Depends on the product. Some promotions value certain skills more than others. A promotion with Modern or Daredevil as a Key Feature isn't going to get very good results with plodding types with no aerial skills. Generally speaking, workers with good to great performance skills are a good place to start. Then you look for elements important to your product. Since I tend to go with promotions with heavy/key Modern, that would mean Aerial and a bit of Chain Wrestling. Tailor your roster to your product and good matches won't be quite so rare. That doesn't mean only use one STYLE of worker. It means choose workers who fit what your promotion's trying to promote. I'll hire a person with great performance skills no matter what other skills they have (since, at worst, they get to be a trainer if nothing else) but not everyone's going to go with that approach.

[QUOTE=JS The Monster;228648]My product is Key Mainstream, and Heavy traditionel, kinda like WCW. I mean what wrestlers should I hire? With what skills taken into account?[/QUOTE] I don't think this is something someone can tell you with any real amount of accuracy (unless that someone is Adam). My advice is to play the game and [B][I]pay attention[/I][/B]. That's the most important thing, which many people miss. You'll notice that some workers can have a good match with seemingly everyone (the Cornellverse has like 100 or more of these workers so any real world data is bound to have at least that many). Look at those workers' skillsets. With Mainstream and Traditional in high amounts, I'd look for workers with good brawling and mat & chain wrestling, as well as performance skills. But that's me, not everyone is going to go that route. If there was an easy to follow formula to producing good matches, the game would probably be called TEW05 (not a knock on 05 but it was pretty dang easy to produce high rated matches).

[QUOTE=Remianen;228636]Depends on the product. Some promotions value certain skills more than others. A promotion with Modern or Daredevil as a Key Feature isn't going to get very good results with plodding types with no aerial skills.[/QUOTE] Daredevil as Key doesn't discriminate against plodders, one of my human opponents constantly gets A* matches with Hardcore guys who couldn't take to the air if their lives depended on it.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;228692]Daredevil as Key doesn't discriminate against plodders, one of my human opponents constantly gets A* matches with Hardcore guys who couldn't take to the air if their lives depended on it.[/QUOTE] I'm not talking about Daredevil in that vein. I'm talking about Daredevil in the Teddy Hart mold. Daredevil may very well encompass hardcore/psychopaths but that's not the way I see it and it's not something I'd recommend to someone trying to get a handle on the basics of booking in 07. Again, like I've said a few times in this thread, the suggestions I relate come from my experience playing, mainly with the Cornellverse though I do use a real world dataset I created from time to time (only when I'm in a "Monty Haul" type of mood).

I'm not trying to take you down a peg, just adding my experiences to the collective. Big brawlers/hardcore guys get consistent A-A* (usually A*) matches in my friend's Key Daredevil, with only medium Hardcore. Modern is set to Heavy as well as Mainstream. Other Mediums are Comedy, Cult, Lucha Libre and Realism. Flyers also get good ratings now, but started out with C+ averages until they got more over than the HC guys.

I think my product is pretty screwed up. I've been playing the game for quite a while and just wanted to experiment with what I had. Traditional: Heavy Mainstream: Key Feature Comedy: Low Cult: Key Feature Modern: Heavy Realism: Medium Risque: Low Lucha: None Hardcore: Low Daredevil: Very Low I'm playing the 2001 Rebirth scenario, and the current stars I use to get my "B+ to A" rated matches are just my Main Event guys. I've been pushing Mark Calloway(Undertaker) hard against guys like Curt Hennig, Davey Boy Smith and Rob Van Dam, along with my User Character. Everyone else who's a midcarder or lower, regardless of skill, is fortunate to have a "C" rated match. And with a Global company, I need all the high rated segments I can get. But it's mainly popularity that draws my high rated matches. I could have Low Ki vs Bryan Danielson get a "C" match but Curt Hennig vs Davey Boy Smith gets an "A." But both the statistics aren't really that great between Hennig and Smith but they sure do connect.

[QUOTE=Travis;229102]I think my product is pretty screwed up. I've been playing the game for quite a while and just wanted to experiment with what I had. Traditional: Heavy Mainstream: Key Feature Comedy: Low Cult: Key Feature Modern: Heavy Realism: Medium Risque: Low Lucha: None Hardcore: Low Daredevil: Very Low I'm playing the 2001 Rebirth scenario, and the current stars I use to get my "B+ to A" rated matches are just my Main Event guys. I've been pushing Mark Calloway(Undertaker) hard against guys like Curt Hennig, Davey Boy Smith and Rob Van Dam, along with my User Character. Everyone else who's a midcarder or lower, regardless of skill, is fortunate to have a "C" rated match. And with a Global company, I need all the high rated segments I can get. But it's mainly popularity that draws my high rated matches. I could have Low Ki vs Bryan Danielson get a "C" match but Curt Hennig vs Davey Boy Smith gets an "A." But both the statistics aren't really that great between Hennig and Smith but they sure do connect.[/QUOTE] Thats down to the fact that you have mainstream as a key feature - ie overness is the main thing that will affect match ratings, not in-ring skills.

[QUOTE=JS The Monster;228648]My product is Key Mainstream, and Heavy traditionel, kinda like WCW. I mean what wrestlers should I hire? With what skills taken into account?[/QUOTE] People with strong entertainment values (for angles ect), big, strong fighters with good brawling abilities. Physiology+basics are always important

[QUOTE=Travis;229102]I think my product is pretty screwed up. I've been playing the game for quite a while and just wanted to experiment with what I had. Traditional: Heavy Mainstream: Key Feature Comedy: Low Cult: Key Feature Modern: Heavy Realism: Medium Risque: Low Lucha: None Hardcore: Low Daredevil: Very Low I'm playing the 2001 Rebirth scenario, and the current stars I use to get my "B+ to A" rated matches are just my Main Event guys. I've been pushing Mark Calloway(Undertaker) hard against guys like Curt Hennig, Davey Boy Smith and Rob Van Dam, along with my User Character. Everyone else who's a midcarder or lower, regardless of skill, is fortunate to have a "C" rated match. And with a Global company, I need all the high rated segments I can get. But it's mainly popularity that draws my high rated matches. I could have Low Ki vs Bryan Danielson get a "C" match but Curt Hennig vs Davey Boy Smith gets an "A." But both the statistics aren't really that great between Hennig and Smith but they sure do connect.[/QUOTE] I wouldn't advise having both cult and mainstream as key feature. I have to wonder about the stats on your game though if you say that Davey Boy and Henning don't have good stats.

Archived