MAW 2011: Wrestling, Assault, Militia

[CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAW-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW End Of Days – Friday, Week 4, December 2010 – 2,000 sell-out at North Carolina Biker Museum[/B] Shingen Miyazaki def. Jared Johnson (C+) [U]MAW Traditional title[/U] Casey Valentine (c) def. Adam Maltravers (C-) Joey Beuchamp def. Steve Flash (C) Jonnie Perez def. Joseph Jerome (E) Total spotfest – and the fans hated it The Keith Brothers def. Joss Thompson and Al Coleman (C-) Steven Parker def. Antonio (C) [U]MAW Touring title[/U] James Casey (c) def. Hugh de Aske (C) [U]MAW Tag Team title[/U] The Canadian Blondes (c) def. Barry Kingman and Nate Johnson For the first time in four years, Rip Chord stepped into a MAW ring, to a tremendous reaction from the crowd. “[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Thank you, good to know that people still remember me. My name is Rip Chord, the president of MAW, and I have an announcement to make. There’s going to be a slight change to the Rip Chord Invitational tournament next month. Next month, the finest female independent workers will be lining up to compete in the RCI – and the winner will become not only the RCI champion, but also the first-ever MAW Women’s champion![/COLOR]” (C) [U]MAW Heavyweight title[/U] Frankie Perez and “Machine” Jean Cattley (c) drew at one fall each in a 30-minute Iron Submission match (B-) [B]Show overall: C[/B][/CENTER] * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/RipChord.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JamesCasey.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]"Sure this is going to work, kid?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Hell no – but we’ve got nothing to lose, Rip.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]"We’ve got a hundred-sixty grand to lose, kid. I don’t want to see too much red ink around here."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Rip, a hundred grand of that is profit since I came here – and we can make more if we keep expanding. But there’s going to be red along the way.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]"How long?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Six months, maybe... I don’t know. I don’t know how long it’ll take us to improve things outside the Mid Atlantic. We’ve been breaking even, or close, on the weekly shows – but we can’t keep asking people to give their all in front of ten men and a pig in a dress.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]"Ah – maybe you’re right. Hey, it’s like back in the old days. We used to have A-shows and B-shows back then."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“And now we’re going to have three A-shows, Rip. Three times the quality.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]"And three times the work."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“More money, though.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]"Coming in, I hope,"[/COLOR] Rip growled, once more looking at the bottom line. [COLOR="Navy"]“More merchandise sold, more tickets sold. Hey, even if we only work at small venues, selling them out will be a great thing. And once people see Frankie and Jean and, wow, some of these girls...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]"I still can’t believe I let you convince me to push the T&A angle, kid."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Not much, Rip. Not much at all – but every little helps. And I want these women to be treated equally. We’ve asked some of the guys to do stupid things before now – remember those silver get-ups we put Tempest and Phenomenal E into?”[/COLOR] There was a pause as we remembered Titans X, a sci-fi/futuristic themed team that had briefly been MAW Tag champs. Most notable for the silver speedos they’d worn as ring gear, neither man had done well as singles after the team split. Phenomenal E had since moved on, while a repackaged Tempest(uous A) had turned heel, but was still reminded by long-term fans about his decidedly skimpy former ring gear – that package, the packaging that came with it, and the constant display of his package that was a direct (and unforeseen) result, seemed destined to haunt him for years to come. [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Well, they got over for a couple of months,”[/COLOR] Rip said. [COLOR="SeaGreen"]“You think that the women can do that too?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Longer than a couple of months,”[/COLOR] I said. [COLOR="Navy"]“And most of it will be in the ring. It’ll work, Rip.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]"It’ll need to,"[/COLOR] he said. Rip always was the pessimistic half of our partnership. * A little history [I]may[/I] be in order. At the end of 2006 I, James Casey, was fired by 21CW in Britain. Using my severance pay to travel to the States and look for work, I’d ended up walking into Stanley Hall, the 200-seat community hall-come-wrestling venue, and been given the job of head booker for MAW in a fit of frustration by Rip Chord. Jean Cattley, MAW’s workhorse and go-to guy, had quit the job when Mainstream Hernandez, the company’s bright hope for the future, broke his deal with the company and left for RIPW and a developmental deal with the SWF. Four years later, Hernandez is still in RIPW, and 21CW have floundered. In that time, MAW have sprinted onwards and ever upwards, with original stars like Jean Cattley, Steven Parker, Antonio and tag teams Natural Storm and the Canadian Blondes being joined by notable newcomers such as Marc Speed, Trent Shaffer, Steve Flash, Casey Valentine and Jonnie and Frankie Perez. The rise began when I talked Rip into putting footage from our shows online, which gradually spread the MAW word – and the word was good. Parker and Rayne were our standard bearers in the early days, carrying the MAW title for most of the first year and a half. Then Jean got the belt, his second reign. Two and a half years later, he’s seen off all challengers, including myself on more than one occasion. The MAW Heavyweight title is now one of the most prestigious belts in the industry. Long reigns weren’t confined to the Heavyweight belt, either. Jonnie and Frankie Perez had toppled the Keith Brothers to begin a Tag title reign that lasted over a year and a half, while Casey Valentine, only our second-ever MAW Traditional champion, had held that title for nearly two years. Recently the Blondes had toppled the Perez brothers for the Tag belts shortly after a double-turn saw the Perez’s become among the most hated workers in the company, while the previously reviled Blondes had the fans on their side for the first time. This freed up Frankie Perez to go after the Heavyweight title, while his brother, having benefited from a year under his brother’s tutelage, is one of MAW’s rising stars. Frankie and Jean have now faced off twice, with each match ending in a draw. Their final match will take place at the Rip Chord Invitational. Elsewhere, the MAW undercard has been working hard, touring the country in weekly shows that have helped spread the MAW gospel. A Touring belt was created, which I won and have held for about five months. As the most over worker on the touring roster, I justified it by saying that I was most use as a figurehead – and there was little point in me pulling attention away from A.N. Other champion. And there was the not inconsiderable matter of my ego to take into account... Creating a new title just for myself? Yeah – and one day I’ll be SWF and TCW champion too, when I buy them out and turn them into brands. Actually, I’d not been too bad. When I joined MAW, I was one of the two or three most talented workers, although now I was down in the middle of the pack. I knew my role, and lost to people who needed a boost upwards, including Jean on a number of occasions, as we had great chemistry together. So that’s MAW right now. MAW at the end of the Rip Chord Invitational, however, was going to look really quite different. * [CENTER]MAW Titleholders as of 1st January 2011 [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MeanJeanCattley.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Heavyweight[/B] “Machine” Jean Cattley (2) – Won April 2008 – 31 Defences DC Rayne – Won April 2007 – 10 Defences Steven Parker – Won July 2006 “Machine” Jean Cattley – Won December 2005 [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FlashSavage.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/OscarGolden.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Tag Team[/B] The Canadian Blondes (Oscar Golden (2) and Flash Savage (2)) – Won October 2010 – 1 Defence The Perez Brothers (Frankie and Jonnie) – Won March 2009 – 17 Defences The Keith Brothers (Greg and Matthew) – Won August 2008 – 5 Defences Titans X (Phenomenal E and Tempestuous A) – Won March 2008 – 3 Defences The Italian Masters (Antonio and Raphael) – Won September 2007 – 5 Defences American Awesome (Eddie Howard (3) and Des Davids) – Mon May 2007 Vacant – DC Rayne wins MAW Heavyweight Title and gives up his half of the titles Natural Storm (Eddie Howard (2) and DC Rayne (2)) – Won August 2006 The Canadian Blondes (Oscar Golden and Flash Savage) – Won March 2006 Natural Storm (DC Rayne and Eddie Howard) – Won December 2005 [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/CaseyValentine.jpg[/IMG] [B]Rip Chord Invitational[/B] 2010 – Casey Valentine – def James Casey 2009 – James Casey – def. Casey Valentine 2008 – “Stormy” Cal Sanders – def. Marc Speed 2007 – Marc Speed – def. James Casey 2006 – Mainstream Hernandez [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/CaseyValentine_alt1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Traditional[/B] Casey Valentine – Won December 2008 – 26 Defences TJ Bailey – Won July 2008 – 3 Defences [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JamesCasey.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Touring[/B] James Casey – Won October 2010 – 10 Defences[/CENTER] * [B][U] Rip Chord Invitational preview - January 2011[/U][/B] [U]MAW Heavyweight Title[/U] – “Machine” Jean Cattley (c) vs. Frankie Perez - Best of Three Falls, no time limit [B]Rip Chord Invitational and MAW Women’s Title Tournament – First Round[/B] Alicia Strong vs. Huntress Makiko Sara Marie York vs. Steph Blake Raven Nightfall vs. Yuma Maruya Kit Hatoyama vs. Grace Harper [U] MAW Tag Team Title[/U] – The Canadian Blondes (c) vs. Natural Storm PLUS! The Touring and Traditional titles will be defended Book your seats now – they’re selling like Jim Force action figures on eBay!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Solid start. There have been several good MAW dynasties on this forum, but it's a nice change of pace to see one where there gameworld has advanced so much. Interesting move to add the element of Women's wrestling to the promotion, I'll be interested to see what happens with that.

[QUOTE=MaxxHexx;226267]Do Jim Force action figures sell well on eBay?[/QUOTE] So well that it's the only reasonable comparison, trust me :) [QUOTE]Solid start. There have been several good MAW dynasties on this forum, but it's a nice change of pace to see one where there gameworld has advanced so much. Interesting move to add the element of Women's wrestling to the promotion, I'll be interested to see what happens with that.[/QUOTE] Hey, thanks. I tried to do a from-day-one diary a while back, but I was struggling with it. This will be a little more simple - and more character based, as I'd say that it's easier to write angles and storylines than it is to write matches that hook people in. So, yeah, different approach, different style... Heck, different decade. Y'all should probably still check out shipshirt's [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19454"]diary[/URL], though :p

[QUOTE=Chriswok;226399]We're using the same cut for our user person :D [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JamesCasey.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] I use Lee Bambino or what ever that backyard feds announcer was named for my image...

Heh. Already more comments than on my last diary... And I used to use that picture for Joseph "Panda Mask II" Jerome - but decided I liked it so much that I'd use it for myself, rather than Jack Avatar's. * [CENTER][B]MAW The Rip Chord Invitational – Friday, Week 4, January 2011 – 2,000 sell-out at North Carolina Biker Museum [/B] [B]MAW Tag Team Titles[/B] [U]Canadian Blondes (c) def. Natural Storm[/U] A medium-paced opener, with each man taking his turn on offence. Oscar Golden pinned Eddie Howard to ensure his team retained (D+) Rip Chord entered the ring, microphone in hand, but before he could say anything, James Casey’s music hit, and the MAW Touring champion came out. [COLOR="Navy"]“Rip, what the hell is this? Women in MAW? Have you finally gone senile, you old jackass? Why the hell are you letting women in the RCI? That’s my tournament, Rip. I’ve won it before, and been in the final twice beyond that – and now I’m not even entered? Hell – I don’t even know who I’m facing tonight, which is a calculated insult against your biggest star. And can I ask what you were thinking when you cancelled the touring shows this month? What in the name of all that’s holy is the point of me being the Touring champion when we’re not out on tour? Answer me, you crazy old drunk!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]“Well now, I was going to make my big announcement right now, kid, but you do raise a good point. What is the point of a Touring champion, when MAW’s no longer a touring promotion. Good point, kid.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“That’s not what I-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]“You see, I was thinking this month that with the changes coming up for MAW, and I’ll be telling you all about those later on, well, we don’t really need a Touring champion. So here’s the deal. The posters for tonight promised these good people that the Touring and Traditional champions would be in competition – and they will. Tonight, Casey Valentine and James Casey will face each other in a title unification match!”[/COLOR] Rip left the ring, and James Casey had a minor fit (C) [U]R1: Alicia Strong def. Huntress Makiko[/U] The aggressive, brawling, Makiko held the early advantage, prior to Strong feeding off the fan’s support and mounting a comeback. Strong took the win with a Stronghold, but it was a close match, with the two women having great chemistry (C+) [U]R1: Steph Blake def. Sara Marie York[/U] The patriotic York rallied the crowd behind her in her attempt to try to upend the British brawler. Both women impressed, with York nearly edging her opponent with an Energy Burst, only to fall victim to a Blake’s Sever to end her challenge. (D+) [U]R1: Raven Nightfall def. Yuma Maruya[/U] The vampiric Nightfall strikes an impressive figure, especially pitted against the childlike Maruya, who had little reply to Raven’s vicious assault. Raven finished with her Night Crawler STF, with an added neck bite for effect (C-) [U]R1: Kit Hatoyama def. Grace Harper[/U] The heavily favoured Harper underestimated her experienced foe here, and it cost her, as Hatoyama had an answer for everything Harper tried, finally putting her away with a Hatoyama Driver in a big upset (C-) [U]Steven Parker def. “Stormy” Cal Sanders[/U] If I’m guilty of anything other than putting titles on myself, its using workers with good chemistry to fill in gaps. Such was the case here, as the veteran Sanders showed why he’s so useful – but it was the charismatic and exciting Parker who took the win with a Future Shock (C) [U]SF: Alicia Strong def. Steph Blake[/U] A straightforward victory for the favourite in this clash. While the match was even, the fans response to Strong meant that no-one was surprised when she took the win with a Strongarm (C) [U]SF: Kit Hatoyama def. Raven Nightfall[/U] Hatoyama continued to surprise, starting with a flurry of kicks that had Nightfall on the defensive. Raven cheated her way back on top, but when the ref caught her using the ropes to aid her Night Crawler attempt, she lost her advantage, and fell victim to a Hatoyama Driver (D+) [B]MAW Traditional Title vs. MAW Touring Title[/B] [U]Casey Valentine def. James Casey[/U] A fast-paced clash between the hated Casey and the increasingly popular Valentine, who could be on the verge of a face turn. With both titles on the line, both men gave their all, but it was Valentine’s Kiss Of Death that sealed the win as he unified the two titles (C) [B]Rip Chord Invitational and MAW Women’s Title: Tournament Final[/B] [U]Final: Alicia Strong def. Kit Hatoyama[/U] While Hatoyama put up a fine fight, and at one point had Strong prepped for a Hatoyama Driver, she was fading fast. Her younger, faster opponent took the win and the titles with a Stronghold, putting her in the early lead for MAW Woman of the Year (C) Rip re-entered the ring, with the RCI trophy and new Women’s title belt in hand. He gave Strong the trophy, which she held aloft as Chord strapped the belt around her waist. Rip then took the microphone: [COLOR="SeaGreen"]“Tonight we’ve seen two titles unified, and one new title being won. Next up, the war between Frankie Perez and Jean Cattley will finally be settled in a no time limit match. It’s an exciting time to be a MAW fan – and its about to become even more so. Three times more so, in fact. “You see, MAW is growing fast – in fact, it’s the fastest rising promotion in the country. We want to grow even faster. So we’ve decided that from now on, there will be three times the action each month as MAW becomes a tri-brand promotion. One brand will be headlined by the Heavyweight champion, one brand by Traditional champion Casey Valentine, and one brand, dedicated solely to women’s wrestling, will be headlined by our new Women’s champion, Alicia Strong. “Please keep an eye on MAW.com over the next week or so to find out how the brands will be set up. Our first split show will take place in two weeks time, with Casey Valentine defending his Traditional title in the main event.”[/COLOR] (E) [B]MAW Heavyweight Title[/B] [U]Frankie Perez def. “Machine” Jean Cattley (c) by two falls to one[/U] Where this pair’s previous matches had been cagey affairs, almost Japanese in their slow build ups and furious conclusions, this was all-out attack from the beginning, as though they wanted to show the women they could compete at their level. Perez dominated the first fall, pinning Cattley in less than six minutes. Cattley regrouped and levelled with a Machine Lock in the twenty-fifth minute. The two threw everything at each other in the final fall, until Perez locked on a P-Clutch to end Cattley’s incredible 2 ½ year reign just shy of forty minutes (C) [B]Show overall: C[/B][/CENTER] [I]OOC: Disappointing final match, considering the same pairing had scored B- for their first two matches. Otherwise a solid show, and eased my fears about MAW fans rejecting the women.[/I] * Backstage was something of a strange atmosphere. Workers said goodbye to each other, in many cases knowing that they wouldn’t see each other again until the three brands crossed paths in October, at Where It All Begins Again. Frankie and Jean were deep in conversation. Although scheduled for different brands, both were professionals, and neither was entirely happy with their match. Financially, the month had been a big success, as January often was for us. With fewer workers used, and fewer shows held, we’d turned a 13,000 dollar profit. We didn’t expect that to happen every month – but with a little luck, we’d make it through the next six months without too many angry letters from the bank. Over to one side, I spotted some of our more recent arrivals. A number of the women knew one another from Japan and AAA, while our two most recent male signings, KC Glenn and Sayeed Ali, were chatting awkwardly with one another. The two-thousand seat arena inside the Museum was now empty, and I couldn’t help but smile as thought about how far we’d come. I grimaced, though, as I turned a little too fast to meet Rip as he came through the door into the locker room. I’d be 31 in a few weeks – time to start thinking about life after the ring. Or not – Rip was twice my age, and had devoted his life to the business. I guess I could wait a few more months. Or years. The wrestlers slowly departed the Museum, leaving me, Rip and Jean to close up. With the doors locked and lights off, we sat on a bench outside and shared a bottle of soda, out of deference to Rip. [COLOR="SeaGreen"]“Where it all begins again,”[/COLOR] Rip said, looking at the rosters, which the three of us had finalised that day. [COLOR="SeaGreen"]“Kid, I hope this is going to work – but dammit if we aint gonna be giving it our best shot, even if we fail.”[/COLOR] * [QUOTE][I][B]From MAW.com[/B][/I] The final drafts have been made for MAW's three brands, and the brand presidents have named their brands and signed all the contracts. The bands will be as follows: Assault, featuring the Traditional title; Militant, featuring the Women's title; and Wrestling, featuring the Heavyweight title. [U]MAW’s Three-Way Roster Split[/U] [B]Assault – Shows to be held second Friday of the month[/B] Main Event [COLOR="Navy"]“Machine” Jean Cattley - [B]MAW Original[/B] Greg Keith Matthew Keith[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Barry Kingman Shingen Miyazaki[/COLOR] Upper Midcard [COLOR="Navy"]Antonio - [B]MAW Original[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Nate Johnson[/COLOR] Midcard [COLOR="Navy"]Adam Matravers Erik Strong - [B]MAW Original[/B] Jared Johnson Max Mayhem - [B]MAW Original[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Ash Campbell Casey Valentine - [B]MAW Traditional Champion[/B] Jonnie Perez Sayeed Ali[/COLOR] Lower Midcard [COLOR="Navy"]Daredevil Aero[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Al Coleman Edward Cornell Mark Smart Tempest[/COLOR] Opener Enhancement [COLOR="Navy"]“Kamikaze” Christian Vars[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]El Bestia Purpura[/COLOR] * [B]Militant – Shows to be held third Friday of the month[/B] Main Event[COLOR="Navy"] Alicia Strong - [B]MAW Women's Champion[/B] ??? ??? Tracy Brendon[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]??? Raven Nightfall ???[/COLOR] Upper Midcard [COLOR="Navy"]Kristabel Plum Thunder Hike Sara Marie York[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Steph Blake Tsuki Kawamata[/COLOR] Midcard [COLOR="Navy"]Kit Hatoyama Yuma Maruya[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Dragon Assassin Huntess Mariko Saeko Hiroyuki[/COLOR] Lower Midcard [COLOR="Navy"]Umeko Karube[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Agent 69 Stephanie Wade[/COLOR] Opener [COLOR="Red"]Nadia Snow[/COLOR] Enhancement [COLOR="Navy"]Sally Anne Christianson [/COLOR] * [B] Wrestling – Shows to be held fourth Friday of the month[/B] Main Event [COLOR="Navy"]Steve Flash Steven Parker - [B]MAW Original[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Frankie Perez - [B]MAW Heavyweight Champion[/B][/COLOR] Upper Midcard [COLOR="Navy"]Hugh de Aske Oscar Golden - [B]MAW Original & MAW Tag Team Champion[/B] Marc Speed[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]DC Rayne - [B]MAW Original[/B] Eddie Howard - [B]MAW Original[/B] James Casey[/COLOR] Midcard [COLOR="Navy"]Amazing Firefly Flash Savage - [B]MAW Original & MAW Tag Team Champion[/B] Joseph Jerome[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Arthur Dexter Bradley Joss Thompson Julian Watson[/COLOR] Lower Midcard [COLOR="Red"]“Stormy” Cal Sanders Joey Beauchamp[/COLOR] Opener [COLOR="Navy"]Kiemon Yoshimatsu[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Evil Spirit Nigel Svennssonn[/COLOR] Enhancement [COLOR="Red"]Morgoth Silencer[/COLOR] * The first card of this new era has been announced, and is for Assault's first show, Explosion: [U]MAW Traditional title[/U] "Machine" Jean Cattley vs. Casey Valentine (c) Adam Matravers vs. Jonnie Perez Antonio vs. Mark Smart KC Glenn vs. Sayeed Ali Jared Johnson vs. Shingen Miyazaki [/QUOTE] Predictions welcome!

You've drawn me in with the backstory, and I like how you've shaped MAW up to be in '11. "Machine" Jean Cattley vs. [B]Casey Valentine[/B] (c) Adam Matravers vs. [B]Jonnie Perez[/B] [B]Antonio[/B] vs. Mark Smart KC Glenn vs. [B]Sayeed Ali[/B] Jared Johnson vs. [B]Shingen Miyazaki[/B]

[B]"Machine" Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Casey Valentine (c) Adam Matravers vs. [B]Jonnie Perez[/B] Antonio vs. [B]Mark Smart[/B] KC Glenn vs. [B]Sayeed Ali[/B] [B]Jared Johnson[/B] vs. Shingen Miyazaki Very nice backstory. You've got at reader in me for sure. Nice to see a "different" MAW right from the get go. (No disrespect intended to any other MAW diary on here of course)

[I]OOC: Props to Trypio for the MAW title belts.[/I] * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAW-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Assault presents: Explosion – Friday Week 2, February 2011 – 394 at The Asylum, MI[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JaredJohnson.jpg[/IMG][U]Jared Johnson def. Shingen Miyazaki[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ShingenMiyazaki.jpg[/IMG] Miyazaki has been a stable but unspectacular worker since joining MAW, while Johnson has shown flashes of brilliance, despite ending up the loser more often than not. This was a basic warm-up match, with the babyface Johnson going over clean in an evenly contested match with the MDK Powerbomb [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SayeedAli.jpg[/IMG][U]Sayeed Ali def. KC Glenn[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KCGlenn.jpg[/IMG] Two young workers made their first MAW appearances in this match, although KC Glenn might as well not have bothered. Ali impressed by brutalising the teenage Glenn, who bumped for twenty en route to a painful-looking G.B.H. Driver and a debut loss [B](D)[/B] “Machine” Jean Cattley came to the ring. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“I don’t have any gold around my waist. For the first time in nearly three years, I don’t have a title to show the world, to prove how good a wrestler I am. “Damn sure I’m not about to accept that. Hell, I’ll do anything to get a title – and standing in my way tonight is that little punk Casey Valentine. Oh, sure, he’s the longest-reigning champion – but only because I had one bad night. I’m not going to have a second one, but I guarantee that Casey Valentine is in for the worst night of his life.”[/COLOR] [B](E)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AdamMatravers.jpg[/IMG][U]Adam Matravers def. Jonnie Perez[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JonniePerez.jpg[/IMG] Jonnie Perez is coming off a Tag Title reign with his brother Frankie, but should not be mistaken for the big star that his brother is. He still has a lot to learn. Matravers is midcard for life, but is a competent worker who helped Jonnie through this match, and picked up the win with a spectacular Mile High Moonsault [B](D+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MarkSmart_alt.jpg[/IMG][U]Mark Smart def. Antonio[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/Antonio.jpg[/IMG] Antonio is one of the remaining MAW originals, and comfortable in the upper-midcard. Mark Smart is a promising up-and-comer, who needs the occasional victory over better-known foes, such as this match. Smart showed that his name has some meaning as he cheated freely, before hitting a Smart Attack from the top turnbuckle for the pin [B](E+)[/B] [B]MAW Traditional Title[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAWTraditional.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/CaseyValentine.jpg[/IMG][U]Casey Valentine (c) def. “Machine” Jean Cattley[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MeanJeanCattley.jpg[/IMG] The crowd were firmly behind Jean in this match, eager for him to regain some gold after his narrow loss to Frankie Perez at the RCI. It wasn’t to be, however, as Casey Valentine continued his hot streak by getting his first win over Cattley – a foe he’d faced before without success. After a great match featuring several near falls, Valentine took the win with a Kiss of Death [B](D+)[/B] [B]Show overall: D[/B][/CENTER] [I]OOC: Working out some kinks with the show. We lost about $10,000 here, but I’ll wait ‘til month end before I panic – we’ll be holding one show a month in the Mid-Atlantic which should hopefully make up the deficit, once sponsorship is counted in.[/I] * [B]MAW Militant presents: February Femme Fatale[/B] Umeko Karube vs. Agent 69 Yuma Maruya vs. Tsuki Kawamata Kristabel Plum vs. Dragon Assassin Kit Hatoyama vs. Raven Nightfall Suzanne Brazzle and Alicia Strong vs. ??? & ??? Predictions always welcome!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAW-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Militant presents: February Femme Fatale – Friday Week 3, February 2011 – 381 at The Sweat Box, GA[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/Agent69_alt.jpg[/IMG][U]Agent 69 def. Umeko Karube[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/UmekoKarube.jpg[/IMG] Turns out the old Soviet national anthem still gets American crowds booing. Who knew? Agent 69, owner of the offensive ring music, did little to placate the crowd, as she made short work of Kaube, the default crowd favourite, before dropping her with the Soviet Strike [B](D-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MarvEarnest.jpg[/IMG] Marv Earnest entered the ring, and glared at Rip Chord, his broadcast partner. [COLOR="Purple"]“I had a lot to say when Rip asked me to take over the girls’ division here in MAW. ‘No.’ ‘Are you kidding?’ ‘Are you on crack?’ ‘Are you drunk?‘ ‘Are ya back on the crystal meth, there?’ “Suffice to say, I don’t want to be here. I couldn’t care less about women’s wrestling. I don’t think women belong in the ring – I don’t think they have the killer instinct, they’re not strong enough, hell, they disappear every couple of years to have babies. “And yet here I am, brand president, and I’m sat next to that smirking old fool, who’s only here so he can see actual women up close. So I’m going to take every chance I can get to run this pack of damn skirts into the ground! I’m going to make you fail, Chord, by any means necessary!”[/COLOR] Earnest stopped short, and adjusted the knot of his tie, visibly forcing himself to calm down. [COLOR="Purple"]“Of course... there’s some women who I like to see wrestle. And they’ll be here tonight, to rip apart your precious golden girls Strong and Brazzle, Chord. I’m going to make this brand fail – on every possible front!”[/COLOR] [B](E-) [/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/YumaMaruya.jpg[/IMG][U]Yuma Maruya def Tsuki Kawamata[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/TsukiKawamata.jpg[/IMG] The fans weren’t sure what to make of these two workers, as we faced a problem that the Militant brand may struggle with – audience unfamiliarity. It may be wise to keep the foreign workers from forming both sides of a match for now. The action itself was good, though, with Maruya getting the submission win with an Automatic [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/DragonAssassin.jpg[/IMG][U]Dragon Assassin def. Kristabel Plum[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KristabelPlum.jpg[/IMG] This was almost a re-run of the Glenn/Ali match from Explosion, with the brutish Assassin absolutely mauling the popular Plum in a highly impressive display of power. Expect big things from Assassin, who took the win with her trademark Blade Of The Assassin lariat clothesline [B](D+)[/B] On commentary, Marv Earnest exulted over the beating that Plum had taken. [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/RavenNightfall.jpg[/IMG][U]Raven Nightfall def. Kit Hatoyama[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KitHatoyama.jpg[/IMG] Nightfall got her win back in this RCI rematch, this time managing to keep her cheating under the radar as she held Hatoyama at bay prior to locking in the Night Crawler for the submission win[B] (C-)[/B] Earnest got back into the ring. [COLOR="Purple"]“Ladies and gentlemen, I know you will have wanted to see men wrestling, and I’m sure you’re only here by accident, but please stick with us. The two women about to make their debut here are something special, believe me – the only women I’d trust in this men’s business. Ladies and gentlemen... Grace Harper and Wanda Fish!”[/COLOR] The two women came out to a decent reaction from the Georgia crowd, which only grew in intensity as first Suzanne Brazzle and then MAW Women’s champion Alicia Strong made their entrance [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GraceHarper.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/WandaFish.jpg[/IMG][U]Grace Harper and Wanda Fish def. Suzanne Brazzle and Alicia Strong[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SuzanneBrazzle.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AliciaStrong_alt.jpg[/IMG] The two surprise debutants got respectable reactions from the crowd here, but nothing to match Alicia Strong, who in one night has become one of the most over MAW workers. Still, that didn’t save her from a pounding in this match, playing face-in-peril as the heels dominated, before Harper dropped the champ with a Harper’s Bizzare for the big victory, and an almost certain title shot in the future [B](C) Show overall: C-[/B][/CENTER] OOC: Much better – but the fans still hate the angles. Hmmm... * MAW Wrestling presents: All Or Nothing [B]MAW Tag Team Title[/B] The Canadian Blondes (c) vs. Spirit Of The North Steve Flash vs. “Stormy” Cal Sanders Kiemon Yoshimatsu vs. James Casey Hugh de Aske vs. Julian Watson Marc Speed vs. Joss Thompson [B]MAW Heavyweight Title[/B] Amazing Fire Fly vs. Frankie Perez (c) Predictions welcome!

[CENTER][B]MAW Wrestling presents: All Or Nothing – Friday Week 4, February 2011 – 1,621 at Delaware Biker’s Museum, [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MidAtlanticTagTeam.jpg[/IMG] MAW Tag Team Titles[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/OscarGolden.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FlashSavage_alt2.jpg[/IMG][U]Canadian Blondes (c) def. Spirit Of The North[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/EvilSpirit.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/NigelSvennson.jpg[/IMG] Nigel Svennsonn and Evil Spirit work really well as a tag team, but their appearances have been too infrequent to help them get over much. Still, they worked with the Blondes to put on a decent match here, before Golden dropped Spirit with a Golden Shower for the win [B](D)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SteveFlash_alt.jpg[/IMG][U]Steve Flash def. “Stormy” Cal Sanders[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/CalSanders_alt3.jpg[/IMG] Steve Flash is something of a legend, having been there, seen that, and bought the t-shirt. Quite why he’s slumming it in MAW I don’t know, but he’s invaluable to us – even if we don’t tell him that at contract negotiations. Flash and Sanders put on a very good match here, with Flash going over with a Flash Bang [B](C)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JamesCasey.jpg[/IMG] James Casey took the mic prior to his match. [COLOR="Red"]“I may have been robbed of my title, but it’s clear that I’m on the premier brand in wrestling today. My good friend Frankie Perez has the MAW Heavyweight title right now, and I’m okay with that – but if the drunk fool who passes for a matchmaking committee here in Mid Atlantic ever takes a dislike to him, well, I’m going to be first in line to take the gold off whoever has a hand in the crime.”[/COLOR] [B](E+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JamesCasey.jpg[/IMG][U]James Casey def. Kiemon Yoshimatsu[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KiemonYoshimatsu.jpg[/IMG] A fast paced and enjoyable match, with Yoshi showing off his speed. The end came when Casey drilled Yoshi with a Half-Nelson Suplex before adding an arrogant, foot-on-the-chest, cover for the win [B](C)[/B] [U] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/HughdeAske.jpg[/IMG]Hugh de Aske def. Julian Watson[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JulianWatson.jpg[/IMG] Hugh the Pirate is a very silly gimmick that has somehow taken off in MAW, and this win puts him in line for a title shot in the near future. Julian Watson was making his debut here, despite being on the books for almost eighteen months, having shattered his knee shortly before signing. The joys of PPA contracts let us keep him around and enjoy the benefits of having another locker room leader backstage. Oh, and this was a tremendous match, too – match of the year in MAW so far [B](B-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoseThompson.jpg[/IMG] Joss Thompson took the mic. [COLOR="Purple"]“Hey, I’m not saying Marc Speed is old, exactly, but he’s been here a long time and not done anything important. Me, I’m the next big thing, the future, the revolution of wrestling here in MAW. The new wave is about to hit – and there’s nothing anyone, not Rip Chord, not Marc Speed, not anyone, can do about it.”[/COLOR] [B](E)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MarcSpeed.jpg[/IMG][U]Marc Speed def. Joss Thompson[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoseThompson.jpg[/IMG] Thompson’s words appeared at least partially prophetic a few minutes later, as he and Marc Speed rose to the task of following the previous excellent match with a fine effort of their own. It wasn’t quite as good, but it’s the difference between rubies and diamonds, you know? Thompson continued his rise up the card with a Clean Cutter for the mild upset over the veteran Speed [B](C)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FrankiePerez.jpg[/IMG] Frankie Perez took the mic. [COLOR="SeaGreen"]“Seems like everyone has an eye on my title – even my good friend James Casey, who I don’t think I’ve said two words to. Keep your nose out, ya little weasel. I can take care of myself, but I’ll warn anyone who wants to step in the ring with me, I’ll take care of you too.[/COLOR] [B](D-)[/B] [B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MidAtlanticChampionship.jpg[/IMG] MAW Heavyweight Title[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FrankiePerez.jpg[/IMG][U]Frankie Perez (c) def. Amazing Fire Fly[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AmazingFireFly.jpg[/IMG] This was Fly’s chance to prove he could hang in the Main Event, and hang he did. Time issues gave this pair over half-an-hour to wow the Delaware crowd, and they left everything in the ring. In a fantastic finish, Perez was able to convert Fly’s cannonball splash into a Perfect Parity (fisherman’s suplex) for the hair’s breadth victory [B](C+)[/B] [B]Show overall: C[/B][/CENTER] [I]OOC: That’s almost exactly how you book a show – shame about the angles. Apparently I don’t have anyone over enough to put in them. Also, in rearranging the schedule, I somehow missed out on changing AON from a three-hour to a ninety-minute show, so even with an added sixth match, there were still some very tired, very over-used workers out there, which would have detracted from the final ratings.[/I] * We lost about $6,000 in February. We can do that all year – although the vein that’s throbbing in Rip’s forehead makes me think that might not be the best thing for me – or him. * [B]MAW Assault presents: March Madness[/B] Jared Johnson vs. Sayeed Ali Adam Matravers vs. Mark Smart KC Glenn vs. Ash Campbell “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Greg Keith [U]MAW Traditional Title[/U] Matthew Keith vs. Casey Valentine (c) Predictions welcome!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAW-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Assault presents: March Madness – Friday, Week 2, March 2011 – 300 sell-out at Ohio Jewish Centre[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SayeedAli.jpg[/IMG][U]Sayeed Ali def. Jared Johnson[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JaredJohnson.jpg[/IMG] Two winners from last month faced off in this month’s opener. Jared Johnson tried to tie his opponent up, but Ali bulled through the attempts and disoriented Johnson with several hard blows to the face. Ali finished with a G.B.H. Driver for another impressive win[B] (D)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AdamMatravers.jpg[/IMG][U]Adam Matravers def. Mark Smart[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MarkSmart_alt.jpg[/IMG] Smart recently morphed from clean-cut youngster into an emo/punk/whatever hybrid in his search for a character that would click. Matravers has stuck with that brought him to the dance, and this focus allowed him to come out on top here, in a match unlikely to reoccur, as this pairing have no chemistry [B](D-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AshCampbell_alt1.jpg[/IMG][U]Ash Campbell def. KC Glenn[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KCGlenn.jpg[/IMG] Ash “Son of Nemesis, not that he likes to be reminded” Campbell is one of MAW’s less consistent workers, but tonight he was on form, and showed off his talent and charisma en route to a win. KC Glenn, meanwhile, had another rough night, and still has a lot to learn, in this case, how to kick out of a Chainsaw Assault before the referee counts three [B](D)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MatthewGauge.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GregGauge.jpg[/IMG] The Keith brothers were backstage, preparing for their upcoming matches. Matthew has two bundles of straws in his hands, and they take turns drawing them until Greg pulls out a much shorter straw. [COLOR="Blue"]“You always were the lucky one,”[/COLOR] said Greg. [COLOR="Blue"]“And now we draw straws, and you get the title shot.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“Hey, when you beat Cattley tonight, you’ll be first in line for next month – and that’ll be brother against brother.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“That’s true,”[/COLOR] Greg conceded. [COLOR="Blue"]“Still, you know that next month I won’t be going easy on you, just because you’re my brother, right?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“I wouldn’t have it any other way,”[/COLOR] said Matthew as Greg left the dressing room for his match. Matthew then dropped the straws on the table, and it was clear that the bundle he’d been drawing from was all long straws, while Greg’s bundle had been about half short, half long [B](E)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GregGauge.jpg[/IMG][U]Greg Keith def. “Machine” Jean Cattley [/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MeanJeanCattley.jpg[/IMG] Whether the Machine has lost a step of late, only he knows. He put on a typically tidy performance here, but seemed to lack a spark that could be attributed to this being his first non-title match in almost three years. Greg Keith took his biggest victory yet with a Full Moon [B](D+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAWTraditional.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Traditional Title[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/CaseyValentine_alt1.jpg[/IMG][U]Casey Valentine (c) def. Matthew Keith[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MatthewGauge.jpg[/IMG] Greg’s brother Matthew followed him into the ring, but didn’t have the same luck, now a gimmicked bunch of straws to rely on. Seemingly over-eager in his first singles title match, he tried to finish Valentine too early on, allowing the champ to make a comeback and hit the Kiss Of Death for the successful defence[B] (D+)[/B] [B]Show overall: D+[/B][/CENTER] * [I]OOC: The hell? I have never had a proper 'A' show without at least one match scoring C- or better. Very poor... [/I] * [QUOTE] [CENTER][I]MAW.com exclusive[/I] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JimForce.jpg[/IMG] We can exclusively reveal this Saturday that former USPW World champion Jim Force has signed to compete with MAW on a short-term basis. Force is expected to compete in two or three matches on the Wrestling brand, with a view to a possible long-term deal.[/CENTER] [/QUOTE] * [B]MAW Militant presents: Women At War[/B] Thunder Hike vs. Wanda Fish Tracy Brendon vs. Saeko Hiroyuki Suzanne Brazzle vs. Agent 69 Kit Hatoyama and Yuma Maruya vs. Dragon Assassin and Huntress Makiko [U]MAW Women’s Title[/U] Alicia Strong (c) vs. Grace Harper Predictions welcome!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAW-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Militant presents: Women At War – Friday, Week 3, March 2011 – 2,000 sell-out at North Carolina Biker’s Museum[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/WandaFish.jpg[/IMG][U]Wanda Fish def. Thunder Hike[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ThunderHike.jpg[/IMG] From closing the show to jerkin’ the curtain, Wanda Fish has taken a hefty fall in one month – but it’s all because we have faith in her ability to get the show off to a flying start. Honest. Thunder Hike is a great worker (and our highest earning female), and at several points had Fish in trouble, but in the end it was Wanda who had the magic to come out on top, hitting the Dish Of The Day for the surprisingly clean win in a very enjoyable match[B] (C)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MarvEarnest.jpg[/IMG] Marv Earnest took the mic. [COLOR="Red"]“Tonight is the second chance for everyone to see the mighty Grace Harper in action. I don’t have a lot of time for female wrestlers, I think I’ve made that clear, but if my name’s going to be associated with this sorry excuse for a promotion, then I’ll do everything in my power to make sure that at the very least, there’s a champion I can be proud of. So, to that end, if Wanda Fish wants to come down to ringside at any time to, for example, make sure her friend Grace isn’t having trouble with her boots... Well, that’s okay with me. I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for any interference, of course...”[/COLOR] [B](E-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/TracyBrendon.jpg[/IMG][U]Tracy Brendon def. Saeko Hiroyuki[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SaekoHiroyuki.jpg[/IMG] Both women were making their MAW debuts in this match, and keen observers might feel that the result would indicate which of the two was in line for a push. A back and forth match ensued, with Brendon coming out on top with an Idaho Crunch, putting her in line for, well, a match next month, anyway. Maybe... [B](D+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SuzanneBrazzle.jpg[/IMG][U]Suzanne Brazzle def. Agent 69[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/Agent69.jpg[/IMG] All-American girl against unrepentant – if goofy – Soviet spy? The fans enjoy 69’s act, and get into it, but they sure love seeing her taking her lumps as well. East met West as the two workers collided, with 69 trying to brawl her way into the lead, but Brazzle pulling level each time with expertly-timed holds and cinches. 69 eventually grew frustrated and sloppy, leaving her set up for the Brazzle Dazzle and the loss in a fine match [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/DragonAssassin.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/HuntressMakiko.jpg[/IMG][U]Dragon Assassin and Huntress Makiko def. Kit Hatoyama and Yuma Maruya[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KitHatoyama.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/YumaMaruya.jpg[/IMG] Assassin and Makiko are absolutely ruthless, and tore into their mismatched foes from the off, throwing them around the ring with careless abandon, and making their superiority clear. Wisely, they focussed on the younger Maruya, who is small and slight – something neither of her opponents could claim to be. Makiko took the win with a Bow Of The Huntress with which she forced a submission from the hapless Yuma to finish a strong match [B](C)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AliciaStrong_alt.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GraceHarper.jpg[/IMG] God bless AAA, as they loaned us a lot of video footage highlighting the previous battles between Alicia Strong and Grace Harper which, coupled with our own videos of their matches here in MAW, made for an outstanding compilation that had the crowd buzzing about the match that they were about to see [B](C-)[/B] [B]MAW Women’s Title[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AliciaStrong_alt.jpg[/IMG][U]Alicia Strong (c) vs. Grace Harper[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GraceHarper.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]No contest[/I][/B] Strong and Harper tore into one another from the bell, as Marv Earnest abandoned his bored approach to commentary and cheered Harper on. Harper used every low tactic in the book at every conceivable opportunity, even incurring the wrath of the referee when she resorted to a blatant eye gouge. Strong fought back as best as she was able, but every time she built up momentum, Harper bent the rules to cut her off. Eventually, the fight spilled out of the ring, prompting Wanda Fish to make her way down the aisle and watch expectantly. She seized her opportunity as Strong reversed an Irish whip and sent Harper into the ringpost. With the referee checking on Harper, Fish pounced on Strong, clotheslining her down and setting her up for a Blonde Ambition. However, before she could complete the move, a brunette woman leapt over the guardrail and pulled her off Strong, before rolling her into the ring. The woman mounted the turnbuckles as the crowd buzzed with anticipation, before she hit a perfect J-Rocker to an enormous pop. The referee called for the bell at the sight of Strong, Fish and Harper all out of commission, and alone of the four, none other than Joanne Rodriguez standing tall in the centre of the ring [B](C+) [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoanneRodriguez.jpg[/IMG] Show overall: C[/B][/CENTER] It was very expensive to have J-Ro as nothing more than a run-in, but there it is. Four of our five $1000+ workers appeared on the show, but the crowd reactions were fantastic – and making this show our big event of the month was worth it. The four main eventers received a big ovation as they got backstage, and hearing the buzz of the crowd as they left gave everyone a big grin on their face. The only question was, would we stick with our home turf for the follow-up show, or continue to rotate. It was something I’d have to discuss with Rip... * [B]MAW Wrestling presents: Third Time Lucky[/B] Kiemon Yoshimatsu vs. Arthur Dexter Bradley Amazing Fire Fly vs. Joey Beauchamp Hugh de Aske vs. James Casey Steven Parker vs. Joss Thompson [U]MAW Tag Team Titles[/U] Jim Force and Marc Speed vs. The Canadian Blondes (c) vs. Natural Storm [U]MAW Heavyweight Title[/U] Steve Flash vs. Frankie Perez (c) Predictions welcome!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAW-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Wrestling presents: Third Time Lucky – Friday, Week 4, March 2011 - 199 at the Rainbow Bar & Grill, FL[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KiemonYoshimatsu.jpg[/IMG][U]Kiemon Yoshimatsu def. Arthur Dexter Bradley[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ArthurDexterBradley.jpg[/IMG] ADB has done a lot to harm his status backstage, no-showing two events and being late for many others. Until he gets his act together, he’ll be taking his lumps and losses a little more often than other midcarders – such as here, where he was little more than Yoshi’s mobile crash mat before taking an Optimus Moonsault for the babyface win. Incidentally, Bradley tried to have the finish changed before the match, dropping him another notch in my estimation [B](D-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AmazingFireFly.jpg[/IMG][U]Amazing Fire Fly def. Joey Beauchamp[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoeyBeauchamp.jpg[/IMG] After his fantastic performance in the main event last month, Fly was looking for a win, and that’s what he got. The masked Mexican was very impressive, taking Beauchamp apart from all angles as the Brit, usually the fastest worker in a match, was made to look statuesque. Fly finished with a Sky High Fire Fly off the top turnbuckle for the win [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JamesCasey.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="Red"]“A pirate. This is an all-time low,”[/COLOR] James Casey sneered. [COLOR="Red"]“You know, it’s not so long ago that I thought I was on the premier brand here. Seems like I should be over on Militant – I mean, have you seen that Grace Harper? Wow... And I wouldn’t have to wrestle a freaking pirate. “But whatever. Hey, Frankie, you want me to mind my own business? I will. I was going to be nice, but the hell with that. So I’m setting out my stall. I’ll beat anyone in front of me. And when I’ve beaten everyone, I’ll expect a match for the Heavyweight title. And when I win that, I expect to be treated with the respect I deserve. And no freaking pirates!” [/COLOR][B](E-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/HughdeAske.jpg[/IMG][U]Hugh de Aske def. James Casey[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JamesCasey.jpg[/IMG] Pirate Hugh was in his element after his show-stealing match last month, stopping on his way down the aisle to chat up one of the local girls. Casey was having none of it, and tried to ambush him, but de Aske was ready and took the fight into the ring. The two men put on an enjoyable match, with Casey seemingly trying to prove a point. However, it was de Aske who got the win, drilling Casey with a Skull and Cross Bones as he staked his claim for a title shot [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/StevenParker.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoseThompson.jpg[/IMG] Steven Parker was making his way through the arena when someone laughed. [COLOR="Purple"] “Heh. The Future...”[/COLOR] Parker turned around to find Joss Thompson behind him. [COLOR="Orange"]“Can I do something for you?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Just wondering... Given that it’s four years since you held a title here in MAW, how long are you going to be ‘The Future’? I mean, there comes a time in a man’s life when he just has to accept that he’s... ‘The Past’”[/COLOR] Parker grinned in a rather disconcerting manner, and Thompson took a step back. [COLOR="Orange"]“Oh, wrong day, wrong time, wrong place...”[/COLOR] he declared. [COLOR="Orange"]“You see, you’re right – it’s four years since I held any kind of title here, and that’s way too long. So it’s time for the Future to become the Present, the Now, the Right Here. And you know when Now begins, don’t ya?”[/COLOR] Parker launched a roundhouse right that span Thompson around, and sent him stumbling into the wall. [COLOR="Orange"]“Right now. I’ll see you in the ring, and you can help me make a start on climbing the ladder again.”[/COLOR] [B](E)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/StevenParker.jpg[/IMG][U]Steven Parker def. Joss Thompson[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoseThompson.jpg[/IMG] Parker was on fire in this match, staying on his opponent’s case throughout, and looking impressive as he took Thompson apart. Parker maintained control for the bulk of the match, winning with the Future Shock[B] (C)[/B] Backstage, and special guest Jim Force was with his new tag team partner Marc Speed to discuss their upcoming triangle match for the MAW tag titles. [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JimForce.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MarcSpeed.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="Navy"]“THE FOOOOORCE IS MIGHTY HERE IN MAW! I FELT THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEED!!! IT SUMMONED TO COME HERE AND COMPETE, AND PROVE THAT THE FORCE IS MIGHTY AND WILL OVERCOME ALL CHALLENGERS!!!! THE FORCE TELLS ME WHAT WOMEN WANT!!! BUY MY MERCHANDISE!!! THE FOOOORCE IS A MIGHTY FORCE THAT CAN OVERCOME ANY FOOOOOORCE AGAINST WHICH IT IS PITTED!!! YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! DON’T CROSS THE STREAMS!!! NEVER SHALL I FALL TO THE DARK SIDE!! TONIGHT WE FACE A CANNONBALL RUN!!! MY APPRENTICE AND I WILL BECOME THE CHAMPIONS TONIGHT!! CAN YOU DIG IT!!! HE WILL STAND BY ME!!!! BACKBEAT!!! I’M COMING MR. SQUIGGLES!! YOUR WINGS ARE LIKE A SHIELD OF STEEL!!! EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY AND DADDY’S GOING TO BRING YOU A NICE GOLD BELT TONIGHT!!!! IT’S CHINATOWN!!!!”[/COLOR] With that, Force left the interview area, leaving Speed alone on camera. He didn’t say anything, but gave a very eloquent roll of his eyes before trudging off-screen [B](E)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MidAtlanticTagTeam.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Tag Team Titles[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JimForce.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MarcSpeed.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FlashSavage_alt2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/OscarGolden.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/DCRayne.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/EddieHoward.jpg[/IMG] [U]Jim Force and Marc Speed def. The Canadian Blondes (c) and Natural Storm[/U] None of Force’s opponents seemed quite sure what to make of him as he ran the ropes and posed on the turnbuckles for several minutes before getting down to action. Powering through first Eddie Howard, then DC Rayne, and then Oscar Golden, it was only a double-team on the part of Natural Storm that finally knocked him down. With Force momentarily disabled, the match returned a to a more MAW-like offering, with Golden, Flash Savage, Speed and Howard trading the advantage. DC Rayne awaited his opportunity to jump in, and took it when he managed to blindside Savage, diving into the ring and attempting to hit Storm Damage. He was stopped by a Full Force, however, as Force returned to the ring, mowing down Savage and Howard with a huge double clothesline, before knocking Golden to the mat with several right hands. Amidst all the chaos, Speed managed to cover Rayne, who was still stunned from the power of the Force, and the referee counted to three. Jim Force and Marc Speed are the new MAW Tag Team champions! [B](D-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/StevenParker.jpg[/IMG] Backstage, and Steven Parker had commandeered a cameraman: [COLOR="Orange"]“I hope you saw my match tonight, champ. I don’t want you claiming that you weren’t warned. I don’t want anyone to say that I had an unfair advantage. I just want you to know that I’m waiting. The belt you’re keeping warm? It’ll soon be mine again, even if I have to beat every man, woman or whatever that steps in my way.”[/COLOR] [B](E)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FrankiePerez.jpg[/IMG] Frankie Perez made his way onscreen: [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Big words – for a man who’s done nothing in the last four years. Hey, champ, I did a little research on you. You’ve not got a great record here in MAW, have you, esse? But I’ll tell you what – I’ll throw you a bone, ‘cos I’m in a good mood. All I have to do is beat this old fool Steve Flash, and then I don’t have anyone lined up to face me. So it’s only fair that I answer my challenges. And the way you keep flapping your jaw, I’m getting pretty damn tired of hearing your voice, esse. So here’s the deal: You and me, next month, with the title on the line. That suit you?”[/COLOR] [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MidAtlanticChampionship.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Heavyweight Title[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FrankiePerez.jpg[/IMG][U]Frankie Perez (c) def. Steve Flash[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SteveFlash_alt.jpg[/IMG] Booking a match for 42-year old Steve Flash takes care, and so he looked dangerous in fits and spurts here, with the much younger Perez doing a lot of the work. Still, Flash is a ring general, and despite the limitations, the two combined for a particularly fine match, the best since the brand split, ending when Perez low-blowed Flash and nailed Perfect Parity for the successful title defence [B](C+) Show overall: C-[/B][/CENTER] * Month-end report: $4,500 loss, boosted by a sell-out at the Biker’s Museum for Strong/Harper. Selling out the 300-seat venues in the South East and Great Lakes would seem to provide a better atmosphere than packing more people into the larger venues, so I guess that’s the way forward. * [B]MAW Assault presents: April Showers – Friday, Week 2, April 2011[/B] Daredevil Aero and “Kamikaze” Christian Vars vs. Al Coleman and Nate Johnson Matthew Keith vs. Edward Cornell Adam Matravers vs. Sayeed Ali Jared Johnson vs. “Trademark” Thomas Morgan “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Shingen Miyazaki [U]MAW Traditional Title[/U] Greg Keith vs. Casey Valentine (c) Predictions welcome! And I hope everyone enjoyed my first contribution to Jim Force month :D

Jim Force as a MAW Tag Team Champion... Rip Chord must be turning in his grave. He isn't dead? Well you might have just pushed him over the edge. ;) Good show overall, predictions... MAW Assault presents: April Showers – Friday, Week 2, April 2011 Daredevil Aero and “Kamikaze” Christian Vars vs. [B]Al Coleman and Nate Johnson[/B] [B]Matthew Keith[/B] vs. Edward Cornell [B]Adam Matravers[/B] vs. Sayeed Ali Jared Johnson vs. [B]“Trademark” Thomas Morgan[/B] [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Shingen Miyazaki MAW Traditional Title Greg Keith vs. [B]Casey Valentine[/B] (c)

Thanks for the comments, folks - more Force running wild in Jim's second appearance - coming soon! * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAW-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Assault presents: April Showers – Friday, Week 2, April 2011 - 300 sell-out at Rainbow Bar & Grill, FL[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/DaredevilAero.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KamikazeChristianVars.jpg[/IMG][U]Daredevil Aero and “Kamikaze” Christian Vars def. Al Coleman and Nate Johnson[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AlColeman.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/NateJohnson.jpg[/IMG] A fun opener pitting four slightly directionless workers against each other, this ended with an upset victory as Vars launched into his astonishing Reverse 460 Splash, which was more than enough to score the win over Coleman, leaving Nate Johnson looking disgusted [B](E+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MatthewGauge.jpg[/IMG] Matthew Keith took the mic: [COLOR="Red"]“So my brother’s got a title shot tonight – hey, that’s fine. A win for one Keith is a win for us all, and I’ll be backing him every step of the way. But I want another shot, so I guess I have to take my place in line. Of course, there’s nothing to stop me knocking a few people out of the way – and if that means starting off by beating someone lese with family ties, well, that’s just Edward Cornell’s bad luck...”[/COLOR] [B](E)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MatthewGauge.jpg[/IMG][U]Matthew Keith def. Edward Cornell[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/EdwardCornell.jpg[/IMG] After his disappointing loss in the title match, Keith, accompanied by brother Greg, rebounded with a victory over the solid Cornell. An enjoyable brawl was topped off with a Depth Gauge from Keith for the win [B](D+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SayeedAli.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JaredJohnson.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KCGlenn.jpg[/IMG] A hype video played, highlighting Sayeed Ali’s recent demolition jobs on KC Glenn and Jared Johnson. The magic of home video allowed us to make more of the short, brutal demolitions than Johnson or Glenn could manage [B](F)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SayeedAli.jpg[/IMG][U]Sayeed Ali def. Adam Matravers[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AdamMatravers.jpg[/IMG] Ali continued his domination of the Assault midcard in this match, toppling Matravers in a blistering display of speed and power. Matravers did his best, but struggled to even hold off Ali once the brutal heel hit his stride. Ali took the win with the devastating G.B.H Driver [B](D)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ThomasMorgan.jpg[/IMG] Bombastic music played and a psychedelic light show flashed throughout the arena as a tall, blonde wrestler stepped through the curtains. Clad in a glittering, rhinestone studded robe, he cut an impressive figure as he slowly made his way to the ring, posing occasionally and flirting with the more attractive Rainbow Bar crowd. Entering the ring and taking the mic, he began to address the crowd. [COLOR="Orange"]“When you have a hot property on your hands, when you have something that you know that other people will desire, when you are the sole owner of one of the world’s rarest commodity... What else can you do, but protect your creation? So you trademark it, and that’s where I come in. I am the Trademark, I am Thomas Morgan, the finest wrestler, the most beautiful physical specimen, the greatest thing to visit this little backyard watering hole since, well, ever would be my guess. They do not come any finer than I. I am the greatest dancer, I am the gold standard and ladies, believe me, I am the best performer... Women want to be with me, men want to be me – but remember, you can try and imitate me, but I am the Trademark...”[/COLOR] [B](D-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ThomasMorgan.jpg[/IMG][U]“Trademark” Thomas Morgan def. Jared Johnson[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JaredJohnson.jpg[/IMG] Morgan set out his stall from the start, outwrestling the talented Johnson and leaving him tied in knots. Morgan riled the crowd for added fun as he worked over Johnson’s leg before clamping on a Stretch Muffler. The finish came with a sudden change of direction, as Morgan switched tactics and blasted Johnson with a Morgan’s Finest (Spinning Powerbomb) for the debut win [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MeanJeanCattley.jpg[/IMG] Jean Cattley came out and stood in the centre of the ring, looking unusually contemplative. [COLOR="Green"]“It seems like I may have missed the boat somewhat, as MAW has moved on lately, and it appears that I’ve been left standing. Am I still good enough to compete at this level? Can I hold a title here in MAW again? Do I belong in the same ring as wrestlers like Miyazaki, or the Keith Brothers, or even our champion, Casey Valentine. I should be, I used to be, I must be... But I don’t know. “I’ve had a hell of a run here in MAW. Two-time Heavyweight champion, headlined the biggest shows... Is that all over? I don’t know. “So from now on, I’m taking this one match at a time. I don’t deserve to be fighting for titles. I don’t deserve to be in the main event. Why should I, when I don’t know if I’m worth it?”[/COLOR] He looked over at the referee. [COLOR="Green"] “Let’s get this started...”[/COLOR] [B](E-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ShingenMiyazaki.jpg[/IMG][U]Shingen Miyazaki def. “Machine” Jean Cattley[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MeanJeanCattley.jpg[/IMG] Miyazaki took advantage of a struggling Cattley in this match. While the former champ had his moments, he seems to be deep in a funk, and despite a decent showing, lacked fire. At times, Cattley seemed to be second-guessing himself, small hesitations that again and again gave Miyazaki the chance to reverse or break a hold, or disrupt Cattley’s momentum. Cattley had beaten Miyazaki before, but this time seemed to be really struggling to manage more than to look competitive, en route to an Axe Bomber pinfall loss [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GregGauge.jpg[/IMG] Greg Keith took the mic as his brother Matthew posed for the fans. [COLOR="Navy"]“Hey, this is a big match for me... I’d appreciate it if you could be on my side tonight,”[/COLOR] Greg said, grinning at the crowd. The crowd, particularly the younger, female members, cheered loudly. [COLOR="Navy"]“But seriously, Casey Valentine is double-tough. Hey – he beat my brother last month,”[/COLOR] he added, with a wave at Matthew, who stood outside the ring, looking emotionless. [COLOR="Navy"]“I know it’ll be a big fight – but I’m ready for that. I’m ready to win my first singles title tonight. And best of all, I’ll be doing it with my brother in my corner.”[/COLOR] [B](E)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAWTraditional.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Traditional Title[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GregGauge.jpg[/IMG][U]Greg Keith def. Casey Valentine (c)[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/CaseyValentine.jpg[/IMG] A massive victory for Greg Keith here, but credit to his brother as well. Valentine held his own against the multi-talented Greg, who seemed a little overawed in his first big singles match. Keith rallied late on, and seemed to be pulling ahead, but fell victim to a Kiss Of Death from nowhere that left both men down. As the referee checked on Greg, Matthew dragged Valentine from the ring and hit a Depth Gauge, before throwing him back into the ring. Greg managed to crawl over and make the cover to win the title – with a huge assist from his twin brother [B](D+) Show overall: D+[/B][/CENTER] * [I]OOC: Much love from me for Casey Valentine, but it seems that he’s hit his overness cap in recent months, stuck in midcard and doing nothing for the prestige of a Main Event title. There’s big things ahead for Greg Keith, too, as he takes the lead from his brother in the number of titles held. Elsewhere, Adam Matravers has made his last appearance for MAW. The Brit was feeling homesick, and wanted to head back to the UK to try and make his way in the business there. Meanwhile, Steve Flash and Frankie Perez have both inked extensions, making them the highest paid workers in the company.[/I] * [U]MAW Militant presents: Cotillion Ball – Friday, Week 3, April 2011[/U] Sara Marie York vs. Yvonne Wright vs. Steph Blake Suzanne Brazzle vs. Raven Nightfall Kristabel Plum vs. Dragon Assassin Joanne Rodriguez vs. “Amazing” Grace Harper [B]MAW Women’s Title[/B] Alicia Strong (c) vs. Wanda Fish Predictions welcome!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAW-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Militant presents: Cotillion Ball – Friday, Week 3, April 2011 – 300 sell-out at Ohio Jewish Centre[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SaraMarieYork.jpg[/IMG][U]Sara Marie York def. Yvonne Wright and Steph Blake[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/YvonneWright.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/StephBlake_alt1.jpg[/IMG] FYI, occasionally filler is required, such as this match that was arranged to get SMY on the card, having not used her since the RCI. OK? SMY got the 123 on Wright with the Energy Burst [B](D)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SuzanneBrazzle.jpg[/IMG] Footage was shown of Suzanne Brazzle getting ready for her match backstage [B](E+) [/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/RavenNightfall.jpg[/IMG][U]Raven Nightfall def. Suzanne Brazzle[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SuzanneBrazzle_alt1.jpg[/IMG] Nightfall has been a pleasant surprise to me, as I wasn’t expecting much from her at all. Instead, she’s proven to be consistent, and her slightly toned-down vampire persona (can’t offend the sponsors) helps her stand-out among MAW’s mostly traditional performers. Maybe she’ll hook up with Hugh de Aske? Anyway, she took the win with a Night Faller in an enjoyable back-and-forth match that kept both women looking strong [B](D+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KristabelPlum.jpg[/IMG] Backstage, and Kristabel Plum is on camera: “There’s not many places where a woman can wrestle for a living, and I was hoping that MAW would be some place different. Instead, I come in here, and we have Marv Earnest spewing rubbish about how we can’t wrestle, can’t handle a fight – all the things I’ve heard since I first set foot in a ring. Alicia Strong, I want to make clear to you that there’s a lot of people backstage here who want to see you hold on to your title, no matter what that little weasel tries to do.” [B](E-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/DragonAssassin.jpg[/IMG][U]Dragon Assassin def. Kristabel Plum[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KristabelPlum.jpg[/IMG] Dragon Assassin, on the other hand, just beats people up – exactly what we asked of her, and exactly what we’re getting. She’s very good at, and makes it very entertaining, and for once she even sold a little here as she faced an ME-calibre opponent for the first time. Plum gave her all, but on this occasion fell victim to the Blade Of The Assassin [B](D+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoanneRodriguez.jpg[/IMG] Joanne Rodriguez came to the ring: “I came very close to not joining MAW. You see, I’ve known Marv Earnest for a while now, and I’ll let you in on a little secret: He makes me sick. He hates women – why, I don’t know. But in the end, I thought that I would take this job, humiliate Marv Earnest, and prove that women can be every bit as good as the men in this business” [B](E)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GraceHarper.jpg[/IMG][U]“Amazing” Grace Harper def. Joanne Rodriguez[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoanneRodriguez.jpg[/IMG] A blistering match, one of the finest that the Militant brand has produced, highlighted by some very stiff shots between the two women as Harper tried to gain revenge for her lost title shot. The two blitzed each other in an atypical brawl, each using their technical abilities to break up the pace as needed. The end came when Harper nailed a Fisherman’s Suplex, and with a handful of tights held J-Ro down for the three [B](C)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MarvEarnest.jpg[/IMG] Marv Earnest took the mic: “Now, I don’t know who the hell keeps letting these women get time on the microphone, but that’s reserved for me, and me alone, do you understand? I’ll decide when and for how long anyone in this promotion gets on the mic – and sure as hell I won’t be wasting any time on that washed-up loser Joanne Rodriguez. Now, let me make it clear to everyone that I’m trough playing nice, and pretending that I’m anything other than a misogynistic bastard: I run things in this company, I’ve arranged things so that Alicia Strong is about to lose her title, and Wanda Fish is going to win. Just to make sure after last month’s unwelcome interruption, Grace Harper will be at ringside throughout the match, and Joanne Rodriguez is banned from leaving her dressing room. And the same applies to Kristabel Plum after her little outburst earlier tonight. Is that clear?” [B](F+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/5SSWWorld.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Women’s Title[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AliciaStrong_alt.jpg[/IMG][U]Alicia Strong (c) def. Wanda Fish[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/WandaFish.jpg[/IMG] Strong allowed herself to be distracted by the presence of Harper at ringside early in this match, allowing Fish to dominate the early proceedings. Strong attempted to mount a comeback, but Fish made her presence known by tripping her in full view of the ref. Marv Earnest climbed to his feet and shook his head at the ref, warning him not to DQ the challenger. With almost free reign, the match essentially became two-on-one, with Strong completely unable to mount any kind of offence. Harper looked set for a certain win when, from out of the sell-out crowd, a masked woman leapt into the fray, hitting Harper from behind with a dropkick that sent her sprawling into the ringsteps. With the referee distracted, the attacker leapt into the ring and nailed Fish with a trio of Rolling Germans that Rip Chord identified as the Brazzle Dazzle, just as she tore off the mask to reveal Suzanne Brazzle. Brazzle stared pointedly at Marv Earnest and shook her head at him, as he had done at the ref, before dragging Alicia Strong on top of Fish. The referee turned around to see the champion pinning the challenger, and one three-count later, Strong had retained the title Alicia Strong was celebrating her successful defence with Brazzle when Earnest cut in from his spot at the announcers’ table. “That’s enough, do you hear me? Brazzle, I don’t know what the hell you think you’re doing, but I’ve had enough of it. Next month, you’re going to face Raven Nightfall again – and not just Nightfall, but also Huntress Makiko and Dragon Assassin. And because I like nothing more than seeing some stupid broad’s hopes crushed, you can have Joanne Rodriguez as your partner. You’ll still be crushed – but at least this way you’ll think you might have a chance. “And as for you, Strong, I think we’ll make sure that there’s no unwelcome interference in your match next month – so I’ve come up with a way of making sure it doesn’t happen again. And since it’s outside interference that’s saved your fat ass these last two months, I think it’s only fair that both your opponents get their rematch. So next month, it’ll be Strong, Harper and Fish in a three-way match for the MAW Women’s title... in a steel cage!” [B](C)[/B] [B]Show overall: C[/B][/CENTER] [I]OOC: Forgot to book the end interview segment. No matter – it would only have dragged the rating down ;-) And yes, I am using the 5SSW title for the Women's belt - 5SSW folded and Crusher Ichihara, the last champion, is my one of my road agents, so... [/I] * [U]MAW Wrestling presents: Way Too Damn Good – Friday, Week 4, April 2011[/U] Hugh de Aske vs. “Stormy” Cal Sanders Joseph Jerome vs. James Casey Amazing Fire Fly vs. Joss Thompson [B]MAW Tag Team Titles[/B] Force & Speed (c) vs. Natural Storm [B]MAW Heavyweight Title[/B] Steve Flash vs. Steven Parker vs. Frankie Perez (c) Predictions, as always, very welcome. Same with comments, suggestions and so on - like Dr. Cox, I run on props...

[CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAW-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Wrestling presents: Way Too Damn Good – Friday, Week 4, April 2011 – 1,139 at North Carolina Biker Museum[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/HughdeAske.jpg[/IMG][U]Hugh de Aske def. “Stormy” Cal Sanders[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/CalSanders_alt3.jpg[/IMG] Pirate Hugh debuted a new entrance that involves him swinging into the ring from a handily placed balcony – only in the small arenas, folks. The entrance was more dynamic than the match, which saw de Aske unsurprisingly go over Sanders with a Cut Throat Driver and a minimum of fuss [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JamesCasey.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="Red"]“God knows I don’t need to prove myself in this company anymore, and yet still they send out the wannabes. I guess someone backstage likes seeing me handing out a beating. Well, get yourself comfortable, whoever you are – even if I do find you a little bit creepy. Jerome, I hear that you have a cuddly toy fetish, or something. You won’t find anything in this ring but pure-bred nasty. Sorry to disappoint you, but at least I’ll make it quick.”[/COLOR] [B](E+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JamesCasey.jpg[/IMG][U]James Casey def. Joseph Jerome[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JosephJerome.jpg[/IMG] The sometime second generation Panda Mask has found a home in MAW where he doesn’t have to use the gimmick. Without it, he’s a talented high flyer who was able to keep Casey on the back foot for much of the match. Casey was wrestling with determination, however, and capitalised on a Jerome mistake by hitting a Half Nelson Suplex, followed by a Somersault DDT for the opportunistic win[B] (C)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AmazingFireFly.jpg[/IMG][U]Amazing Fire Fly def. Joss Thompson[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoseThompson.jpg[/IMG] Joss Thompson is no-ones fool, but he’s yet to win in MAW. This was his eighth attempt, and went as well as the others. However, he’s a fine worker who as often as not misses out only by the smallest amount, as was the case here, when his Clean Cutter should have won him the match – had Fly not landed so close to the ropes. Fly was able to rally, and bag the win with a Sky High Fire Fly, while Thompson was left rueing his missed chance [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JimForce.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MarcSpeed.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="Blue"]“THE FOOOORCE HAS GIVEN ME GOLD AGAIN! MY DISCIPLE AND I ARE THE MAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONNNNNNNS!!! TONIGHT WE SHALL OVERCOME THE PERILS OF THE STORM AND SHOW THAT THE FOOORCE IS A MIGHTY FOOOOOOOORCE THAT CANNOT BE STOPPED BY MERE MORTAL MEN! BUY MY MERCHANDISE!! THIS GOLD STAYS AROUND MY WAIST UNTIL THERE IS NO BREATH AND NO FOOOOOOORCE LEFT IN MY BODY!!!”[/COLOR] With that unusually coherent speech delivered, Force led a still-reluctant Speed to the ring [B](E-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MidAtlanticTagTeam.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Tag Team Titles[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/DCRayne.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/EddieHoward.jpg[/IMG][U]Natural Storm def. Force & Speed (c)[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JimForce.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MarcSpeed.jpg[/IMG] The big rematch from last month saw the global superstar Jim Force try and take on Natural Storm all on his own, seemingly ignorant to the presence of Marc Speed in his corner, who was sometimes begging for a tag. Force inevitably ran into trouble, tasting a Storm Damage, followed by a Howard’s End as Speed entered the ring to protest the heel team’s double teaming. Force was left stunned, and easy prey for a Reignfire from Rayne – but to everyone’s amazement kicked out. He crawled for his team’s corner as Speed stretched desperately towards him, only for Rayne to make it into the corner at the last second and slug Speed. As the referee separated the two, Howard snuck in and waffled Force with one of the title belts, sending him sprawling and leaving him easy prey for Rayne to get the pin and the titles [B](D+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SteveFlash_alt.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]“You know, I’ve been around the world, faced the greatest workers in the business and seen everything there is to see. But I still get surprised sometimes by some of the things that people try and pull. Let me put it this way – Frankie, you have that belt only because you cheated me in our last match. Now in all fairness, I should have been watching out for it – I should know better. But tonight, I’ll not be fooled again.”[/COLOR] [B](E+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FrankiePerez.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="Purple"]“Steve Flash says that I cheated him – well, tonight he runs out of excuses. And when I put him down for the count, he’ll be finished for good. I’m bored of fighting Steve Flash already – you’re an old man, esse. Hell, I even pulled a few strings to get Steven parker into the match as well, and keep things interesting. You see, it doesn’t matter if I face one man, two men – hell, I’ll fight anyone. But I’ll always find a way to win, and keep my title”[/COLOR] [B](E+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MidAtlanticChampionship.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Heavyweight Title[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FrankiePerez.jpg[/IMG][U]Frankie Perez (c) def. Steve Flash and Steven Parker[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SteveFlash_alt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/StevenParker.jpg[/IMG] With Steven Parker added to last month’s main event, the combatants could go all out once more. Steve Flash was able to rest a little less obviously as Parker and Perez covered for him, while the older man put his experience to good use, having worked an untold number of triple threat matches. Highlights included a desperation double Future Shock from Parker, Flash interrupting a Perfect Parity with a Flash Bang, and Perez breaking up a Flash superplex attempt on Parker by vaulting agilely to the top rope and clamping on a P-Clutch, which he turned into a sleeper slam off the top. Parker tried to break up the subsequent pinfall with a dive from the top, but Perez was able to avoid the move, leaving Parker to crash-land on Flash. Perez then swept Parker up into a Perfect Parity for the pin and the successful defence – but Steve Flash had still not been beaten cleanly by the champ [B](C+) Show overall: C[/B][/CENTER] * [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JamesCasey.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/RipChord.jpg[/IMG] I’d been avoiding Rip all day, but it had been very quite in his office, and I was beginning to worry. Thinking that I might as well face him then as drag things out any further, I made my way down the corridor and knocked on the door. “Rip?” I eased the door open, and waited a moment as my eyes adjusted to the gloom. Rip was sitting in the near-darkness, looking as though he hadn’t done a lick of work all day. I opened my mouth to say something, and then noticed the bottle on his desk. Rip is an alcoholic – always will be, as he occasionally says. It’s not something you’re ever cured of. The bottle of whiskey sitting on his desk, therefore, had to be an illusion. I peered closer. Very much real – but full, with an unbroken seal. “Tell me again that it’s worth it, kid.” The one piece of paper on Rip’s desk was one that had passed across mine earlier in the day. I’d got rid of it as soon as I could. Letters like that, I can do without. “It is, Rip. I promise.” The letter was a polite one from our bank manager, pointing out that we’d overspent by some $16,000 dollars last month, and were we planning on doing so again? I hoped not – but a turnout of 1,100 for our Biker’s Museum show had been a dreadful showing. We still had over $160k in the bank – but many more months like this would kill us quickly. As tactfully as I could, I removed the bottle from Rip’s desk and dropped it into my bag. Maybe he had others. Maybe he could resist temptation. I didn’t want to push it, though. Leaving Rip to stare into space, I headed out of the office and went home, thinking that I might have put Rip’s bottle to good use, were it not for the feeling that I would have been failing him again. * [U] MAW Assault presents: Supernova[/U] Antonio vs. El Bestia Purpura Matthew Keith vs. Shingen Miyazaki Shane Nelson vs. Barry Kingman “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Casey Valentine [B]MAW Traditional Title[/B] Greg Keith (c) vs. “Trademark” Thomas Morgan Predictions welcome. Betting has now been suspended on when MAW will go bankrupt...

MAW Assault presents: Supernova ANTONIO MATTHEW KEITH BARRY KINGMAN CASEY VALENTINE GREG KEITH The last few cards have been nice. If only I could crack in to the C's with my MAW game. And keep that bottle away from Rip.

Thanks to Emark (2 out of 5 right) - Chemistry helps crack the Cs early on. Cal Sanders in my game has good chemistry with Cattley, Parker and Speed - that [I]really[/I] helped. * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAW-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Assault presents: Supernova – Friday, Week 2, May – 300 sell out at Rainbow Bar & Grill, FL[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ElBestiaPurpura.jpg[/IMG][U]El Bestia Purpura def. Antonio[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/Antonio.jpg[/IMG] Between MPWF and MHW, Purpura has been working near-weekly shows this year – yet this was his first appearance for MAW. However, with his popularity coming on in leaps and bounds south of the border, we’re hoping regular work with us will have similar effects. He took the win in this match with a Purpura Stretch in this opener [B](D-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MatthewGauge.jpg[/IMG] Matthew Keith took the mic: [COLOR="Red"]“It’s time to celebrate – my brother’s the champion! And a win for one Keith is a win for us all, so I guess that kinda makes me the champion as well. Now, when Greg and me used to fight as kids, I’d always win – I guess not much is likely to have changed in the last ten years or so... So Greg, you’re my brother – but I’m gonna kick your ass!”[/COLOR] He laughed. [COLOR="Red"]“But first I gotta beat a few guys to earn my shot – that’s only fair. They don’t come much tougher than Shingen Miyazaki, I know that. So I’ve got a fight on my hands. When I win, though, there’ll be no doubt that I belong as a contender”[/COLOR] [B](E-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ShingenMiyazaki.jpg[/IMG][U]Shingen Miyazaki def. Matthew Keith[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MatthewGauge.jpg[/IMG] Although Keith struggled valiantly to prove that he belongs among the big dogs in MAW, it seems he hasn’t come along quite as far as his brother. Although the match was fairly even, Keith couldn’t quite put himself in a position to finish it, while Miyazaki made no mistakes in hitting a Shining Wizard for the pin [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ShaneNelson.jpg[/IMG][U]Shane Nelson def. Barry Kingman[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/BarryKingman.jpg[/IMG] Nelson was making his debut here for MAW, and did so in style. He never looked less than comfortable in this win over Kingman, with the two men putting on a fine show. Kingman may lack the sparkle to ever be a figurehead, but he’s a reliable worker – a sort of Cattley-lite – and every promotion needs those. Nelson won with a Full Nelson Bomb to establish himself as a formidable competitor [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/CaseyValentine.jpg[/IMG][U]Casey Valentine def. “Machine” Jean Cattley[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MeanJeanCattley.jpg[/IMG] Cattley’s run of poor form continued in this match, as Valentine gained a second successive win over the former Heavyweight champion. Cattley is looking increasingly resigned to his fate seemingly unable to buy a win. The two put on a typically good match, ending with a Kiss Of Death from Valentine for the win [B](D+)[/B] After the match, Valentine offered Cattley his hand in an impressive display of sportsmanship. Cattley shook, as Valentine offered his condolences, and the fans applauded [B](F)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MidAtlanticChampionship.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Traditional Title[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GregGauge.jpg[/IMG][U]Greg Keith (c) def. “Trademark” Thomas Morgan[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ThomasMorgan.jpg[/IMG] Greg Keith needs matches like this to establish him as champion, while Morgan could do worse than keep producing like this. Still, Keith will need to win cleanly eventually – with brother Matthew once again taking advantage of a distraction, this time dropping Morgan’s throat across the ropes to get up a Full Moon from Greg for the successful defence [B](C) Show overall: C-[/B][/CENTER] * News and notes: A strong show from the Assault brand, which is excellent news as it proves that they can deliver. Casey Valentine’s face turn goes some way towards balancing out the uneven face/heel split on the Assault brand, but recent hirings and other moves still make it slanted in the direction of the bad guy. * [B]MAW Militia presents: Queens Of May[/B] Umeko Karube and Sally Anne Christianson vs. Stephanie Wade and Nadia Snow Kit Hatoyama vs. Steph Blake Tracy Brendon vs. Tsuki Kawamata Suzanne Brazzle and Joanne Rodriguez vs. Huntress Makiko, Dragon Assassin and Raven Nightfall [U]MAW Women’s Title – Steel Cage Match[/U] Alicia Strong (c) vs. Grace Harper vs. Wanda Fish Predictions welcome!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAW-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Militia presents: Queens Of May – Friday Week 3, May 2011 – 1,000 sell out at Delaware Auditorium[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/UmekoKarube.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SallyAnneChristianson.jpg[/IMG][U]Umeko Karube and Sally Anne Christianson def. Stephanie Wade and Nadia Snow[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/StephanieWade.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/NadiaSnow.jpg[/IMG] Just your basic opening match as we continue to try out various combos. While we have no intention of creating women’s tag titles, or having women go after the men’s belts, (title belts, that is – or the other sort, come to think of it) good chemistry is good chemistry. There wasn’t any on display here, but neutral chemistry is acceptable. Anyway, Christianson got the win from Wade with a Niagra Fall in a match that the crowd cared more about at the end than they had at the beginning, which was not at all [B](E+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KitHatoyama.jpg[/IMG][U]Kit Hatoyama def. Steph Blake[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/StephBlake.jpg[/IMG] I’m a big fan of Hatoyama, and while I try not to let it colour my booking, I won’t object if she gets over to the point of being main event material. She’s not there yet, but a few more wins like this won’t hurt, with her nailing the Hatoyama Driver for the clean win in a very enjoyable match [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/TracyBrendon.jpg[/IMG][U]Tracy Brendon def. Tsuki Kawamata[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/TsukiKawamata.jpg[/IMG] Kawamata has been asking for more matches – although possibly didn’t have this in mind. Brendon took the win with a vicious Idaho Crunch as I gave the fans what they wanted in the way of babyface wins... [B](D)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SuzanneBrazzle_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoanneRodriguez.jpg[/IMG] Suzanne Brazzle and Joanne Rodriguez were backstage, looking pensive. Brazzle began their promo: [COLOR="Green"]“I don’t think I’ve been in a tougher position than this. Any one of the three women we’ve been thrown up against tonight would be a tough opponent. Being forced to take on all of them makes it seem like someone doesn’t like us.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“I can’t pretend that I like seeing Marv Earnest gloating whenever one of us takes our lumps, or gets beaten down,”[/COLOR] J-Ro continued. [COLOR="Sienna"]“And I expect that tonight I’ll look out at the announcer’s table, and he’ll have a huge smirk on his face as we take a beating.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“But we’d hate for him to think that tonight is going to all enjoyable for him. You see, we’ll do our best to embarrass the three puppets he’s pitting us against-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“-and even if we lose, well, there’s no question that Alicia Strong will come out of that cage tonight with the belt still around her waist. How do we know that?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“It’s simple – it’s the thing that’d cause Marv the most embarrassment – and that’s all the incentive that anyone here in MAW needs to do something.” [/COLOR][B](E-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/HuntressMakiko.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/DragonAssassin.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/RavenNightfall.jpg[/IMG][U]Huntress Makiko, Dragon Assassin and Raven Nightfall def. Suzanne Brazzle and Joanne Rodriguez[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SuzanneBrazzle_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoanneRodriguez.jpg[/IMG] ...prior to this match, anyway. Brutal, overwhelming violence as Marv Earnest cheered on the heels. Asassin & co. barely needed to cheat, as sheer strength of numbers allowed them to maul the popular Brazzle and J-Ro. A near-decapitation from a Blade Of The Assassin was enough to put Rodriguez down as Assassin stated her case for a title shot – albeit in controversial circumstances [B](C-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MarvEarnest.jpg[/IMG] Marv Earnest took the mic, with a huge grin on his face: [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]“Gawd, I loved that. Violence, sheer, unadulterated violence. I think I may have found a way to actually enjoy doing this job. Assassin, good job there. Hey, I know it’s not much, but if Strong somehow manages to survive this cage match intact – you can tear her apart and take the title from her next month, sound good?”[/COLOR] [B](E-)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/WandaFish.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GraceHarper.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="Blue"]“It’s on – it’s so on. We’re going to demolish that little skank, and make her sorry she ever tried to cross us."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“If Alicia Strong takes after her daddy – and we think she does – she’ll choke in the big matches. And just to make sure, we’ll have the weight of numbers on our side, too.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“And you saw how well that worked in the last match...”[/COLOR] [B](E+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AliciaStrong_alt.jpg[/IMG] Alicia Strong was alone in her dressing room, her eyes fixed on the MAW belt lying on her lap, even as she began to talk. [COLOR="Purple"]“So, they have numbers on their side, and they say my pop’s a choker. Well, I know that Fish goes by that name for a reason – her prom date smelt something funny, and it kinda stuck. Or stunk... As for “Amazing” Grace... The only thing amazing about her is how she crams that wide load of hers into those hotpants she likes to wear. I guess every night she thanks God for Lycra.”[/COLOR] Strong took a deep breath and looked up. [COLOR="Purple"]“I’m sorry to sound so petty – but there’s something about those two that just brings it out in me. I keep telling myself ‘Alicia, don’t sink to their level, you don’t want to be like them’. They just get to me. I’m sorry. I guess the only way to get past them is to get in that cage, take a beating, and try and dish one out. One way or another, this has to end tonight.”[/COLOR] [B](E+)[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/5SSWWorld.jpg[/IMG] [B]MAW Women’s Title – Steel Cage Match[/B] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AliciaStrong_alt.jpg[/IMG][U]Alicia Strong (c) def. Grace Harper and Wanda Fish[/U][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GraceHarper.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/WandaFish.jpg[/IMG] Harper and Fish understandably looked confident as the cage was lowered from the ceiling. Strong was wary, shifting her attention between her two opponents in case either tried to jump the bell. In fact, both did – catching her in a pincer attack against which she had no defence. Strong fought valiantly, and at times even seemed to have an edge when she put one or other of her opponents out of commission for a time, but whenever the two heels teamed up, Strong was the unlucky victim, bashed from turnbuckle to cage wall to mat, with the fans groaning in sympathy with each hit taken. Both Fish and Harper seemed keen to exploit their previous conqueror, an at times ignored the easy victory in order to hit flashy aerial moves that probably did more damage to them than Strong. In the end, Fish and Harper’s greed played against them in the end, with neither woman able to agree who would take the victory, as they turned Strong into a human tug-of-war rope as each tried to hit their finisher. With a burst of energy, Strong pulled her opponents into each other, clashing their heads and dizzying them, before in a desperation move seizing both women’s heads and running up the cage wall, somersaulting backwards into a double reverse DDT (Sliced Bread #2). Past the point of exhaustion, Strong lay unmoving with one arm draped across each of her opponent’s chests, as the referee counted the remarkable three and Marv Earnest became apoplectic with rage [B](C) Show overall: C-[/B][/CENTER] * Both the economy and wrestling industry are in the can in the Mid Atlantic, hence the move to a smaller venue. It should help offset costs – and keep Rip out of the local liquor store. Also, I’ve dropped our product from 90% to 80% matches. In practise, there’ll be zero change, but it’ll stop fans dumping on every angle we run that doesn’t have Rip Chord in it. Or J-Ro in a bikini, anyway... * [B]MAW Wrestling presents: Mother, May I?[/B] Amazing Fire Fly vs. Julian Watson [U]MAW Tag Team Titles[/U] Canadian Blondes vs. Natural Storm (c) Steven Parker vs. James Casey Marc Speed vs. “Stormy” Cal Sanders [U]MAW Heavyweight Title – Best Of Three Falls[/U] Steve Flash vs. Frankie Perez (c) As always - predictions welcome!

Archived