Burning Desire, Raising The Hammer (Cornellverse)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote=BuddyGarner;207927]Push Sensational Dragon and Champaign Lover! Sign Kozue Kawashima and Noriyora Sanda![/quote] Sensational Dragon is getting pushed already, notice his star performance in the Six Man Tag at the last show. I had to deal with the usual [I]'I'm an Icon of the company, how dare I be on the losing side, even if I'm not getting pinned'[/I] moaning and groaning from Kudo, for his team taking the loss, but I see Sensational Dragon as a great natural talent that can only get better, if he can keep his ego in check. I'd love to sign Kawashima and Sanda, but they are both on written deals at PGHW, both are also loyal to that company and I can't see them parting with PGHW, unless PGHW falls on really hard times, which I don't see happening any time soon. I actually generally prefer PGHW's roster, but I felt that Burning Hammer provided the more interesting challenge.

[I]I'n this diary I'm generally just going to concentrate on my own promotion, [/I][I]I appreciate diaries that do encompass the rest of the gameworld but personally I don't have the time to include news from other promotions on top [/I][I]of writing up the show reviews, preview and news for Burning Hammer. [/I] [I]However I thought I would bring this to attention, because even promotion's with great talent can be brought down with bad booking....[/I] [B]NOTBPW rose to National, but have since fallen back to cult after putting on two horrible shows in a row, by their previously high standards. [/B] I can see Victoria Stone being canned as head booker after these shows, because they stink, and as someone who can book that promotion properly it pains me to see such awful booking as this: [COLOR=darkred][I]Here were the cards[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][B]Championship Wrestling:[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Whippy the Clown bt Frankie Dee (D)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Harrison Hash bt Gregg Boone to retain the X-Division Title (D-)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [I][COLOR=darkred]* Notes I kept the same title names as I kept for my NOTBPW diary, what the hell are they doing [/COLOR][COLOR=darkred]giving Boone a title match anyway ?![/COLOR][/I] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Stone Siblings bt The CAN-AM Blondes (B-)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]* That match saved the show from being a complete disaster[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Tim Westybrook bt Alysian Scottfield (D+)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][I]* Any booker worth their salt, would have released Scottfield by now[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Johnny Bloodstone vs Derek Frost (C-)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Flying Stones vs R.K Hayes & Dean McWade (C)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][B]Overall: C-[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][I][COLOR=black]If you thought that was bad wait till you see this,[/COLOR][/I] [/COLOR] [B][COLOR=darkred]NOTBPW Live ! (This is their second TV show they got commissioned when they went National)[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Gregg Boone bt Frankie Dee (D-)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Jana Marie Bowen bt Stephanie Hazel (E+)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Dean McWade bt Whippy the Clown (C-)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Melody Cuthill bt Emma Bitch to retain the womens title (D+)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Harrison Hash bt The Natural to retain the X-Division title (D+)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [I][COLOR=darkred]* Basically apart from giving Boone a shot, the X-Division title has basically consisted of Harrison Hash defending against The Natural ten times. First of all The Natural is already a tag champion and they just devaluing one half of the tag champions by continualy jobbing him out to Harrison Hash and the tag belts for that matter as [/COLOR][COLOR=darkred]the Blondes are barely defending them. Plus the fact that the fans are sick of seeing this match, it was getting C's at the beginning of the feud, now it's getting a D+. [/COLOR][/I] [COLOR=#8b0000][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][I]The booking for the X-Division title has been so bad, they've managed to lower the belts prestige to 40 % , the very mininum a mid card title can be worth.[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Edd Stone bt R.K Hayes (C-)[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][B]Overall: D+[/B][/COLOR] I can't believe that someone could book NOTBPW that badly. To cut them some slack current International champion Sean McFly is out of action with a cracked sternum and will be for another 18 days, but still that's no excuse to book the shows that terribly.

[B][U]From [URL="http://www.purogods.com"]www.purogods.com[/URL][/U][/B] After eventful shows last week, the major question on every one's mind is, is all well with Silver Dragon Feet the self proclaimed elite group of Burning Hammer, led by the iconic Hooded Kudo. For the second week in a row Hooded Kudo berated Koshiro Ino (one half of the current tag team champions) for taking the loss in a six man tag match, both of those matches included The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyame) who appear to be a thorn in the side of the popular stable and in particular Koshiro Ino. Ino though did manage to gain some measure of revenge on The Rebellion when he managed to succesfully retain the tag titles with Tadakuni Tosushai, when the titles were on the line at last Monday's show. World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa survived a hard hitting contest with Yasunobu Masuno, Junior champion Marahito Masuko came through the challenge of The Awesome Kiyaru and GCG invader Rhino Umaga continues to hold the Openweight title to 'ransom' after soundly beating Yasuhiro Taira in their re-match. Looking ahead to the up-coming shows for this week Monday's show in Chugu , will see the 'Future' of the Junior Division Sensational Dragon take on Junior Division pioneer Optimus. No matter the outcome of the match Sensational Dragon is guaranteed a shot for the Junior title at Burning Hammer's first PPV of the year [B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=darkred]Fire Dream of the Immortals[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]. However the winner of this match will also get a shot at Marahito Masuko's junior title at Wednesdays show in Kyushu. Also at the Chugu show The Raging Bulls and The Rebellion will face off in a tag team contenders match, the winning team will face the current tag champions Koshiro Ino and Tadukani Tosushai for the tag titles at [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=darkred][B]Fire Dream of the Immortals[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=black]. World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa will team with one of his closet challengers for his title Kinnojo Horri , when they take on the team of Yasunobu Masuno and Openweight champion Rhino Umaga, and the Junior Tag Titles will be on the line as Size of the Fight face the challenge of the all-star team of Super Joshuya and Elemental II.[/COLOR] As well as the Junior title match, Kyushu's show will be co-headlined with a World Title contenders match between Kinnojo Horri and Yasunobu Masuno. Both Horri and Masuno recently challenged Hiroaki Nakasawa for his world title, both will be desperate to get another chance to have another crack at becoming world champion. Whilst Rhino Umaga put's his openweight title on the line against a let to be named opponent. With much of the card for the show in Kyushu on Wednesday to be confirmed, the official card will not be released by Burning Hammer until Monday's show in Chugu has been completed. Here is the full line-up for Monday's show which will take place at the Akita Stadium in Chugu... [CENTER][B]Night Five (Akita Stadium , Chugu) [/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][I]Monday 19th March 2007[/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Tag Titles Contendes Match : [/B] The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Raging Bulls (Hamacho & Sanda) [/CENTER] [CENTER][I]* Winner earns title shot a Fire Dream of the Immortals[/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Junior Title Contenders Match:[/B] Sensational Dragon vs Optimus[/CENTER] [CENTER]* Winner will challenge for title at Wednesdays show in Kyushu[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]All-Star Tag:[/B] 'World Champion' Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri vs Yasunobu Masuno & 'Openweight Champion' Rhino Umagha[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Battle of the Giants:[/B] Nisso Yuasha vs Everest[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Junior Tag Title Match:[/B] Size of the Fight (Konda & Kokan) vs Super Joshuya & Elemental II[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Koshiro Ino[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]vs[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Champagne Lover[/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Dynamite Narahashi[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]vs[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Mokuami Maita[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]___________________________________________________________________________________[/SIZE][/CENTER] [LEFT][B]Confirmed for Wednesdays show:[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Junior Title: Marahito Masuko vs Sensational Dragon or Optimus[/LEFT] [LEFT]World Title Contenders Match: Kinnojo Horri vs Yasunobu Masuno[/LEFT] [CENTER][SIZE=1]_________________________________________________________________________________[/SIZE][/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U][COLOR=sienna]Prediction Short Form:[/COLOR][/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=sienna][U]Monday (Chugu) [/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=sienna]Tag Contenders: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=sienna]The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae vs The Raging Bulls (Hamacho & Sanda) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=sienna]Junior Contenders: Sensational Dragon vs Optimus[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]All Star Tag: Nakasawa & Horri vs Masuno & Rhino Umaga[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Junior Tag Titles: Size of the Fight (Kokan & Konda) vs Super Joshuya & Elemental II[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Nisso Yuasha vs Everest[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Koshiro Ino vs Champagne Lover[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Mokuami Maita vs Dynamite Narahashi [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=sienna]__________________________________________________ [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT]

Monday (Chugu) Tag Contenders:[B]The Rebellion [/B](Shimedzu & Miyamae vs The Raging Bulls (Hamacho & Sanda) Junior Contenders: [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs Optimus All Star Tag: [B]Nakasawa & Horri [/B]vs Masuno & Rhino Umaga Junior Tag Titles: [B]Size of the Fight[/B] (Kokan & Konda) vs Super Joshuya & Elemental II Nisso Yuasha vs [B]Everest[/B] [B]Koshiro Ino[/B] vs Champagne Lover [B]Mokuami Maita[/B] vs Dynamite Narahashi

[QUOTE=Gozer;207944]This is really interesting - makes me realize that there's a big slab of the C-Verse I know virtually nothing about![/QUOTE] Hehe I agree, so far I had largely ignored the Japanese promotions, but I really like BHOTWG and also WLW as im a sucker for the Super Juniors.

[b][u]Monday (Chugu)[/b][/u] Tag Contenders:[b]The Rebellion[/b] (Shimedzu & Miyamae vs The Raging Bulls (Hamacho & Sanda) Junior Contenders: Sensational Dragon vs [b]Optimus[/b] All Star Tag: [b]Nakasawa & Horri[/b] vs Masuno & Rhino Umaga Junior Tag Titles: Size of the Fight (Kokan & Konda) vs [b]Super Joshuya & Elemental II[/b] [b]Nisso Yuasha[/b] vs Everest [b]Koshiro Ino[/b] vs Champagne Lover [b]Mokuami Maita[/b] vs Dynamite Narahashi I'm not sure if I'm picking who I want to win or who I think should win out of this lot, it's tough to choose sometimes. Push Mokuami Maita, he's one of my favourite people that I've never actually used having never played as BHOTWG myself. But as a big Cornellverse mark and a scary person for C-Verse knowledge everywhere outside Mexico, I'm loving this. It's nice to see some people getting diary time that don't often get it. Optimus for victory! :) Derek B

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][B][U]Burning Hammer- Reborn Tour (Night 5)[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Momday 19th March 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER]Akita Stadium, Chugu (Attendance: 4'859) [/CENTER] [B][U]Dark Matches[/U][/B] [B]Dark Match # 1: Sanetomo Shiraishi vs Toshiki Shibanumo[/B] [B][COLOR=navy]Result: Toshiki Shibanumo defeated Sanetomo Shiraishi in 3:43 by pinfall with a Hammerplex. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=navy]Rating: C[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=black]______________________________________________________[/COLOR][/B] [B]Dark Match # 2: Yoshii Shiomi & Venom vs Silver Shark & Kenko Takemitsu[/B] [B][COLOR=navy]Result: Shiomi & VENOM defeated Silver Shark and Kenko Takemitsu in 4:58 when Yoshii Shiomi defeated Kenko Takemitsu by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=navy][B]Rating: C-[/B] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]________________________________________________________________[/COLOR] [CENTER][B][U]Main Show (Filmed For TV)[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]A video is shown hyping what will be the main event- the tag contenders match between Raging Bulls & The Rebellion[/I] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 1: Dynamite Narahashi vs Mokuami Maita[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DynamiteNarahashi.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MokuamiMaita.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Maita is someone who can put on good matches given the right opponent, and though Narahashi is hardly a star name, he is just the sort of technically minded opponent that Maita gels with. This was a good little show-case of pure wrestling, as both men were constantly able to counter each others moves. The finishing sequence saw a series of counter- roll ups between the two men, until Maita was able to stun Narahashi with the Assination Attempt (Running Knee). [B]Result: Mokuami Maita defeated Dynamite Narahashi in 8:09 by pinfall [/B] [B]Rating: B-[/B] ________________________________________________________________ [I]Koshiro Ino & Hooded Kudo are seen backstage, where Kudo is giving his protege words of wisdom before his match with Champagne Lover[/I] [CENTER][B]Match # 2: Koshiro Ino vs Champagne Lover[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KoshiroIno.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChampagneLover.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] A solid match up between these two, but I was hoping for a little better. To be fair that is due to the crowd not being that into Champagne Lover, this might be down to his unknown status in Japan. Lover has done OK on this tour so far, but he needs to win over the fans a little more and at the moment I would not necessarily bring him back for another tour, despite his talent. To be fair I’ve probably thrown him in too deep in his first month and perhaps I need to give him some wins over the lower end of the roster to help build him up. As for the match itself, it was a definite clash of styles as Lover tried to wear down the tag champion with a combination of science and agility, whilst Ino tried to make his power counter. In the end Ino’s Power was too much for Champagne Lover, and he finished off the Mexican import with the Kobra’s Bite (High Knee) after a series of fore-arm smashes to soften him up. [B]Result: Koshiro Ino defeated Champagne Lover in 12:49 by pinfall with a Kobra's Bite. [/B] [B]Rating: C+[/B] ________________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match # 3: Junior Tag Titles: [/B] [B]Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) vs [/B] [B]Elemental II & Super Joshuya[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningJuniorTag.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningJuniorTag.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]vs[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalII.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Elemental II and Super Joshuya may well be the bigger stars, but you could tell who was the tag team and who was two names just put together to give Size of the Fight some fresh challengers, for their Junior Tag Belts. SOTF constantly used double-team manoeuvres such as holding Konda holding Joshuya in place across the ropes, for Kokan to hit a double stomp, or Konda hitting a snap suplex on Elemental II and then Kokan following up with a springboard leg-drop, where as Joshuya and Elemental II just tended to work like two individuals put together. That’s not to say that the two Junior All-Stars did not provide a stern test, the titles could have easily changed hands when Elemental II nailed Hyosuke Kokan with the Earth-Breaker and Super Joshuya nearly performed the Due South (Moonsault belly to belly suplex) on Kansuke Konda, but Konda was able to fight him off. In the end the champions were able to retain, as Konda was able to take out Elemental II with a Suicide Senton through the ropes, that enabled Hyosuke Kokan to counter the J-Drop from Joshuya with a swinging DDT and then lock on the Electric Shocker Clutch , forcing Super Joshuya to tap out. [B]Result: Size of the Fight defeated Elemental II and Super Joshuya in 12:35 when Hyosuke Kokan defeated Super Joshuya by submission with an Electric Shocker Clutch. [/B] [B][COLOR=navy][COLOR=darkred]Size of the Fight retain the Burning Junior Tag Team titles.[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/B] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [I]Size of the Fight celebrate a successful title defence[/I] [I]_______________________________________________________________[/I] [I]A video plays hyping Nakasawa and Kinnojo Horri vs. Yasunobu Masuno and Rhino Umaga.[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 4: Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri vs [/B] [B]Yasunobu Masuno & Rhino Umaga[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawa.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]vs [/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasunobuMasuno.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Great tag match that was the crowd was really into, I had fears of this match being a bit of a throw-away effort between the four competitors, but they really brought their A-Game and with hindsight I regret not having this match headline the show. The match started out as an all out brawl, as the referee was unable to get control, Nakasawa paired of with Rhino Umaga, whilst Horri paired off with his opponent for Wednesday Masuno. After 5 minutes of intense brawling that saw them fight each other up the entrance ramp and back again. They brought it back into the ring where it looked like Nakasawa and Horri were in control, however Rhino Umaga earned the first near-fall after nailing the World Champion with the Rhino Charge, Nakasawa was not worn down enough though and kicked out. But the tables had turned and now Masuno and Umaga were working over the champion, Nakasawa did some great selling to make the beat-down section of the match not drag too much, and after several attempts to make the tag to his partner, he finally got a tag into Kinnojo Horri who cleaned house with a double clothesline on both Masuno and Umaga. Then in the most memorable moment of the match Nakasawa went for a rare high risk moment, when he climbed the top rope and took down Masuno with a flying cross-body, not the most flashiest of aerial manoeuvres but the crowd really popped for Nakasawa pulling off the top rope manoeuvre. After that there was the usual false finishes from both teams, as all of them appeared to hit their finishers at some point, and there was a nicely worked moment in the match, where it looked like Kinnojo Horri looked like he was going to hit a roaring elbow on his own partner but Nakasawa was able to duck and he thankfully connected with Masuno instead. The finish of the match saw Rhino Umaga go for the Rhino Charge on Nakasawa, but the World Champion was able to side-step his charging opponent, who ended up charging into the turnbuckle. Both men then tagged in their partners but it was clear Umaga was worse for wear. Nakasawa and Horri then double teamed Masuno with a two man flapjack and then Horri finished off Masuno with a devastating Burning Lariat, as Nakasawa stood guard to make sure that Rhino Umaga could not make the save. [B]Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa and Kinnojo Horri defeated Yasunobu Masuno and Rhino Umaga in 14:46 when Kinnojo Horri defeated Yasunobu Masuno by pinfall with a Burning Lariat. [/B] [B]Rating: A[/B] ________________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match # 5: Nisso Yuasha vs Everest[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_NisshoYuasa.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Everest.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] Back in the days of the old BWF in Britain back in the 70’s and 80’s, there would be contests between two giant rotund wrestlers Mr Daddy and Giant Cornflakes , that were basically the two of them just bumping into each other, seeing who would topple first. This match between the two super heavyweights of Burning Hammer, followed pretty much the same formula and in the end it was former Openweight Champion Nisso Yuasha who earned a big victory, as he knocked down Everest after several shoulder barges, after that Everest was unable to move his overweight body mass off the canvas to beat the ten count. [B]Result: Nissho Yuasa defeated Everest in 6:26 when Everest was knocked out. [/B] [B]Rating: C-[/B] _________________________________________________________________ [I]A hype video plays for the Super Junior match between Sensational Dragon and Optimus. It hypes the match as the future (Dragon) vs The icon (Optimus)[/I] [CENTER][B]Match # 6: Sensational Dragon vs Optimus[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon.jpg[/IMG][B] vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Optimus.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Optimus’s stamina levels aren’t what they used to be, so he can’t pull out the 20 minute plus classics he put on back in his hey day. But give him 10-15 minutes with a capable opponent and he can still be part of an exciting match up. And this match with Sensational Dragon packed in plenty of non stop action into it’s 12 minute running time. If anything in the early portion of the match Optimus put on a technical master-class grounding his more agile opponent, and forcing Dragon into making mistakes. He twice had the Optimizer locked in but both times Sensational Dragon dug down deep to make it to the ropes. Eventually Dragon got a break when he connected with a head-scissors and then in one flowing movement managed to turn that into an arm-bar on Optimus, this time Optimus had to dig downand instead of getting to the ropes, he managed to turn the submission move over and almost pinned down Sensational Dragon for three. As the action went back and forth between the two Sensational Dragon then saw a near-fall after he pulled off the Sensation Shock (Dragon-rana) , whilst Optimus earned a very close near-fall after a running power-bomb that sent Sensational Dragon back-first into the turnbuckle. As the match built towards it’s conclusion, Optimus was setting up Dragon for another Power-Bomb, but Dragon managed to counter by pushing Optimus into the turnbuckle and he was able to pull off the Dragon Slice (Shiranui) which was enough to finally finish off the Super Junior pioneer and continue Sensational Dragon’s recent run of form. [B]Result: Sensational Dragon defeated Optimus in 12:04 by pinfall with a Dragon Slice. [/B] [B]Rating: A[/B] [I]After the match Optimus goes to shake Sensational Dragon's hand, but the ****y youngster refuses the handshake [/I] [I]Sensational Dragon then grabs a mic and says he will become the new Junior champion To-Mor-row Night ![/I] [B]Ratings: C- for refused handshake, C for Dragon bigging himself up[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 7: Tag Titles No.1 Contenders Match: [/B] [B]Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda) vs [/B] [B]The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho.jpg[/IMG] & [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs [/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Shimedzu.jpg[/IMG] [B]& [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Miyamae.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] This tag match wasn’t bad, but it was a bit of a let-down after the excellent tag match earlier involving World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa and the great match between Optimus and Sensational Dragon that preceeded this. The match was a little slow to get going as the Raging Bulls used their superior power and strength to dominate the early going , isolating Miyamae. After Miyamae got in the tag the match did start to pick up and the Rebellion showed off their almost telepathic double team repertoire. This included a Slingshot Catapult/Missile drop-kick combo on Chuichi Sanda and an STO/Russian Legsweep on Eiji Hamacho, those were amongst several double team manoeuvres that earned the Rebellion very close two counts. But the Raging Bulls kept kicking out and though their team work is less fluid, they do still have a great understanding as a team, one sequence saw Chuichi Sanda hit a series of German suplexes on Miyamae and then Eiji Hamacho almost took the head off a worn down Miyamae with a vicious Lariat, somehow Miyamae kicked out of that, but that was actually the beginning of the end for The Rebellion, as Miyamae had very little left. Hamacho finished off Miyamae with the Hamacho Sledge 2K , earning the Raging Bulls the title shot at Fire Dream of the Immortals. [B]Result: Raging Bulls defeated The Rebellion in 14:32 when Eiji Hamacho defeated Miyamae by pinfall with a Hamacho Sledge 2K. [/B] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [I]The Raging Bulls then celebrate earning their tag team title shot, they then get on the microphones and call out the tag champs Koshiro Ino and Tadukani Tosushai, by generally goading the champions and calling them unworthy of carrying the belts, as the tag champions come rushing out, they are attacked from behind by The Rebellion, and both of the tag champions nearest challengers set upon them with a beat-down. [/I] [I]However Hooded Kudo and Kinnojo Horri come out to make the save and the show ends with a chaotic four on four melee, as security try to keep them apart.[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] _____________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna]Overall: B- :[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [/CENTER] Hmm overall this was obviously a better show than any of the previous ones, yet according to it’s calculations it’s only worthy of a B- overall. How did this card not even grant an overall rating of B ?! Two A matches, yet only a B-, the card was at-least worthy of a B in my opinion. Admittedly I chose the wrong match to main event the show, but still it had two A matches, three matches were B-, one was C+ and the worst match was a C-. How is that not even worthy of at least a B rating overall ?

[quote="Tigerkinney"]How did this card not even grant an overall rating of B ?! Two A matches, yet only a B-, the card was at-least worthy of a B in my opinion. Admittedly I chose the wrong match to main event the show, but still it had two A matches, three matches were B-, one was C+ and the worst match was a C-. How is that not even worthy of at least a B rating overall ?[/quote] I often find in my games that even an awesome show with a couple A-rated matches will be dragged down in the grade department if the main event is below average - I think the whole "perfect show theory" thread relates to this, and I do tend to find my show quality is improved when I have the match prior to the main event be 'working the crowd'. This is an excellent diary though, and definitely my favorite on these boards so far. Seeing Burning Hammer in this light is great, as I'm used to competing with them with GCG or PGHW. Keep up the great work, really looking forward to the first pay-per-view!

[B][U]From Purogods.com[/U][/B] After the events of Mondays show in Chugu, the card has been confirmed for Wednesdays show in Kyushu. After the chaos at the end of Mondays show, the Tag Team Champions Koshiro Ino and Tadukani Tosushai will team with Hooded Kudo and Optimus, to take on The Rebellion and The Raging Bulls. Mokuami Maita has been confirmed as the next challenger for the Openweight title, can he bring back the title to the Burning Hammer locker-room or will the invader from GCG Rhino Umaga run over yet another challenger. The show will be headlined by the Junior Title match between Sensational Dragon and Marahito Masuko. Whoever walks out of Wednesday's match as the champion a re-match for the two has been confirmed for Fire Dream of the Immortals. Also on the show will be the World Title No.1 contenders match between Kinnojo Horri and Yasunobu Masuno. Horri pinned Masuno in the tag team action on Monday, can Horri go for 2 for 2, or will Masuno step up when it really matters ? [CENTER][B]Night Six (Kumamato Sports Field , Kyushu) [/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][I]Monday 19th March 2007[/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Junior Title Match : [/B] Marahito Masuko vs Sensational Dragon[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]World Title Contenders Match:[/B] Kinnojo Horri vs Yasubo Masuno [/CENTER] [CENTER][B]8 Man War:[/B] Hooded Kudo, Optimus, Koshiro Ino & Tadukani Tosushai vs Eiji Hamacho, Chuichi Sanda, Shimedzu & Miyamae[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Openweight Title:[/B] Rhino Umaga vs Mokuami Maita[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Elemental II[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]vs[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Kenko Takemitsu[/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Kansuke Konda[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]vs[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]The Awesome Kiyaru [/SIZE] [SIZE=1]___________________________________________________________________________________[/SIZE][/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U][COLOR=sienna]Prediction Short Form:[/COLOR][/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=sienna][U]Wednesday (Kyushu) [/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=sienna]Junior Title: Marahito Masuko vs Sensational Dragon [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]World Title Contenders: Kinnojo Horri vs Yasubo Masuno[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]8 Man War: Kudo, Optimus, Ino & Tosushai vs Hamacho, Sanda, Shimedzu & Miyamae[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Openweight Title: Rhino Umaga vs Mokuami Maita[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Elemental II vs Kenko Takemitsu[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Kansuke Konda vs The Awesome Kiyaru [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT]

Junior Title: [B]Marahito Masuko[/B] vs Sensational Dragon World Title Contenders: [B]Kinnojo Horri [/B]vs Yasubo Masuno 8 Man War: [B]Kudo, Optimus, Ino & Tosushai[/B] vs Hamacho, Sanda, Shimedzu & Miyamae Openweight Title: [B]Rhino Umaga[/B] vs Mokuami Maita [B]Elemental II[/B] vs Kenko Takemitsu Kansuke Konda vs [B]The Awesome Kiyaru[/B]

[B][U]From Purogods.com[/U][/B] Reports coming from Burning Hammer, is that the company has signed ex American College Football star 'Bulldozer' Brandon Smith. Smith was a stand-out at Linebacker for the Michigan Wolverines and looked set to go onto a professional career, but those plans were cut short when he suffered a knee injury. Smith has very little experience as a professional wrestler, but yet it appears he will by-pass Burning Hammer's developmental territory Hinote Dojo and many see this as a massive gamble for Burning Hammer that could back-fire. But reports from his training at the Piledriver Wrestling School, is that he is a very quick learner and he could well have that X-Factor to be a major player in the Wrestling industry, despite coming into it, reasonably late as a 24 year old ex football player.

[CENTER][B][U][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna]Burning Hammer- Reborn Tour (Night 6)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Wednesday 21st March 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER]Kumamato Sports Field, Kyushu (Attendance: 3'272) [/CENTER] [U][B]Dark Matches[/B][/U] [B]Dark Match # 1: Yoshii Shiomi vs Venom[/B] [B][COLOR=navy]Result: Yoshii Shiomi defeated VENOM in 4:26 by pinfall with a Jewel Breaker. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=navy]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=black]________________________________________________________[/COLOR][/B] [B]Dark Match # 2: Champagne Lover vs Sanetomo Shiraishi[/B] [B][COLOR=navy]Result: Champagne Lover defeated Sanetomo Shiraishi in 4:49 by submission with a Champagne Breakfast. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=navy]Rating: C-[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=black]_________________________________________________[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][B][U]Main Show (Filmed for TV)[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]A video is shown, re-capping the events at the end of the previous show, the 8 Man brawl that broke out after the Rebellion vs Raging Bulls tag team contenders match.[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 1: Kansuke Konda vs The Awesome Kiyaru[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] Sometimes the Super Juniors can just go out there and produce good matches. No belt on the line, not really any major issues between the two competitors,just two wrestlers going out there to see who is the best on that night and that's exactly what Konda and Kiyaru did here. Konda is not particularly flashy, but his driven no nonsense style connects with the fans, Kiyaru on the other hand is like watching poetry being written in the form of wrestling moves. At one point during the match Kiyaru pulled off a Corkscrew Moonsault that was so graceful it made the entire audiences jaw's drop. As for the match itself it was very evenly matched the whole way through, with the fiery Konda trying his best to keep the graceful Kiyaru grounded and use his power advantage, but it was Kiyaru who would win through after nailing Konda with the Kiyaru Effect. [B]Result: The Awesome Kiyaru defeated Kansuke Konda in 12:10 [/B] [B]by pinfall [/B] [B]Rating: B[/B] [B]____________________________________________________[/B] [I]The camera's go back stage where Hooded Kudo, Optimus, Koshiro Ino and Tadukani Tosushai have some words for their opponents tonight- the combined forces of tag teams the Rebellion and The Raging Bulls. [/I] [I]Hooded Kudo as expected did most of the speaking, he admitted that Silver Dragon Feet have had their problems of late, but he said those[/I] [I]problems have been dealt with and that they come into this match as a United front...Koshiro Ino added that The Rebellion and Raging Bulls alliance is weak and is only formed out of pure jealousy, simply because both teams can't stand seeing him and Tosushai hold the tag belts.[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] [B]_____________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 2: Openweight Title: Rhino Umaga vs Mokuami Maita[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningOpenweight.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MokuamiMaita.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] I was hoping that after basically facing a couple of lead-footed heavyweights...Rhino Umaga would be able to start putting on some better quality match-up's for the Openweight Title, with the smaller technically minded Mokuami Maita providing a completely new challenge. But Umaga's heavy hitting style failed to gel with Mokuami Maita's measured scientific brand of wrestling . If anything Maita just simply could not get into the match-up at all, as he was just completely over-matched by the brute-force of the Openweight Champion and it came as no suprise when a difficult night for the little technician was finally ended with a Rhino Charge. [B]Result: Rhino Umaga defeated Mokuami Maita in 10:48 by pinfall.[/B] [B][COLOR=darkred]Rhino Umaga retains the Burning Openweight Championship title.[/COLOR] [/B] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [I]After the match Rhino Umaga poses with the belt[/I] [I]_____________________________________________________________[/I] [CENTER][B]Match # 3: Hooded Kudo, Optimus, Koshiro Ino & Tadukani Toshusai vs Eiji Hamacho, Chuichi Sanda, Shimedzu & Miyamae[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HoodedKudo.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Optimus.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KoshiroIno.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs [/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Shimedzu.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Miyamae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] With so much talent in the ring I was of course hoping for better, but it seemed like they pretty much all had an eye on Saturday Night's PPV, so what ensued was a solid professional performance, though not the great match it could have been. The match suffered for having two stretches where either team was considerably more dominant over the other. The Hooded Kudo led 'Silver Dragon Feet' team dominated the early going, with Miyamae taking much of the punishment, whilst the middle stretch saw Toshushai suffer much the same treatment at the hands of the Rebellion/Raging Bulls alliance. It did pick immediately pick up once Tosushai got the hot tag in to his partner Koshiro Ino, but even after that the match did seem a little too routine. The finish saw The Rebellion perform a pair of suicide dives to take out Hooded Kudo and Optimus on the outside respectively, that left Eiji Hamacho in the middle of the ring with Tadukani Tosushai, where he drove Toshushai down to the mat with the Hamacho Sledge 2K, Koshiro Ino managed to fight off Chuichi Sanda to get into the ring, but it was too late and he was unable to break up the pin. [B]Result: The Rebellion and Raging Bulls defeated Koshiro Ino, Optimus, Tadakuni Toshusai and Hooded Kudo in 19:34 when Eiji Hamacho defeated Tadakuni Toshusai by pinfall [/B] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [I]All is not well with Hooded Kudo's group, as once again they are seen argueing with each other. Kudo does not look at all pleased at his team once again coming off on the losing end of a multi man tag match to The Rebellion. You can see Kudo say to Koshiro Ino and Tosushai, that he does not trust them to get the job done anymore. [/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [B]________________________________________________________[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 4: Elemental II vs Kenko Takemitsu[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalII.jpg[/IMG][B] vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KenkoTakemitsu.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] This match was pretty much just a glorified squash, with Takemitsu getting in little bits of token offence, but nothing to considerably put the Junior Division legend on the back foot. Elemental II as ever looked really good out there and though he's getting up there in years he can still go with the best of them. The match could have been over a lot earlier, but Elemental II finally put Takemitsu away, when he went up top, and was on target with the Inferno Splash (Corkscrew 450 Splash) [B]Result: Elemental II defeated Kenko Takemitsu in 8:38 by pinfall.[/B] [B]Rating: C[/B] [B]_______________________________________________________[/B] [I]A hype video plays for the Kinnojo Horri vs Yasunobu Masuno- World Title No.1 Contenders Match[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 5: World Title Contenders Match: [/B] [B]Kinnojo Horri vs Yasunobu Masuno[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasunobuMasuno.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] This was a match of three parts. The early portion of the match was pretty much just an all out brawl, with neither man backing down and the fight often spilling to the outside of the ring, after a Power-Bomb that sent Kinnojo Horri crashing back first into the apron, Masuno had managed to take control of the match. The middle portion of the match saw Masuno work over Horri's back with several strikes, whilst also several times trying to lock on the Masuno Deep Sleeper. It was this slow paced portion of the match, that probably brought the overall rating of the match down, but this 'rest hold' period was needed to keep Masuno fresh for the later portion. Masuno kept trying to get the Deep Sleeper locked in, but Horri kept fighting him off, and eventually Horri was able to fire-back and once Horri had got his second wind the match definately picked up. The final portion of the match saw Masuno trying to fend off the onslaught from Horri, he manged to survive a series of German suplexes, and he then kicked out of the Burning Lariat, but each time he was using up more and more energy just to try and survive in the match, and when Horri was able to get him in position for the Destiny Bomb, he managed to struggle free once, but after a few clubbing blows to the back Horri got him in position again and was able to drive Masuno down to the canvas and earn the title shot. [B]Result: Kinnojo Horri defeated Yasunobu Masuno in 17:55 by pinfall with a Destiny Bomb. [/B] [B]Rating: B [/B] _____________________________________________________________ [I]A hype video plays for the Junior Title match between Marahito Masuko and Sensational Dragon. The video goes over their rivalry that has been building up over the past few years.[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 6: Junior Title: Marahito Masuko vs Sensational Dragon[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningJunior.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] These two usually put on a solid effort against one another, but their rivalry is not the second coming of Optimus and Elemental, and there is a feeling that there rivalry may be a little played out already, that's not to say that this wasn't a decent match. There was plenty of fast paced high flying action, but sometimes the problem some people have with Masuko-Dragon matches is that they provide plenty of action and some jaw dropping high-spots, but sometimes they lack the cohesive story telling of some of the classic match-ups of years past. One great spot saw Sensational Dragon have Masuko hung up in the ropes on the opposite side of the ring, and then hit a spring-board drop kick from the opposite side of the ring. As expected there was plenty of false finishes, though most were coming the way of Sensational Dragon and though many felt a title change was not the hands at the start of the match, the more it progressed the more the crowd were starting to feel that the title could well change hands. The finish saw Marahito Masuko plant Sensational Dragon with the Masuko Cradle-Shock but that was only enough for a 2 count, and he went up top...that decision proved to be a mistake, because as he flew off the top rope, Dragon was able to counter with the Sensation Shock (Dragonrana) and was able to keep Masuko's shoulders pinned down for three, and with that Sensational Dragon had won the Junior Title, to the sheer surprise of much of the crowd in attendance. [B]Result: Sensational Dragon defeated Marihito Masuko in 18:53 [/B] [B]by pinfall [/B] [B][COLOR=darkred]Sensational Dragon wins the Burning Junior Championship title.[/COLOR] [/B] [B]Rating: B[/B] [I]The show closes with Sensational Dragon proudly holding his Burning Junior Title aloft.[/I] ______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna]Overall: B-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [/CENTER] Another solid show, but it felt a little routine despite the title change at the end of the show. This roster can regularly produce matches in the B range, now I need to see them step it up to that next level, some of them showed they could do that on Monday's show, it's now time to see that level of performance on a regular basis. It's not that the any of the shows have been bad, but we are not going to beat out PGHW if we keep putting on quite good but far from outstanding shows on a regular basis. _______________________________________________________________ [B]T. V News[/B] Lords of the Ring (Nippon TV): 15.59 (Down 0.06) Ironclad (TV5Monde): 14.53 (Down 0.26) [I]Both T.V show ratings went down this week, but not down enough significantly to be getting too worried about them. As long as they stay around the 15 mark the T.V company's probably should be quite satisfied with the performance.[/I]

[B][U]From Purogods.com[/U][/B] Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods put on their first Mega Event of the year Fire Dream of The Immortals on Saturday March 24th , taking place at the Iwakuni Stadium in Chugoku. The event will also be available to view on PPV across Japan on Emperor Choice. After defeating Yasunobu Masuno, in the a No.1 contenders match on Wednesday's show of The Reborn Tour, Kinnojo Horri will challenge Hiroaki Nakasawa for the World Title. The Junior Title Match, will see a re-match from Wednesday's show as the newly crowned Champion Sensational Dragon defends against Marahito Masuko. Can Masuko win his title back immediately or will Dragon go 2-0 on Masuko within the past week and make a succesful title defence. The Raging Bulls earnt a shot at the tag titles on Monday, beating the Rebellion and will challenge the champions Koshiro Ino and Tadukani Tosushai for the belts. Meanwhile The Rebellion will face Hooded Kudo and Optimus, the Rebellion have been in a major thorn in the side of Kudo's Silver Dragon Feet stable and Kudo will be dead set on revenge. The Junior Tag Titles will also be on the line as Size of the Fight, face the challenge of The Awesome Kiyaru and Golden Scorpion. Kiyaru and Scorpion have momentum coming into this match after defeating the tag champs in consecutive singles matches on recent shows of the Reborn Tour. In other matches NOTBPW's Johnny Bloodstone will face Yasunobu Masuno in an International Challenge match, Openweight Champion Rhino Umaga takes on the mountain man Everest, in a non title contest and recent signing Bulldozer Brandon Smith will make his debut, as he takes on Yasuhiko Taira in singles competion. [CENTER][B]Fire Dream of the Immortals (Iwakuni Stadium , Chugoku) [/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][I]Saturday 24th March 2007[/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]World Title: [/B] Hirokai Nakasawa vs Kinnoji Horri [/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Junior Title:[/B] Sensational Dragon vs Marahito Masuko [/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Grudge Tag:[/B] Hooded Kudo & Optimus vs The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Tag Titles:[/B] Koshiro Ino & Tadukuni Tosushai vs Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda)[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Junior Tag Titles:[/B] Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) vs The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]International Challenge:[/B] [I]NOTBPW's [/I]Johnny Bloodstone vs Yasunobu Masuno [/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Debut Match:[/B] 'Bulldozer' Brandon Smith vs Yasuhiko Taira[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Non Title:[/B] [I]Openweight Champion[/I] Rhino Umaga vs Everest ______________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U][COLOR=sienna]Prediction Short Form:[/COLOR][/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=sienna][U]Fire Dream of the Immortals (Chugoku) [/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]World Title Nakasawa vs Horri[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Junior Title: Sensational Dragon vs Masuko[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Grudge Tag: Hooded Kudo & Optimus vs The Rebellion[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Tag Titles: Ino & Tosushai vs The Raging Bulls[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Junior Tag Titles: Size of the Fight vs Kiyaru & Scorpion[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]International Challenge: Bloodstone vs Masuno[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs Yasuhiko Taira[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]Rhino Umaga vs Everest. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT]

Fire Dream of the Immortals (Chugoku) World Title [B]Nakasawa[/B] vs Horri Junior Title: Sensational Dragon vs [B]Masuko[/B] Grudge Tag: [B]Hooded Kudo & Optimus[/B] vs The Rebellion Tag Titles: [B]Ino & Tosushai[/B] vs The Raging Bulls Junior Tag Titles: [B]Size of the Fight[/B] vs Kiyaru & Scorpion International Challenge: [B]Bloodstone[/B] vs Masuno Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs [B]Yasuhiko Taira[/B] [B]Rhino Umaga[/B] vs Everest.

World Title: [B]Nakasawa[/B] vs Horri - just can't see Nakasawa losing just yet Junior Title: [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs Masuko - he's never gonna lose on his first defence Grudge Tag: [B]Hooded Kudo & Optimus[/B] vs The Rebellion - this combined with the tag title result will finally split the Silver Dragon Feet Tag Titles: Ino & Tosushai vs [B]The Raging Bulls[/B] - gotta be one title change! Junior Tag Titles: [B]Size of the Fight [/B]vs Kiyaru & Scorpion - the team beats the two more talented individuals International Challenge:[B] Bloodstone[/B] vs Masuno - close one - could go either way [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]vs Yasuhiko Taira - BBS is just too strong [B]Rhino Umaga [/B]vs Everest. - errrrr tricky one this!

Fire Dream of the Immortals (Chugoku) World Title [B]Nakasawa[/B] vs Horri Junior Title: [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs Masuko Grudge Tag: Hooded Kudo & Optimus vs [B]The Rebellion[/B] Tag Titles: [B]Ino & Tosushai[/B] vs The Raging Bulls Junior Tag Titles: [B]Size of the Fight[/B] vs Kiyaru & Scorpion International Challenge: Bloodstone vs [B]Masuno[/B] Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs [B]Yasuhiko Taira[/B] [B]Rhino Umaga[/B] vs Everest. <- Don't put this match at the top of the card!

Fire Dream of the Immortals (Chugoku) World Title [B]Nakasawa[/B] vs Horri Junior Title: [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs Masuko Grudge Tag: Hooded Kudo & Optimus vs [B]The Rebellion[/B] Tag Titles: Ino & Tosushai vs [B]The Raging Bulls[/B] Junior Tag Titles: [B]Size of the Fight[/B] vs Kiyaru & Scorpion International Challenge: Bloodstone vs [B]Masuno[/B] Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs [B]Yasuhiko Taira[/B] Rhino Umaga vs [B]Everest[/B].

[b][u]Fire Dream of the Immortals (Chugoku)[/u][/b] World Title: [b]Nakasawa[/b] vs Horri Junior Title: [b]Sensational Dragon[/b] vs Masuko Grudge Tag: Hooded Kudo & Optimus vs [b]The Rebellion[/b] Tag Titles: [b]Ino & Tosushai[/b] vs The Raging Bulls Junior Tag Titles: Size of the Fight vs [b]Kiyaru & Scorpion[/b] International Challenge: Bloodstone vs [b]Masuno[/b] Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs [b]Yasuhiko Taira[/b] [b]Rhino Umaga[/b] vs Everest.

[CENTER][U][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Fire Dream of the Immortals[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/U][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Saturday 24th March 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER]Iwakuni Stadium, Chugoku (Attendance: 8'000) [/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Buy-Rate: 1.57[/B][/CENTER] [B][U]Pre-Show Matches[/U][/B] [B]Pre-Show Match # 1: Mokuami Maita vs Kenko Takemitsu[/B] [B][COLOR=navy]Result: Mokuami Maita defeated Kenko Takemitsu in 6:56 by pinfall with an Assassination Attempt [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=navy]Rating: B[/COLOR] [/B] [FONT=Courier New][B]Notes:[/B] Turns out that Maita and Takemitsu have great chemistry, putting on a nice little technical match, shame this was one of the Pre-Show Matches, with a rating that good.[/FONT] ________________________________________________________________ [B]Pre-Show Match # 2: Champagne Lover vs Toshiki Shibanumo[/B] [B][COLOR=navy]Result: Toshiki Shibanumo defeated Champagne Lover in 6:06 by pinfall with a Hammerplex. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=navy]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] [FONT=Courier New][B]Notes:[/B] Another decent match on the pre-show as Lover as has pretty good chemistry with the veteran Shibanumo[/FONT] [FONT=Courier New]_______________________________________________________________________[/FONT] [CENTER][B][U]Main Show (PPV)[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]A video plays hyping the World Title match between Hiroaki Nakasawa and Kinnojo Horri[/I] [B]Rating: B[/B] The camera’s show World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa backstage, where he has a microphone stuck in front of his face. He says a few words regarding his World Title match with Kinnojo Horri, it’s all rather predictable stuff what he says, he says he respects Horri, but that he has beaten Horri before and that he will beat him again, but it’s said with enough conviction for the crowd to really buy into what Nakasawa is saying. [B]Rating: B[/B] [B]_______________________________________________________________[/B] [I]A hype video plays for the Junior Tag Title match between Size of the Fight and the tandem of The Awesome Kiyaru and Golden Scorpion.[/I] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 1: Junior Tag Titles: [/B] [B]Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) vs [/B] [B]The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningJuniorTag.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningJuniorTag.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan.jpg[/IMG] [B]& [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru.jpg[/IMG][B] &[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This was a fine opening match, that was a fast paced action packed 12 minutes. Both teams went all out, with neither team really gaining a sustainable advantage. The match wasn’t that high on producing a gripping story that slowly built towards a dramatic climax, but it did provide plenty of excitement that got the crowd fired up for the rest of the show. The most memorable sequence of the match saw Golden Scorpion hit his Golden Shot (Springboard Leg drop) on Kansuke Konda, only for Hyosuke Kokan to bring him down with a DDT and then lock in the Electric-Shocker Clutch, but the submission hold was broken up by a Shooting Star Press from Kiyaru. The finish came when Hyosuke Kokan hit a Tornado DDT on The Awesome Kiyaru that took him out of the equation, Kansuke Konda then managed to gain the advantage against Golden Scorpion and was able to drive Scorpion to the canvas with the Konda Driver (Fisherman Driver) and that was enough for the referee to count to three. [B]Result: Size of the Fight defeated Kiyaru & Scorpion in 12:15 when Kansuke Konda defeated Golden Scorpion by pinfall.[/B] [B][COLOR=darkred]Size of the Fight retain the Burning Junior Tag Team titles.[/COLOR] [/B] [B]Rating: B[/B] [I]Size of the Fight celebrate their successful defence of the Junior Tag Titles[/I] [I]______________________________________________________________[/I] [CENTER][B]Match # 2: Non (Openweight)Title : Rhino Umaga vs Everest[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Everest.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] First of the reason this match is non-title, is that the Openweight Title is only eligible for workers Under 30 years of age, basically the title is a stepping stone title for the younger members of the roster. As Everest is way past 30 he’s not eligible to challenge for the title. This match was billed as one of the unstoppable force (Rhino Umaga) vs Immovable Object (sort of match-ups). Everest used his size advantage to throw Umaga around the ring, but the Openweight Champipn is made of tough stuff and managed to withstand anything the man mountain threw at him, Everest was punched out at around the 4 minute mark, and after two consecutive Rhino Charges, the big man toppled over and Rhino Umaga, made he could not get up by getting the pinfall victory. [B]Result: Rhino Umaga defeated Everest in 4:43 by pinfall.[/B] [B]Rating: C[/B] [FONT=Courier New][B]Notes: [/B]About the best I will get from that match, basically just another job for Tree Trunk Limbs- Everest to put one of the rising talents in the promotion over, before his contract runs out.[/FONT] ________________________________________________________________ [I]A Hype video plays for the International challenge match between Yasunobu Masuno and Johnny Bloodstone[/I] [B]Rating: D-[/B] [FONT=Courier New][B]Notes:[/B] I guess Bloodstone is not a big enough name in Japan yet for the crowd to get that excited about the match.[/FONT] [CENTER][B]Match # 3: International Challenge: [/B] [B]Yasubo Masuno vs Johnny Bloodstone [SIZE=1](NOTBPW)[/SIZE] [/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasunobuMasuno.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_JohnnyBloodstone.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] This match was a real clash of styles, between the powerful brawling of Masuno and the calculated scientific approach of Johnny Bloodstone. The crowd were not that into Bloodstone at the start of the match , but he managed to win the crowd over with his impressive arsenal of suplexes and submission holds. To be honest much of the crowd were a little taken a-back at just how much of a problem the Canadian import was causing the former World Tag Team champion. Several times Bloodstone was able to lock on Bloodstone Mutilation, only for Masuno to use his strength and long reach from his 6ft 6 frame to find his way out of the submission hold. In the end Masuno’s power advantage would prove decisive as he was able to eventually get Bloodstone into position for The Avalanche Bomb (Sitout Power Bomb) and when he nailed Bloodstone with it, that was enough to keep the troublesome import down for good. [B]Result: Yasunobu Masuno defeated Johnny Bloodstone in 13:23 by pinfall [/B] [B]Rating: C+[/B] _______________________________________________________________ [I]A video plays hyping the Junior Title match between Sensational Dragon and Marahito Masuko.[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 4: Junior Title: [/B] [B]Sensational Dragon vs Marahito Masuko[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningJunior.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon.jpg[/IMG][B] vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Let it be said that Sensational Dragon vs Marahito Masuko, is not the second coming of the rivalries Optimus has had with both incarnations of Elemental. Both the current champion Sensational Dragon and the former champion Marahito Masuko, are fine young talents with a bright future ahead of them, but I get the feeling that they’ve been pushed too hard, too fast, especially in the case of Masuko, and this rivalry already feels played out before I even took over the book, so really this match was to end it once and for all, at-least for now. As for the match itself, it had some great spots such as Sensational Dragon hit taking down Masuko with a Head-scissors, go for the pin, only for Masuko to counter with a sunset flip and then hit a drop-kick when he back somersaulted out of a counter pin from Sensational Dragon, whilst Sensational Dragon hit a beautiful looking Corkscrew Moonsault onto Masuko to the outside. But despite the nice spots the match just seemed to lack that flow and gripping story of a great rivalry, as both can fall into the trap of not convincingly selling their opponents offence. The finish came when Marahito Masuko tried to bring Sensational Dragon in off the top rope with a suplex, but the champion was able to block Masuko off, and counter with a Dragon Slice from the top turnbuckle. That turned out to be the decisive move of the match as Sensational Dragon was able to see off his long time rival in the re-match, and go 2-0 over Masuko in the past 4 days. [B]Result: Sensational Dragon defeated Marahito Masuko in 17:06 by pinfall. [/B] [B][COLOR=darkred]Sensational Dragon retains the Burning Junior Championship title.[/COLOR] [/B] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [I]After the match Sensational Dragon celebrates retaining the Junior Title[/I] ________________________________________________________________ The camera’s go backstage where the Raging Bulls cut a really dull promo about their tag team title match with Koshiro Ino and Tadukani Toshushai. Basically they just say that the champions time with the tag straps are up, and that they will be winning the belts tonight [B]Rating: D-[/B] [I]A hype vid plays for the Tag Title match between Ino & Toshusai and the Raging Bulls[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 5: World Tag Titles: [/B] [B]Koshiro & Tadukani Toshusai vs[/B] [B]The Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda)[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningWorldTag.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningWorldTag.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KoshiroIno.jpg[/IMG][B] &[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho.jpg[/IMG][B] &[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This match was pretty much formula tag team stuff, between two teams with a similar power and brawling style, though the Raging Bulls are probably a bit more refined technically. But the match did have a bit of an edge to it, as the crowd could sense a title change in the air. The champions came out hot, but the Raging Bulls soon managed to isolate Tosushai and worked over what many people see as the weak link of the tag team champions. Toshusai was able to get the hot-tag into Koshiro Ino, but despite some powerful offence from the Power and Paint wrestler, the Raging Bulls managed to once more re-group, and it was the challengers who managed to keep their composure in the decisive moments. Chuichi Sanda almost took Koshiro Ino’s head off with an Explosion kick. A dazed Ino managed to make the tag to his partner, but Toshushai was taken out by a high-low (Lariat/Leg sweep) attack from the Raging Bulls and with Ino still too dazed to be a factor, Hamacho finished off Toshusai with the Hamacho Sledge 2K (Samoan Driver) to win the tag titles. [B]Result: Raging Bulls defeated Ino & Toshusai in 12:31 when Eiji Hamacho defeated Tadakuni Toshusai by pinfall. [/B] [B][COLOR=darkred]Raging Bulls win the Burning World Tag Team titles ![/COLOR][/B] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [I]The Raging Bulls celebrate winning the Burning World Tag Team titles, holding them proudly aloft.[/I] ______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match # 6: Junior 4 Corner Survival: [/B] [B]Silver Shark vs Super Joshuya vs Venom vs Yoshii Shiomi[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SilverShark.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YoshiiShiomi.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] For an unadvertised filler on the card, this was a pretty decent showcase for the Junior Division, it was announced by Toru Minamoto, during the match that the winner would earn a shot at Sensational Dragons Burning Junior Title. After almost 9 action packed minutes, the finish came when VENOM spiked Yoshii Shiomi on his head with the Lethal Dosage. Silver Shark then came in and took down Venom with a Side Russian Leg-Sweep, then was able to lock on the Jaws of Life, however Super Joshuya hit an elbow drop of the top rope to break up the Submission and then he nailed Silver Shark with the J-Drop (Pumphandle Drop) [B]Result: Super Joshuya defeated Silver Shark, VENOM and Yoshii Shiomi in 8:59 when Super Joshuya defeated Silver Shark by pinfall. [/B] [B]Rating: B-[/B] __________________________________________________________________ [I]A video plays hyping the Kudo & Optimus vs The Rebellion grudge tag match[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 7:Grudge Match[/B] [B]'The Silver Dragon Feet Icons' Hooded Kudo & Optimus vs [/B] [B]The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HoodedKudo.jpg[/IMG][B] &[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Optimus.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]vs[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Shimedzu.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Miyamae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This turned out to be a very good tag team contest, which lived up to the Expectations I had for it. The Two Burning Hammer icons came out all fired up, with a point to prove against the well oiled Tag Team of The Rebellion. The first 5 minutes saw The Rebellion in an unusual amount of disarray and Kudo was able to get Miyamae into the Kudo-Lock, however Shimedzu managed to make the save, and after a tag to Optimus for a breather, The Rebellion managed to turn that to their advantage and double teamed the Junior Division legend. Some inventive looking offence from The Rebellion, such as Miyamae holding Optimus across the top rope and Shimedzu bringing his force down across Optimus’ chest with a double stomp, kept the beat-down section from looking too stale, before Optimus was able to get the hot-tag into Hooded Kudo. Kudo cleaned house and Optimus came flying off the top rope to be on target with the Ozone High Flyer but Shimedzu kicked out. After that the match went back and forth with several near-falls for both teams. Hooded Kudo went close with a running power-bomb on Miyamae and a Death Valley Driver on Shimedzu, Optimus got a two count with a Brainbuster on Miyamae. Whilst on the Rebellions side, they went close with a double team effort on Optimus that saw them hit a delayed suplex, drop-kick combo on Optimus, and Shimedzu nailed Hooded Kudo with the Shimedzu Skull Drop. But it was a Kudo Kutter (TKO) on Shimedzu, after Kudo blocked another attempt from Shimedzu for the Skull-Drop that prove decisive and earn the victory for the leaders of Silver Dragon Feet. [B]Result: Hooded Kudo and Optimus defeated The Rebellion in 15:44 when Hooded Kudo defeated Shimedzu by pinfall [/B] [B]Rating: B+[/B] [I]After the match as Kudo and Optimus are celebrating, but in frustration at having lost The Rebellion attack them from behind. Out-come the now former tag champions Koshiro Ino and Tadukani Tosushai to make the save, but as Kudo and Optimus make their escape, The Rebellion manage to fight back against the rescuer’s and in the end the Rebellion beat down the former tag champs with Kendo sticks. [/I] [I]Hooded Kudo and Optimus see that their rescue attempt has gone wrong but just decide to walk into the dressing room, making out that they are completely oblivious to the beat-down in the ring.[/I] [B]Rating: C+ [/B] [B]________________________________________________________[/B] The camera’s go backstage again where Kinnojo Horri, is to be asked for comments about his World Title match with Hiroaki Nakasawa. Horri says that Nakasawa may of beaten him the last time they met for the title, but he said he has learnt from his mistakes and this time will grasp the opportunity and become World Champion. [B]Rating: B[/B] ______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B]Match # 8: [/B][B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs Yasuhiro Taira[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BulldozerBrandonSmith.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasuhikoTaira.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] Bulldozer Brandon Smith’s debut was a solid affair, and the crowd responded to him fairly well, despite having no idea who he was. This was basically just a short but intense brawl and the rookie managed to carry the often unimpressive Taira to a decent match. If this was America, and there wasn’t the ridiculous ideal that all rookies must lose a million times to anyone on the roster, before getting their first win, then the Bulldozer probably would have gone over, as it’s Japan and they would not have brought into Smith winning on his debut, Taira got the win after The Flattener (Running Lariat). To Taira’s credit this time he was not actually dying on his feet by the end of the match. [B]Result: Yasuhiko Taira defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith in 6:20 by pinfall.[/B] [B]Rating: C[/B] [FONT=Courier New][B]O.O.C Note:[/B] Originally I was going to put Bulldozers debut on the next regular show, as I originally only booked 7 matches, however I found that with a 3 hour PPV I did not have enough time filled up, so I booked two extra matches, this one and the Junior 4 way. But what in the hell made me put this on the penultimate match ?! Maybe I was going for that WWE style of PPV booking, by putting on some meaningless filler before the big event.[/FONT] ________________________________________________________________________ [I]A hype vid plays for the World Title match between Nakasawa and Horri[/I] [B]Rating: B[/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 9: World Title: Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Kinnojo Horri[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningWorld.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawa.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] This World Title match started off slow, as both men appeared to be vary wary of one another and did not want to make any major mistakes, but it slowly built in intensity and eventually exploded into action around the 10 minute mark, when the challenger Horri clotheslined the champion Nakasawa out of the ring. The two then brawled intensely on the out-side and Horri then took control after a Piledriver on the entrance ramp- realising he could not win the title by count out he dragged Nakasawa into the ring and went for the pin, but the time dragging the champiopn back into the ring, allowed Nakasawa to recover enough to be able to kick out. However Horri was well in control, and got several near-falls on the champion, suplexing Nakasawa around the ring and wearing the World Champion down with chops and strikes, it ooked like only a matter of time before a new World Champion was to be crowned, but somehow Nakasawa had the will to keep fighting on, and eventually out of sheer frustration of not being able to put Nakasawa away, Horri made a mistake that left him open for the Nakasawa Neckbreaker..... Nakasawa was too worn out from the long stretch of punishment he had taken to make a convincing cover, but it was enough for him to be able to turn the tables in the match. Nakasawa then suprised Horri, by going towards a more calculated technical style, working over Horri's a Neck and locking on a version of the Anaconda Vice submission hold..... This time it was the turn of the challlenger to see how much fight he left in him, to see just how much pain he could withstand, in the quest to become the Burning World Champion, in the end Horri's hunger was enough to find his way to the ropes. As both men got up, they were both literally spent but they exchanged blows and a German Suplex from Kinnojo Horri earned a 2 count, but Nakasawa fired back with one of his own, they continued to go blow for blow, until Horri tried to finish off the champion with the Burning Lariat, but it was blocked by Nakasawa, who managed to transition his defence into the H-Bomb spinning Power-Bomb, and though the move took alot of the champion it took even more out of the challenger and Nakasawa was able to chalk up yet another succesful World Title defence. [B]Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa defeated Kinnojo Horri in 25:45 by pinfall with a H-Bomb. [/B] [B][COLOR=darkred]Hiroaki Nakasawa retains the Burning World Championship title.[/COLOR] [/B] [B]Rating: B+[/B] [I]The show closes with Hirokai Nakasawa proudly celebrating his succesful World Title defence.[/I] _______________________________________________________________ [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna]Overall: B[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] I'm not that unhappy with the PPV, then again I think it could have been better, but right now show's rating at B or B- seem to be what this roster is capable of at the moment, with some tweaking though I'm sure I could at-least squeeze a B+ show from them. Alot of this first month has been about getting the titles onto people I think are more worthy of carrying the title, and when I took over the book only 2 set's of champions the World Champion (Nakasawa) and the Junior Tag Champions (Size of the Fight:Kokan & Konda)) fitted the bill. Now I've achieved that first phase, I feel the promotion is now set up to step it up a level with the next set of shows, leading up to the next PPV in April - Test of Prophecies. I'm pretty sure what I have planned for next months PPV has the potential to be a much better show.

Oh, I think you could totally get up to B+... you just need one more B+ match later in the card, and when you look your first darkmatch or your Match #1 - you aren't that far away. Pick the right storylines and build a little heat and you'll get there. I mean, as a DaVE bookee, I come over here and my mouth starts watering, you've got so much to work with. It ain't quite NOTBPW, maybe, but it's still pretty stacked. And your workers ain't nearly as dopey looking as that crowd. Good show, man. I think you should feel good about it.

I usually finish with a good junoir match from the senoir guys or Sensational Dragon which gets me an A, then a brawl with the guys from The Rebellion, Taira or Hamacho which get a B, then a Main Event with Nakasawa/Kudo/Horri/Ino/Masuno who can get B+/A and that usually is B+ Im yet to get an A card with Burning Hammer because if i have and A match the following match is usually not as well recieved, unlike NOTB who can put on A matches then an A* main event. I think your doing an awesome job anyway, I didn't think the The Raging Bulls would win the tag titles! (I usually job Sanda too some younger guys then send him on his way :p )

Archived