Moeru Toukon 2007!

[QUOTE=TakayamaNOFEAR;185284]technically people could use it, he can't really sue them considering its free domain. But its more of a respect thing because Lukie is the man. His strong style is pretty good. You probably wouldn't want to use it with his permission.[/QUOTE] I realise now that they were just having a laugh, but you have kinda stepped on the point there, you are of course right, he doesn't hold any legal copyright of the data, but he did make it for everybody, so out of respect we should not edit and re-issue the data without permission. I know from talking to 2 or 3 prominent mod-makers on these boards that it really grate's them having people take there work, change a few stats and re-brand it as there own.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Thriller;185960]I see. I gave it a razz, I just cant play without the pics so I shall wait until some lovely person puts a pack together.[/QUOTE] Question open to all: Why are pics so important? All the stats are there, bios, etc... pictures play no part at all in the game play, so why is it an important part to you?

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;185964]Question open to all: Why are pics so important? All the stats are there, bios, etc... pictures play no part at all in the game play, so why is it an important part to you?[/QUOTE] Well, I also can't play without pics. I don't mean to minimize the work done here at all, LukieP, as always, did an awesome job and definitely the most important and difficult stuff. But I also don't like to play without pics, it takes away a lot from the experience of playing TEW, in my perspective. It's totally different having faces to all (or most) of the characters, seeing the feds logos and the belts people are fighting for. It's totally different, much more interesting and enjoyable. Because of this and because I really want to play this awesome mod, I've already started assigning Kyky's pics (from TEW 2005 FOTORC Pic Pack) to this mod and it's going fairly well. I'm on letter K at this moment, so just give me some more time and I'll post the workers, feds and belts files with the pics assigned to them, if LukieP allows me, that is. There'll be stuff missing, but it's better than nothing! :)

[QUOTE=Vardamir;185968]Because of this and because I really want to play this awesome mod, I've already started assigning Kyky's pics (from TEW 2005 FOTORC Pic Pack) to this mod and it's going fairly well. I'm on letter K at this moment, so just give me some more time and I'll post the workers, feds and belts files with the pics assigned to them, if LukieP allows me, that is. There'll be stuff missing, but it's better than nothing! :)[/QUOTE] If you put together a pic pack and LUKIE allows it, send me the pics and I'll put it together in a new zip file to include with the data.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;185981]I like pics because I was born with eyeballs :)[/QUOTE] YOU TOO??? Pics being included are of little relevance to me. I already have all the ones from last years anyway. And now since we can filter by no picture in the editor it makes it easy to add them all in.

I was just curious because to me they have 0% to do with anything. Sure they are a nice addition, but I would not slight a mod for not having pics because I don't even really look at them. I read their profile, stats, and use that information because that information is what pertains to the actual game and my agenda. Fair enough, to each his own.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;185999]I was just curious because to me they have 0% to do with anything. Sure they are a nice addition, but I would not slight a mod for not having pics because I don't even really look at them. I read their profile, stats, and use that information because that information is what pertains to the actual game and my agenda. Fair enough, to each his own.[/QUOTE] Oh, don't get me wrong! It's not as if the pics were one of the most important things, because they're not. It's true they're only an acessory, but an important one. Obviously I wouldn't play a mod with bad stats and innacurate data over a good one just because the first one had pics and the second didn't. No way! But, as it really isn't that hard to add pics, I would prefer to get/add them to the mod before actually playing it, because it makes the gaming experience even more enjoyable. And that's exactly what I'm doing with this year's Moeru Toukon!

Personally, the only thing I really like the pics for is for workers I may not be overly familiar with... and truthfully, there are a lot of workers I'm not familiar with in the Puroresu scene, so pics would be a definate help there. To whomever said they're assigning pictures and will post them: Thank you.

Thanks to everyone that has encouraged me or offered help. Work is going along well, I've just started letter S. I plan on having finished assigning them until Sunday. But, as I mentioned earlier, there will still be quite a few people with pics missing, some of them well-know names like El Samurai and Naoki Sano, simply because I don't have their pics (with the kyky background)... If anyone has them and is able to add them later, great! Anyway, you'll see for yourself which are the ones missing. There's also 12 promotions without their logos (Apache, Dove, Eagle, Guts, Mariko Yoshida's Ibuki, Muga, El Dorado, Kageki, SUN, UNION, Toryumon Japan and UWAI). If anyone has them or could make them, it would be great!

This pic pack is being sorted out now I think. I have no real idea whats going on with it, and am not overly bothered. But just to clarify, my data is only supposed to be available from EWI, so sorry Bobinc, but you can't host it on your website.

i have never been able to get into japanese wrestling (as in the UK all the commentary was in japanese which made it harder to know what was going on and who was fighting). i have however enjoyed playing this mod i am currently AJPW and although im not so much in the know with the touring aspect i have put on some pretty good shows headlined with Keiji Mutoh vs. Minoru Suzuki. its none of my business but why arent you letting bobinc host your files surely it will get more downloads and you will be left with a nice glowing warm feeling inside.

I imagine that he basically entered into a verbal agreement with EWI thereby his work would be exclusive to the EWI website (the product, if you will) in exchange for the hosting costs (the payment for said product). So you'd be sort of right D1, he IS being paid by them (in the form of a stable host that anyone can download from). What I don't get is why so many are having a problem with his choice to have [I]his work[/I] exclusive to [I]his choice[/I] of host sites?

The way some people have been acting since my release, I am starting to consider just doing the updates for myself, and keeping them to myself. I do them for myself, and release them because I know others want to play japanese data, but if all it is going to do is frustrate me, then why should I bother >.<

What specific post frustrates you? You entered into an exclusivity agreement with a mod site (!!!) to release your mod. I don't think anybody has done that before. Ergo, people are talking about it. They're not criticising you or your mod, they're just discussing how you released it.

Archived