[QUOTE=badbeat;227971]ok see.. when im talking about pre booking.. .i'm talking about ahead of time picking the matchups and the order of fights before the event. listing the main card and undercard if its a tv event, and a swing bout.[/QUOTE] That actually isn't a bad idea for an MMA game, I actually like the idea. But the advanced booking should be able to be done months in advance for some matches as UFC does,

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Capelli King;227973]Again i see you did not play TEW. In TEW you pre booked fights. This took about half the time that the actual booking took. Then you would need to book everyting again which was time consuming. What is being proposed is that all that instead of needing to book everything again, you could simply use all the prebooked matches, by simply clicking on them, making of corse any last minute changes if needed.[/QUOTE] i dont understand booking, the rebooking, and booking again lol...

[QUOTE=badbeat;228145]i dont understand booking, the rebooking, and booking again lol...[/QUOTE] Booking the what is done on the night. Rebooking is to "manually" book what you had already prebooked or "advance booked". Basically what my point is to save time you could announce the card in advance "advance booking". Then on the night of the fight, you simply "download" or what ever you want to call it, that prebooked card saving you time in booking the whole card again. Of corse you can make some changes, but most people expect to see the advance booked card. I have been playing booking sims now for like almost 10 years. Since the first EWR, PW ect when booking games were just freeware and later the TEW series. I can tell you that when you are booking loads of cards, you want the process too move quickly! I other words, every extra click you need to make, plays a role. Most people to not like the actually process of clicking extra screens! So when advance booking you are "effectively" booking a whole card twice. In a booking sim, booking is one of the most important and time consuming process (dah!). I like the idea of advance booking only if the pre announced card can simply be used on the night. So maybe (if comparing to the TEW layout), you will have on your left and option saying "advance booking), you click there and you have the advance booked fights for that date, you quickly click on which order you want the fights ( a note can be next to fights with missing fighters due to injuries ect). and that is it, card ready! It saves you time, clicking to find out which fights you had planned, then going through the list of fighters, clicking on each fighter individually, clicking on the format of the fight, then clicking if it is a title fight ect ect ect. That is allot of click saving! Did you get that?

[QUOTE=Capelli King;228238]Booking the what is done on the night. Rebooking is to "manually" book what you had already prebooked or "advance booked". Basically what my point is to save time you could announce the card in advance "advance booking". Then on the night of the fight, you simply "download" or what ever you want to call it, that prebooked card saving you time in booking the whole card again. Of corse you can make some changes, but most people expect to see the advance booked card. I have been playing booking sims now for like almost 10 years. Since the first EWR, PW ect when booking games were just freeware and later the TEW series. I can tell you that when you are booking loads of cards, you want the process too move quickly! I other words, every extra click you need to make, plays a role. Most people to not like the actually process of clicking extra screens! So when advance booking you are "effectively" booking a whole card twice. In a booking sim, booking is one of the most important and time consuming process (dah!). I like the idea of advance booking only if the pre announced card can simply be used on the night. So maybe (if comparing to the TEW layout), you will have on your left and option saying "advance booking), you click there and you have the advance booked fights for that date, you quickly click on which order you want the fights ( a note can be next to fights with missing fighters due to injuries ect). and that is it, card ready! It saves you time, clicking to find out which fights you had planned, then going through the list of fighters, clicking on each fighter individually, clicking on the format of the fight, then clicking if it is a title fight ect ect ect. That is allot of click saving! Did you get that?[/QUOTE] Oh ok. To me that should all be done in advance once.... i guess i didnt consider you'd have to do it twice because it doesnt make sense to even do it more than once. Unless an injury pops up and u have to fill in or something... when u sign the fights you should pick the order, assign amount of rounds (ie 3-5 rounds), wahtever... and be ALLOWED to change it up to fight day but shouldnt have to after you've done it the first time.

[QUOTE=badbeat;228263]Oh ok. To me that should all be done in advance once.... i guess i didnt consider you'd have to do it twice because it doesnt make sense to even do it more than once. Unless an injury pops up and u have to fill in or something... when u sign the fights you should pick the order, assign amount of rounds (ie 3-5 rounds), wahtever... and be ALLOWED to change it up to fight day but shouldnt have to after you've done it the first time.[/QUOTE] Exactly my point! To me sitting and doing the booking twice is a waste. But that is how it is in TEW for those which use the advance booking. Of corse there is a serious difference in the 2. 1 is wrestling, where appart from the booking of matches you have allot of "hyping, storylines, angles, turn ect. So pre booking all of this in advance is impossible. In WMMA we basically have to fights to arrange and thats about it when it comes to the booking side.

Archived