American Wrestling Association 2007 - The Fall & Rise

[CENTER] [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/awa07/other/175px-Awa.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="4"]American Wrestling Association[/SIZE][/B] [B][U]The History of AWA:[/U][/B] [I]The American Wrestling Association (AWA) was an American professional wrestling promotion based in Minneapolis, Minnesota that ran from 1960 to 1991. It was owned and founded by Verne Gagne and Wally Karbo. The territory was originally part of the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA), becoming an independent territory in the late 1950s. NWA World champion Pat O' Connor was recognized as the first AWA World champion, but when O'Connor failed to defend the new AWA title against number one contender Verne Gagne, Gagne was awarded the belt.[/I] [B][U]The Fall of AWA:[/U][/B] [I]The AWA would become inactive in the fall of 1990. As a result, Larry Zbyszko signed to wrestle with the NWA. As his last official act, Verne Gagne would strip Zbyszko of the World Title in December 1990. Gagne did promote a card in Rochester, MN in May 1991, featuring the return of Greg Gagne and Wahoo McDaniel against the The Destruction Crew (Mike Enos & Wayne Bloom) in the main event, but was unable to restart the promotion. However, the AWA continued re-running matches in their weekly ESPN time slot and on their syndicated All-Star Wrestling show, and the company managed to release a commercial tape (Hulk Hogan Highlights) during 1991. The influence of Verne Gagne and the AWA as a whole in professional wrestling is immeasurable. Countless wrestlers and personalities were either trained by or received their first big break under Gagne, an influence that is felt to this day.[/I] [B][U]Verne Gagne Induction into WWE's Hall of Fame:[/U][/B] [I]2006, WWE inducts Verne Gagne into the Hall of Fame, while giving a Road Agent job to his son Greg Gagne. Greg Gagne was released from his contract after the McMahon's were unimpressed with his creative ideas. Greg Gagne packed up and went home. [/I] [B][U]What lies next:[/U][/B] [I]2007, a secret meeting was held at a Elk Lodge in Minneapolis, Minnesota that would change the face of professional wrestling.[/I] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B]January 2007 At a secret location in Minneapolis, Minnesota[/B] [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/awa07/other/elklodge.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/awa07/other/greg3.jpg[/IMG] [B]Greg Gagne[/B]: Welcome investors, wrestlers and future stock holders, my name is Greg Gagne. My father owned the American Wrestling Association, a promotion that was responsible for training and creating some of the top talent in professional wrestling. Tonight I have asked all of you here to announce the re-opening of American Wrestling Association. My father had a dream, to run the top wrestling promotion in the world, and I am going to make sure that he witnesses his dream lived through me. [B]Everyone in attendance claps. [/B] [B]Greg Gagne[/B]: Thank you. I'd like to take this time to introduce to you the man who will be working backstage as AWA's backbone, he is a former AWA Heavyweight Champion, Nick Bockwinkel. [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/awa07/other/nickbockwinkel.jpg[/IMG] [B]Nick Bockwinkel gets a round of applause, he stands up and speaks.[/B] [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B]: For years I've been proud to say that I have competed in the ring for AWA. But now I can be proud to say that I will be working behind the curtains for AWA. Thank you... [B]More applause.[/B] [B]Greg Gagne[/B]: Thank you. AWA will be looking for a national television deal and we're set on getting one but untill then we will be broadcasting our shows through our website. Hopefully we will get the exposer through our webcasts and quickly branch to television. As most of you know, in order to have a wrestling show we need a voice. I'm proud to announce the voices of AWA, the men who will be calling all of the action at ringside, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan & Gene Okerlund. [B]Okerlund and Heenan both stand and shake Gagne's hand. [/B] [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/awa07/other/bobbyheenan.jpg[/IMG] [B]Bobby Heenan[/B]: I've always respected Verne Gagne. In fact, when all of the boys jumped to WWE and walked out on AWA without a notice, I was the only one who fullfilled my appearences. I look forward to see AWA's history redone the right way. [B]A round of applause. Heenan bows and sits back down[/B]. [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/awa07/other/geneokerlund.jpg[/IMG] [B]Gene Okerlund:[/B] Unfortunately, I was one of those boys who jumped to WWE without any notice. Looking back on it, I regret it. I regret a lot of things in my past but signing on to be the voice of AWA isn't one of them. I can't wait to call all of the action at ringside by one of the greatest men in the world. Thank you. [B]Okerlund sits down as the room shows him the respect he deserves[/B]. [B]Greg Gagne[/B]: AWA is set to launch in February, we will be scouting the entire world for talent, please follow our signings through awawrestling.com. We will be announcing our roster once all of the papers have been signed. Thank you all for coming. [B]The meeting ends with a standing ovation. Greg Gagne shakes everyones hands and mingles with future stock holders.[/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B]January 2007 - Tokyo, Japan[/B] [I][B]Greg Gagne met with Hiroshi Tanashi, former NJPW IWGP Champion. It seems that Tanashi has been wanting to come back to America ever since competing in TNA. It didn't take long untill the first wrestler was signed to a AWA contract.[/B] [/I] [B]AWA Signs Hiroshi Tanahashi:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Hiroshi Tanahashi has signed a AWA contract, he will finish the rest of his NJPW schedule then head to Minnesota to compete for AWA.[/COLOR] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B]January 2007 - Mexico City, Mexico[/B] [B][I]AWA officals visited Mexico City and had a meeting with 3 huge stars. By the end of their visit, AWA signed over 3 more international wrestlers. [/I][/B] [B]AWA signs Shocker:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Former TNA & Mexican Megastar, Shocker has near legendary status across the border. Mr. "1000% Guapo" will be reporting to AWA once he finishes up his remaining Mexican dates. [/COLOR] [B]Juventud Guerrera signs with AWA:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]"The Juice", a super-athletic luchadore who's competed in ECW, WCW, WWE, XPW, CZW, TNA...etc. Although Juvi has always been seen as a "trouble maker", it seems that AWA has given him another chance. Juvi will be heading to AWA immediately. [/COLOR] [B]AWA signs Mr. Aguila:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Formeraly known as "Essa Rios", Mr. Aguila is a top star in AAA. AWA has added him to their talent raid. Aguila will finish his AAA Tour dates then head down to AWA. [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks for the feedback everyone. [QUOTE]The only thing bad about this is that WWE owns the AWA name[/QUOTE] That's true but just like every other diary it can't be 100% realistic. I'm going to try to keep it as true to life as possible but there'll be some things that will be unrealistic. [QUOTE]Nice beginning...I'm a big fan of the revival of an old promotion typr diary...As is evident of my own...[/QUOTE] Yeep. I think that the Gagnes still have one last bone to pick with Vince McMahon for crushing their baby. I'm also a fan of your diary and have ready it frequently. [QUOTE]What mod are you using and where can I get it.[/QUOTE] The Mod is a converstion with edits to fit TEW07's new style. Hope everyone keeps on reading as the AWA scouts are headed to the UK next.

[CENTER][B]January 2007 - England [I]The talent raid continues as AWA scouts vist England for some new blood. Although Nigel McGuinness refused to sign a AWA contract stating that he's focused on his NOAH career, AWA managed to sign 2 top UK talent[/I].[/B] [B]Jonny Storm signs with AWA:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Jonny Storm has competed for some of the top promotions in UK & United States. Although he's recently been mainly focused on his FWA & 1PW career, the young wrestler has decided to come to the AWA.[/COLOR] [B]AWA Signs Doug Williams:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]"The Anarchist" Doug Williams is arguably the greatest English wrestler. He's been succesfull everywhere he goes wether it be FWA, 1PW or ROH. AWA is proud to sign Doug Williams to their roster.[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B]January 2007 - Canada [I]January is near it's end and the scouting is winding down. AWA visits the Great White North in hopes of finding more talent. First, they headed to Calgary and signed both Teddy Hart & Jack Evans. Later on, they went farther north and managed to sign one of their biggest atheltics yet, former UFC Welterweight Champion, George St. Pierre.[/I] [/B] [B]AWA signs George St. Pierre:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Former UFC Welterweight Champion, George St. Pierre, was ontop of the MMA world untill he was forced to retire due to a knee injury suffered during training for his first title defense against Matt Serra. Fortunately, he's still capable of competing in Professional Wrestling and has signed a AWA contract. GSP will be headed down to Minnesota for some wrestling training before competing in a AWA ring.[/COLOR] [B]Hartfoundation 2.0 Sign with AWA:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Teddy Hart & Jack Evans, two of the most intense highflyers in Professional Wrestling are ready to make a name for themselves. These two are already planning to dominate AWA's tag team division.[/COLOR] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B]January 2007 - USA [I]Back in the USA, AWA scouts decided to pay a visit to some local independent promotions, the first show they attended was ROH. After being blown away by the product, they managed to capture a few of their guys under contract.[/I] [/B] [B]AWA Signs Jimmy Rave[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Former leader of the Embassey, Jimmy Rave has a cult following with the internet wrestling community. Once Prince Nana officaly left his side, Rave went through a nasty losing streak but now he looks to redeem himself in AWA.[/COLOR] [B]AWA Signs Claudio Castagnoli[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Castagnoli is a Swish Aristrocat who recently was signed to the WWE and recently fired. He uses a blend of european mat wrestling and lucha libre. [/COLOR] [B]AWA Signs Adam Pearce[/B] [COLOR="blue"]A southern wrestler who can wrestle with the best of them. Has risen to the top of the independent wrestling world and is ready to make a name for himself in AWA.[/COLOR] [B][I]After signing 3 great talent, they made their way to Orlando Florida and paid a visit to TNA. After some quick thinking and security payoff, AWA managed to buyout a few TNA contracts. [/I][/B] [B]AWA Signs Frankie Kazarian[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]The Future was a dominant figure in TNA's X-Division but after being signed and then fired by the WWE, his stock has dramaticly lowered. Sick of being stuck in TNA's version of "The Flock", Kazarian wants to be ontop of the mountain once again. [/COLOR] [B]AWA Signs Jay Lethal[/B] [COLOR="blue"]An up and comer ready to take on this sport head-on. After being stuck at the bottom of TNA's X-Division, Lethal has his eyes set on AWA success. [/COLOR] [B]AWA Signs Austin Aries[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Austin Aries is a wrestling machine. Sick of being made into a joke, Austin Aries decided to drop his "Star" and build his stock as a more serious competitor. [/COLOR] [B]AWA Signs Low-Ki[/B] [COLOR="blue"]The modern day warrior is looking for some fresh blood and AWA is ready to give it to him. Will Low-Ki stomp his way through the AWA roster?[/COLOR] [B]AWA Signs Sonjay Dutt[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Sonjay Dutt is an athletic light weight who is capable of doing incredible things. Can Sonjay Dutt outshine others in AWA?[/COLOR] [B][I]The week was winding down and there's only a few more Indy shows to check out. Scouts managed to pick up some past-stars while grabbing some new ones.[/I] [/B] [B]AWA Signs Sean O'Haire, Mark Jindrak, Maven, Danny Doring, "Crowbar" Devon Storm, The Naturals, Chris Hammrick, Tony Mamaluke, The Habana Pitbulls, Jigsaw & Brandon Thomaselli[/B] [COLOR="blue"]AWA signs some of the top independent talent in North America. [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B]January 2007 - Womens Division [I]It's the last day of scouting before AWA can concentrate on promoting their shows. The male roster is pretty much full so it's time to fill up the womens side.[/I] [/B] [B]AWA Signs Daizee Haze[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Daizee Haze is a Stoner Hippie trapped in 2007. After managing Jimmy Rave & Matt Sydal in ROH, Daizee is dead-set on being a dominant female wrestler. [/COLOR] [B]AWA Signs Lacey[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Lacey is known as the smartest business woman in Ring of Honor, previously managing Lacey's Angels, B.J. Whitmer, Colt Cabana and Jimmy Jacobs. Now she's moving away from managing and trying to become the #1 female wrestler. [/COLOR] [B]AWA Signs Sara del Ray[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]She is a mainstay for SHIMMER Women Athletes as well as Mexico's Lucha Libre Femenil, and has appeared for many independent promotions in the United States, including Ring of Honor,All Pro Wrestling and CHIKARA. Sara Del Rey had a stint in WSX under a mask and new name Nic Grimes as part of the MTV show.[/COLOR] [B]AWA Signs Stephanie Finochio[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Better known by her stage name Trinity, previously signed to World Wrestling Entertainment untill she was released. Now that she's a free agent she's determined to get back atop the womens division mountain.[/COLOR] [/CENTER]

[IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/awa07/other/newawa.jpg[/IMG] [B]Basic Information[/B] [B]American All Pro Wrestling[/B] [B]Owner[/B]: Greg Gagne [B]Size[/B]: Regional [B]Money[/B]: $100,000 [B]Staff Info[/B] [B]Booking Team:[/B] Bobby Heenan, Nick Bockwinkel, Blackjack Lanza [B]Road Agents:[/B] Nick Bockwinkel [B]Announcers:[/B] Bobby "The Brain" Heenan & "Mean" Gene Okerlund [B]Title Info[/B] [B]AWA World Heavyweight Championship Holder[/B]: Vacant [B]Roster[/B] [B][U]Main Event Babyfaces[/U][/B] Austin Aries Low-Ki Hiroshi Tanashi [B][U]Main Event Heels[/U][/B] Kid Kash Sean O'Haire Mark Jindrak [B][U]Upper Mid Carders Babyfaces[/U][/B] George St. Pierre "Crowbar" Devon Storm Jay Lethal Juventud Guerrera Shocker [B][U]Upper Mid Carders Heels[/U][/B] Frankie Kazarian Jimmy Rave Doug Williams Tony Mamaluke Danny Doring [B][U]Mid Carders Babyfaces[/U][/B] Sonjay Dutt Maven Andy Douglas Chase Stevens Teddy Hart [B][U]Mid Carders Heels[/U][/B] Claudio Castagnoli Adam Pearce Chris Hammrick Ricky Reyes [B][U]Lower Mid Carders Babyfaces[/U][/B] Brandon Thomaselli Jigsaw Mr. Aguila Jack Evans [B][U]Lower Mid Carders Heels[/U][/B] Jonny Storm Rocky Romero [B]Womens Division [U]Babyfaces[/U][/B] Daizee Haze Sara Del Ray [B][U]Heels[/U][/B] Trinity Lacey [B]Tag Teams [U]Babyfaces[/U][/B] The Naturals - Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens Hartfoundation 2.0 - Teddy Hart & Jack Evans 2000% Guapo's - Juventud Guerrera & Shocker [B][U]Heels[/U][/B] The Habana Pitbulls - Rocky Romero & Ricky Reyes Southern Comfort - Adam Pearce & Chris Hammrick Team UK - Doug Williams & Jonny Storm

Hey man, looking forward to the first shows. I like the idea of Team UK, but perhaps you could add to them somehow? Perhaps signing Alex Shane and/or Jody Fleisch, making them a heel stable? That could be pretty entertaining. Anyways, best of luck!

[QUOTE]Hey man, looking forward to the first shows. I like the idea of Team UK, but perhaps you could add to them somehow? Perhaps signing Alex Shane and/or Jody Fleisch, making them a heel stable? That could be pretty entertaining. Anyways, best of luck![/QUOTE] Good idea. There may just be more UK wrestlers in AWA. Anyone have any more suggestions on which wrestlers I should keep an eye on? [QUOTE]What mod are you using and where did you find it?[/QUOTE] It's a mod update for TEW05 which I converted and edited myself. [QUOTE]Nice roster, I see alot of potential for some great matches...Way to destroy TNA's X division [/QUOTE] Thanks. I tried to build a strong international roster hopefully the roster gets stronger with TEW07 years. Look out for the first AWA "Revival" card

[CENTER][IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/awa07/other/AWABELT2.jpg[/IMG] [I][B]When AWA broke away from NWA, they held a tournament to crown the AWA World Heavyweight Champion. In continuation with tradition, AWA will hold another Tournament to deterime the next AWA Champion. The tournament will span over a few weeks untill we can proudly crown a new champion.[/B] [/I] [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/awa07/other/awarevival.jpg[/IMG] [B]American Wrestling Association "REVIVAL" Every Wednesday webcasted at [url]www.awawrestling.com[/url][/B] [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/awa07/other/agorabuilding21.jpg[/IMG] [B]Live at the Agora Theatre[/B] [B]AWA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament First Round[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Kid Kash vs Juventud Guerrera[/COLOR] [B]AWA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament First Round[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Austin Aries vs Mark Jindrak[/COLOR] [B]AWA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament First Round[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Low-Ki vs Tony Mamaluke[/COLOR] [B]AWA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament First Round[/B] [COLOR="blue"]"Crowbar" Devon Storm vs Sean O'Haire[/COLOR] [B]Tag Team Match[/B] [COLOR="blue"]The Habana Pitbulls vs The Naturals[/COLOR] [B]I always enjoy reading [COLOR="Red"]predictions, opinions and ideas[/COLOR] so please keep em' coming. Thank you for reading so far.[/B] [/CENTER]

First Round Tournament winners: Kid Kash Austin Aries Low-Ki Sean O'Haire Pitbulls win the tag match Huge size differences in Aries/Jindrak...It'll be interesting to see how it works Not a fan of O'Haire but like him over Storm (who I haven't seen in years) Storm is a guy that could probably use a new character/Gimmick

[QUOTE]Isnt this a HEAVYWEIGHT division... you have 3, or 4. 2 are going against each other. Is this going to start with a light heavyweight HEAVYWEIGHT champion?[/QUOTE] Haha...you're right but you gotta look at the standard size of todays wrestlers. The majority of this generations wrestlers aren't the traditional "heavyweight" wrestler of the past. Look at TNA, some of their champs would look like midgets compared to some of WWE's smaller guys. Anyways, I don't plan on having another singles title(which means no lightweight title) so anyone, whatever may be their class weight, can be a contender for the championship. [QUOTE]First Round Tournament winners: Kid Kash Austin Aries Low-Ki Sean O'Haire Pitbulls win the tag match Huge size differences in Aries/Jindrak...It'll be interesting to see how it works Not a fan of O'Haire but like him over Storm (who I haven't seen in years) Storm is a guy that could probably use a new character/Gimmick[/QUOTE] Thanks for the predictions! Jindrak & O'Haire may have been sluggish during their WWE days but they can both be impressively athletic when they choose to and I think Aries may be the man to motivate Jindrak, only time will tell.

Archived