It almost certainly depends on product, too. A more Traditional product might place more emphasis on a great main event, as that's what they'd be paying for. Whereas more Modern fans would expect quality throughout. Just a bit of good old fashioned speculation for you to chew over :p

What they said.... A good example I had: ALWAYS make sure your Main Event is the best match of the night. To give you an idea of what I mean, I had an event where my second to last match pulled a B- rating (I'm a regional promotion and this was a big deal...) but my Main Event got a C rating...my overall show rating...a C-! ALWAYS be sure to end the night with the best match you have to build up momentum. If you outshine your main event with the third match on the card, people will leave your show disappointment because your "big" match was outshined....Just my two cents

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;187100]It almost certainly depends on product, too. A more Traditional product might place more emphasis on a great main event, as that's what they'd be paying for. Whereas more Modern fans would expect quality throughout. Just a bit of good old fashioned speculation for you to chew over :p[/QUOTE] is that the main difference between modern and traditional?

That's far from the main difference between modern and traditional. I don't even know that it's even correct. Even if it was, it'd be bottom on the list of "differences between modern and traditional" :p As for the second one: probably not. Protecting works best if one wrestler in a tag team has poor stamina, or if one wrestler in a singles match has good basics but poor brawl/tech/flying skills. Etc, etc. If you protect both workers, it probably won't have any effect. It's kinda difficult to protect yourself and your opponent at the same time while you're the only two in the ring :p

[QUOTE=RepoMantaur;187334]also if you got a match with 2 guys and you choose to protect them both (like if one sucks in everything but brawl and flying, and the other sucks in everything with technical and flying) will the result be positive?[/QUOTE] In a singles match (1v1), only the first protect note is applied. The second is wasted. In a triple threat match, that applies as well (since you can't really have one person protecting two when they're all in the ring together). And the major difference between Traditional and Modern (at least from my understanding) is pace. A Traditional match is worked a lot slower than a Modern match. Your transitions are clearly defined because it's going slow enough for you to pick up on them. A Modern match operates a lot faster than a Traditional one. The two audiences are largely opposite in many respects. A Traditional fan might not be able to keep up with a Modern match's action or pace while a Modern fan might be bored by the slow flow of a Traditional match. That's not to say the two styles are mutually exclusive though. A product with Traditional and Modern elements can incorporate parts of both styles. It would probably create a sort of midtempo kind of match. Slow enough for the Traditionalists to keep up with but not so slow as to bore the Modernists. They kind of meet in the middle.

Archived