USPW, DaVE, or CGC?

I have been playing as PGHW for as long as I can remember, and am looking to starty a secondary game, one where I actually have to run angles, and not focus on long matches...also, I want to start with a smaller fed and try and overtake the big dogs. So...should I be USPW, DaVE, or take it to Canada with CGC?

DaVE is quite challenging because your main event stars are all old and financially, you're screwed to hell. DaVE is slightly easier to make new stars for though, since despite your main event stars being old, most of them are quite talented still, and you have loads more youngsters coming through than USPW. USPW's challenge comes mainly from the fact that your roster is older than the hills, and just as bad in a wrestling ring ¬_¬ So you have to make new stars like in DaVE, but unlike in DaVE, you have to do it throughout pretty much your entire roster. Doing that realistically (i.e, without firing the Sam Strong Fan Club and all your older workers right away) is a challenge. USPW's finances are far superior to DaVE's though, both in terms of starting money and cashflow. CGC are by far the easiest of the three. They have USPW's money, with a generally talented and balanced roster. The DeColt's aren't quite the Stones, but they're far from bad wrestlers, and you can't lose them. So you've always got a good base to work from, and some good up-and-comers. Their main problem is that they're directly competing with one of the game's top promotions. So which fed you pick depends on which challenge you're after: Stopping a financial disaster, rejuvanating a dieing (in all senses of the word ¬_¬) roster, or trying to step out of the shadow of a better promotion.

It hasn't really been my experience that getting DaVE out of the woods without indulging in a little financial funny business is even POSSIBLE in this iteration of 2007, but one of the resident icons like D-Lyrium could probably clear that up for you. The point is, even if it's possible, it certainly isn't easy. If you're just starting out, avoid DaVE. They're one of the harder feds - the cards are stacked against you from the beginning.

Archived