Multiple PPA Agreements?

I have Kashmir on my roster in a Exclusive PPA agreement. NOTBPW then signs him (they wouldn't accept anything but a workign agreement pact.). So some questions: What good is a Exclusive PPA when someone else can sign them? Why is Kashmir's contract now up with me that he signed a PPA with NOTBPW? Should I have signed him to a PPA? I'm not sure what the PPA vs Ex. PPA difference is if anyone can sign them.

Yeah, if you have a working agreement with NOTBPW, you should have went with a PPA contract as when a worker on EPPA signs elsewhere, they will ALWAYS leave you. EPPA makes them exclusive to you in the sense that they will work for you exclusively but not that they aren't oppen to other contract offers. The benefit is if you were a small company competing against similar companies. The chances of them signing away your stars is eliminated with an EPPA. However, EPPA is not a written and a bigger company can come along and sign your worker away. This is why if you have working agreements with larger Promotions, you should have your workers on PPA. I never use EPPA contrcts unless I want to completely steal a worker from a smaller promotion (Grand master Phunk to DAVE for example).

You goofed. :p X-PPAs are only good for keeping or stealing workers from SMALLER promotions. In that respect, they work perfectly. The problem is, many people fall into the mistaken assumption that exclusive PPA is a poor man's written. It's not. Far from it, in fact. For 90% of occasions, a PPA deal is fine and works in your favor. If you're a promotion like 21CW who has no one larger to compete with and an almost area exclusive (though kinda sucky) talent base, Exclusive PPAs work fantastically. Otherwise, newp, better off with PPAs.

^^ What they said. Ex-PPA is basically only good if you're the largest promotion in a given game area, but for some reason can't sign written contracts (a la 21CW). Or, if you're large enough to sign written contracts, but don't want to (for example, because you won't be using him much - a la Mick Foley, or you want to stop other people using him, but don't plan to use him yourself - a la Paul Heyman in reality). They also work ok for someone like DaVE, who's bigger than everyone except the Big Two, and the big two would be offering written contracts anyway, so it makes no difference if the worker they steal is on PPA or Ex-PPA because he'd have to leave anyway. You'd have to be careful of NOTBPW and USPW though, both could probably tempt a worker away from DaVE (especially NOTBPW, where since they're bigger, your only defence is that your workers generally aren't over in Canada).

If your fed is bigger than the other fed, they're not going to want to leave you. Take 21CW for example. They're far bigger than MoSC and RoF, and have a TV deal. No wrestler in their right mind is going to jump from 21CW to MoSC voluntarily. Sure, if it was only a normal PPA contract they'd work for both, but if faced with a choice, they'd stay. If a bigger fed came along, sure, they'd leave. Or if a similar sized fed came along (which is why Ex-PPA wid DaVE is dodgy) they might jump. But not to a smaller fed. Sure, they could pick up three paycheques a month, but they'd also lose a spot on one of the big feds rosters to go and work the indies again. Not generally someone a wrestler wants to do.

Archived