MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

Phew! I'm finally caught up with all the MWA happenings and I'm loving me a bit of Hugh de Aske. Never played far enough into a game to use him myself but always wanted to get a good pirate going in a diary game. Only ever managed my own Crew in private games :) As always, lots of good work here and I'm glad I caught up as you head into a potentially huge time for MWA. Usually at Cult you can get your PPV deal and start to make some fairly significant money, assuming the misc expenses don't fight back too hard. I'd love to see Kovach make a return to the diary sometime, he always was my favourite back in SWF. From experience, you should be able to sign people up to around B- overness (I think the cut off is in that bracket somewhere) so that will open up a lot of possibilities for you. As always, I wish I could snoop around your roster to see exactly how far everyone has progressed but I won't even ask you to let me do that. That would just be too rude.... although if I somehow commandeered the files, I'm sure Hugh wouldn't mind. ;) Derek B

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, July 2012[/I] Held at the North Carolina Biker Museum in the Mid Atlantic Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone to the show. 1) Des Davids came out to a pretty decent fanfare. He said that it was great to be in North Carolina (earning him a cheap pop). He then got right down to business. He said that he came to the MWA with one goal in mind: to get some gold. He said he came close to doing so at “Ascendant.” That just whetted his appetite. He turned toward the entrance and issued a challenge to Jay Chord for tonight. Jay came out and said that he was game. He said that Des may enjoy being in North Carolina now, but he won’t feel that way when Jay’s done with him. But then Alicia Strong’s music hit. She came out and glared at Jay. Jay glared back but got out of the way. Alicia said that it was great that Des had his title shot, but that amateur hour was over. It was time to get down to the Grand Championship. She said unfortunately, Hugh de Aske wasn’t in North Carolina tonight. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s too bad, because I came here for one reason: to get my title back. That gold is mine and everyone knows it.”[/COLOR] But then Joey Beauchamp came out and started laughing. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Here’s one person who begs to differ! That title hasn’t been yours for a long time or have we forgotten how distracted you’ve been by your former lover? As far as I’m concerned, I have as much right to that title as you. More, in fact. That’s why I plan to be in the ring against Hugh at ‘Taste of Fame.’”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You’ll have to get through me first,” [/COLOR]Alicia shot back. Joey smiled broadly. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Best offer I’ve heard all night, love.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge and the acceptance; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for Joey and Alicia’s argument 2) [B]JUNIOR vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] You could read the contempt in Ota’s eyes as he got into the ring with our Rising Star. At least I think it was contempt. Maybe Ota shouldn’t wear that full ninja costume anymore; hard to tell what he’s feeling. At any rate, he quickly learned that Junior shouldn’t be underestimated. The bell had barely rung and Junior was on him in a flash. Ota had to scramble out of the ring to catch his breath for a moment or two while Jez restrained Junior. Ota never really recovered. He got in some offense, but every time he got started, Junior would duck a punch or slip under a kick and then be all over him again. Ota finally rolled out of the ring, retrieved the Rising Star Title belt, and used it to bash in Junior’s head. WINNER: [B]Junior by DQ [/B]in 10:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) Ota wasn’t done, though. He tossed the belt aside and started stomping on Junior, kicking her a few times in the stomach and then grinding his foot into her throat. That’s when Remmy Skye hit the ring and tried to help. But Ota saw him coming. He snapped his leg around with a roundhouse kick that knocked Remmy out cold. Ota then looked at the two of them, laughed, and rolled out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 4) A video played, reminding folks of how Greg Gauge accused Steven Parker of taking out his brother and how Parker then took out Gauge in turn. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 5) In a video shot earlier in the day, Steven Parker ran into Davis Wayne Newton backstage. Davis was furious with Parker. It turns out that this past week, the MWA Booking Committee stripped Davis and Matthew Gauge of the tag titles due to Matthew’s injury. Like Greg, Davis blamed Parker for it. Parker didn’t see the problem. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Look, it was great that you kept busy while I was out with my own injury, but now we can get our team back together again! What’s more, Future Threat could be the tag champs easily. This is a golden opportunity.”[/COLOR] Davis retorted that Parker was assuming too much, that he shouldn’t be so sure that Davis would even want to be in Future Threat anymore. He said he’d much rather fight Parker than fight with him. Parker said that was fair. He suggested they do just that. They’ll meet in the ring. If Davis wins, Future Threat will be no more. But if Parker wins, they stick together and go after the tag team titles again. Davis didn’t think about it for long and readily agreed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 6) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] An okay match all things considered. Neither Parker nor Davis seemed to hold much back, something that the Rev thought was rather foolish. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Both men should be hedging their bets right now,”[/COLOR] he observed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“If Davis loses, he’ll need to work with Parker. And Parker wants to work with Davis. That’ll be hard to do if he scrambles Davis’s brains.”[/COLOR] Finally it looked like Davis was picking up some steam and it would shortly be over. Parker quickly retreated to one corner, hiding behind Jez for protection. Jez didn’t look too happy about it but kept Davis at a distance anyway. While Jez and Davis argued, Parker slipped a pair of brass knuckles out of his trunks and slipped them on. He then surged past Jez and decked Davis, knocking the other man out. Parker quickly tossed the knucks out of the ring while Jez stared at Davis in shock. Parker then quickly made the pin. WINNER: [B]Steven Parker [/B]in 7:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) A video played of highlights from Jay and Des’s match at “Ascendant.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] These two didn’t hold back anything either (although I think they were supposed to). Really a great match with them trading some stiff blows. The fight spilled out of the ring and into the arena. Jez started counting them out but they didn’t care. It finally ended when Jez shrugged, hit “ten” and signaled for the bell. WINNER: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 6:04 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 9) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. JAY CHORD (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Wow. The crowd ate this one up. Jay sneered at his hometown fans as he went out to the ring. Des came out next, focused on his opponent in the ring. The two men went toe-to-toe and Jay held up the title belt for Des to see, getting in his face and saying something that the mics didn’t pick up. Whatever it was, Des didn’t appreciate it. The challenger tore into the champ, knocking Jay a little silly. Jez quickly shoved the title belt out of the ring as Des whipped Jay into the ropes and nearly flipped him with a running clothesline. This was followed by a few swift kicks to Jay’s back. Des then tried to set Jay up for a powerbomb but the Regional Champ managed to slip out and quickly scrambled out of the ring to catch his breath. He shouted some abuse at the ringside fans but then got dragged back into the ring by his hair. The match continued. Des tried to go for another finisher but Jay shut him down quickly with a well-timed punch to the throat. Jay was able to put together a series of blows that took Des down. Jay quickly covered him, only to have Des kick out. Jay hauled Des to his feet again and went through another chain of moves, finishing with a tilt-a-whirl back-breaker. A second pin attempt was thwarted when Des kicked out. Jay looked a little frustrated as he pulled Des up and laid into him again. This time, though, Des recovered and fought back. He got in some good licks before the champ once again shut him down with a boot to the gut and a twisting neckbreaker. Jay propped Des up in one corner and repeatedly punched him in the face. He finally pulled him out to the middle of the ring and set him up for a Cradle Piledriver. Des suddenly started kicking his legs. He threw Jay off balance and the two flipped with Des suddenly holding Jay up on his back. Des then fell back in what the Rev called an [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“almost Samoan drop,” [/COLOR]noting that while it was a bit sloppy, it worked. The two men lay on the mat twitching. Jay rolled over first and draped an arm over Des’s chest. Des kicked out easily. The two men wobbled to their feet and traded some punches before finally, Jay tried to get Des into the Super DDT. Des blocked it and slipped out, finally flipping Jay up onto his shoulders for a sit-out spinebuster. Jay convulsed for a second after impact and Des made the pin. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 10:09 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Another good show. We got a rating of 0.80. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Junior defeated Fumihiro Ota by DQ [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Steven Parker defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong drew with Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids defeated Jay Chord (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/I][/COLOR] - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, July 2012[/I] Held at Grissom Auditorium in the South West Territory 2,000 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone to the show. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“The MWA continues to expand and grow with our first show in Nevada!”[/COLOR] the Rev crowed. 1) In a segment shot earlier, Jay Chord was waiting by the arena entrance. When I came through the door, he stopped me and said he wanted to talk to me about a match at “Taste of Fame.” [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Let me guess,” [/COLOR]I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You want a rematch against Des Davids, right?”[/COLOR] Jay laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“For the Regional Championship? He can keep that gold-plated joke. No, I want Hugh de Aske.”[/COLOR] I laughed out loud and told Jay to get in line. He jogged after me, asking me to stop. When I did, he made his case. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Look, I know I made a mess of my two title reigns. It really bugs me too. That’s why I want a chance to redeem myself, not only in your eyes or the fans’ eyes, but also in my eyes too. Just ... just think about it, all right?”[/COLOR] I examined his face carefully and promised that I would. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 2) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] I explained that Remmy wanted a chance to redeem himself as well after he messed up last week. Remmy did his level best but the Ninja proved to be too much for him. Ota put Remmy away with the Ninja Strike. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 7:02 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) Remmy stumbled backstage and came face to face with Junior. In her semi-fluent English, she chewed him out for interfering in her business last week. She said that she was strong, she was proud, and she was a fighter. Before Remmy could say another word, Junior demanded to see him in the ring at “Taste of Fame” so she could defend her Rising Star Title against him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) Izaak Tischler came out to the ring and said that he’s been feeling lonely lately. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“My old dance partner, Alicia, seems to have moved on to bigger and better things. Like she could find anyone better than me!”[/COLOR] He said that if she was going for gold, he would too. He said that if Jay Chord didn’t want to fight Des Davids, he would. He dared Des to step into the ring with him at “Taste of Fame.” Des came out and said that he’d be there and he would finish the job Alicia started. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response 5) [B]CITIZEN X vs. STEVE GUMBLE[/B] Wow. This match kind of fell apart and fizzled in the ring. I had thought these two would put on a great flying clinic, but the fans just didn’t care one way or the other, even as Gumble got the pin on X. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 9:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 6) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ & MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. THE TITANS[/B] Things improved a little with this match. The Rev commented that he had heard the Titans backstage predicting that they would reclaim the tag team titles. But I pointed out that Maintream and Joanne worked well enough together that they could wind up with them if they wanted. Joanne proved my point by finally putting Primus down with a J-Rocker. WINNERS: [B]Joanne Rodriguez & Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 8:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) The Titans did not look happy about their loss. They charged Mainstream and J-Ro and pounded them into the mat before finally stomping out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 8) Backstage, Steven Parker and Davis Wayne Newton were watching the match and the aftermath. Parker seemed particularly delighted in what he saw. He turned to Davis and said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“See, what did I tell you? The Titans are broken and if Mainstream and Joanne seriously throw their hats in the ring, we’ll just kick them down. We can be the champs again!”[/COLOR] Davis half-heartedly agreed with his partner. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) Hugh de Aske came out with his title. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Arrrr, it seems ol’ Hugh be a hot commodity right now. Everyone wants a piece o’ me gold. Alicia, Joey B., and now Jay Chord. ‘Tis enough to make yer head swim. “But I’m feelin’ in the mood for a bit of a scuffle. Alicia, why don’t you and me find out who’s the better man. I’ll even give ye a chance for ‘yer’ title.”[/COLOR] Alicia came out and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Better ‘man?’ Hugh, you’re looking at her.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the acceptance 10) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Another great main even match. The crowd was really hot for this one and Hugh and Alicia delivered accordingly. Things started a little slowly as the two competitors gauged each other’s strengths. There were a few tentative lock-ups. The first Hugh won and Alicia had to roll through a series of arm locks. The second Alicia won and almost took the match as she tried to get Hugh into the Strong Arm Tactic. But then it was on and they brawled through the ring and around it. Hugh looked every inch a champion but Alicia gave him a run for his money. She finally was about to put Hugh away when Joey Beauchamp charged the ring and smashed Alicia over the head with a steel chair. Jez immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong by DQ [/B]in 9:13 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) Hugh did not look happy about what happened and got in Joey’s face. The two exchanged angry words and finally, Hugh hauled off and decked Joey. Those two brawled as the show faded to black. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too shabby. If we can keep delivering main events like the one this week and the one from last week, we’ll do pretty well. The show garnered a rating of 0.81. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Fumihiro Ota defeated Remmy Skye -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Steve Gumble defeated Citizen X -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez & Mainstream Hernandez defeated the Titans -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Hugh de Aske (c) by DQ; Hugh retains [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Friday of Week 2, July 2012 -[/I][/B] The first thing I was aware of was someone pounding on my hotel room door. I groaned, rolling over, hoping that whoever it was would either get bored and leave or I would go deaf. Since neither happened within a minute or two, I grumbled something under my breath about booking whoever it was in a five-on-one handicap match and stumbled over to the door. I opened it and, much to my shock, Alicia Strong was standing there. She bounced up and down on her feet, words bubbling out of her so quickly my sleep-addled mind couldn’t keep up. She finally snared my hand and yanked me through the door, dragging me toward the elevator. As we rode down to the lobby, I tried to sift through her verbal barrage. I gathered it had something to do with the show last night, plus something about the Internet. But for whatever reason, I couldn’t focus long enough to really figure out what had her so worked up. When the doors opened, she steered me through the lobby. Only then did I realize that I hadn’t dressed at all; I was still wearing a pair of boxers and nothing else. That raised a few eyebrows. I smiled apologetically to the more offended hotel guests. Finally Alicia shoved me through the business center door. The Rev, Devorah Triton, and a few other wrestlers were waiting. Most of them snickered at my attire. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Nice boxers, boss,” [/COLOR]Jay Chord commented with a wry smirk. I glared at him. Maybe I would make it a six vs. two handicap match instead. Before I could say anything, the Rev took over for Alicia and shoved me into a chair, spinning me around to face the computer screen. I glanced at the browser window and saw that they had woken me up to go to ProWrestlingHits.com. I was about to chew them out when I saw the top story: [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA Expands[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] I read on. According to the folks at PWH, last night’s episode of Powerhouse was enough to push us to Cult size. That woke me up, especially when I realized something. The SWF was still Cult sized as well. I had caught up to Richard ... sort of. They were still more popular than us, but we were coming closer to overtaking them. I turned around, sleep and my near nudity the farthest things from my mind. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Now what?”[/COLOR] Devorah asked. I looked at her. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Now we hire some more talent. I’m guessing we’ll need a bigger roster if we’re that big. We’ll be holding bigger shows now ... and maybe it’s time for me to spam the pay-per-view carriers again.”[/COLOR] I smiled. Things just got more interesting. [B][I]Sunday of Week 2, July 2012 -[/I][/B] The SWF held the Supreme Challenge last night. They billed it as the biggest event in professional wrestling. If that’s true, then Richard really should worry. It was met with relative indifference; according to ProWrestlingHits.com, it was “decent but hardly spectacular.” The one surprise is that Chance Fortune captured the SWF World Heavyweight Championship. [B][I]Tuesday of Week 2, July 2012 -[/I][/B] Izaak Tischler just signed a pay-per-appearance deal with the SWF. I’m not sure how our new status will effect the guys who work other promotions. In the past, I’ve always lost Thomas Morgan to CGC and Ash Campbell to the SWF at our big shows. I don’t know if our new status will make them work for us instead. We’ll have to see. From MWA.com - [QUOTE]Be sure to watch Powerhouse this week for several important announcements - John “Scapino” Otte has some exciting news to share with all of the MWA’s fans. You won’t want to miss what he has to say![/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 3, July 2012[/I] Held at Perry Hall in the Great Lakes Territory 2,000 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev welcomed the audience to the show, then said that I had something to say. 1) Sure enough, I started out in the middle of the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. “I’m sure by now you’ve heard the news that the MWA is growing rapidly. We’ve been in talks with a lot of new wrestlers to join us in the coming weeks; as a matter of fact, one of our newest hires is here tonight and will be challenging Junior for her Rising Star Title. “But I didn’t get in the ring to announce that or to hear myself jaw. You’re here for action and you’ll certainly get it. Before we can start the matches, though, there is something I want to talk about. “Ever since we started airing Powerhouse, we’ve been getting complaints from our fans. People who saw the show were upset that we had our big shows only in the Garrison or here in Perry Hall. While some of them were okay with buying the DVDs, a lot more wished that they could see the show right away and not read about it on our website afterwards. “Well, starting this Sunday with ‘Taste of Fame,’ you are going to get your chance to see what the fuss is about. That’s right, the Midwest Wrestling Association is pleased to announce that we have signed a Pay-Per-View deal with USA Free Choice! That means from now on, you will be able to see all your favorite MWA wrestlers not only on Powerhouse, but also on Pay-Per-View! “Seeing as ‘Taste of Fame’ is going to be our first big show, we thought we’d put together two special matches for our fans. First of all, we need to crown new tag team champions. Unfortunately the Gauge Brothers will not be able to participate, but that’s okay, because it’ll still be a great triangle tag team match between Future Threat, the Titans, and the newest MWA tag team, the Latin Connection, namely Joanne Rodriguez and Mainstream Hernandez. “But that’s not all! There’s a veritable swarm of challengers for Hugh de Aske to face, so we thought it’d be great if he had to face them all. We’re even going to stir things up a bit. So this Sunday, you can expect to see Hugh de Aske face off against Alicia Strong, Joey Beauchamp, Jay Chord ... and Steve Gumble and a sixth mystery opponent.”[/COLOR] I paused for a moment. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Not good enough? Well, then, let’s make it a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match!”[/COLOR] That got the crowd going. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Thank you all for your support and we look forward to growing with you. Have a great evening!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the PPV announcement; [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the tag match announcement; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the main event announcement 2) The Rev, selling those announcements as best as he could, told folks that after Hugh and Joey B’s altercation last week, they’ve been signed into a non-title match tonight as well! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) As I resumed my seat at the announce table, I was intercepted by both Alicia Strong and Jay Chord. Apparently neither of them were happy with my decision, but they distracted each other and started arguing about who really deserved the title shot. I settled things by booking them in a match together tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 4) [B]JUNIOR (c) vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Casey Valentine, one of our new hires, came out and glared at Junior as she got in the ring. She glared right back and before Casey knew what was happening, she was all over him, raining down blows on his head and arms. Sadly, these two didn’t click in the ring, but Junior is starting to get over enough that the audience didn’t care. They just enjoyed watching her toss Casey around the ring before finally getting him to tap out with a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 8:45 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) Backstage, Remmy Skye was watching on a monitor, a not-so-happy look on his face. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 6) Joey Beauchamp appeared on screen and called Hugh a coward for not defending his title tonight. But he said that didn’t matter, not now that they were going to be facing each other at “Taste of Fame.” That’s right; he didn’t care that Jay or Alicia or Steve or anyone else was in that match with him. So far as he was concerned, it was all about him and Hugh. He promised that at the end of the night, he would be the champ. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) Izaak Tischler came out to the announce table and took a spare mic, saying that he was going to do some commentary on it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) [B]DES DAVIDS (c) vs. THOMAS MORGAN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] The match was pretty decent, but the real show was the commentary. Izaak and the Rev got into it, the Rev castigating his former pupil for his recent thuggish behavior. Izaak blew off his mentor’s concerns, saying that he was just getting the job done, just like he would this Sunday. As for the match itself, Thomas put up a good fight but Des put him down and out with a sleeper hold. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 7:38 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) A video played, hyping the history between Jay Chord and Alicia Strong. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Maybe I should have put this as the main event. I even told these two to take it easy, but did they listen to me? Of course not. The crowd couldn’t believe what they were seeing. Jay and Alicia put on another spectacular match. They have such great chemistry in the ring, I’m almost tempted to book them as the main event every show. I won’t, but it’s a tempting idea. Finally, after trading some truly great blows, Jay put Alicia down with a Cradle Piledriver for the win. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 9:47 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) Hugh de Aske came out to the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“After seein’ that, yarrrr, I’m almost a bit worried about this Sunday. Facin’ not only those two but Joey B and Steve Gumble? A tall order, mates, a tall order. “But ye should all know by now, I’m not afraid of a fight. Not in the least. Pirates aren’t cowards. We’re crafty instead. And that’s what all those challengers will learn this Sunday and what Joey is about to learn right now.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) [B]HUGH de ASKE vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] I should have seen this coming. The crowd got burned out on the previous match and our main event was met with relative indifference. I say relative because, although it was a good match, it was nowhere as good as Jay vs. Alicia. Hugh and Joey tried to get the crowd as stoked as they were before, but nothing worked. That bothered them a bit, but they soldiered on. In the end, Joey surprised everyone by taking Hugh down and pinning him quickly. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 11:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] That last match dragged us down. I should have reversed it, but it didn’t seem right putting our champ in the second-to-last match. At any rate, we got a rating of 0.80. And just some FYI. USA Free Choice, our PPV carrier, also carries TCW, the largest US promotion right now. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] Junior (c) defeated Casey Valentine to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] Des Davids (c) defeated Thomas Morgan to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] Jay Chord defeated Alicia Strong - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] Joey Beauchamp defeated Hugh de Aske - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to order [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] this Sunday exclusively on Pay-Per-View![/CENTER] That’s right! Now you don’t have to miss out on the biggest shows of the year. You can enjoy the incredible action and suspense of the Midwest Wrestling Association from the comfort of your own home! See the following matches: [B][I]Junior defends her [COLOR="Red"]Rising Star Title [/COLOR]against Remmy Skye -[/I][/B] Junior is a scrapper and never backs down from a fight. That’s why she’s won her title. Does Remmy have what it takes to take it away from her? [B][I]It’s Future Threat vs. the Titans vs. the Latin Connection with [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR]in the balance -[/I][/B] With Matthew Gauge sidelined with an injury, the booking committee had no choice but to strip him and Davis Wayne Newton of the titles. So who will come out victorious in this three-way brawl? Will the Titans or Future Threat claim the gold? Or will newly formed Latin Connection become tag team champs for the first time? [I][B]Izaak Tischler tries to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]from Des Davids [/B][/I]- Des has made an impact since coming to the MWA. Now he’s caught the attention of Izaak Tischler. Will Izaak be able to humiliate the newly crowned regional champ? Or will Des rise to the occasion and retain? [B][I]Hugh de Aske defends his [COLOR="red"]MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]against Joey Beauchamp, Alicia Strong, Jay Chord, Steve Gumble, and a mystery opponent in [COLOR="Purple"]a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match [/COLOR]-[/I][/B] What a better way to close out the MWA’s first pay-per-view with a match that’s certain to go down in history. There’s no way to predict who will come out on top: Hugh has proven to be a wily champ whereas Jay and Alicia have both held the gold before. Joey and Steve are hungry for the strap and there’s still the wild card of the unknown opponent to deal with. The real winners will be the fans, though, because how can you miss with a match like this? [CENTER]All this and so much more this Sunday on [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame!”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER] As always, comments, predictions, etc. are welcome.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] Sunday of Week 3, July 2012 Held at the Missouri State Armoury in the Mid West Territory 4,750 in attendance; Buyrate of 0.23[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the crowd to the first ever Pay-Per-View of the Midwest Wrestling Association. 1) Things started with Jay Chord in the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“This is the way to kick things off ... with the soon-to-be Grand Champion in the ring and the future of this company ... no, of this whole industry. Me. Jay Chord.” He waited for the boos to die down. “Oh, sure, you may hate me now, but you all know you want me to be the one to climb up that ladder later tonight and get that title. You all know that Hugh de Aske is a joke and that the true champ is and always has been yours truly. Tonight, I meet my destiny and when I do, I will make sure that you all can ride on my coattails into our glorious future.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So is he going to wrestle or is he running for President?” [/COLOR]the Rev asked as Jay walked out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) [B]JUNIOR (c) vs. REMMY SKYE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Not an auspicious start. This match wound up bringing the crowd’s mood down. I think Junior did her best, but Remmy’s fallen out of favor with the crowd recently. I think he’s been shoved down the roster by the more over stars we’ve been bringing in. Whatever the case, people were relieved when Junior took Remmy down with a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior [/B]in 7:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) Junior was celebrating her win when Fumihiro Ota charged into the ring. He stalked her for a bit. When she turned, he whipped out a vicious roundhouse kick that knocked her cold. He sneered at her (again, hard to tell thanks to the ninja regalia) and then strutted out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) Joey Beauchamp now appeared and said that he was obviously going to win the match. He reminded folks that out of all the competitors, he’s held the most championships in more prestigious companies, and he would just add the Grand Championship to his already impressive resume. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) Ash Campbell came out to the ring and admitted that he hasn’t been around that much in the MWA. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Some of you may have even forgotten that I work here. That’s okay, I understand.” [/COLOR]He said that he was here now and wanted to be part of the MWA’s first pay-per-view. He said he didn’t have an opponent yet, but he was willing to fight anyone. Out came Greg Gauge. He said he was a little frustrated right now. He and his brother should have been in the tag-team triangle match later tonight, but that wasn’t going to happen. He wanted to work out his frustrations on somebody and it looked like it was going to be Ash. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response 6) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] Ash needs to freshen up his character a little but it was a pretty good match all around. The Rev really sold this as two second generation wrestlers who were sure to become legends in their own right. He really sold the match well. So did the wrestlers. Ash relied on his speed and agility while Greg worked a more mat-based game, using holds and locks to keep Ash grounded. Eventually Greg managed to snatch Ash out of the air and dropped him to the mat with the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 8:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Backstage Thomas Morgan was storming through the halls until he found Fumihiro Ota. He demanded to know what Ota’s problem was with Junior. Ota said that Thomas would never understand and that it was a private matter. Thomas said that he was making it his business now and suggested that if Ota wanted a real fight, he could give it to him in the ring tonight! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Alicia Strong now came out to the ring and pointed out that out of all the challengers tonight, she had the drive, the intensity, and the determination to recapture the MWA Grand Championship. She predicted that she would bring down everyone and leave them broken and battered while she reclaimed the gold. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. FUTURE THREAT vs. THE TITANS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] The Rev explained that the way this match would work was by elimination. The minute someone from a tag team was pinned or submitted, that team would be disqualified. Things started with Mainstream, Primus, and Davis in the ring. As you might expect, Mainstream relied on flying, Primus on power, while Davis managed to adapt the best out of the three. I commented that Davis seemed very focused, but just as he was getting Primus on the ropes, he tagged in Parker. Parker, who seemed a little surprised at that, dutifully got in the ring and picked up the fight, but he didn’t look too pleased. The match continued for a while. Parker held his own as Mainstream tagged in J-Ro and Primus brought in Bulldozer. Joanne and Bulldozer traded blows for a bit but then noticed Parker and went after him. Parker went to tag in Davis ... only to have Davis drop off the apron. Parker stared at him in surprise, but that changed as Bulldozer hit the Backdrop Piledriver on him, rolling him up for the pin. Davis didn’t seem at all sad about being eliminated but simply walked to the back. The match went on with the Latin Connection and the Titans working each other over for a while. Finally, though, Joanne managed to catch Bulldozer in the J-Rocker for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]The Latin Connection [/B]in 9:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) Backstage Steven Parker found Davis Wayne Newton and got in his face over leaving him to hang like that. Davis responded coolly that Parker had it coming. Parker groaned and said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I thought we had resolved this.” [/COLOR]Davis countered that Parker thought wrong. He then shoved past him and left his tag partner looking pretty angry. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 11) Steve Gumble appeared on screen next, playing it very humble, saying that he felt it was an undeserved honor to be put in the Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match. He said he was a little worried. Alicia seemed so intense and Hugh was too crafty. But he said that worries aside, he was going to go out there and make everyone proud. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 12) [B]DES DAVIDS (c) vs. IZAAK TISCHLER [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] This might be too little too late but it was a great match. Once again, the Rev sold it hard and really boosted the match, getting behind Des and saying that he was the kind of champ we needed in the MWA. Izaak reached really low in his bag of tricks and used just about everything he had. He came close to pinning Des on a number of different occasions but the champ just wouldn’t stay down. Finally, Des managed to get Izaak tied up with an anaconda vice. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 15:56 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) Now Hugh de Aske appeared on screen. He laughed off what everyone else had said. He admitted that he was facing long odds, but he wasn’t too worried. He would fight his way through and finally pull down his title belt. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 14) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] This one surprised me. Maybe the crowd finally got warmed up at this point. Whatever the case, Thomas and Fumihiro put together a spectacular match. The Rev commented that Ota’s martial arts background helped him in wrestling. This was apparent as Ota tossed Thomas around the ring and kept him shut down for most of the match. But then Thomas surprised everyone with a jaw-breaker out of nowhere that seemed to knock both men out. When they clambered back to their feet, the field had been leveled and after a more balanced exchange of blows, Thomas came out on top with a Russian Leg Sweep. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]in 9:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 15) The ring was quickly set up for the Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match, the Grand Championship belt lowered over the ring. Out came the first five competitors. They eyed each other warily but also kept an eye on the entrance for the mystery opponent. They didn’t have to wait long. Unfamiliar entrance music started up and out came a young African American man who smiled broadly and waved to the crowd. The audience didn’t seem too sure of who he was, even when the big screen proclaimed that his name was Sam Pratt. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“He does look a little familiar,” [/COLOR]the Rev said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s because he normally wears a mask,”[/COLOR] I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Or at least, he used to. Let me put it to you this way, Rev. Do you like sushi? Like maybe ... oh, I don’t know ... calamari?”[/COLOR] The Rev’s head snapped around and he started laughing. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s great. This ought to make things interesting.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 16) [B]SAM PRATT vs. ALICIA STRONG vs. STEVE GUMBLE vs. JAY CHORD vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP vs. HUGH de ASKE (c) [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] This match and the last one hopefully saved us. Not quite as hot as I had hoped but still a really good showing that kept the fans popping. Steve and Joey wound up bleeding early on and the Rev wondered if that affected their performance. Joey especially seemed to take the worst of it, especially as he was the first to get driven through a table by Sam. That wasn’t the only table to get wrecked. Pretty soon Hugh went through another one. But the spot of the whole match belonged to Jay and Alicia. Alicia went clambering up a ladder to get the belt when Jay intercepted her. They slugged it out at the top of the ladder before Jay managed to get Alicia turned around and set her up for a cradle piledriver. Even as the Rev and I shouted for him to stop, he did it anyway, driving Alicia through a table on the way down. That pretty much took those two out of the running. In the end, Hugh and Sam were the only ones in any shape to go after the belt. They duked it out as well at the top of the ladder, but Hugh managed to shove Sam off the top. He then pulled down the belt. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 28:15 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 17) Although tired and badly bruised, Hugh celebrated his win. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Those last two matches really saved the show. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Junior (c) defeated Remmy Skye to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/i]- [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] [i]Greg Gauge defeated Ash Campbell [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]The Latin Connection defeated the Titans and Future Threat to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids (c) defeated Izaak Tischler to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Thomas Morgan defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske (c) defeated Sam Pratt, Alicia Strong, Steve Gumble, Joey Beauchamp, and Jay Chord in [COLOR="Purple"]a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs [/COLOR]match to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, July 2012[/I] Held at the Washington State Gymnasium in the North West Territory 1,668 people in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started out with Sam Pratt coming out to the ring in his street clothes. He waved to the fans before getting a mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It feels good to hear the announcers use my own name. I know, I know, you all got to know me as a guy with a squid on his head, but sometimes a man just has to be called by his own name, stand up for who he is, not how he dresses. “That’s why I’m glad to be here in the MWA. I’m not expected to be a cartoon character. I can just be Sam Pratt, a man who...”[/COLOR] His speech was cut off by Hugh de Aske’s entrance music. Hugh came out in full pirate regalia, with buxom wench Agent 69 at his side. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Arrrr, I thought I smelled sushi! Come off it, Pratt. Ye know what I know. Ye lived for bein’ that ‘cartoon character.’ Ye loved the laughter and the adoration of all the kiddies. All this talk of bein’ who ye really are is just so much bilge! It’s just to get yerself noticed so ye can maybe ... oh, I don’t know ... go for the gold here? I know that in yer contract negotiations, ye asked for a title shot against me at ‘Resurgence.’ Well, I say, why wait? We can do that tonight, just you and me.”[/COLOR] Sam didn’t wait too long. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I made no secrets about wanting to be in the title picture here. And I’d be a fool to pass up a title shot. You’re on, Hugh.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the opening speech; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge 2) [B]DES DAVIDS (c) vs. MATTHEW GAUGE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] The fans were delighted to see Matt back from the injured list and really got behind him. Matt was able to build off of the heat. He even got Des down on the mat and started to put him in the Proton Lock, but the Regional Champ was able to scramble to the bottom rope and latch on before Matt could lock it in. Des finally took Matthew almost out of his boots with a spear and then made the pin. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 10:28 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) Junior then appeared on screen. In her heavily accented English, she raged about Fumihiro Ota. She said that she had had enough of him and was going to teach him a lesson he wouldn’t forget. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) A video played, highlighting the way Davis Wayne Newton walked out on Steven Parker during the tag team three-way match at “Taste of Fame.” The Rev explained that afterwards, Davis Wayne Newton had demanded a singles match against Steven Parker. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 5) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] The Rev and I did our best to sell this match as two frustrated tag team partners beating the holy hell out of each other and, for the most part, I think we helped boost the match. Parker seemed hesitant to lock up with Davis at first, but when Davis didn’t hold back anything, Parker eventually kicked it in gear and got started. But it was too little, too late. While Parker got his licks in, Davis was the one who picked up the win with an STF. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 10:11 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) Davis then got a mic and leaned over Parker. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You wanted to know why I walked out on you? You wanted to know why I wanted this match? It’s because we’re through, Parker! Future Threat is over!”[/COLOR] He threw down the mic and stomped out of the ring while Parker tried to pull himself up the ropes. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 7) A video played to hype the Cradle Piledriver from a ladder that took Alicia Strong and Jay Chord out of the Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match this past Sunday. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) Jay Chord then appeared on screen and ranted about Alicia Strong. For reasons known only to Jay, he blamed Alicia for the fact that he wasn’t the MWA Grand Champion. The Rev said that was an odd way of looking at things since he was the one who delivered the piledriver. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] If Ota heard Junior’s threat, he didn’t seem too concerned about it. He proceeded to take Ash apart systematically, working over his legs and especially his right knee with a series of quick jabs and kicks. Finally he took Ash out with a Ninja Strike. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 8:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) Ota should have been paying attention. Out came Junior. She dove under the bottom rope and leapt on Ota, punching him repeatedly in the head before Ota scrambled out of there and beat a hasty retreat. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 11) Sam Pratt came out for his match against Hugh. When Hugh made his entrance, he called for the music to stop. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Change of plans, matey. Turns out that Tables, Ladder, and Chairs match took more out of me than I realized. Me doctors say I can’t wrestle tonight. Maybe next week. But never fear. Tonight ye have the privilege of taking on me wench, Agent 69!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 12) [B]SAM PRATT vs. AGENT 69[/B] I was a little worried about this one. Turns out my fears were unfounded. 69 did not look too pleased with her assignment but she dutifully got into the ring. When the bell rang and Pratt took a step towards her, she bolted, diving through the ropes to safety. Pratt eventually chased her back into the ring and started to work over her. The Rev commented that it looked like Sam was holding back a little, like he didn’t want to hurt her. That didn’t work out too well for him. At one point, 69 grabbed him by the hair and then dropped, cracking his skull against hers. She went for a pin but only got a two count. The match proceeded like this. 69 showed a little more fire and Sam began to step things up as well. Finally, though, 69 claimed that Sam had pulled her hair in one takedown move. Jez dutifully came in close to listen to her complaint, thereby missing the fact that Hugh de Aske rolled into the ring and nailed Sam with a Cut Throat Driver. Agent 69 then leapt into action, hitting a moonsault and making the pin. WINNER: [B]Agent 69 [/B]in 9:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We got a rating of 0.81. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Des Davids (c) defeated Matthew Gauge to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/I][/COLOR] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Fumihiro Ota defeated Ash Campbell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Agent 69 defeated Sam Pratt [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, August 2012 -[/I][/B] In spite of getting a Pay-Per-View deal, we’re still losing money at the same rate. Our miscellaneous expenses jumped from $1,000 to $133,410. We spent $41,240 on merchandise but only took in $14,480. Maybe it’s the fact that we grew mid-month. I’m hoping the finances will even out by the end of August and we can maybe make a little profit.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, August 2012[/I] Held at the West Texas Coliseum in the Mid South Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our fans to the show. 1) Hugh de Aske appeared on screen. He was standing backstage next to a monitor. He reviewed the way Sam Pratt lost his match against Agent 69 last week, taking great delight in playing back the Cut Throat Driver in slow motion. He then turned to the camera. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Sam, ye make a big deal about ‘reality.’ Well, the reality be this: don’t mess with a pirate. It’s never a fair fight.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) Fumihiro Ota was walking backstage when he came across Junior. Junior seemed ready to attack him, but Ota held up his hands. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Wait, let me explain!” [/COLOR]he said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I hold no quarrel with you. You are simply my prey. Like all ninjas, my services are for hire. Someone has hired me to discourage you. They do not wish to see you as a professional wrestler.”[/COLOR] Junior was shocked and offended. She demanded to know who it was. Ota refused to reveal his employer’s identity, saying that strict confidentiality was a term of their agreement. Junior definitely didn’t like that, but she clenched her jaw and said that she wasn’t going to let Ota or his mystery employer stop her. She would prove she had the heart and the skill to make it in professional wrestling. She shoved past Ota and stormed through the backstage area until she found her target: Alicia Strong. Alicia turned around just in time for Junior to get into her face. Junior said that people were saying Alicia was one of the best women wrestlers ever, that she had the skill to go toe-to-toe with anyone. Junior said she figured if she can beat Alicia, that might prove to whoever hired Ota that she had what it took. Alicia was a bit confused, saying she didn’t know what Junior was talking about. She started to say that her doctors really didn’t want her to get into the ring tonight after the piledriver from two weeks ago. But if she was looking for a fight, she had just bit off more than she could chew. Alicia suggested they go out to the ring right now! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the reveal; [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the response 3) [B]JUNIOR vs. ALICIA STRONG[/B] This turned out better than I expected. That’s mostly because Alicia and Junior have some fabulous chemistry in the ring together. The Rev commented that Alicia looked particularly wary getting into the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s the smart thing to do. Everyone in the locker room knows that once Junior gets going, it’s hard to shut her down. Alicia is right to approach this match with a little bit of caution.”[/COLOR] Thanks to her careful approach, Alicia was able to take control of the match early on, shutting down Junior’s offense with a series of holds and countermoves that kept the younger woman off balance. But try as she might, Alicia couldn’t keep Junior from fighting back entirely. Junior eventually wore Alicia down with her lightning fast offense and finally got Alicia on the mat and tapping with a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 9:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Junior and Alicia eyed each other with a certain amount of respect. It looked as if Alicia were about to shake Junior’s hand, but then Fumihiro Ota hit the ring and attacked Junior, leveling her with a quick snap kick. Before Alicia could intervene, Jay Chord hit the ring as well. Fumihiro and Jay spent several minutes pounding on their respective opponents before strutting out of the ring, laughing together like old friends. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 5) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION (c) vs. THE GAUGE BROTHERS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] The Rev really hyped this up as a clash between the new and former champs. It was a great follow up match and kept the crowd buzzing. The Gauges showed tremendous coordination, tagging in and out so rapidly that at one point, I lost track of which twin was in the ring. The Rev agreed it was hard to tell them apart and suggested that wardrobe make sure they wear different colored trunks from now on. But in the end, as Greg tried to get Joanne into the Proton Lock, Mainstream came in and kicked him over the head. He quickly got back into his corner in time for J-Ro to tag him in. He then capitalized on Greg’s stunned condition by batting him around the ring and finishing him off with an Apparition #14. When Matthew came into break up the pin, J-Ro intercepted him and took him out with a J-Rocker. WINNERS: [B]The Latin Connection [/B]in 8:05 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) As the Latin Connection celebrated their win, familiar music hit and, much to everyone’s surprise, Mean Jean Cattley strolled out to the ring. He got the mic and sneered at Mainstream and J-Ro. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s right, jerks. Jean Cattley is back! And I have to say, I’m disappointed in all of you, but hardly surprised. The MWA reaches a new level in the world of professional wrestling, and what does everyone want to talk about? Some dingbat who dressed like a bad Disney movie? A guy who used to dress like sushi? The on-again, off-again relationship between Jay Chord and Alicia Strong? Why didn’t anyone ever mention why the MWA was so hot to begin with? Why didn’t anyone thank me for my efforts in making the MWA what it is today? “I mean, let’s face it. If you’re going to build a house, you need a good foundation. And that’s what I am to the MWA. I was here from the beginning, making sure that what was built here would last. The Midwest Wrestling Association is the house that Jean Cattley built and I’m sick and tired of people not showing me any respect! I was the first real Grand Champion, for cryin’ out loud!”[/COLOR] His tirade continued before finally, J-Ro and Mainstream had enough. Before Jean knew what was happening, Joanne hit the J-Rocker and Mainstream punctuated it with an Apparition #14, leaving Jean sprawled in the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 7) A video played, reminding folks of how Davis Wayne Newton defeated his former tag team partner and vowed to strike out on his own. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 8)[B] STEVE GUMBLE vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] I commented that Davis seemed a lot more sure of himself as he came out for this match. He looked every inch a future champion. The Rev said that’s what happens when you cut out some dead weight. The intensity carried him through a really good match. Before Steve knew what was happening, Davis tossed him around the ring and finally took him down and into an STF. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 6:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) Sam Pratt came out to the ring with a smile on his face. He said that tonight he was going to get his match against Hugh de Aske with a rematch at “Resurgence.” He said that it was true, Hugh got the better of him last week. But he said that life was all about learning. And he learned his lesson. Tonight, Hugh wouldn’t get off so easily. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) [B]SAM PRATT vs. HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Agent 69 was nowhere to be seen as Hugh came out to the ring. Even though Sam took early control of the match and even scored a near fall in the first two minutes, Hugh didn’t seem all that concerned. Instead, he laughed at Sam as the other man tossed him around the ring. We finally learned why. As Hugh and Sam were brawling, they wound up running over Jez MacArthuer and knocked him out cold. Almost immediately, Agent 69 appeared out from under the ring. She snared the title belt and tossed it to Hugh, who used it to bash Sam’s head in. Sam hit the mat and lay still. Hugh dropped the belt and roused Jez. He then made a cover. Jez counted to one ... two ... and then he noticed the belt. He looked around and spotted Agent 69. The Rev said you could practically see the smoke coming out of Jez’s ears as he tried to put two and two together. The ref finally asked Hugh what had happened. You could hear him yell, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Did you hit Sam with the belt?”[/COLOR] Hugh hemmed and hawed for a moment. His hesitation was apparently answer enough. Jez immediately called an end to the match and disqualified Hugh. Hugh seemed dejected, but then burst out laughing. He scooped up his title, shrugged at the crowd, and then left with his arm around Agent 69. Jez knelt down next to Sam and tried to rouse him. WINNER: [B]Sam Pratt by DQ [/B]in 10:42 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] All around a good show. We got a rating of 0.81. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Junior defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]The Latin Connection (c) defeated the Gauge Brothers to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Sam Pratt defeated Hugh de Aske (c) by DQ; Hugh retains [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Friday of Week 1, August 2012 -[/I][/B] From ProWrestlingHits.com - [B]New shows set to debut next month [/B] In a further effort to gain dominance in the United States, Total Championship Wrestling has announced it has reached an agreement with America-Sports-1 to debut “Modern Day Warriors.” This is in addition to TCW Live! which airs on East Coast Today and TCW Squared Circle which already airs on America-Sports-1. It’s interesting to note that America-Sports-1 was once the home of the SWF, which has fallen out of favor with the fans. But also gaining a new TV deal is the Midwest Wrestling Association. Rumors have been flying that their deal with the National Pride Network was going to expire. We have just learned that the MWA has signed a deal with the Pop! Network to air “MWA Firestorm.” Once again the MWA will be going live at 11:00 on Thursday nights, but with two key differences: they have gained an extra half hour, which means more matches. The Pop! Network also has coverage in Canada, which means that the MWA will soon become more than just a United States promotion. [B][I]Sunday of Week 1, August 2012 -[/I][/B] Joel Kovach is going back to Japan again, this time with BHOTWG. [B][I]Monday of Week 2, August 2012 -[/I][/B] And apparently he’s going to be kept company by our own Matthew Gauge. Matt just signed a touring deal with them as well.

[QUOTE=Scapino1974;226892] But also gaining a new TV deal is the Midwest Wrestling Association. Rumors have been flying that their deal with the National Pride Network was going to expire. We have just learned that the MWA has signed a deal with the Pop! Network to air “MWA Firestorm.” Once again the MWA will be going live at 11:00 on Thursday nights, but with two key differences: they have gained an extra half hour, which means more matches. The Pop! Network also has coverage in Canada, which means that the MWA will soon become more than just a United States promotion. [/QUOTE] Onwards and upwards!

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, August 2012[/I] Held at the Arkansas Coliseum in the South East Territory 1,862 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the first show ever held by the MWA in the South East Territory. 1) Alicia Strong came out to the ring, limping a little bit, but fire in her eyes. Even though the crowds were cheering her name, she glared them down. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I came out here for one reason, and one reason only: to address Jay Chord. Jay, you and I have gone round and round on this so many times we’re like a record player. And now you just have to stir the pot. I wasn’t the one who drove you head-first through a table. You did that to me. And now you have the audacity to blame me for the fact that you couldn’t finish out the Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match? You’re so delusional, I think you must have cracked your skull on a rung on the way down. “So tell you what. You , me, ‘Resurgence.’ No other competitors, no excuses.”[/COLOR] Jay came out. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I shouldn’t even talk to you. You’re nothing but bad luck. But why not. Or better yet, why not now?”[/COLOR] Jay charged the ring and they collided in the middle, wailing on each other as hard as they could. Eventually backstage personnel swarmed the ring to pull the two of them apart. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response; [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the brawl 2) Backstage Mean Jean Cattley was walking down a hall, not looking amused. The Gauge Brothers, on the other hand, were snickering at him, obviously reliving the way the Latin Connection laid him out last week. Mean Jean immediately got in their faces, informing them that they clearly didn’t have a respect for a founding member of the MWA. He suggested that he and Matthew get in the ring tonight so Jean could teach him a lesson. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] The Rev said it was odd that this was the first official match. He groused a little that we should have let Alicia and Jay just fight for an hour. He also predicted a quick win for Steve, pointing out Steve’s longer experience and Casey’s relative newness to the sport. Oddly, though, something wasn’t quite right for Steve. He seemed a little rattled and before anyone knew what was happening, Casey had him down in a figure four. Steve managed to claw his way to the ropes, but then Casey hauled him back to the middle of the ring. Steve fought against it but finally wound up tapping out. WINNER: [B]Casey Valentine [/B]in 4:59 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] D[/COLOR] 4) Sam Pratt came out to the ring and admitted grudgingly that Hugh got the better of him the past two weeks. He acknowledged that the “pirate” was as crafty as any opponent he had ever faced. So he said he did some digging into Hugh’s past. He said that he learned what finally took down Charlotte Nefis, Hugh’s great-great-whatever grandmother wasn’t just one ship, but an alliance of pirate hunters. He said that he learned his lesson and history would repeat itself, because he’s found a helper ... namely Thomas Morgan. He announced that tonight’s main event was going to be Thomas vs. Agent 69 and that when Thomas was done with her, Agent 69 wouldn’t be a factor in the title hunt anymore. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) [B]MATTHEW GAUGE vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Jean was intense and focused, which caused me to grudgingly admit that’s why he was hired in the first place. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“When he wants to fight, he’s one of the best in the business. It’s just his attitude that stinks.”[/COLOR] And Jean clearly wanted a fight tonight. He went toe-to-toe with Matt and didn’t back down from anything, finally finishing off the younger man with a vicious Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 9:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) Jean wasn’t done. He continued to stomp on Matt and kick him, not letting up even as Matt curled up in a ball to protect himself. Greg then charged out to the ring and tried to save his brother. But Mean Jean was able to duck his initial attack and then caught him with another Mood Swing. He laughed at the fallen Gauges and then left the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 7) A video played, hyping the odd feud that’s been developing between Fumihiro Ota and Junior, emphasizing the revelation last week that someone hired Fumihiro to take her out. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] E[/COLOR] 8) Backstage, Junior was seen on a cell phone, yelling into it. The camera only picked up the tail end of the conversation, but it was clear that she had figured out who hired Fumihiro. She informed whoever it was that she wasn’t going to be intimidated by them or their hired lackeys. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 9) [B]CITIZEN X & JOEY POISON vs. THE TITANS[/B] This was an extremely short match. Primus and Joey started the match and ended it. First Primus charged the opposite corner, shoving X off the corner. He then batted Joey around the ring, finishing him off quickly with a Flying Lariat. WINNERS: [B]The Titans [/B]in 2:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) Bulldozer then joined his partner in the ring and got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Did you see that? That’s why we’re the best in the business. We are the dominant force in this promotion and this industry. That’s why we should be the tag team champs. That’s why we’re going to take away the titles from Latin Connection at ‘Resurgence.’ You’ve been warned, Hernandez and Rodriguez. Make out your wills now.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 11) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. AGENT 69[/B] Thomas didn’t hold anything back and that really seemed to freak Agent 69 out. She spent a lot of the match begging off and trying to avoid Thomas. The few times she actually stood to fight was when she had taken a shortcut to stop Thomas’s offense. It wasn’t enough, though, and Thomas put her down with a devastating sit-out powerbomb. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]in 9:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) Hugh apparently didn’t appreciate what happened to his lackey. He almost immediately hit the ring and nearly took Thomas out of his boots by smashing him over the head with his belt. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not good. We slipped a little in terms of quality, getting a rating of 0.75. Worse, in a dark match, Sam Pratt suffered an injury. Thankfully, he’ll be able to work through the pain. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Casey Valentine defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Matthew Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]The Titans defeated Citizen X & Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Thomas Morgan defeated Agent 69 [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 3, August 2012[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Resurgence”[/COLOR]) Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed fans to the historic Garrison in downtown Minneapolis, the birthplace of the MWA. 1) In a segment I recorded earlier, I explained to the fans that tonight, Alicia Strong and Jay Chord had been barred from the building. It was the belief of the booking committee that it was better for them to not be present so close to their match at “Resurgence.” But that didn’t mean that the audience would miss out on the action. Tonight’s main event would be a tag match, Hugh de Aske and Agent 69 taking on Sam Pratt and Thomas Morgan. We would also have a match to determine who would be taking on Des Davids for the MWA Regional Championship at Resurgence in a four-way match between Ash Campbell, Davis Wayne Newton, Joey Beauchamp, and Steve Gumble. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for all the announcements 2) [B]JUNIOR (c) vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] The Rev commented that this wasn’t a wise idea for either competitor. He said that Junior shouldn’t be risking her title against someone who had it once already. As for Bulldozer, he said that facing off against Junior when he had a tag title match just a few days away. They put on a pretty decent opening match. Not quite as good as I would have hoped for, but not too bad nonetheless. Bulldozer tried to intimidate Junior with his bulk but she didn’t back down for an instant. She instead took the fight to him, knocking the larger man around the ring with sheer intensity. But then Fumihiro Ota hit the ring. Bulldozer saw him coming and quickly distracted the ref. While Jez wasn’t looking, Fumihiro attacked Junior and pretty much knocked her out. Bulldozer then picked up Junior and, for good measure, hit the Backdrop Driver for the win. The Rev was extremely upset, saying that Junior had been robbed of her title. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 5:30 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) Fumihiro had the mic by the ring entrance. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Junior! You should pay attention to what my employer says! Leave now, or I will slowly strip everything you hold dear from you!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 4) Mean Jean Cattley appeared on screen. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know, I warned the Gauges. They shouldn’t mess with me. They may be young, they may be strong, they may be the future of our sport. But I’m the foundation. I paved the way for them. You want proof? I took out Matt Gauge and then his brother like it was nothing. As a matter of fact, it was nothing. And I’ll do it again tonight. Matt, Greg, meet me in the ring for a handicap match. I’ll show you why you don’t mess with the foundation.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] 5) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. STEVE GUMBLE vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] This was a thrilling match from beginning to end. Davis was the true wild card, switching styles so quickly and fluidly that the Rev predicted that Des was on his knees praying that Davis wouldn’t win this match. Des’s prayers were answered by, of all people, Joey Beauchamp. He seemed to take particular exception to Davis’s fighting spirit and focused most of his offense on him. By the time Joey was done with Davis, neither man was able to do much else in the match, making it a simple matter for Ash Campbell to hit the Shooting Star Press on Steve Gumble. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 10:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) Junior appeared on screen, looking pretty badly beaten. She addressed Fumihiro Ota, saying that he couldn’t strip her of what really mattered: her pride, her honor, her desire to achieve her dreams. She said he would not stand in her way. He was an obstacle to be removed. And this Sunday, she was determined to do just that if Fumihiro had the guts to face her. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 7) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a handicap match[/COLOR] The Gauges, while still relatively jovial, did seem a bit cautious as they came out to the ring. Jean did absolutely nothing to put them at ease. He simply smirked at them as he stretched out, using the ropes for leverage. Once the match started, Greg kicked things off, going after Jean with an intense look in his eyes. But he was surprised to discover that Jean was more than a match for him. Jean actually forced Greg to tag in his brother within a minute or two. That amused Jean to no end and he cheerily locked up with Matt, who seemed rather disconcerted by Jean’s attitude. Even as Matt picked up the pace of the match, Jean kept the pace, still smiling pleasantly the whole time. Finally, the desperation began to grow on Matt’s face and he went to tag in his brother ... ... only to discover that Greg wasn’t there. Steven Parker had charged the ring and yanked Greg from his perch. While Matt watched in open horror, Parker delivered a Future Shock, slamming Greg to the hard cement. Then Matt stumbled away and right into a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 8:25 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 8) Parker joined Jean in the ring. Jean introduced him as another part of the MWA’s foundation, saying that he was ready to teach the Gauges and everyone else a lesson in respect. And they would start by truly giving the Gauges a fighting chance. They would face Matt and Greg at “Resurgence.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) Backstage some medics were looking over Steve Gumble, who looked pretty glum after his loss. He looked up at the sound of someone laughing at him and found himself face to face with Izaak Tischler. Izaak taunted Steve for the fact that he hadn’t been able to put together a decent run against anyone since getting here. Izaak called him a loser and suggested he go back to wherever it was he came from. Steve shot back that Izaak’s record wasn’t much better and that he would turn his career around by beating Izaak at “Resurgence.” Izaak smiled broadly and said he was game. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) [B]SAM PRATT & THOMAS MORGAN vs. HUGH de ASKE & AGENT 69[/B] Sam and Thomas really stood out in this match as being the stars. 69 was probably the weak link again. At any rate, Hugh carried his team fairly well. He was more than willing to lock up with Sam and Thomas, but he would occasionally bring in Agent 69 to give himself a break. Sam and Thomas were able to work her over pretty well until she finally tagged out. Hugh then surprised everyone with a burst of offense that took Thomas by surprise. Before he knew what was happening, Hugh had hit the Skull and Cross Bones for the pin and the win. The Rev commented that it looked like Thomas hit a little funny and wondered if maybe he had his bell rung on impact. WINNERS: [B]Hugh de Aske & Agent 69 [/B]in 9:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] As the show went off the air, the Rev and I ran through the card for “Resurgence”: [B]Steve Gumble vs. Izaak Tischler [/B]([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) [B]The Latin Connection (c) vs. the Titans for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR]) [B]Junior vs. Fumihiro Ota [/B]([COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR]) [B]The Gauge Brothers vs. Mean Jean Cattley & Steven Parker [/B]([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) [B]Des Davids (c) vs. Ash Campbell for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR][/B] ([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) [B]Sam Pratt vs. Hugh de Aske (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/B] ([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) [B]Alicia Strong vs. Jay Chord[/B] ([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] A little bit better than last week. Hopefully after we make the jump, we’ll see an improvement in ratings and such. Speaking of which, we got a rating of 0.80. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Junior (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Davis Wayne Newton, Joey Beauchamp, and Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated the Gauge Brothers [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske & Agent 69 defeated Sam Pratt & Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, comments, predictions, whatever are welcome.

Steve Gumble vs. [B]Izaak Tischler[/B] It's hard to say. I like Gumble, but he does seem to be Jobber to the stars in the MWA. [B]The Latin Connection (c)[/B] vs. the Titans for the MWA Tag Team Championship Please. It's time for the tag belts to have some stability for a while. Junior vs. [B]Fumihiro Ota[/B] I see this continuing for a while, though it may be a DQ win for Junior, with Ota's employer getting involved. As for who that is--I really have no clue. The Gauge Brothers vs. [B]Mean Jean Cattley & Steven Parker[/B] Foundation gets a good (re)start. (EDIT: Mixed up my stables...still, you referred to them as MWA's foundations, so it stays. :)) [B]Des Davids (c)[/B] vs. Ash Campbell for the MWA Regional Championship Ash isn't consistent enough. Sam Pratt vs. [B]Hugh de Aske (c)[/B] for the MWA Grand Championship Another tough call, but I think Hugh gets it done again with another face-like comback. Alicia Strong vs. [B]Jay Chord[/B] Uh...Alicia, no Jay...can I call a mulligan on this one? I think I have to go with Jay right now, but I'm tempted to call a draw.

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to watch [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Resurgence”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] this Sunday exclusively on Pay-Per-View![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches... [B][I]The Latin Connection defends [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR]against the Titans[/I][/B] - Mainstream Hernandez and Joanne Rodriguez captured tag team gold a month ago and now Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Primus Allen want those straps for themselves. Will the Latin Connection retain? Or will the Titans obliterate them? [B][I]Steve Gumble dukes it out with Izaak Tischler [/I][/B]- Steve has been on a losing streak as of late. Will he be able to shake it off? Or will Izaak add insult to injury by handing him another loss? [B][I]Junior goes toe-to-toe with Fumihiro Ota [/I][/B]- Someone has hired Ota to convince Junior to leave professional wrestling and he has done his best to dissuade her. But Junior doesn’t scare easily. Will her hubris lead to a fall? Or will she overcome this obstacle? [B][I]The Gauge Brothers take on Mean Jean Cattley & Steven Parker [/I][/B]- Greg and Matt have offended Jean and they’ve paid for it. The surprise was Steven Parker’s interference. Will the brothers gain some revenge against Cattley and Parker? Or will “the foundation” prove stronger? [B][I]Ash Campbell tries to take [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]away from Des Davids [/I][/B]- Ash won the four man match this past week and now will try to take the strap from Des. Does he have what it takes? Or will Des retain? [B][I]Hugh de Aske defends [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]against Sam Pratt [/I][/B]- Sam is bound and determined to take the gold away from Hugh. But Hugh has proven a tricky man to pin. Can Sam get the job done? Or will de Aske retain his booty? [B][I]Alicia Strong goes head-to-head with Jay Chord[/I][/B] - These two have clashed in some epic battles in the past. Now they go at it again. Who will prove the stronger competitor? Find out the answer to all these questions this Sunday at [CENTER][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Resurgence!”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents ... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Resurgence”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Sunday of Week 3, August 2012[/I] Held at Shakeshaft Auditorium in the Great Lakes Territory 4,750 in attendance; Buy-rate of 0.20[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience watching at home. 1) Sam Pratt appeared on screen saying that he knew fighting Hugh for his title would be a daunting challenge. He knew that Hugh was a great competitor and a crafty opponent. But he said he wasn’t worried because he had Thomas Morgan watching his back. He said that while he wouldn’t guarantee a win, he said he had a good feeling that he’d be leaving with Grand Championship gold around his waist. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Steve looked bound and determined to not lose this one and his intensity seemed to take Izaak by surprise. Instead of just being the quick one-two-three match that Izaak expected, Steve proved to be more of a challenge, squirming out of a schoolboy roll-up within the first two minutes of the match. He even managed to blunt some of Izaak’s offense and swung the momentum in his direction. He even got a near fall of his own, something that made him smile for the first time in many weeks. The match raged and Izaak turned more and more grim with each passing minute. Finally, Steve surprised everyone by actually connecting with a vicious looking DDT. He himself seemed surprised, but when he realized he had pretty much knocked Izaak out, he leaned back on his heels and laughed with delight. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Come on, Steve, you know better than that,”[/COLOR] the Rev muttered. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It doesn’t matter unless you pin him!”[/COLOR] But Steve couldn’t hear the Rev’s advice. Instead, he clambered up onto the top turnbuckle and steadied himself for some sort of high flying finisher. He took too long, though, and as he came sailing down to the mat, Izaak raised his feet to connect with Steve’s chin. Steve ricocheted off and stumbled back as Izaak got to his feet. Izaak kicked Steve in the gut and then dropped him with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 13:32 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker appeared on screen. They ranted about young punks like the Gauges who don’t show proper respect to the foundational members of professional wrestling, guys like Jean and Parker. They promised that by the end of the night, they would have beaten some respect into them. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) Backstage, Junior arrived at the arena. She had a large bandage over one eye, which the Rev said was a reminder of her match against Bulldozer Brandon Smith. He commented that she seemed a little stiff and sore. It only got worse as Fumihiro Ota attacked her from behind, slamming her head-first into a cinderblock wall. When Junior collapsed, you could see that the bandage had been ripped off and blood had slicked her face. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 5) Now Jay Chord appeared on screen. He said that the time was soon approaching when he would have his revenge on Alicia Strong. He said that he would grind her into the mat and prove once and for all that she’s no match for him. He said his revenge would be sweet. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION (c) vs. THE TITANS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Bulldozer and Primus looked positively fierce as they stomped out to the ring. They wore permanent snarls on their lips as they waited for the champs to come out. J-Ro and Mainstream mugged to the crowd as they went down to the ring. They then conferred with each other and played paper-rock-scissors to determine who would actually face off against Primus Allen. Mainstream won, much to Joanne’s disappointment. Mainstream and Primus wound up trading some major blows and Primus finally won their skirmish by shoving Mainstream away hard. Mainstream slammed into his corner and stared at Primus with a little bit of worry. J-Ro, however, was non-plussed. She held out her hand. Mainstream checked with the crowd and then shrugged, tagging her in. Joanne did well in her first minute or so, but Primus and Bulldozer were apparently waiting for her. They isolated her, keeping her away from Mainstream, taking their time to work over her legs, her left knee especially for some unknown reason. A few times Joanne tried to get away. Each time they managed to block her escape and the last time, Bulldozer even stopped her by snaring her hair. But they couldn’t get her pinned. The Rev said it was a testament to Joanne’s toughness and desire to hold on to championship gold. Every near fall ended before Jez could get past two. Finally, in desperation, Joanne managed to hit the J-Rocker on Primus, but the impact seemed to knock the wind out of her as well. Both she and Primus inched for their respective corners and managed to tag in their partners simultaneously. Mainstream hit the ring and cleared house, knocking Bulldozer down with a running clothesline, slamming Primus off his perch for good measure. He looked unstoppable. Bulldozer was only able to slow him down before finally tagging out to Primus, who had managed to recover a little. Primus whipped Mainstream into the ropes, allowing J-Ro to blind tag her way in. Mainstream ricocheted off the ropes and launched himself at Primus, taking him down and stunning him. Joanne then rushed in and hit another J-Rocker, falling on Primus for the pin and the win. WINNERS: [B]The Latin Connection [/B]in 14:44 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Thomas Morgan was watching the previous match on a monitor. He seemed pretty happy that Mainstream and Joanne won. But then Hugh and Agent 69 attacked him from behind, whipping him pretty badly before tossing him face-first into a bank of lockers. Thomas crumpled to the ground, unconscious. Hugh and 69 slapped each other on the back happily, stepping over his body as they left the room. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 8) The Gauges appeared on screen and said that they took issue with what Jean and Steven said earlier. They said they were always willing to show people respect ... but only if they deserved it. They went on to say that neither Cattley nor Parker had done much of anything lately worth noticing. That’s why they didn’t respect them. And they said that wasn’t about to change tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 9) Junior was being tended to by medics who were trying to close the cut on her forehead as best they could. As they worked, Alicia Strong came into the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Come to wish me luck on my match?” [/COLOR]Junior asked, her jaw tight and her voice strained. Alicia shoved past the medics and told Junior she was crazy. She said that she was in no condition to fight, not after the brutal match a few days ago against Bulldozer. Not after that attack by Fumihiro. She said that she had to call it off tonight and rest. No one would think any less of her if she did that. Junior shoved the medics away and confronted Alicia. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “You don’t understand,” [/COLOR]Junior whispered. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I have to fight. If I don’t, then he wins.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Don’t give Fumihiro the pleasure...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Not Fumhirio,” [/COLOR]Junior said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“The man who hired him. My father.”[/COLOR] Junior shoved past Alicia and left the room, the medics running after her. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 10) [B]JUNIOR vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] Somehow the medics managed to get Junior wrapped up for her match. A glint of respect shone in Ota’s eyes but that quickly vanished as the bell rang and Junior pounced, her fists little more than a blur. Ota had to quickly scramble to the ropes, causing Shane Stones, our newest ref, to order Junior off of him. And so it went. Ota seemed to know where Junior hurt the worst and focused most of his attacks on those key spots. But Junior simply wouldn’t stay down. She kept kicking out and trying to fight back, although it was clear that her injuries were dragging her down. Finally, Ota managed to take her out by first dropping her face first onto a turnbuckle, ripping open the gash on her forehead again. They he hit a Ninja Strike hard enough it almost snapped her neck. He brashly pinned her simply by putting a foot on her chest. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 14:09 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) The medics came out and got Junior on a stretcher, carefully wheeling her out of the arena. Fumihiro got a mic and taunted her, saying that he was looking forward to being paid by his employer for finally taking her out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 12) Hugh de Aske and Agent 69 appeared on camera, saying that Sam was all alone. Apparently the backstage was buzzing about the way they took out Thomas Morgan and now no one wanted to help Sam. Hugh said that he could fight if he wanted, but the Grand Championship wasn’t going anywhere. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 13) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY & STEVEN PARKER[/B] The Gauges seemed to blow off the threat of Jean and Parker, mostly hamming it up for the fans as they went out to the ring. But when the match started, they were all business. Now it seemed that Jean and Parker were the ones not taking things seriously. “That’s a big mistake,” the Rev commented. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“These two are second generation wrestlers with an impressive pedigree. They aren’t people to take lightly.”[/COLOR] Sure enough, Jean and Parker paid for their overconfidence. The Gauges ripped them apart, shutting them down every time they tried to get the upper hand. Finally, Greg Gauge caught Jean by surprise and slapped on the Proton Lock. When Parker went to Jean’s aid, Matt intercepted him and wound up putting him in a Proton Lock as well. The twin brothers held their opponents in the middle of the ring. Parker tapped first, but I pointed out that did little good since neither he nor Matt were the legal men. Finally, after a brief struggle to get to the ropes, Jean tapped as well. WINNERS: [B]The Gauge Brothers [/B]in 11:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 14) [B]DES DAVIDS (c) vs. ASH CAMPBELL [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Des and Ash shook hands before the match. They then turned in a great match (one of the better in Ash’s career) and really stepped things up a notch. Ash was looking a little ragged toward the end, but he hung in there, dodging and relying on speed. In the end, though, Des managed to take Ash down with a spear that took both men halfway across the mat. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 15:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 15) Alicia Strong appeared on screen and said that it was almost time for her and Jay to lock up once again. She said that she isn’t surprised that they were doing this again. She said that they both came from competitive families. She said their families had a history of fighting each other. She said it was just another chapter in the long and storied Strong vs. Chord feud ... and she wouldn’t have it any other way. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Jay, someday people will be talking about this match and telling their children about it. Let’s make this one a match for the ages.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 16) Hugh de Aske seemed a little concerned as he was going towards the ring. Agent 69 wasn’t at his side. He called her name a few times, then panicked and charged down the hall. There she was, slumped against the wall, unconscious. Hugh checked to make sure she was relatively all right, then straightened with a snarl. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Pratt.” [/COLOR]He then marched for the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 17) [B]SAM PRATT vs. HUGH de ASKE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Sam was waiting for Hugh in the ring, holding onto one of Agent 69's bandana’s. That sent Hugh into something of a rage, one that Sam was able to capitalize on. He was able to dodge Hugh’s initial unfocused charges and then slipped in close, battering the champ around before taking him down and almost pinning him. Sam got another near fall in before Hugh seemed to snap out of it and remembered that he had a title to defend. The match was really good and showcased both men’s talents well. Hugh eventually managed to take over and worked over Sam pretty well but he too had difficulty getting the challenger to stay down. Finally, a tiring Sam rallied and started on another string of offensive moves that seemed likely to end with a pin and a new champion. But out of nowhere, Hugh managed to connect with an enziguri kick that led into a Cut Throat Driver. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 21:03 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 18) Hugh got a mic and taunted Sam, saying that he fought a good fight, but he should have learned a valuable lesson: don’t mess with a pirate. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 19) A video played, hyping the feud between Alicia Strong and Jay Chord. I would have loved to include footage of their fathers fighting, but oddly enough, Richard Eisen wouldn’t let me raid the SWF’s video library. Oh well. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 20) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD[/B] It wasn’t their best work together, but it was still the match of the night. Alicia and Jay tore into each other, not holding a single thing back. Both of them scored near falls, both of them wound up cut before the match was over. It raged through the ring and around it but finally ended when Jay Chord put Alicia down with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 29:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Good show all around. It was a little weird putting the Grand Championship title match second-to-last, but Alicia and Jay have earned the main event. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Resurgence”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]The Latin Connection (c) defeated the Titans to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Fumihiro Ota defeated Junior [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]The Gauge Brothers defeated Mean Jean Cattley & Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids (c) defeated Ash Campbell to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske (c) defeated Sam Pratt to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Powerhouse[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, August 2012[/I] Held at The Den in the New England Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the final episode of “Powerhouse,” promising a crazy show... 1) ... partially because of what happened earlier in the day. In a video filmed earlier in the day, I came into the arena on my cell phone, talking up what a great change the new TV show was going to be (carefully avoiding anything that might offend the National Pride Network or get us sued). But then I ran into Sam Pratt and Hugh de Aske who were, much to my surprise, not fighting. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“We want to talk to you,” [/COLOR]Sam said. Hugh launched into an invective, calling me a “scurvy dog” for booking Alicia and Jay as the main event at “Resurgence.” He pointed out that he was the Grand Champion, that Sam had been trying to get that title for himself. Sam chimed in saying that it was a slap in the face to both of them. I countered by saying that based on fan reaction, I had made the right decision. I said that their match last week had been great, but Alicia and Jay took things to the next level. I said that if they wanted to blame anyone, they should blame themselves. I then walked past them. They glowered after me. Then Sam turned to Hugh and asked, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Plan B?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Arrrrr.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) Live, Hugh and Sam came out to the ring. They got two mics and started to rant and rage against Alicia and Jay, calling them prima donnas who are getting by, not on their talent but on their family name. They dared them to step into the ring with them tonight in the main event. Alicia Strong came out and said that she understood that Hugh and Sam were jealous of her and Jay. She said she gets that all the time. So tonight, she would accept their challenge so she and Jay could show them what real wrestling is all about. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the response 3) [B]CITIZEN X vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Bulldozer did not appear to be in a good mood. The Rev said he could hardly blame him after the Latin Connection defeated the Titans last week at “Resurgence.” Apparently Bulldozer had chosen X to be the scapegoat for his misery. He buried him, finally taking the other man out with a Backdrop Driver. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 6:27 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Jay Chord found Alicia backstage. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So you accepted a tag match on both our behalf?”[/COLOR] he asked, pouring some venom into the word “both.” Alicia started to say something, but Jay cut her off. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I agree, Hugh and Sam need to learn the pecking order here, but I don’t recall saying you could speak for me?”[/COLOR] Alicia stared at him before answering. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What, you want Hugh and Sam to go around bad-mouthing us both? I’ll admit, you and I aren’t exactly cozy. Never have been. But I’m willing to accept that you beat me soundly at ‘Resurgence’ and move on, okay? Let’s just let that all be water under the bridge and deal with the here and now.”[/COLOR] Jay glared at Alicia, but then his face suddenly softened. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“All right. Let’s do it ... partner.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE GAUGE BROTHERS[/B] I commented that both teams must be flying pretty high right now, coming off major wins at “Resurgence.” All four competitors apparently saw this as a friendly competition and a show for the audience rather than a serious, down-and-dirty match. They shook hands before the match and even applauded each other for the better moves. That doesn’t mean that they slacked off. Far from it. Eventually the comradery gave way to a focused effort by both teams. The Rev complimented them both for doing things above board with no shortcuts or underhanded tactics. The fans appreciated the effort as well, cheering for both teams even as Greg Gauge tied up J-Ro with a Proton Lock. WINNERS: [B]The Gauge Br[/B]others in 7:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) As the two teams shook hands, Steven Parker and Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring entrance. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Well, well, well. The Gauge brothers. You two must be feeling pretty full of yourselves right now,” [/COLOR]Parker said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Yeah, you beat us,” [/COLOR]Jean said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But that was a minor setback. Minor. See, your ****y attitude has caught the attention of someone else. Someone who desperately wants to teach you a lesson. So here’s what we’re going to do. You find a friend and then the three of you go head-to-head against Parker, our new teammate, and me next week. Trust me, boys. By the end of next week, you’re going rue the day you went up against the Foundation.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 7) Fumihiro Ota appeared on screen and mocked Junior, saying that if she was wise, she would learn her lesson and never return to professional wrestling. He said she had dishonored her family by defying her father and now she had paid the price. Much to Ota’s surprise, Ash Campbell confronted him. He insulted Ota (the network bleeped him a few times) and said that he was a coward. Ash said he had gotten under Junior’s skin, but Ash claimed to have his number. He dared Ota to get into the ring with him next week. Ota agreed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the taunt; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the challenge 8) [B]DES DAVIDS (c) vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] This turned out to be a really good match. As much as it pained me to do, splitting up Future Threat is turning out to be a good idea. Parker was holding Davis back. He really has come into his own as a singles wrestler. This match just proved it. He gave Des one of his better matches to date and chemistry wasn’t even a factor. Davis’s fluid offense, switching from flying to mat-based to power moves and back again kept Des off guard. But the Regional Champ weathered the assault and finally took Davis down with a spear. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 8:32 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) Des celebrated his win, but Davis apparently didn’t hear the bell. He slammed into Des from behind and kicked him repeatedly before he was pulled off the champ and ordered out of the ring by Shane Stones. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) [B]ALICIA STRONG & JAY CHORD vs. SAM PRATT & HUGH de ASKE[/B] This turned out to be an interesting match. For starters, Sam and Hugh have absolutely no chemistry as tag partners and it was painfully obvious. And then there was the match itself. Hugh and Sam clearly weren’t comfortable together (we tried to pass off their lack of chemistry as discomfort) while Alicia and Jay seemed relatively okay with each other. They tagged in and out of the match seamlessly while Hugh and Sam seemed to get into a minor argument with every tag. Alicia and Jay finally hit a good rhythm, isolating Sam from his corner. They kept him away from Hugh as much as possible. The Grand Champion strained to get tagged in, but Sam could never make it there until finally, he managed to break free and dove for his corner. Only to have Hugh hop off the apron, laugh at him, and walk away. Sam stared after his erstwhile partner in shock but then was taken down and put into the Strong Arm Tactic by Alicia Strong. WINNERS: [B]Alicia Strong & Jay Chord [/B]in 11:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 11) Alicia and Jay celebrated in the ring together, taking turns raising each other’s hands. After a minute or two of this, though, Jay suddenly turned on Alicia and kicked her in the gut, dropping her with a Super DDT. He then dragged her out of the ring and cleared off the announce table. He shoved Alicia up onto it and then joined her. He carefully set Alicia up for a Cradle Piledriver and, even though the Rev and I screamed at him to stop, drove Alicia through the table. He wobbled to his feet, smiled darkly at Alicia’s unconscious form, and then strutted out of the arena. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We didn’t go out with a bang, but we didn’t exactly fizzle either. Our final [I]Powerhouse[/I] garnered a rating of 0.97. Apparently people wanted to see the final show. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the final episode of [I]Powerhouse[/I][/U] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith (c) defeated Citizen X to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]The Gauge Brothers defeated the Latin Connection [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids (c) defeated Davis Wayne Newton to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/I] [/COLOR]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong & Jay Chord defeated Hugh de Aske & Sam Pratt [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, September 2012 -[/I][/B] And now we lost a little over $52,000 after last month. That’s got me worried. But doing the math fast and loose, we can keep running like that for almost three more years before we’ll run out of money. Hopefully things will turn around before then.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, September 2012[/I] Held at the North Carolina Biker Museum 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone to the very first Firestorm on the Pop! Network. We especially welcomed our neighbors to the north, saying that it had been a while since they had seen the MWA. We hoped to show them what made us special. 1) A video played, reviewing the ending of the main even tag match on the final Powerhouse. It emphasized the fact that Hugh de Aske walked out on Sam Pratt, leaving him to be brought down by Alicia Strong. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) Sam Pratt found Hugh de Aske backstage preening before a mirror (which was held by Agent 69). Sam whipped him around and demanded to know what was wrong with him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I thought we were going to set aside our differences last week to help both of us out. Why’d you walk out on me?”[/COLOR] Hugh laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Matey, I’m a pirate. What part of this don’t you get? I saw an opportunity to help meself and I took it. How’re yer arms?”[/COLOR] Hugh patted Sam on the shoulder and Sam winced, glaring at Hugh. He muttered something about making Hugh pay and then stormed off. Hugh laughed and turned back to the mirror while 69 made appropriate cooing sounds. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Davis and Mainstream really gave the new audience a taste of what the MWA is all about. Both men were focused and intent on beating the other. The Rev commented that it was only natural: whoever picked up the win could always boast that he scored the first win ever on Firestorm, something nobody would ever be able to take from him. It appeared throughout most of the match that said distinction would go to Davis. He simply overwhelmed Mainstream with his varying offense. Just when it seemed like Mainstream had him pegged, Davis would switch things up, throwing Mainstream off balance again. I finally commented that it appeared as if Davis had sewn things up and was only playing with his opponent. He paid for that. Des David’s entrance music hit and rattled Davis pretty badly. The Rev pointed out that was only natural since Davis attacked Des last week after their match. Des didn’t show up in the ring but the damage was done. Davis never quite recovered and as a result, Mainstream was able to capitalize. He brought Davis low with a few quick drop kicks to the knee and then hit the Apparition #14 for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 8:40 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] C[/COLOR] 4) The Gauges appeared on screen and said that they had found their friend for tonight’s three-man tag match. Thomas Morgan was rounding out their team. They said that the so-called Foundation was setting themselves up for another embarrassing loss. But they didn’t mind handing that loss to them. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Your pain, our gain!” [/COLOR]Greg chortled. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker were watching the promo on a screen backstage. Parker looked absolutely distraught. He said he didn’t know why Jean talked him into this. He said right now, he was tempted to go back to Davis and beg him to reform Future Threat. Jean snared him by the arm and walked him along the corridor. He said that everything was under control. The newest brick in the Foundation showed up this afternoon and was ready and willing to teach the Gauges a lesson. When Parker demanded to know who it was, Jean opened up a locker room door. We didn’t get a look at who it was, but from the look on Parker’s face, it had to be someone big. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 6) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] Another good match for the night and perhaps even a personal best for Ash in the MWA. He and Ota really tore into each other. What seemed to drive Ota up the wall in this match was the fact that Ash was extremely cagey in his offense. He was willing to hang back and let Ota come to him. This led to an interesting pattern: Ota would charge in, Ash would duck or block his attack and counterattack almost immediately. The frustration built in Ota, which led him to make reckless mistakes. Soon Ash was capitalizing on it and soon went from defense to full on offense, rocking Ota back and finally finishing him off with the Ash 2 Ash. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 9:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Ota was reeling from the loss but quickly snapped out of it as Junior charged the ring. She went after him but Ota managed to escape, mostly because Ash stopped Junior from following. She raged at Ota as Ash held her back. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 8) A video played, reliving the way Jay Chord drove Alicia through a table with a Cradle Piledriver last week. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) Jay Chord was in the ring before his match but before things could get started, he got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So why’d I do it? I mean, I beat Alicia at ‘Resurgence,’ right? Hell, I damn near ended her career at 'Taste of Fame'. So why did I feel the need to smash her through a table again? It’s simple: I can’t stand Alicia Strong. More than that, I hate her. “Did you see what she did last week? She just assumed I’d be okay with being her partner in a tag match. She never asked, she never requested. She just did it. And that’s her problem. “Oh, I know, she comes out here and she’s so humble and she waves at the fans and blows them kisses and all that crap. But none of you have seen her strut around backstage like she owns the place, and all because she was the first woman to be Grand Champion and because her daddy’s Sam Strong. “Well, I’ve been Grand Champion. And my dad was Rip Chord. But yet I have to come out here and bust my hump every freakin’ night just to get even a little recognition. I’m sick of it! So I fixed the problem. And if you losers don’t like it, too damn bad!”[/COLOR] He chucked the mic into the mat and crouched down, his eyes fixed on the ring entrance for his opponent. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Bad chemistry strikes again. Plus there was the fact that this match was pretty one-sided. The Rev sagely commented that Steve Gumble wasn’t going to break his losing streak tonight and he proved correct. Steve just couldn’t get it together and Jay finally finished him off with a Super DDT. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 10:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) Backstage, Junior was furious at Ash Campbell for interfering in her attack on Ota. She actually looked ready to attack Ash as well, but Ash quickly held up his hands in surrender. She backed down but started pacing like an animal in a cage. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“See, that’s your problem, Junior,” [/COLOR]Ash said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You always overreact. You go from zero to raging bull in no time flat. I can understand. There’ve been plenty of times when Pop has pushed my buttons but at least he supports me in what I’m doing. I can’t imagine what it must be like for a father to hire someone to take out his own daughter. But you’re never going to beat Ota if you keep flying off the handle like that. Did you even watch my match tonight? I beat him and I think you can too ... if you’re willing to accept my help.”[/COLOR] Junior paused in her pacing long enough to glare at Ash. Finally, she nodded. Ash smiled broadly. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Good. We’ll start your training immediately. First things first: go back to the hotel and cool off.”[/COLOR] Junior didn’t seem to like the lesson but she grudgingly did so. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) Davis Wayne Newton came back out to the ring with the mic. He said that he had gone back to the production truck to find out what the deal was with the opening match and why Des’s music interrupted him. Apparently Des slipped one of the techs twenty bucks to do it. Davis admitted that he was impressed ... impressed that Des could even rise to that level. He said that Des just wasn’t that clever. He relies on “spears” to end his match because that’s an old football move. He then launched into a pretty clever tirade, insulting Des and suggesting that he likes “spearing” his opponents backstage too. Des finally heard enough and charged the ring. He made it about halfway down the aisle when Joey Beauchamp attacked him from behind, knocking him out cold. Davis laughed at him and strutted out of the arena. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 13) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] These two didn’t click in the ring either but they still turned in a decent match. Hugh mostly toyed with J-Ro and wound up paying for it in the middle of the match. Joanne came close to hitting the J-Rocker a number of times until finally, Hugh managed to shut her down with a thumb to the eye. Agent 69 then jumped up on the apron to distract Jez McArthuer while Hugh rolled out of the ring and retrieved a chair. But before he could level Joanne, Sam Pratt hit the ring as well. Rather than attack Hugh, he instead danced between Hugh and Joanne, darting in to tap Jez on the shoulder. As he did, Hugh took a swing at him with the chair. Sam ducked it but Joanne, somewhat confused at what was happening, didn’t move out of the way. Jez turned around just in time to see Hugh level Joanne with the chair. Jez immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez by DQ [/B]in 11:20 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 14) The Gauges and Thomas Morgan came out to the ring and nonchalantly started to warm up, joking and jostling each other, clearly not worried about what they were about to face. Then Mean Jean and Parker came out. Parker’s hesitation was gone. He smirked at the ring as Jean retrieved a mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So you boys still want to mess with the Foundation, do you? Well, I’ll admit, your tenacity inspired me. I realized that if I wanted to teach you boys a lesson, I’d have to do more than just recruit my old friend Steven Parker here. Instead, I would have to find someone who is a foundation of American wrestling, someone you kids know all too well. See, our partner and the newest member of the Foundation is none other ... than [B]Sam Keith[/B].”[/COLOR] Greg and Matt’s faces froze with fear as their father came out, a scowl on his face. RATING: D- 15) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS & THOMAS MORGAN vs. THE FOUNDATION (Mean Jean Cattley, Steven Parker, & Sam Keith)[/B] Shoot. This one’s gonna drag us down. Perhaps Sam isn’t quite as popular as he used to be when we last worked together. Or the crowd was maybe thinking about getting home. They got excited, just not as excited as I thought they would be. Greg and Matt seemed to get over their initial shock but they were not happy about facing their dad in the ring. Sam, however, had no problem knocking his sons around. He yelled all sorts of insults at them as he did, telling them this was all for their own good. Finally, in the end, Sam won the match by tying Thomas Morgan up with a Proton Lock. WINNERS: [B]The Foundation [/B]in 12:54 RATING:[COLOR="Blue"] D+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Things could have been a bit better, I think. We got a rating of 1.62, which isn’t too bad. We’ve doubled our usual viewership. Thanks, eh. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the first episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Mainstream Hernandez defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Hugh de Aske by DQ [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]The Foundation defeated the Gauge Brothers & Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, September 2012[/I] Held at Pennsylvania Park in the Tri State Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Sam Keith started things off in the ring with the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So you might be wondering why I’m slumming it like this, huh? Well, let me tell you why: it’s because of my boys. That’s right, Matt and Greg Gauge are my sons and I’ve never been more disappointed in them. “Their mother and I, we raised them better than this. I watched them disrespecting Jean Cattley and Steven Parker, two members of the MWA’s Foundation, when they should have been polite and deferential. So I came here to knock some sense into them, kinda like I did when they were younger. “Let me put it to you this way: I ain’t leavin’ the MWA until everyone here shows my buddies, Jean and Steven, the respect they deserve.”[/COLOR] Sam’s rant was interrupted by Matthew Gauge. Matt had a mic of his own. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Dad, maybe you haven’t noticed, but Greg and I were giving Cattley and Parker the respect they deserve ... which is none. Those two do nothing but stink up the ring when they get into it. “And as for me and Greg, we don’t need you to ‘knock some sense into us.’ We aren’t kids anymore, Pop. Why don’t you just go back east and leave the MWA to those who deserve it?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That ain’t gonna happen, buddy boy,” [/COLOR]Sam shot back. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And I’d be careful with that tone if I were you. I might think you’re lookin’ for a fight.” “Think that all you want,” [/COLOR]Matthew replied. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “‘Cause it’s true. If that’s what it takes to get you off our backs, I’m more than willing to face you in the ring.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the initial rant; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge 2) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Ick. These two stunk up the ring as well thanks to their complete lack of chemistry. The Rev and I did our best, trying to blame it all on Steve, saying that he was looking a bit lost in the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Given his recent string of bad luck,” [/COLOR]the Rev commented, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I don’t blame him.”[/COLOR] Bulldozer made short work of him, finally dropping him with a Backdrop Driver. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 8:41 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) Bulldozer was joined in the ring by Primus Allen. Together they challenged the Latin Connection to a rematch at “New Legacy” for the tag titles. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) [B]CITIZEN X vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] Whoa. This match really drove home how much the opening match stunk, especially since Casey is still a relative unknown to the MWA audience. But he looked focused and determined. X had little chance against him before Casey took him out. WINNER: [B]Casey Valentine[/B] in 7:10 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5) A video played, showing Ash Campbell training Junior for her rematch against Fumihiro Ota at “New Legacy.” This included some sparring (which Junior usually won by sheer ferocity) and some mental training to keep Junior balanced throughout the heat of the battle. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 6) [B]DES DAVIDS & REMMY SKYE vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON & JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] I explained that after last week’s ambush, Des had recruited Remmy to take on Davis and Joey. This turned into a pretty respectable match as well. Des was chomping at the bit to get at Davis, but Davis was not quite as enthusiastic. He kept tagging in Joey whenever Des got into the ring. Joey B. did not appear too happy with that arrangement but he kept in the fight the whole time. Finally, while Joey and Remmy were duking it out, Des charged in when Joey had Remmy pinned with his feet on the ropes. Davis intercepted him and knocked him out of the ring. He then insisted that Joey tag out. Joey did, a little angrily, but he stood by while Davis pinned Remmy. WINNERS: [B]Davis Wayne Newton & Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 8:30 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Greg Gauge did not look happy as his brother taped up his wrists and stretched out. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, he’s our dad. Isn’t there some other way...”[/COLOR] Matt cut him off. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Yeah, I know he’s our dad and no, there isn’t any other way. You know what he’s like. He isn’t gonna back down until we stand up to him. I need to nip this in the bud. Just watch my back, okay? You know that Dad can be a dirty dealer sometimes.”[/COLOR] Matthew left the room. Greg grit his teeth. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Mom isn’t going to like this.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) [B]SAM PRATT vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Heck yeah. The matches keep getting better. Jay and Sam really tore into each other and held nothing back (even though they were supposed to). As they fought, I speculated that maybe they were picturing their opponent as someone else (Hugh de Aske in Sam’s case, Alicia Strong in Jay’s). Sam finally took control of the match and it looked like he might actually score the pinfall. After one such near fall, Jay hopped up off the mat and complained to the ref that Sam had dragged him down with his hair. When Jez refused to believe him, Jay got in Jez’s face and really complained. That’s why Jez never saw Hugh de Aske come out of the crowd and level Sam with a Cut Throat Driver. Jay saw it, however, and capitalized. He abandoned his argument and charged in, picking up Sam so he could add insult to injury by capping off the match with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 9:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 9) But before Jay could celebrate his win too much, the lights went out. When they came back on, Alicia Strong was in the ring behind him. Jay turned around just in time to catch a boot to the face. Alicia was all over him then, smacking him around and beating him almost bloody. That’s when I rose from the announce table with a mic. I called out security and demanded that Jay and Alicia be separated. Once they were, I told them they weren’t going to waste what could turn out to be another epic fight like this. Instead, they would fight at “New Legacy” in a week and a half. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] D[/COLOR] for the revenge and the match announcement 10) Backstage, Hugh paused long enough to mock Sam, saying that he had to watch his back at all times when dealing with a pirate. He then beat a “strategic withdrawl” out of the arena. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 11) [B]MATTHEW GAUGE vs. SAM KEITH[/B] The Rev commented that he never thought he’d see this match but he was glad he had the opportunity. So was I. This was a great cap to the show. Matt and Sam spent a few moments sounding each other out. There were some tentative lock-ups before the match got started in earnest. Sam wasn’t holding back anything and, after getting almost pinned, neither was Matt. Finally, though, Sam managed to stop Matt cold with a thumb to the eye and then took him down with a Neutron Plex. A moment later, he had Matt tapping in the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 11:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) Sam sneered at his fallen son, and he was soon joined by Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker. They hesitated for a moment after getting into the ring, but Sam urged them on, leaning in one corner as his cronies beat the crap out of his son. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] After a rocky start, we managed to put together a good show. We got a rating of 1.59. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Steve Gumble -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Casey Valentine defeated Citizen X -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Joey Beauchamp & Davis Wayne Newton defeated Des Davids & Remmy Skye -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Sam Pratt -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Sam Keith defeated Matthew Gauge -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, September 2012[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“New Legacy”[/COLOR]) Held at Grissom Auditorium in the South West Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the audience to the show. I introduced a video that I shot earlier in the day... 1) ... in which I said I had had enough of Sam Pratt and Hugh de Aske attacking each other, so I was ordering them apart. They couldn’t come in physical contact with each other until their match at “New Legacy.” RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 2) The Rev then announced the main event for the night: Junior would be taking on none other than Jay Chord! [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I know Ash Campbell’s been working with Junior for the past couple of weeks, but Junior may be a bit out of her league here, especially if she can’t control that temper of hers!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 3) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Greg and Izaak put on a great match that really warmed up the crowd. Izaak used every dirty trick in the book to get ahead but Greg was able to power through it all and finally took Izaak down with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 9:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Matthew Gauge got into the ring with his brother but their celebration was cut short by Sam Keith’s entrance. He applauded Greg’s efforts and said that the apple obviously didn’t fall far from the tree. But he said that, as he proved last week when he beat Matt, both of his boys still had a lot to learn and that the Foundation were the best teachers for the job. He dared them to step into the ring with Mean Jean and Steven Parker again, saying that after the Foundation beats the Latin Connection tonight and after he himself beat Des Davids to become Regional Champ, they would destroy the Gauge Brothers. Greg and Matt burst out laughing, pointing out that they had already beaten Jean and Parker. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So unless your guys are going to teach us how to lose, I don’t really see the point,” [/COLOR]Greg said. But Matt then accepted the challenge, saying that maybe they would have to teach Sam a lesson. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the response 5) Steve Gumble appeared on screen. He hesitantly admitted that he was in a bit of a slump, but he was sure he would be able to turn things around. Someone laughing cut him off. Steve turned around and found himself face to face with Joey Beauchamp. Joey said the only way Steve would be able to [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“turn this around”[/COLOR] would be if he quit the business entirely and started selling insurance or something. Steve vehemently disagreed and suggested that Joey and he get in the ring at “New Legacy” so he could prove it. Joey laughed hysterically, saying he doubted that Steve’s loss column could stand another entry, but he was willing to give him that loss if he wanted. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE FOUND[/B]ATION The Rev said this would be a good exercise for Mainstream and J-Ro, a sort of warm-up so they could be ready to face the Titans at “New Legacy.” It turned out to be more of a fight than anyone expected. Sam Keith had obviously lit a fire under Jean and Parker as they seemed hungrier than ever. Mainstream and J-Ro had to struggle to stay a step ahead. But eventually, the Foundation managed to wear them down and finally took them out, Mean Jean taking J-Ro out with a Mood Swing. WINNERS: [B]The Foundation [/B]in 10:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Des Davids came out to the ring and said that he wasn’t worried about taking on Sam Keith. He implied very heavily that Sam was well past his prime and would be put out to pasture soon. Instead, he wanted to talk about Davis Wayne Newton. He admitted that Davis had been beating him pretty badly lately. But he wanted to prove he was the better man. That’s why he challenged Davis to a non-title match at “New Legacy.” He said that without the title in the picture, Davis wouldn’t be tempted to cheat. Davis came out and accepted the challenge, although he called Des a coward for refusing to defend his title. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the challenge and the response 8) [B]DES DAVIDS (c) vs. SAM KEITH [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Sam apparently didn’t appreciate Des’s comments about his age and really went after the younger man as hard as he could. Des, though, managed to stay one step ahead of the veteran for most of the match. At one point, Sam did manage to take Des down and almost got him into the Proton Lock, but Des managed to scramble to the ropes. Sam was able to capitalize even though he had to break the hold. Finally, though, Des surprised everyone by coming back with a spear, one that nearly took Sam out of his boots. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 9:32 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 9) It was time for the main event. But before anyone could come out, Alicia Strong entered the arena and pulled up a chair, taking a headset to do guest commentary. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) Out came Junior. She was followed to the ring by Ash Campbell. Junior got into the ring and took a mic, saying that she had learned a lot from Ash and that she felt she was ready to get her revenge on Fumihiro Ota. She dared him to step into the ring with her at “New Legacy.” Ash smiled and nodded, applauding to show his support. The Rev questioned how quickly Junior was to challenge Ota. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 11)[B] JUNIOR vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Sadly these two didn’t click in the ring. They were still able to put on a good match; it just could have been so much better. Jay didn’t hold anything back, but Alicia’s presence at ringside seemed to unnerve him. He seemed to spend about a quarter of the match shooting dirty looks in her direction. Alicia responded in kind, often falling silent when she and Jay made eye contact. But the story of the match was Junior. Instead of turning into a raging bull, she seemed a bit more reserved. The Rev said that just made her all the more deadly, seeing as we knew she could pull out the rage at any moment. That, plus Jay’s somewhat distracted state, proved to be Jay’s undoing. Junior finally took him down and got him to tap with a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 12:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) Backstage, Fumihiro Ota was watching the match on a monitor. He didn’t look happy. Well, it’s kind of hard to tell. He was still wearing his ninja mask. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 13) I got into the ring to oversee the contract signing. Out came Hugh and Sam to sign the contract for Hugh’s title defense. Sam went first. He told Hugh that he respected him as a competitor. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Most guys in your position would lie and cheat a whole lot more than you have. Sure, you may stab me in the back from time to time, but we both know you don’t have to. But that won’t matter this Sunday. I’m going to take that belt away from you and end your reign.”[/COLOR] He then signed the contract. Hugh smirked at him and signed the contract. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You’re absolutely right. I don’t have to stab you in the back. But it’s so much more fun when I do.”[/COLOR] That’s when Agent 69 hit the ring and attacked Sam, laying him out. The crowd wasn’t happy about that, but not for the reasons you might expect. The whole segment fell kind of flat. I’m disappointed in myself; this isn’t the way the go-home show before a PPV should have ended. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] The Rev then went through the card for “New Legacy” - [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION (c) vs. THE TITANS for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) [B]JUNIOR vs. FUMIHIRO OTA [/B]([COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR]) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS vs. THE FOUNDATION [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) [B]SAM PRATT vs. HUGH de ASKE (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] In spite of the clunker contract signing, we didn’t do too badly in the end. We got a rating of 1.51. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Greg Gauge defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]The Foundation defeated the Latin Connection [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids ( c) defeated Sam Keith to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, comments and predictions are welcome.

Archived