Who's Christy Hemme's Team?

deimos_masque

Why not Phi Delta Slam? They are a decent tag team who have a good size to them. They really didn't get a chance last time they were in TNA so I'm just hoping they get a chance. Give them a small push and see if its gets you any where if not feel free to cut them. But I would like to see them extreme their gimmicks a little bit, show them partying at Frats and drinking in the back, partying all the time you know?

[QUOTE=Anubis;208961]More recycled WWE trash? Ugh . . . I think it's about time to stop watching TNA.[/QUOTE] I wouldn't call them "WWE Trash". The WWE employee ALOT of people between all their development territoritys and THREE brands, so I don't think its fair to call someone who gets hired after working for WWE trash of theirs. They had alot of potential coming from OVW, and I was a big fan of how they were used there. They were totally misused in WWE. Wasn't they're debut as lackeys of SHANIQUA? Kind of kills ya dead in the water in the first place. If TNA hires them and uses them in a better way, I'm all for it. If not, then they deserve the critisism. Paul Heyman in ECW brought in a TON of ex WWF wrestlers(or "WWF Trash"), but the thing was that he always used them so much better and got everything he could out of them, TNA doesn't do that so much.

Oh, it's not that everyone from WWE is trash, just that these two are trash from WWE. I think the Bashams are bland and boring and generally lacking in the talent department. TNA is employing everyone that gets fired from WWE, whether they are good workers or not. Team 3-D, good choice. Tomko, terrible choice. Kurt Angle, good choice. Bashams, bad choice. TNA should be focusing on good workers more than anything. Bringing in guys like Christian and Tomko only dillute the roster, and they have way too many people to fit into an hour show. They should be building around guys like Samoa Joe and Sting and AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels instead of WWE midcarders.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;208953]Sad thing is, TNA had the talent for the tag division and it was looking good. Next thing you know half of the teams break up for no reason or they have them doing something completely out of the tag team scene.[/QUOTE] yeah I was surprised at the AMW break up. TNA has hyped AMW as the "greatest tag team of this era" yada yada yada, so just when TNA is trying to break into the mainstream, they break them up? As if TNA needed more singles wrestlers to begin with!

[QUOTE=Anubis;208977]Oh, it's not that everyone from WWE is trash, just that these two are trash from WWE. I think the Bashams are bland and boring and generally lacking in the talent department. TNA is employing everyone that gets fired from WWE, whether they are good workers or not. Team 3-D, good choice. Tomko, terrible choice. Kurt Angle, good choice. Bashams, bad choice. TNA should be focusing on good workers more than anything. Bringing in guys like Christian and Tomko only dillute the roster, and they have way too many people to fit into an hour show. They should be building around guys like Samoa Joe and Sting and AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels instead of WWE midcarders.[/QUOTE] This is a seperate issue than Hemme's team, but I do somewhat agree with you. Tomko, Bashams, and such were bad hires. They should be focusing on their own talent so people recognize them as TNA Stars, and they have been doing that somewhat. I also agree that Kurt was a good hire, and The Dudleyz, but Christian was not a bad hire. Christian is a good worker, very good charisma, and has never been used the proper way in the WWE. Where I think TNA should focus is using Angle, Christian, and Sting to an extent putting over TNA stars. And they've only done this with Samoa Joe against Angle. However, by the time Angle arrived Joe was already over with the crowd. Yes they have a lot of talent for a one hour show, but with how its progressed I don't mind that much because they are obviously building for the future. So their roster is pretty good they just need to use the Christians and Angles to help get the others names recognized. [QUOTE]yeah I was surprised at the AMW break up. TNA has hyped AMW as the "greatest tag team of this era" yada yada yada, so just when TNA is trying to break into the mainstream, they break them up? As if TNA needed more singles wrestlers to begin with![/QUOTE] Raven's Guys (which had Devine who did well with Shelley in Paparazzi Productions and Bentley/Kazarian), The Naturals (are they still doing that stuff with Douglas or fallen off the TNA map?), and AMW. There are at least three teams would would bolster the tag divison. Instead Raven beats his guys with a cane, which is nearly the same exact storyline that Douglas had with The Naturals just slightly tweaked, and they broke up one of their better teams. Lets not even mention firing Elix Skipper one of the most underrated workers and have the move of the year in 05? with the hurricanrana off the cage. They have/had the talent, just if a company would properly book a tag team divison circa 1988-1990 WWF (Demolition, Collossal Connectin, Hart Foundation, Strike Force to an extent, and still plenty more) it lends itself to some great tag matches.

[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;209094]What were their gimmicks in OVW?[/QUOTE] Gimmicks? It was Jim Cornette OVW, it wasn't so much that they're gimmick was better, they were just booked properly, used right, and they got over. They were in alot of really good feuds and angles. Most people who watched OVW around that time would tell you how frustrating it was to watch guys get called up to WWE and just be completely sucked of anything that made them great. That whole group from 2001-2003 really, Conway, Dinsmore, Bashams, Rico Constantino, all **** gimmicks compared to what they could have been pushed as, which was the new talent that should be took seriously.

I think Tomko was purely hired for his chemistry with Christian and not so much as a standout individual worker. Not every hiring decision is made on the basis that the signee is going to take the company to the next level. As for the topic... I'm guessing either the Bashams of the Shane Twins and yes, I'd also agree that Damaja in particular never showcased any of the work that made him stand out in OVW, which I assume is the WWE's doing rather than him just becoming less of a wrestler as soon as he got called up. It always seems kinda sad that the new prospects get given a good wrestling education in OVW only to have to almost be retaught the WWE storytelling punch-kick-spinebuster-punch style of wrestling once they're brought up. Conway and Dinsmore in particular are classic examples.

Archived