GDS 'Favourite Wrestler Ever' Grand Final RESULTS/DISCUSSION

keefmoon

So the time is here, it's all finished and the results are in. The result being... Ready? Ric Flair (25) def The Undertaker (21) [B]Ric Flair is officially the favourite wrestler on the GDS boards.[/B] I'm pretty sure these were the scores, for some reason when adding them up I kept getting different totals! But I got this one three times in a row and most were within one of this, so the winner is indisputable, which is the important thing. I'd like to thank everyone who has voted in this as it has been as good a tournament as I could have hoped. Despite the amount of work involved, I've really enjoyed it and I think honestly, the best man won. When you consider everything Flair has achieved, and that he has been perhaps the "ultimate" pro wrestler, I think we've got the right winner. And despite the recent criticism on a different competition, I think the format and timings have worked a treat, as people were voting right up to four minutes before closing time. It was really close the whole way thorugh but eventually "Naitch" just sprinted ahead. Once again thanks to all who have voted and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have. Keefmoon.

thanks for putting in the legwork buddy, slightly dis-appointed in the outcome. But i guess thats because i have seen a lot more of Ric Flairs more recent work, rather then his stuff in his hey day. Lets be truly honest if you judged either finalist on modern day form, neither would have made the final would they?

Thanks for the support guys. I agree that if it was best today, then neither man would be in the final, but it was favourite ever. I suspect that had people seen more of Flair in his heyday then this wouldn't have been as close. But a spreviously said, the last few were always going to from the last 15 years, in the WWE and maybe WCW. Aside from Michaels and Austin, I don't know who else could have realistically been in the final instead of Flair and 'Taker.

Even today, to me Ric Flair went from such a great performer/great for the company, etc... And although he cannot do what he has in the past, I still give him props over 90% of everyone I've seen out there. He still goes the highest in the air when taking those dang flipping slam. He is like a piece of leather..... I don't think you can actually hurt the guy anymore. I have always wanted to see a huge feud between him and McMahan, for some reason. I don't really like McMahan feuds, but I think that would probably rock, pluss put Flair right back where he should be.

They did a Flair/McMahon feud. Flair showed up as "owner" of WCW/ECW. Street Fight at RR 02. Vince loses and then flips out which brings in the nWo. Flair feuds with Taker through WM. Then Vince beats Flair on Raw for 100% ownership and brings in Steph and Bischoff as GMs. Because of their history, I always thought a Bischoff/Flair feud would've been interesting. but I doubt most current fans would know what their fighting about.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;217461]They did a Flair/McMahon feud. Flair showed up as "owner" of WCW/ECW. Street Fight at RR 02. Vince loses and then flips out which brings in the nWo. Flair feuds with Taker through WM. Then Vince beats Flair on Raw for 100% ownership and brings in Steph and Bischoff as GMs. Because of their history, I always thought a Bischoff/Flair feud would've been interesting. but I doubt most current fans would know what their fighting about.[/QUOTE] you are part right...... he showed up after the invasion was over. he was billed as co-owner of WWF after shane and steph sold there stake in the company to him prior to there "purchase" of wcw/ecw. he was NEVER the storyline owner of wcw/ecw.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Undertaker, to be the man, you have got to beat... the man, and you just didn't do it, partner! WOOOOOO!! Oh hell yeah I'm happy with that, either him or Bret Hart had to win it. They to me epitomize the best all around attributes that a professional wrestler should be. Charismatic Great in ring Ability to sell like a wounded squirrel Can go face or heel well Incredibly over Ability to carry a company Durability Adaptability WOOOOO!! Go Ric Flair.

[QUOTE=tristram;217521]WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Undertaker, to be the man, you have got to beat... the man, and you just didn't do it, partner! WOOOOOO!! Oh hell yeah I'm happy with that, either him or Bret Hart had to win it. They to me epitomize the best all around attributes that a professional wrestler should be. Charismatic Great in ring Ability to sell like a wounded squirrel Can go face or heel well Incredibly over Ability to carry a company Durability Adaptability WOOOOO!! Go Ric Flair.[/QUOTE] HBK beats Hart and Flair in those categories, in my opinion :)

In his defence, HBK is a lot more charismatic than Bret Hart, whereas Hart is better at mat-based. the rest I'd say they're tied. Austin is better than both, all-round. Ric Flair was better than Austin. The Rock was equal to Ric Flair.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *chop* woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo big ups to keefmoon for putting in the time and effort for all of us here on the boards! plus he had to deal with all of us, especially panix......ouch. good stuff keefy, thanks a lot!

[QUOTE=Jasx12;217537]HBK beats Hart and Flair in those categories, in my opinion :)[/QUOTE] No I don't disagree mate, it's certainly subjective. The way I term it is all-round abilities, certainly HBK is another one who can be put into that category. Probably the likes of Angle, Jericho, Guerrero and Sting, arguably, there are other greats like Steamboat and Benoit who don't filful all obligations in these categories. One thing's certain, wrestling is still the bee's knees and Ric Flair "WOOOO!" he's still GDS's man! :)

Archived