Signing workers in Rival Promotions

I was curious as to why I can never seem to get to the negotiation point with any wrestler in a rival promotion. I'm playing the Wars End Mod with WCW and obviously I'm at war with the WWF. Anytime one of their workers contract comes up for renewal they won't negotiate because of the 'war' between the two companies, which is unrealistic imo. Workers would surely, as they did in real life plenty of times during the Monday night wars, negotiate with the rival promotion to see what type of money and/or push was being offered. I don't see the point in having the 'at war' feature if you can't steal workers.

Because WWF is probably bigger and/or more prestigious then your company. If they leave to join you they won't be able to go back to the WWF for a while, so why would they want to leave a bigger promotion for a smaller one? It happens once in a while in the real world like a few guys going to TNA but it doesn't happen all the time. Especially not in the War's End era.

[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;200070]No probs with me, i turned loyalty off since it was way out of hand and ive Signed Rey Mysterio and countless others from WCW.[/QUOTE] Yeah if you look at the data you'll notice the majority of big stars have Loyalty set to WCW. Which is what is making it impossible to sign them.

The big thing is, while for the most part Loyalty isn't seen in the United States, it [i]does[/i] happen on occasion. I wish it were possible to code the reality into the game through making Loyalty possible but rare if Loyalty isn't turned on in an area, but I fear that would be impossible. Some workers who have loyalty: Sting (to NWA/WCW) Bryan Danielson (to ROH) The Undertaker (to WWE) Tommy Dreamer (to ECW) Those are the only ones I can think of, but they are absolutely valid examples. I have no idea why anyone other than these four would have Loyalty set in any mod, though.

[QUOTE=still71;199998]In Wars End WCW starts out as the bigger promotion, so your excuse is not valid for his scenario. Even in mine, I used the editor and made WWF as big as it could get and lowered the popularity of WCW and still was impossible to sign WCW talent.[/QUOTE] I'm pretty positive that WCW starts out lower than WWF.

[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;200208]How is Bryan Danielson loyal to ROH when he "quit" the business becasue the WWE wouldn't offer him a contract not that long ago? If the WWE would give him a roster he would go there in a flash.[/QUOTE] Maybe several years ago, but as of now, he is definitely Loyal to ROH. I doubt he has any interest in WWE these days.

[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;200208]How is Bryan Danielson loyal to ROH when he "quit" the business becasue the WWE wouldn't offer him a contract not that long ago? If the WWE would give him a roster he would go there in a flash.[/QUOTE] that was a work or better put, Danielson needed a break anyway, the E had nothing to do with that decision

Archived