My first Talent Trade

So yeah I finally got the game and decided to make my first talent trade on the first day so I got Des Davids for Giant Redwood and I plan on having Des Davids looking strong for 2 matches before taking on World Champion Bruce The Giant. Being new not to TEW or EWR but to TEW3 do you guys think this is a good idea and why or why not? Thanks for all the help.

ANYONE you get for that POS Giant Redwood would be an improvement. I'd trade his fat arse for Jenny Playmate, if I could. Worthless sack of gnu dung. You did good, very good. Des Davids has a lot of ability and potential. Redwood, doesn't (in either sense).

Des Davids prefers to be a face, as does Bruce so I chose just to let Des win his two matches he will have with me before going back, that way he might want to come back to me. I can build him up every other month or something. Before he's ready. I also got Steve Gumble in a trade, don't remember who I gave up for him. I could use some pointer on who in the USPW roster should Sheik manage?

Guest Hamsalad
I love talent trades! Booking for TCW I try and have about 3 workers that are on loan on my roster at any given time. I look for workers who can put on quality matches with just about anyone. This way they can do the job and put on some quality rasslin' at the same time.

Yeah Talent trades are amazing. I'm not sure if Adam reads everything in here but since he made the game harder this year maybe next year he can make it harder by having cpu promotions break relationships if human players take advantage by feeding their competitors to the human's competitors just to get them over. Anyways I have decided to use my 3 relationships TCW, North of the border and MAW to get guys to come in and face world Champion Bruce The Giant. Sheik brings guys in every now and then to take on Bruce.

Talent Trades override anything, even owner goals. You'll still need to find someone that's as over in their country as the worker you want to trade for though (if someone is D over in Japan, you'll need a worker around that level IN JAPAN to trade for him with a Japanese company, D in your country and F- in Japan isn't good enough).

[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;182846]Yeah Talent trades are amazing. I'm not sure if Adam reads everything in here but since he made the game harder this year maybe next year he can make it harder by having cpu promotions break relationships if human players take advantage by feeding their competitors to the human's competitors just to get them over.[/QUOTE] Actually, that kind of happens now. Just on a wrestler "creative control" basis. I've had Brendon Idol and Darryl Devine bothr refuse to do the job to workers I wanted to put over them. So you really can't abuse the talent trades.

They will refuse to lose to workers who are nowhere near as over as them. You can't truely job anyone out via talent trades. A worker coming in for a talent trade would EXPECT to lose, within reason. If Sean McFly came over to TCW, there's no way he'd expect to beat Ricky Dale Johnson or Tommy Cornell. Likewise, the guy who's traded the other way won't expect to win in Canada. You don't come to another promotion in a trade, as a special attraction, beat their main eventers, and then sod off home leaving their main eventers with no momentum at all because this guy who doesn't even work here just beat them all, proving that he's clearly better than anyone TCW have to offer! But likewise, workers who are clearly more popular than their opponents won't agree to job to them. If RDJ is traded for McFly, McFly isn't going to lose to midcarders like Aaron Andrews. It's the same for smaller feds trading their main stars for larger feds workers. If Aaron Andrews goes to MAW for Mainstream Hernandez (later on, when he's popular), he's not going to job to Ryan Turner. He's coming in to do you a favour, to draw some fans. Not to put over your lower carders at his expense.

I have American Buffalo for 3 shows on loan, I was thinking of having him come in and beat Bruce The Giant, with help from Sheik ofcorse. Buffalo would then go on to beat another wrestler, maybe Freddie Datson before telling the fans he was taking the title back with him. He would lose in his finally appearance against my National Champion Captian USA. But like D said, maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to have a man on loan come in and beat my world champ.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;182937]It might work in that scenario, where he had help to get the win, and then lost in a clean match later. Although it would be rather pointless, since all it would achieve would be to build up Buffalo, who's leaving not staying.[/QUOTE] Unless you have a diabolical plan. ;) Running 5SSW, I tried to sign Emma Bitch but she turned me down (something about signing with me not being a good career move). Same with Principessa. So I signed a working agreement with NOTBPW and traded June Butler for Emma. She came in, beat Umeko Karube for my low level title (Future Legend), beat Chitose Ariwara for a title defense, then did the job for Umeko in the rematch. Then, I tried to sign her again and lo and behold, she wants to talk now. I'm thinking it's either because she now has some overness in Japan OR she thinks it's okay because of the relationship between the two promotions. Haven't isolated it yet. Oh and speaking of talent trades, one fix that was in 1.2 that I've seen now is in regards to promotion agreements. Pre-1.2, if you severed a relationship, you automatically declared war on that promotion (or they declared war on you, either or). Now, I severed the relationship with NOTBPW (I have Emma and Principessa contracted. wth do I need NOTBPW for anymore? :p) and didn't get any negative relationship as a result.

Archived