TNA at WWE press conference video

NickC13573

[QUOTE=The Gaz;179590]Haha FU TNA. WWE owns your yard so get the f*ck out.[/QUOTE] Hate to break it to you but its not 1998 anymore, WWE's product fell off, now there ratings and buys are slipping because they simply cant book a good product right now, and TNA is preety bad to right now, back in the Summer of 05 when TNA didn't have TV there were booking there best product because they weren't worrying themselves with trying to get attention they just had a good product, now there trying to annoy WWE and try to get casual wrestling fans attention instead of just making good matches. I mean how awesome would have been if Joe Angle was drawn out more and they saved that match for a Big PPV (like Slamiversery) but since TNA is trying to get the casual fan so they have the match not even a month into the story and in 10 minutes Joe's streak of more than a Year is over. and Gaz you have shown us all your intelligence by not making an argument to why wwe is better but instead saying "FU man WWE is hella cool TNA gets Pwned" yea great arguement.

Also with the Joe and Angle thing that is part of the reason i can't watch TNa anymore its like....WHY. everyone wanted to see it but you rushed it and ruined it, you could have had Joe and Angle do seperate things but crossing paths building it so people know its coming and tuning in week after week just to see when they finally come to blows. But instead, WHAM, BAM, Thank you Mam.... By the way Joe you know that huge push we gave you, making you unstoppable and building huge momentum...Yeah...You know how that would lead into making you a GREAT champ...Yeah.....Well instead your gonna lose to Angle in a few weeks, Ok ? Good bye bye.

Well Skills. You cant really tell when you should hold back and PUSH!!!!!!!! it. I admit that you should have had Joe win the NWA Heavyweight title and then have them fued but you cant really blame them for giving us something that we wanted. Joe vs. Angle III has better buildup then both. and in Joe/Angle I; I have heard conflicting reports that either Angle (more likely) or Joe called for the finish 10 minutes early

No but you can worry about them not making something people wanted into something huge, something that they could have ridden the waves off to maybe compete with WWE. They gave us what we wanted but if they had waited, there would have been more people who wanted to see it cuz they got drew into the Angle vs Joe saga but instead there just sticking with their main fan base drawing in a few more. Just my 2 cents.

ya, I guess. I just think that Joe vs. Angle III will be the best one yet. I havent seen the first two. Also, I love this Abyss/Sting/Mitchell storyline. I think Cage and Tomko (Dont need HIM) just got stuck in there becuz they need him to do something. I love how Lynn wants to wrestle in the six sided ring. I cant figure out where Daniels fits, heel? face? tweener? So even though Angle/Joe was rushed. they seem to be building MONSTER fueds with their other talent. Who knows maybe they will stick Angle in a Program with Abyss over the NWA title. With Samoa Joe fuming over the loss in Angle/Joe III and then have those 2 fued.

Point taken, i agree it could have been. BOTH Tna and WWE could be better in virtually every area but the Angle/Joe thing just niggles at me cuz it could have made TNA, they wouldnt be competing with WWE but if they had done it right they would be alot nearer. Maybe im wrong but thats just how i see it.

I agree with you. Just now that they have wasted the opportunity, even though I like phsycho heel Kurt; we just have to hope that another opportunity arises. Like the house show in Puerto Rico (correct me if Im wrong) they had jody Fleisch in there. I say bring him into TNA full time.

One thing i am adamant about tho is Voodoo kin Mafia.....is complete BS. Tna is gonna sink so fast if this is the norm....people can say WWE does this but they have enuff fans to do this kinda crap. TNA doesnt have the rep yet, so this kinda thing is just digging their own grave. Hopefully this will end before permanent damage is done to Tna.

[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;179684]Point taken, i agree it could have been. BOTH Tna and WWE could be better in virtually every area but the Angle/Joe thing just niggles at me cuz it could have made TNA, they wouldnt be competing with WWE but if they had done it right they would be alot nearer. Maybe im wrong but thats just how i see it.[/QUOTE] I think everyone kind of believe's this as well. In the posts your getting replies like "Yah, they probably should have, but they still have the feud going, so it could get bigger". This leads me to believe most are feeling the same way, just still have hope. I would have liked them to build up the Angle vs. Joe thing alot more myself. I have a different feeling on what they should have done with it though. I think Joe and Angle fighting together should have been done for a good while longer. I would have liked to see them get into some smaller feuds with some of the tag teams, and then eventually into bigger feuds with people like Christian or Abyss, or even Daniels or someone other then each other. Have all those end in the PPV's. Then have them start with each other... "I'm the best!" "You haven't beat the best yet, and thats ME!!" etc... And I would have the whole feud on TV, no PPV's... I would have the final match on TV, and that would skyrocket their show I think. See, the thing with TNA that really bugs me, worse then anything, is they leave nothing for the people that DO NOT, and WILL NEVER buy a PPV. I won't, and I don't see myself EVER buying one. I might by some Tapes or something, but I'm not into the whole Pay me 40 dollars (or whatever it is), and you will get to see who wins first thing. I can wait till the next show and watch the highlights, lol. WWE likes to do the same thing, but I have seen the Title's been on the line time and time again on TV, not PPV. Now they may or may not lose them, but hey, sometimes they do.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;179650]ya, Skillz I agree. TNA should get Mantel and Russo out of Creative and go back with D'More, Jarrett, Borash, and hell throw Nash and Mitchell in there.[/QUOTE] D'Moore is good but Jarret & Nash should be no where near creative, and people keep crapping on Russo but Russo was a huge part of the attitude era and the superstar egos (of people like Nash, Hogan, Hall etc) kept him from booking guys like Beniot or Mysterio to the top (which he was planning to do), Russo was never given a chance in WCW and now people blame him for all the crap that happend, the main eventers in WCW were just as responsible for that horrible product (which actually entertained me).

Yeah he did, thats what he meant by Russo was responsible for attitude era :p. He is good but some of the crap he comes up with, he deserves a place but should not have final say. Thats what made his WWF stuff good cuz Vince kept an eye over his ideas whilst in WCW he had final say. Although Hogan needing a seperate limo for his ego didnt help. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=NickC13573;179682]ya, but really if you think about it. Angle/Daniels or Angle/Styles could be better.[/QUOTE] I think AJ Styles and Kurt Angle would be golden. If TNA can push Styles hard into the main event scene, they can really pull Styles/Angle off great. TNA should have AJ Styles go over Rhino for the finish of that fued with AJ going out of it the winner and elevating himself(or beat the crap out of Rhino). If it was like a Goldberg/Lesnar buildup, they can do wonders with AJ and Angle. Although the finish to Goldberg vs Lesnar was terrible with their match at Wrestlemania a few years back. But with phenomenal wrestlers like AJ Styles and Kurt Angle, the possibilities are endless. TNA has pretty much killed the heat with Joe/Angle fued. They jumped the gun way too quick. 3 Matches in 3 Months. TNA(or Russo) needs to learn a vital tool called "Anticipation," because "Anticipation" creates matches of the year.

I think Russo is stuck in a ratings first mentality. He is booking like its the Monday Night Wars version 2.0. The only problem is, even if he spikes a rating, it won't be taking away from the WWE's. Right now TNA need to build up the loyal veiwers, once that is over they can tease in the casuals with names and shiny objects. As for the WWE, they know TNA aren't competition now, but I'd be very surprised if they were ignoring them comlpetely. My main problem with TNA is the lack of upward movement in the roster. Everyone seems trapped in a time warp with regards to card position. If someone makes main event these days, its because they came in at the top from outside. And before I get the expected retort to that, yes WWE is guilty of it too (more in how no-one moves at all really). I just think that its in TNA's interest to build fresh stars, like Joe and strengthen their own brand of wrestling rather than bring in folks who will always have the association with WWE/WCW. With WWE its a different problem, it constantly brings in new faces only to either cut them off at the knees or push them so hard that they wind up completely out of their depth. Older stars have become so entrenched that nobody ever expects the newcomers to make any lasting impact now. Cena is a rare exception and, unlike Dave, he has age on his side but they have latched onto him in almost desperate fashion and are completely overexposing him. Booking seems to be done by random lottery (as does gimmick assignment) and the PPV schedule has watered down the product that were I not blagging most of them on Sky here in the UK, I'd have stopped watching them almost comlpetely. Now Chikara! That's something I haven't lost faith in! :)

TNA-The next big thing So uh yeah on raw tonight during that stupid rosie v. trump match that was probably the worst storyline in WWE history, almost the ENTIRE crowd was chanting VKM...hmm....thats right VKM, i think TNA's competition status is solid and i pick them as the final straw to the destruction of WWE. Vince's product has been bad for years and the WWE creative team is **** coming up with horrible sortylines while russo is doing good work with the Jarrets on TNA, pushing new, deserving talnet, but also keeping around useful legends. TNA will do better than WCW ever did because its product is sooo different, while WCW was much more similar to wwe than TNA is. WWE's time has come and they need to fall. I am an old WCW fan and i love the WCW, but TNA beats them by far. All they need is a longer show and they will destroy both smack down and Raw. This week's raw was crap, last week's smackdown was crap, but the last impact was sick. How can you tell? pay attention to the crowds. WWE has had some of the quietest crowds in history in the last weeks, while TNA is heating up like the sun. Maybe it's just that i'd rather have seen bischoff or Flair buy WCW and keep it alive than Vince, but WWE has to go. It's time has past, its past its prime, there is no more attitude era, and it needs to go. Buying WCW and ECW was the worst thing WWE ever did.

[QUOTE=wes06424;181191]So uh yeah on raw tonight during that stupid rosie v. trump match that was probably the worst storyline in WWE history, almost the ENTIRE crowd was chanting VKM...hmm....thats right VKM, i think TNA's competition status is solid and i pick them as the final straw to the destruction of WWE. Vince's product has been bad for years and the WWE creative team is **** coming up with horrible sortylines while russo is doing good work with the Jarrets on TNA, pushing new, deserving talnet, but also keeping around useful legends. TNA will do better than WCW ever did because its product is sooo different, while WCW was much more similar to wwe than TNA is. WWE's time has come and they need to fall. I am an old WCW fan and i love the WCW, but TNA beats them by far. All they need is a longer show and they will destroy both smack down and Raw. This week's raw was crap, last week's smackdown was crap, but the last impact was sick. How can you tell? pay attention to the crowds. WWE has had some of the quietest crowds in history in the last weeks, while TNA is heating up like the sun. Maybe it's just that i'd rather have seen bischoff or Flair buy WCW and keep it alive than Vince, but WWE has to go. It's time has past, its past its prime, there is no more attitude era, and it needs to go. Buying WCW and ECW was the worst thing WWE ever did.[/QUOTE] I believe TNA's crowd is pretty much the same crowd, week after week after week... And I have heard that they pretty much cheer for anything they do, so be carefull just "going with the crowd" on that one. I hope your right about TNA actually giving WWE a run for their money, but honestly, there is no competition right now. WWE is like..... 10 times bigger or very close. I actually liked Raw last night (Except the obvious part). However, that is on the local news broadcasts right now, and in the VERY public Entertainment Eye, so it probably helped them more then hurt them. What I liked about Raw was opposite I guess... I liked Khali not having Davari, and actually speaking (I hope) in his "own" language, instead of sounding like he is a mentally challenged. I liked him making an impact on John Cena... and I like Cena. It's time that Khali gets a "Huge" push in my opinion, he is HUGE, and someone needs to take up the slack with Big Show gone. However, I didn't like Umaga coming out just like Cena said he would. But Cena has been looking "Too" tough lately, and I was prepared for him to get beat up last night. Also on Raw, I like that feud building between the youngest man on the roster and the oldest man on the roster. I'm not sure I like Carlito vs. Chris Master's thing going on, but they need to stay active, and To be honest, I would really like to see Carlito and Edge have a go at each other... I would also like to see Master's and Orton team up... But I guess I'm weird. I think Master's, Carlito and Khali all need mega push's by now... It's time for them to get up their, especially Carlito. Also a good upper midcard push for Johnny (both the Cheerleader and Nitro), as I don't think either have the charisma to last as main eventer's... ever........ But The young one has time to improve I guess. I love Cryme Time. However, the Greatest Tag (whatever) team, I don't really think I have ever thought Benjamin or that other guy had enough charisma to ever be anything but Tag Team or lower title holders. I would love to see a Mickey James vs Victoria Feud, as well as a Melina vs. Candice feud... I think that if they put on anywhere near the match's all are able to do, they just might be more interesting then the US/Inter/Cruiserweight titles. What's up with Eugene? I really enjoy him, I hope they get him back in the mix soon... Far as Smackdown is concerned............. I LOVE WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! Ha, I love the push on MVP and Kennedy... They cannot become Main Eventer's right off the bat, but they are sure getting close to it. MVP being put right there with Kennedy was brilliant in my opinion. Booker T I believe is on his last Title run, and possibly will punt the ball in one of these younger guys hands at the end. I love Finlay, hate his partner, just doesn't have the "It" quality to me. Regal always entertaining, but getting "tired" to me. I would love if Johnny Nitro went to TNA, same with Finlay's partner. Wouldn't hurt me a bit if that Murdock and his partner went as well. PS. IN a pretty good five questions, back a bit.. someone asked Cena who was going to be the next big thing in his opinion. He said something to the extent of... "Well, I know this is going to sound funny coming from me, especially with our history but.. There is some big things going on with Edge in the future, To me he is THE guy to watch! I know this sounds crazy coming from me, but I feel compelled to answer the question Honestly, so ____ off!"

Guest Ransik
There are a few reasons why TNA could become much bigger than WCW ever did. The BIGGEST reason is that WCW was limited towards the end of 1998 about what they were allowed to do and its what caused them to fail. Bischoff explains in his book that when WCW was at their hottest and biggest time, mergers happened with several companies inside Turner and the corporate guys basically told him he couldn't do a single thing without asking for their permission first. It was something along the lines of "Here's a list of what you can do. If you want to do something that's not on the list call us and make sure you're allowed to do it." So WCW went from doing what WWE is doing now (Bischoff was in the process of making WCW and nWo two separate brands) and he was forced to turn Nitro and Thunder from edgy programming to a kiddies show basically overnight. On top of that, Thunder was basically forced on the air and they had to basically run talent through triple the House Shows to pay for it to air. So without all these restrictions on TNA they COULD become bigger than WCW. Since they don't have Vince's horrible writers working for them and their main concern isn't a bunch of childish storylines they can easily do it given the right opportunity.

Archived