UWF: Universal Takeover!

[I]This is a real world diary set to begin in January 2007...I am waiting for Fall Of the One Ring Circus to be released and will use that mod (probably with some modifications to get the game where I want it to begin)...[/I] [SIZE="4"][B]The Return Of The Universal Wrestling Federation [/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="6"][B]Is Coming Soon!!!!!![/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/reduwflogo.jpg[/IMG] For those interested in reading up on the backstory, which began "Storywise in january 2006" [B]you can read here:[/B] [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18619"]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18619[/URL] [B]This is a quick synopsis of the backstory:[/B] I was hired as sales associate for a cable network that was undergoing a re-branding...I thought that professional wrestling would fit well into that networks programming... My initial thought was to buy and show "oldschool" wrestling matches from the 80's as sort of an alternative to the WWE...At the same time Vince McMahon was considering a 4th brand to his WWE empire and that was bringing back the WCW... Jim Ross approached Vince with the idea of a throwback wrestling league, with an emphasis on simpler look and presentation, tag wrestling, less talk and more action...This also was the same thing that I was proposing to network executives...the newtwork I worked for didn't want ot air old footage, but was interested in creating their own programming and I went to work on the same concept that Jim Ross was pushing on Vince McMahon... Now, that I've become so wrapped up in my own project, I decided to make a run at it full time...I met with Bill Watts about being able to use his history, lineage, characters and video library...Watts was fully behind my project of recreating some of wrestlings greatest rivalries, storylines and angles with a new set of characters, that he gave me his blessing and the UWF was revitilized.. In WWE world Vince was behind an retro style promotion, but thinking more like "rock-n-wrestling, cartoonish characters and such...When Vince got word of Bill Watts assisting with recreation of UWF with oldschool values..He thought JR was involved and thus their relationship deteriated...Vince became so irate that, when he heard UWF was negotiating with OLN (where I worked) that he pulled his MSG Wrestling Classics show off of MSG and used it for OLN with intentions of further negotiations with the network that would eventually become known as "Versus"... This tactic infuriated MSG executives, because they have been hurting due to lack of programming...Ross was further alienated by McMahon and eventually contacted Bill Watts in to what was this new UWF about...Watts pointed Ross in my direction, where he showed up at my office with some $$$ to get involved and James Dolan in his back pocket... James Dolan was chief executive of MSG network as well as owner of the NY Knicks...Dolan had a background in creating programming and Ross was the liason between WWE and MSG...Dolan was fired up about McMahon pulling programming and not running MSG anymore that he supported Jim Ross, by helping create a wrestling television program for MSG and a reduced rent for monthly wrestling card held at the Garden...The idea behind it was UWF would use the TV shows to try to attract fans to the big monthly show at the Garden...MSG network would recieve any advertising dollars from the programming and the wrestling community would have an alternative to Vince McMhaon's WWE Over a short period of time in fall of 2006, the UWF went from struggling independent promotion trying to get off the ground to competitor of WWE and TNA and running monthly shows at Madison Square Garden... We then started signing wrestlers to fill the roster Here is a list of who has been signed, There are pictures and videos of some of this talent on the link above [B][U]From The Indepent/International scene[/U][/B] Claudio Castagnoli Nigel McGuinness Harry Smith TJ Wilson Larry Sweeney Jay Briscoe Mark Briscoe Matt Bloom Fergal Devitt [B][U]Ross used his connection from WWE to sign away talent[/U][/B] Charlie Haas Trevor Murdoch KC James Brent "Gunner Scott" Albright Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore [B][U]From the retired scene[/U][/B] Ted Dibiase (will be involved in an undetermined yet role) Currently Ross is still negotiating with several WWE and TNA talents...There has also been talk of bring a big name on board, as well as some developemental talents... There has also, been talk of repacking some of the current signed talent into new characters, with new gimmicks and names...It's all coming to a head now as the Unversal Wrestling Federation sets out to try and takeover the wrestling Universe...But it wont be easy...We have a limited budget, were still an unkown product, and we have the wrath of Vince McMahon to deal with... Be sure to see how it all unfolds in the coming weeks... as the old diary will pick up here and [B]The Universal Wrestling Federation comes back to life![/B]

November 20th, 2006 [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/reduwflogo.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Navy"]UWFwrestling.com[/COLOR][/B] is reporting that the new Universal Wrestling Federation has agreed to terms with 2 former WWE contracted wrestlers: [B][SIZE="4"]Michael Depoli[/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="5"][B]AKA: RoadKill[/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Roadkill.jpg[/IMG] [B]6-0 303 lbs Lancaster, PA[/B] [B][U]Born: August 10, 1976 Debut: October 1996[/U][/B] Michael Depoli was trained at the ECW House of Hardcore by the likes Tazz and Mikey Whipwreck...He went on to become an ECW World tag Team Champion as Angry Amish Roadkill with partner Danny Doring...He gained a cult following as the "chicken plucker" in ECW...Depoli was brought into the WWE ECW and impressed in a few matches...He was sent down to OVW, where he was given a gimmick change and now was called "Braddock"...It is not yet known what kind of persona Michael Depoli will show up in the new UWF as, but one thing he does add is he keeps the old UWF tradition of Big Body, yet agile competitors that was synonymous with the old UWF. [B][SIZE="4"]Rodney Begnaud[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]AKA: Rodney Mack[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/reddog.jpg[/IMG] [B]6-1 245lbs Lafayette, Louisianna[/B] [B][U]Born: October 12, 1973 Debut: 1993[/U][/B] Rodney Begnaud was trained for the sport, by his idol, The JunkYard Dog...He moved through many mid-south independents before joining the OVW where he wrestled under the names Badd Dogg and Redd Dogg...Begnaud became an OVW Tag Team Champion...he eventually made his way to the WWE under the management of Theodore R. Long...This is when Begnaud made his biggest name for himself as Rodney Mack...He is married to former ECW/WWE wrestler Jazz and Begnaud who grew up in Mid-South Wrestling has made a vow to keep to keep the memory of his mentor and trainer Junkyard Dog alive in the new Universal Wrestling Federation.

November 23, 2006 [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/reduwflogo.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]UWFwrestling.com [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]has reported that the new Universal Wrestling Federation has come to terms with several young talented wrestlers, who will work the undercard of UWF events and try to impress the UWF championship committee enough to warrant full-time bookings [B][U]Those signed include:[/U][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/raygordy.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Ray Gordy 5-10 215lbs[/U][/B] Gordy has UWF bloodlines in that he is the son of former UWF champion the late great Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy. [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/brandon.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Brandon Thomaselli 5-9 189lbs[/U][/B] The 3rd brother of the well known on the independent circuit, the Thomaselli bothers, also known as "The Iron Saints" [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/eddiecolon.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Eddie Colon 5-10 220lbs[/U][/B] Another second generation wrestler. Eddie is son of the legendary Carlos Colon and brother of WWE superstar "Carlito" [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/walters.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]John Walters 6-0 225lbs[/U][/B] Walters has made a name for himself in the northeast independents including a run as ROH "Pure Wrestling" Champion [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MikeDiBiase.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TedDiBiaseJr.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Mike & Teddy DiBiase Jr.[/U][/B] Again the UWF goes the direction of second generation wrestlers and that of a legendary UWF wrestler in his own right, the UWF's own Ted Dibiase. [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/akuma.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Gran Akuma 5-9 193lbs[/U][/B] Akuma is a hard hitting, intense competitor that has made a name for himself with Chikara and FIP [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/kennyomega.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Kenny Omega 6-1 210lbs[/U][/B] Omega is a high flyer from Canada, who at one time had earned a developemental deal with the WWE At this time...The UWF is close to completing its roster...However, The UWF is still in negotiations with a major star, a couple of on-the bubble WWE wrestlers and has begun talks with a current TNA wrestler...The UWF is also looking for a couple of veterans to help mold this youthful roster and are still negotiating to bring back some old UWF/Mid-South names.

JR's Blog [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/jrsblog.jpg[/IMG] Well, I must say, I never thought I'd be in this position...Just a few months ago, I had a high profile job with the premier wrestling organization in the country and now I'm working for a concept that is a take off, on where I began my professional career...What a roller coaster 2006 has been. I cant help but say, I'm really excited about whats going on here in the new UWF...We've got some outstanding young talent and in about 2 months time, we'll be showcasing that talent in MADISON SQUARE GARDEN...However, there still is alot a work that needs to be done, as of right now, the only fans that really know about us, are the diehard, internet followers...It's going to be a struggle, but we hope to develope a new, yet oldschool approach to the way wrestling is to be promoted... [B][COLOR="Red"][U]Now lets answer some of your e-mails[/U][/COLOR][/B] Jim (from Glenns Falls, NY) writes: [I]JR, good to see you out of the WWE and into this new rebirth of the ole UWF.... I really those days of Mid-South wrestling in the 80's..Is there any chance we'll see some stars from that era pop up in the new UWF?[/I] [B]JR: Well Jim, it seems that wrestling nostalgia is hitting an all-time high in popularity, so we'd like to capture some of the glory from yesteryear...Ted Dibiase is on board and I'm really not sure what Ted has up his sleeve...Bill Watts will play a role, in fact we're going to honor Bill at our first television tapings...There has been some contact with Steve Williams, Terry Taylor and believe it or not Skandor Akbar has even been sniffing around our office.[/B] Sylvester (from Charlotte, NC) writes: [I]What titles are going to be up for grabs in the new UWF?[/I] [B]JR: As of right now, Sylvester...The UWF plans on holding an 8 man tournament to declare the first UWF Universal Heavyweight Champion in the new era...The Universal Tag team Titles will be brought back as well...As is the North American Championship...It is not yet known how those titles will be filled as of yetThe North American title holder, will be ranked as the #1 contender to the world title.[/B] Steve (from Norman, Oklahoma) writes: [I]Will, the UWF get back to its roots and tour the Mid-South region?[/I] [B]JR: Thanks for writing Steve, and you know that is our full intentions at some point in time...Unfortunately we only have a tv deal with MSG network and they have given us an outstanding lease agreement to bring the UWF to NYC...So for now, will keep it close to the Garden, because we're going to be pinching pennies, especially with some of the money we've dealt out for our outstanding talent...But to answer your question, at some point the re-establishing the Mid-South area will become a priority for this company.[/B] George (from Chicago, Illinois) writes: Any truth to the rumor we'll see Stone Cold Steve Austin in a UWF ring? [B]JR: Well George, Steve and I go back a long ways and in fact I have been in contact with Stone Cold, and who in their right mind wouldn't want him...But as of right now, Steve is comfortable hanging out at his home in Texas and not in any hurry to get back into the ring...But in this business you can never say never.[/B] Well fans thats all the time I have for this months blog, if you have any questions for me about the UWF feel free to send him via pm to my good buddy "Oldschool" and I'll make sure I address them here next time..And of course keep following along as the rebirth of the UWF is not to far away [B]JR[/B]

November 30th [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/reduwflogo.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="Navy"][B][SIZE="5"]UWFwrestling.com[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] has reported that the new UWF has come to terms with a former champion from the WWE... [B][SIZE="5"]PAUL LONDON [/SIZE][/B] [B]Has signed with the UWF![/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/london.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]5-10 205lbs Austin, Texas[/U][/B] UWF is proud to announce the signing of a two-time WWE tag team champion (once with Brian Kendrick & once with Billy Kidman) in Paul London. London who began his career under training at the Texas Wrestling Academy under Shawn Michaels, graduated from a class that also included Bryan Danielson, Lance Cade, Spanky and Michael Shane...In addition he also trained at the Funk'in Conservatory under Dory Funk Jr. London made his initial mark on the sport in Ring Of Honor, by having great matches with Michael Shane, Bryan Danielson, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe...He also performed internationally as well as in TNA, prior to him joining the WWE...In the world of Sports Entertainment London was a Cruiserweight champion in addition to his 2 reigns as tag team champion...He is also the 2003 winner of the ECWA Super 8 tournament and was voted most underated wrestler of the year by Pro Wrestling Observer in 2004. "It was a tough decision to leave the WWE as that was always my dream growing up as a wrestling fan." London stated, "However, I love the idea of bringing wrestling back to its roots, with todays current style of innovative wrestling." London added, "I wasn't originally sold on the idea, but the things the UWF has been doing with Madison Square Garden, the talent they've been signing and Jim Ross has been talking with me since he was in in the WWE about this concept, has really won me over." Jim Ross stated, "Paul Lodon is an exciting athlete capable of having great matches...He reminds me of a modern day Ricky Steamboat and we cant wait to see what he can do in a UWF ring without limitations." For a preview of what UWF fans can expect from Paul London, here is a highlight video of him in action!

December 2006 [B][SIZE="5"]Meeting of the Minds II[/SIZE][/B] [I][COLOR="navy"]Time is truly beginning to fly by now. It has been almost 1 year since this concept was born and now we are less than 2 months away from running Madison Square Garden... I'm on my way to meeting with Jim Ross, Bill Watts and Ted Dibiase for state of the promotion meeting.[/COLOR][/I] [B]Me:[/B] Alright gentlemen, I have to admit, that my anxiety is driving me crazy... In less than a year I've gone from smart mark wrestling fan to be a promoter of Vince McMahon's most hated competition... [B]JR:[/B] Well kid, you need to toughen up, because this is going to be a battle, and Vince has alot of resources, that I'm sure he is going to use to just crush us, right from the get go. [B]Ted:[/B] The good thing is, despite our limited resources, we've got some solid amunition of our own... James Dolan is a powerful media mogul, who undoubtedly will do what it takes to get the viewers and fans to watch and attend MSG... Also, our roster is really starting to excited. They have really bought into our "oldschool" philosophy and have been providing tremendous feedback with ideas, not to mention resting up some lingering injuries and they'll be ready to go 100 MPH next month. [B]Bill:[/B] Were still lacking that big name go-to-guy. [B]Me:[/B] Unfortunately, it looks as if all the big names are just to expensive right now as Lesnar, Goldberg, Austin have all declined...It looks as if we'll have to rely on Paul London, Charlie Haas, Matt Bloom, Roadkill, Nick Dinsmore as our top recognizable names. [B]Bill:[/B] We can make the names through good storylines and developing their characters, is our roster set? Or do we have anyone else coming aboard. [B]Me:[/B] Well, I've been in talks with an independent superstar, who has made a name for himself in TNA recently, so if he decides to come aboard, they may make themselves enemies of ours as well. I'm sworn to secrecacyright now, but should know within a couple of days if he'll make the jump. [B]JR:[/B] I've got a couple more guys, who may come on board as well, but nothing of any major impact at this moment. [B]Ted:[/B] I've had some talks with a currently contracted WWE wrestler who is interested in coming on board as he's not sure if his contract will be renewed and we may already be running NY, when it happens, but if it does, we could certainly package him in a way to be a big star here...Obviously I've made a huge promise, not to mention his name yet, so we'll see how it developes and I'll let you all in, if and when he's available! [B]Me:[/B] I'm going to completely pretend I didn't here any of that, because the suspense will kill me! [B]Watts:[/B] We still need to grab a few veterans to work with our young roster and help be locker room leaders. [B]JR:[/B] I've contacted a few guys like Brad Armstrong, Glenn Gilbertti, Tracey Smothers and even Rick Steiner...But not sure how it will work...Not to mention both Steiner, and Armstrong have UWF bloodlines. [B]Watts:[/B] Skandor Akbar is interested in a part-time role, but not sure how often he wants to travel to NY...Same for Dr. Death Steve Williams...Shane Douglass might be a good mouthpiece and he began in the UWF...One Man Gang and Kamala are still semi-active as well. [B]JR:[/B] I think its important to have some UWF tradition involved and I have an idea how to kick this whole thing off when we go on TV in a few weeks. [B]Me:[/B] I cant believe it's coming this fast, we need to get the web-site updated with our roster and biographies of our new characters... Who have we decided and not decided to repackage? [B]Ted:[/B] Well, Matt Bloom, Rodney Mack, Fergal Devitt, John Walters all will have new names/characters... [B]JR:[/B] and we're still undecided about Roadkill, Nick Dinsmore, Ray Gordy, Kenny Omega and Brent Albright... Claudio Castagnoli, Nigel McGuinness, Briscoe Brothers, Harry Smith, TJ Wilson, Paul London, Kasey James and Trevor Murdoch I think we've agreed to pretty much leave alone [B]Me:[/B] We need to get their names out there in the public eye...Be it wrestling sheets or a radio tour or via internet and we need to get a hold of Dolan to get promos running on MSG soon as well... There is so much work that still needs to be done, that there just doesn't seem to be enough time> [B]JR:[/B] Thats why I've taken the liberty to bring in another guy to help with our television production and he can serve as a ring announcer, play-by-play guy, an interviewer and even a manager if we decide (JR picks up his cell, hits a speed dial and introduces me to former WWE announcer [B][SIZE="5"]Kevin Kelly[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/kevin.jpg[/IMG] [I][COLOR="Navy"]I'm a little relieved, that Kevin is on board, because we need some assistance as the work when it comes to promoting our product to the media should already be in place, but is not. Kevins TV knowledge can help with getting promos on the air and he might be nice addition for getting a media blitz going, but as excited as I am to have Kevin join us, part of me just wished JR had introduced me to Michael Hayes... Maybe someday.[/COLOR][/I]

December 10,2006 [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/reduwflogo.jpg[/IMG] As The New Universal Wrestling Federation begins closing in on its inaugural televised program and its debut in Madison Square Garden, a flurry of activity has occurred over the few hours as the UWF rounds out its roster. [SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Navy"]UWFwrestling.com[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] has reported that the new UWF has come to terms with: [B][SIZE="5"]Chris Guy AKA: Ace Steel[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/acesteel.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]5-9 215lbs Chicago, Illinois[/U][/B] Ace Steel born in January of 1973 has been a mainstay on the independent scene over the last 10 years...A solid, crafty veteran who has trained the likes of CM Punk and Colt Cabana was also their partners as a member of the Second City Saints in ROH...Steel has also performed in various midwest Independents including WLW and IWA Mid-South...The UWF is lookin forward to the veteran prescence that Chris "Ace Steel" Guy will bring to the ring [B][SIZE="5"]Brian Flemming[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/brianflemming.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]6-2 245lbs[/U][/B] Brian Flemming is a relative unknown, who has honed his craft wrestling in California independents... Flemming wrestled as Al Katrazz in the California based UPW and recently performed at MTV's wrestling Society X tapings... At one point the former minor league baseball player earned a WWE developemental deal, but never actually performed with the WWE... The UWF is lloking forward to the brawling intensity that Brian Flemming can bring to the ring. [B][SIZE="5"]Davey Richards[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/daveyrichards.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]5-8 202lbs Othello, Washington[/U][/B] Mr. Intensity as he has become known on the independents, made his debut in 2004 after training at the WCW Power Plant. Richards spent additional time being trained by Tony Kozina as well... Richards became a breakout Independent star in 2006, thanks to his performances with PWG, ROH and FIP... He was the winner of the 2006 ECWA Super 8 tournament, defeating fellow UWF signee Charlie Haas in the finals... Richards has made a splash in ROH, with a string of victories over Jimmy Rave and even was able to wrestle his idol KENTA during his tour of ROH... Richards has stated his goal is to hold GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship and hopes to use his time in UWF as a springboard to earning wrestling contracts in Japan. For a sneek preview of what UWF fans can expect out of Davey Richards here is a video of his highlights: UWF officials have stated that they intend to finalize their roster in the coming days and the site will will be updated with new wrestler profiles... Also, the UWF plans to announce its first Television taping and MSG show for the month of January... Keep checking in on [B][COLOR="navy"]UWFwrestling[/COLOR][/B] for more annuncements to come!

JR's Blog [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/jrsblog.jpg[/IMG] Well, were less than a month away from our debut on the MSG network and from just a little more than a month away from live wrestling action at the garden itself... Currently we're beginning to run adds on MSG promoting our weekly television program UWF "Thursday Night Titans" or "TNT", which will air at 10pm-11pm... It will have an "oldschool" feel to it, as we tape the shows in advance, and basically we will use this program to attempt to draw fans to our monthly events at the Garden... Kevin Kelly has been working hard for us getting these promos going and will be doing a media blitz around the tri-state area to get some momentum going for us as we head into the new new year... We've also been working at developing some new characters, names and looks for some of our signed talent...While some have name value already, others just need a little character developement to help get them over in the Tri-State area... We have such a diverse roster that we may even play up, some of our ethnic characters, much like how the old WWWF did back in the day when the were selling out the Garden month after month. Finally, our roster is almost complete, we're still in negotiations with several name wrestlers, but they most likely wont be brought on board until after we've begun running shows...There is still some guys who are close to signing that will be "develoemental" wrestlers, so to speak and a few guys who will be brought in solely for the purpose of being enhancement talent...We may have a guy or two that were still looking at for the roles of being a mouthpiece. Also looking at a couple of semi-active guys and a couple of referees, who will be signed as well. on to some e-mails. [B]Jack from Savannah, GA writes:[/B] [I]"You have signed some good lighter workers like Davey Richards, Paul London, Eddie Colon and TJ Wilson, is there any thought of creating a cruiserweight division"[/I] [B]JR: Well Jack, at the moment we're going to focus on the World Titles both for singles and Tag Team, we really want bring alot of prestige to these titles as eventually we hope to have them defended around the world... After that we want to develope the North American Championship as we have eyes on eventually ezpanding into Canada as well. We have talked about creating a Television title, but at this moment are not going to go that route as we feel that having too many Titles will de-value the ones we want to focus on... In addition, most the wrestlers on our roster are over 200lbs and have the skill level to compete with the larger guys...For example Davey Richards has defeated Charlie Haas in the prestigious ECWA Super 8 tournament, so we know they can compete.[/B] [B]John from Hollywood writes:[/B] [I]"When you say "oldschool" what does that actually mean."[/I] [B]JR: We're looking at promoting wrestling like it was 1983 all over again... So, there is alot of things were going to do. Starting with the return of enhancement matches to help develope the credibility of our wrestlers...Were getting away from the cameras just floating around in the back, catching wrestlers having secret conversations, We're getting back to the guy in the event center, who will do a short promo with a worker hyping up his forthcoming match... There will be no 20 minute interviews in the ring, as that's were the action takes place... Characters will be simpler, the wrestling attire will be simpler as we look to get back to the black trunks, black boots look.... They is a whole generation of wrestling fans that missed out on great angles of the 80's. We will look to re-invent them in a way to re-live them over, but that it will lay it's own mark in history...We're a sports company, not an entertainment company... Even the music will be a bit of a throwback![/B] [B]Eddie from Memphis writes:[/B] [I]Is there any stars from the old UWF who will have rolls?[/I] [B]JR: Well, Ted Dibiase has been having some negotiations with wrestlers that he has kept secret...Bill Watts will serve as analyst for our television program. We've talked to Steve Williams, about helping develope some of our talent, and right now he cant commit to travel to the north... I dont want to speculate on what might happen, but we have had talks with Jim Duggan, Skandor Akbar, Shane Douglass, One Man Gang, Terry Taylor, Rick Steiner, Tommy Rogers and Bobby Fulton... Unfortunately Terry Gordy, Buzz Sawyer, Eddie Gilbert, Ray Traylor and Chris Adams are no longer with us and on that note, I'd like to send out my condolences to the friends, family and fans of Bam Bam Bigelow, another tragic story and a life ended to soon.[/B]

December 15, 2006 [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/reduwflogo.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Navy"]UWFwrestling.com[/COLOR][/B] is reporting, that the new Universal Wrestling Federation has come to terms with several young independent wrestlers. [B]Erick Stevens[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ErickStevens.jpg[/IMG] [B]6-1 244lbs[/B] [B]Sarasota, Florida[/B] Stevens is a powerful, yet skilled young wrestler that was trained by Roderick Strong. He has begun to make a name for himself in on the Florida independent scene. [B]Steve Farvata[/B] [B]5-11 227lbs[/B] [B]Tampa, Florida[/B] [I][SIZE="5"]no pic avaiable[/SIZE][/I] Farvata has made his name in the Florida Independents as Steve Madison...Trained by Steve Keirn and Jimmy Del Ray, this former baseball standout in high school, recently graduated from U. South Florida. He has extensively traveled the world in his young career, having spent time in Japan and Europe. [B]Prince Nana[/B] [B]5-11 235lbs[/B] [B]New York, NY[/B] [I][SIZE="5"]No pic available[/SIZE][/I] A legitimate prince, Nana is the nephew of King Otumfo Osei Tutu of the Ashanti region in Ghana...Nana moved to the United States at an early age to pursue an education...Nana was trained by Johnny Rodz, ab has made a name for himself on the East Coast independent scene, in particular Ring Of Honor where he formed a heel stable known as the embassy [B]Talia[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/journey.jpg[/IMG] Talia has worked as a valet on the Florida independent scene [SIZE="5"][B]Stay tuned to UWFwrestling.com as we will be revealing our updated roster/pics as UWF prepares to debut on the Madison Square Garden network.[/B][/SIZE]

Coming Soon !!! The Uwf !!!!!!! [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/reduwflogo.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="6"]UWF Wrestler Profiles[/SIZE][/B] In just a few short weeks the new Universal Wrestling Federation will make its debut on the [B]Madison Square Garden Network[/B] The 1 hour program will be called [B]"Thursday Night Titans"[/B]... The program will be utilized to promote the new superstars of the [B]UWF[/B] and draw fans to our monthly wrestling event at [B][SIZE="5"]MADISON SQUARE GARDEN[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/garden.jpg[/IMG] To listen to the theme of UWF wrestling click the video below and njoy while you catch up on our wrestler profiles [I][B]The theme is "Battle Without Honor Or Humanity"[/B][/I] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/charliehaas1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Charlie Haas[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-2 247lbs Dallas, Texas[/B] Theme Music: [I]Born in the USA[/I]by Bruce Springsteen [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Albright.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Brent Albright[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-0 243lbs Tulsa, Oklahoma[/B] Theme Music: Tom Sawyer by Rush [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/doublec.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Claudio Castagnoli[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-4 238lbs Switzerland[/B] Theme Music: We Will Rock You Segueing into Sledgehammer by Queen/Peter Gabriel [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/kaseyjames1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]"Wildfire" Kasey James[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-1 239lbs Hendersonville, TN[/B] Theme Music: Hard To Handle, Black Crowes [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/bloom.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Butcher Bernard[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-7 363lbs Parts Unknown[/B] Theme Music: War Pigs, Black Sabbath [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/london5.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Paul London[/SIZE][/B] [B]5-10 206lbs San Antonio, TX[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/murdoch.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Trevor Murdoch[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-4 276lbs Waxahachie, TX[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Roadkill2.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]"Mad Dog" DePoli[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-0 302lbs Lafeyette, LA[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/nigel1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Nigel McGuinness[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-1 232lbs Manchester, England[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/dinsmore.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]"Mr. Delicious" Nick Dinsmore [/SIZE][/B] [B]6-0 232lbs Jeffersonville, IN[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Steele.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]"Crazed & Sexy" Ace Steel[/SIZE][/B] [B]5-9 224lbs Chicago, IL[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/fergal.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Danny Boy Flynn[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-1 216lbs Dublin, Ireland[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/walters-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Spiros Stagikas[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-0 233lbs Athens, Greece[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/raygordy-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Terry Ray Gordy[/SIZE][/B] [B]5-10 215lbs Chattanooga, TN[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/flemming.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Bruiser Nagorski[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-2 258lbs Milwaulkee, WI[/B] [B]More To Come![/B]

More UWF Profiles [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/reduwflogo.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/brandont.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]"The Iron Saint" Brandon Thomaselli[/SIZE][/B] [B]5-9 201lbs Chicago, IL[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/madison.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Stevie Madison[/SIZE][/B] [B]5-11 227lbs Tampa, FL[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/kennyomega-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Tyson Smith[/SIZE][/B] 6-2 213lbs Los Angelas, CA [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/stevens.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]"Psycho" Dewey Stevens[/SIZE][/B] [B]6-1 244lbs Pittsburgh, PA[/B] [B][U][SIZE="6"]TAG TEAMS[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]Canadian Bulldogs[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/harrysmith.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/tjwilson.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Harry Smith & TJ Wilson[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]The Briscoe Brothers[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/jaybriscoe.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/markbriscoe.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Jay & Mark Briscoe[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]The Dynamite Express[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Richards.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/granakuma.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Davey Richards & Gran Akuma[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]The Dibiase Boys[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MikeDiBiase.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/teddydibiase.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Mike & Teddy Jr. DiBiase[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="6"][U]MANAGERS[/U][/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/larrysweeney-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]"Mr. More-More-More, $uper Agent, Sweet & Sour" Larry Sweeney[/SIZE][/B] [B]5-9 206lbs Redondo Beach, CA[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Nana.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Prince Nana[/SIZE][/B] [B]5-11 238lbs New York, NY "via" Ashanti Region of Ghana[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/talia.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Vixen[/SIZE][/B] [B]5-1 105lbs Van Eihhs, CA[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/dibiase.jpg[/IMG] [B]Ted DiBiase[/B] [B]6-3 255lbs Making his winter residence in South Beach, FL[/B] [SIZE="6"][B]The UWF[/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="5"]It's Coming Soon!!!!!![/SIZE][/B]

• 2 months later...
JR's Blog [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/jrsblog.jpg[/IMG] Well, it's been awhile, as finances have set us back from our target start date... But it looks as if everything is about to come together now in the next few weeks... We're hoping that the new UWF will be able to kick off its reincarnation at The World Most Famous Arena early March... The new UWF also looks to begin airing it's weekly television show on the MSG network in May as well... Previous commitments to the Knicks and Rangers would have forced us to shuttle our time slot around, but with their seasons ending we should be able solidify our Thursday Night Time slot [B]On to e-mails[/B] [B]Rick from Michigan writes:[/B] [I]JR, I was wondering if you've lost any talent during the layoff, between your expected start date and new start date:[/I] [B]JR: Well, we have parted ways with with Rodney Begnaud "Rodney Mack in the WWE" as he has decided to pursue other interests of his own... Claudio Castagnoli almost had a deal with the WWE, however that fell through and he will be staying with the new UWF....Charlie Haas was also asked about returning to the "E" but he has re-commited himself to our new brand as well[/B] [B]Tommy from LA writes:[/B] [I]Have you had any contact with new talent, that will be joining your already established roster?[/I] [B]JR: We're always looking for athletic, credible talent, but for the most part we've focused on solving our internal issues... However, now that it seems as if we've got our product back on track, you can be best assured we're lloking for more talent:[/B] [B]Bobby from LA writes:[/B] [I]Any truth to the rumor, that Steve Austin may pop up in the UWF?[/I] [B]JR: In this business, never say never, but for now Steve is enjoying retirement[/B] Thats all the time I have for right now, but check back to see more details soon about the rebirth of the UWF. JR

Archived