OK board, you got your championship, where's my money?

I did the unthinkable (or at least improbable) and led the University of New Mexico Lobos to the national championship, going 13-0 for the season and beating #2 Boston College 40-17 in the Sugar Bowl. My budget before the season was about $2.1 million. Now the board of regents increases it by... [Dr. Evil] ten... THOUSAND... dollars! [/Dr. Evil] Is there any chance of ever getting big bucks? Or is all of my Sugar Bowl pay-off going for the redecoration of the provost's new office?

Guest Nukester
I wish I could help you here, but I cant. I recently took Syracuse (65 prestige) to #6 in the polls and won the 1st round of the playoffs (10-1 regular season 1-1 postseason I think, in the Gridiron Glory online league), and lost $40,000 to my budget the next season :( That board of directors is a tough crowd

I won several Mac titles with Akron and got +/- 10,000 most seasons (more + than -). Then I moved to C-USA and won 2 more and went undefeated getting a #2 ranking and got about 40,000 each season. Moved to the Big10, won it and the sugar bowl finishing #1 and got 140,000. It's possible that it's conference related. independant seems to be regarded low since teams are reported as getting demoted there. Also, It could be your AD, check his abilities. On a bright side they change. Mine was orange for everything for 10 seasons or so, then I won the title and after I got the money his fundraising turned to yellow

Archived