Will there be a TEW 2008?

Agreed, an 09 on a similiar track to what 07 ran seems much more likely. Besides, when the games was first released back in the fall didn't Adam say he had other projects he was going to want to work on next once he got back to programming? I do know this would be Wrestling Spirit 3 time if Adam had been happy with the way 2 was received. But since that's not the case, I think he has a different project or two to fill that gap.

[QUOTE=GDE71;209103]I'm not sure how much more can be done unless we end up with full graphics/sound..[/QUOTE] I'm not saying the TEW series hasn't achieved a lot and it does cover pretty much all aspects of what a booking role would entail, but there's plenty more that could be done to enhance the current features. I won't harp on about the interactive features because I already have, but that's an area that could be improved a great deal.

TEW's one of those games that will never be complete; there'll always be something to add to give it that extra snaz every year, so Adam's always gonna be busy. Of course there's been no official announcement yet and I doubt Adam's already working on 08/09 just three months removed from 07's release, but he'd simply be insane not to make another one given the series' success. Here's Adam's thoughts on a possible WreSpi3: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165797&postcount=4[/url]

[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;209097]Not sure if it is in the works but its not being talked about yet. I don't think there will be an 08 unless it comes out in the middle of 08. Possibly a TEW 2009 towards the end of 2008?[/QUOTE] If a TEW was released at the end of 04, then at the end of 05, then at the end of 06, I don't see any reason why Adam might delay the next (presuming that he's going to be programming another) until the end of 08.

This is a total shot in the dark, but my guess is that Adam won't base a future iteration of TEW on the same engine as he did with TEW 2005 and 2007 - you really just can't keep sending out variations of the same framework or people will eventually stop buying it (I'm looking at you, NBA Live)... my guess is that the odds are higher that Adam will be making a more major overhaul to the game for the next version, and that will take longer. 2007 came out relatively quickly because he already had a huge useable foundation of coding to work with. Again, this is entirely speculative.

[QUOTE=Monkeypox;209139]This is a total shot in the dark, but my guess is that Adam won't base a future iteration of TEW on the same engine as he did with TEW 2005 and 2007 - you really just can't keep sending out variations of the same framework or people will eventually stop buying it (I'm looking at you, NBA Live)... my guess is that the odds are higher that Adam will be making a more major overhaul to the game for the next version, and that will take longer. 2007 came out relatively quickly because he already had a huge useable foundation of coding to work with. Again, this is entirely speculative.[/QUOTE] I ma be misunderstanding, but I don't see why he wouldn't use the same engine as he did for 07. This would just save time, it wouldn't mean that he wouldn't be able to add features and alter existing ones.

[QUOTE=Monkeypox;209139]This is a total shot in the dark, but my guess is that Adam won't base a future iteration of TEW on the same engine as he did with TEW 2005 and 2007[/QUOTE] 2005 and 2007 weren't written on the same engine! The front end interface was designed to look similar (in order to help people feel comfortable with it quicker) which might be confusing you, and some features were ported over with just a few modifications, but the engine itself is very different. As for the initial question, no decision has been taken on a further game in the series, nor will there be until at least the tail end of this year.

Archived