Moeru Toukon 2007!

[QUOTE=Vladamire Dracos;188515]What I don't get is why so many are having a problem with his choice to have [I]his work[/I] exclusive to [I]his choice[/I] of host sites?[/QUOTE] I'll agree with that. However, I can not speak on behalf of LUKIE and he may have choosen to do this for a variety of reasons. I've known LUKIE for quite some time now and maybe he felt comfortable with having me hosting his scenario/mod? Perhaps he feels having his scenario/mod in one place is a better security from having it stolen and altered and then subsequently re-released under a different name or with another persons stat update. While this may seem trivial to a lot of people, the amount of time spent creating a mod is lengthy and that is [I]their[/I] work, and they would not like to have anyone else mettle with it. Forlan and T-Zone are exclusive to EWI for those type of reasons, forlan does not want people ripping off T-Zone so he has choosen to have us be his host. As stated, I can not speak for him but these are some of the reasons I've come across over the years... [QUOTE]I don't think anybody has done that before.[/QUOTE] It was actually common practice for older EW games. Anthony did all of his year scenarios for RaveX to make sure that if the file or related file popped up anywhere else it was not his work ripped-off, which in fact happened a couple of times including to RaveX's own work. The way I look at it is, just respect his wishes, no matter if anyone agrees with it, this is his work and we should respect his wishes. Also, the popular argument is "more people can download it and play it", and while this may be true, if someone is looking for LUKIE's or anyone elses update they probably check the forums first for the specific thread, and then go to where it's hosted. I don't think it is a personal thing against BobInc, and I think LUKIE respects what he does with his site. But I think any mod maker would agree that each mod is unique and is their own respective hard work, some don't mind to have others alter it and release it as their own, while others do.... to each his own and everyone should respect that. :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll just point out that I'm not questioning Lukie's decision, I'm just genuinely interested in this whole exclusivity thing. What he does is his deal, but I still don't understand how having a download exclusive to one site means there'll be less chance of your stats getting ripped off?

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;188607]I'll just point out that I'm not questioning Lukie's decision, I'm just genuinely interested in this whole exclusivity thing. What he does is his deal, but I still don't understand how having a download exclusive to one site means there'll be less chance of your stats getting ripped off?[/QUOTE] Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't going against you, and as I said I can't speak for LUKIE. How will there be less chance? From our experience through the past years, EW Resource Site that Nightmare ran, RaveX, and on down the line from early EW's to now, is that if there is one site hosting your file that is where it will be found. If random Joe steals it and hosts it at his site, and then it shows up somewhere else, and then elsewhere, and maybe someone alters it and posts it there and on down the line that is where these leechers do their work. Along with Anthony, Jeff from RaveX, Adam from RaveX, and numerous others we have always found it best to have one place for it. This way if it shows up elsewhere you pretty much have narrowed it down to people who have stolen your work and passed it off as their own. It would be the equvilent of someone taking EW9000 and hosting it somewhere else saying they've created this new game, and most other owners of sites when this information is brought to them will take down the file and subsequently realise that they were dooped into thinking that whoever sent them "their new work" were just passing off someone elses as their own. That has been my experience over the years with these types of people. Also frequent users and others have respect for the origanal data and will typically report others passing off the data as their own. I hope this somewhat answers your question on that matter, if not feel free to PM or IM me.

Archived