Pro Wrestling SAISHO Thread

D5Xuhma.jpg

MIWA'S BOYS!

No love for Miwa's boys yet? I think SAISHO is one of the most interesting companies in the land of the rising sun tbh. They've got insane talent in their roster but don't have any money ($12500). I played a couple of demo-saves yet and in every save they did no money whatsoever.

You still got your SAISHO boys like KAZ, Sugimura or Black Iron Corps and then they signed a bunch of darlings like Makioka, Miyake or a pretty decent Lion Genji.

I've never gotten hooked on Saisho even though I feel like they're basically Japanese MAW. I feel like they don't have enough of an identity for me compared to the other small Japanese companies. They would still be a very fun and interesting project but I couldnt touch them until I have a better vision of what makes them distinct and how they'd present themselves. Hopefully someone has cool ideas I can rip off of.

I feel like WLW/EX2010 can go the DDT or DG route if they want while BCG to me is like a AJPW type. PGHW is closer to NOAH for me. And lastly BHOTWG isat that NJPW level. Not exact copies obvious but that's sort of how I see them. Saisho is still missing a cool identity in that sense.

I feel like WLW/EX2010 can go the DDT or DG route if they want while BCG to me is like a AJPW type. PGHW is closer to NOAH for me. And lastly BHOTWG isat that NJPW level. Not exact copies obvious but that's sort of how I see them. Saisho is still missing a cool identity in that sense.

I see SAISHO being closer to Wrestle-1 as a real life comparison

So I really want to try booking SAISHO, but I'm a newcomer to puro, and most stuff I've read seems to focus strongly on stables, which aren't a thing in the fed. Couple that with March's Grand Prix, which means it seems dumb to run a singles tournament at a different time of the year, and October's Tag Grand Prix, which creates the same issue for tag teams, and I'm struggling to figure out where to start. Any suggestions, anyone?

<p>I can definetly see the W-1 comparision in terms of the whole background story, but i would say there are more like a K-Dojo/2AW or Kensuke Office type of promotion maybe.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48634" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I really want to try booking SAISHO, but I'm a newcomer to puro, and most stuff I've read seems to focus strongly on stables, which aren't a thing in the fed. Couple that with March's Grand Prix, which means it seems dumb to run a singles tournament at a different time of the year, and October's Tag Grand Prix, which creates the same issue for tag teams, and I'm struggling to figure out where to start. Any suggestions, anyone?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would definetly say you can create your own stables if you want to. Maybe try to do one big heel stable with 4 or 5 members and the rest are the main unit, Hontai type of group which fight against the evil guys.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CGN91" data-cite="CGN91" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48634" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> I would definetly say you can create your own stables if you want to. Maybe try to do one big heel stable with 4 or 5 members and the rest are the main unit, Hontai type of group which fight against the evil guys.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks; that sounds like a really interesting idea!</p>

I'm still in a state of shock that they're still around as they in were always in a running battle with ACPW to be the first company to go out of business in 2016.

Yes. I think they will go out of business real fast. Did not make any money in the demo

Yes. I think they will go out of business real fast. Did not make any money in the demo

Do you know if they end up signing a deal with Shogun TV? As long as they up their production values (I know theyre poor tbf), they should be able to qualify so they can get a touring highlight deal & an event deal.

Idk if the AI is smart enough to do that but users can probably deal with the financial issues with that and the next option thereafter would be to turn events into normal intent if money is still an issue. That would theoretically put an end to the money woes. But I could be wrong.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CGN91" data-cite="CGN91" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48634" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They signed a TV Deal with Shogun TV in every save i simulated, but they're still on -$24k on the 1st of March.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wow. Thats rough. Then I think the goal has to be to change the events to normal intent. Though thats one of the limitations of a 2 month beta, it could very well be that they manage to break even before the bankruptcy timer runs out so perhaps its hard to tell as of yet if theyve got survivability.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48634" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wow. Thats rough. Then I think the goal has to be to change the events to normal intent. Though thats one of the limitations of a 2 month beta, it could very well be that they manage to break even before the bankruptcy timer runs out so perhaps its hard to tell as of yet if theyve got survivability.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep that are exactly my thoughts. We don't know it, we simply don't know it after two months of beta. Either they survive or they will go bankrupt in March or April (maybe it's anticipated by Adam, dunno)</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Went ahead and started my first game in TEW 20 with SAISHO. I've left all the preferences/rules on and the schedule is remaining as it is. I did sign a broadcasting contract with Shogun TV for tour highlights and the events. My character is The Great Avatar and I replaced Sekozawa as the head booker of SAISHO. I won't alter the schedule until the full game is out at which point I will negotiate for a television deal, besides that, I will avoid adding any more events.

405f86fec1a06f953d41c3119f1fe8fa.png

Booked this show mainly to get an idea of the roster and how good each person performed. Steal the Show match was given to Babau & Moroi who are two really good wrestlers and Van Pelt/Katou, an odd pairing but two of the better workers on the roster. Left it at 15 minutes. Technical Masterclass match was gifted to Robinson&Svensson vs. Avatar & Miyake. No problems with this one either. I took a risk with leaving Serizawa at a slightly overused but I didnt really get penalized for it. Didn't have any issues with crowd management either, all in all, zero complaints about the show.

Top 5 Performers: Kita, Narahashi, Makioka, KAZ, Genji

Worst 5 Performers: Koizumi, Kakinomoto, Utagawa, Arato, Serizawa

Sekozawa is in Time Decline, he's definitely a guy that should be left to work with the Young Lions. Utagawa, Kakinomoto & Koizumi get penalized for inexperience. Arato also got penalized for poor psychology.

I also added a cheap referee and a cheap road agent just to get ahead of being possibly penalized. I think only Ogai Miki got left off the card because I didn't have anything for him.

This is a pretty solid grade so nowhere to go but up.

My plans for Battleground Japan:

Destiny Title: Zesshin Makioka © vs. Azumamaro Kita

Destiny Tag Title: Arakaki & Sekizawa © vs. Babau & Moroi

Ride The Tiger: Tobei Sugimura © vs. Gidayu Katou

Rest of the card, we'll see. I'm going to see. At this point, I don't see Destiny Awaits not being headlined by this same match. Kita & Makioka are our two best workers. So the way I see it, Makioka wins here, Kita wins the rematch in the A-1 Grand Prix finals and Makioka will probably win the blow off match since Kita's already had so many reigns. It's Makioka's year.

I've booked a few more shows with SAISHO. Good news is that the financial issues are mostly gone. I havent lost money so far despite using my roster extensively.

There's a TON of young lions & just in general workers available to sign in Japan. I'd argue there's EASY room for another small-sized company there. I signed up Yuta Isano, Dreadnought (renamed Sam Copland for young lion reasons), & James Diaz to the roster.

Some thoughts on booking:

Your Stars/Major Stars have to have their matches be at least 20 minutes even if there is a wrestler who would be overused. Though I would probably keep them away from young lions.

Technical Masterclass/Steal the Show are pretty easy to book. Well Steal the Show is since the roster is solid (I just make sure the guys wrestling in those have 60ish psych tbh). Technical Masterclass might need a calm the crowd match before it.

I use tags/trios pretty extensively with some rare singles matches and rarer 4 v 4s.

Unfortunately though, I'm not really getting hooked to the company. I'm very tempted to pick another company. The tours are going to get extremely exhausting, or at least they are early on when you have a limited roster. Getting show grades isn't very hard. I'm trying to convince myself that in the long run I'll probably be more content with doing the tour shows. But its hard to get motivated to book the 10th show of a 12 show tour where every show can tend to feel virtually the same.

It doesnt help that SAISHO's roster & identity still feel very hazy and unclear for me. Aside from wanting to prove ourselves with PGHW (who will terminate trade deals with SAISHO whether you're AI or not rendering pretty stupid for it to even be in the game), I just don't see the direction of the company. Even the roster doesnt really have anything you're building towards. Makioka is in his first reign and theres really no one else who needs the title at this point.

The only real attraction at the moment is just the road to taking over Japan. SAISHO also probably needs a rename because its not really going to do for an ambitious company anyways. Doesnt really compare to BHOTWG, PGHW, EX2010, WLW, or BCG.

Im heading into my 5th show but my interest is quickly depleting ;(

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48634" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've booked a few more shows with SAISHO. Good news is that the financial issues are mostly gone. I havent lost money so far despite using my roster extensively. <p> </p><p> There's a TON of young lions & just in general workers available to sign in Japan. I'd argue there's EASY room for another small-sized company there. I signed up Yuta Isano, Dreadnought (renamed Sam Copland for young lion reasons), & James Diaz to the roster. </p><p> </p><p> Some thoughts on booking:</p><p> </p><p> Your Stars/Major Stars have to have their matches be at least 20 minutes even if there is a wrestler who would be overused. Though I would probably keep them away from young lions. </p><p> </p><p> Technical Masterclass/Steal the Show are pretty easy to book. Well Steal the Show is since the roster is solid (I just make sure the guys wrestling in those have 60ish psych tbh). Technical Masterclass might need a calm the crowd match before it. </p><p> </p><p> I use tags/trios pretty extensively with some rare singles matches and rarer 4 v 4s. </p><p> </p><p> Unfortunately though, I'm not really getting hooked to the company. I'm very tempted to pick another company. The tours are going to get extremely exhausting, or at least they are early on when you have a limited roster. Getting show grades isn't very hard. I'm trying to convince myself that in the long run I'll probably be more content with doing the tour shows. But its hard to get motivated to book the 10th show of a 12 show tour where every show can tend to feel virtually the same. </p><p> </p><p> It doesnt help that SAISHO's roster & identity still feel very hazy and unclear for me. Aside from wanting to prove ourselves with PGHW (who will terminate trade deals with SAISHO whether you're AI or not rendering pretty stupid for it to even be in the game), I just don't see the direction of the company. Even the roster doesnt really have anything you're building towards. Makioka is in his first reign and theres really no one else who needs the title at this point. </p><p> </p><p> The only real attraction at the moment is just the road to taking over Japan. SAISHO also probably needs a rename because its not really going to do for an ambitious company anyways. Doesnt really compare to BHOTWG, PGHW, EX2010, WLW, or BCG. </p><p> </p><p> Im heading into my 5th show but my interest is quickly depleting ;(</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">I agree with you about the SAISHO name change. I feel like that was their developmental identity and to be now on their own they need a new one to be taken more seriously. With Miwa at the helm, I see them succeeding and staying around awhile so a new name would help them grow too. Looking up what SAISHO means it doesn't even fit in with a wrestling promotion IMO considering it means "the first". I could maybe see that as a Developmental name, but they aren't one anymore and need to like you said figure out their own identity away from PGHW.</div></div>

I agree with you about the SAISHO name change. I feel like that was their developmental identity and to be now on their own they need a new one to be taken more seriously. With Miwa at the helm, I see them succeeding and staying around awhile so a new name would help them grow too. Looking up what SAISHO means it doesn't even fit in with a wrestling promotion IMO considering it means "the first". I could maybe see that as a Developmental name, but they aren't one anymore and need to like you said figure out their own identity away from PGHW.

Yeah I was looking that up as well and I could see it working for dev (supposedly it can mean variations of beginning & commencement) but Miwa has taken over for a while now. Unless he's sticking to the MAW mentality of developing young workers (which he clearly isnt judging by how many reigns KAZ has had) he should rebrand. I also find it a bit disappointed that SAISHO has theoretically not really grown in the time Miwa has owned the company. You can be generous and say the tsunami hurt them but four years and a couple of companies out of the way later, they can't even get 70 people to come to their shows? Bit underwhelming.

Why doesn't Miwa seem to have any plans to grow or do anything with the company? Until the patches, SAISHO was on the verge of dying but now they'll be treading water instead.

Yeah I was looking that up as well and I could see it working for dev (supposedly it can mean variations of beginning & commencement) but Miwa has taken over for a while now. Unless he's sticking to the MAW mentality of developing young workers (which he clearly isnt judging by how many reigns KAZ has had) he should rebrand. I also find it a bit disappointed that SAISHO has theoretically not really grown in the time Miwa has owned the company. You can be generous and say the tsunami hurt them but four years and a couple of companies out of the way later, they can't even get 70 people to come to their shows? Bit underwhelming.

Why doesn't Miwa seem to have any plans to grow or do anything with the company? Until the patches, SAISHO was on the verge of dying but now they'll be treading water instead.

Looking over the company it gives me the feeling of just being a mini-PGHW. This makes sense if they were their developmental still, but it's been 6 years since the developmental agreement ended. Move forward and change somehow. Even looking at titles it feels exactly like PGHW with the singles and tag Grand Prix, the singles main, tag team main, and midcard title. Maybe adding a Junior Division having strict weight classes, or make it an old school Japanese company really sticking to Puro roots not allowing multi-man matches, or maybe going in a full-blown new direction and just being a Tournament based company with a bunch of tournaments through the year. Something to solidify themselves as different to try and expand.

Looking at the company descriptions it looks like PGHW & BHOTWG are in dire straights with both struggling to make new stars and PGHW in "steep decline" while BHOTWG is "reeling and vulnerable". Meanwhile, SAISHO is "spotting and developing their own stars. Which seems to me like either a signal to pillage them or a signal that they are the future. Of course, BCG and Exodus seem in an extremely better position to benefit from the big two failing, but it seems as though SAISHO could no doubt benefit if they'd start making some moves and being creative/innovative.

• 4 weeks later...

My run at SAISHO

I just finished 1 year at SAISHO using Axl Avatar (renamed Jerry Axe). I dunno, I feel like I want a charismatic Bob Sapp-size dude as the face of this company with Miwa Mito behind the scenes. Things are going pretty well. The original talent is amazing, and Japan is loaded with signings from their collapse.

First I got the company into a passable financial situation. That meant I'd load the card minimally but aim for high rankings at cheap venues. For a few events I would keep multiple saves to see what would happen and alter my cards to get the best result. I stopped doing this once I found a few plans that work like gangbusters (ps this is my first time playing after lurking for a looooong time). I also did some really boring things to make sure I didn't overspend.

Second, I looked at the titles and decided I needed some rock solid champions to add prestige and to rename the Ride the Tiger title. I had played with no favorites in mind to see what would happen and one thing's for certain SAISHO's heels are amazing. They will dominate early and fast.

After 3 months it was Black Iron Corps (tag), Zeshin Makiota (world), and Lion Genji (Ride the Tiger/renamed regional). I kept open style booking and they just kept winning. So it struck me. I have my first stable, and they will start the first wave of storylines, and they are all amazing heels.

So I created a storyline taking all the best heels and all of the popular faces and pairing them off into stables. It's the Black Iron Army vs SAISHO Warrior Alliance. The Black Iron Army plays ruthless anti-heroes against the fumbling yet deeply endearing SAISHO team. KAZ is the best loser you'll get, he'll take the fall against any big name heel you have pending they're slightly more over than KAZ himself. KAZ has broken out and taken the regional title from Lion Genji in a sidestory, but he recently lost it to SATO in a fatal 3-way with Genji. Still, KAZ is the man and will shine when ya need him to.

Black Iron Army* - Azumamaro Kita, Fujio Narahashi, Zeshin Makiota, Lion Genji

* - This team has not changed, but I'm looking to take Zeshin face for a much later storyline maybe in year 2.

SAISHO Warrior Alliance* - KAZ, Jayson Van Pelt, Ogai Miki, Jimmy Stratosphere, Motty Koroda

* - I push a lot of high end babyface talent thru the Alliance like SATO, Masao, and Avalanche Takano with small contracts.

Once things started to look up; I added Dreadnought, James Diaz, Akihiro Hisato, and Minoru Takei. My first signings will be the future heels of SAISHO. Diaz and Hisato are interesting. You can toss them in with the big boys and sometimes they can hold their own, sometimes they don't. So I give them big matches on pre & post shows unless there's a perfect slot for them somewhere on the card. More often than not, they hit it big with the crowd.

Then I created a secondary storyline with older heel and face talents starting up their own stables. I hired Dread & Koichi Kajiwara to manage his son in House of Dread with Torajiro Sekozawa. I hired Art Reed & Joanne Rodriguez to lead the SAISHO Young Lions. Found an amazing young heel named Corradeo Criscuola that loves to do damage with James Diaz, so that's a bonus. Feel like the future of SAISHO is ready to rock.

Once I got more $$$ I'd pull in a random babyface like SATO or Masao Tsubouchi to square off against one of my champs. Build them up, and have a huge spectacle of a match, move on to the next one. There was a brief title trade with Masao looking insanely strong and getting 85+ each match, but I had Zeshin take the title back due to Masao's EX2010 loyalty. Didn't want to get screwed by Masao not being available for big shows, but there is a run you can pull off if you co-ordinate with his schedule.

Finally, I started the Asian-Australian Grand Prix (alliance) to bring all the small/medium Japanese and Oceanic companies together. I regret not including Europe but it gives me a place to cherry pick young & vet gaijins. EX2010, Zen, and SAISHO are the founding alliance members. Burning Hammer just joined and suddenly the AAGP title matches are running hot and no lower than 70. Might make a junior heavyweight title because EX2010's talent is fire at that type of wrestling. This alliance kinda runs itself and acts as a buffer when I can't get one of my titlists available or if someone is injured. Masao is AAGP world champ and killing it with 9 defenses (I only booked 2 of those defenses), tag champs are Avalanche Takano & Razan Okamoto (aka New Wave Outlaws a huge babyface team that's building towards a match with Black Iron Corps).

Finally, getting Shogun TV wasn't hard. Already pulling 100,000 viewership and growing.

Right now I'm working on 2021 and here's what I'm developing:

- financial financial financial - running this as sharp as possible. years 3 to 5 are gonna be big.

- Miwa vs Miwa - saw Miwa has a heel brother. midcard stable storyline gold.

- Midcard Gaijins! - Started bringing in solid outsider talent to help momentum, they are cheap-ish and talented just gotta make sure they can speak to the crowd or else need a manager with a language set to bridge them to the fans (Art Reed or Torajiro)

- Young Lions - I'm running a bunch of lions on pre & post. James Diaz, Big Boss Emperor, Dreadnought, and Shuzo Utagawa are gaining some great heel momentum & experience.

- Minoru Takei is proving a challenge so I asked him to bulk up to giant AND HE DID. So I'm working on a ripped giant monster heel...that I think will bomb like the Shockmaster in real life but worth a shot.

- Sterling Whitlock & Mick Muscles - Got lucky, they were both available at the end of 2020. SO I took the $$$ I saved first year and invested most of it into locking these guys into 2yr iron clad contracts. Very risky, but have great chemistry so far. Future world champ all over him. Could sink the company if it doesn't work out.

PS: This hasn't been all roses. I've been screwed and messed up in a few places that I wish I could fix. I also got stupid lucky. Maybe I'll post all the stupid stuff I did later on. One of them I'll say was losing Jayson Van Pelt to OLLIE on a 4yr iron clad contract. Still frustrated that happened, now I'm building Joffy Laine to take his spot as babyface outsider.

-zip

Not got much to comment on aside to say loving reading this. Hope you offer up more updates of your SAISHO adventures. BHOTWG joining the AAGP has to be really huge for you since you get easy access to top tier Japanese workers & get to expose your own to bigger stages.

Do you not use your young lions on your tour shows outside pre/post show?

Re: My run at SAISHO

Not got much to comment on aside to say loving reading this. Hope you offer up more updates of your SAISHO adventures. BHOTWG joining the AAGP has to be really huge for you since you get easy access to top tier Japanese workers & get to expose your own to bigger stages.

Do you not use your young lions on your tour shows outside pre/post show?

Thanks! I'll try to keep things relatively up-to-date, perhaps each time I wrap a year I'll have a little update. Or if I have some questions...

To answer your question; Yes, I use the lions on the main card, but I've noticed that the pre/post show can give them a longer match and develop. Pre-show is for unknown rookies, cold vets, and giant-building. Post-show is for rookies and vets gaining momentum. If a lion is going on the main show he better have done something amazing to get there. Diaz, Dreadnought, and Hisato have had some shining main card moments.

Hisato's probably the best out of that crop. I gambled and threw him into a 6-way with major heels and faces. Rocked a humble 50 like no big deal, and left beastly Isoruko Arakaki looking like the weak link. I signed him on a very long contract right after that match, I'd take the Great Hisato as a manager if I didn't already have Dread, Mick Muscles, AND Miwa's brother.

I have to look...but that might have been the 4th match of Hisato's career. I'd sign him to pad my pre-show in Kanto and I kept getting unusually amazing results. Then the main card match happened and I was dying to lock him into a loooooong contract.

Personally, I think I have too many lions but I also just setup a bunch of talent deals with small European companies and EILL. Now I can send my brawler & mma crossover types to Europe and ship off some flyers & technicians to Mexico. Hope this works out.

I also think, long term, this will solve my "major babyface issue". I want some winning babyfaces that aren't loyal to anyone else and are younger than 35. I have Motoyuki Miyaki just about to break thru and that is it. I'd happily take SATO and Masao. They rock 75+ like it's all they can do. Maybe Burning Hammer can help me out...

I'll keep ya posted!

March, Week 2, 2021 Update

I was going to update my run with SAISHO on a year by year basis, but some really really interesting things started to go down for 2021 and I'm only a few months in. Also, I think I'm pouring much more detail into this year than the last. Finally, no auto booker. I used that as a crutch for the first half of 2020. Noticed my best shows are the carefully thought out ones...which makes sense.

Setting up the A-1 Singles GP:

- For the main event; It's the eve of the A-1 singles GP. White hot Kita is poised to take on red hot Sterling Whitlock for the A-1 finals. I'm not big on heel vs heel, but this is more like ultra-heel vs gaijin heel. Hope it works out....they never squared off before. This could be a turd. Their stats give me enough hope for a technical masterclass at 20min sharp.

- For the SAISHO Alliance vs. Black Iron Army trios title match; Hopefully this will allow me to slowly build things up and steal the show. I'm going to try to engineer a way to get Zeshin to turn face. This is the starting point and I'm aware this has to be a nice looooooooong slow burn of a turn. So Zeshin will take the loss on a botched distraction from ringside Army member MUSCLE Serizawa. Zeshin will get a post-match beatdown and get booted from the Army post-show. I have a plan to expect next year (if not by the season finale) Kita vs. Zeshin for the title in which Zeshin gets his 3rd run & 1st time as a face world champ. I plan to make this his last major reign before he leads the next wave of faces to glory (or not, this is a house of cards at best haha, I'm just getting lucky and Lion Genji is my backup plan if things go awry).

- SATO is hotter than white hot and reeling off 80's in singles matches. He's also the AAGP world champ with several huge defenses outside of SAISHO. So he's getting the spectacle match against...Tobei? Not sure yet, but Tobei's white hot right now and a great heel foil to SATO. Although...this work with SATO might backfire at some point. He's loyal to PGHW and I'm currently in a financial position that I levied so many huge risks that they must payoff. And if he leaves SAISHO as the titlist I can only hope he keeps it in the AAGP. I hate changing titles without a huge match or some level of showmanship and tournaments are a bit of a brain drain to setup outside of the A-1 tag and singles events.

January 2021 to March 2021 Major company events

- BCG "fired shots" and tried to poach Lion Genji from me. So I locked him down to a huge 2yr contract. (he's loyal, so it wasn't hard and I should have tried a smarter contract).

- I responded to BCG and poached Giant Brody from them. Another large contract, but not painful. I'm now starting to open pandora's box.

- To control the recently hemorrhaged financial situation, I sent as much under exp'ed talent as I could outside of SAISHO. I was able to get 14 guys off the books for the time being. Most of these were young lions I foolishly picked up and have been largely ineffective. Karan Kumar injured Shogo in a pre-show match so I sent him to ELPW based on his skillset. He has had 3 matches with them and has injured all of his opponents. Oops.

- I cut into the roster further, realigning talent, rebuilding new tag teams, and dropping every veteran that has gone cold and or failed to register with the fans.

- Pandora's box blew wide open: Valiant, Bulldozer Brendan Smith, AND Namboko Makuda are not re-signing with their respective companies. Valiant was already let go with the other 2 confirmed not returning. Their stats at puro are eyepopping. Valiant's not quite that, but "big in Japan" and useful. I offered contracts to all 3. Valiant was the first to sign and made a mark in the A-1 right away. If the other 2 sign....I am so screwed...but I will ruin SAISHO in attempts to make or break this growing federation (because for fun). I'm on the bleeding edge of financial danger but could very well skyrocket to the top with these guys. Either way, I'm having fun so I'm down for whatever happens at this point.

- I do have a really drastic & boring "back to basics" financial plan if things get sour...but I'm hesitant to employ that. Not sure if I'd rather start over or rebuild. Knowing me...rebuild...

Outside of SAISHO

- Major talent is moving. The big three US companies are shedding older guys like no big deal and locking in young wrestlers and blockbuster headliners.

- Tommy Cornell is back at TCW reeling off huge matches with Aaron Andrews and anybody else that steps into the ring with him.

- Edward Cornell went to SWF and is getting a lot of momentum climbing into their main event picture.

- Faust looks like he's busy putting over the younger main event 21CW talent, who are killing it by the way.

- Mexican and Oceanic companies have been fairly consistent except for ZEN who seem to be slipping a little due to some bad luck injuries and poor show matchups. AAGP is probably the best thing they can do when they can afford it.

- Female wrestling is getting hot and WINNOW is open for business. I'm watching them and getting ideas from how the AI picked up their talent.

- Europe's smaller feds seem poised to fail. So I've shortlisted the best prospects and I'm watching them. Can't really do anything other than that now that I'm nearly strapped or cash.