Midwest Championship Wrestling

[B]February 23rd 2007[/B] Today began like any other day, a normal friday of sorts. Worked 6 to 6 at the meat plant, drove home. Grabbed my mail on the way in, tossed it on the table, and took a shower. Once finished with my shower, I began shuffling through the various bills and junk letters a man of 24 gets. One told me to act now to increase my stamina and vitality in bed, another offered me $20 grand in credit, no questions asked. Then with fear I read what was on the last envelope........ [B]Jose Gonzalez Attorney at Law 2345 West Field Dr Quarango,NM 65245[/B] "What in the hell is this?",I thought to myself....... Times had been rough for this Iowa boy, money was tight and food was even tighter, I couldn't remember the last time I had a real drink down at Poore Boys bar with the boys, or the last time I had been on a date with my fiance. Truth be told, a nervous breakdown or drowning in bills was almost clearly around the corner. Bill collectors had given up on me heck even my family had given up on me. Only my girl Steph, had stuck around. Fear gripped my heart as I tore open this last shred of dignity, stuck in the form of yet another bill collectors attorney. I read quickly, too quickly, in my rage I barely even saw the words, for the images of my girl packing and taking the last bit of happiness from this sad mans journey. Slowly I reread what had been written. "Dear Mr. Hullinger, As you already know your grandfather passed away several months prior to my writing you." "Had he?" I thought to myself. Granddad and I had always had a strained relationship never fond of either ones part in it. Truth be told I hadn't even spoken with the old goat for nearly 7 yrs, and even then it had been an obligatory condolence at my grandmothers funeral. The letter went on...... "The late Morty Williams estate has been brought to court, the will states that everything, minus court fees and taxes be given to you, Mr. Hullinger. A signature will be required(via electronic or otherwise) in order to give over rights to your grandfathers estate. Also, enclosed is a letter written by Mr. Williams, addressed to you. Minus court costs and taxes, Mr. Williams Estate is valued at just under [B]1.5 Million dollars.[/B] My condolences, Jose Gonzalez" I dropped the ripped open the second letter, believing the first to be some sort of sick joke. As I read through the letter, sadness filled my heart and tears filled my eyes. "Dear Pipsqueak, I know we haven't had the best relationship up til now. I drank to much and thought to little, or maybe I thought to much and drank too little, Either way I neglected you as my grandson and for this I am truly sorry. I only hope that you can forgive me now in death. I have left you all I have and all the love this old heart can muster. Your Pappy, Morty Williams" My jaw dropped and I could barely contain the burst of emotions. I could finally pay off my bills, Marry my girl, and last but deffinately not least, do what I had always dreamed of doing. Buy my own wrestling organization................. Things were deffinately looking up for this poor Iowa boy, Thank you pappy!

The naming of my promotion was easy. The miswest was in great need of a promotion to really stir things up and had been for decades. So Midwest Championship Wrestling was born. After getting the proper licenses and equipment I still had roughly 1 mil to work with, so it was time to go get some talent. I wanted to recreate what DAVE had out on the East Coast, with the hardcore and high flying action I had grown to love, but I decided to stick with the Hardcore action to start with. My First signing was Primal Rage, who I had seen in independent action and had grown to love. From there I signed Brady Prince(upper Midcarder) Bret Graveson(Ref) Buck Graham(Midcarder) Captain USA(Color Commentator) Dangerous Dave Diamond(Upper Midcarder) Dog Fyte(Midcarder) Fumihiro Ota(Main Eventer) Lightening Bill Lebowski(Midcarder) Mary Beth Chase(Personality) Murderous Mikey(Lower Midcarder) Bubba Lee West(Main Eventer) Titan(Midcarder) Trauma(Lower Midcarder) and Weird Waldo Odlaw(Lower Midcarder) Hopefully more will be added soon. My first Event will take Place in two days time. It will be a short 30 minuted show to just give a little taste of what I have to offer the wrestling community.

I'm starting at the very bottom. Being that I am a small town guy, I wouldn't neccessarily have a great deal of business knowledge on my hands. So you see as of right now I am purposely making some slight mistakes, I also wanted to see just what I could do with these low level guys. I may crash and burn, or I may succeed, thats the idea of this diary.

[QUOTE=MaxxHexx;215486]I'll keep reading, one thing? What size are you starting as, because with a million Dave Diamond shouldn't be on your radar.[/QUOTE] How dare you besmirch the good name of Dazzlin' Dave?! I'd be more worried about Murderous Mikey and Trauma being on the same roster... my God the injuries! Won't somebody think of the children!

[B]Courtesy of 411mania.com[/B] [COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="4"]New Signings for upstart Iowan Promotion[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] 411 mania has found that new promotion "Midwest Championship Wrestling" has signed several new stars to its roster prior to its openiong broadcast. Little is known about MCW other than there owner knows little about the wrestling world other that being a huge fan of the big 3. We've seen many of these overnight promotions here at 411mania, lets just hope they can be the exception instead of the rule. The new signings are as follows "Straight Edge" Alan Parent"(opener) Ultimate Pheonix(Main eventer) Black Eagle(Upper Midcarder) James "Mainstream" Hernendez(upper midcarder) "Backwoods" Brett Fraser(Opener) "High Flyin" Steve Flash(Upper Midcarder) Just hours away from showtime, MCW is still without an announcer. WIth time still left something may be in the works but nothing is known as of now.

[B]Courtesy of 411mania.com[/B] [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]More MCW news[/COLOR][/SIZE] Tonights 30 minute debut has now become a 1 1/2 hour Tournament for the Newly Announced "MCW Iowa Championship". This information,meant to remain secret, was leaked to us from an unnamed source. Brackets are as follows...... [B]Contestant 1[/B] Black Eagle [B]Contestant 2[/B] Bill Lebowski [B]Contestant 3[/B] Dangerous Dave [B]Contestant 4[/B] Mainstream Hernandez [B]Contestant 5[/B] Steve Flash [B]Contestant 6[/B] Primal Rage [B]Contestant 7[/B] Bubba West [B]Contestant 8[/B] Dog Fyte In other action All Action Americans (Buck Graham and Brady Prince) take on The Midwest Gangstas(Dog Fyte and Trauma) for the "MCW Tag Team Titles)

[B]Courtesy of 411mania.com[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Last minute changes[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] Just in time MCW was able to hire longtime MAW and NYCW Announcer Marv Earnest to do play by play for there debut show. Whether or not this is more than a one time deal is yet to be seen.

[CENTER][B]MCW First Annual Title Tournament Midwest Championship Wrestling Hunter's Town Hall Osceola, IA[/B][/CENTER] The show starts off with Marv Earnest welcoming us to MCW's First show. Telling us all that it takes alot to even put on one show, but to have a long term goal for a wrestling company in this day and age is almost an impossibility. He says that he wishes nothing but the best for MCW and hopes to call many great matches in the comming years for this great company. [CENTER][B] Segment 1 The All Action Americans Vs The Midwest Gangstas 1 Fall 15 minute time limit[/B][/CENTER] [B]The action was fierce, with no team gaining a clear advantage until an untimely ref bump led to Buck Graham being powerbombed by Dog Fyte to the outside. Allowing Trauma to Pin Brady Prince for the win.[/B] *Match notes: Dog Fyte suffered a slight stinger causing him to lose feeling down the right side of his body. Midwest Gangstas [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [CENTER][B]Segment 2 Interview Mainstream Hernandez[/B][/CENTER] [B]Mainsteam comes out to a less than stellar crowd response, He goes on to tell the fans that even though they may not be familiar with his work, he is commited to winning them over. He says he will start by taking the title in the tournament tonight[/B] [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [CENTER][B]Segment 3 Black Eagle Vs. Bill Lebowski[/B][/CENTER] [B]The action is pretty one sided during this one, with Black Eagle taking control early. A chair shot by Lebowski should have changed momentum but he failed to capitolize, and ended up losing to a small package out of nowhere.[/B] Black Eagle [COLOR="Red"]D[/COLOR] [CENTER][B]Segment 4 Dangerous Dave Diamond VS. Mainstream Hernandez[/B][/CENTER] [B]Diamond takes command early punishing Hernandez withjust about everything but the kitchen sink. A missed spot by Diamond may have brought the crowd down a bit midway but they picked it back up again. Hernandez wins a I punch you punch battle and starts gaining momentum. A running shoulder tackle knocks Diamond from the ring. A stunned Diamond shrugs his shoulders, waves his hands toward the ring and walks off![/B] Mainstream Hernandez [COLOR="red"]D-[/COLOR] [CENTER][B]Segment 5 Steve Flash VS. Primal Rage[/B][/CENTER] [B]We have a real hardcore bout on our hands with Flash gaining a crimson mask early on. Not a real pretty bout and not a real technically sound bout, but the fans ate it up. Primal rage takes this match with a Silent Scream Submission about 5 minutes in.[/B] Primal Rage [COLOR="Red"]D[/COLOR] [B][CENTER]Segment 6 Intermission Due to injuries sustained early on Dog Fyte will not be able to compete, Sgt Bubba Lee West will be given a by.[/CENTER][/B] [COLOR="red"]E[/COLOR] [B][CENTER]Segment 7 Bubba Lee West VS Mainstream Hernandez [/CENTER][/B] [B]This bout begins with West degrading Hernandez for his lack of self respect, telling him that its faggot surfer types like him thats ruining america. This really gets the fans behind hernandez. Who starts off strong, really taking it to West. A low blow leads to a change in momentum and West takes command,All looks lost for Hernandez whenhe hits the Apparition # 14 from nowhere.[/B] Mainstream Hernandez [COLOR="Red"]D+[/COLOR] *Match Notes: ROad Agents made note of the obvious chemistry between the two workers. We will deffinately see more of these two in the future. [CENTER][B]Segment 8 Black Eagle VS. Primal Rage[/B][/CENTER] [B]Sadly Not much to say here as Primal Rage seemed to have dislocated his shoulder early on forcing the match to end quickly.[/B] Primal Rage [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR] The announcers do a good job of downplaying Rages injury, hopefully he won't be too injurred to put on a good main event, we will soon see. [B][CENTER]Segment 9 Interview:Mr. Hullinger[/CENTER][/B] [B]The Owner of MCW comes out and announces that the Main Event tonight will be fought in a Steel Cage![/B] [B][CENTER]Segment 10 Primal Rage Vs Mainstream Hernandez STEEL CAGE MATCH!!![/CENTER][/B] [B]The Match Itself was hindered by Primal Rages obvious shoulder injury. They tried to pull off a great match but with out Upper body strength it failed to win over fans, who were sighted as saying "This Match Sucks!" and "Boring"[/B] Winner and new Champion Mainstream Hernandez [COLOR="red"]F+[/COLOR] The show ends with Mainstream shaking his head. A title win is great but a title win tainted by a horrible match is nothing at all. Hopefully he will be able to elevate the title out of its current condition. Only time will tell. [COLOR="red"]Overall show rating E[/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"]The show was seen as something to grow on, not an outright success but not an outright defeat either. Injuries plagues the show due to the usage of some of its talent. Dog Fyte has since recovered, but Primal Rage's condition is still not yet known completely[/COLOR][/B]

Archived