’d be. So I did what I figured would be fun and beat the tar out of you.” “But I had your word!” “Hello! Pirate? How is it none of you lubbers get this?” “All right, fine. Then how about you and me next week? Fun enough for you?” “Thought you’d never ask.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) Outside the arena, the cameras caught sight of a limo pulling up. The Rev asked me if I knew who was in it. I said it was my new “champion” for the match at “Battleground.” Apparently some of the fans knew who was inside; they went nuts. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 10) The Foundation came out to the ring and Mean Jean did all the talking, demanding that Fire & Ice come out for one last match. Junior and Remmy came out and agreed, saying that they were almost a little choked up at the thought that this would be the last time they’d humiliate the Foundation. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the response 11) [B]FIRE & ICE (c) vs. THE FOUNDATION [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Not too bad, all things considered. Jean relied on his underhanded tricks but couldn’t get Parker to help double-team Remmy or Junior when they could. That seemed to add to the frustration. In the end, Junior managed to take down Parker and get him in the Triangle Choke. Mean Jean tried to go in and break things up, but Remmy was ready for him, taking him out with a Skye Driver. Parker quickly tapped out. WINNER: [B]Fire & Ice [/B]in 10:46 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) Parker and Mean Jean were slow in getting to their feet. They then got into another argument, one that our microphones couldn’t pick up. Mean Jean finally hauled off and decked Parker, who struck back. Mean Jean finished things off by taking out his partner with a Mood Swing. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 14) Casey Valentine was getting ready to leave the arena when he bumped into Davis Wayne Newton who, simply put, was not happy with him. Davis demanded to know what Casey was doing. Casey said that he was trying to catch a little bit of the limelight that Davis was trying to hog. Davis said that there was always room in the limelight for more than just the Triple Threat: he could share it with his latest victim. Casey burst out laughing and asked if that was supposed to be intimidating. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“‘Cuz you just sound stupid, man. And really, I think our new boss won’t want some cheesy idiot like you working for him. Tell you what. Why don’t you just scooch out of the way and let someone with some genuine talent through?”[/COLOR] Casey tried to sidestep around Davis, but Davis stepped into his path. Casey sighed and asked what Davis wanted. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I want to restore my good name. I want to prove I have what it takes. I want to do what I do best: beat on people. Like you. At ‘Battleground.’” “Sure, why not?” [/COLOR]Casey said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Humiliating you is kinda fun.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 15) I got up and said it was time to announce our latest hire, the man who would represent me in the match at “Battleground” .... Ernest Youngman! Ernest came out and waved to the crowd. The crowd popped, but not as much as I had hoped. (Note: To explain, Ernest is a 20 year old worker from the New Workers file. He’s been making a name for himself in MAW, USPW, and even the SWF. I got him when his MAW contract expired recently. I thought his B+ in the Mid Atlantic region would lead to a hotter segment. I obviously need to work on my presentation) RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 16) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] But Ernest made up for it with a great match against Ota. They both resorted to very technical offenses, exchanging holds and locks back and forth until finally, Ernest took Ota out with a very fast pumphandle slam. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 10:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 17) Ernest celebrated his victory, only to have Izaak Tischler charge out of the back and attack him from behind. Izaak dispatched him with a Crucifix Slam, then got a mic and informed Ernest that he was the insider’s champ at “Battleground.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 18) Wanda Fish came out next. She said that her match last week against Jay Chord wasn’t exactly what she hoped for. So she said she’d make it up ... to herself by beating on her opponent this week, namely Des Davids. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 19) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. WANDA FISH[/B] Wanda more than made up for it. Maybe the crowd was just jazzed by Ernest’s match. I don’t know. But this was a great capper to the show. Des was once again all business as he tried to take Wanda down. But in the end, Wanda finished him off with a Dish of the Day. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 11:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Great show all around, maybe one of the best Firestorms we’ve done. We got a rating of 5.17. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Casey Valentine defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Greg Gauge (c) defeated Ash Campbell to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Fire & Ice (c) defeated the Foundation to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 3, March 2013[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]"Battleground"[/COLOR]) Held at the Laurent Ballroom in the New England Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with a video shot earlier in the day. Sam Keith approached me as I arrived in the arena to talk about “Battleground.” He pointed out that there were still some holes in the card and he wanted to talk to me about plugging them. I asked him what he had in mind. First thing, a match for his son, Greg. He pointed out that Joey Poison made all that noise a few weeks ago about climbing his way to the top. He figured that a match between Greg and Joey would be kind of fun to watch. I thought about it for a brief moment and then agreed. Second, he wanted something for his son, Matt, as well. I asked him where Matt was tonight. Sam admitted sheepishly that his son was on tour in Japan right now and wasn’t available. He muttered something about Matt not honoring his contracts. Sam brightened and suggested that he and Matt take on Fire & Ice for the tag team championship. I agreed to that as well. Sam tried to leave after thanking me, but I stopped him and said that since I gave him what he wanted, maybe he could give me what I wanted. I said that I wanted to give Alicia Strong a warm-up match. Since Sam is the inventor of the Proton Lock, one of the most devastating submission moves in professional wrestling, I suggested that tonight, he face Alicia. Sam agreed amiably, but when he turned to walk away, he didn’t look too happy. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for making the Gauge/Poison match; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the Gauge & Keith/Fire & Ice match; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the Strong/Keith match 2) Ernest Youngman came out to the ring to a decent pop. He said that he had been watching the MWA for a while now and that when I called him to represent me at “Battleground” against the Booking Committee Insider, he jumped at the chance. He said that the MWA was the best place for a young worker to get his or her start. He pointed out how Jay Chord, Davis Wayne Newton, and Alicia Strong all got their big breaks here. He pointed out that Izaak Tischler was also a relative unknown before the MWA and that he’s stabbing me in the back by siding with the Insider. He said that he would set things right at “Battleground.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] I told them to go out and warm the crowd up. I didn’t expect them to set them on fire. I think we’ll be seeing this match as a main even someday. These two just clicked in the ring and the match was so phenomenal, it left the Rev and I choking on their dust. The audience probably held their breath the entire time and didn’t release it until Ernest got Primus to tap out with a submission move I identified as the Young Blood. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 6:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 4) A video played, reminding folks of how Hugh de Aske betrayed the Calamari Kid recently. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“In the interest of fairness, I booked Primus’s opponent for Battleground ... namely Mainstream Hernandez ... in a match against Primus’s tag partner.”[/COLOR] Mainstream probably wasn’t too happy with me for that favor. He and Bulldozer were able to ride some of the momentum off of the opening match and put together a pretty good one of their own. Mainstream appeared to have it all sewn up and went for the Apparition #14, but Bulldozer surprised everyone by catching him out of the air and turning it into an Inverted Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 9:19 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) Davis Wayne Newton appeared on camera and once again tried to sell himself to the Insider. He hyped up his win/loss record, he pointed out his great physique, the fact that he is the Triple Threat. And he promised to prove it all this Sunday by destroying Casey Valentine. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) [B]THE CALAMARI KID vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] A pretty good match. The Kid stepped things up with some fast-moving, high-flying offense. Hugh was able to weather most of it but got caught off guard more than once and almost got pinned several times. He managed to swing things back his way a few times as well. In the end, Hugh managed to trip up the Kid and got him rolled up, using his tights for leverage to keep him down. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 9:04 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) Joey Poison now appeared, saying that he just got his contract for the Rising Star Title match at “Battleground.” He said that Greg Gauge was stupid to just offer that to him on a silver platter. He said that the first rung on his way to the top was labeled “Greg Gauge.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) Wanda Fish came out to the ring, much to the surprise of the Rev and I. She took a seat at the announce table and said she’d do color for the next match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. SAM KEITH[/B] Alicia and Sam put on a great match. Wanda did a great job on mic, although she did get distracted when the Rev started quizzing her on the identity of the Insider. Wanda made it sound like the two of them were an item, which only flustered the Rev. Sam tried to get Alicia into the Proton Lock several times, but Alicia was able to worm her way out. The one time he almost got it completely cinched up, Alicia managed to get to the bottom rope. But try as she might, she couldn’t get Sam in the Strong Arm Tactic. In the end, out of desperation, she dispatched him with a Strong Interaction. Wanda pointed out that strategy would be useless this Sunday. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 9:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Casey Valentine now appeared on screen, once again mocking Davis Wayne Newton’s attempts to curry favor with the Insider. He said that if the Insider was looking for a poster boy for his new order, he should look no further than Casey. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) Izaak Tischler came out and said that he was positively quaking in his boots after that opening bout. He pointed out that Ernest was just the flavor of the month, here today, gone tomorrow. He held up the Grand Championship belt and said this proved he had what it took, that he was the top dog and that everyone else had to get in line behind him. He said he’d prove it tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) [B]JUNIOR vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Great match. Not as good as Ernest’s, but a great way to cap off this show. Junior was her usual spitfire self, trying to tear Izaak apart. Izaak almost got mowed down early on, but he was able to swing the match around to his control. He took a few shortcuts in the match, even going so far as to drag Junior out of the ring and slamming her into the guard rail and the ring steps. In the end, he put Junior down with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 14:11 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 14) Backstage, Ernest Youngman was watching the match and didn’t seem all that concerned. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] As the show went off the air, the Rev and I ran down the card for “Battleground” -- [B]GREG GAUGE (c) vs. JOEY POISON for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) [B]FIRE & ICE (c) vs. SAM KEITH & MATTHEW GAUGE for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR]) [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY vs. STEVEN PARKER [/B]([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. PRIMUS ALLEN for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR]) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. CASEY VALENTINE [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR]) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. IZAAK TISCHLER for [COLOR="red"]control of the MWA [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. WANDA FISH in [COLOR="Purple"]an Ultimate Submission Match [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] If we can just put on more shows like this.... We got a rating of 5.37. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Primus Allen [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Mainstream Hernandez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated the Calamari Kid [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Sam Keith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Junior [/I]-[COLOR="blue"] B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to order [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Battleground”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] this Sunday exclusively on Pay-Per-View.[/CENTER] The stakes have never been higher for the Midwest Wrestling Association! [B][I]Greg Gauge defends his [COLOR="Red"]MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR]against Joey Poison [/I][/B]- Greg has been on a roll lately, picking up his first singles title since joining our company. But will his celebration be short lived? Will Joey Poison start his climb on Greg’s back? [I][B]Sam Keith and Matthew Gauge try to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] from Fire & Ice [/B][/I]- The rest of the Gauge family will be in action as well. Will father and son duo Sam Keith and Matthew Gauge take home the belts? Or will Junior and Remmy Skye retain the gold at the end of the night? [I][B]Steven Parker goes head-to-head with Mean Jean Cattley [/B][/I]- There has been friction between these two for the past month and now the Foundation is beginning to crumble. They’ve been at each other’s throats for a while now. What will happen when they’re given the go-ahead to beat on each other in the squared circle? [B][I]Mainstream Hernandez defends [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]against Primus Allen [/I][/B]- These two are both smarting from their losses this past week and will want to make up for it. Will Mainstream hold on to the gold? Or will Primus Allen absolutely destroy him in the ring? [B][I]Davis Wayne Newton seeks revenge against Casey Valentine -[/I][/B] Davis has been trying to position himself in case the Insider takes control of the company. Casey has been mocking his efforts. Who will prove their worth by pinning the other? [B][I][COLOR="red"]Control of the MWA[/COLOR] hangs in the balance as Ernest Youngman squares off against Izaak Tischler [/I][/B]- Someone on the MWA’s Booking Committee has been making some noise and wants to wrest control of the company from John “Scapino” Otte. This mystery individual has chosen Izaak Tischler as his representative. Scapino has brought in Ernest Youngman to represent him. Who will win this match and who will be in charge when the dust settles? [B][I]Alicia Strong and Wanda Fish face off one last time in an [COLOR="Purple"]Ultimate Submission Match [/COLOR]-[/I][/B] The rules are simple: the match lasts thirty minutes. The person who gets her opponent to tap the most wins. These two have delivered some phenomenal matches in the past and this one promises to be no different. Whoever wins in the ring, we all win just for seeing this match! [SIZE="4"][CENTER]Don’t miss the excitement! See you on the [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Battleground!”[/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[B]Greg Gauge[/B] defends his MWA Rising Star Title against Joey Poison Sam Keith and Matthew Gauge try to capture the MWA Tag Team Championship from [B]Fire & Ice[/B] [B]Steven Parker[/B] goes head-to-head with Mean Jean Cattley Mainstream Hernandez defends the MWA Regional Championship against [B]Primus Allen[/B] [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] seeks revenge against Casey Valentine Control of the MWA hangs in the balance as [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]squares off against Izaak Tischler Alicia Strong and [B]Wanda Fish[/B] face off one last time in an Ultimate Submission Match

[B]GREG GAUGE [/B](c) vs. JOEY POISON for the MWA Rising Star Title [B]FIRE & ICE [/B](c) vs. SAM KEITH & MATTHEW GAUGE for the MWA Tag Team Championship [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY [/B]vs. STEVEN PARKER MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. [B]PRIMUS ALLEN [/B]for the MWA Regional Championship [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON [/B]vs. CASEY VALENTINE ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. [B]IZAAK TISCHLER [/B]for control of the MWA [B]ALICIA STRONG [/B]vs. WANDA FISH in an Ultimate Submission Match

[B]GREG GAUGE (c)[/B] vs. JOEY POISON for the MWA Rising Star Title [B]FIRE & ICE (c)[/B] vs. SAM KEITH & MATTHEW GAUGE for the MWA Tag Team Championship MEAN JEAN CATTLEY vs. [B]STEVEN PARKER[/B] MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. [B]PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] vs. CASEY VALENTINE [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] vs. IZAAK TISCHLER for control of the MWA ALICIA STRONG vs. [B]WANDA FISH[/B] in an Ultimate Submission Match

[B]GREG GAUGE (c)[/B] vs. JOEY POISON for the MWA Rising Star Title I don't see Greg losing this quickly, but I don't see it being a clean win either. [B]FIRE & ICE (c)[/B] vs. SAM KEITH & MATTHEW GAUGE for the MWA Tag Team Championship The Gauge's just can't manage a sweep. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY vs. [B]STEVEN PARKER[/B] Parker's fell prey to two attacks now, and gets his revenge in a match. MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. [B]PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship I think Allen is destined for big things, and this is just the beginning. [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] vs. CASEY VALENTINE Flip-A-Coin match. I think Newton has a better chance to win, though. ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. [B]IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] for control of the MWA Can't really debut whoever this mystery worker is without Izaak winning. ALICIA STRONG vs. [B]WANDA FISH[/B] in an Ultimate Submission Match Strong won the last one, I think Wanda takes this one. Plus, leads into a nice stable of sorts with Izaak's victory.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Battleground”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Sunday of Week 3, March 2013[/I] Held at the Utah Park Reservation in the South West Territory 12,120 in attendance; Buy-rate of 1.74[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]GREG GAUGE (c) vs. JOEY POISON [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Things got off to a bang right away with this match. Joey was focused and determined ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“More so than we’ve seen in him for months now,”[/COLOR] the Rev observed). He was all over Greg the minute the bell rang and scored a quick fall within a minute, but Greg kicked out almost immediately. And so it went, back and forth. The two traded blows and pinfalls. In the end, Joey managed to hit an Antidote Web. But Greg easily kicked out. Joey seemed a bit frustrated but started to set the Web up again. But when he rolled this time, Greg came out on top and managed to get Joey twisted into the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 11:37 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) Casey Valentine said that there had been a lot of chatter on the web about whether or not he was jealous of Davis and was trying to sabotage his chances of getting in good with the new boss. Casey admitted that he was trying to sabotage Davis’s chances, but not because of jealousy. It was because he could see the writing on the wall. He was sure things were going to change dramatically tonight and he wanted to benefit from it. He felt he was more deserving than Davis Wayne Newton and he would prove it tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 3) Joey Beauchamp appeared on screen. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Remember me? Well, the wankers in the booking committee apparently don’t, so now I’m stuck on interview duty for the night. I’ve been asked to go around and ask people who they think the Booking Committee Insider is. Such a great utilization of my skills, you know? Well, let’s start with this sod.”[/COLOR] The “sod” turned out to be Ash Campbell, who said he didn’t have any idea who the Insider was. He said that he wasn’t sure what to think of the whole thing, since on the one hand, he felt that he was being held back but, at the same time, the MWA was his first real wrestling job and he knew I gave it to him. Joey finally rolled his eyes and cut Ash off, thanking him for his “brilliant” insight into the situation. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 4) A video played, reminding folks of how the relationship between Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker have disintegrated. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 5) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] And this is with good chemistry. Wow. I suppose it’s because I wanted the audience to get a chance to catch their breath for the long haul, but still. At any rate, these two tore into each other. Mean Jean seemed willing to talk things out, but Parker wasn’t. He smacked Mean Jean around a bit before the other fought back and the match really got started. They traded blows back and forth until finally, Mean Jean tore the cover off a turnbuckle. Referee Shane Stones was right there to scold him and tie it back on. While Stones’s back was turned, Mean Jean quickly low-blowed Parker, poked him in the eye for good measure, and then fired off a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 9:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) At ringside, I said that I normally wasn’t all that nervous about the outcomes of the matches. But since I have a personal stake in the outcome of the main event, I was dealing with a bad case of butterflies in the stomach. That segued into a video shot earlier in the day of Ernest Youngman and me talking. I urged him to go out there and wipe the smirk off of Izaak Tischler’s face and send the Insider, whoever it was, packing. Youngman promised he would, saying that I had nothing to worry about. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Sam Keith found Matthew Gauge backstage. Matt was taping up his wrists for the match against Fire & Ice. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Great that you could deign us with your presence,” [/COLOR]Sam observed. Matt rolled his eyes. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Let’s just get this over with, shall we?”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 8) [B]FIRE & ICE (c) vs. SAM KEITH & MATTHEW GAUGE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Sam didn’t quite seem to know what to make of his son. Matthew didn’t seem entirely there. He would tag in and out but it was with lackluster enthusiasm. On the whole, Remmy came out of this match looking really good. He tore it up in the early going before the Gauges started working him over. He finally tagged in Junior, who simply cleaned house and finally took out Sam Keith with a Triangle Choke. The second Sam tapped, Matthew hopped off the ring and trudged to the back. WINNERS: [B]Fire & Ice [/B]in 12:02 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Now Davis Wayne Newton fired off an angry promo at Casey Valentine, saying that Casey wasn’t going to deny him his destiny. He was going to destroy him and prove his worth to the Insider. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) Backstage, Sam Keith found Matt Gauge and demanded to know what was with him. Missing MWA shows for some Japanese tour, phoning in a match. Sam said that if Greg had been teaming with him, things would have been different.... Matt exploded, saying that Greg was all Sam could talk about lately. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Isn’t Greg wonderful? Doesn’t he look good in his Rising Star Title belt? I’m sick of it, Dad! Why do you think I keep going to Japan? I need to get away from all the crap you keep spewing. And speaking of which, I have a plane to catch.”[/COLOR] With that, Matt shoved his way past Sam and stormed out of the room. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 11) Joey Beauchamp was still backstage. Apparently he wasn’t taking his assignment seriously as he was lounging against a wall drinking a cup of coffee. When he realized the camera was on, he tossed the cup away and forced a cheesy smile to his face. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So who is the Insider? Let’s see if we can find someone else to ask...”[/COLOR] Joey looked over the likely prospects, all of whom were just backstage workers that Joey deemed too ugly, too stupid, or too boring to interview. But then, much to his surprise, he spotted a familiar face: [CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/scapino1974/TEW2005/EmmaChase.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“[B]Emma Chase[/B]!” [/COLOR]Joey Beauchamp called. Emma didn’t look too happy at being spotted. Joey greeted her enthusiastically, reminding her who he was. Emma didn’t seem to remember. Joey finally asked what she was doing here. She said she was there to see the show and meet someone. Joey asked if it was the Insider. Emma told him to mind his own business. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) Mainstream Hernandez appeared on screen. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I know with all the hoopla about the Insider, it’s easy to forget that there’s a wrestling show going on right now. But don’t worry, I’m here to jog your memory. Sit back and enjoy the show, folks. And Primus? No hard feelings, man. This is just what happens when you cross me.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 13) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. PRIMUS ALLEN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] These two tore it up from the second the bell sounded and put on a great match. They just flowed together perfectly. Primus was a rampaging bull that Mainstream could barely stay a step ahead of in the early going. Eventually, though, Primus caught him and battered him around the ring. Mainstream managed to rally a few times, but Primus was quick to shut him down each time. In the end, Primus had set Mainstream up for a Tree of Woe spear in the corner. But as Primus charged in, Mainstream not only managed to shake his foot free, he somersaulted over and rolled up in time to plant a Super Kick square in Primus’s face. Primus blinked once and collapsed to the mat, allowing Mainstream to get the pin. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 15:53 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 14) Joey Beauchamp has found someone else to interview, namely Hugh de Aske. Hugh went off about how he didn’t know who the Insider was, but he was impressed with the mutiny the Insider had created. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Truly piratical of ye, matey!”[/COLOR] The interview, however, was cut short as the Calamari Kid came out of nowhere and attacked Hugh. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 15) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] These two put on a pretty good match together. You could tell that they were holding back a little; I suspect these two could have done a little better if I let them cut loose. At any rate, Davis seemed more determined to hurt Casey than pin him, which ultimately wound up hurting his chances. More often than not, Casey was able to duck or dodge Davis’s offense since the latter’s fury blinded him. There were a few times where Davis managed to catch up with Casey and almost took him out; there were equal number of times where Casey did the same to Davis. In the end, though, what finished the match was a set of brass knuckles Casey had tucked in his boot. He used them to knock Davis senseless and then hid them in his trunks to make the pin. WINNER: [B]Casey Valentine [/B]in 11:01 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 16) A video played, hyping the feud between Alicia Strong and Wanda Fish, stressing the epic nature of the clashes. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 17) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. WANDA FISH [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]an Ultimate Submission Match[/COLOR] As I suspected, I should have gone with a different match stipulation for these two. It was a good match, no question. It’s just that when people think of this feud, they’ll remember the second match instead of this one. The two ladies got in each other’s face before the bell could ring, talking smack back and forth. The minute the bell rang, Wanda hauled off to deck Alicia, but Alicia ducked the blow and, much to everyone’s surprise, dropped Wanda to the mat and got her in the Strong Arm Tactic. Wanda quickly tapped out, which the Rev said was good strategy: “Better to save your energy for later. Sure, she’s down 1-0 right now, but Wanda’s enough of a veteran to know she’ll just waste energy trying to break the hold.” The match continued with both ladies stepping up their game. Wanda finally scored her first submission with a Blonde Ambition about ten minutes in. At eighteen minutes in, Alicia hit a Strong Interaction out of desperation that knocked both women senseless for a minute or two. Wanda recovered first and resorted to a move that I called a “Krippler maneuver,” one that Wanda must have borrowed from a colleague, bringing the match to 2-1. You could read the desperation in Alicia’s face at this point. She fought back hard, trying to bring down Wanda again as the clock continued to tick down. Finally, with only thirty seconds on the clock, Alicia managed to get Wanda into the Strong Arm Tactic again. Wanda screamed in pain as referee Shane Stones checked on her. The Rev asked me what would happen if Wanda tapped out now. I said that it would have to be “sudden death.” Turns out we didn’t need to worry. Wanda held out until after the clock struck zero. Shane had to order Alicia to break the hold and then raised Wanda’s hand in victory. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish (2-1)[/B] in 30:00 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 18) Joey Beauchamp was wandering backstage, looking for more victims. He paused outside a door and decided to peek inside. He did so, asking if anyone in there knew who the Insider was. He froze before he could step through the door. His jaw dropped open and he managed to whisper [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Bugger me!”[/COLOR] Izaak Tischler stepped through the door and slammed it shut. He then shoved Joey against the far wall and suggested he take the rest of the night off. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for Joey; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for Izaak 19) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. IZAAK TISCHLER [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]control of the MWA[/COLOR] Oops. My bad. Ernest was visibly tiring toward the end of this match, which kind of sagged in the middle. In short, this shouldn’t have been the main event. I’m hoping it doesn’t hurt us too badly. At any rate, Ernest and Izaak locked up right from the get go, then broke and traded some skull-rattling blows. The momentum swung back and forth and Ernest wound up resorting to a few too many rest holds for my liking. The Rev tried to cover up for the saggy middle by asking me what I would do if Izaak wound up winning. I said it wasn’t over until the Fat Lady sang. Cue the music. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 36:37 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 20) Izaak got the mic and nudged Ernest out of the ring with his toe. He said that it was time to meet the new boss ... John Campbell! The audience didn’t seem too sure of who that was, but they quickly caught on as a massive individual came out the ring entrance: [CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/scapino1974/TEW2005/Nemisis.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Once they saw who it was, the chant started up: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Ne-me-sis! Ne-me-sis!”[/COLOR] Nemesis took the mic from Izaak and then turned to me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“First order of business: Scap, back your stuff and get out of my arena. You’re fired!”[/COLOR] Nemesis then promised some grand, sweeping changes to the MWA with him in charge. He called it the start of a new era, and the show ended with him and Izaak raising each other’s hands in victory. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the reveal; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the firing; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the celebration [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Well, it wasn’t all bad. Some of the matches didn’t go off quite as I had hoped, but I guess I shouldn’t be too picky. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Battleground”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Greg Gauge (c) defeated Joey Poison to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Titl[/COLOR]e [/I]- B- [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Fire & Ice (c) defeated Sam Keith & Matthew Gauge to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez (c) defeated Primus Allen to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Casey Valentine defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Alicia Strong in [COLOR="Purple"]an Ultimate Submission Match [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Ernest Youngman [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scapino1974;267199]18) Joey Beauchamp was wandering backstage, looking for more victims. He paused outside a door and decided to peek inside. He did so, asking if anyone in there knew who the Insider was. He froze before he could step through the door. His jaw dropped open and he managed to whisper [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Bugger me!”[/COLOR] [/QUOTE] Couldn't have said it better myself. Now, I'lll say right not that I'm only interested in bringing people out of retirement for special matches if there's a good reason for it. Saying that, I want to see Campbell back in the ring by... I'll make it August. End of the year if you must.

[QUOTE=Mtm2k6;267370]Screw Nemesis, Emma Chase is better ;)[/QUOTE] You go ahead and screw Nemesis ... I'd rather screw Emma Chase ... er ... as much as you could screw a completely fictional character represented by a cartoon image on the monitor ... ah, um, nevermind.

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Tuesday of Week 4, March 2013 -[/I][/B] I stumbled out of my office, feeling a bit numb. Davis Wayne Newton, who had been hanging out by the door, fell into step with me. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So how did it go?” [/COLOR]Davis asked. I shook my head. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“He’s walking.”[/COLOR] Davis swore under his breath and I really couldn’t disagree with the sentiment. For the past three days I had been in deep negotiations with Casey Valentine. Apparently Casey had an inflated sense of his worth; he kept asking (more like demanding) more and more money for each appearance, a higher downside, more merchandise revenue. Worse, the numbers kept getting bigger and bigger each time I talked to him. He finally had enough and decided he should walk, so in three weeks, Casey would be gone. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So now what am I going to do?”[/COLOR] Davis asked. I winced. Casey and Davis’s feud was supposed to drag on for a while. Based on a quick dark match we had a few weeks ago, it should have been a great series of matches. Now, though... [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We’ll wrap up your storyline with Casey quickly,”[/COLOR] I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And you’re going to bury the ungrateful hack. You okay with that?”[/COLOR] Davis nodded glumly. I couldn’t blame him. Things kind of went a bit haywire with the transition to Nemesis’s “control” of the MWA. Casey was just the latest blow. I had been trying to find some new, talented workers who could help take us even higher. I tried bringing in a talented Hispanic worker who called himself “Champagne Lover.” That, sadly, didn’t go anywhere; C.L. apparently thought he wouldn’t make enough money with us. I had also tried bringing in Angry Gilmore, another refugee from the slowly sinking SWF. Angry, however, turned us down as well, saying we were too small. That, along with the minor headache of Matthew Gauge touring with PGHW in Japan for the next two months, really had me down. Davis and I walked into the arena where several workers were warming up and practicing for the next show. Wanda and Alicia looked up from their conversation. Wanda’s face must have mirrored mine; she looked positively sick. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That bad?” [/COLOR]Alicia asked. I nodded, then sighed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It’s not the end of the world. We already have some good storylines brewing and we’ll just keep doing what we’re doing. I’m thinking we’ll have to reshuffle the roster in a major way to plug up some holes and balance things out. Nothing too drastic ... I hope.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So what about us?” [/COLOR]Wanda asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I know Alicia and my feud is over. What will we be doing?”[/COLOR] I hesitated. I had considered tossing Wanda or Alicia into the Grand Championship title hunt but it felt too soon. I wanted to build it up some more. Alicia smiled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Don’t worry, boss,” [/COLOR]she said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’ve got an idea for how we can continue this storyline in what should be a fun way. Let me make some calls and see what I can set up.”[/COLOR]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, March 2013[/I] Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid South Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. The Rev seemed particularly distraught that Emma was sharing the announce table. He said that a lot of changes had been made to the MWA and that this was just the beginning. He introduced a video clip shot by the MWA’s new boss, John “Nemesis” Campbell, earlier that day: 1) Nemesis, dressed in a sharp suit and tie, appeared on screen behind a massive oak desk. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hey there. You all might be a bit surprised that I’m the booking committee insider. Scap brought me onto the board as a silent partner but after what I’ve seen the past coupla weeks, I realized I can’t be silent any more. “That’s why I’ve seized control of the MWA. Things are gonna be a bit different from here on out. For starters, John ‘Scapino’ Otte has been fired. He ain’t gonna be around any more. That’s why I brought in Emma Chase. She’ll bring a nice balance to the announcing with her unique perspective on things. “Second, we’re changin’ one of the Pay-Per-Views. Normally in April, the MWA has the ‘Rip Chord Memorial Show.’ Well, not anymore. Did anyone else thinks it was a little weird that the MWA remembered a guy who never even worked for the company? Sure, Rip was a good guy an’ all that, but he had nothin’ to do with the MWA, so what’s the deal? “So now the April show will be called ‘Masters of the Ring.’ But that ain’t the only change. There’s gonna be a special title that people can win only at that show, the MWA Ringmaster. Startin’ tonight, we’re gonna have a tournament to figure out who will face off for the Ringmaster Title. “Here’s the last change: some-a the guys and gals on the roster have been coolin’ their heels. I don’t think they should be drawin’ a paycheck if they ain’t workin’, ya know? So this is what we’re going to do: the six laziest workers in the MWA are gonna have a match. The winner will be put into the Ringmaster Title. As for the loser ... well, there’s gonna be consequences.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Cutting back to the live show, a camera outside Nemesis’s office caught a glimpse of the boss leaving. Before he could take two steps, he found himself face to face with a furious Jay Chord. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Rip Chord had nothing to do with the MWA?” [/COLOR]Jay demanded hotly. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You’re going to insult my father by taking away the only thing that’s been dedicated to him in professional wrestling?”[/COLOR] Nemesis held up his hands. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Hey, kid, I liked your old man an’ all that, but we gotta get with the times. No more of this mushy sentimentality.”[/COLOR] Jay took a step closer to Nemesis and looked about ready to throttle him. Nemesis smiled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Go ahead. Lay a hand on me. See what happens.”[/COLOR] Jay snarled and backed down. With one final dirty look, he stormed away. Nemesis chuckled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Thought so.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. HUGH de ASKE [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a First Round Match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the Ringmaster Title[/COLOR] Pretty decent way to kick off the show. Emma and the Rev spent most of it sniping at each other, though, but oddly, that seemed to fit just fine. It actually boosted the drama of the match. In the end, Des ran over Hugh with a vicious clothesline and got the pin. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 7:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) But Des wasn’t done yet. He started stomping on Hugh repeatedly and it took both refs to drag him off of Hugh. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What was that about?” [/COLOR]the Rev demanded. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) Sam Keith was backstage looking pretty angry. Greg Gauge tried to talk to him about whatever was bothering him, but Sam refused to talk. Greg finally guessed that it was Matt. Sam told Greg not to mention that name ever again and stormed out of the room. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Wanda Fish appeared on screen and said that she had proven she was the greatest women’s competitor of all time. She had put Alicia Strong in her place. She went on to taunt Alicia, making it sound as if the outcome of their feud was never in question. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) Casey Valentine came out to the ring and started taunting Davis Wayne Newton. He pointed out the fact that Davis lost at “Battleground.” He said that he, Casey, had proven the better wrestler, that Nemesis would undoubtedly have great things for him. Before he could say much more, though, Davis charged the ring and beat him down. The Rev called for help; Emma instead suggested that a ref be sent out so Davis and Casey could settle their differences once and for all. Apparently Nemesis was listening to Emma, not the Rev. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the taunting; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the attack 8) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. CASEY VALENTINE [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a street fight[/COLOR] It was vicious, it was brutal, and Casey looked completely lost out there. Davis beat the ever living snot out of him. The few times Casey managed to rally, Davis simply batted his offense aside and kept up the pummeling. In the end, Davis smashed a chair over Casey’s head and then hung back and waited for Jez McArthuer to make a ten count. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 8:51 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) Alicia Strong was backstage and didn’t look too happy. But then her cell phone rang. She answered it and seemed surprised to be talking to whoever it was. We only heard Alicia’s end of the conversation, but apparently someone was coming to pay Alicia a visit. Alicia hung up the phone with a faint smile on her lips. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Mean Jean Cattley appeared on screen and taunted Steven Parker, saying that Parker had learned his place finally. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 11) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. STEVE GUMBLE vs. THOMAS MORGAN vs. ASH CAMPBELL vs. FUMIHIRO OTA vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] A really good free-for-all. It helped that a lot of these guys (and gal) are good high fliers. That led for some great moments, such as the multiple planchas over the top rope, culminating in all six people lying in a heap at ringside. But in the end, Joey Beauchamp took down Ash Campbell with a Swinging Neckbreaker and managed to get the pin. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 12:50 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) As the competitors cleared out of the ring, Ash looked particularly despondent. Then out came Nemesis. Father joined son in the ring. Nemesis put an arm around Ash’s shoulder then said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Ash ... you’re fired.”[/COLOR] Nemesis then called for security to escort a stunned Ash out of the arena. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) Ernest Youngman now came out to the ring. Before the match could get started, he got the mic and asked the crowd if this was the kind of MWA they wanted, where father fires son heartlessly. He said that already the MWA was betraying its roots. He dedicated his match to “Scap,” saying that he hoped to win the entire Ringmaster tournament to prove that my vision had been best. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. VEN[/B]GEANCE What a surprise. Two high card people with bad chemistry, something I’ve never seen before. Sarcasm aside, these two were able to overcome some of it. Vengeance, oddly, seemed pretty angry and started tearing Ernest apart. The younger worker had to accept some abuse before fighting back, ultimately taking Vengeance down after a Missile Drop Kick. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 8:01 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 15) After the match was over, Ernest went over to Vengeance and offered him his hand. Vengeance took one look at him and then stormed out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 16) Backstage, Greg Gauge was on his cell phone. He waited a few nervous minutes before talking. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Matt? It’s Greg. Look, I hate to bother you while you’re on tour, but you really need to talk to Dad. He’s really sore about what happened a few days ago and I think you two should talk. Good luck.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 17) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. WANDA FISH[/B] Finally, some good chemistry! These two just clicked in the ring and it really lifted the match, even though there was an apparent lack of psychology. Remmy maintained his cool, detached demeanor and that seemed to unnerve Wanda a bit. But she quickly rallied and they put on a great fight, one that ended with Wanda getting Remmy into the Blonde Ambition. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 9:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 18) Before Wanda could leave the ring, Alicia came out. Wanda got a mic and told Alicia to hold it right there, that they were done. Alicia acknowledged that, but said that the way Wanda had conducted herself was going to come back to haunt her. She said someone didn’t like the dishonorable way and that whoever this was wanted to face Wanda in the ring at “Masters of the Ring.” Wanda laughed off the threat and said that whoever Alicia’s friend was didn’t scare her. She’d destroy them the same way she destroyed Alicia. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] [U][B]THE AFTERMATH[/B][/U] Good show. The last match really lifted things. We got a rating of 5.84. Oh, and Ash Campbell was fired. I just couldn’t get a good match out of him. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Des Davids defeated Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Casey Valentine in a street fight [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Ash Campbell, Joanne Rodriguez, Thomas Morgan, Steve Gumble, and Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Vengeance [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Remmy Skye [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Sunday of Week 4, March 2013 -[/I][/B] Here’s a shocker: Robbie Retro is on his way out of the SWF! Apparently he doesn’t think the SWF is big enough for him anymore. That ought to show everyone how bad Richard Eisen has it right now. To have Robbie Retro walk on you? Wow. [B][I]Monday of Week 1, April 2013 - [/I][/B]The Rev surprised me today by letting me know that he was retiring from active competition. Good thing he’s only doing color for me. But in other news, Optimus is retiring in Japan. I don’t know many Japanese wrestlers, but there’s one name that I recognize. The one that really surprised me was Katharina Stevanovic, one of the workers I discovered in the SWF. Apparently she’s had enough and is retiring as well!

Archived