It has come up a couple of times about how many regions should be included. I have one proposition. There should be a certain "active regions" in other words those which all the action is taking place and almost everyone will use(i.e USA, Japan ect). Then we can have the "dormant or inactive" regions. Those which maybe do not have an active promotion in it but you can go on tour to scout the region or occasionally "spit out" fighters, with limited skills since they have not attended any training or gym. Another option is that the regions can be edited. The same way the locations are. In other words you want to add for lets say Cyprus (which is where i am from and is unlikely to ever be added). Why not? I want to make a my own promotion based in Cyprus (or where ever) and build up some home talent to take on the big guys. Another idea connected to regions is to have regional strength similar to TEW but maybe a little more detailed. In other words, maybe lets say India which has a huge population but limited interest in MMA. You could start advertising, creating PR in the region, open up a gym there, create some home talent and gradually start touring the area. 10-15 years latter India becomes one of the leaders in the field of MMA!!! After all MMA was non existent as a business(in global terms) 20 years ago. MMA has become popular in some countries due to the effort of a few promotions (K-1, Pride, UFC ect). Pretty much the same way WWE developed wrestling and so on. With MMA it is more of a challenge as it is at a more ealy stage so having just lets say 3-4 fixed territories with fixed(non changing) popularity levels of the sport( as it was in TEW). Will mean we will have a game which is some what limited. So as a conclusion. More territories, better if they are editable and lastly they territories grow with time(MMA becomes more popular there)

I think that it's going to be hard to give a region a rating for overness or something of that nature. Reason being, the UFC usually operates and runs shows on the West Coast but when it comes to Ohio for the first time ever, it broke the North American attendance record. It would be really hard to just say, the UFC is over this amount in this region when it wouldn't totally be accurate.

[QUOTE=toddthebod;216339]I think that it's going to be hard to give a region a rating for overness or something of that nature. Reason being, the UFC usually operates and runs shows on the West Coast but when it comes to Ohio for the first time ever, it broke the North American attendance record. It would be really hard to just say, the UFC is over this amount in this region when it wouldn't totally be accurate.[/QUOTE] I am talking more about the overness of MMA as a sport than a particular promotion. For example in TEW wrestling fans were less in the UK or Europe and you could not do anything about that. About the UFC in Ohio, it does not mean that because they work out of the west coast and have never been in Ohio they are not popular there. Most fans today are made through mass media anyway.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;216418]I am talking more about the overness of MMA as a sport than a particular promotion. For example in TEW wrestling fans were less in the UK or Europe and you could not do anything about that. About the UFC in Ohio, it does not mean that because they work out of the west coast and have never been in Ohio they are not popular there. Most fans today are made through mass media anyway.[/QUOTE] I guess the point or problem I see with this option is that it's going to be difficult to accurate display the overness of a company or MMA into a region. You wouldn't think that their would be tons of MMA fans in Egypt or Africa for that matter but I guarantee if PRIDE or the UFC put a show on there, it would sell out most of the arenas. This is why I think that a marketing option should take over for storylines. An example would be to put an Ultimate Fight Night before a PPV that didn't feature many big names. The need for storylines basically goes out the window basically goes out the window. Please don't think that I'm arguing with you as I'm just not great with getting ideas across in text.

[QUOTE=toddthebod;216849]I guess the point or problem I see with this option is that it's going to be difficult to accurate display the overness of a company or MMA into a region. You wouldn't think that their would be tons of MMA fans in Egypt or Africa for that matter but I guarantee if PRIDE or the UFC put a show on there, it would sell out most of the arenas. This is why I think that a marketing option should take over for storylines. An example would be to put an Ultimate Fight Night before a PPV that didn't feature many big names. The need for storylines basically goes out the window basically goes out the window. Please don't think that I'm arguing with you as I'm just not great with getting ideas across in text.[/QUOTE] I think it is highly arguable to say that UFC or Pride will sell out most arenas in places where they have never performed and there is no TV or cable access to their shows. What i am suggesting here is 1)simply the ability to edit the regions in the editor section so as to be able to add as many or as few as i wish. 2) That the overness\popularity of MMA would change with time in the different regions, depending of corse on different factors, making it a challenge in developing MMA in places where maybe at the moment it is less popular Colnclusion that the regions should not be predifined, with prdefined popularity levels which do not change

I like all the ideas presented here, especially with having the ability to have MMA grow to any part of the world. I also think each region should have their own standard of rules that you must have in your company to run fights there. So the more extreme forms of MMA would have problems finding places to have shows.

Archived