Lethal Dosage Wrestling: The Challenge

[B][U][SIZE="4"][center]-November 2008-[/center][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]- Yosuke Narita (Awesome Thunder) is the new 5SSW booker. The wrestling world is still in shock that Mr H. Booker was overlooked for the post.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]- WLW and USPW get TV shows. LDW doesn’t.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]- Super Sonic and Maria Harry have fallen out backstage, and now strongly dislike each other.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]- Nothing else happens. At all.[/COLOR] [CENTER]-=- [COLOR="Blue"][b]Lethal Dosage Wrestling: Fade To Black[/b][/COLOR] [i]In front of 38 people at the Weston Gymnasium DVD Commentary from [B]Max Chaos[/B].[/i][/CENTER] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Match One:[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Head Kicker defeated Norris The Ninja in 3:55 by pinfall with a Kick To The Head '07. Once again, Norris didn’t even attempt an offensive move, but this time he looked frustrated. As if he wanted to, but had forgotten how, or wasn’t physically able to.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Max was, again, useful in getting the fans involved, and Norris played his part well enough, F+ is decent for a Headkicker match.[/i] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Match Two:[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Hyperformance defeated Xtreme Invasion Force in 6:31 when Tempest defeated Fearless Blue by pinfall. Throughout the match, Hurricane looked to be on another planet, and Tempest ended up doing most of the work himself.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Hurricane, other than acting mashed, looked genuinely knackered after this 7 minute match. Everyone else seemed fine though.[/i] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Angle:[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"] Ash Campbell stormed the ring, and said that he knew Rex was here. He was about to demand that Reeves answer his challenge, but Triple R came out anyway, which rather stopped Campbell in his tracks. Reeves seemed sympathetic to Cambell’s plight, and devised a plan. Tonight, in the main event, Campbell could pick anyone he liked from the backstage area, and Reeves would do the same. If Campbell’s choice beat Reeves’, then Campbell would get his rematch at Season Finale. Campbell seemed delighted, and said that… as it happened… a friend of his from England was visiting tonight, and would be more than happy to accept Reeves’ challenge. Rex revealed his choice, ‘Redneck Luchadore’ Super Sonic, the leader of XIF. But then, to a roar from the crowd, Campbell revealed his choice. All the way from England. Eddie. CORNELL![/color] [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Cornell is an absolute bargain, since nobody in America really knows who he is. As a result, I have a Campbell-quality worker for a Reeves-quality price.[/i] [COLOR=Blue][b]Main Event:[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Eddie Cornell defeated Super Sonic in 9:37 by submission after an Indian Deathlock. As it became obvious Super Sonic was out of his depth, Reeves frantically called to the back. Out came Maria Harry, and the crowd feared the worst. However, Harry shrugged, and as Cornell locked in the Deathlock, simply asked Rex “What am I supposed to do? Disqualify him for being better than you?”. Rex answered “Yes! Damnit, yes!”, but Sonic tapped, and the showdown was set. [/color] [b]Rating:[/b] E- [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Not bad, Eddie, considering how average Sonic is. Remember, our best ever match is E+.[/i] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Overall Show Rating:[/b][/COLOR] E- [i]- Enough to nudge us up to 7.8, and Season Finale should be good. [/i] [center]-=-[/center] [COLOR="Blue"]- $1950 spent on workers, for a loss of $266.[/color] [COLOR="Navy"]- ELPF have, indeed, gone out of business. RIP.[/color] [b]Next Month[/b]: [center][quote][u]Lethal Dosage Wrestling: Season Finale 2![/u] [i]Friday, December, Week 3.[/i] [i]At the Weston Gymnasium[/i] Card: Lethal Dosage Wrestling Championship Match: Ash Campbell w/ Eddie Cornell vs. Rex Reeves (C) Special Attraction Match: Black Eagle vs. Angel De Mexico Head Kicker vs. Evil Spirit Hyperformance vs. Des Davids and Mikey James (MAW Tag Team Champions) Stretch the Chicken Boy vs. Norris The Ninja [/quote][/center] Three months in one night? LDW: Like Waiting For A Bus.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has got to be the funniest dynasty going! You've gained a reader in me for sure Lethal Dosage Wrestling Championship Match: Ash Campbell w/ Eddie Cornell vs. [b]Rex Reeves (C)[/b] Special Attraction Match: [b]Black Eagle[/b] vs. Angel De Mexico Head Kicker vs. Evil Spirit [b]Hyperformance[/b] vs. Des Davids and Mikey James (MAW Tag Team Champions) [b]Stretch the Chicken Boy[/b] vs. Norris The Ninja

Guest The Aussie
Lethal Dosage Wrestling: Season Finale 2! Friday, December, Week 3. At the Weston Gymnasium Card: Lethal Dosage Wrestling Championship Match: Ash Campbell w/ Eddie Cornell vs. [B]Rex Reeves[/B] (C) [I]Rex ain't losing the title... yet.[/I] Special Attraction Match: [B]Black Eagle[/B] vs. Angel De Mexico [I]This is tough to predict, neither work for you but I'm predicting for Black Eagle to take the win.[/I] [B]Head Kicker[/B] vs. Evil Spirit [I]HK is the man, Head Kicker for champion[/I] [B]Hyperformance[/B] vs. Des Davids and Mikey James (MAW Tag Team Champions) [I]Jobbing out the MAW champions seems like the thing that Mr H. Booker would do.[/I] Stretch the Chicken Boy vs. [B]Norris The Ninja[/B] [I]Since his Pacifist Ninja gimmick isn't working, you should kill it and change it. It's not like it'll hurt you that much.[/I]

[QUOTE=The Aussie;301900] Special Attraction Match: [B]Black Eagle[/B] vs. Angel De Mexico [I]This is tough to predict, neither work for you but I'm predicting for Black Eagle to take the win.[/I][/QUOTE] Angel actually does work for us. He just hasn't wrestled much lately, since we haven't had a big show for a while and he costs loads now that MHW and MPWF made him famous. As for DOTM... thanks, but I don't think this meets, like, ANY of the criteria :P Besides, this gets updated whenever the hell I feel like it, and is generally ****e. Putting it up against Marcel's ROF diary, WRESTLING: The Federation, or Tigerkinney's Burning Hammer is nearing sacrilege :p

Lethal Dosage Wrestling Championship Match: [B]Ash Campbell[/B] w/ Eddie Cornell vs. Rex Reeves (C)-LDW is getting bigger with more cash flow, time for a new champ. The Rex reign was well but it has done its job. Special Attraction Match: [B]Black Eagle[/B] vs. [B]Angel De Mexico[/B]-I am calling a draw and your best match ever. [B]Head Kicker[/B] vs. Evil Spirit-Both are good character but I call a big kick for the win. Hyperformance vs. [B]Des Davids and Mikey James[/B] (MAW Tag Team Champions)-I mark for Mikey. [B]Stretch the Chicken Boy[/B] vs. Norris The Ninja-Norris snaps and gets offense in but still loses.

Lethal Dosage Wrestling Championship Match: [B]Ash Campbell[/B] w/ Eddie Cornell vs. Rex Reeves (C) Special Attraction Match: [B]Black Eagle[/B] vs. Angel De Mexico Much love for Plague. [B]Head Kicker[/B] vs. Evil Spirit [B]Hyperformance[/B] vs. Des Davids and Mikey James [B]Stretch the Chicken Boy[/B] vs. Norris The Ninja I've just started the journey of reading this from the start. Trying to figure out whats been going on. Pretty great stuff actually, I've laughed more than I should probably.

[B][U][SIZE="4"][center]-December 2008-[/center][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]- TCW get a PPV deal, and SAISHO’s head booker gets fired.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]- Talking of getting fired, Super Sonic gets his pink slip due to not having much for him to do, and him causing trouble backstage. I discretely disbanded XIF. Doubt anyone would notice, as they’ve done very little. Reckless, Aero and Blue are still around, though.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]- Rob Perkins improved from D to D+ refereeing in September, which is why he just re-signed for an otherwise pricey $150. Other than Angel, in a month and a bit, the next round of contract negotiations will be with most of the roster in February, and there are some names that are very close to becoming too expensive.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]- The closure of ELPF allowed the first ever European indy show to happen this month, and it got a D.[/COLOR] [CENTER]-=- [COLOR="Blue"][b]Lethal Dosage Wrestling: Season Finale 2![/b][/COLOR] [i]In front of 34(?!) people at the Weston Gymnasium DVD Commentary from [B]Max Chaos[/B] and, when not competing, [b]Ash Campbell[/b].[/i][/CENTER] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Match One: Stretch vs. Norris[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Stretch The Chicken Boy defeated Norris The Ninja in 7:39 with a Crossface Chickenwing. Again, the ninja looked impotent. Eventually, as the match began to slip away *again* due to his doing nothing, he raised a fist to Stretch. Stretch stopped in his tracks, as surprised by this as Norris seemed to be. Soon, the familiar voice of Maria Harry came over the PA to announce that “violence wasn’t the answer”, which distracted Norris long enough for Stretch to lock in a Chickenwing and get the submission victory.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Stretch is starting to get stale, which is weird, because I wasn’t aware he had much of a character left ¬_¬.[/i] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Angle: Norris’s New Mentor[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"] The fans booed even more as Harry walked to ringside, proclaiming Norris a “martyr to the cause”. She went on to say that, by proving that violence wasn’t necessary even in an atmosphere that encouraged and expected it, Norris was more of a champion than anyone else in the industry. The fans, clearly, weren’t of the same opinion. Either way, Norris returned to the back with his new mentor, leaving Stretch bemused.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Norris is improving at acting, not like that’s difficult. .[/i] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Match Two: MAW Tag Team Championship Match[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Des Davids and Mikey James defeated Hyperformance in 10:28 when Mikey James defeated Hurricane by pinfall after a Dragon Suplex. Hurricane spent most of the match on the outside, seemingly recovering from another heavy session, leaving Tempest to take the lion’s share of the punishment. When, out of necessity, he eventually got tagged in, he was pinned almost immediately. Tempest didn’t interact with Hurricane at all after the match, he simply walked to the back and left him down in the ring.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] E- [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Davids was off his game. Gah, the one night he’s wrestling for me...[/i] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Angle: Xtreme Instability[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Backstage, for the benefit of those watching the DVD, the remaining XIFers were in their locker room. Reckless informed everyone that the invasion was a complete failure, and former “leader” Super Sonic had abandoned them. An argument followed, with everyone voicing their opinions over the top of each other. Eventually, Xavier decided that, for no reason other than we needed to kill time on the show, the three remaining members would have a match. Next.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] E- [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Reckless is actually quite good on the microphone, and the other two aren’t terrible either. This segment and following match were added because I realised that Reeves and Campbell wouldn’t be able to go 34 minutes. And because this complete hash of a storyline needed a suitably hashed “ending”.[/i] [COLOR=Blue][b]Match Three: Xtreme Implosion[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Fearless Blue defeated Xavier Reckless and Daredevil Aero in 7:55 when Fearless Blue defeated Xavier Reckless by pinfall with a Sky Twister Press.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Still not sure what I’ll do with these guys, relative to the rest of the cheap workers, Blue and Reckless are decent, so I’ll probably keep them around. Just not sure what they’ll be doing yet...[/i] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Angle: Chaos Theory[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]At ringside, Max Chaos interviewed Ash Campbell about the latter’s upcoming championship match. Campbell said that, as the son of Nemesis, and with the cousin of Tommy Cornell in his corner, he couldn’t fail to win the Lethal Dosage Championship, and this time, he assured, he’d be keeping it for longer than seven minutes.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] E+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i]Ash and Max only getting an E+? Pffft.[/i] [COLOR=Blue][b]Match Four: Head Kicker vs. Evil Spirit[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Evil Spirit drew with Head Kicker in 7:31 following a double disqualification. Towards the end of the match, two men in suits came rushing to ringside, followed at a much slower pace by Maria Harry. One of the men was clearly recognisable as Drunken Dragon, but the other perhaps less recognisable; DeCipher, minus mask. The two men, under direction from Harry, pulled the two combatants apart, and Harry had the referee throw the match out after eight minutes (luckily for ‘Kicker, who was already exhausted) .[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Double Dragon’s transformation to Agent Kenny was a ‘complete success’, and Agent Gonzales’ new gimmick… failed. Horribly.[/i] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Angle: The Commission[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Kenny grabbed a microphone and passed it to his ‘boss’. Harry stated that she’d successfully reformed the drunkard, the ninja and the demon, and next on her list was the Evil Spirit. Spirit cowered in a corner as the two agents approached him. Staring into Agent Gonzales’ eyes for any hope of an easy way out, he found nothing, not even any recollection of their previous tag team antics and friendship. Luckily for him, Gonzales received a Kick To The Back Of The Head ’08 before any pain could be dished out. Taking the initiative, Spirit slid under the ropes, and the duo retreated before Kenny could react.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Just in case that confused anyone, Agent Kenny is Drunken Dragon, and Agent Gonzales is DeCipher. Clicking Next is going to be tricky. I think I’ll cry if the big letter in the bottom right corner is still red...[/i] [COLOR=Blue][b]Match Five: Black Eagle vs Angel de Mexico, Lucha Rules[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Black Eagle defeated Ángel De México in 36:39 by two straight falls, with the final fall happening by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] D- [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Yes! New record, as we all knew it would be. Black Eagle, by the way, has been on road agent duty for every match other than this one, this was DeCiph…Agent Gonzales’ doing. Also of note, Eddie Cornell joined the commentary team for this match (and the rest of the night). Angel was exhausted, unsurprisingly, but it didn’t seem to affect the match too much.[/i] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Angle: El Hijo y El Primo de las Leyendas [/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Sincere apologies to our Spanish speaking members for the doubtless butchering of your fine language. Eddie Cornell and Ash Campbell were discussing the night’s action with Max Chaos at ringside when out came Rex Reeves, ready for action. Instead of the ring, though, it was the announce booth he headed for. Triple R demanded to know why he wasn’t interviewed about the match, and also demanded to know why Eddie Cornell was here at all. Both, to be fair, reasonable questions. Ash explained that he wasn’t interviewed because nobody cared what he had to say, and Eddie was here because he wanted to be. Reeves responded that Cornell had no right to be, but Ash retorted that when you’re related to Tommy Cornell, you can be anywhere you want. Eddie remained silent, but soon had to take over colour commentary duties as the main event abruptly started outside the ring.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] E- [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Seriously, my Spanish sucks, so if that says what it’s supposed to, it’ll be some kind of miracle. Anyway, another average segment considering three of our most charismatic workers were in it (but so was Rex, so…).[/i] [COLOR=Blue][b]Main Event: LDW Championship Match, Lucha Rules[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Rex Reeves defeated Ash Campbell in 10:19 by two falls to one after losing the first, with the final fall happening by pinfall with a handful of tights. Eddie left the announce booth to be at ringside for this match, but didn’t get involved at all, event when Rex went outside (to Eddie’s side of the ring) to get a chair (which he used, and thus lost the first fall). [/color] [b]Rating:[/b] E [b]Notes:[/b] [i] The chemistry between these two helps Reeves to one of the best matches of his career (he's only ever got E's with Ash or Angel), and brings him one match away from celebrating an entire year as champion (technicalities aside). As an aside, Cornell (who’s actually Campbell’s manager for angle purposes), has good chemistry with Ash in that role.[/i] [COLOR="Blue"][b]Overall Show Rating:[/b][/COLOR] E [i]- Of course I could’ve got a much higher rating with Eagle/Angel in the main event slot, but no self-respecting promotion - or even LDW - would put a random filler match between a hometown guy on a one-night contract and an occasional Mexican star above the only match with any story behind it at all, especially the match for the promotion's main title. I went for realism over ratings.[/i] [center]-=-[/center] [COLOR="Blue"]- Financially, it’s not good. We were never supposed to MAKE money on the big shows, but I went completely overboard and spent $5,275 on workers. Sponsorship came to our aid, but we still ended up $798 in the red at the end of the month. No real tragedy, we can make it back with a small show in January. And hey, if financial owner goals are based on increasing profit by a certain percentage… ;)[/color] [b]Next Month[/b]: With new owner goals set in January, will LDW be doomed to failure by over ambitious expectations? Or will be get a free ride again? Also, admin stuff like Overness/Momentum updates, etc.

[B][U][SIZE="4"][center]-2008 End Of Year Roundup-[/center][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"] Screw the LDW awards, nobody cares anyway, let’s just get on with it.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"][b]Wrestler Of The Year[/b]: Dan Stone Jr. (2007: Jeremy Stone) [b]Young Wrestler Of The Year[/b]: Edd Stone (2007: Wolf Hawkins) [b]Veteran Wrestler Of The Year[/b]: Pistol Pete Hall (2) [b]Female Wrestler Of The Year[/b]: Sensational Ogiwara (2) [b]Promotion Of The Year[/b]: Pride Glory Honour Wrestling (2007: SWF) [b]Most Improved Promotion Of The Year[/b]: INSPIRE (2007: NOTBPW) [b]Match Of The Year[/b]: Tommy Cornell vs. Sean McFly - TCW Summer Showdown [b]Card Of The Year[/b]: NOTBPW Live! (am I the only one thinking TV shows should be excluded from this award?). [b]PWH Top 20[/b]: 1. Dan Stone Jr. 2. Yoshimi Musashibo 3. Nobuatsu Tatsuko 4. BLZ Bubb (despite being unemployed since July) 5. Eisaku Kunomasu 6. Duane Stone 7. Tommy Cornell 8. Shuji Inukai 9. Jeremy Stone 10. Pistol Pete Hall 11. Eisaku Hoshino 12. Haruki Kudo 13. Ricky Dale Johnson 14. Bryan Vessey 15. The Awesome Kiyaru 16. Hiroaki Nakasawa 17. Edd Stone 18. Buddy Garner 19. Johnny Bloodstone 20. Tadiyuki Kikkikawa Other notables: Remo at #26 after his move to NOTBPW, up from #35 last year. Nobody that ever got anywhere near an LDW ring was in there.[/COLOR] -=- [COLOR="Blue"]So, what about the company as we stand, going into the New Year? [B] Popularity:[/B] 8.2% in the Tri-state area. [B]Prestige:[/B] 2.2% [B]Finances:[/B] -$796 [b]LDW Championship Prestige:[/b] 70.7%[/color] -=- [COLOR="Navy"]And the wrestlers? [U]Momentum[/U] [B]E:[/B] Angel de Mexico, Agent Kenny, Tempest, Hurricane, Head Kicker, Xavier Reckless, Eddie Cornell. [B]E-:[/B] Daredevil Aero, Rex Reeves, Agent Gonzales. [B]F+:[/B] Stretch the Chicken Boy, Norris The Ninja, Ash Campbell, Evil Spirit, Fearless Blue. [U]Tri-State Overness[/U] [B]E-:[/B] Angel de Mexico, Gil Thomas (¬_¬), Agent Gonzales, Head Kicker, Rex Reeves. [B]F+:[/B] Max Chaos, Xavier Reckless. [B]F:[/B] Ash Campbell, Evil Spirit, Fearless Blue, Hurricane, Maria Harry, Norris the Ninja, Stretch the Chicken Boy, Tempest. [B]F-:[/B] Daredevil Aero, Eddie Cornell, Agent Kenny.[/color] -=- [color="Blue"]So, finally, on to the owner goals. [B]#1:[/B] Retained from last time, we must be more popular in the Tri-State area than 8.2%. Easy. [B]#2:[/B] No signing people over the age of 35. Again, easy. [B]#3:[/B] Ouch… no signing anyone with less than B- Basics. It might make us look amateurish. HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING OUR SHOWS?! Looking professional isn’t something we know how to do. This still leaves us with a fairly large pool of potential signings, but they’ll all be a lot more expensive than we’re used to, and most of them have other employers. So in short, we’ll have to make do with what we’ve got for now.[/color] -=- [color="Navy"][U]State Of The Dynasty Address[/U] Basically, as you’ve doubtless noticed, this dynasty gets updated when I feel like doing so. If I try to get updates up when I feel I ‘should’ do one, because I haven’t done one for ages, we end up with trite like the Maria Harry/Commission angle. I think we all agree, the less of this bollocks you have to endure, the better. This also means that I now have to think of a reasonable way to end this angle before I commit hara-kiri due to the lameness of it all. We also get the XIF and LDW Championship being largely ignored due to making room for the new uninspired angle. By contrast, when I write when I want to write, we get angles like Reeves vs. Angel. I think you’ll agree, Reeves vs. Angel was quite enjoyable, especially when Ash got involved. Now, I’m not saying I’m losing interest in this diary. I have loads of ideas stored away for a rainy day, including several new gimmick ideas and a Cornell push, but I need to book my way past the Commission crap before I can get to them. This is what happens when I try to think of something rather than letting it be thought by itself. So, in future, I will let it be thought by itself, however long that takes. I’ll also be tinkering with the format slightly, to allow things to be less repetitive. I need some feedback on this too; do you actually care what goes on outside of LDW in this dynasty? I mean, in some dynasties it’s useful to know who the competition are and what they’re up to, but let’s face it, we don’t have any competition, and the dynasty is centered almost completely around LDW and it’s slow, agonising rise to the top. However, if you like the tidbits before the shows about what’s going on around the Cornellverse, it’s no problem at all to keep them in. Up to you guys.[/color]

Whether or not to include worldly news is really your call. I tend to check in on so many diaries that I lose track of what's going out beyond the player feds in each one (but then I do update world news in my own diary, so I can't really talk). Perhaps just keep going with news tidbits that affect your fed in some way. Am thoroughly enjoying this though. It's entertaining in a slightly bizarre way! :D And I like diaries that make me smile.

[B][U][SIZE="4"][center]-January 2009-[/center][/SIZE][/U][/B] [CENTER][COLOR="DarkGreen"][b]Lethal Dosage Wrestling: New Year’s Revolucion[/b][/COLOR] [i]In front of 45 people at the Weston Gymnasium DVD Commentary from [B]Max Chaos[/b].[/i][/CENTER] [COLOR="Green"][b]Match One: The Commission vs. Xtreme Force[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Kenny and Gonzales, as Max explained for the DVD viewers, were sent by Ms. Harry - who can’t be here tonight - to get rid of the so called “Xtreme” elements of LDW. They started well, pulverising Blue and Aero. However, a Blue Thunder Bomb through a table on the outside led to Gonzales being stretchered out of the arena before the conclusion of the match. They weren’t the legal men though, and Kenny got the win with a Policy Change (STO) on Aero.[/color] [b]Result:[/b] The Commission defeated Xtreme Force in 7:56 when Agent Kenny defeated Daredevil Aero by pinfall. [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] A great way to start off our cheap show, using four workers at once. Still, I accidentally left the show at an hour, so we had to kill time anyway. The Gonzales injury is totally kayfabe, and you’ll later see why.[/i] - [COLOR="Green"][b]Angle: Reckless Abandoning?[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Xavier Reckless came bolting from the back, to cheers from the crowd who clearly expected him to rush to XF’s aid. However, they were mistaken, as he immediately started hammering away on Aero. A confused Kenny confronted him, and Xavier took the microphone Kenny had picked up. “Agent Kenny, Ms. Harry, I’d like to apologise for the behaviour of myself and my colleagues in the former Xtreme Invasion Force. We acted like children, and without honour. I realise that now. That’s why I’m here to make amends. I’d like to hand myself in, as it were. I’d like to be reformed. To become a useful member of society. Is that possible?" A stunned Kenny recovers quickly, and takes the microphone. "As it happens, my dear Xavier, we might have an assignment for someone like you. We have a little… problem, that needs to be taken care of. So if you feel up to it, stay right there. We’ll have him brought out to you..[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] F- [b]Notes:[/b] [i]Well, that sucked. Xavier’s heel turn didn’t though.[/i] - [COLOR="Green"][b]Match Two: Judge, Jury and Excorcist[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]The ‘little problem’, ushered to the ring by more men in suits (random passers by from outside the arena), turned out to be Evil Spirit. The notion of cheering a guy called Evil Spirit sounds silly, but this is LDW, so the fans did it anyway. Spirit was basically used as a punchbag by Reckless, who made a mess of the poor guy. That is, until Head Kicker turned up. As Max put it on commentary “It’s time to kick some heads!”, which Kicker duly did. One in particular. Spirit then simply crawled on top of the unconscious Reckless and got the pinfall victory.[/color] [b]Result:[/b] Evil Spirit defeated Xavier Reckless in 12:42 by pinfall with a Dead Calm Drop II, following interference from Head Kicker. [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i]I’m pretty sure that’s actually Spirit’s only ever singles win, and probably the only time he’s ever used the Dead Calm Drop II in LDW, as DeCipher usually got the wins in the LATD’s matches...[/i] - [COLOR="Green"][b]Angle: Kids, Close Your Ears[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]In the aftermath, Max Chaos comes to ringside to join his client. Standing over the fallen Reckless, he has a message for the whole of the Commission. “Excuse me, Ms. Harry. I know you’ll be watching. How else can you ruin the fun of hund… tens of people in a little town outside New Jersey? Let me tell you something. LDW isn’t about athletics, or government legislation, or politics. LDW is about fun. LDW is about high-flying, high-impact action without the overly serious Tommy Cornell types. We don’t have fights over spilt milk. We don’t have fights over running off with your opponent’s girlfriend. We have fights because fighting is funny. And you know what? LDW isn’t directly opposed to a bit of misogyny once in a while, my friend here doesn’t particularly care if you’re a woman or not, as long as you have a head… he probably can’t tell the difference. To be fair to him, it’s difficult sometimes. Such as when looking at you in certain angles, in a certain light. Such as from the front, in broad daylight. So kindly take your rules, your regulations, your legal bull****, and **** OFF!" "Thank you.”[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] E- [b]Notes:[/b] [i]Hopefully there are no young children in the audience.. *looks at product settings*… oops. Oh well. They won’t mind. That was a ‘Guy Secretan’ style “**** off”. When it’s delivered like that, nobody is offended, right? That’s lost on everyone, isn’t it? *sigh*[/i] - [COLOR="Green"][b]Main Event: Eddie Cornell vs. Norris The Ninja[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Eddie Cornell, cousin of Tommy, one of the most genuinely talented athletes on the roster. Norris The Ninja, also one of the most genuinely talented workers on the roster. So why did it suck so much? They didn’t have terrible chemistry, they just didn’t have as good a match as the world was expecting. Cal Sanders does suck in my game, it seems. Damn you, destiny![/color] [b]Result:[/b] Eddie Cornell defeated Norris The Ninja in 14:58 by pinfall. [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Grrrrr. No chemistry notes, no ‘off their game’ notes, just no real greatness either.[/i] - [COLOR="Green"][b]Overall Show Rating:[/b][/COLOR] F+ [i]- Yup. When you compare cost to show rating, this is probably one of the worst LDW shows ever. Fantastic start to the new year. After some research, by the way, it turns out that wasn't Evil Spirit's first ever LDW singles win. If anyone can tell me who his only other win was against, without checking, I'll give you a cookie.[/i] [center]-=-[/center] [color="green"][b]Finance[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]We spent $1,775 on workers, which isn’t a horrendous amount, but it was supposed to be a cheap show to get us back in the black. We ended up losing $88, leaving us $800 in the red. Next month we’d need to use, like, two people. The bank are NOT happy.[/color] [COLOR="green"][b]Contract Negotiations[/b][/color] [color="DarkGreen"]- Angel de Mexico wanted far too much, so wasn’t offered a renewal. He wasn’t due a match at New Year’s Revolucion, so he’ll be going out on a high note at least with his LDW Match of the Year against Black Eagle. - Norris the Ninja has been re-resigned, but at a ridiculous price of $175 per appearance, that means it’ll probably be the last time. - I laughed in Hurricane’s face when he told me that being paid as much as Norris wasn’t enough. The guy can’t last five minutes in a ring, and has done piss-all to warrant $200. - Ash Campbell did re-resign, but only on ‘special attraction’ wages, $450 per appearance. - Agent Kenny wasn’t a problem, but Agent Gonzales can go and do unscrupulous things to his rear end if he thinks he’s worth $650. Seriously. MVP of 2007 he might be, but that’s insane. - Everyone else (other than the XIF guys who don’t come up for renewal for four months) signed with little drama, although the “default” pay has gone from $125 to $175, but that’s to be expected, most of the roster has been here for two years now. So, to recap, Angel de Mexico has wrestled his last LDW match for a while, as has DeCipher. Hurricane is only on board until his angle finishes. Ash Campbell is now in “the Angel position”, of being an occasional wrestler due to cost. Everyone else is fine, although the 'default' LDW wage is now $175.[/COLOR] [color="Green"][b]A Blast From The Past[/b][/color] [color="DarkGreen"]Remember Brent Psycho? The randomly generated guy I hired ages ago but he was stolen before I could debut him? Well now he’s at D+ popularity in Quebec and Ontario, D- in BC and the Maritimes, and E+ in the Praires. Main Eventing for 4C (where he’s feuding with Jerry Martin) and a lower midcarder in CGC (ironically, tagging with Jerry Martin!). He’s up to C- in most Performance skills (E- for consistency), and although he’s only in the D’s for his in-ring skills, he’s only 21. And he’s got B- for booking. As a measure of how well he’s doing, his first ever match was E- (even more ironically, guess who it was against? And if that’s not enough irony in your diet, it was in CGC… the place he’s now tagging with him. These guys are inseparable). His last, and so far best, match teaming with Jerry was C-. Granted, that was against Powerslave (computer generated team of Maverick and Powell, now at B- experience), but still… that’s a great little story right there. The only other computer generated worker I took note of from 2007 is still unemployed. Can’t sign him now because of the Basics block, but he’s only ever had two indy matches, almost a year apart, both E grade.[/color] [color="Green"][b]Misc.[/b][/color] [color="DarkGreen"]As a humorous aside, it took Giant Brody all of 21 days to fail a steroid test after entering the game.[/color] [QUOTE][b]Next Month[/b]: Xtreme Force vs. Hyperformance [i]- Tempest is rapidly growing tired of Hurricane’s… tiredness. But they’ll both need to be wide awake against Xtreme Force.[/i] LDW Championship Match: ‘Ravishing’ Rex Reeves vs. Evil Spirit [i]- Spirit originally refused to come to the arena ever again, but was coaxed in with a title shot. Head Kicker is sure to be there. Gonzales is out of action, but The Commission still have enough resources at their disposal to banish the Evil One once and for all. The question is, can they do it this time? And where do Rex Reeves’ loyalties lie? He’s been very quiet throughout the whole thing.[/i][/QUOTE]

[B][U][SIZE="4"][center]-February 2009-[/center][/SIZE][/U][/B] [CENTER][COLOR=DarkGreen][b]Lethal Dosage Wrestling: Fire! Battle! In Metal![/b][/COLOR] [i]In front of 35 people at the Weston Gymnasium DVD Commentary from [B]Max Chaos[/b].[/i][/CENTER] [COLOR=Green][b]Angle: Hello, Mr. Evil[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]Evil Spirit is backstage, babbling something in a language nobody can understand (no, not even Japanese people). In walk Max Chaos, with an apologetic look on his face. “Slight problem”, announces Max, with no idea whether or not Spirit can understand him. “Head Kicker is AWOL. He was supposed to meet me at the airport, but he wasn’t on the plane”. This isn’t welcome news, and Spirit begins to pace up and down the room. “But the good news is, I haven’t seen anyone from the Commission lately either. So it looks like tonight should be bull****-free”.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] E+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Excellent segment, shame it was only a minute long.[/i] - [COLOR=Green][b]Match One: Hyperformance vs. Xtreme Force[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]Standard fare from both teams really, with Blue and Aero getting in as many spots as they could cram into 10 minutes, and Hurricane spending large parts of the match on the apron. Tempest received a huge ovation for a last-gasp fightback at the finish, but was eventually put away with a Blue Thunder Bomb.[/color] [b]Result:[/b]Xtreme Force defeated Hyperformance in 9:55 when Fearless Blue defeated Tempest by pinfall with a Blue Thunder bomb. [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Hurricane was protected (and, incidentally, buried), but still couldn’t last ten minutes. That’s why this is his last match.[/i] - [COLOR=Green][b]Angle: Storm Force[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]As Tempest slowly got to his feet, Hurricane staggered over to help him, but was pushed away. Confused, Hurricane asked his team mate what was wrong. Predictably, this infuriated Tempest further, and he just about managed a right hook before collapsing to the mat. Aero and Blue, who’d only just made it to the ramp by this point, headed back to the ring and, while Blue helped Tempest to his feet again (a gesture Tempest was far more grateful for this time), Aero grabbed a microphone. “So, the time is finally here? Come on, man, this has been coming for a while. The guy’s useless. And that’s coming from me, heh. Say, can I ask a favour, Tempest?”. Lost for words, Tempest just about managed a shrug. “Can I have first dibs?” A huge smile crossed Tempest’s face, as his new-found friend nailed Hurricane between the eyes with a move he calls Terminal Velocity, although it’s basically an Irish Whip into a running superkick. Tempest gives the thumbs up to Aero, and the two Xtreme Force members help him to the back.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] E [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Miles better than expected, considering none of them are very over, or very entertaining on the mic (other than Tempest, but he was only rated on Overness).[/i] - [COLOR=Green][b]Angle: Agent AWOL of the MIA[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]Max Chaos is outside, in the parking lot of the rather small Weston Gymnasium. A guy in a high-visibility jacket gives him the thumbs up, and he returns inside where Evil Spirit and Rex Reeeves are waiting. “Ok, no Xavier, no Harry, no Kenny. It’s just you two. One on one, the way it should be. So give it your best shot, it might be your last chance the way things are going. Do it for LDW!”. Evil Spirit walks away, content. Reeves turns to do the same, but Max grabs his arm. “If they’re hiding someone, and you know about it, tell me NOW. If you were behind Head Kicker missing his flight, I wanna know NOW. I don’t trust you at all, Rex. Nobody does. But I don’t think even you’re stupid enough to get on the wrong side of a guy like me…” Reeves smirks his usual ****y, untouchable smirk. “Me know nutting. No speaka-da-Engleesh”. He walks away, title around his waist. Max stares after him, simmering.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] E [b]Notes:[/b] [i]Note to self: Make Max’s segments longer. [/i] - [COLOR=Green][b]Main Event: LDW Championship: Reeves vs. Spirit[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]Not a fantastic match, by any means. Not that I was expecting much. Spirit is extremely bland in the ring, and Rex is hardly going to set the world alight any time soon. Still, nothing went tragically wrong, so I can’t complain. Throughout the match, Reeves kept smirking and pointing to the entrance, only for nothing to happen and the gradually-more-paranoid Spirit would get clobbered by some underhanded manoeuvre. Clearly enjoying the mind-games, Reeves tried this technique several times, until he got bored and hit the RexPlex for the victory.[/color] [b]Result:[/b] Rex Reeves defeated Evil Spirit in 9:38 by pinfall with a RexPlex. Rex Reeves makes defence number 3 (8, technically) of his Lethal Dosage Championship title. [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i]Bleh.[/i] - [COLOR=Green][b]Overall Show Rating:[/b][/COLOR] F+ [i]- We should probably stop putting on F+ shows if we actually want to get anywhere, huh? But we need money for that... [/i] [center]-=-[/center] [color="green"][b]Finance[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Spent $1,300 on workers. Not good. Sponsorship came in at $3,200, leaving us $400 in the red. Half what we were last month, but would it be good enough for Mr. Bank Manager? The Dynasty hopes so. I’ve only just got back into the swing…[/color] - [color="Green"][b]Misc.[/b][/color] [color="DarkGreen"]NOTBPW rise to Global. And for all none of you who care, the answer to last month's trivia question: His now-girlfriend, Ginko Kuroda was Evil Spirit's only other singles victory.[/color] [QUOTE][b]Next Month[/b]: If we’re still alive… Xavier Reckless vs. Eddie Cornell. [i]- Reckless is out to prove that pedigree counts for nothing in LDW. Tommy isn’t here to beat ‘Agent X’, Eddie has to do it, and X doubts Eddie is good enough.[/i] Ladder Match, Loser Leaves LDW Tempest vs. Hurricane [i]- No real explanation needed here, is there? Tempest thoroughly blames Hurricane (surely one of the few people in wrestling history to have turned heel through being triple-teamed?) for the failure of their tag team, and has petitioned for, and received, a war to settle the score.[/i][/QUOTE]

[B][U][SIZE="4"][center]-March 2009-[/center][/SIZE][/U][/B] [CENTER][COLOR=DarkGreen][b]Lethal Dosage Wrestling: Silicon Dreams[/b][/COLOR] [i]In front of 45 people at the Weston Gymnasium DVD Commentary from [B]Max Chaos[/b].[/i][/CENTER] [COLOR=Green][b]Match One: Tempest vs. Hurricane, Ladder Match[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]A short match, due to time constraints and Hurricane’s McDonald’s training regime, but it was still crap. How can one of Canada’s best cruiserweights and a former TCW Cruiserweight Champion have a bad ladder match? Hurricane was basically squashed by a reinvigorated Tempest, who looked like a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders.[/color] [b]Result:[/b] Tempest defeated Hurricane in 4:45 with a Storm In A Teacup. [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Hurricane is finally fired, as he deserved to be ages ago.[/i] - [COLOR=Green][b]My Name Is Eddie.[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]Max Chaos is in the ring with Xavier Reckless. Agent X tells us his life story. His father is a businessman, not a wrestler. His mother is a housewife… not a wrestler. In fact, throughout the history of his whole family, he can recall no wrestlers. He’s the first. And he’s still here, in the main event of a wrestling show, having owned his own promotion previously. He’s had LDW title shots. He has, in short, been quite successful. And he’s done all of that without being the cousin of one of the world’s most famous wrestlers. So now it’s time for Mr. Cornell to show us what he’s made of.[/color] [b]Rating:[/b] E- [b]Notes:[/b] [i]I can’t recall Eddie ever mentioning his family ties, ever. But hey, if it makes Xavier cut E- promos, I’m all for it..[/i] - [COLOR=Green][b]Main Event: Xavier Reckless vs. Eddie Cornell[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]Apparently, Eddie’s made of ‘meh’ and ‘blah’. But ho-hum. Cornell gave a good account of himself, aggression-wise. Reckless never dominated him, as he has so many other people. But Cornell never looked like winning the match. Without Ash Campbell at his side, Cornell didn’t have the edge in any department. Maybe he can blame it on jetlag, after flying back to England to sign a PPA deal with MOSC this week.[/color] [b]Result:[/b] Xavier Reckless defeated Eddie Cornell in 11:39 by pinfall with a Slingshot DDT. [b]Rating:[/b] F+ [b]Notes:[/b] [i] Meh. Neither of them are above F+ overness (Cornell is F, Xavier is F+), so I didn’t really expect great things.[/i] - [COLOR=Green][b]Overall Show Rating:[/b][/COLOR] F+ [i]- Another F+. This is going to be a slow year.[/i] [center]-=-[/center] [color="green"][b]Finance[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Spent $945 on workers, which brings us in at $340 for the good. Phew.[/color] - [color="Green"][b]Misc.[/b][/color] [color="DarkGreen"]Although we survived, it’s a bad day for European wrestling as both 21CW and UCR go out of business. Also, MOSC owner Highland Warrior handed the reigns to his son Jefferey McPeterson, as he’ll be retiring from wrestling at the end of the month.[/color] [QUOTE][b]Next Month[/b]: Maria Harry returns to the Weston Gymnasium. What treats will she have in store? LDW Championship Match: Rex Reeves vs. Tempest [i]- Formerly a dancing fool, Tempest has become a lot more serious of late, and a lot more angry. Following his decimation of Hurricane in their mini-feud, Tempest now takes on Rex Reeves, for the ultimate prize in LDW. Will his momentum carry him through the glass ceiling?[/QUOTE]

Archived