Mainstream Networks?

Has anyone determined exactly what types of product upset a Mainstream TV network? I would think that Cult and Risque are red flags, but in what quantity? Is anyone here on a Mainstream network with Very Low Cult and/or Risque in your product? How about Low or Medium? Conversely, is there a minimum level of Mainstream you need to get on a Mainstream network? For a product with no Cult, no Risque and no T & A levels, do you nevertheless need a Very Low, Low or Medium minimum setting in Mainstream? I presume Match Danger and Intensity play a factor as well, so products with lots of DareDevil, Hardcore and/or Modern might not get onto a Mainstream network either.

well i am not sure if this will help but this recently happend to me......i am playing swf but i raised the hardcore to medium in the editor....when it came time for uk secondary to come up for review they are a mainstream and they said that my style no longer coinsides with thier style *or something along thoes lines* basicly the onlything i can think of is because the mediume hardcore.

I'm not sure, but I imagine that your product settings for danger and intensity are the sole factors that matter, as these are the things influenced by the various other product settings. I imagine it would be far easier to code certain levels of danger and intensity to be the limits for the types of network than it would be for combinations of the various other product factors. Of course, this is just guesswork but it make some sense.

[QUOTE=derek_b;211009]I'm not sure, but I imagine that your product settings for danger and intensity are the sole factors that matter, as these are the things influenced by the various other product settings. I imagine it would be far easier to code certain levels of danger and intensity to be the limits for the types of network than it would be for combinations of the various other product factors. Of course, this is just guesswork but it make some sense.[/QUOTE] Risque is a major factor too.

[QUOTE=edenborn;210895]I presume Match Danger and Intensity play a factor as well, so products with lots of DareDevil, Hardcore and/or Modern might not get onto a Mainstream network either.[/QUOTE] I dunno about that. 5SSW, as an example, has Modern as a Key Feature and they have zero problems getting onto Mainstream networks. Then again, they also have 'heavy' Mainstream too. Daredevil and Hardcore I can see, but not Modern. In fact, a Modern product would fit a mainstream network very well given the pace and action and "ooh ahh"-ability of Modern style matches. Pure would probably have more trouble getting onto a Mainstream network than Modern due to its 'boring' nature to Mainstream fans (Finlay-Regal anyone?).

Archived