"thinks they can get more money elsewhere"

I was trying to sign Champagne Lover to a contract in my test DAVE game (test game = first savegame since getting the game; screw around with lots of settings to see what works/what doesn't). What happens if you happen to be the #1 promotion in the world in terms of popularity and have, say, $100 million more than the closest rival promotion and you still get this message? Wouldn't the worker know that, in fact, they will not get more more elsewhere than from the top promotion? Are there other factors such as match intensity, etc. that go into this? Does some sort of monthly processing need to run before the fed is recognized as being the richest?

Your mistake is that you're thinking that just because you have a big bank balance and are the most popular, you're automatically everyone's best choice. That's not true. He could look at your roster, see himself getting stuck in the midcard, and decide that he could still make his maximum wage demand with your closest rivals (remember, you're $100 million isn't particularly relevant - if they have only $10 million, they can still afford his highest wage demand quite easily) and have a better push. It'd be ridiculously easy if you became #1 promotion and could have whoever you wanted, whenever you wanted.

[QUOTE=Purple Cowboy;180934]Wouldn't the worker know that, in fact, they will not get more more elsewhere than from the top promotion? Are there other factors such as match intensity, etc. that go into this? Does some sort of monthly processing need to run before the fed is recognized as being the richest?[/QUOTE] As Adam said, this is totally immaterial. You're not going to give him your $100 million so what does he care that you have it? If a worker is an icon in Japan but pretty much unknown in North America, he's not going to be able to make as much in the US as he could in Japan. The only thing that could possibly make your promotion attractive to this iconic worker is the draw of spreading his popularity to another area. But many workers aren't willing to make the sacrifices necessary to take advantage of that opportunity. Champagne Lover can make far more in PPAs in Mexico than you'd be willing to pay him. In addition to that, he could pretty much be assured of being booked regularly because he's box office there. He's not box office for DaVE or anywhere in the northern parts of the US. In short, he's somebody in Mexico but nobody in the US (relatively speaking). Your prestige may factor in as well, though I'm not too sure about that. He'll sign with one of the Japanese promotions (I think it's BHOTWG) for a tour but they have oodles of prestige.

This is completely realistic. Just imagine if you're a wrestler in Mexico, as Champagne is, and is extremely over in this region. I don't think anyone with extremely little to no popularity in the United States would take this risk and go to the US to just hope for the best.

Archived