WWE Releases Superstars

davidEFC

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of the following talent. WWE wishes them all the best in their future endeavors. Tony Mamaluke Extremist Tony Mamaluke earned his greatest achievements in the original ECW, capturing the ECW World Tag Team Championship. Alongside his fellow Paesan Little Guido and ECW Diva Trinity, Mamaluke competed with new breed Extremists as a member of the Full Blooded Italians. Doug Basham As two-time WWE Tag Team Champions, the Bashams were at one-time regular competitors in SmackDown’s Tag Team division. An appearance at WrestleMania XX, and an extensive role as part of JBL’s Cabinet remain as highlights of this veteran tag team’s career. Al Snow ECW Original and former WWE Hardcore Champion Al Snow – along with his unique ally, Head – became a fan favorite with his unorthodox antics in the late 1990s. Snow is also known for his training of sports-entertainment hopefuls in WWE Tough Enough. While he will no longer compete in the ring, he will continue in his duties as a trainer. The Gymini The powerful pairing known as Gymini debuted on SmackDown in January 2006 and earned several victories over a slew of SmackDown teams including ring veterans Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki. Gangrel David Heath, known to many as Gangrel, made his WWE debut in the mid 90’s as the vampire leader of the Brood. With blood dripping from his trademark fangs, Heath created a memorable image for WWE fans. From WWE.com, also on the other news sites they expect more to come.

Add Jazz and Rodney Mack this just goes on to further prove Johnny Ace as the worst head of talent the WWE has ever had. Didn't he just sign Mack and Gangrel a few months ago? I guess he released them because he needs the roster space to sign more of the bikini models from the magazines he wanks off to like Kelly Kelly.

[QUOTE=flamebrain;187484]Between them all they have freed up maybe 6 minutes of air time per week.[/QUOTE] Granted, but if there is a conscious effort to make room, it could mean that there is some new blood to put out there, such as Harry Smith among others

What I mean is there might have been hope if it was on-screen talent that was released. Any attempt to push stars just clogs up the shows further. Had Masters, Viscera, Sylvan, Tatanka, Duggan and the like been released I would have been more optimistic. Hell I'd have prefered if those that were released got a shot on tv in the place of those I just mentioned! :)

how can they get rid of cw anderrrrrrrrrson!!! dude's a bad ass. he was on the cusp with his fued with dreamer at the end of ecw's run...... out of all of the realeases, cw and mamaluke stand out as the best. i suppose i can see why all of these guys were cut loose, but there is some talent in there. i don't see why they didn't stick the bashams on smackdown as a tag team, you can never have too many teams......if you ask me. at least rodney mack and jazz can come back down here to texas and get back with the indy promotion they were in before the E called them up. they used to work in XCW, which is here in denton, tx, home of the university of north texas. they put on weekly shows, $5 with a student id, and BYOB. good f'n times!!! they got signed to that new channel MavTV. ya'll should check it out sometime. necro butcher is a regular there, along with Hernandez (from LAX), the messiah and ian & axl rotten coming in for spot shows.....

[QUOTE=Marshall;187502]I take your point Flamebrain. I was just trying to see a positive from the senseless releases of some possibly useful talent. We can but hope that the 'E have a plan...[/QUOTE] I see your point also, I think I'm just getting cynical in my old age! :) It looks to me like they just covered al the bases when ECW was starting, throwing everything at the wall to see what would stick. Now that things are a bit more settled and ECW has a direction of sorts I guess we can say these guys just didn't really stick...

I'm also surprised the WWE let Terkay go. I mean a big guy, who can actually wrestle you'd have thought Vince would be all over the guy. Here's hoping he can make it big someplace else like TNA or ROH. Not gonna reply to PoisonedSuperman's comments, as it'd probably just start an argument. No offence dude.

I always thought the Bashams had great potential, but with their slightly uncharismatic style and the distinct lack of a decent tag division meant that it wasn't meant to be. I read something interesting about Danny Basham earlier. Basically it said that the 'E were contemplating bringing him in to help Vince in his feud with Shawn Michaels leading up to and past Wrestlemania. That would have been a career maker! [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Holly[/url]

Guest The Aussie
I don't really like the idea of cutting someone as talented as CW Anderson. If the WWE had the brains than they could actually bring forth a new generation of Four Horseman with CW taking Arns part. They could play on the fact that CW is part of the Anderson 'family' (In Kayfabe) and have him jst be that bad ass enforcer that he should be. BTW, What are they gonna do with Guido now?

[QUOTE=The Aussie;187565]I don't really like the idea of cutting someone as talented as CW Anderson. If the WWE had the brains than they could actually bring forth a new generation of Four Horseman with CW taking Arns part. They could play on the fact that CW is part of the Anderson 'family' (In Kayfabe) and have him jst be that bad ass enforcer that he should be. [/QUOTE] Those in charge at WWE can care less about the Four Horsemen and probably never thought much of them in the first place. If Flair and Arn didn't work for them, Vince would probably need the concept explained to them, and why it didn't actually include wrestlers that were half Horse, half Man~! It was an icky, dreaded, non cartoonish NWA-WCW thing to them, and lord knows WWF won the war in the end, so everyone else must have sucked. :rolleyes:

Archived