"This Is TNA" rating disappoints

Trashbear

[url]http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_19298.shtml[/url] I think a lot of it has to do with the match line-up...I don't think a lot of regular TNA fans would have tuned in for this as it's all just rehash. The matches were good, but from what I hear the overall execution of the show was lacking. I guess we'll see this Thursday if the special had any positive effect overall.

[QUOTE=Trashbear;198999][url]http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_19298.shtml[/url] I think a lot of it has to do with the match line-up...I don't think a lot of regular TNA fans would have tuned in for this as it's all just rehash. The matches were good, but from what I hear the overall execution of the show was lacking. I guess we'll see this Thursday if the special had any positive effect overall.[/QUOTE] I'm afraid it won't matter much for this week's Impact, as TNA is going head-to-head with RAW. I'd use next week's ratings to determine the effect.

[QUOTE=Trashbear;198999][url]http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_19298.shtml[/url] I think a lot of it has to do with the match line-up...I don't think a lot of regular TNA fans would have tuned in for this as it's all just rehash. The matches were good, but from what I hear the overall execution of the show was lacking. I guess we'll see this Thursday if the special had any positive effect overall.[/QUOTE] That [i]and[/i] they ran head-to-head with 24 and Heroes, which was a "Dee Dee Dee" moment to be sure. I didn't bother since it was a rehashing. That and Vince Russo is the worst booker ever.

That [I]AND[/I] the fact that TNA rarely pulls a 1.2+ rating. TNA is NOT popular amongst the US (competitive wise, personally I love TNA.) TNA isn't a viable alternative to WWE at this point in time, and unfortunately they don't seem to know that. We don't need a Monday Night War again, because it's a war and someone has to lose. Vinnie Mac would inevitably win that war (he's been in the business for a long time, and does know people.) TNA needs to set themselves apart by stopping their crappy russo-rific booking (how many run-ins, gimmick matches in one night, and bad endings do we need in a 1 hour show??) and by making the X-Division more than one big spotfest. If a match gets 3-5 minutes, you DO NOT need to hit every single one of your spots. Personally, I think that the X Division is the best thing TNA could have but they need to add a bit of psychology to their matches.

Where are all the TNA marks who were going on and on how TNA was gonna get the RAW viewers and explode... blah blah blah..? No comments? Hate to say I told you so... I watched 2 hours of 24 and then watched Heroes that I TiVoed during 24. Sounds like everyone else did the same...

Basically all the wrestling that is available nationally in the US on TV right now is crap. Unfortunately, no one seems willing to put on good WRESTLING anymore. It's all look at the muscle freak or Look at the fake tits on that girl. Also, it doesn't help matters when a show starts out with TWENTY minutes of talking followed by 5 minutes of "wrestling" followed by TEN minutes of talking. Also, TNA can't fit that roster into 1 hour weekly. They don't seem to know who to push and they can't get the X-Division beyond being my spot now your spot now my spot oops times up pin me. Crap crap and more crap. Don't even get me started on WSX. It's crap for the kiddies. Much like the music industry nowadays. Hell in a handbasket and I can't even enjoy the ride.......

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;199156]WWE Smackdown seems to be the closest one you would be able to bare, lol.[/QUOTE] I agree with you for the most part, but the booking is still a bit non-sensical. Kennedy needs a midcard/upper midcard title he can run with and we need someone besides Batista as champ. However, King Booker is not what I want nor is Rey(jockey-sized) Mysterio. I do want to point out that I do not totally detest spots, I detest spots that are way to easy to see coming. When a spot relies heavily on a person "catching" the guy doing the spot, those are the ones I HATE.

[QUOTE=GDE71;199154]Basically all the wrestling that is available nationally in the US on TV right now is crap. Unfortunately, no one seems willing to put on good WRESTLING anymore. It's all look at the muscle freak or Look at the fake tits on that girl. Also, it doesn't help matters when a show starts out with TWENTY minutes of talking followed by 5 minutes of "wrestling" followed by TEN minutes of talking. Also, TNA can't fit that roster into 1 hour weekly. They don't seem to know who to push and they can't get the X-Division beyond being my spot now your spot now my spot oops times up pin me. Crap crap and more crap. Don't even get me started on WSX. It's crap for the kiddies. Much like the music industry nowadays. Hell in a handbasket and I can't even enjoy the ride.......[/QUOTE] Watch ROH, judging from your complaints it seems like something you'd enjoy a good deal.

(sarcasm)Tell me which channel I can watch ROH on and I will watch. TV is almost equal to reality. In my mind Joe and Homicide and a few others are TNA workers not ROH workers and I would find it hard to keep what is happening in each separate in my head. Can't we get someone with some money to get REAL pre-determined outcome wrestling on TV????? If only I were rich.........

[QUOTE=GDE71;199202](sarcasm)Tell me which channel I can watch ROH on and I will watch. TV is almost equal to reality. In my mind Joe and Homicide and a few others are TNA workers not ROH workers and I would find it hard to keep what is happening in each separate in my head. [/QUOTE] It's easier then you think, you can just take the money you have spent or are spending on one WWE or TNA PPV and get a handful of superior shows of ROH on DVD. Of course TV is better but I'm not going to just give up on wrestling because I don't want to seek out the good stuff.

Yeah those spots are lame, though I prefer to hate on the typical "everyone hit their signature moves within 30 seconds of each other and no sell/over sell all of them" X Division Impact matches. Maybe if TNA spent less time hyping WCW's failed roster and spent more time letting the talented wrestlers wrestle they'd actually attract and audience... nah, you'd still have Tenay and West announcing, Russo and Jarrett booking, an idiot freebee live audience who will chant anything that comes to mind... it's like their trying to be the ECW crowd, but they took the "short bus" to get there... a bunch of walking examples of a Carlos Mencia skit...

[QUOTE=still71;199268]Yeah those spots are lame, though I prefer to hate on the typical "everyone hit their signature moves within 30 seconds of each other and no sell/over sell all of them" X Division Impact matches. Maybe if TNA spent less time hyping WCW's failed roster and spent more time letting the talented wrestlers wrestle they'd actually attract and audience... nah, you'd still have Tenay and West announcing, Russo and Jarrett booking, an idiot freebee live audience who will chant anything that comes to mind... it's like their trying to be the ECW crowd, but they took the "short bus" to get there... a bunch of walking examples of a Carlos Mencia skit...[/QUOTE] That crowd is the drizzling ****s. I remember at Slammiversary 2006 they had a James Gang vs. Team 3D hardcore match. The crowd started chanting "This is awesome!" about 5 minutes in. The match was certainly passable, but they made it seem like some unbelievable event. It's like they so desperately want to be a part of something significant they try and overblow everything. If they move out of Orlando ever they should try and run some northeast towns and see if that stuff gets the same reaction. I really doubt it will.

[QUOTE=Trashbear;199276]That crowd is the drizzling ****s. I remember at Slammiversary 2006 they had a James Gang vs. Team 3D hardcore match. The crowd started chanting "This is awesome!" about 5 minutes in. The match was certainly passable, but they made it seem like some unbelievable event. It's like they so desperately want to be a part of something significant they try and overblow everything. If they move out of Orlando ever they should try and run some northeast towns and see if that stuff gets the same reaction. I really doubt it will.[/QUOTE] The crowd certainly can spoil your mood. I have gone to get something to drink, and here the crowd go crazy, and rushed back just to see something pretty bland, that they are hyping (even the commentator's) as if it's something I've never seen a junior high Gymnastics team do. Don't get me wrong, I like watching some good gymnastics, but making it out like it's "Never been done before" is a bit much. The crowd is going crazy, and I see that someone did a leap off the turnbuckle onto the other guy on the floor.... Yeah, never seen that before.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;199293]The crowd certainly can spoil your mood. I have gone to get something to drink, and here the crowd go crazy, and rushed back just to see something pretty bland, that they are hyping (even the commentator's) as if it's something I've never seen a junior high Gymnastics team do. Don't get me wrong, I like watching some good gymnastics, but making it out like it's "Never been done before" is a bit much. The crowd is going crazy, and I see that someone did a leap off the turnbuckle onto the other guy on the floor.... Yeah, never seen that before.[/QUOTE] I blame Don West he's gone even beyond Tony "There's never been anything like this in the history of our sport" Schiavone levels of hyperbole. If any of you guys ever check out WorldWrestlingInsanity.com, look up the Canadian Bulldog's True Wrestling Story for TNA. It's a tongue-in-cheek look at TNA's history and rips on West pretty good and it's also pretty funny.

[QUOTE=Trashbear;199300]I blame Don West he's gone even beyond Tony "There's never been anything like this in the history of our sport" Schiavone levels of hyperbole. If any of you guys ever check out WorldWrestlingInsanity.com, look up the Canadian Bulldog's True Wrestling Story for TNA. It's a tongue-in-cheek look at TNA's history and rips on West pretty good and it's also pretty funny.[/QUOTE] that was a great laugh, thanks

Archived