The (Re)Birth of a Phenom(inal) Deadman

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=ahw26]this is DBG's Death Of The Territories mod here's a link for it [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7233[/url][/QUOTE] Thanks AHW for giving him the information. Pat, this is a terrific mod for Wrestling Spirit if you are into the history of professional wrestling and it's glory years in the 1980's and 1990's. I highly recommend it. The WWE back then was WWF (World Wide Federation). Because of a possible lawsuit threat by the World Wildlife Foundation, Vince McMahon had to change the name. He changed it to World Wide Entertainment (WWE).

[QUOTE=Nobby_McDonald]Over the past couple of days I've read through the whole of this story. A magnificant piece of 'work' and long may it continue.[/QUOTE] Thanks Nobby. I love doing this and I plan on doing this until "retirement" or I run out of wrestlers, whichever comes first. Also please visit the other dynasties. They are all good.

Pat, Ahw and Nobby: Are there any wrestlers, besides the ones already being followed, from this era that you would like for me to follow. This is a special treat that I give all the readers so that they can follow their favorites as they go through their career. (The matches that have wrestlers that I follow for the readers are in [b][color=red]red[/color][/b].) Also, thanks for reading and the replies. It is greatly appreciated. Here is the current list of wrestlers being followed: Arn Anderson Ric Flair Superstar Billy Graham (Unemployed) Bret Hart Hulk Hogan Don "The Spoiler" Jardine The Great Kabuki (Unemployed) Nikita Koloff Jushin Lyger Ken Shamrock

week 1, February 1986 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News JPUK[/b] - [color=red]Wayne Bridges, Ben McCoy and Brian Maxine defeated Bearcat Wright, Keith Hayward and Cowboy Bret Hart[/color] [b]PNW[/b] - Ed Wiskowski retained the PNW Heavyweight title by defeating Timothy Flowers [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Michael Wood defeated Arn Anderson[/color] [b]CSW[/b] - Keith Hart retained the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Terry Taylor [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News [b]CWA[/b] - Signed Kristen Eaton [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]The Scooby Gang defeated Terry Funk and Ric Flair[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Mark Youngblood and Nikita Koloff defeated Bugsy McGraw and Jay Youngblood[/color] [b]CStates[/b] - [color=red]Hurricane Castillo Jr and Charlie Fulton defeated Bret Hart and Jeff Jarrett[/color] [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Arn Anderson defeated Adam Yawrenko[/color] [b]CSW[/b] - Keith Hart retained the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Owen Hart [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]CWA - Renegade Rampage [color=red]Master of Pain[/color] vs. Chavo Guerrero Sr [color=green]AWA International Title Match[/color][/b] The bell rings and I punch Chavo twice before irish whipping him. Chavo ducks under a running clothesline then hits me with a flying double axe handle and punches me. Chavo hits me with a jab punch then irish whips me into a punch before gouging my eyes. Chavo gives me a european uppercut then I slip out of a choke hold and irish whip him into a punch. I punch Chavo again then irish whip him into a backdrop before whipping him into a corner and ramming his head into the top turnbuckle. I give Chavo a throat thrust then kick him in the gut and punch him. I kick Chavo in the gut again then whip him into a corner but he uses the turnbuckles and vaults over me. I slip out of an arm wringer and irish whip Chavo then headbutt him. I whip Chavo into a corner and ram his head into the top turnbuckle then irish whip him into a backdrop. Chavo fights back and gouges my eyes then punches me and hits me with a jab. Chavo gouges my eyes and hits me with a flying standing knee before giving me a knee pull. I slip out of a hammerlock then irish whip Chavo, grab him as he comes off the ropes, and bodyslam him. Chavo breaks out of a choke hold then gouges my eyes and puts me in an arm wringer. Chavo gouges my eyes again and punches me then I slip out of an arm wringer and give him an arm wringer smash and a backbreaker. Chavo reverses a whip into a corner and rams my head into the top turnbuckle then gives me a knee drop. I avoid a senton then use the ropes for added momentum for a measured elbow drop. I whip Chavo into a corner then he uses the turnbuckles and vaults over me. I avoid a dropkick then toss Chavo into a corner and give him a flurry of punches. Chavo fights back and hits me with a jab then I reverse an irish whip and he ducks under a big boot. Chavo puts me in a hammerlock then I avoid a dropkick and whip him into a corner. Chavo breaks away and hits me with a flying double axe handle then punches me and puts me in a hammerlock. Chavo dropkicks me then chokes me. I avoid a knee drop and whip Chavo into a corner but he again uses the turnbuckles and vaults over me. Chavo hits me with a flying standing knee then gives me two knee pulls and two knee drops before choking me. Chavo hits me with a senton then I slip from a knee pull and whip him into a corner where I give him a flurry of stomps. I whip Chavo into another corner and he uses the turnbuckles to vault over me. I slip from an arm wringer then put Chavo in a bearhug and ram his back into the turnbuckles before hitting him with a high knee. Chavo fights back and dropkicks me then gives me a knee pull and hits me with a senton. Chavo hits me with a knee drop then hits me with a senton and gives me a knee pull. I break out of a choke hold then throw Chavo out of the ring and go out after him. I give Chavo two roundhouse punches and hit him with a short arm clothesline. I roll Chavo back into the ring then hit him with a flying standing elbow and snake eyes. I pick Chavo up, turned him upside down, then turned towards the center of the ring and give him an inverted piledriver. I covered and pinned Chavo to remain the AWA International champion. [b]Time: 22 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] Also on the card: [color=red]Ken Shamrock defeated Michael Wood[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - [color=red]Rufus R Jones and Nikita Koloff defeated Manny Fernandez and Jay Youngblood[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - Norvell Austin retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Hercules Ayala [b]MSW[/b] - Ron Bass won the Mid-South Television title by defeating Andre the Giant [b]SWCW[/b] - Ken Timbs retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Mick Foley [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News[/b] There were no matches involving our featured wrestlers nor any title matches.

week 2, February 1986 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]CWA - CWA All-Stars TV Show[/b] I am not scheduled to be on the show. On the air: [color=red]Oly Olsen defeated Joe Malenko and Ken Shamrock[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News CWF[/b] - Bob Roop retained the Florida Heavyweight title by defeating Buzz Tyler [b]MLW[/b] - [color=red]Joe Lightfoot and Arn Anderson defeated Johnny Kidd and Adam Yawrenko[/color] [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWC[/b] - Invader #2 retained the WWC North American Heavyweight title by defeating Bob Sweetan [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Brickhouse Brown [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - [color=red]Nikita Koloff and Assassin #2 defeated Jay Youngblood and Bugsy McGraw[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Jack Brisco won the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title by defeating Ric Flair[/color] [b]AWA[/b] - Payback retained the AWA World Tag Team titles by defeating Billy Robinson and Sgt. Slaughter [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]The Spoiler defeated Genichiro Tenryu[/color] [b]MSW[/b] - Ron Bass retained the Mid-South Television title by defeating Tiger Mask [b]CWF[/b] - Kevin Sullivan retained the CWF Television title by defeating Joe Savoldi [b]AJPW[/b] - Mil Mascaras retained the PWF Heavyweight title by defeating Giant Baba [b]CStates[/b] - [color=red]B. Brian Blair defeated Bret Hart[/color] [b]MLW[/b] - [color=red]Duke of Dorchester and Michael Wood defeated Johnny Kidd and Arn Anderson[/color] [b]PNW[/b] - Ed Wiskowski retained the PNW Heavyweight title by defeating Michael Kirschner

Hey just wanted to say great job. Your dynasty is the first DOTT Wrestling Spirit dynasty I have read. Took me a couple of days and have blasted through all of it. Excellent job. Seeing how much fun it looks like you are having has inspired me to start a DOTT Dynasty myself this weekend. I have no idea how I'll recap it and such but I'll put it on here. I think I'm going to start a dynasty with Buddy Landell and see how things shake out. I really think he could have went on to more greatness if he didn't let his demons control him for so long. So, I'm going to try to rewrite history with the other, other Nature Boy. DD

Still looking good, Cap'n Lou! Although, I must say I never thought that I'd see Rufus R Jones and Nikita Koloff as a tag team! :) It seems you're destined to hold the AWA International title for a while. Hope that will propel Taker onto even bigger things!

[QUOTE=DownNDirty]Hey just wanted to say great job. Your dynasty is the first DOTT Wrestling Spirit dynasty I have read. Took me a couple of days and have blasted through all of it. Excellent job. Seeing how much fun it looks like you are having has inspired me to start a DOTT Dynasty myself this weekend. I have no idea how I'll recap it and such but I'll put it on here. I think I'm going to start a dynasty with Buddy Landell and see how things shake out. I really think he could have went on to more greatness if he didn't let his demons control him for so long. So, I'm going to try to rewrite history with the other, other Nature Boy. DD[/QUOTE] I'll put an update up on Buddy and watch him as well. I started doing the following of the journaled wrestlers and tie them all together but have also included reader's favs as well. Any dynasty that is journaled here is worth reading no matter how the recaps are written because of the work put into it by the writer. I suggest that you look at XOX's dynasty and use it as a format for writing recaps of the matches. It was his dynasty that made me think of doing one on here with my current favorite wrestler. Mine are too drawn out because it's play-by-play style and it makes it able for the readers to feel that they have a ringside seat of all the action.

[QUOTE=Rob5KC]Still looking good, Cap'n Lou! Although, I must say I never thought that I'd see Rufus R Jones and Nikita Koloff as a tag team! :) It seems you're destined to hold the AWA International title for a while. Hope that will propel Taker onto even bigger things![/QUOTE] Winning the title a second time really boosted the world overness and has probably bumped up the timetable. Maybe some of the cult sized territories will be asking for his services. BTW, my SCW thread has been stopped. I've been busy with my CH2006 Navy dynasty over there at maddenmania.com .

Hey, I did want to ask before I dive into this ---- how do I go about starting the career as Landell? I mean his stats are already built up some so do I start like that or do some kind of edit and make it lower and build him up or what? Would like to know so I'm doing it like the others on here do. Thanks. DD

[QUOTE=DownNDirty]Hey, I did want to ask before I dive into this ---- how do I go about starting the career as Landell? I mean his stats are already built up some so do I start like that or do some kind of edit and make it lower and build him up or what? Would like to know so I'm doing it like the others on here do. Thanks. DD[/QUOTE] You would start him the way his is and where he is in the territory/territories that he is in and then wing it from there.

two more wrestlers to be followed [color=blue]Buddy Landell[/color] Currently in WWF [b]Won/Lost Records[/b]: [color=red]Mid-South Wrestling[/color] No longer in promotion Overall: 18-35 Singles: 8-19 Teams: 10-16 [color=red]World Wrestling Council[/color] No longer in promotion Overall: 20-18 Singles:11-10 Teams: 9-8 [color=red]World Wrestling Federation[/color] Face - Lower Midcarder Overall: 3-2 Singles: 2-1 Teams: 1-1 ------------------------------------------------ [color=blue]Dynamite Kid[/color] Currently in CMLL, CWA, GCW, MSW, WWC [b]Won/Lost Records[/b]: [color=red]Calgary Stampede Wrestling[/color] No longer in promotion Overall: 2-5 Singles: 1-4 Teams: 1-1 [color=red]Maple Leaf Wrestling[/color] No longer in promotion Overall: 6-14 Singles: 5-12 Teams: 1-2 [color=red]New Japan Pro Wrestling[/color] No longer in promotion [color=purple]Former I.W.G.P. Tag Team champion[/color] Overall: 7-37 Singles: 4-26 Teams: 3-11 [color=red]Pacific Northwest[/color] No longer in promotion Overall: 3-3 Singles: 1-3 Teams: 2-0 [color=red]Championship Wrestling Association[/color] Heel - Main Eventer Overall: 38-12 Singles: 25-2 Teams: 13-10 [color=red]Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre[/color] Heel - Opener Overall: 19-33 Singles: 5-11 Teams: 14-22 [color=red]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/color] Heel - Lower Midcarder Overall: 18-16 Singles: 9-8 Teams: 9-8 [color=red]Mid-South Wrestling[/color] Heel - Lower Midcarder Overall: 0-1 Singles: 0-0 Teams: 0-1 [color=red]World Wrestling Council[/color] Heel - Upper Midcarder Overall: 46-9 Singles: 17-3 Teams: 29-6

week 2, February 1986 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News CSW[/b] - [color=red]Michael Wood defeated Arn Anderson[/color] [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Keith Hart retained the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Bret Hart[/color] [b]CSW[/b] - Mongolian Stomper retained the CSW North American Heavyweight title by defeating Terry Taylor [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Brickhouse Brown [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News GCW[/b] - [color=red]Genichiro Tenryu and Hercules Ayala defeated Express Delivery[/color] [b]NJPW[/b] - [color=red]Jose Huertas Gonzales and Butch Miller defeated Jushin Lyger and Nobuhiko Takada[/color] [b]NJPW[/b] - El Canek retained the WWF International Title by defeating Ultraman [b]NJPW[/b] - Andre the Giant retained the NWF World Heavyweight title by defeating The Masked Superstar [b]CStates[/b] - [color=red]Paul Roma defeated Bret Hart[/color] [b]CStates[/b] - Harley Race retained the Central States Heavyweight title by defeating Art Crews [b]CStates[/b] - Terry Funk retained the Central States Television title by defeating Bob Brown [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]El Dandy defeated Arn Anderson[/color] [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]CWA - Renegade Rampage [color=red]Master of Pain[/color] vs. Randy Rich -- Cage Escape [color=green]AWA International Title Match[/color][/b] The cage is locked and the bell rings. I punch Rich then he avoids a kick in the gut and hits me with a jab punch. I reverse an irish whip and toss Rich into a corner. I give Rich an arm wringer smash then whip him into a corner and ram his head into the top turnbuckle. I kick Rich in the gut then punch him twice. I give Rich a throat thrust and a headbutt then he fights back and punches me. Rich hits me with a jab punch then I reverse an irish whip and give him a backdrop. Rich gets up quickly and surprises me but I reverse and launch him into a cage wall. Rich counters a roundhouse punch by putting me in a side headlock then he rakes me against the ropes and puts me in body scissors. I avoid an elbow drop and hit Rich with a roundhouse punch then I whip him into a corner and attack him with a flurry of punches. I whip Rich into another corner and hit him with a high knee then I irish whip him but he rushes and prevents a powerslam. I counter a punch by punching him first then whipped Rich into a corner and spashing him. I whip Rich into another corner but he counters another splash by kicking me in the gut then puts me in a top wrist lock. I stop Rich from climbing the turnbuckles but he reverses an irish whip and hits me with a jab punch. I slip out of a side headlock then irish whip Rich and hit him with a running elbow before whipping him into a corner and ramming his head into the top turnbuckle. I irish whip Rich but he avoids a lariat clothesline then launches me into a cage wall. Rich irish whips and dropkicks me then puts me in a rear chinlock. Rich hits me with an elbow drop then puts me in body scissors before picking me up and dropkicking me. I fight back and headbutt Rich then punch him. Rich ducks under a punch and irish whips me but I duck under a punch and give him a throat thrust. Rich counters a roundhouse punch by putting me in a side headlock then I slip out of the side headlock and irish whip him into a big boot. I use the ropes for added momentum and hit Rich with a measured elbow drop then slap on the trapezius nerve pinch. I pick Rich up and hit him with a short arm clothesline then kick him in the gut. Rich counters a running elbow by putting me in a side headlock then launches me into a cage wall and hitting me with an elbow drop before putting me in body scissors and a rear chinlock. Rich gives me an elbow drop and puts me in body scissors then gives me another elbow drop and hits me with a bionic elbow. I avoid an elbow drop then press slame Rich. I climb the turnbuckles but Rich catches me on the top rope and throws me to the mat. Rich gives me an elbow drop and puts me in body scissors then he tries to launch me into a cage wall but I reverse it and he goes crashing into a cage wall. I climb the turnbuckles and hit Rich with a flying standing elbow then irish whip him but he ducks under a lariat clothesline. I slip out of a side headlock then Rich breaks out of a bearhug and hits me with a jab punch. Rich irish whips me and I duck under a punch but he counters a bearhug by punching me. I slip out of a top wrist lock then he counters a backbreaker by punching me and puts me in a side headlock. Rich punches me and tries to launch me into a cage wall but I reverse it and again he goes crashing into a cage wall. I give Rich snake eyes then he counters an inverted piledriver by punching me. Rich irish whips me then kicks me in the gut and gives me a knife edge chop before snap maring me. Rich hits me with a bionic elbow then climbs to the second rope and dropkicks me. Rich climbs to the second rope and again dropkicks me then tries it a third time and I avoid it. Rich fights back and heads for a corner then I counter a dropkick from the second rope with a choke slam and start climbing a cage wall. Rich catches me at the top of the cage and drags me back down then I slip out of a top wrist lock. I go to slap on the iron claw but Rich avoids it then punches me before irish whipping me and punching me again. Rich gives me a drop toe hold and puts me in body scissors then I avoid an elbow drop but he counters a flap jack by kicking me in the gut. Rich irish whips and punches me then irish whips me again and gives me a knife edge chop before delivering an elbow drop. Rich rakes me against the ropes then puts me in body scissors. Rich bounces off the ropes and gives me a measured elbow drop then I avoid a bionic elbow and nail him with a domination powerbomb that makes his head start to bleed. I start climbing a cage wall and again Rich recovers in time to catch me at the top of the cage and pull me back down. Rich irish whips me and hits me with a running dropkick then hits me with a bionic elbow. I avoid a measured elbow drop then put Rich in a bearhug and ram his back into the turnbuckles. Rich counters an inverted piledriver by kicking me in the gut then I stop him from climbing the turnbuckles. Rich reverses an irish whip and hits me with a bionic elbow then hits me with another bionic elbow while I was on the mat. I avoid another measured elbow drop then hit Rich with a roundhouse punch and nail him with an inverted piledriver. While Rich is lying there on the mat motionless I climb a cage wall and go over and down to retain the AWA International title. [b]Time: 33 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] (I hope that I didn't hurt Randy Rich too bad because I checked his condition and his head was at "0") Also on the card: [color=red]Joe Malenko defeated Ken Shamrock[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - [color=red]The Scooby Gang defeated Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Curtis Iaukea and Angelo Mosca Jr defeated Ted Arcidi and Nikita Koloff[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Rusher Kimura defeated Dynamite Kid[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - Norvell Austin retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Genichiro Tenryu [b]CStates[/b] - Harley Race retained the Central States Heavyweight title by defeating Ted Oates [b]SWCW[/b] - Ken Timbs retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Kerry Brown [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News[/b] There were no matches involving featured wrestlers nor any title matches.

week 3, February 1986 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]CWA - CWA All-Stars TV Show[/b] I must have a good face for radio because once again I am not scheduled to be on the show. On the air: [color=red]Tony Charles defeated Ken Shamrock[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MLW[/b] - [color=red]Arn Anderson defeated Adam Yawrenko[/color] [b]MLW[/b] - The Mercenaries retained the Canadian Open Tag Team titles by defeating Joe Lightfoot and Otto Wanz [b]UWA[/b] - Brothers of the Mask retained the UWA World Tag Team titles by defeating El Satanico and Bad News Allen [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News CMLL[/b] - [color=red]Gypsy Joe defeated Dynamite Kid[/color] [b]WCCW[/b] - David Von Erich retained the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title by defeating Earthquake [b]WWC[/b] - Invader #1 retained the WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title by defeating Pedro Morales [b]PNW[/b] - Kerry Brown won the PNW Heavyweight title by defeating Ed Wiskowski [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - [color=red]Nikita Koloff, Mark Youngblood and Assassin #2 defeated Jay Youngblood, Manny Fernandez and Bugsy McGraw[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - Harley Race retained the United States Heavyweight title by defeating Greg Valentine [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Ric Flair defeated Dory Funk Jr[/color] [b]WWF[/b] - [color=red]Jimmy Golden defeated Buddy Landell[/color] [b]WWF[/b] - [color=red]Paul Orndorff and Nikolai Volkoff defeated Masked Superstar and Hulk Hogan[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Rusher Kimura and Tatsumi Fujinami defeated Dynamite Kid and Ray Candy[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - Norvell Austin retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Cyclone Negro [b]MSW[/b] - Bob Brown won the Mid-South Television title by defeating Ron Bass [b]CWF[/b] - Hercules Ayala won the Florida Heavyweight title by defeating Bob Roop [b]CStates[/b] - [color=red]Lane Huffman defeated Bret Hart[/color] [b]MLW[/b] - [color=red]Arn Anderson retained Alvin Stones[/color]

week 3, February 1986 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - Payback retained the AWA World Tag Team titles by defeating Rick Martel and Jumbo Tsuruta [b]JPUK[/b] - [color=red]Steven Regal, Drew McDonald and Fit Finlay defeated Mark McCoy, David Taylor and Cowboy Bret Hart[/color] [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Arn Anderson defeated El Dandy[/color] [b]CSW[/b] - Mongolian Stomper reteined the CSW North American Heavyweight title by defeating Tony Falk [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News CWA[/b] - Released Kendall Windham [b]CStates[/b] - [color=red]Bret Hart defeated La Parka[/color] [b]CStates[/b] - Terry Funk retained the Central States Television title by defeating Bob Brown [b]SWCW[/c] - Orton & Slater retained the Southwest Tag Team titles by defeating Outback Jack and Chris Youngblood [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Arn Anderson defeated Jim Powers[/color] [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]CWA - Renegade Rampage Main Event: Tables Match - [color=red]Master of Pain[/color] vs. Gino Brito [color=green]AWA International Title Match[/color][/b] The match begins and I give Brito an arm wringer smash and put him in an arm wringer. Brito breaks out of an arm wringer then headbutts and punches me. Brito gives me a knee lift and puts me in a side headlock then I slip out of the side headlock and irish whip him into a punch. I punch Brito again then give him a throat thrust before irish whipping him into a backdrop. I punch Brito three times and kick him in the gut then he counters a punch by punching me first and irish whips me. I avoid being hit by a forearm then punch Brito three more times. I climb the turnbuckles and hit Brito with a flying double axe handle then choke him before whipping him into a corner. I hit Brito with a flurry of punches then whip him into another corner and give him a flurry of stomps. Brito fights back but I slip from a snap mare and throw him out of the ring. I go out after Brito and ram his face into a guard rail before taking him to the other side of the walkway and ram his face into another guard rail. I hit Brito with a roundhouse punch then he gets up quickly, catching me by surprise, and puts me in an arm wringer. I slip out of a front facelock and ram Brito's face into a table at ringside then roll him back into the ring. Brito counters a roundhouse punch by hitting me with a forearm then puts me in a side headlock. Brito takes me down while in a side headlock then stomps on me. I avoid an elbow drop and hit Brito with a roundhouse punch. I climb the turnbuckles then Brito counters a flying lariat clothesline by dropkicking me and stomps on me. I reverse an irish whip and give Brito a roundhouse punch then he fights back and puts me in an arm wringer. Brito punches me and irish whips me but I avoid being kicked in the gut. Brito reverses a whip into a corner then rams my head into the top turnbuckle and irish whips me into a punch. Brito irish whips me, knocking the ref out, but I avoid being kicked in the gut and whip him into a corner. I choke Brito in the corner and climb the turnbuckles in another corner then he counters a flying standing elbow by hitting me in the gut with a forearm. Brito irish whips and dropkicks me then gives me a knee drop and a kick in the gut. Brito punches me then hits me with a forearm and dropkicks me. I avoid being stomped on then whip Brito into a corner and hit him with a clothesline. Brito counters a roundhouse punch by putting me in a side headlock as the ref recovers. I slip out of the side headlock and throw Brito out of the ring over the top rope and he hits his head on a barrier and it starts to bleed. I go out after Brito then pick up a steel chair and he counters a shot in the head by putting me in a side headlock. I slip out of a hammerlock then give Brito a back bomb after putting him in a hammerlock. I grab a table and slide it into the ring then roll Brito into the ring. I give Brito a backbreaker against the turnbuckles then he breaks from a choke slam try and punches me twice. Brito takes me down while putting me in a side headlock and I avoid being stomped on. Brito counter a press slam try by kicking me in the gut then irish whips me. I slip from an arm whip then give Brito a double backbreaker. Brito fights back and punches me then puts me in a top wrist lock. Brito hits me in the gut with a forearm then dropkicks me. I break out of head scissors and hit Brito with a short arm clothesline before picking him up and giving him an inverted piledriver. Brito counters a choke slam try by punching me then I avoid being kicked in the gut and irish whip him into a high backdrop and sending him through the table to end the match and keep the AWA International title. [b]Time: 23 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] Also on the card: [color=red]Chavo Guerrero Sr defeated Dynamite Kid. Johnny Rich and Todd Tomko defeated Ken Shamrock and Kristin Eaton[/color]. Otto Wanz retained the Southern Heavyweight title by defeating Honky Tonk Man. [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - [color=red]Nikita Koloff defeated Jay Youngblood[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - Norvell Austin retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Bob Brown [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News[/b] There were no matches with featured wrestlers nor any title matches.

week 4, February 1986 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]CWA - CWA All-Stars TV Show[/b] I know that I might have a good face for radio but I wrestle with a mask on. Once again I am not scheduled to be on the show. On the air: [color=red]Perry Saturn defeated Ken Shamrock[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MLW[/b] - [color=red]Arn Anderson defeated David Sammartino[/color] [b]PPW[/b] - The Human Chess Team retained the Polynesian Pacific Tag Team titles by defeating Kendall Windham and Lane Huffman [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News WCCW[/b] - The Von Erichs retained the WCCW Texas Tag Team titles by defeating Porkchop Cash and Raymond Rougeau [b]WWC[/b] - Pedro Morales retained the Universal Heavyweight title by defeating Bad News Allen [b]PNW[/b] - Kerry Brown retained the PNW Heavyweight title by defeating Timothy Flowers [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - [color=red]Bob Orton Jr defeated Ric Flair[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Nikita Koloff defeated Jay Youngblood[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - Jimmy Valiant retained the NWA World Heavyweight title by defeating Dusty Rhodes [b]MACW[/b] - Jack Brisco retained the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title by defeating Abdullah the Butcher [b]AWA[/b] - Baron Von Raschke retained the AWA Television title by defeating Sgt. Slaughter [b]WWF[/b] - [color=red]Earthquake defeated Buddy Landell[/color] [b]WWF[/b] - Andre the Giant retained the WWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Big John Studd [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Mike Rotundo and Dynamite Kid defeated Randy Rose and Juan Rodriguez[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]The Spoiler defeated Hercules Ayala[/color] [b]CMLL[/b] - Super Pinocho retained the NWA World Lightweight title by defeating Perro Aguayo [b]NJPW[/b] - [color=red]Mascara Sagrada, Kuniaki Kobayashi and Yoshiaki Yatsu defeated Black Cat, The Cobra and Jushin Lyger[/color] [b]MSW[/b] - Ron Bass and Jos Leduc won the Mid-South Tag Team titles by defeating Bob Brown and Mr.Wrestling II (They will be known as The Partners) [b]CWF[/b] - Kevin Sullivan retained the CWF Television title by defeating Genichiro Tenryu [b]MLW[/b] - [color=red]Arn Anderson defeated Michael Wood[/color] [b]MLW[/b] - Rick Martel retained the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Dan Severn [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Mongolian Stomper retained the CSW North American Heavyweight title by defeating Bret Hart[/color] [b]CSW[/b] - Keith Hart retained the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Tony Falk

week 4, February 1986 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - Baron Von Raschke retained the AWA Television title by defeating Jerry Blackwell [b]JPUK[/b] - [color=red]Ben McCoy defeated Cowboy Bret Hart[/color] [b]JPUK[/b] - Johnny Saint retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeated Kendo [b]AJPW[/b] - Baba and Jumbo retained the NWA International Tag Team titles by defeating The Destroyer and Akio Sato [b]SWCW[/b] - Ken Timbs retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Lane Huffman [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Arn Anderson defeated Michael Wood[/color] [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News JPUK[/b] - [color=red]Les Thornton defeated Cowboy Bret Hart[/color] [b]JPUK[/b] - Keith Hayward won the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Johnny Saint [b]NJPW[/b] - The Masked Superstar won the WWF International title by defeating El Canek [b]NJPW[/b] - Dr.Wagner won the NWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Andre the Giant [b]CStates[/b] - Terry Funk retained the Central States Television title by defeating Rusher Kimura [b]CStates[/b] - Don Kent and Ted Oates won the Central States Tag Team titles by defeating The Unforgiven. [color=purple]The new champs will now be known as The Powers That Be[/color] [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]CWA - Renegade Rampage [color=red]Master of Pain[/color] vs Chavo Guerrero Sr [color=green]AWA International Title Match[/color][/b] The bell rings and Chavo hits me with a jab punch and a european uppercut before gouging my eyes and putting me in an arm wringer. I counter a punch with a punch then Chavo slips from a backbreaker and gives me an arm wringer smash before gouging my eyes. Chavo gives me a european uppercut and hits me with a jab punch then dropkicks me and starts choking me. I slip from a knee pull then hit Chavo in the back with a forearm and whip him into a corner where I ram his head into the top turnbuckle. I punch Chavo then headbutt him twice and punch him again. I headbutt Chavo again and hit him with an elbow drop then give him a forearm in the back and a backbreaker. Chavo fights back but I counter a european uppercut with a throat thrust and headbutt him twice. I give Chavo an arm wringer smash and a punch then he avoids a punch and punches me. I stop Chavo from climbing the turnbuckles and punch him before irish whipping him and giving him a backdrop. Chavo fights back and punches me then hits me with a jab punch and dropkicks me. Chavo gouges my eyes and gives me a european uppercut then punches me and puts me in a hammerlock. I avoid a dropkick and toss Chavo into a corner where I batter him with a flurry of punches then irish whip him into a running clothesline. I throw Chavo out of the ring and go out after him. I slam Chavo's face into a guard rail then send him into a ring post shoulder first. I put Chavo into a bearhug and ram his back into the ring apron then he fights back and puts me in an arm wringer. I avoid a dropkick then put Chavo in a bearhug and ram his back into the ring apron and drag him back into the ring. Chavo counters a backbreaker by gouging my eyes then hits me with a jab punch before gouging my eyes. Chavo sandwiches an eye gouge between a pair of european uppercuts then hits me with a jab punch and puts me in a hammerlock. Chavo gives me a running neck snap and a knee pull then I slip out of a choke hold and irish whip him into a big boot. Chavo slips out of a backbreaker then gives me an arm wringer smash and gouges my eyes. I slip out of a hammerlock and irish whip Chavo into a big boot before hitting him with a short arm clothesline. Chavo breaks a choke slam try then punches me and gouges my eyes. I slip out of a hammerlock and give Chavo a driving knee lift then hit him with snake eyes. I put Chavo in a bearhug and ram his back into the turnbuckles then batter him with a flurry of punches. I climb the turnbuckles and hit Chavo with a flying lariat clothesline then irish whip him, knocking the ref out. Chavo avoids a backdrop and gives me a triple kick combo before choking me and giving me a knee pull. Chavo dropkicks me then I avoid a senton and hit him with a measured elbow. I DDT'd Chavo and his head begins to bleed as the ref recovers. Chavo reverses an irish whip but I avoid a punch then irish whip him into a big boot and hit him with a big legdrop. I cover Chavo but he kicks out at the last second then I irish whip him but he avoids a lariat clothesline. Chavo irish whips and dropkicks me then I slip from a hammerlock and give him a double backbreaker before covering him but he kicks out at the last second. Chavo counters an inverted piledriver by punching me then takes me to the mat in an arm wringer and chokes me. The ref breaks it up then Chavo chokes me again and gives me a knee pull before hitting me with a senton. I slip out of a knee pull then give Chavo a back bomb after putting him in a hammerlock. Chavo counters an inverted piledriver by gouging my eyes then hits me with a jab punch before feeling dizzy. Chavo breaks a choke slam try then gouges my eyes and gives me an arm wringer smash before gouging my eyes again and putting me in a hammerlock then an arm wringer. Chavo punches me twice then dropkicks me and gives me a knee drop before choking me and hitting me with a senton. I avoid a basement dropkick and DDT Chavo then cover him but he kicks out at the last second. Chavo counters a choke slam try by gouging my eyes then takes me down in an arm wringer and giving me a legdrop in the groin. Chavo gives me a senton and a basement dropkick then gives me a legdrop in the groin and two sentons. I reverse an irish whip and hit him with a big boot then I miss with a big legdrop and Chavo covers me but I kick out at the last second. Chavo dropkicks me in the knee and gives me a triple kick combo before landing a basement dropkick and my head begins to bleed. Chavo hits me with a standing moonsault and covers me but I am able to kick out at the last second. Chavo hits me with a low blow and a basement dropkick then nails me with a catapult somersault senton. I slip out of a scissored ankle lock then put Chavo in a hammerlock and give him a shoulder breaker. I cover Chavo but he kicks out at the last second then I flap jack him and he counters an inverted piledriver by dropkicking me. Chavo gives me a second rope rana then nails me with a charging basement dropkick before feeling dizzy. Chavo breaks a powerbomb then hits me with a high cross body but I am able to kick out at the last second. Chavo puts me in an arm wringer and gives me three straight kicks then dropkicks me and gives me a standing moonsault but I am able to kick out of the pin attempt at the last second. Chavo gives me a low blow and a moonsault then covers me and I kick out at the last second. Chavo gives me another low blow and hits me with a high cross body but I am able to again kick out at the last second. Chavo begins to feel dizzy but he breaks a choke slam try then puts me in an arm wringer and gives me three straight kicks. I avoid a catapult somersault senton but I begin to feel dizzy then Chavo hits me with a high cross body and I kick out at the last second. Chavo gives me a low blow and a catapult somersault senton then nails me with a charging basement dropkick. Chavo gives me another low blow then cradles me but I am able to kick out at the last second. Chavo feels dizzy but he counters an inverted piledriver by dropkicking me then gives me a basement dropkick. I avoid a standing moonsault but Chavo counters a roundhouse punch with a punch and hits me with a high cross body. I kick out of the pin attempt at the last second then he irish whips me but I avoid a low blow. Chavo counters a backbreaker by gouging my eyes then I slip from an arm wringer and slap on the iron claw and Chavo submits. God this guy is tough to put away. [b]Time: 38 minutes, Rating: B[/b] Also on the card: [color=red]Michael Wood defeated Ken Shamrock[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - Jack Brisco retained the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title by defeating The Iron Sheik [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Jimmy Valiant retained the NWA World Heavyweight title by defeating Nikita Koloff[/color] [b]JPUK[/b] - Keith Hayward retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Davey Boy Smith [b]WWF[/b] - [color=red]Don Kent defeated Buddy Landell[/color] [b]WWF[/b] - [color=red]Hulk Hogan defeated Jesse Ventura[/color] [b]WWF[/b] - Big John Studd won the WWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Andre the Giant (it wasn't a good week for him) [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Dynamite Kid and Buzz Tyler defeated Juan Rodriguez and Masanobu Fuchi[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]The Spoiler defeated Tetsuo Sekigawa[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - Genichiro Tenryu won the National Heavyweight title by defeating Norvell Austin [b]CStates[/b] - [color=red]Barbarian defeated Bret Hart[/color] [b]CStates[/b] - Terry Funk retained the Central States Television title by defeating Rusher Kimura [b]SWCW[/b] - Ken Timbs retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Mick Foley [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News CMLL[/b] - [color=red]Hector, Estrada, Fu and Ho defeated Nagasaki, Kendo, Dynamite and La Pantera Rosa[/color]

Mark Calloway's Progress Report -- March 1, 1986 [color=red]Changes are in red[/color] [b]World Overness[/b] USA - 89 ([color=red]+3[/color]) Canada - 70 Mexico - 70 Japan - 70 UK - 60 [b]Skills/Attributes[/b] Spirit - 67 ([color=red]+1[/color]) power - 76 technique - 50 speed - 54 psychology - 83 stamina - 64 toughness - 94 charisma - 91 microphone - 29 safety - 66 looks - 92 respect - 59 ([color=red]+3[/color]) [b]Promotions & Match Records[/b] [color=blue]Pacific Northwest[/color] Disposition: Heel Upper Midcarder -- No longer in promotion [color=purple]Former PNW Television title holder[/color] Won/Lost records: Singles: 18-3 Tag Teams: 10-0 [color=blue]World Class Championship Wrestling[/color] Disposition: Heel Main Eventer -- No longer in promotion [color=purple]Former WCCW Heavyweight champ Former WCCW Six Man Tag Team title holder[/color] Won/Lost records: Singles: 31-6 Tag Teams: 21-1 [color=blue]Central States[/color] Disposition: Heel Main Eventer -- No longer in promotion [color=purple]Former co-holder Central States Tag Team title Former Central States Television champ (2)[/color] Won/Lost records: Singles: 15-8 Tag Teams: 6-1 [color=blue]Mid-South Wrestling[/color] Disposition: Heel Main Eventer -- No longer in promotion Won/Lost records: Singles: 16-2 Teams: 6-2 [color=blue]Championship Wrestling Association[/color] Disposition: Heel Main Eventer [color=purple]Current AWA International title holder Current Southern Tag Team title Co-holder Former AWA International title holder[/color] Won/Lost records: Singles: 21-2 Teams: 4-0 [color=blue]New Japan Pro Wrestling[/color] No Longer in Promotion Won/Lost records: Singles: 22-3 Teams: 7-1

A note to all my readers: Starting on Friday Week One of March, 1986, I will be including in the "Today's Wrestling News" section the signings and the firings/releases of the "Big 3" in professional wrestling at this time: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, American Wrestling Association and World Wrestling Federation. This is so that you all can see the roster changes being done by MACW, AWA and WWF.

week 1, March, 1986 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]CWA - CWA All-Stars TV Show[/b] I am again not scheduled to be on the program. There are also no matches involving Dynamite Kid, Ken Shamrock nor any titles. [b]Today's Wrestling News MLW[/b] - [color=red]Arn Anderson defeated Joe Savoldi[/color] [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Kendall Windham [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News CMLL[/b] - [color=red]Dynamite Kid defeated El Perverso[/color] [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - [color=red]Pearl Slam retained the NWA World Tag Team titles by defeating The Scooby Gang[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Nikita Koloff defeated Bugsy McGraw[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - Harley Race won the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title by defeating Jack Brisco [b]WWF[/b] - [color=red]Don Kernodle and Giant Haystacks defeated Buddy Landell and Salvatore Bellomo[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - Genichiro Tenryu retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Ken Timbs [b]CMLL[/b] - [color=red]Rayo de Jalisco Jr and Dynamite Kid defeated Mando Guerrero and Hector Guerrero[/color] [b]AJPW[/b] - Mil Mascaras retained the PWF Heavyweight title by defeating Jumbo Tsuruta [b]CStates[/b] - [color=red]Paul Roma defeated Bret Hart[/color] [b]MLW[/b] - [color=red]Jim Powers, Arn Anderson and Alvin Stones defeated David Sammartino, Adam Yawrenko and Dan Severn[/color]

week 1, March 1986 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News SWCW[/b] - Ken Timbs retained the Southwest Television title by defeating George Weingeroff [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Arn Anderson defeated Jim Powers[/color] [b]CSW[/b] - Mongolian Stomper retained the CSW North American Heavyweight title by defeating Jimmy Golden [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - Jerry Brisco to Leave MACW [b]WWF[/b] - Signed Bob Roop [b]CStates[/b] - [color=red]Released Bret Hart[/color] [b]JPUK[/b] - The Amazing Kung Fu won the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Keith Hayward [b]MSW[/b] - [color=red]Moose Morowski and Gino Brito defeated Gypsy Joe and Dynamite Kid[/color] [b]CStates[/b] - The Powers That Be retained the Central States Tag Team titles by defeating Randy Rose and Masanobu Fuchi [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]CWA - Renegade Rampage[/b] I am not scheduled to wrestle tonight. On the Card: [color=red]Michael Wood defeated Todd Tomko and Ken Shamrock[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - [color=red]Manny Fernandez defeated Nikita Koloff[/color] [b]JPUK[/b] - [color=red]McGee, Bridges, Taylor and McCoy defeated Bearcat, McDonald, Cowboy Bruce and Cowboy Bret[/color] [b]JPUK[/b] - Johnny Saint retained the World Light Heavyweight title by defeating Jackie Pallo [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Dynamite Kid defeated Randy Rose[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Genichiro Tenryu retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating The Spoiler[/color] [b]CStates[/b] - The Powers That Be retained the Central States Tag Team titles by defeating Harley Race and Masanobu Fuchi [b]SWCW[/b] - Ken Timbs retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Kerry Brown [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News[/b] There were no matches held with either featured wrestlers or titles.

Archived