WWE Releases Superstars

davidEFC

[QUOTE=Marshall;187561]I always thought the Bashams had great potential, but with their slightly uncharismatic style and the distinct lack of a decent tag division meant that it wasn't meant to be. I read something interesting about Danny Basham earlier. Basically it said that the 'E were contemplating bringing him in to help Vince in his feud with Shawn Michaels leading up to and past Wrestlemania. That would have been a career maker! [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Holly[/url][/QUOTE] Can't always believe wiki, but he was under a commish sort of role in OVW. It wasn't going over very well either as he just looked like some street thug. Both of the Bashams had a lot of potential though, especially as singles stars. I was such a fan of Doug's character in OVW and the Revolution. Back then I was sure he would be a major star, but then he just got paired with a guy that looks nothing like him as a "twin tag team". Meh. Hopefully TNA can make good use of him, because like I said earlier, it's almost a sure shot he's going there.

CW Anderson isn't really as talented as you make him out to be. In Hardcore Homecoming he wrestled in like the second match of the show, and when he was in the Indy's he pretty much road the coattails of Steve Corino with 1PW, but he didn't do anything else and just accepted the job to WWE. He wrestled as the EWF once and I asked the owner about it and he said it was a waste of money and that he was quite a prick about working an indy show. (As opposed to guys like D'Lo Brown, who get there like 2 hours before the show starts and has conversations with all the workers.)

Personally, I am PISSED about Terkay being released. Here's a big beast of a man, who can wrestle his ass off. He has the size of Batista, with more wrestling ability in his left testicle. And he was teamed with an athletic brawler with good mic skills in Elijah Burke. They could have become a dominant tag team with Burke doing all the talking, and Terkay doing most of the damage to opponents. What a shame. I'm not sure about Burke succeeding without Terkay. Look out for his release in the next few months. And for everyone who said Sylvan should have been released, dude can kinda wrestle if you saw the matches he had in Canada on Smackdown. Why didn't they cut Cade and Murdoch, or Chris Masters, instead of my man Terkay. I can't wait until TNA gets 2 hours so they can use Terkay and some of the other talent Vince has wasted.

[QUOTE=The Aussie;187565]I don't really like the idea of cutting someone as talented as CW Anderson. If the WWE had the brains than they could actually bring forth a new generation of Four Horseman with CW taking Arns part. They could play on the fact that CW is part of the Anderson 'family' (In Kayfabe) and have him jst be that bad ass enforcer that he should be. BTW, What are they gonna do with Guido now?[/QUOTE] Release him :( They should move him across to SmackDown! allow him to be back in the Cruiser division

[QUOTE=CapCee;187688]Personally, I am PISSED about Terkay being released. Here's a big beast of a man, who can wrestle his ass of. He has the size of Batista, with more wrestling ability in his left testicle. And he was teamed with an athletic brawler with good mic skills in Elijah Burke. They could have become a dominant tag team with Burke doing all the talking, and Terkay doing most of the damage to opponents. What a shame. I'm not sure about Burke succeeding without Terkay. Look out for his release in the next few months. And for everyone who said Sylvan should have been released, dude can kinda wrestle if you saw the matches he had in Canada on Smackdown. Why didn't they cut Cade and Murdoch, or Chris Masters, instead of my man Terkay. I can't wait until TNA gets 2 hours so they can use Terkay and some of the other talent Vince has wasted.[/QUOTE] I liked Terkay too... But Master's has always had some kind of thing with the crowd... They absolutely HATE HIM. Lance Cade and Murdock are those uglie's that remind any old schooler of the old days, when there was alot of Uglies, lol..... Just like them. Terkay in my opinion was a mistake. I can understand why, but I think if it were up to me (and it's not), I would have invested a little more effort in him. He don't ever get a reaction though... Elijah does. I would have invested time in him though, reguardless, would have made me a great uppermidcard Heel, for pushing people the crowd actually cares about, if nothing else.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;187691]I liked Terkay too... But Master's has always had some kind of thing with the crowd... They absolutely HATE HIM. Lance Cade and Murdock are those uglie's that remind any old schooler of the old days, when there was alot of Uglies, lol..... Just like them. Terkay in my opinion was a mistake. I can understand why, but I think if it were up to me (and it's not), I would have invested a little more effort in him. He don't ever get a reaction though... Elijah does. I would have invested time in him though, reguardless, would have made me a great uppermidcard Heel, for pushing people the crowd actually cares about, if nothing else.[/QUOTE] I would've been interested in seeing how Terkay would do against somebody more used to wrestling a stiffer style. Was it that Terkay was just not good, or was it possibly that he was unable to work within whatever restrictions WWE may have put on him? It will be interesting to find out. I for one rather liked the guy. He had a good look for the monster heel that they were pushing him as, and I thought that submission hold he used [sorta looks like a standing Rings of Saturn, not sure what it's called] looked pretty neat.

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;187696]I would've been interested in seeing how Terkay would do against somebody more used to wrestling a stiffer style. Was it that Terkay was just not good, or was it possibly that he was unable to work within whatever restrictions WWE may have put on him? It will be interesting to find out. [/QUOTE] I actually think that It's because Terkay couldn't work a WWE style match; His style is more for a strong style fed than anything else. He hits hard and can take a beating but couldn't work the crowd.

[QUOTE=The Aussie;187709]I actually think that It's because Terkay couldn't work a WWE style match; His style is more for a strong style fed than anything else. He hits hard and can take a beating but couldn't work the crowd.[/QUOTE] yeah, but Elijah Burke could work the crowd, thats why they made sense as a pairing

I just saw Terkay as another Dan Severn or Steve Williams. Could have been a good "dismantling" heel but he failed to make the impact needed to secure his place. Hopefully he will go on to success elsewhere. Guido will always be employed so long as WWE tours Italy, reports I've read say the roof actually melts for him there, hence his CW win there a while back.

Source: Wrestlezone.com [QUOTE]'ve gotten three eyewitness accounts of Tatanka and Mike Knox being put up on the list of WWE terminations on WWE.com earlier today. It happened between 5:30 and 6 p.m. and their names were only on the page for 10 to 15 minutes or so before they were quickly taken down.[/QUOTE] I guess these are next in line, it goes on to say they were taken down to give WWE a chance to let the wrestlers know before making it public. Personally these firings aren't all that bad. Except for maybe Terkay, which surprised me. I thought he could really go in the ring, and having Elijah Burke with him gave him a perfect mouthpiece. And CW Anderson. I always thought he was an exceptional brawler. I was hoping to see the Tommy Dreamer vs. CW Anderson feud at the end of ECW reignited.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;187566]Those in charge at WWE can care less about the Four Horsemen and probably never thought much of them in the first place. If Flair and Arn didn't work for them, Vince would probably need the concept explained to them, and why it didn't actually include wrestlers that were half Horse, half Man~! It was an icky, dreaded, non cartoonish NWA-WCW thing to them, and lord knows WWF won the war in the end, so everyone else must have sucked. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] Evolution were set to be called the Four Horsemen, or just Horsemen - but the idea was changed at the last minute. I suspect the reason was down to the Horsemen being Flair's group, whereas Evolution was being led by HHH. * I don't think any of these guys are going to be missed by E fans. The Bashams going is a very small surprise, as there seems to be a drive to build more of a tag team roster on both brands at the moment - but the Bashams were never over. * Burke is built, charismatic, and has the basics down - and therefore is exactly the sort of guy WWE love. I never bought into the idea of him and Terkay as a team, anyway - they never seemed to wrestle as one. Oh, and ECW has no tag belts... * Cade and Murdoch seem to be getting a mini-push right now, if only as JTTS fodder. They're an established team with a reasonable gimmick, so that keeps them fairly safe for now. Masters is kinda over, and has the Masterlock gimmick that always draws heat - especially against underdog faces. Plus he's got the look, and there's been a ton of time invested in getting him over.

Tatanka is gone as well now, as well as Skyfire, Ryan Reeves (Who were both in the middle of big storylines) and Jack Bull were released from OVW. Vince must be upset recently, he's doing a complete re-shuffling. I heard the creative team has been re-done, with one guy getting the boot. May be a reason, I dunno.

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=TravisL;188489]Interesting enough Cryme Tyme and Mike Knox briefly appeared on the released wrestlers list earlier, but were quickly removed. Guess they changed their minds.[/QUOTE] I'm interested and suprised by the Cryme Tyme one but not suprised by Knox appearing on it.

Archived