How many segments for your PPV

Hmm, actually you kinda "answered" that one yourself right from the beginning. I usually run very match based products, so for a 3h PPV maybe 7-10 matches. ALSO NOTE: I once run a 3½h PPV and only had 6-7 matches in it and the overall rating dropped HUGELY 'cause of the audience would have liked more matches. God I was pissed off after that :D It would have been my best PPV without the post-lettergrade minus.

All depends on your Product setup. If you have a 70% match ratio then you need 126 minutes of matches. Then look at your requirements for minor, medium, and major match length to create the right number of events. From there you will need 54 minutes of angles (assuming the same 70% ratio) so you need to just divide those up accordingly. I usually try to have a hype angle for all of the matches even if it is short then fill in the spaces with angles for your ongoing storylines and you usually fill up the time quickly.

im normally go with the patern of match angle match angle match etc. so the is always a interview or a challenge or a attack etc to interupt the matches i just dnt like the idea of two matches running straight after each other because i imgine that in real life you need time for the loser to leave the ring and i prefer having the audience look at whats happening than just watchin the loser walk out te arena ready for the next match

With SWF i make sure to have atleast one segment between each PPV match. So i will have an opening match, maybe 1 segment between each match until i reach the second last match. Between that and the mainevent i have 2 to 3 segments and then finally the mainevent. I then usually end the show with a post match celebration or attack.

When I was booking my Legend of the Future tournament in my USPW game (my only 3 hour event that I can remember much about) I ran about 35-40 segments, which included something in the region of 12-14 matches (USPW guys have low stamina) and a lot of hype/set-up angles. Obviously my big matches had some devent length but the default USPW roster was only involved in pretty short matches, usually nothing more than 8 minutes. I know I've run some big shows with SWF but I can't remember much about them not except that I know I often exceed 30 segments. I think I only have 7-9 matches in a typical PPV there but with a lot more storylines going on I have a lot more to deal with, like romances, taunts, celebrations, hype, set ups and whatnot... although to be fair, I use a fair amount of those in USPW too. Derek B

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;208779]For my WWF game, I need about a good, 60-70 minutes. Often times my PPV gets rate dpoorly because I was off by a measly minutes or so, but with the help of the reset button..... it never happened.[/QUOTE] Easier way to do it: Save after you finish your card. Run the Show On the final screen giving you the full rating and notes, if it's crap, click the Windows X to close the program (not the in-games X). Because it didn't go through the auto-save to the next day, when you re-load the game, it will be on the card directly where you left off so you can tweak.

Archived