Newbie Question....

I have only played it a couple of times, but from reading other's posts on it, here is some conclusions I made. You kind of go through it realistically. I mean, if your going from a nobody to superstar, the road happens, but you go through the regular motions.. Starting out as a Jobber, you will probably lose quite a few match's before you start winning. Also, you will options to do "spend" some sort of stat in the match, to make your move or counter have more of a chance to succeed. I don't remember what it's called though, lol. Anyways, you kind of go through the game like you would expect to in life. Start out as a jobber, losing to get other's over or stay at the card they are at, then you start moving up the card slowly as well. You start going against a jobber or two, then move up to lower midcard, then to midcard, then to upper midcard, then hopefully you make it to Main event. From what I understand though, it takes a good amount of time... probably a few in game year's to get up the card. It also depends on how well you "Play", far as countering and selecting movesets, etc.

• 2 years later...
[QUOTE=lovestruck420;204097]I've had 5 matches so far and lost every one of them, so sadly I think I am leading Bret hart into an eternal jobber role. lol I haven't had a chance to read the help file yet. I'll check it out now though. lol[/QUOTE] I really dont think brett won his first matches when he started do you? Most newer guys are lucky to win once every couple of months. The guys in the WWE who are young have put in thier time dropping matches to everyone under the sun during dark shoes, rest assured, and I would say its pretty realistic to lose a ton more than you win to start your pro career out. It used to be even worse. If you read a wrestling book from someone that came up before territoires got destroyed (may i recomend chris jerico's book?) as a young guy, your pretty much expected to lose excitingly until you build up some cred in whatever promotion your working for.

Archived